PDA

View Full Version : The Darker Knights

0SpinBoson
2008-10-28, 12:56 AM
And so, you've valiantly cleared another room of goblins. Somehow they had heard you coming and had time to prepare, which meant they had all kinds of beneficial spells going. It was a hard fight, and you're exhausted. There's goblin blood everywhere on the floors, the walls, the now-worthless tapestries, and on the strange glowing altar that you now have time to notice in the corner. You're pretty much tapped for the day, and have decided to rest. You take a few breaths, and make sure the next door is closed. Then it hits you... what did that cleric mean, "Galbrok will destroy you all!"?

Well, you're there. You're on an actual adventure! Now, how did you guys meet again? You've got some time to reminisce now that you're resting.

Tyrael
2008-10-28, 01:43 AM
A scrawny little Kobold shoves a pair of oversized spectacles up on his snout to keep them from slipping down again, and hurries over to the altar, the mop tightly clutched in one claw leaving a wet trail over the bodies."Clean clean clean, so much blood, we'll never walk around with this mess..." the Kobold's high-pitched voice mutters to himself. He makes a dunking motion in midair, and the end of the mop is suddenly wet. The little janitor begins mopping the blood off of the altar, half an ear cocked to listen in on the rest of the party. He glances over his shoulder towards Gronk. "Remind me to never come along pub-crashing with you after the third keg of the night, Gronk," he adds. "Do you even remember how you got down here?"

Duke of URL
2008-10-28, 06:55 AM
Gronk, Half-Orc Sorcerer

Gronk looks around the mess as Teevo starts cleaning up. "Huh?" he says to the question directed at him. "No, actually, not really. Am I injured or is the pounding in my head just a bad hangover?"

As the room gets a bit cleaner, he starts looking for a place to set up to rest, while pulling a cigar out of his knapsack. "I had to use too many spells... I can't muster the energy to set up that alehouse to... um... rest in. But at least I can light up a stogie." He touches his fingertip to the end of the cigar and grunts contentedly as it starts smoldering.

Obscurity
2008-10-28, 10:15 AM
Fumbles, Gnome Barbarian

Fumbles, meanwhile, stands at the center of the bodies, his arms shaking from the dramatic pose he has adopted - an overlarge chain shirt drapes off of his scrawny form, and the axe wobbles in the air even though he's using both hands and has it braced against him. He grunts, grits his teeth, and then drops the weapon with a loud clang and an obscene (not to mention very descriptive) gnomish curse, though it's broken up by panting.

"Hey, talljobs," he asks at length. "I gotta know. Was your whole 'topple the gods' spiel actually serious, or have I fallen in with another crowd of failures?" He bends down, grabbing the axe by the handle. "I even did research," he continues, muttering halfheartedly. "You hang out in taverns. Some guy in a hood comes in. You go up to him, and he's the King of Where-ever, or he's a god in disguise, but either way, he puts you on a quest, you do it, and then... gnome ladies, riches, and fame galore." He groans and then levers the axe upright, managing with some effort to swing the overlarge weapon onto his back. He smiles - and then falls over backwards with a cry of alarm.

"Ouch!" yells Fumbles. "So if any of you are more than what you seem," he cries indignantly, "Now'd be a good time to tell me. Or I'm going to be very choked up. Honestly. There could be tears. And you wouldn't like me when I'm crying. Things get mildly injured when I'm crying." He hesitates, and amends, feebly: "Grr."

King_of_GRiffins
2008-10-28, 12:15 PM
Daichi Earth-Breaker, Half-giant Ninja

With a slow, practiced move, the almost eight foot tall giant whips out a cloth from the pouch on his hip, and wipes it across his own over-sized weapon with grace. In two fluid and careful looking motions, the blood is wiped from both sides of his field sword. "I have no idea what you're talking about gnome," says the giant airily, continuing after a long pause, "Clearly, you must have been tricked into this if fame was promised, or even women. Fortune too, depending on your standards."

The giant conceals a slight grin as he pockets the bloody cloth. He was always more one for seeing through deception that creating them, but it's always surprising how far a cloak and great promises can go towards recruiting others. For instance; It is surprising I could recruit such a clumsy figure....

Fitting the 12 foot sword into the clasp strapped across his back, the giant takes his time with each step up to the alter, and moves his eyes and head slowly as he examines it.

[roll0]

The_Shaman
2008-10-28, 12:37 PM
Shizzles, Cat Telepath

A backpack rustles ever so slightly, and two amber-green eyes look out in the darkness, giving off an air of alert concentration. They are soon followed by the rest of a small head, featuring a delicate nose, well-formed mouth, and magnificent whiskers. Their owner, truly a magnificent creature even in such a haphazard state, quickly looks over the now-chaotic room, smells the air and tilts his head. Blood, I presume, you think you hear. Not yours, at least not mostly; that is good, hmmm. The bumps must have been a fight. "Yawn" What are we doing here and is there a particular reason you hmmmr, killed those goblins?

Tyrael
2008-10-28, 12:46 PM
"Knowing you, probably the latter," the Kobold janitor remarks toward Gronk with a sniff. "The man who invents Cure Critical Hangovers would be rich for the rest of his life, mark my words..." As the half-giant's pounding footsteps approach the altar he's scrubbing, Teevo squeaks in fear and scuttles out of the way. He then creeps up and pokes his little draconic snout over the edge of the altar, scrutinizing it carefully and trying to remember anything particularly useful about altars in the middle of dungeons...he had a vague memory of Evil Overlord Timmy ordering him to clean the spike trap around the altar on Sublevel 3, but you never knew. Maybe Evil Overlord Galbrok did things differently in this dungeon.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

DJDeMiko
2008-10-28, 03:25 PM
The Scribe

The orangutan looks at the bodies in sadness.

"Ook," he says and shakes his head. "Ook, eek."

He puts on a grim face and watches the others, listening to their conversation.

"Ook," he explains and points at a small pocket watch that he pulls from a small bag of holding at his side. He puts the watch away and grabs a banana from the bag and begins to munch on it while he waits for the others.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-10-28, 03:59 PM
Daichi

The giant lifts his head up from the alter in what must be nothing less than god-like effort, and blinks in slow motion at the strange orange furred monkey. "I expect to hear an interesting story for you ended up here.", he says with an air of humor before returning his attention to the alter.

He scans across the alter once more, barely noticing the kobold at the edge of his vision, and barely able to keep up with his skittish movements either. "It might be beneficial if I were to break this alter in half, if for nothing more than a symbolic gesture to anyone else stumbling across this mess. Nothing says 'Your dark gods have failed' as much as a trashed sacrificial post."

Obscurity
2008-10-28, 06:13 PM
Fumbles, Gnome Of Destiny

"Depends on the god, though," Fumbles chimes in. "Because sometimes, you smash the thing in half, and it's like a big 'squeef* you'!" The gnome dances about, his armor jingling and clanging as he executes an unskilled jig. "And some gods, you try the 'squeef you', and you get squeefed yourself. Hard. In very uncomfortable places. Like, I heard about a plague of dung beetles once, sent by Olidammara after He had a hangover, right? So the dung beetles are so ravenous that they don't wait around for the dung. They go where the dung comes from. Think about that. Eugh." The gnome follows with an obligatory shudder.

