PDA

View Full Version : Hello.. Kefka(Non Divine Ranked "deities")

ArlEammon
2008-10-27, 02:20 AM
Kefka
medium outsider(evil, chaotic)
Sorcerer level 30
Outsider 20d8
Divine Rank: None
Hit Dice: 840
Initiative: +12
Speed: 40 feet, 120 flying speed
Armor Class: +8 dex, +35 natural armor
Base Attack/Grapple: +32/+27/+22/+17
Attack: +32
Full Attack: +32
Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet
Special Attacks: Spells, at will spell like ability
Special Qualities: permanent flight spell, 32 spell resistance
Saves: +46 fortitude, +32 reflex, +30 will save
Abilities: Strength 35, Dexterity 28, Constitution 50, Intelligence 24, Wisdom 24, Charisma 36.
Skills: (As 11th level sorcerer, when he was a lacky.)
Concentration(+14)+34, Knowledge(Arcana)+14(+21), Knowledge(Mythology)+14(+21), Intimidate(+14)+27, bluff(+14)+32, spell craft(As epic sorcerer, because this would be rediculous if he counted only as an 11th level sorcerer) + 40, spot (14)+21, listen (14)+21, perform(14)+32, Wilderness lore(14)+21, Diplomacy(14)+32, Knowledge(local)+14(21), Knowledge(architecture)+4(+11)
Feats:
scribe scroll, call familiar, empower spell, maximize spell, silent spell, still spell, spell focus : Evocation, eschew materials, improved initiative, combat reflexes, combat casting, extend spell, enlarge spell, quicken spell, dodge, run
Epic Feats:
Enhance spell X 3 times

Spell like Ability:
Light of Judgement 20d20 damage to everything within 20 miles of the blast area. Light of Judgement can cut continents in half.

Enlong
2008-10-27, 02:32 AM
Being that Kefka was the first Magitech Knight, wouldn't he have some sort of gish class instead of straight Sorcerer?

Also, you don't need to say that Light of Judgement can cut continents in half; just make its damage such that it can "break" that much land. Perhaps say that it does full damage against objects and ignores hardness.

He should also have a transformative ability to go into "Purple Angel Mode" and back, so that he isn't in PAM all the time.

lord_khaine
2008-10-27, 03:54 AM
i think you are setting his mental abilities a bit to high, as i recall he allowed a small group of heroes to land their airship on his tower, and trash both it and him.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-27, 03:54 AM
Being that Kefka was the first Magitech Knight, wouldn't he have some sort of gish class instead of straight Sorcerer?

Also, you don't need to say that Light of Judgement can cut continents in half; just make its damage such that it can "break" that much land. Perhaps say that it does full damage against objects and ignores hardness.

He should also have a transformative ability to go into "Purple Angel Mode" and back, so that he isn't in PAM all the time.

Nah, Kefka was Magitek-infused, but he seems to stick strictly to Black Mage-style stand-back-and-cast stuff, as opposed to Celes and her gishiness.

I'd comment on the build, but frankly, Epic D&D makes me cry tears of pain and sorrow.

lord khaine: I'm of the opinion he did that for the proverbial lolz. He's not stupid, just bored and completely insane.

Fishy
2008-10-27, 04:04 AM
Right up until the Magicite Massacre, Kefka was basically limited to ordering people around and running away. And for that matter, wasn't the Light of Judgement one of the weapons on board the Floating Continent, instead of something Kefka can do personally?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-27, 04:08 AM
You have a point...God-Kefka himself had some pretty nasty spells, though. Northern Cross or whatever it was is a great mass Save-or-Suck, he had at least one Save-or-die (actually, I think it was an auto-kill in FFVI, though it might have been able to miss), as well as some bitchin' attack spells I can't recall the names of.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-10-27, 09:00 AM
You have a point...God-Kefka himself had some pretty nasty spells, though. Northern Cross or whatever it was is a great mass Save-or-Suck, he had at least one Save-or-die (actually, I think it was an auto-kill in FFVI, though it might have been able to miss), as well as some bitchin' attack spells I can't recall the names of.

