PDA

View Full Version : Any Healing Prestiges

Siddsartre
2008-10-27, 05:12 PM
I'm Planning for an evil campaign in which I play an evil thrallherd. DM ruled that it was all right if I chose a favored soul as my first thrall (so long as I use one of the few gods who wouldn't mind, or who'd be entertained by their favored being my thrall).

My question is, are there any really nice healing-oriented prestiges I could go into with favored, or should I just stay favored soul. I'm sure the latter is the best option, but I figured it's a question worth action.

Obviously I don't plan to do much with this thrall but heal/buff.

Fax Celestis
2008-10-27, 05:18 PM
Combat Medic from Heroes of Battle sounds right up your alley.

RelentlessImp
2008-10-27, 05:23 PM
For FS there aren't really that many options as there are for a straight Cleric. If it were a Cleric, you could do Warpriest (Complete Divine) to bring some interesting buffs to the table.

There's Stormlord (Also Complete Divine), which has a few interesting perks, but nothing really spectacular. Then there's the Sacred Fist (Complete Divine again), which is a Monk/Divine Caster PrC which works out pretty interestingly, considering it has a full BAB and only loses 2 caster levels.

Only ones I can really think of that have anything to offer a Favored Soul.

Glimbur
2008-10-27, 05:23 PM
Radiant Servant of Pelor is a pretty effective healing class, but alignment restrictions make that a no-go for you.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-28, 02:38 AM
Which book is the Thrallherd in? I've never heard of those before.

Ganurath
2008-10-28, 02:40 AM
Which book is the Thrallherd in? I've never heard of those before.Expanded Psionics Handbook, also in the SRD.

jcsw
2008-10-28, 02:55 AM
Why exactly do you need a healer? You don't really need to heal your party, since your evil... And you yourself don't really need healing.

As a Psion you have access to Share Pain and Vigor, both excellent for soaking damage. Share Pain with Your Psicrystal and Share Vigor, for cheap temporary hit points, plus your psicrystal has hardness (which applies to share pain, by RAW).

What you want is a thrall who can keep the enemies from concentrating on you. A favored soul IS a viable option for this, but so is a psychic warrior or any melee class.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-28, 02:58 AM
Why exactly do you need a healer? You don't really need to heal your party, since your evil... And you yourself don't really need healing.What's the explanation for this? Yes, he may be survivable himself, but those defenses take resources that he may not always have to spare, and the party will be just as likely to need healing as any other, though Cures will almost certainly be a bad idea compared to Vigors.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-10-28, 03:29 AM
Why exactly do you need a healer? You don't really need to heal your party, since your evil... And you yourself don't really need healing.

Yes, because evil characters are too stupid to realize that if they heal their companions, their own chances of success and survival increase.

jcsw
2008-10-28, 04:17 AM
Oh. My bad. I thought it was the other kind of evil campaign which (intentionally) degenerates into PvPs...

Eldariel
2008-10-28, 05:50 AM
Yes, because evil characters are too stupid to realize that if they heal their companions, their own chances of success and survival increase.

Evil is not stupid, any more than good is. That's reserved for Vile and Exalted characters - normal evil and good characters are just as cunning or dumb as their Int/Wis dictates.

Siddsartre
2008-10-28, 09:53 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Battle Medic sounds just about perfect. I'll have to clear it with my DM, and see what he thinks, but that just may be the way I go.

As per the people offering Cleric prestiges, I've never made a divine caster before, and this is the first time I'm dabbling in psioinics. It's my third character, preceded by a straight-forward fighter, and a somewhat simple yet amazing duskblade/green star adept. I'm still a bit new, and for this campaign I've got:
-My Psion to worry about, and the intense amount of bookkeeping that alone going to entail.
-My Psicrystal
-The Party's Frenzied Bezerker (up to me to stop her with a will save if she goes nuts)
-My Thrall (improved cohort)
-My (eventual) second thrall (possibly planning on a Bard, for party buffs, but that won't be for a while)
-16 to 163 Followers, depending on my level.
-Anybody I should (and shall) choose to dominate.

I've got enough on my plate without jumping into a full cleric, without desecrating it by not giving it enough attention. I figured for my own personal healbot, favored soul was my best option by far.

jcsw
2008-10-28, 12:34 PM
Thanks a lot guys. Battle Medic sounds just about perfect. I'll have to clear it with my DM, and see what he thinks, but that just may be the way I go.

As per the people offering Cleric prestiges, I've never made a divine caster before, and this is the first time I'm dabbling in psioinics. It's my third character, preceded by a straight-forward fighter, and a somewhat simple yet amazing duskblade/green star adept. I'm still a bit new, and for this campaign I've got:
-My Psion to worry about, and the intense amount of bookkeeping that alone going to entail.
-My Psicrystal
-The Party's Frenzied Bezerker (up to me to stop her with a will save if she goes nuts)
-My Thrall (improved cohort)
-My (eventual) second thrall (possibly planning on a Bard, for party buffs, but that won't be for a while)
-16 to 163 Followers, depending on my level.
-Anybody I should (and shall) choose to dominate.

I've got enough on my plate without jumping into a full cleric, without desecrating it by not giving it enough attention. I figured for my own personal healbot, favored soul was my best option by far.

Hmm, Thrallherd has a lot of paperwork (i've played two before :\)

Basic Psion: Has less paperwork than base wizard, imo.

Psicrystal: Doesn't require a lot of bookkeeping unless you're trying to break something. Just calculate its HP, its hardness, and copy down all its abilities on the table. It also gets bonus feats but I wouldn't bother unless you want to optimize out.

Frenzied Berserker: Brain Lock is probably the most useful for this. Although if you are using a favored soul calm emotions works too.

Followers: Don't stat them out too much. Work out something with your DM where you just name their professions and classes and skill bonuses. They're not useful for combat, so if you can come to an agreement with your DM you can save a lot of bookkeeping.

People you dominate: Nothing for you to worry about for now. Expect your DM to make sure anything significant is immune to it or has extremely high will saves though.

Person_Man
2008-10-28, 12:49 PM
Hellreaver is an excellent healing PrC, in that it can heal 10/20/30 (depending on your level) hit points every round as a Swift action to yourself or any Good aligned ally within 20 feet. Of course, it requires Good alignment, so sadly it doesn't work for you. So Fax's suggestion of Combat Medic or something similar is probably your best bet.

I'd also mention that there's a bunch of Shield Ally abilities out there, where your thrall could take damage for you. I'm too lazy to write them up right now, but that seems like it'd be an excellent choice for a Thrallheard.

Temp.
2008-10-28, 01:02 PM
Sacred Exorcist to pick up Turning? Then DMM Persist Mass Lesser Vigor for 24-hour Fast Healing for the whole party.