PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's one big happy family

mockingbyrd7
2008-10-26, 10:41 AM
Thog is Therkla's brother. Bozzok is their brother. You can't tell that Bozzok and Thog are Azurites at heart because all half-orcs appear the same. Their mother was from the island of orcs Elan and the boat party encountered. Their father was Hinjo's brother. Hinjo and Lien will fall in love, only to discover that they're brother and sister. Shojo was Hinjo's uncle. Miko was his granddaughter. Tsukiko is Miko's sister. Soon Kim was Shojo's grandfather. Serini is Belkar's great-aunt, and the halfling in the Thieves Guild is Belkar's brother. Old Blind Pete is Roy's great-uncle. Eugene and Sara Greenhilt are Roy's parents. Julia is his sister. Sabine is also his sister, but she traded away her soul and became an evil fiend. Horace is Roy's grandfather and Eugene's father and Old Blind Pete's father. Ian and Mia Starshine are Haley's parents. Girard Draketooth is Ian Starshine's grandfather. Ian Starshine is Lord Tyrinar's brother. Xykon is Lord Tyrinar and Ian Starshine's uncle. Lord Tyrinar and Elan's mom are the parents of Elan and Nale, making Elan and Nale related to Haley. Vaarsuvius is the grandchild of Lirian. Pompey is Vaarsuvius's half grand-brother (is that possible?), the grandchild of Lirian and Dorukan. The roaches are the spawn of the Monster in the Darkness. Kraagor was Durkon's grandfather. Hilgya is Durkon's sister and the mother of Durkon's child. The nameless cleric of Loki is the stepson of Lord Tyrinar after he remarried.

Feel free to add on and discuss the legitimacy of my theories.

Edit: Zuzak made an awesome flow chart down below that will help if you're confused. :smallbiggrin:

Cleverdan22
2008-10-26, 10:48 AM
This is fantastic. Great job. There's only one problem: In SoD, it is revealed where the roaches come from, and its not the MitD.

Ragn Charran
2008-10-26, 11:12 AM
This is fantastic. Great job. There's only one problem: In SoD, it is revealed where the roaches come from, and its not the MitD.

Only the ones in SoD. The ones in the webcomic strips are attracted by MitD's crumbs, as per #82

TigerHunter
2008-10-26, 11:14 AM
Only one problem--if Shojo specifically states that he never got around to siring an heir, so Miko can't be his granddaughter.

RMS Oceanic
2008-10-26, 11:34 AM
Only one problem--if Shojo specifically states that he never got around to siring an heir, so Miko can't be his granddaughter.

In heireditary monarchies, heirs have to be legitimate children born within wedlock between King and Queen. :smallwink:

Historical Example: Henry VIII had at least two sons born out of wedlock, but he was still obsessed with finding a male heir to the throne.

nosignal
2008-10-26, 11:42 AM
Unnamed cleric of Loki is related to Lord Tyrinar. I mean, just look at their colour (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html) schemes (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0603.html). It HAS to be true.

prongs43
2008-10-26, 11:51 AM
Thog is Therkla's sister.

Don't you mean that Thog is Therkla's brother?

TigerHunter
2008-10-26, 12:27 PM
In heireditary monarchies, heirs have to be legitimate children born within wedlock between King and Queen. :smallwink:

Historical Example: Henry VIII had at least two sons born out of wedlock, but he was still obsessed with finding a male heir to the throne.
Hm, I didn't think of that.

hamishspence
2008-10-26, 12:35 PM
And one, Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond, has been subject of both fantasy fiction (elvenland) and vampire fiction (modern era)

Cleverdan22
2008-10-26, 01:34 PM
Unnamed cleric of Loki is related to Lord Tyrinar. I mean, just look at their colour (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html) schemes (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0603.html). It HAS to be true.

We don't actually know if that is Lord Tyrinar or not.

BRC
2008-10-26, 01:45 PM
We don't actually know if that is Lord Tyrinar or not.

