Pages : [1] 2 3

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 09:14 AM
Plaintiff: Susan Elliot and other members of GLoG
Attorney for the Prosecution: The Onion

Defendant: Nomlas
Defence Dream Team: Lord Magtok and Vespe Ratavo

Judge and Jury: Nameless and other members of the Neutralist Organization

The defendant is accused of abducting Susan Elliot's adopted child Rose. Other charges, such as stealing the Spork of Power, may be added later.

Please note, that this thread does not attempt to correspond to any actual legal system in the history of anywhere. Expect Courtroom Antics (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CourtroomAntic) and other tropes.

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-28, 09:54 AM
Nomlas is sitting at the defendant's table, worriedly tapping his fingers along it's wooden surface as he waits for the trial to begin. He's wearing his usual attire, it's not like him to dress up for any occasion, not even his own trial. Alright, Nomlas, you can do this. You've played enough Phoenix Wright games to know what sort of things are gonna happen.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-28, 09:57 AM
Amelia appears in the public areas, having somehow heard about the trial. Her purple hair, which has grown a little, is covered by a fishnet Russian-style opera hat. She wears tights under a short black dress. Tears are already streaming down her elegantly made-up face. Oh, Nomlas! :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2008-10-28, 10:10 AM
The Onion rolls in. He looks to be a perfect brown onion today. He rolls to his seat. A tall stool, with tri-pod legs & a small seat. The prosecution is present. he announces.

A briefcase appears before him on the table.

=============

The Little Girl appears next to Amelia. What did he do this time?

Kaelaroth
2008-10-28, 10:11 AM
They say he tried to kidnap a little girl! She wails.

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-28, 10:17 AM
Nomlas blankly looks over at The Onion as it rolls in, he seems pretty stunned. .. That's the prosecution? He chuckles to himself and brushes a hand back through his hair. Hah, alright. We won't be shedding any tears while we're choppin' you to pieces, Onion boy. Happy with that little remark, Nomlas leans back in his chair and tries to relax. Besides, how good could an onion be?

Lex-Kat
2008-10-28, 10:29 AM
The Onion waits for a judge to appear. He turns towards Nomlas, and makes a movement that could be assumed to be a nod. Somehow, Nomlas might get the impression that The Onion is smirking at him. But how?

================

That's horrible. Why did he do that?

Kaelaroth
2008-10-28, 10:30 AM
I don't know. You should go home, kiddie, this isn't a place for children. She wails.

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 10:36 AM
Susan and Rose arrive in the courtroom. Susan is dressed in a conservative white Regency dress and hat. Rose is wearing a pink Winnie the Pooh sleeper.

Susan gives Nomlas a dirty look, and then sits down behind The Onion.

Nameless
2008-10-28, 11:06 AM
Nameless apears sitting in the jury section.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-28, 11:09 AM
Atomos appears near the judge's seat. "Who is to preside over precedings, and sentencing?"

Lex-Kat
2008-10-28, 11:18 AM
I thought it would be Nameless. Says The Onion.

Nameless
2008-10-28, 12:04 PM
Who am I?

If their arn't enough members of the jury, I can always call a few more Nameless'...

More Nameless' fade into all the other chairs.

Atomsized
2008-10-28, 03:08 PM
Atomsized opens the main door and walks into the courtroom. Which his hat slightly tipped on his head, he walks his way over to the jury section of the courtroom and sits himself down.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-28, 03:11 PM
Magtok quickly browses through the Courtroom Antics tv tropes page, making a few small notes and writing down a couple of potential surprise witnesses and sneaky tricks he might want to use.

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 03:25 PM
GLoG delivers a list of witnesses to The Onion:

Wenomir
Francis Quinne
Susan Elliot
George Shackleton
Rabbit Vasque (potentially hostile witness)
Darkcomet

Darkcomet
2008-10-28, 04:48 PM
((*cough*))

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-28, 05:15 PM
Vespe appears, dressed in a fairly spiffy suit. Sorry I'm late. You know how San Dimas time (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SanDimasTime) is. Now, he says, setting a briefcase on the table thingy, the defense would like to say that the jury looks simply dashing today, and would like to make a motion to ask if that is a new robe.

Atomsized
2008-10-28, 05:28 PM
Dashing? By far the best comment we've got today right Nameless? Atomsized whispers.

Darkcomet
2008-10-28, 05:29 PM
DC decloaks in the witness area. Yes, he was there all along, why do you ask?

Nameless
2008-10-28, 05:39 PM
Dashing? By far the best comment we've got today right Nameless? Atomsized whispers.

I think they're trying to "win us over" Atom.

Atomsized
2008-10-28, 06:00 PM
But we're too neutral to do that!

Lex-Kat
2008-10-28, 07:30 PM
The Onion eyes the jury, appraising the situation. Eleven Nameless's and an Atomsized. Hmmm.

And just where is the Judge? he thinks to himself.

Darkcomet
2008-10-28, 07:31 PM
DC leaves in a puff of plot, and mindscrew.

Nameless
2008-10-29, 03:46 AM
And just where is the Judge? he thinks to himself.

We haven't decided on that yet.

All the other Nameless' walk out the coart room.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 07:20 AM
"I... Could be the judge?" Atomos says, tentatively.

Morty
2008-10-29, 01:59 PM
Dipsnig half walks, half runs into the courtroom, hoping he's not late. Instead of his normal grey tunic over leather armor, he's wearing a dark grey military uniform with insignia of a corporal. He's carrying a heavy briefcase. He sits next to other NOers.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 02:08 PM
Changing his mind, Atomos hurriedly says "Although Master Dipsnig would probably be a far more adequate holder of Justice."

happyturtle
2008-10-29, 02:10 PM
Susan says, "I will accept either of you as judge in this case."

Rose gurgles.