Then, brightening, Fumbles unslings his axe, wavers, and then dances clumsily up to the altar. "But if we're going to smash things, lemme help you. This thing can't get much blunter and I have more badly-restrained aggression and general psychological disturbances than have already been hinted at. I am in fact made of aggression and psychological disturbances. I am a small ball of fury." The gnome hesitates: "Grr."

*: Squeef; "Sk-weaf"; Gnomish swear word with implications relating to various body functions - untranslatable as it would have to be censored anyway.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-10-28, 06:37 PM
Daichi

Daichi ponders the gnomes words, more or less understanding the implications of what he says. Without a single emotion, he states. "Sure. If we decide to break the alter, you're free to give it the first try."

Better someone else get cursed by Dark Gods than me....

dariathalon
2008-10-28, 06:56 PM
Scrappelligus Fandango Glutterfeld Wimplewicket Orclip *deep breath* Vwinto Gollgosh

"HOLY NUGGETS!" CLANG!!!

Looking to the source of the noise, there is a small gnome in half-plate who has just slipped in a pool of blood...again. Apparently he isn't too disturbed by this because as the reverberations of the metallic clang die away there is a small giggling noise coming from the armor. It begins to rock back and forth, like a turtle on its back, and eventually manages to right itself.

The small gnome in big halfplate armor looks like a miniature machine of war. His armor is coated in a thick layer of blood. He wears a greatsword and a handful of javelins strapped across his back over his backpack. When he removes his helmet, it reveals a short mess of light brown hair on top of a thin face. He also has a beard, similar in color to his hair, but significantly more well kept.

He walks over to where the other gnome and the giant were discussing the alter. He claps the giant on the back, or at least as close to his back as he can reach, which happens to be the back of the giant's leg. "Oh yes, that sounds like an excellent idea. We'll show the little creeps who is boss around here," he says apparently completely missing the irony that better than half of the "little creeps" were taller than he was.

He has a disgusted look on his face when Fumbles mentions squeefing. It is hard to tell which disturbs him more, the use of the word, or what it represents. "Don't worry too much. As if an evil deity would have anything on us. I'm sure we'll get all the fame, fortune and pretty lasses you want when we get through with this. That's not why we do it, of course, but it does come with the territory of being renowned adventurers." He smiles widely, showing more teeth than any gnome has a right too.

Duke of URL
2008-10-28, 07:34 PM
Gronk

"So, what in the nine hells is a Galbrok? Let me see if that rings a bell..." He mutters and waves his hands, trying to see if he can force his foggy brain into recall.

Casting cram session, giving a +20 competence bonus to a single Knowledge check; or +10 bonus and allowing an untrained check for an untrained Knowledge skill. I'll let you choose the right category, Gronk has +2 for Arcana, +1 each for Architecture, Dungeoneering, nature, Religion, and The Planes, and +0 (untrained) for everything else...

[roll0] + appropriate bonus

DJDeMiko
2008-10-28, 11:46 PM
The Scribe

"OOk," The Scribe says considering Gronk's question and thinks for a moment if he's heard of this Galbrok before the adventuring party had taken the quest.

Knowledge local perhaps? +8
[roll0]

0SpinBoson
2008-10-29, 02:30 AM
A DC 10 on a Knowledge: Local check will tell you that a 'Galbrok' is a local Goblin word referring to Leader, Boss, or King (the local Goblin dialect is a bit sparse).

A DC 15 will tell you that the local Goblin king is named Kohan, and that he's been seen summoning creatures, specifically "modified" animals.

Obscurity
2008-10-29, 02:41 AM
Fumbles

"Grr," Fumbles says halfheartedly, managing after a sad-looking struggle to remove his axe from his back - this takes a full minute, the getting up included, and with a snort he makes his way back to his heavily-armored and quite tired-looking donkey. He swings onto it; the weight of his axe drags him back off again, and he hits the floor with a grunt.

"Squeef," he swears miserably, and then is back up on the donkey again, swinging his axe in a clumsy circle. He's tired, but all he has to do is imagine the faces of the bloated talljobs before him - red, puffy, drunk on whiskey, oh yes, whiskey, and those boys that chewed gum, and how about the little girls that pulled your hair, oh, yes, and popcorn down your trousers HERE WE GO--

"RAAAAGH!"

The gnome, mounted on donkeyback, drops into a rage and charges the altar with a fierce warcry, followed immediately by a nonstop stream of swear words far, far worse than 'squeef'. He and the donkey are at points lifted from the ground by the counterweight afforded by the axehead, but at length they reach the altar, using his uncanny talent for general breakage to aid him in the endeavor of smashing the thing to bits.

[roll0]Also, entered a rage, which will last for 7 rounds. Statistics have been altered appropriately.

Tyrael
2008-10-29, 03:44 AM
Teevo screws up his face in thought, but before he can remember, Fumbles charges forward. The little janitor squeaks and dives for cover from the rampaging Gnome.

The_Shaman
2008-10-29, 08:28 AM
Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles looks as if ready to jump out of the backpack, but hearing the signs (and effects) of Fumbles' rage seems to dissuade him. He does look around a bit more, though, as if trying to make something out of the chaos. That's an altar, hmm, so this might've been a chapel. Does anything here look vaguely... religious to you? he calls to no one in particular.

[roll0] Spot check, to check for anything important; if it's within forty feet my psycristal is entitled to a [roll1] roll to spot it

(ah, I have missed the quiet, gentle snarling of the virtual dice in my direction)

0SpinBoson
2008-10-29, 01:01 PM
Imaging the head of a carnival patron lying on the top of the stone altar, Fumbles mightily-ish slams his axe into it, and manages to cleave it to about the middle. His axe, however, is now stuck.

Shizzles and his psicrystal notice, under some goblin blood on the wall, some religious symbols of unknown origin. Furthermore, in the corner there is a weapon rack with some ceremonial-looking daggers.

If you have any knowledge (religion), you can easily make the connection between the daggers and the altar. This was a sacrifice chamber!

DJDeMiko
2008-10-29, 02:32 PM
The Scribe

The orangutan covers his ears and winces as Fumbles slams his axe into the altar.

"OOk!" he says with annoyance and then waves towards the next door and then brings a finger to his lips to indicate quiet.

Duke of URL
2008-10-29, 02:47 PM
Gronk

The half-orc's eyes roll in his head a bit. "Oh, please," he says to the monkey ape. "Like anyone within earshot didn't already hear the battle we just fought here."

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/kevkrom/DOURL-SP.png Gronk by dallas-dakota

King_of_GRiffins
2008-10-29, 04:36 PM
Daichi

Daichi raises his finger to his mouth as well in gesture for silence, and then slruks towards the door, putting his ear to it to listen for noises on the other side.

