PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-08-23, 08:32 PM
"Interesting.." He nods "I wonder how much of me it's really seeing, frankly I agree with it, but since I'm not going anywhere that leaves us with how to remove it from the equation without killing everyone on the station or causing more problems. Any ideas?"

Mandalore then looks over to where Crosis is barely conscious and trying to get up, he sighs and slowly shakes his head while waiting for Frae'al to continue.

RandomLunatic
2009-08-23, 11:24 PM
Noticing Tavin's gaze shift, Frae'al offers, "He says Mandalorians destroyed his homeworld.

"As for the computer, we know it has very poor awareness of anything going on outside this rebuilt area. And I told it I'd take you off its hands, so with you gone at the very worst we have some more time to dive through the databanks and get to the reset switch we've found.

"I worked it out with GLAVRA already-that way, second left, right, left, left, and keep going straight 'till you leave the rebuilt zone, and the droids shouldn't bother you as long as it keeps up its part of the plan. And why don't you take Crosis-sorry, that's the scuzzy guy over there-with you? His services are no longer required, and it might occur to GLAVRA to take a count.

"So yeah. We'll see how much information we can get before GLAVRA starts asking too many questions.

Oh, and there's four droids running around shouting 'destroy everything which I'm guessing are your fault too. Be nice if they didn't wreck everything on us."

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-08-24, 03:18 PM
"So you've discovered an off switch for this GLAVRA thing.. I suggest you get on that and deal with it in a permanant fashion ASAP. I'll handle the clean up of all those nanites and the droids, hopefully all at once. The Sith I'll leave with you on the off chance he'll be useful, if he wants a rematch he'll help out. I was planning on you guys having a shot at me later anyways. So back to work.. I'll meet you back by your ship. One last thing.." He turns towards the group of you and fires what looks like nothing so much as a white phosphorus bomb, blinding searing heat and the sensation of being burned alive from the inside out fade after a brief but memorable moment. You all take 144 points of healing, stopping at max HP. (no temporary HP) "There now get going." and he takes a few quick steps and takes off with what looks like a more standard jetpack.

RandomLunatic
2009-08-24, 11:18 PM
"But it's not anGAAHH!" Frae'al starts to protest before the grenade goes off. "Damnit, was he listening at all? Let's get this taken care of before he really karks things up," she says, rappeling down the line.

Ridai
2009-08-26, 09:37 AM
Cyrus staggers for a moment, too surprised and overwhelmed by the shock to react in any way other than to exhale strongly and feeling like he can only perceive pain for the brief moment. After he has gathered himself again, he answers. "Agreed. Hope the speeder's ready." And he follows Frae'al down the rope, back to the scientists.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-08-28, 08:45 PM
Heading back towards the scientist's location proves to be somewhat easy, though a mounting sense of dread is felt in everyone as signs that the fighting proceeded through many of the tunnels in that direction, and it seems the droid armies were not up to stopping whatever kind of "things" were assaulting them. Most oddly you all note the lack of any regeneration on the part of the many fallen droids. Finally arriving at where the scientists were you are crestfallen to see them missing. Though of interest is the fact that the speeder is missing as well. It looks like a few droids died defending the area, but there are no signs of non-mechanical casualties.

@Cyrus: You sense the link with your student coming from close... relatively close by anyways. Seemingly agitated and afraid but alive. He seems to have gone... down quite a ways.

RandomLunatic
2009-08-28, 10:58 PM
"So it looks like they got away... but which way?" Frae'al observes. Sighing and mentally cursing herslef for not having the foresight to get the scientist's commcodes, she checks to see if the interference has lifted enough that she can track down Celeb's signal.

Ridai
2009-08-29, 01:19 AM
"Downwards. I'll see if I can contact Zayt." Cyrus walks over to the chasm and looks for a sign of their passage. He concentrates on his link with Zayt and tries to transmit the feeling that it is safe up where the Jedi is to get them back up again.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-08-30, 05:16 PM
@Cyrus: You get little in the way of a reply telepathically though empathically (the boys talent apparently) you sense that he is desperate and worried, but in no immeadiate danger. You get the feeling he knows you are up "there" but can't really do much about it.

@Frae'al: [spoiler] Checking the com channels they seem to be free of interference or jamming but strangely quiet. Even the station's normally busy frequencies are dead air. Finding Celeb's frequency proves to be more difficult than the scientist's channel. As you bring that up you hear a distinctive chime from the com... far far below you... down into the dark chasm that goes deeper than you can see (with vision enhancement on your viser even).

Crosis quiet since his defeat says. "Well if they're down there we need to check... hope somebody brought a lot of rope.."

Elena adds. "There's got to be something around here we could use.. it's a long damn walk back. Maybe some of the struts or wiring? We could cut up something with our sabers, maybe find a path.. Something?"

RandomLunatic
2009-09-01, 12:18 AM
"Celeb, you there?" Frae'al asks, looking around for something that could help their descent. "How are you? What happened?" Engine modification didn't hold out, she silently predicted.