Morty
2008-10-29, 02:12 PM
Handler of Justice? You mean the judge? Well, if other members so decide I suppose I can handle this. But Nameless is the leader and he's already familiar with judgements as the Grim Reaper.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 02:14 PM
Atomos nods, and sits down in the jury box. "In the order of fairness and neutrality, I must insist that Nameless does not function as multiple parts of the jury."

Morty
2008-10-29, 02:19 PM
Nameless' multiple selves share the same mind and personality, so I don't think that's a problem.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 02:27 PM
"No, that's why he shouldn't have multiple forms on the jury. They'll all be the same, they'll all vote the same way, and could damage the credibility of the result." Atomos says.

Morty
2008-10-29, 02:35 PM
Well, I suppose that's true... so, we have four NOers in the courtroom so far, and Dallas might come as well. Which means we'll have a judge and three or four juries. It should be enough, I think.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 02:37 PM
"Yes. Three Jurors would be best, I think, but four would be fine too."

Morty
2008-10-29, 03:20 PM
Yep. Now, the question is who's going to be the jury. I vote for Nameless if he's up to it.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 03:21 PM
"Nameless, Atomsized, and myself. You, the winner of the Best NOite award, should take centre stage as judge, Master Dipsnig."

Atomsized
2008-10-29, 03:24 PM
Atomsized looks up from trying to solve a Rubiks Cube.

I second that!

Morty
2008-10-29, 03:26 PM
I'm flattered. I accept, then. Dipsnig sits on judge's chair and is completely hidden behind judge's desk. I need a bigger chair, though.

Darkcomet
2008-10-29, 04:17 PM
DC reappears in the witness area.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 04:18 PM
Atomos returns to the trial, having been out and bought Dipsnig a much bigger chair. "There you are, sir."

Morty
2008-10-29, 04:19 PM
Thank you. Dipsnig's head is now visible above the desk. Now I belive we're ready for trial.

Darkcomet
2008-10-29, 04:25 PM
DC thinks to himself.

Not like he's going to stay imprisoned for long. Intergang will just break him out again...

Lord Magtok
2008-10-29, 06:15 PM
Magtok drums his fingers against his suitcase, getting a little bit impatient.

Could we move this along, please? Just get on with the opening statement already!

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-29, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the opening statement! ...Who does that again? Is it us?

Lord Magtok
2008-10-29, 06:27 PM
They go first, saying some mean stuff about Nomlas, and then we go, defending Nomlas's possible innocence with words and rude gestures and confused poultry and stuff. And then we go into evidence-waving and stuff, I think.

Magtok opens his suitcase a little bit, making sure that his turkey is still as befuddled as when he bought it.

Darkcomet
2008-10-29, 06:39 PM
A mental image of Nomlas kidnapping Rose (the baby) appears in Magtok and Vespe's heads. Unless not enough of Magtok's brain is organic, then it's just Vespe.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-29, 06:52 PM
Vespe screams out an objection. (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2802081)

Darkcomet
2008-10-29, 06:54 PM
The words "not the prosecution, Vespe" appear in his head.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-29, 06:57 PM
Vespe screams out again. (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2802095)

Darkcomet
2008-10-29, 06:58 PM
The words "The Onion is not a telepath!" appear in Vespe's head.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-29, 07:05 PM
Magtok drums the fingers of his right hand on the briefcase again, before turning his gaze to the judge.

Your honor, I insist upon some sort of psionic/magic-negating field to deal with the annoying voices messing with the defense. This is a honorable court of law, I presume, and as such, these underhanded tactics should not be tolerated until it's funny.

Darkcomet
2008-10-29, 07:08 PM
These words appear in Magtok's head, interrupting him:

"Don't finish that sentence unless you want to be reliving being torn to pieces by Turtle over and over again. Because I can make you see that. And you'll feel every bit of it."

Lord Magtok
2008-10-29, 07:15 PM
Magtok finishes his sentence anyways. And then continues a little. He's had quite a few much worse things rolling in his head, with one in particular standing out in his mind for a brief flash, which causes him to shudder a little, a small enough shake that could easily go unnoticed.

On a side note, let the record show that the defense team has been doing a kick-arse job against some anonymous psychic and is totally awesome, before the case even begins.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-29, 07:19 PM
Atomos, a smooth, crystalline humanoid, nods, and, since no-one else seems to be doing that, adds Magtok's note to the record.

PirateMonk
2008-10-29, 08:33 PM
PirateMonk walks in and sits down. He is holding the Purple Flaming Shiny Thing.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-10-29, 11:53 PM
Fullbladder appears randomly near the back, wearing a fine antique brownish suit and holding a Manadalorian helmet in his lap. He glares at bit at Piratemonk while still maintaining the air of an impatient bounty hunter.

He's waiting to see if the accused tries to flee, see. Like any good bounty hunter would.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-30, 01:49 AM
The Onion will roll out to talk to the Jury.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. The Prosecution will prove to you that the assailant, one Mr. Nomlas I-don't-even-know-if-he-has-a-last-name, entered GLoG under false pretenses, but intentionally held Baby Rose hostage, but placed her in imminant danger by holding her by one leg, upside down. We will show that his grip was so loose, that not one, but two other people were able to take Baby Rose easily from his hand.

You will hear testimony from many witnesses, most of whom are from GLoG, but from others who are not normally associated with GLoG. I intend to show you that Mr. Nomlas is a ruthless meanie who has no regards for anyone, save himself.

Thank you.

The Onion will roll back to his seat.

Nameless
2008-10-30, 04:32 AM
This is goin rather well, we've been in here for under 5 minuets, and we've had two objections, and some cheating involved.

Morty
2008-10-30, 09:15 AM
I'll be surprised if the courtroom isn't on fire before the trial ends. Alright, can we get this started? Also, I belive Mr. Magtok is right, so can any of you make this room magic- and psionic-proof? The last sentence is aimed at other NOers.

2008-10-30, 12:39 PM
At that point Fullbladder raises his hand, pointing vaguely upwards with his index finger.