[roll0]

Moving to investigate where the door the Scribe pointed

[roll1]

dariathalon
2008-10-29, 09:23 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy's face contorts into an expression of sure disgust at the stream of obscenities spewing from Fumble's mouth. "For the love of Garl, is all that really necessary? Now we've talked about this before, real heroes don't need to use language like that." He takes on the posture of a disapproving mother.

Tyrael
2008-10-29, 11:13 PM
Teevo reflexively scuttles into the corner as the axe slams into the stone. He then huddles quietly, trying to look small and harmless, his imagination already conjuring up hordes of goblins pouring into the room from hearing all the racket.:smalleek:

Hide: [roll0]

0SpinBoson
2008-10-30, 12:09 AM
At the door you hear absolute silence.

Tovag, not hearing anything and not seeing a reaction out of the half-orc, says

I don't know how much longer I can go on healing us today.. I've nearly exhausted my good spells, and I can just close your minor wounds. Perhaps we should rest for the night?

DJDeMiko
2008-10-30, 12:14 AM
The Scribe

The Scribe Perks his ears and nods in agreement. "Ookk," he says and looks over at Pip.

Pip speaks up "I . . . I think that's a good idea Master, if . . . if you are out spells then maybe we should sleep."

The Scribe nods and waves at the door and says "Ook ook, eek."

"Your right," Pip says, "there's clearly no one coming so this would be the perfect place to sleep."

Duke of URL
2008-10-30, 11:38 AM
Gronk

After watching the display at the altar, Gronk just smiles and shakes his head. "Well, anyway... 'Galbrok' is some kind of word meaning "leader" or something -- the local 'Galbrok' is a guy named Kohan. Let's just hope he is as easy as 'Timmy' was."

Finishing up his cigar, he grinds the stub into the floor. "Now, if you can ever get your ax free from the altar, do stand watch while us casters get a little shut-eye, ok?" Not waiting for an answer, he takes out his bedroll and finds a spot conveniently recently cleaned by Teevo.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-10-30, 12:32 PM
You're right mate, sleep does sound good. I'm sure those goblins would have been easier to manage if Talso would have given us his blessing, but oh well, fresh water never hurt anyone. Unless anyone wants me to heal any of their wounds before bed time? I don't have much more from Salto to offer, but a few healing spells should be possible if I concentrate hard enough. Tovag, disturbed by the sacrificial alter, seeks refuge with his blanket on the opposite side of the room from the altar and the daggers. He can be heard to be mumbling some prayers of thanks to Talos that it was someone else that was sacrificed here and not him.

Tyrael
2008-10-30, 02:21 PM
Teevo, discovering that the corner he's hiding in is rather comfortable, takes a moment to clean off the area, then pulls out his notebook and jots a few notes in his journal/textbook by the light of his Darkvision. He then wedges his tiny body inside a crevice and begins dozing, his cold blood cooled by the surrounding dungeon.

0SpinBoson
2008-10-30, 07:38 PM
A few hours into the night, a loud explosion can be heard through from the adjacent room; it's even felt reverberating through the floor.

If you are awake 5 hours after you went to sleep you hear it. If you are asleep, it's a listen check DC 11 (no penalties).

Tyrael
2008-10-30, 08:17 PM
Teevo mumbles something Draconic in his sleep, then bolts upright, staring wildly around the room. Kobolds didn't stay alive for so long by remaining off-guard.

Listen:[roll0]

Duke of URL
2008-10-30, 08:42 PM
Gronk

Gronk lets out a loud snort as he is started awake. "Wha?"

[roll0] vs. DC 11

DJDeMiko
2008-10-30, 09:59 PM
The Scribe

The scribe snorts awake and shakes Pip. "Ook?" he says.

Pip yawns and says "No sir I didn't hear any loud explosion, you must have been having the banana evocation dream again.

The scribe
[roll0]

Pip
[roll1]
I gave Pip the -10 because he's sleeping with his " prentice" hat is pulled over his head

0SpinBoson
2008-10-30, 11:30 PM
Putting this in a new post since the last one is on the previous page. If your listen check, once awake, exceeds 15, you can hear some crackling of flames from the next room.

dariathalon
2008-10-30, 11:50 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy, who had sat awake to act as guard over the sleeping spellcasters, sits far in one corner. He idly plays with a copper coin that he keeps trying to flip into the air and catch, but it keeps landing on the stone floor in front of him.

Upon hearing the explosion, he gets to his feet, tucking the coin back into his pouch. He draws his greatsword and moves toward the door to listen at it.

[roll0]

DJDeMiko
2008-10-31, 01:15 AM
The Scribe

The scribe stands on his legs and one arm and uses the other to brush himself off a bit and looks towards the door. Pip falls back asleep.

new listen checks
scribe
[roll0]

pip
[roll1]
Pip fell back asleep

Obscurity
2008-10-31, 01:51 AM
Fumbles has long since settled to sleep, abandoning his axe in the altar until such time as he feels inclined to try getting it back out - besides, he's exhausted, and so is the donkey, which sleeps peacefully, with the occasional clank emerging from its ever-present barding.

At the encroachment of the sound, the gnome twitches, a bit of instinctual paranoia giving him a mental nudge.

[roll0]

Tyrael
2008-10-31, 04:17 AM
Teevo's orange eyes dart around behind his oversized glasses, his frayed nerves skittering as he tries to figure out what jolted him awake.

Listen:[roll0]

King_of_GRiffins
2008-10-31, 07:43 AM
Daichi

Having taken his watch already, Daichi, sitting behind the alter and against the wall, opens his eyes and stands up, drawing three shuriken in each hand and then gently setting them back into their hiding places upon seeing no immediate threat.

The giant takes a moment to string his bow and slips an arrows to it before approaching the door to the adjacent room. He quietly opens it a crack, and takes a look at what's happened on the other side, and what on earth could have woken him up in the middle of the night.

[roll0] v. DC 11

[roll1]
[roll2]

[/spoiler]

The_Shaman
2008-10-31, 08:26 AM
Shizzles

Shizzles was stretched noncommitedly on the floor and drifting in and out of sleep, and he seemed particularly dozy when the boom came. Whatever was going through his mind seemed much more important than what was coming from elsewhere. The loud noise barely startled him, and he yawned, ignoring it.

[roll0] - Listen

(Ok, 2 questions. First, can a psycristal make the check and then "wake" its master, and would those of us who failed the initial check be woken up by our party members' noise in reaction to it?)

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-01, 03:35 PM
Tovag rolls over and continues snoring.

Tyrael
2008-11-01, 04:55 PM
Teevo's orange eyes flick over the group, noting Daichi at the door, and the rest of the group asleep. Erring on the side of caution, he looks to the rest of the sleeping group and hisses as loudly as he dares, "Hey! Listen! Wake up!"

dariathalon
2008-11-02, 07:28 AM
Scrappy

Seeing Daichi very slowly approaching him and the door, Scrappy takes a moment more to listen carefully then steps back a pace or two as Daichi finally reaches his position. Scrappy stands where he'll be able to also look through the door as it opens, with sword in hand. He nods to the giant, silently letting him know that he was ready for whatever happened.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-02, 05:48 PM
As Daichi cracks open the door, a blast of hot air surges through. Beyond the door, the things in the room that are flammable are on fire. This includes a few corpses on the ground, and a body that looks like it will soon join its compatriots. It is mewling pitifully.