Guys Guys Guys, don't you see, it's obvious that Lord Tyranar is not Nale's father, he's Nale and Elan's UNCLE. Lord Tyrannar decided to raise one of the many children of his brother, a certain Don Julio Scoundrel!

mockingbyrd7
2008-10-26, 02:41 PM

Ooh! That's good! Adding it.

Don't you mean that Thog is Therkla's brother?

Fixed.

zuzak
2008-10-26, 04:02 PM
This could really use a flow chart or something. Let's see...

Orc on the island
Father of
Therkla, Thog, and Bozzok

Serini
Sister of
Belkar's Grandparent (unknown)
Parent of
Belkar's Parent
Parent of
Belkar, Thieves Guild Halfling

Horace
Father of
Pete
And
Eugene- married to Sara
Parents of
Roy, Sabine, Julia, and Eric

Girard Draketooth
Father of
Xykon
Father of
Lord Tyrinar (see below)
And
Ian- Married to Mia
Parents of
Haley

Lord Tyrinar- Married to Elan's mom (unknown), then Cleric of Loki's mother
Parents of
Elan, Nale
Cousins of
Haley

Soon Kim
Grandfather of
Shojo
Grandfather of
Miko
And Uncle of
Hinjo, Lien

Lirian- Married to V's Grandfather; then (or before) Dorukan (Pompey's grandfather)
Parents of
One of V's parents; one of Pompey's parents
Married to
V's other parent; Pompey's other parent
Parents of
V; Pompey

MitD
Spawns
Roaches

Kraagor
Grandfather of
Durkon, Hilgya
Parents of
Durkon's child

T-O-E
2008-10-26, 04:06 PM
<snip>

Not trying to state the obvious here, sorry if I come off as a jerk...
He's mocking the outlandish theories where every character is connected to eachother. Doesn't have to make sense.

zuzak
2008-10-26, 04:12 PM
Yeah, but it was still fun to do.

Lokasenna
2008-10-26, 05:18 PM
This could really use a flow chart or something.
Horace
Father of
Pete
And
Eugene- married to Sara
Parents of
Roy, Sabine, Julia, and Eric

Soon Kim
Grandfather of
Shojo
Grandfather of
Miko
And Uncle of
Hinjo, Lien

You might want to change your formatting a bit. When I read this, I read it as Soon, grandfather of Shojo. Shojo, grandfather of Miko. Miko, uncle of Hinjo. Then I read it as Soon, grandfather of Shojo and Miko, and uncle of Hinjo. I think indents would help, at least for me.

mockingbyrd7
2008-10-26, 06:28 PM
Zuzak, that's amazing. Thanks so much.

zuzak
2008-10-26, 07:24 PM
You might want to change your formatting a bit. When I read this, I read it as Soon, grandfather of Shojo. Shojo, grandfather of Miko. Miko, uncle of Hinjo. Then I read it as Soon, grandfather of Shojo and Miko, and uncle of Hinjo. I think indents would help, at least for me.

I tried to indent using spaces, but that didn't work, and I only just saw the little "Indent" button on the toolbar, and its kind of tedious to go through and change them all. My idea with saying "And Uncle of" was that it would read "Soon Kim, Gradfather of Shojo, who was Grandfather of Miko AND uncle of Hinjo."

Besides, Miko being Hinjo's uncle isn't really that far from Elan and Haley being decedents of Xykon, or how none of the characters recognized the names of they're ancestors.

Lokasenna
2008-10-26, 07:33 PM
I tried to indent using spaces, but that didn't work, and I only just saw the little "Indent" button on the toolbar, and its kind of tedious to go through and change them all. My idea with saying "And Uncle of" was that it would read "Soon Kim, Gradfather of Shojo, who was Grandfather of Miko AND uncle of Hinjo."

Besides, Miko being Hinjo's uncle isn't really that far from Elan and Haley being decedents of Xykon, or how none of the characters recognized the names of they're ancestors.