"I could do that," he says rather quietly. He's evidently not used to something, be it the crowd or the courtroom. With his other hand he fishes a small device out of his pocket.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 03:38 PM
I object!

yells the genderbent DC.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 03:45 PM
At that Aughburgle the Third materializes in the court room confused and screaming in Nerglish

RwlRwlRwlRwl!!!

Morty
2008-10-30, 03:51 PM
Dipsnig sighs. Why do you object, sir?
By the Dark One, three objections before the trial even started.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 03:54 PM
I have a bad leg. You remember when we tried to capture Nomlas? It's been uncomfortable to walk on ever since, and I need to float to get around most of the time.

He points to the leg that was broken when Amelia superpunched him. Or her. Gah.

That, and a psychic deprived of their abilities is a blind psychic. You don't want the witness testimony skewered because you messed up the psychic, do you?

((For the first one, he, er, she's exaggerating a bit.))

Morty
2008-10-30, 03:56 PM
Alright then, we won't put up any antimagic or antipsionic fields. We'll simply have anyone who tried to interrupt the trial abducted by our clockwork penguins.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 03:57 PM
Would you object to some... Additional security? I can provide it...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-10-30, 03:59 PM
Eh, I'm gonna' put up something to stop any present psychics from reading minds or influencing jurors or lawyers minds.

With this, Shas does just that. Also, s/he sits down in the benches to watch.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:00 PM
Can we remove him? He's been trying to kill me constantly as of late.

She points at Shas.

Morty
2008-10-30, 04:01 PM
Thank you, says Dipsnig to Shas.
And no, I wouldn't object to some additional security. But I'm afraid I can't remove him. Or her.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:02 PM
DC pushes a button, and many of his her laser drones roll inside. They regard Shas with immense suspicion.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-30, 04:03 PM
Magtok smiles at DC, a fake sort of smile that says "I'd strangle you here and now if I could, psychic".

And in any case, you deserve it, DC. Now stop trying to screw up the trial, you heroes are supposed to be all about ethics and morality and such, and AMENites know the difference between messing with each other for fun, and dishonorable subordination.

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-30, 04:04 PM
Nomlas yawns repeatedly during Darkcomet's sob story about his leg. Walk it off, Drama queen.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 04:05 PM
Susan looks around nervously, wondering when the defence will present their opening statement. And also wondering whether the courtroom is a safe place for her baby. :smalleek:

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:05 PM
Shut up, Nomlas. And I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about, Magtok. :smallconfused:

Vossik
2008-10-30, 04:08 PM
Aughburgle the Third walks over to Susan and sits down a close as he can get to her. He smiles a murloc smile and waits for the trail to commence.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 04:08 PM
"Okay, it's clear we need a bailiff in the courtroom," Ian says. "Your Honour, if you need anyone in the courtroom Silenced or Held, please let me know."

((Ian = NOist Cleric of Neutrality. He chose not to sit on the jury because he hates GLoG and felt he couldn't be impartial.))

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-30, 04:10 PM
Aww, you see. Nomlas looks up towards the judge and frowns. I'm being told to shuttup, at my own trial. This is the sort of abuse I have to take daily.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:11 PM
Shut up, Nomlas.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 04:12 PM
Susan :smalleek:'s and moves far far away from Aughburgle the Third.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:14 PM
The laser drones approach Aughburgle the Third.

They say this:

Stop disturbing the plaintiff immediately, or leave the courtroom.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 04:16 PM
Aughburgle hops down and moves to the other side of the courtroom.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:21 PM
Thank you for your compliance.

The drones roll around the room on patrol.

Morty
2008-10-30, 04:33 PM
By all means Ian, I will. So, everyone seems to be here. In this case, I announce the trial as open. Let's start by hearing what is Nomlas accused of.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 04:37 PM
((Minor godmod))

The Onion repeats his opening statement:

The Onion will roll out to talk to the Jury.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. The Prosecution will prove to you that the assailant, one Mr. Nomlas I-don't-even-know-if-he-has-a-last-name, entered GLoG under false pretenses, but intentionally held Baby Rose hostage, but placed her in imminant danger by holding her by one leg, upside down. We will show that his grip was so loose, that not one, but two other people were able to take Baby Rose easily from his hand.

You will hear testimony from many witnesses, most of whom are from GLoG, but from others who are not normally associated with GLoG. I intend to show you that Mr. Nomlas is a ruthless meanie who has no regards for anyone, save himself.

Thank you.

The Onion will roll back to his seat.

Morty
2008-10-30, 04:39 PM
Alright. Does the accused or the defence have anything to say about those charges? If not, then we'll hear the witnesses' testimony.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-30, 04:52 PM
Magtok clears his throat, and begins his own opening statement.

Ladies and gentlemen of the court, I come to you here today to defend a man wrongly charged of holding a baby hostage and dangling it upside-down by its leg. Or at least, that was my original intent. I've since realized that this court is not, as I had assumed, an attempt to verify or confirm whether Nomlas is innocent, but a twisted kangaroo court with the intent of...No, it doesn't mean a court of kangaroos!

As I was saying, a twisted court existing for the sole intent of amusing sadistic people hiding behind a false veil of law and order. I've no doubt in my mind that you're all laughing at us three on the inside, that the jury is completely corrupt and biased, and that the judge has already decided upon what sentence to deliver unto Nomlas. I demand that Nomlas be examined by a jury of his peers, not his enemies. I demand that we look at the matter seriously, that the only jokes are to be on the side, like Vespe calling a lolcat to the stand or something, rather than the trial itself. And on top of that, with the gods as my witness, unless my demands are met-

Magtok draws a gun, and places it against Nomlas's head.

-I suggest we cut the crap and just kill him now.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 04:53 PM
DC looks, shocked, at Magtok.

The drones, oddly, do not stop him.

Fan
2008-10-30, 04:54 PM
Fanboy will speak up from the seats.
"then kill him. We will not have members on intergang placed in a position to save on of their allies. It would be folly, and a mockery of the very law we seek to uphold within this court."