Tyrael
2008-11-03, 04:20 AM
Teevo hisses and draws back from the door as the wave of heat washes into the room. He pokes his head forward curiously, trying to squint through the flames at whatever the mewling thing might be and idly wondering if it tasted good.

The_Shaman
2008-11-03, 08:00 AM
Shizzles

Teevo's hiss seems to finally wake Shizzles ((I presume it does, at least - PM me if wrong)); the cat opens its eyes and blinks several times before yawning very, very widely. It goes out of the pocket of the backpack it had spent the last few hours in, and after a few licks looks around curiously in the direction of the door. Its eyes shine with the light of the fire as the other party members hear It would have been warmer if it was like that before. What was making that sound?

Duke of URL
2008-11-03, 12:31 PM
Gronk

"Ugh... I really need sleep before dealing with stuff like this. Or ale." He gets up and staggers to a place where he can see the other room, but still have a fair bit of distance away from it. "So... what do you think started the fire?"

DJDeMiko
2008-11-03, 02:14 PM
The Scribe

The scribes eyebrows rise at the heat and he pinches pip with his foot.

Pip snorts awake and slides the pointed hat on his head, which says " Prentice" back into place.

Tyrael
2008-11-03, 02:46 PM
Teevo

The little janitor shrugs at Gronk. "Haven't the foggiest. It sounds like something's still alive in there! I can't quite..." He peers into the room. "...make out what it is..."

0SpinBoson
2008-11-03, 02:48 PM
Those near the door notice that on the floor is a burning goblinoid. He looks at you unfocussedly and continues making pitiful sounds. He doesn't look like he's going to last much longer.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-03, 02:52 PM
The Scribe

A softy at heart, the scribe hears the mewling sound and goes forward to comfort the goblinoid. He steps past the others and opens the door and . . .

Duke of URL
2008-11-03, 02:57 PM
Gronk

The half-orc looks dispassionately at the goblinoid. "Well, that saves us one, at least... still," he adds, continuing to look at the flames, "this might not be the safest place to stay. On the other hand, I really need a few more hours of shut-eye..."

0SpinBoson
2008-11-03, 03:32 PM
The Scribe

A softy at heart, the scribe hears the mewling sound and goes forward to comfort the goblinoid. He steps past the others and opens the door and . . .

The room beyond looks like a brief inferno raged, igniting flammables, which included the unfortunate goblinoids. There are a bench and tables with some (now melting) mugs on top, a weapons rack, and two other doors, one ajar, one closed. the goblinoids are wearing (now scorched) armor. The barely-living one looks up at the Scribe, manages to raise an arm, and points at the slightly open door. All his hair has been burnt off, and he looks seriously injured.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-03, 05:07 PM
The Scribe

The scribe looks at the goblinoid with pity and question in his eyes and says "Ook?"

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-03, 05:40 PM
Tovag bolts upright, finally realizing that whatever dream he was frolicking through isn't as important as what's going on in the room. He quickly stands up and hearing the mewling of an injured creature, rolls his sleaves up and moves forward. He reaches his hand out, heedless of the flames and attempts to bring forth the power of his god.

Caster level check to avoid zapping the goblin upon healing
DC 11 [roll0]
Amount healed for from cure light [roll1]

The goblin receives the healing, but needs to make a DC 11 Fortitude save or be dazed due to the improper application of healing as he gets jolted by electricity.

Electricity arcs out from his fingers as Tovag summons forth the healing powers of Talos. Ignoring the goblin's yelp of pain, Tovag begins to drag the goblin away from the inferno back into the relative safety of the sacrificial room.

dariathalon
2008-11-03, 05:44 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy stands there next to the door with mouth agape as he watches others rush in to help the goblin. "So, wait... We're helping the goblins now? I thought..." his voice trails off, overcome with confusion.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-03, 06:45 PM
Daich

Though the thought of leaving a seemingly helpless creature to die a fiery fate weighed down on his heart (in addition to the usual four gallons that pumped through it), he found his desire for self-preservation, honed by years of training, superseding any desire of rescuing the crying goblin. At least he did not need to spur his companions to feel some compassion. Just in case things are not as they appear, he knocks an arrow and prepares to shoot on any treachery.

Ready Action to shoot any hostile creature

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-03, 06:59 PM
We're not saving a goblin, we're saving information. We will have to decide later whether we're actually saving a goblin here once he tells us what in Latos's name happened in there. Someone close that door, it's getting bloody hot in here and someone come here and put out the fire on this thing's clothes while I look for any more wounds.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-03, 07:01 PM
Tovag leans over to check the goblin's vitals.

New post since the post limit borked my roll by treating it like an edit.

Heal Check [roll0]

Tyrael
2008-11-03, 09:44 PM
Teevo

The little janitor busies himself by sweeping up all the soot and ashes that the body tracked into the room. He glances at the wounded goblinoid, then at the piles of slaughtered goblins lying around the room. Finally, Teevo shakes his head in exasperation at the inexplicable actions of his allies and continues sweeping.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-04, 01:18 AM
The healing stream of lightning fizzles a bit as it hits the Goblin's skin, but he seems unharmed by it. In fact, he looks a bit better, and is slowly coming to and starting to take in his surroundings and who, exactly, saved him.

The flammable objects in the room are nearly extinguished, and the room is getting darker again.

Tovag, after examining the Goblin, notices no wounds aside from the ones due to being set on fire.

Those of you with any spellcraft, make a check please, assuming you observe the room (and are not obstructed by a huge ninja :smallsmile:).

Goblin attempts to save and not get hit by lightning and
[roll0]
makes it!

DJDeMiko
2008-11-04, 01:29 AM
The Scribe

The Scribe sniffs the air as Pip looks around with a vacant stare.

spellcraft[roll0]

dariathalon
2008-11-04, 03:21 AM
Scrappy

Scrappy seems satisfied, if not pleased, by Torvag's response and goes back to observing the room. He uses his everburning torch as the room's furnishings begin to smolder themselves out.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-04, 01:06 PM
Tovag, satisfied that the goblin is healthy and will survive, looks up to glance around the room.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Duke of URL
2008-11-04, 01:39 PM
Gronk

Shrugging slightly at the thought of rescuing one of the goblins that they ame to exterminate, Gronk peeks into the no-longer-flaming wreckage to see what he can.

No ranks in spellcraft, sorry.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-04, 02:46 PM
If you got a 15 or above in spellcraft, you can determine that there seems to be a spherical pattern to the burnt objects in the room, quite like a fireball spell.