Ridai
2009-09-01, 03:35 PM
"Maybe there is at least a corridor closer to their location from where we can start carving a path if everything else fails." Cyrus checks his toolkit and looks around for materials to improvise a rope or ladder. Finding something flexible strong enough to support their weight will probably be the difficult part.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-01, 07:25 PM
You all hear a noise that sounds like someone yelling from far below. You can't be sure but it may be the Hergalic scientist. From the sound he is a good fraction of a mile underneath you and simply yelling what could be "...here...."

Looking over into the abyss like opening into the stations interior, you see twisted debris and a mazework of tunnels below in the distance. The good news is there are tunnels far below you, the bad news is you have no idea how to get down into them. Everyone can vaugely make out the direction of the crash, but it is too far and debris screens you from a clear view.

If one were able to make it from one piece of debris to another, you could perhaps slowly pick your way down, but at 30-100 foot spans, jumping would be neigh impossible.

Elena starts randomly slashing at the walls and looking at the holes she makes searching for anything useful. Calling Cyrus over she points into the latest bit of damage and says... "Cabling here.. wanna see how much we can get?"

Ridai
2009-09-01, 11:30 PM
"Worth a shot." Cyrus ignites his lightsaber and start opening the wall. He makes a pile so that Crosis and Frae'al can tie a rope simultaneously.

RandomLunatic
2009-09-02, 10:30 PM
Frae'al sighs and starts tying.

Elven-Ginsu
2009-09-03, 11:26 AM
One wonders how exactly they got all the way down there. Vetris says breaking her silence. Lemme help I'm good at climbing

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-04, 05:08 PM
Cyrus takes awhile opening up the wall, revealing a variety of power cabling and tubes. Elena starts pulling out sections and cutting them free. Vetris Crosis and Frae'al commence coiling and tying the cables togeather, forming a cobbled unsightly coil of cable, that while not pretty should easily hold at least several party members weight.

With what you guess is several hundred feet of cable, you seem to have exhausted the supply of usable materials in the wall.

Tired and resting for a moment the group considers options for using their newly formed "rope".

RandomLunatic
2009-09-04, 11:10 PM
"Why don't you take the rope and climb down?" Frae'al suggests to Vetris. "Tie it off as you go. Let's aim for those tunnels down there."

Elven-Ginsu
2009-09-05, 11:49 PM
Sure. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.She smirks then takes the rope/cabling and starts to climb down. climb check [roll0]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-07, 05:16 PM
Vetris climbs down to the length of the cabling. Seeing the situation from a much closer vantage, she sees that it is quite a ways further than the amount of cabling you have to get to the site of the speeder.

Those around the speeder look to be somewhat injured, the speeder itself is smoking but remarkably intact.

She also sees that there are a number of other platforms and places you could likely reach that would get you closer. If you could use the cabling to get from one to another you could make it all the way down. Though that would involve bringing the cabling down with you.

There are also other corridors at different heights that you could possibly get to and utilize if you swung over to them from your current location, and short of getting to one of the tunnels you see and cutting your way in there's no real entrances.

Elven-Ginsu
2009-09-08, 12:29 AM
She climbs back up. "Ok. The pit is very deep but there are ledges and tunnels. I saw the speeder. They all look injured but no one dead. To get to them we either need a lot more cabling or we all hafta climb down and pick out routes." *sigh*

RandomLunatic
2009-09-09, 10:21 PM
"Can we get to one of the tunnels with another lenght of cable? Or at least close?" Frae'al asks.

"Because we can climb down, you can take this end of the cable down and over, and then we can get to the tunnel and hopefully a faster way down."

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-12, 10:13 PM
Vetris* says "We can do a bunch of short hops and get to them, it'll take a while but it's doable in short 100-250 foot ish drops with the cable."

* Vetris is away from computer atm, I managed to get in contact and she offered the following and agreed to move things along.

Managing the slow and somewhat repetitive process or using the cable to lower yourselves from one spot to another, swinging a bit to get to some of the wreckage and basically puzzling your way down the group of you manages to get down to the speeder. The scientists indeed look injured, and concussed but universally alive. The Hergalic, the best looking of the bunch (health wise) seems to just about pass out with relief when you finally set down.

The speeder itself is lodged onto a large blackened disc like thing suspended by mechanical arms...

Ridai
2009-09-13, 03:49 AM
After the long climb, Cyrus asks "What's the situation?" and looks around for an alternative exit. He examines the disc and mechanical arms.

RandomLunatic
2009-09-13, 01:56 PM
Frae'al sighs. "Don't thank me yet. My plan to calm everything down by removing General Manda'lore from the holo was thwarted by, of all things, the General himself. Now we have to shut Glavra down before it realizes it's been conned and gets really angry. How's the speeder?

"And Cyrus, how far are we from that reset button?"

Ridai
2009-09-13, 02:04 PM
Cyrus reaches out towards the "core" and compares the sense of distance to it with when he located it earlier on.

See Force [roll0] [roll1]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-17, 10:22 PM
@Cyrus: That which you looked for seems near, VERY NEAR actually, the speeder seems to have crashed onto it.