Morty
2008-10-30, 04:56 PM
Normally I'd have no problem with you killing Nomlas, but it's supposed to be a fair trial. Which means that if you don't put the gun away right now, you'll be abducted by security and Nomlas will be left without anyone to defend him.

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-30, 04:57 PM
Hmm. Nomlas pouts slightly as Magtok places the gun against his head, continuing to sit still in his seat. Not exactly what I was expecting, Magtok.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 05:01 PM
Aughburgle gleefully laughs and claps at these developments from behind Nomlas.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-30, 05:06 PM
Magtok coldly glares at the judge.

On the off-chance your equally corrupted security turrets actually get me, there's still Vespe to watch over him. Let's get some AMENites or K-Corp members on this jury, maybe a Fullbladder or PirateMonk. It's plain and clear to me that too much of the jury is going to be biased due to a past history with Nomlas.
Don't worry Nomlas, if I can't guilt them into a more favorable way of doing things, the Magmobile's parked outside and ready to go.

Morty
2008-10-30, 05:08 PM
Dipsnig sighs. Mr. Magtok, the jury consists of members of Neutralist Organisation. Which means they're neutral and therefore unbiased. None of them had any dealings with Nomlas before and my conflict with Nomlas was purely mercenary, i.e I was paid to kill him, nothing personal. I see that you plan on getting some evil people into the jury who'll try to wriggle Nomals out of this, but that's not going to work.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 05:08 PM
Ooo ooo ooo!

Aughburgle raises his hand at this offering to sit as an unbiased member of the jury.

Fan
2008-10-30, 05:11 PM
"You do know that we elves pride ourselves on our senses correct? I will also have you know that everything your saying is being put on the record as is appropriate for a court setting. Also we cannot help it that only his allies have a favorable opinion of him. The man is a bloody pig with absolutely no manners."

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-30, 05:16 PM
Aww shucks, Fanboy! You're a pig, aswell. Nomlas continues to sit with Magtok's gun rested against his head, quite enjoying the bickering amongst the courtroom. Neutral and unbiased? Hell, even the judge here has attacked me in the past. Unprovoked, I might add.

Draken
2008-10-30, 05:18 PM
The clink of metalic greaves comes from the halls that link the courtroom to the offices.

Well. It has been quite some time. But it seens we have a trial after so long. I guess I will take my spot now.

Get off my damn chair you. Leave this to a real judge of the town.

Yes. Draken, in his blue-skinned, white-haired humanoid form, is ordering Dipsnig to leave the judge spot so he can take it.

Yes. He is, indeed, a judge of the Town.

And yes, he is totally umbiased. He hates you all.

Morty
2008-10-30, 05:20 PM
The people who employed me said that the attack was justified. As a mercenary, I don't need anything more. Now, can we cease the childish attempts to disrupt the trial and get to work? He then turns to Draken.
I'm afraid that NO has been chosen to run this trial, and I've been chosen from among them as a judge. In other words, nope, I'll stay where I am.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 05:21 PM
Susan looks hopefully at the new judge, hoping that his blue skin will leave him favourably inclined towards her blue-skinned baby.

Fan
Aww shucks, Fanboy! You're a pig, aswell. Nomlas continues to sit with Magtok's gun rested against his head, quite enjoying the bickering amongst the courtroom. Neutral and unbiased? Hell, even the judge here has attacked me in the past. Unprovoked, I might add.

"It wasn't a compliment you twit! Also I may not be the most refined being in existance, but I'm a far sight better than the man I witnessed use a baby to play catch."

Darkcomet
DC looks at Draken.

DC :smalleek:.

That's a very odd Draken.

Draken
2008-10-30, 05:27 PM
As a matter of fact, it is not Draken, his name is Thessian, he is a servant of Draken who used to use his name in the town.

And he is the councilor. Well, he was, his term ended like... An year ago. No idea why FS wanted him dead to take his spot.

Why of course. But it is most clear that the defense does not trust your ability to remain neutral in this discussion. Which warrants your substitution as a judge.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 05:28 PM
I don't trust him.

Morty
2008-10-30, 05:29 PM
Dipsnig rolls his eyes. It's absolutely clear to me that the defense will do anything to prevent a fair trial. Or any sort of trial for that matter. Also, I don't see any evidence you'll be a better judge than an NO member. Who are you, anyway?

Draken
2008-10-30, 05:34 PM
Thessian, Son of Thessala, Servant of the Coldbringer, Judge of the Town, Former Councilor of the Town. And I assure you of my imparciality.

Because I despise all of you.

Yes. He did just speak in Draken's voice.

Ahck. Doing that does hurt my vocal cords.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 05:35 PM
Upon hearing Draken's voice, the drones immediately point their lasers at Thessian.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 05:37 PM
Aughburgle finally gets bored and sinks his teeth into the nearest drone best he can...

Morty
2008-10-30, 05:37 PM
Well, it sounds very preety, but you'll have to provide me with a solid proof that you're not paid for by Magtok, Nomlas or someone else entirely to screw with the trial.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 05:42 PM
Aughburgle finally gets bored and sinks his teeth into the nearest drone best he can...

Aughburgle is promptly fired upon by the non-bitten laser drones.

Eliminate threat. Eliminate threat.

They keep repeating that.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 05:43 PM
Ian yawns. "Your Honour, would you like me to Disintegrate the drones?"

Draken
What proof can you give anyone here that you are not sided with the accusation? As you said yourself. You are a mercenary. It doesn't take much more than a few pieces of coin to take you to a side.

You can ask me for all the proof you want. But unlike you. I have no history of taking sides in this discussion. As a matter of fact, none of you even know me. My stupid player kept me on ice for nearly eight months now.

Eight damn months!

See ya fourth wall.

Darkcomet
Ian yawns. "Your Honour, would you like me to Disintegrate the drones?"

I object! They were attacked first!