Tyrael
2008-11-04, 02:49 PM
Teevo quietly pokes his snout around Gronk's legs, hiding behind him while peering into the room as well.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

The_Shaman
2008-11-04, 03:09 PM
Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles ambles towards the goblin and sniffs him. Crunchy. Do you think he'll be worth your time, Tov? He looks at the cleric, questioningly. After the answer, he goes towards the door and inspects the debris. Strange, I was expecting we'd be the only ones blasting the goblins and any other creatures. What might've caused that? those near him ... hear.

1d20+9 Psicraft

Duke of URL
2008-11-04, 03:14 PM
Gronk

"I don't know which would annoy me more -- an enemy magician on the loose or another band of adventurers horning in on our turf..."

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-04, 03:15 PM
Daichi

Curious as to what had caused the spontaneous explosion in the next room, he takes a few steps through the door and looks about, perhaps for any source, or just doors and hallways anything could have come from or gone through.

dariathalon
2008-11-04, 07:34 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy shrugs and follows Daichi into the next room, sword still at the ready. He tries to move quietly, but as usual, ends up making a racket similar to a wind-chime made from pots and pans in his clanking heavy armor.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-05, 12:07 AM
The Scribe

Sniffing the air he detects the faintest smell of bat gauno and says "ook!"

Pip shrinks back and holds the scribes smell book in front of him like a shield. "A fireball master? Oh no, the last time a fireball went off the A on my hat and my eyebrows were burned off"

0SpinBoson
2008-11-05, 01:22 AM
As you can see by the torchlight, the formerly burning room contains some burnts objects and two obvious exits other than the one you came in through. There are two doors; one is closed, one is slightly ajar. Beyond the slightly open one is darkness.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-05, 02:29 PM
The Scribe

The Scribe knuckles over to the door which is no longer a door and peeks into the darkness. If it is to dark to see he will cast a light cantrip with a faint "ook."

Tyrael
2008-11-05, 03:07 PM
Teevo

Teevo squints, trying to peer into the darkness beyond the ajar door with his Darkvision (60ft).

0SpinBoson
2008-11-06, 12:44 AM
Beyond the door is a long hallway with a stone floor. There is a light draft.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-06, 01:20 AM
The Scribe

The Scribe lifts his finger to his lips and makes a shushing noise. He then points towards the hallway and begins to creep down with pip following nervously 20 feet back.

Tyrael
2008-11-06, 04:34 AM
Teevo

The little janitor swallows nervously, gripping his mop, and casts a furtive glance around the scorched room before hurriedly skittering after the Scribe.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Duke of URL
2008-11-06, 07:34 AM
Gronk

The half-orc mutters as he takes up a position in the rear, "no spells, no sleep, and no ale. This can't turn out good..."

The_Shaman
2008-11-06, 08:34 AM
Mr. Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles appears bored by the goblin's quiet mewling (and the smell of slightly singed fur, flesh, or unidentifiable organic matter coming from it) and with a metaphorical raise of his shoulders, looks into the next room. Seeing the destruction there, he gives it a quizzical look and skulks inside it. Once there, he busies himself with inspecting the room's darker and stuffier corners.

Hide
[roll1] move silently
[roll2] spot
[roll3] search; psicrystal makes passive spot and listen rolls at +6

Unless he finds something important, he will then spend some time examining the area of the blast - from a (hopefully) safe distance. Hmmmmr, that does look like a fine piece of work,yees.

[roll]1d20+9 - oh, forget it, I'm just taking 10. Or 20, if allowed

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-06, 01:24 PM
Tovag picks his spear up and looks down at the goblin. Speaking the Common tongue as it is all he knows, he asks the goblin What happened in there? Prove yourself useful and you might have a chance, prove otherwise and you might not.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-06, 02:27 PM
The Scribe

The scribe turns back from the hallway to listen tot he questioning.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-06, 04:18 PM
"We've healed you and saved your life. And I apologize for zapping you, that just happens sometimes. Anything you can tell us about what happened to you in there, or who or what Galbrok is will go over really well with my friends regarding your continued survival"

Diplomacy check [roll0]

Edit: Not bad :smallamused:

dariathalon
2008-11-06, 07:07 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy pays little attention to what is going on behind him with the goblin. He moves forward into the formerly burning room, and looks around to make sure there are no immediate dangers. Assuming he sees none, he takes up a guard post next to the door, waiting for others to do what they're going to beyond.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-06, 07:12 PM
Daichi

Knowing how quickly he would fall behind the other 'Knights' if he was to proceed into the hallway, he takes up station with his bow in the center of the burnt room eyeing the doorways for signs of suspicion, or screams of terror....

Taking 10 on spot and listen, total of 20 to each. Will do this and stay on guard to shoot anything hostile that might pop out.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-06, 08:52 PM
The goblin doesn't seem to understand you, however he seems to catch the word Galbrok. He responds "Galbrok! Ha inte door die gran," and points to the slightly ajar door.

Goblin sense motive:
[roll0]

However, he doesn't seem to be able to figure out what else you're asking. He seems very grateful of your help.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-06, 09:34 PM
The Scribe

Pip walks over the the cleric and almost trips over his robes in the process.

"Hold on, I speak a little goblin," Pip says, "I will try to ask him." Pip turns to the goblin and says "Raba daba ding ding happa starza waz."

Pip's knowledge of goblin is enough to count to 10 and say "can you point me to the nearest restroom."

Tyrael
2008-11-06, 11:57 PM
Teevo

Teevo leans around the ajar door and peers down the hallway, trying to see if there's anything visible or of interest.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-08, 03:02 PM
The Scribe

Pip walks over the the cleric and almost trips over his robes in the process.

"Hold on, I speak a little goblin," Pip says, "I will try to ask him." Pip turns to the goblin and says "Raba daba ding ding happa starza waz."

The Goblins eyes go wide, and he replies "You ferg not jaha guys? Jahe killed me and my ge! We were wani for you!"

Down the hallway, you can see that it opens up into a larger area. There are a few lit torches in the distance.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-08, 03:20 PM
The Scribe

The scribe says "ook" and waves towards the hall that the janitor is looking down.

Pip looks confused at the goblins reply and says "i think he just asked if I wanted to marry him . . . he must be in shock."

The_Shaman
2008-11-09, 07:42 AM
Shizzles

The cat looks inscrutably at the charred "furniture" for several minutes, then looks on in Teevo's direction and ambles on towards the goblin. He comes near the creature and paws at his boots playfully. Hmmmr, any luck with this one, perhaps? It's getting a little hmmmm borring.

Duke of URL
2008-11-10, 09:15 AM
Gronk

"Come on, guys, are we sleeping or exploring? At this point, I'm just awake enough to be cranky..."

Tyrael
2008-11-10, 01:30 PM
Teevo creeps quietly down the hallway towards the distant torchlight, his eyes magnified like saucers behind his thick glasses as he glances about in vague paranoia.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-10, 03:36 PM
The Scribe

With a quick "ook" The Scribe hurries after the small kobold.

Pip gasps and follows his master mumbling, "if you really think we should just let him go . . . . . i guess your right, he can't possibly harm us now."