The combo was: Fallen One (everyone's HP drops to 1) combined with N.Cross (party damage) to pretty much one-round any party that didn't have Life 3 up on everyone.

Personally, I'd stat him as a Sorcerer/Illithid Savant, since that's pretty much what he did (killed Espers and stole their knowledge) with almost every spell in the game. Powerful, sure, but not game breaking.

The problem is, when he 'broke' the world, he gained divine ranks, and the island itself allowed him to perform some pretty heinous acts, like the laser of doom.

lord_khaine
2008-10-27, 09:32 AM
but in the end, when you finaly track him down in his tower, then it turns out he has absorbet the power of the statues, making him able to use his laser of doom on his own.

still, it also looks like the laser is a bit hard to aim, since he doesnt use it against the party.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-10-27, 01:07 PM
but in the end, when you finaly track him down in his tower, then it turns out he has absorbet the power of the statues, making him able to use his laser of doom on his own.

still, it also looks like the laser is a bit hard to aim, since he doesnt use it against the party.

Either that or the party is a 'moving target' constantly moving around, never in the same place long enough to get a lock on and fire.

Towns are easy to hit. They don't move, and are pretty big. Airships, on the other hand, are much smaller and much faster.

Also, please note he doesn't use it on the party during the fight, either. This means it is effectively a non-existant ability, other than a plot tool for further pissing the players off by killing random towns they liked.

Zeful
2008-10-27, 01:28 PM
Either that or the party is a 'moving target' constantly moving around, never in the same place long enough to get a lock on and fire.

Towns are easy to hit. They don't move, and are pretty big. Airships, on the other hand, are much smaller and much faster.

Also, please note he doesn't use it on the party during the fight, either. This means it is effectively a non-existant ability, other than a plot tool for further pissing the players off by killing random towns they liked.

Or it could have an unfeasibly long casting time. One hour or so.

Lochar
2008-10-27, 01:47 PM
Or it could have an unfeasibly long casting time. One hour or so.

No, because he used it while you were standing in the tower complaining about his lack of empathy.

lord_khaine
2008-10-27, 01:56 PM
another possibility could be that it has a minimum range, so the party was simply standing to close.

Tokiko Mima
2008-10-27, 02:05 PM
Well, Kefka did dramatically increase his power when he learned how to tap into the full power of Espers. I remembered he more or less massacred an entire battalion of Espers who had come to rescue the Espers trapped in the World of Balance. Admittedly, he had Magitek soldier backup to make sure none of them escaped.

Enlong
2008-10-27, 02:30 PM
Yeah. I think Light of Judgement has a minimum range. Or using it at close range is just suicidal; look at the size of the explosions!
And I think Kefka let the party infiltrate the tower because he was bored back into his mind; the party represented some entertainment, so he let them reach the tower.

KillianHawkeye
2008-10-27, 05:19 PM
Nah, it doesn't really have a minimum range, it's just that if he aimed it straight down at the PCs when they're standing right there in front of him it would have gone through the whole tower and probably destroyed it all. And despite being quite crazy, I'm sure he liked his tower enough not to destroy it, and besides he created that 3-tier monster of doom specifically to fight the party. I'm sure he wanted to kill them all with a more "personal" touch.

I also disagree that he lacked a divine rank. He supplanted the three goddesses, completely absorbing their powers and abilities, effectively becoming the new god of magic. (That's why magic didn't disappear until after they killed him.) Being that he's pretty much the only god in the world, and had absorbed all three goddesses, he'd probably be a greater deity, although he wouldn't have had a deity's regenerative abilities since that doesn't exist in the Final Fantasy mythos.

As for the build, it looks okay. Sorcerer does seem to work for him. However, I don't think sorcerer's can get 4 attacks with their BAB. Also, he never really had anything resembling Spell Resistance. (There's not really a Final Fantasy equivalent there.)