Vossik
2008-10-30, 05:45 PM
Top hat and another spine on his back thoroughly destroyed Aughburgle points accusingly at Darkcoment.

Morty
2008-10-30, 05:47 PM
I'm a member of Neutralist Organisation chosen by other members of this organisation to be the judge on grounds of getting the Best NOer award few days earlier. Isn't that the best proof of my neutrality? Now, I don't really want to be the judge, I just don't see how you're a better choice.
And no, Ian, the drones were attacked first. It's not their fault.

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-30, 05:50 PM
Nomlas boredly fiddles with his hands while listening to Dipsnig. Listen, buddy. If we're going by that logic I should be the goodest person ever, considering I won 'Best HALOer'.

Draken
2008-10-30, 05:51 PM
I don't see how you are a best choice either. Would Happy Turtle be the most suited to lead a crusade against evil if her comrades elected her the gooddest of GloG? I don't think so.

The fact remains that you young things are prone to bias. And you sir, you fough the defendant. He harmed you. You harmed him. I will be damned if anyone in this place holds any vain belief that you have not an ounce of ill will towards him.

Meanwhile, Thessian waves at Susan, and an hydra plushie falls from thin air into her table.

Morty
2008-10-30, 05:53 PM
Dipsnig shurgs, ignoring Nomlas. Very well then. Let noone say Neutralist Organization is inflexible, if you refuse to belive that I can put away my personal antipathies. I'll refrain from my position as a judge and join the jury. Just remember, we still run this trial.

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:00 PM
Your tone is strangely reminiscent of a threat.

Anyway. Thessian takes the seat.

Very well. This court is again in session. The prosecution has made it's opening statement, but I believe the defense did not. So please, I would ask the defense attorney to make it's case.

Morty
2008-10-30, 06:01 PM
If you want to see it that way... I just reminded you that it was us who were chosen to run this trial.
Dipsnig sits next to other NOers in the jury.
((So much for the trial, I guess....))

Atomsized
2008-10-30, 06:02 PM
Atomsized speaks.

May i offer a suggestion, that we have NO in control of those drones. As neutral people, it would be fair to have full custody of any type of weapons of destruction in the court so they be not misused in any manner by the defendant, plaintiff blah blah blah blah.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 06:04 PM
Susan picks up the hydra plushie and dances it in front of Rose while she waits to be called to testify.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:04 PM
I object! These drones are MY creations and MY property and they will not be taken away by you!

Lord Magtok
2008-10-30, 06:07 PM
Magtok turns his gun around so that it is pointed at himself as he takes it away from Nomlas and offers it to whoever'll confiscate it from him. As he does so, he smiles again at DarkComet.

Objecting is our job, DC. You should've signed up to be one of the plaintiffs is you really wanted to do so.

Atomsized
2008-10-30, 06:08 PM
I said momentarily. The drones will only be under NO's control for the trial. Those drones may be used for assault, and it would be pretty sad if THAT happened wouldn't it, hmm? How can you prove to me that you will not use the drones to threat, maim, kill, or assault someone?

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:08 PM
Objection accepted. Mr. Darkcomet. Remove your drones from this court now or you will be held in contempt of court.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 06:09 PM
With a triumphant grunt, Aughburgle puffs out his chest and goes back to his seat, still wearing the remains of his top hat.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:10 PM
Grr...

DC waves away the drones. Something doesn't seem quite right though.

Atomsized
2008-10-30, 06:12 PM
Excellent. Continue with the trial.

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:14 PM
Thessian sees the truth behind the veil of illusion.

Thanks for your complyance Mr. Darkcomet. Just be aware that if I see you and your agents making justice with your own hands in this court, I will be forced to take drastic measures.

Like eating your liver.

With fava beans.

And maybe a nice chianti.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:15 PM
A vroom-vroom sound is heard from below. It gets farther and farther away and eventually vanishes.

2008-10-30, 06:15 PM
Every time the word 'contempt' is mentioned, Fullbladder twitches a bit in a seat. Those who know him probably realize that he's practically killing himself trying not to shout "I have nothing but contempt for this court."

Nevertheless he manages to grin a sarcastic grin at DC as the drones depart. He isn't completely without self control, after all.

Morty
2008-10-30, 06:17 PM
Dipsnig shakes his head. This trial is becoming more and more reminiscent of a comedy.
Also, Thessian might feel uncomfortable on the seat, as its former inhabitant was three feet tall.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:17 PM
DC walks over to Fullbladder and whispers this in his ear:

Just feel lucky that they're not using the right pronoun.

Then she heads back.

Atomsized
2008-10-30, 06:19 PM
Meh, it's alright Dipsnig. Just sit down and watch the trial.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-30, 06:19 PM
Right, right, the real opening statements.

Magtok closes the suitcase.

Nomlas is a meaniehead, but I'm going to make sure that the evidence available isn't enough to proven without reasonable doubt that he committed the crime he's been accused of. Done. Vespe, your turn.

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:23 PM
The chair is magically changed to fit the new owner.

Because he is a mage.

And truth be said, with the bunch of wackos here it was going to end in comedy sooner than later.

And Thessian thinks you mammals look all the same to him.

And now order in the court.

Hey, Fullbladder. Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt Contempt

Morty
2008-10-30, 06:23 PM
Dipsnig shakes his head and watches the trial.
((Well, it's not like I didn't expect it to end up in comedy and I don't mind it, but IC Dipsnig's a bit annoyed. Also, deadtime.))

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-30, 06:26 PM
Vespe walks over to the jury. Pacing back and forth in front of them, he begins. A man has a choice. Or a woman, I suppose a woman has a choice, too. But the point is, people make choices. And those choices are not merely black and white, or good and evil. The world is made of shades, mostly shades of gray, and no one man (or woman) can say what is right and what is wrong.

He turns to the jury, and slams his fist on the jury bench thingy for emphasis. Tell me, friends, is a killing, a theft, a kidnapping, never justified? What of your friend Fanboy? He's killed hundreds, thousands, and yet I do not see him brought to trial. And what of Turtle, his bride? Their entire organization is responsible for hundreds of thousands of lives taken over the years, and yet you insist on trying my client for this? Have you no shame?