0SpinBoson
2008-11-10, 10:31 PM
In the distance, those of you who have low-light or better vision can see three kobolds in the distance, by the torches. Make spot and listen checks please.

Tyrael
2008-11-10, 11:57 PM
Teevo's subterranean eyes squint into the darkness, the torchlight ruining his night vision. Darnit, my glasses are getting fogged up again... He takes them off and wipes at the lenses with a sleeve.

Darkvision 60ft. the foggy glasses are the IC explanation for the piss-poor rolls. :(

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

DJDeMiko
2008-11-11, 12:49 AM
The Scribe

As they walk down the hall cautiously The Scribe slows for caution when pip bumps into him and says in a low but squeaky voice "sorry sir" which drowns out any other sounds that could be heard.

the scribe
spot - [roll0]
listen - [roll1]

Pip
spot - [roll2]
listen - [roll3]

Duke of URL
2008-11-11, 02:33 PM
Gronk

Gronk thinks he might see some figures down the hallway, but he's not sure... his eyes and ears are still cloudy from a distinct lack of quality sleep.

Time for my abysmal [roll0] and [roll1] checks. (Yea, flaws!)

Edit: Oh yes, that is indeed a pair of natural "1"s...

dariathalon
2008-11-11, 07:57 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy continues to stand guard next to the door. As he does so, he glances down the hallway.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The_Shaman
2008-11-12, 02:04 AM
Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles looks at the goblin for quite a while, until eventually he gets bored and looks up towards the, er, cleric. Are you done with him, hmm? I think we may have more luck ahead. Then he turns towards the room again, ambling towards the door. Anybody cares to, hmm, scout around? the others hear as the cat looks curiously down the corridor.

[roll0] - Spot (low-light vision)
[roll1] - Listen

[roll2] - Spot for Psicrystal (60 feet darkvision
[roll3] - listen Psicrystal

The_Shaman
2008-11-12, 02:10 AM
Shizzles

[roll0] diplomacy
[roll1] sense motive

Sorry, didn't see the OOC update. In that case, can I have a telepathic conversation with the goblin, say in OOC or PMs so we don't slow this thread down too much? Shizzles will ask about how many there are, who is the boss and what they are planning.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-12, 12:50 PM
Tovag points his spear at the goblin, then at the door the party entered originally. Grabbing the rest of his kit, he turns his back on the goblin and follows Mr. Shizzles into the other room. "Gods I'm going to be tired in the morning".

0SpinBoson
2008-11-12, 08:51 PM
Without darkvision, a spot of 10 means you can see that there are 3 goblins by the torches.

Without darkvision, a spot of 15 means you can see that one of them is wearing robes, the other two are wearing leather armor.

With low-light or better, a spot of 15 lets you see a few sleeping goblins off to the side.

A listen check of 15 or better lets you hear that the goblins are arguing.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-13, 01:12 AM
The Scribe

Failing to realize that theirs anything before them, The Scribe continues to move forward.

The_Shaman
2008-11-13, 07:55 PM
Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles was a little murky-eyed from his last rest, but he thought he saw something down the corridor. When the monk... mage started walking towards it, he hissed Get back, damnit, there is someone there!

DJDeMiko
2008-11-14, 12:39 AM
THe Scribe

THe Scribe jumps back, bumping inot Pip and says "OOK!"

Tyrael
2008-11-15, 02:34 AM
Teevo freezes to the spot and hunkers down, clutching his mop and peering fearfully down the hall ahead.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-15, 01:31 PM
Daichi

Hearing the scribes surpised ooking form the hallway, the giantling walks over to the hallway and makes a cursory glance, instantly spotting the goblins. [taking 10 + 10 on both listen and spot] He takes position next to the hallway door, puts his foot just to the edge of it, and holds his bow at the ready.

Stealth - At the moment, yes
Escape Plan - Close the door, back up to the alter room, close the alter rooms door.
Attack Plan - Get the cat, the ape and the kobold to form a line and back up as they can. Kobold provides close-protection for the two, I provide covering fire.
Alternate plan - ...

Daichi takes a look back into the room and looks for the goblin. He grabs his attention and motions for it to come closer. "Come here, I think we found you some friends..."

Alternate Plan - Use the burnt goblin to put ourselves in good standings with the hallway goblins. Generous healing must be worth something. Part peacefully and go back to sleep.

The_Shaman
2008-11-16, 01:28 AM
Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles looks down in the hallway again, then at his companions. So, hmm, any ideas or are we doing the shouting and butchering routine again?. Then he notices Daichi going back into the room. What has gotten into him?

((Has anyone in the group shown a propensity for stealth so far in our adventures together?))

DJDeMiko
2008-11-16, 02:00 PM
The Scribe

Pip Squeeks in fear.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-16, 03:39 PM
The goblins in the distance seem to have noticed one of you making a sound, and are now pointing in your direction and screaming.

The one in the room, thoroughly confused by the images in its head and the people talking to him in a funny language, slowly gets up.

dariathalon
2008-11-16, 03:49 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy regularly volunteers for missions involving stealth, but the group has probably long ago realized it's a bad idea to let him carry them out. He's clumsy, and wearing plate. Do the math. :smallbiggrin:

Scrappy takes a few steps back. "Uh-oh. This doesn't look good," he says still feeling the stiffness caused by many un-healed wounds. He readies his greatsword and steps around the corner a few steps trying to stay out of the goblin's sight, for now.

[roll0] See, told ya it's not wise to let him be stealthy, and that's with a +4 for being small.

Tyrael
2008-11-16, 09:51 PM
Since Kobolds are equally as cowardly and skittish as the Goblins, Teevo points at them and screams right back.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-16, 10:02 PM
The Scribe

When the goblins and the kobold start to scream, Pip starts to scream as well, kneels down and pulls his " prentice" hat down over his eyes.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-17, 12:40 AM
Daichi

Daichi waits a moment for the screams to die down a little bit before putting a big, comforting hand on the back of the goblin. Doing his best to be reassuring as he can to him, he calls out, "Shizzles. Could you somehow tell this goblin everything is fine and perhaps reiterate that we helped heal him?

Unsure how fast the situation might go south, he preemptively makes his own pantomime attempts. He gives the goblins a small piece of bandage, pats him on his head, and gently directs him to go to the other goblins at the end of the hall. If only I had some candy.... The most I can do is provide a good impression after everything that's happened, avoid aggression as long as possible, and hope he says something nice about us.

The_Shaman
2008-11-17, 08:17 AM
Shizzles

The cat looks at Daichi with a look on its face that could either be constipated or disapproving. Not now, I'm trying to get something out of him.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-17, 12:33 PM
The Goblin, thoroughly confused by the images in his head and whats happened to him over the past hour, moves toward Daichi.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-18, 04:10 PM
Upon seeing the goblin move toward Daichi, Tovag lowers his spear in an attempt to look non-threatening and moves to the back of the room away from the burnt up room. He seems to be keeping one eye on Daichi and the goblin and one eye on the door which is between him and screaming goblins.