I understand :smallsmile:

For the second part, people don't necessarily know the names of their ancestors, especially if you never knew your father's family or your own family never talks about it. I just think it's funny that Miko is now a guy. :smallbiggrin:

Winthur
2008-10-27, 12:49 PM
Ooo, I know! How about Roy marries Celia. Celia is obviously Sabine's stepsister, because both are from the other plane with wings. Sabine becomes related with Roy (I refuse the sister connection). They spawn a baby with Nale. Roy and Elan are both uncles of the baby - the baby is, obviously, Qarr! Qarr makes a deal with V and they form a blood pact. They are bloodbrothers now. Roy is related to Dorukan and Lirian through this. Dorukan and Lirian spawned Pompey, and Julia finally accepts his advances because he's more cool with all the evilness. They have a baby. Miko ressurects, and Celia dies meanwhile due to some disease. Roy finds Miko and accepts her this time. They have a baby after a long, Viconia-like relationship.

Hinjo is the uncle to the baby, or whatever, I get confused. Hinjo is the descendant of Soon Kim.
The baby is related to Celia, although she's dead. Vaarsuvius gets related to Roy through the blood pact, and Roy being the uncle of Qarr. He's related to Dorukan and Lirian as well, and Dorukan and Lirian spawn Pompey, who gets in touch with Julia. Dorukan and Lirian are related to Soon Kim through Hinjo being uncle of Roy's baby with Miko. Voila! Roy becomes his own grandfather.

Kwarkpudding
2008-10-27, 01:05 PM
But Tsukiko isn't related to anyone yet :smallfrown:

She might be Miko's sister, then :smalltongue:

BRC
2008-10-27, 01:07 PM

Tsukiko is the daughter of whatshername (One of Xykon's Co-workers from SoD, it was Xykon, Keith Baker, and somebody whose name I forgot)

Kwarkpudding
2008-10-27, 01:14 PM
Tsukiko is the daughter of whatshername (One of Xykon's Co-workers from SoD, it was Xykon, Keith Baker, and somebody whose name I forgot)

I think that was Yydranna, not quite sure on the spelling.

Welf
2008-10-27, 01:19 PM

The unnamed cleric is Lord Tyrinar. He lost all of his memories and started a new carrier as cleric. He is also the father of Thercla.

The Hop Goblin
2008-10-27, 03:46 PM
Not trying to state the obvious here, sorry if I come off as a jerk...
He's mocking the outlandish theories where every character is connected to eachother. Doesn't have to make sense.

Blame George Lucas; he started the whole "over-connecting every character" bit.

mockingbyrd7
2008-10-27, 06:57 PM
The unnamed cleric is Lord Tyrinar. He lost all of his memories and started a new career as cleric. He is also the father of Thercla.

We already saw Therkla's father. He was an Azurite.

Oh! I bet Therkla's father was Hinjo's brother! I'm adding that. That's gold!

EDIT: I just realized that I messed something up. I said that Therkla's father was an island orc, but we've already seen Therkla's Azurite father. This means Therkla's MOTHER was an island orc and her dad was Hinjo's brother. Fixed now.

Perfect!

zuzak
2008-10-27, 07:03 PM
<snip>

I think that's even worse than the first one.

Especially if you make some sort of twisted hybrid! :smalleek:

Liwen
2008-10-27, 09:54 PM
Sorry to break the party, but Girard can't be Xykon's father. Xykon used two low HD zombies to murder his parents and Girard was EPIC. He could have blasted the zombies by talking to loudly.

mockingbyrd7
2008-10-28, 05:16 PM
Sorry to break the party, but Girard can't be Xykon's father. Xykon used two low HD zombies to murder his parents and Girard was EPIC. He could have blasted the zombies by talking to loudly.

Good point. Therefore, Girard must be Xykon's father's BROTHER, making him Xykon's uncle.

nosignal
2008-10-28, 10:35 PM
The unnamed cleric is Lord Tyrinar. He lost all of his memories and started a new carrier as cleric. He is also the father of Thercla.

But how will Haley get her father back? Unless... Haley's father faked his own kidnapping!

Assassin89
2008-11-07, 08:23 AM
I have noticed a similarity between Grand Larceny guy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0420.html) and Therlka's father. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html)
So grand Larceny guy is either the father of therlka or related to the father of therlka