Even if my client was guilty, this whole trial is still a mockery of any semblance of law, or justice, or even decent goodness. I ask you, who's the real villain here?

And that's all I have to say about that.

Vespe returns to his seat.

PirateMonk
2008-10-30, 06:27 PM
PM watches the trial, playing with his Purple Flaming Shiny Thing.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:32 PM
Okay, does anyone else think that thing should be taken away before he burns the place down?

Atomsized
2008-10-30, 06:34 PM
What is that thing anyways.....a Gameboy covered in glitter and flames?

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:35 PM
Ms. Comet stop shouting out of your turn.

Mr. Monk. Stop playing with fire in my courtroom.

Very well. The prosecution may begin it's case.

Present proof, call witnesses, that sort of stuff.

(Gods I hate these pronoums, I never get these things right.)

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:36 PM
((DC isn't married.))

****, he noticed.

PirateMonk
2008-10-30, 06:43 PM
PM ignores Thessian's order.

Vossik
2008-10-30, 06:45 PM
The flame now brought to his interest, Aughburgle tries to snatch it.

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:45 PM
Rocks fall. PM dies.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:47 PM
fDC barely keeps herself from laughing.

PirateMonk
2008-10-30, 06:50 PM
Another clone appears and digs through the rubble for the Purple Flaming Shiny Thing.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:52 PM
DC raises her hand.

Your honor, can I call the drones back to keep him out?

Draken
2008-10-30, 06:52 PM
PM is locked in a fireproof glass thingy.

Ok. Over with these shenanigans now. Where is Lex-kat?

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 06:54 PM
((I PM'd Lex-kat, but I think she's doing the Heal/Hurt now, so hasn't seen it yet.))

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 06:55 PM
((I may be dead meat, but I took one with me!))

fDC is still barely resisting the urge to laugh at PM.

PirateMonk
2008-10-30, 06:58 PM
PM ignores the glass container, except for magically making it more transparent. He continues playing with the Purple Flaming Shiny Thing.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-30, 07:07 PM
The Onion rolls in quickly. Sorry your honor. I was delayed, healing and hurting people.

He rolls onto his seat. Now, let's see. Where are we. Oh, yes. My first witness is, Susan. The mother of the innocent kidnap victim.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 07:08 PM
Susan stands up, carrying Rose and the hydra plushie, and walks to the stand.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-30, 07:10 PM
((Is this the part where we cross-examine the witness? :smallconfused:

Not so good with legal stuff.))

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 07:12 PM
((The Onion gets to question her first, then the defence cross examines. For witnesses that you call, you get to go first, and The Onion gets the cross examination.))

As Bailiff, Ian has her sworn in.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-30, 07:26 PM
The Onion waits for her to be seated. Then rolls forth. Thank you, Susan. Could you state your name in full, please?

After she does. Thank you. Now, where were you November 5th, 1605 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_fawkes)!? He shouts out.

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 07:28 PM
DC facepalms.

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 07:35 PM
"Susan Elliott."

Looks confused at the second question. "Sir, I was born in 1778."

Lex-Kat
2008-10-30, 07:38 PM
Oh, right. Okaaaaay then.

The Onion paces back and forth. You claim that someone came out of the GLoG bathroom, correct? Do you see this man in the court room?

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 07:41 PM
"I didn't see him come out of the bathroom," Susan says. "But Nomlas, the defendant, came running into the greatroom."

((must deadtime. Lex, you can godmod Susan's testimony and cross examination if you like. Her version of events is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5161922#post5161922)))

Lex-Kat
2008-10-30, 07:51 PM
Mmm. Hmm. Okay, then Susan. What happened next?

Susan replys:
I was sitting in here doing needlepoint, with my baby Rose asleep nearby. Suddenly Nomlas burst in, threw a sleep grenade, and took Rose hostage.

((DEADTIME- need to finish work. :smallyuk:))

Shas aia Toriia
2008-10-30, 08:08 PM
((Just a question. . .what is intergang?))

Darkcomet
2008-10-30, 08:13 PM
((Plot stuff.))

Nameless
2008-10-31, 05:23 AM
(( Why, why is it whenever I deadtime for the night, the most happens... darn time differences... :smallannoyed: ))

(( Undeadtimes ))

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 01:05 PM
Susan undeadtimes, still in the witness box holding Rose.

Rose is babbling and waving at the jury, until she suddenly discovers something important.... toes! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcKKwcEO0kQ&NR=1)

((It should be noted for the information of those who do not frequent GLoG that Rose is a light blue skinned infant who is completely bald and possessed of near toxic levels of Teh Cute.))

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 02:53 PM
Okay, Susan. One last question. Who was the person who you saw holding Baby Rose, before you were able to free her from his clutches?

((Please note: I'm at work, so posting frequency will fluctuate. :smallsmile:))

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 03:06 PM
"I managed to grab Rose away from the defendant, Mr Nomlas, and then I ran, straight to the infirmary. I was afraid of what the sleeping gas had done, because she slept through the whole thing." Susan answers.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 03:09 PM
Thank you, Susan. I have no further questions for this witness. The Onion rolls back to his seat.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-31, 04:08 PM
Magtok then steps up to question the witness, gesturing for Vespe to do the same.

Alright...Susan, is it? Did you personally witness Nomlas take the child?

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 04:10 PM
"No, Sir," Susan answers meekly.

Lord Magtok
2008-10-31, 04:16 PM
And forgive me if these two questions seem rude, but are you indeed the child's legal guardian? And if so, via adoption or bloodline?

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 04:26 PM
Susan is offended at the implication, but tries to remain polite. "I am unmarried, Sir. Rose is my adopted child."