The_Shaman
2008-11-19, 08:40 AM
Shizzles

Mr.Shizzles appears more or less content with what he has managed to get out of the goblin, and looks at Daichi. Careful with that one, he might be a bit, er, shaken. What do you want to do with him, hmmmmr?

0SpinBoson
2008-11-19, 01:56 PM
The goblins, confused by the appearance of their friend, begin to chatter at each other. The one with you looks very nervous, but doesn't say anything. The sleeping goblins in the corner are waking up.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-19, 02:18 PM
The Scribe

In a flash of insight, seeing a possible way to avoid more blood shed, The Scribe turns to the "captured" goblin, looks him in the eyes, points at the other goblins and says in a very polite voice, "Ook," and smiles.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-19, 02:42 PM
Daichi

The giant nods his head to the Scribe, "My sentiments exactly."

Tyrael
2008-11-19, 10:26 PM
Since the goblins have stopped screaming, Teevo stops screaming as well, and looks uncertainly back down the hall at the rest of the party, not sure of what to do next.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-20, 02:26 AM
The Scribe

At Teevo's look of confusion The Scribe rolls his eyes and repeats himself. "OOK!" he says more pointedly to clear matters up.

Duke of URL
2008-11-20, 07:22 AM
Gronk

Having not seen or heard the goblins, Gronk asks, "what's all the screaming about?"

The_Shaman
2008-11-20, 08:29 AM
Shizzles

Shizzles gives a very, very soft sigh. Sometimes, being around manually-inclined companions had its... drawbacks. He concentrates and tries to get the attention of the "captured" goblin, trying to convey the image of the goblin and several others leaving the way the party came, and the mental equivalent of a question mark.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-20, 11:30 AM
Your goblin-friend slowly walks into the room. Noticing that you're letting him walk freely, the other goblins chatter even more excitedly.

As the one you captured makes his way across the room, he stops midway and says something. Pip says "Sir, I believe one of those words was `walk`. The others might have somethiing to do with squirrels, I'm afraid."

dariathalon
2008-11-21, 01:21 AM
Scrappy

Scrappy doesn't move from his "hiding" place, he wants to take the goblins by surprise if a fight does break out. He hisses quietly through his teeth to Gronk. "For Garl's sake, there's more goblins down the tunnel."

Tyrael
2008-11-21, 03:05 AM
Teevo nods slowly at the Scribe, not elucidated in the slightest. He grips his mop and shuffles back down the hall towards the others, preferring to let somebody else take the initiative.

Duke of URL
2008-11-21, 07:15 AM
Gronk

"Oh, well, that would explain it. So, are we going to squish them or what?"

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-21, 01:04 PM
Daichi

"No squishing," he says as imperatively as possible, "We're hopefully going to return this one to them, have him say how nice we were, then part ways, stay in different rooms, and go back to sleep. Maybe we'll squish them in the morning, but we'll at least sleep now."

Duke of URL
2008-11-21, 01:24 PM
Gronk

The sorcerer grunt agreeably at the thought of going back to a well-deserved sleep.

DJDeMiko
2008-11-21, 02:07 PM
The Scribe

The scribe turns to the giant, nods and says "Ook." He then raises his eye brows in thought and says "ook."

Pip looks dismayed. "Master," Pip says, "are you sure we should continue on, I mean I know that whatever did this is still on the loose . . . but isn't that the best reason to go back to sleep?"

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-21, 02:21 PM
Daichi

The giant takes in the scribes words, realizing now he had missed something important. "You're quite on top of things tonight. We still don't know what happened, or where whatever did this is. Sure, we don't need to answer those questions, but maybe we should work our way out and set up camp outside instead, and lessen our chances of meeting that thing."

I suddenly find the thought of using the goblins as bait very attractive....

The_Shaman
2008-11-21, 03:09 PM
Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles yawns and stretches Well, I can't say it hasn't been a long day. Mind you, if we are going to rest here - and I take it as quite the if - it would be best if we do it after these goblins leave and we barricade ourselves, hmmmm. I have nothing against skipping the blood and gore, hmmm, but I can't say I trust them all that much. Oh, speaking of this, I tried to pry something out of our green-skinned friend, yesss.

After a few deep breaths and some licking, he continues. It appears the goblins are around 20, and the one that leads them is one of their kind, probably some priest or whatever, yesss. There are a few other creatures - one rather large, several small ones, and one that seemed... a bit similar to our scribe, yess. Or maybe he was describing us, but I doubt we'd be that lucky, yesss.

0SpinBoson
2008-11-22, 06:56 PM
After democratically voting to rest some more, you indicate to the goblins (with shizzles' help) that if they disturb your rest they'll me mightily chopped in half. And then have their heads twisted off. The goblins seem intimidated and/or happy to see their comrade, and they're happy to leave you alone.

You head back to the room you were sleeping in, and continue your well-deserved rest. The next morning....

DJDeMiko
2008-11-23, 11:17 AM
The Scribe

The Scribe stretches his long orangutan limbs out and studies his spell book.

Duke of URL
2008-11-24, 07:47 AM
Gronk

The half-orc packs up his bedroll (more like stuffs it into his pack as sloppily as will still fit) and stretches and scratches.

"Well, it looks like those goblins did decide to leave us alone for the night. How nice of them."

The_Shaman
2008-11-24, 09:46 AM
Shizzles

Shizzles appears rejuvenated after the night's (or was it day) rest, and lays stretched down to one side as he prepares for the day's (or was it night) adventures. Everyone close to him can almost hear the sound of a great brain gearing up as the cat meditates (in a way) in preparation for the day.

He yawns widely as he spares a moment to consider his companion's words. I'm hoping they made themselves scarce, hmmr. It would make things a lot easier.

Tyrael
2008-11-24, 01:12 PM
Teevo finds himself a corner to huddle in. After flicking open his notebook and jotting a few notes, he settles down to snooze.

dariathalon
2008-11-24, 06:02 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy stands and stretches. He runs around in a small circle, getting the blood moving through his veins again. He drops to the ground (this time intentionally) and does several push ups. Eventually, his little work out is finished, and he packs his belongings away. While waiting on the spellcasters to prepare themselves, he also prepares himself by putting his armor back on. "A little help over here please," he calls out to anyone who isn't busy.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-24, 06:23 PM
Daichi

Daichi rises from his corner of the room and prepares himself with a series of stretches some of you have seen before. Each muscle is meticulously pulled and compressed until the routine is finished, after which he cleans his sword as he waits for the spellcasters to finish their own preparations.

Attaching the string to his bow, he gets up and moves to the door, awaiting the rest of the party. "Let's not rush, but I'd enjoy being outside this dungeon quickly."

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-11-25, 02:47 PM
Tovag yawns, rolls over onto his knees and begins praying for spells.

The_Shaman
2008-11-29, 10:36 AM
((Everyone done with your daily meditations))

Eventually, Mr. Shizzles goes back on his feet and seems much more energetic than he was before. He paws a small, much-scratched stone out of his collar and starts playing away with it, pushing it here and there.

Ready there, Shroedy?
Sure thing, Shizzles. Feeling better now? You have a few bruises, you should be more careful?
Ahhhh, leave it, you busybody. If you're that inquisitive, check what's in the next room.
I hope those goblins left, there's been enough killing already. Any idea who might have done that fireworks bit earlier? We might have to deal with them at some point.
Not sure. Hmmmr, it was probably magic of some sort, didn't look like any alchemical mess.

All that his companions heard, however, was an insistent
Well, hmmr, everyone ready?

0SpinBoson
2008-11-29, 12:42 PM
It seems that you've been nicely left alone throughout the night. The cavern even looks empty. In the distance, you can see the remnant of the torch that was there; its embers are softly glowing.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-11-29, 01:40 PM
Daichi

Daichi lingers forward towards the torch, urging his companions to follow along. He reaches out an picks up the torch, blowing on the dying embers in order to rekindle the flame. He passes off the torch to one of the gnomes and asks, "So, who of us remembers how we got down here in the first place?"

Tyrael
2008-11-29, 02:49 PM
Teevo shakes himself awake and tugs his janitorial cap back on, his sharp-toothed mouth gaping in a yawn. "You mean the events that led us down here? Or the path we took into this room?" he mumbles, rummaging among his backpack. Realizing that he forgot to pack rations, the little Kobold looks around among the dead bodies. Finding one of the dead goblins, he begins tugging at one of its arms. "Hey, anyone have a knife? There's still some meat on these things. A little flavoring, and we've got a pretty good breakfast. Ooh, this one's a fatso."

DJDeMiko
2008-11-29, 06:24 PM
The Scribe

Picks a door, besides the one they came in, at random and points to it.

Duke of URL
2008-12-02, 08:56 AM
Gronk

"Aw, man..." the half-orc says as Teevo starts clawing at roasted goblin. He pulls out a couple of trail rations from his pack, holding one out to the janitor. "Here. You don't know where that has been. You're better off eating this junk."

Tyrael
2008-12-02, 11:13 AM
Teevo glances up and shrugs indifferently. "Eh, that works too." Opening the ration and munching into it, he adds with a faint spray of crumbs, "At least it's not as bad as Thursday Meat Surprise at the dining commons." He wanders back towards his pack and resumes gathering his things together along with the rest of the group. "'Never eat a plate that blinks back at you', my mom always said..."

0SpinBoson
2008-12-05, 12:43 PM
Everything seems quiet, as far as you can tell. The door The Scribe pointed at says nothing.

DJDeMiko
2008-12-05, 12:55 PM
The Scribe

The scribe knuckles towards the door and carefully opens it, peeking beyond it.

Tyrael
2008-12-05, 01:03 PM
Teevo joins him, looking under his shoulder.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-12-05, 02:38 PM
Daichi

Daichi joins the scribe, looking high over his shoulder.

Duke of URL
2008-12-05, 02:46 PM
Gronk

Gronk stays in back, letting everyone else take the risks of peeking ahead.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-12-07, 12:26 AM
Tovag gets up from praying, praying that he got his prayers right, and joins the rest of the party.

dariathalon
2008-12-07, 03:08 PM
Scrappy

Scrappy joins the line up behind Daichi, which of course means he can't see a thing. He tries looking between the giants knees, but even that route is blocked off by several other small people in front of him.

0SpinBoson
2008-12-07, 09:03 PM
As you open the door slightly, you hear a high-pitched scream and a rusted sword slices down and just misses the scribe!

Listen and initiative checks please.

DJDeMiko
2008-12-07, 09:54 PM
The Scribe

The Scribe jumps back from the sword slightly and bumps into pip who was walking less than an inch behind his master, Pip falls to the floor.

initiative

The scribe - [roll0]
Pip is dazed from his fall- [roll1]

haha holy **** pip crit init

Listen

The Scribe [roll2]
Pip [roll3]

Tyrael
2008-12-07, 11:15 PM
Teevo squeaks and ducks reflexively, holding onto his janitor cap and clutching his mop.

Initiative:
Listen: [roll]1d20-1

dariathalon
2008-12-08, 12:56 AM
Scrappy

[roll0]
[roll1]

The_Shaman
2008-12-08, 11:01 AM
((Sorry, moving to a new room, no net at home atm)

Shizzles

[roll0] - initiative
[roll1] - listen

Mr.Shizzles, who has been ambling around with the party with as little sound as a bored cat makes, meaows with sudden fright as the sword lunger beside him.

Fermi-Flavor Pi
2008-12-08, 01:08 PM
Tovag takes a step back and readies his spear.

Listen [roll0]
Init [roll1]

King_of_GRiffins
2008-12-08, 02:31 PM
Diachi

Daichi takes a step back, lumbering backwards over the gnomes and pointing a ready arrow through the doorway.

[roll0]

Duke of URL
2008-12-09, 08:51 AM
Gronk

Gronk thinks he might hear something odd, and so is caught hesitating as the sword swings at The Scribe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

0SpinBoson
2008-12-09, 08:58 AM
A listen check over 12 will tell you that there's some chanting coming from behind the door.

Everyone with initiatives above 10, go ahead and post your actions.

Tyrael
2008-12-15, 02:21 PM
Teevo

Teevo grips his mop in his claws, gulping quietly. Hesitantly leaning around the doorway, he peers into the next room, looking for a convenient corner to hide in. If he sees one, he scurries into the shadows.

Hide: [roll0]

If he doesn't see one, he just stays in the doorway, examining the next room and getting ready to Trip any enemy that comes through the door

0SpinBoson
2008-12-16, 11:23 AM
As you peer around the corner, you see a goblin brandishing a (small) greatsword. In the back, you see two more, in the midst of chanting.

There are several (4) corners to hide in for Teevo. As you move towards one, the goblin with the greatsword swings at you and hits you for 4.

DJDeMiko
2008-12-16, 12:18 PM
The Scribe

On his action, the scribe will charge in ooking and attempt to monkey punch the one who swung the sword.

[roll0] touch attack
[roll1] sonic damage

Tyrael
2008-12-22, 03:02 PM
Teevo

On his next turn, Teevo cringes and yelps, then shrinks protectively away from the skeleton, holding his mop up as a shield.

Takes a Total Defense action as a standard action (+4 AC), declaring Dodge against the skeleton (+1 AC) and uses a move action to move towards the corner.

dariathalon
2008-12-23, 02:16 AM
Scrappy

Uncertain what exactly is going on in the front of the group, Scrappy waits for those ahead of him to enter the room.

The_Shaman
2008-12-30, 01:48 PM
With the sudden fright gone, Shizzles concentrates deeply, and a deep hum sounds in the area. The cat's fur almost stands on end for a moment, then settles down and becomes strangely immobile.

((Expends psionic focus, manifests augmented inertial armor for a total of 5 PP - 1 base, 2 augmentation for +1 to AC, 2+PF to double the duration. Do I have line of sight to the chanting goblins?))