Lord Magtok
2008-10-31, 04:58 PM
Alright then, I'm done for now, I'll leave my associate to ask any further questions.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-31, 05:08 PM
Vespe steps up to Susan. Ms. Susan, you have stated that you did not, in fact, see Nomlas take the child. How did you arrive at the conclusion that he was, in fact, attempting to kidnap her?

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 05:22 PM
"When he threw the sleep grenade at me, I was holding my child. When I woke up, she was no longer in my arms. Kidnapping doesn't seem like an unreasonable presumption," Susan answers frostily.

Rose coos at Vespe.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-31, 05:24 PM
Vespe smiles at Rose, then returns to his (mostly) stern demeanor. Ms. Susan, simply because he's evil, you believe him to have kidnapped your child? Have you thought of any of the other possibilities? Perhaps the grenade was misaimed. Perhaps Fanboy stole your child for his evil Gary Stu power rituals.

Have you thought, even for a moment, that perhaps there was a fire or a demon invasion, and Nomlas was only doing what he thought best for the safety of your child? He slams his hand on the stand. Again.

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 05:28 PM
"No, Sir. I didn't think any of those things," Susan says.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-31, 05:30 PM
Precisely. No more questions, your honor.

Morty
2008-10-31, 05:31 PM
Dipsnig can't help but to laugh quietly at Vespe's methods of defending Nomlas.

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 05:34 PM
Susan steps down from the stand. She hopes The Onion will call Wenomir to the stand next, as his player appears to be online.

Darkcomet
2008-10-31, 05:38 PM
Dipsnig can't help but to laugh quietly at Vespe's methods of defending Nomlas.

The same goes for DC.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 05:48 PM
The Onion bounces on his seat. I would like to call forth, Geor... The Onion pauses. What? He's unavailable at the moment? Oh. Okay.

The Onion bounces in his seat again. As I was saying, I would like to call Wenomir to the stand, please.

Morty
2008-10-31, 05:51 PM
Wenomir, a tall, thin man with red eyes wearing hide armor and black cloak enters the coutroom and walks towards the stand.
I'm here, your honor.

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 05:59 PM
Ian swears him in.

Morty
2008-10-31, 06:08 PM
After being sworn in, Wenomir patiently awaits the questions.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 06:15 PM
The Onion rolls forward. Mr. Wenomir, please state your full name, for the record.

After he does. Mr. Wenomir, where were you during the incident occuring in GLoG HQ, when Baby Rose was held hostage.

Morty
2008-10-31, 06:20 PM
((In case it's important, Wenomir does have a last name, which is Rawicz, read "Ravich"))
I've been doing my usual patrols around the base when I heard a commotion in one of the rooms. When I got there, I saw Nomlas throw a sleeping gas grenade at Ms. Elliot and her daughter and then try to grab the child and escape. I tried to stop him, but I failed. He then threatened to kill Rose if we don't cooperate. I gave him a chance to surrender peacefully but he refused. Then a woman calling herself Rabbit appeared, grabbed Rose from Nomlas and demanded that we tell her where is Fanboy. When Ms. Elliot gave her that information, she tried to give Rose back to Nomlas, but Ms. Elliot managed to grab her daughter. Then Mr. Francis and I took Nomlas to prison.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 06:40 PM
((In case it's important, Wenomir does have a last name, which is Rawicz, read "Ravich"))
I've been doing my usual patrols around the base when I heard a commotion in one of the rooms. When I got there, I saw Nomlas throw a sleeping gas grenade at Ms. Elliot and her daughter and then try to grab the child and escape. I tried to stop him, but I failed. He then threatened to kill Rose if we don't cooperate. I gave him a chance to surrender peacefully but he refused. Then a woman calling herself Rabbit... *Snip*

At this point The Onion quickly interupts. Whoa! Whoa! Please Mr. Rawicz, just answer the question. We wouldn't want to give the Defense any help, now would we? *Hint Hint*

Okay. So you actually saw Mr. Nomlas take the child from the unconscious Susan?

Morty
2008-10-31, 06:41 PM
((I need to deadtime in few minutes, so I wanted to give a full testimony ASAP))
I did. He took the child and tried to escape through a portal.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 06:44 PM
One last question. Did he threaten the child?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-31, 06:46 PM
IThen a woman calling herself Rabbit appeared

((I don't think Rabbit once told anyone in the room her name =P))

Morty
2008-10-31, 06:49 PM
((I don't think Rabbit once told anyone in the room her name =P))

((Actually, I'm preety sure she did. I recall that preety clearly, evne though I'm still looking for the right GLoG thread.))
((Evidence:
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm that Rabbit. The Necromancer Queen, Destroyer of Religions, blah blah blah.))
I suppose so, yes. He used sleep gas on her, which can be harmful for such a young child, and he threatened to kill her if we didn't let him go.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 06:55 PM
Thank you, Mr. Rawicz. I'm done with the witness. Thank you. The Onion rolls back to his seat.

Morty
Wenomir leaves the stand.
((Deadtime, finally.))

RabbitHoleLost
((Actually, I'm preety sure she did. I recall that preety clearly, evne though I'm still looking for the right GLoG thread.))
((Evidence: ))
I suppose so, yes. He used sleep gas on her, which can be harmful for such a young child, and he threatened to kill her if we didn't let him go.

((Oh. Heh. Well, okay. :smalltongue:))

Nameless
2008-11-01, 05:34 AM
Nameless yawns and streatches.

Draken
2008-11-01, 08:18 AM
If the prosecution is done, the defense can take the witness now.

(heh. My keyboard seems to have eaten the "fe".

And M0rt. You are supposed to wait for the defense to question you)

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 08:19 AM
((Is that a typo or not?

EDIT: Aw. I liked "dense" better.))

Morty
2008-11-01, 01:01 PM
Wenomir waits for the defense to question him.
((I'd do this yesterday, but I had to deadtime and go to sleep.))

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-01, 02:32 PM
Although he hasn't been talking much, Nomlas has been listening rather intently to each witnesses' testimony and cross examination. He's pouting slightly, seemingly not as confident as he was when the trial had begun.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 02:37 PM
((AS, do you want to do any cross examination while your lawyers are deadtimed?))

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-01, 02:43 PM
((No thanks, i'll leave that stuff to Vespe and Magtok)).

Morty
2008-11-01, 02:46 PM
((Which means Wenomir is stuck here until they appear, which might be at the exact moment I have to get off that damn computer already. V.V))

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 02:47 PM
((Okay, but Magtok might not be back online till Wednesday))

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 02:52 PM
((Wenomir can be other places, just use a temporal clone or whatever. At some point they merge and become one again.))

Morty
2008-11-01, 02:54 PM
((I don't like such stuff, but I guess I can do that.))

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:20 PM
Vespe walks up to Wenomir. Mr. Wenomir, would you please tell the court your prior relations to the defendant and the...the...person who..Susan. Your relations to the defendant and Susan.

((Oh noes, Vespe is forgetting his legal terms :smalltongue:))

Morty
2008-11-01, 03:22 PM
I hardly know Mrs. Elliot, as I've joined GLoG recently, and I've never met Nomlas before this encounter.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:27 PM
I see. Tell me, Mr. Wenomir, do you know what this is? Vespe reaches into his suitcase and produces what appears to be a live badger. He holds it by its tail, swinging it back and forth in front of Wenomir.

Morty
2008-11-01, 03:29 PM
Wenomir looks at Vespe coldly with his red pupil-less eyes.
It appears to be a badger, sir.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:30 PM
Exactly. Vespe suddenly pulls his arm back, and swings the badger at Wenomir's face.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 03:31 PM
Decker, a thirteen year old girl with devil horns, white hair, and a feathered cloak, appears through a portal. She waves at everybody and takes a seat near the defence table.

Morty
Wenomir catches the badger without blinking and puts it on the ground. Is that all, sir?

Lex-Kat
Objection!! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2806741)

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 03:32 PM
DC appears through the same portal as Decker. She hums a happy tune and sits down at the witness area.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:34 PM
Vespe furrows his brow, looking rather annoyed at the failure of his badger assault. Never mind. That will be all. Vespe returns to his seat.

Morty
2008-11-01, 03:34 PM
Wenomir remains in the stand in case someone wants to ask him any more questions. He looks at Vespe as if trying to remember his face.

Dipsnig is trying very hard not to laugh.

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 03:35 PM
Oh, look. Fullbladder's back in AMEN.

DC disappears.

Vossik
2008-11-01, 03:36 PM
Aughburgle chases the badger down and forces it down his throat. He looks around at peoples reactions before going back to his seat.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 03:41 PM
Decker crawls under the chairs and pops up next to Vespe. "I thought you were brilliant!" she whispers.

Susan looks at The Onion, wondering if he will call any more witnesses.

Morty
2008-11-01, 03:42 PM
Dipsnig raises his hand. Is the jury allowed to ask the defence questions?

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:43 PM
Thank you, Vespe whispers back, then snickers, and continues and now, for my next trick... He grins smugly.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 03:44 PM
"Yes. Yes they are," Ian says, after consulting a law book.

Morty
2008-11-01, 03:45 PM
Alright then. So, Herr Vespe, what was the purpose of trying to hit the witness with a badger?

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:47 PM
That's generally considered to be the most effective way to question someone on Gallifrey.

Morty
2008-11-01, 03:54 PM
I see. Go on, please. Dipsnig is trying very hard to remain serious, with less than succesful results.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 03:55 PM
That's all my questions for now.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:00 PM
((Let's assume that Magtok declines to question Wenomir, but requests the right to call him back, at a later time. That work? If so....))

The Onion jumps up. I'd like to call George Shackleton to the witness stand, please.

Morty
2008-11-01, 04:03 PM
Wenomir leaves the witness stand and the courtroom. He can be called from GLoG base at any time, of course.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 04:07 PM
George Shackleton, a tall bearded man, is suddenly teleported into the courtroom.

He appears rather pale. And dazed.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:08 PM
Mr. Shackleton, could you please take a seat at the witness stand.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 04:09 PM
George walks to the witness stand in a daze. Ian swears him in.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:21 PM
For the record, sir. Could you please state your full name.

After he does. The Onion asks, Were you in attendance when Baby Rose was held hostage?

Kaelaroth
2008-11-01, 04:23 PM
Atomos is watching in interest from the jury box, in case anyone forgot he was here. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:27 PM
((I saw that Nomlas. :smalltongue:

You're just lucky I didn't realize I needed to quote it.))

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 04:28 PM
"I... saw them... They were fighting over something."

Alek? Alek, where are you? Tell me you're okay, please?

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-01, 04:30 PM
((I saw that Nomlas. :smalltongue:))

((You saw nothing!))

Nomlas is sitting silently at the defense's table, watching George curiously. Perhaps this witness could actually help their case.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:31 PM
Sorry, George. Could you elaborate a bit, please? What were they fighting over? And who are they? The Onion stops in front of George.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-01, 04:33 PM
There is no reply from Alek.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 04:34 PM
"Nomlas and Wenomir and Susan... I think Turtle's sister was there... and they were fighting over the baby..." He buries his face in his hands. "Do I really have to do this?"

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:38 PM
It will only take a moment, George. Did you see who initially took Baby Rose away from Susan?

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-01, 04:39 PM
Objection! Your honor, the prosecution is endangering the mental health of the witness! He clearly is unable to proceed due to emotional distress, and I suggest he be relieved of his duty as a witness.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 04:40 PM
"I don't know. Could have been any of them."

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:45 PM
Fine. I have no problem with this witness being excused. The Onion rolls back to his seat.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 04:47 PM
George steps down and teleports back to GLoG.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-01, 04:52 PM
The prosecution would like to next call Czernov, to the stand.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-01, 04:53 PM
For the purposes of convenience, Czernov arrives suddenly, knowing what's going on, and is sworn in.