@Everyone: The Speeder and crew are half conscious at best, out cold but in no danger at worst. The Speeder itself is in remarkably good shape. it looks like the scientists had a bit of fun modifying it, though they obviously didn't have time to ready it for the actual "landing" so far as passengers were concerned.

The platform it's on is a disc perhaps 20 meters in diameter. Held up by 4 spidery looking mechanical arms that clamp onto it every 90 degrees. No signs of damage on the surface, other than the places where the burnt rubbery surface has been peeled back directly aft of the speeder (from the repulsor engines on landing quite likely) to reveal a dark smooth/clear glassy substance)

Ridai
2009-09-18, 06:53 AM
"Well, we appear to be right on top of the core. How're you holding up, Zayt?" Cyrus looks if there is any way to communicate with the core, either by physical contact or through the Force.

RandomLunatic
2009-09-18, 08:27 PM
"Great! Get it reset, find the poor sap that's being used as the battery so we can go get him and maybe put and end to this clusterkark," Frae'al said, adding an annoyed growl to the end as she went to help bring the worse of the crash victims around. A seemingly-endless supply of complications, which she had been largely pwoerless to deal with, had made the Defel rather frustrated.

And Frae'al will add an Aid Another to somebody who actually has the Treat Injury skill.

Treat Injury aid: 1d20=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2257559/)

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-20, 10:05 AM
@Cyrus: Zayt appears only partially conscious and a bit concussed, but he's ok... giving you a small thumbs up as he wearily looks around, not quite understanding what's going on.

The crystal you are on does not seem accessable without coming into physical contact with the crystalline surface under the thick coating of rubbery gunk and debris. (for which the speeder's landing has convieniently made a hole for you) Even when you do touch it directly it seems to be resistant to telepathic interface, like the other smaller crystal above this appears to require personal energy to opperate, however you are not at all confident you have the neccessary skill or power to operate it as it requires a lot of skill in Telepathy and a lot of raw power, More than you have, at least by yourself...

@Frae'al: Vetris, Elena, Crosis and indeed a concussed Celeb (after a few friendly pokes to wake him up) all help tend to everyone. Noone seems to be in danger of dying, but most need some quality time in an infirmary.

Muus wakes up less out of it than most and immeadiatly starts checking on the speeders mechanics, on the off chance it might still be useful.

Ridai
2009-09-20, 12:54 PM
"We'll need more than one person's bioelectricity and someone more adept at telepathic communication than me to get this thing working. Should a group effort not be enough, I guess we'll have to find someone suitable. Alright, Elena, Celeb, Crosis, help me out here for a moment. Everyone else who can move, touch the crystal. If someone has the needed skills, better speak up." Cyrus does his best at coordinating their efforts, but he just plain lacks knowledge and practice.

Telepathy [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2009-09-20, 09:39 PM
"Ahhh... let me know if you need more help than that. I'll b checking the speeder." Frae'al advises Cyrus. And she does.

Repair: Take 10+21=31

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-21, 10:03 PM
@Frae'al: Looking at the work to the speeder, the repulsor engine has been tuned to act as a sort of brake... now more a "faller" than a speeder you doubt you'll get more than walking speed out of it and it certainly won't be gaining altitude, though it would be functional to survive a pretty big fall.

@Cyrus: Zayt comes over to help as well as those you called over. Everyone crowds in and touches the crystal. As you do you feel a very draining sensation, and have the sudden strong urge to take a nap. The crystal seems to gain a bit of color as people touch it, slowly going from black to dark purple and blue and rising through the spectrum as everyone contacts it.
A light rose color after everyone is touching it the crystal seems to be "active" but lacks a bit of energy and direction, input as it were.

Sadly enough everyone turns to Cyrus to lead the telepathic effort, Zayt gives you a I believe in you look and everyone focuses their energies on helping Cyrus. ok with everyone helping you get a +10 to the telepathy rolls, everyone only has enough energy to keep going for three attempts before it starts to get dangerous to continue. So give me 3 Telepathy rolls along with what "commands" you are trying to get through. (like summon GLAVRA... or maybe move the platform?)

Ridai
2009-09-22, 11:29 AM
Cyrus concentrates hard and pushes three commands into the crystal. Reset GLAVRA, locate primary power source, move platform towards it.

Telepathy
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

RandomLunatic
2009-09-23, 04:37 PM
Left without much of anyhting constructive to do, Frae'al watches in silence.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-25, 09:08 PM
Muus asks Frae'al if she can give him a hand with modifying the speeder... mostly it just needs the cockpit and seats rearranged to provide better cushion in a fall, perhaps a bit of a boost to the repulsors max range too, to provide a bit smoother a braking mechanism... "So maybe next time we can not all need neck braces and a nap..." (Mechanics check with a +4 modifier from help)

Cyrus, Elena, Celeb and Crosis are all exhausted, Celeb crawls back to the speeder... not quite making it, just letting himself doze on the rubbery ground. Crosis and Elena don't look like they want to do that much, and remain seated where they were, though they look somewhat alert still. Cyrus, having led the telepathic effort thinks he may have gotten a command through, but isn't sure.

A minute passes, when suddenly several things happen at once. There is a concussive "boom" felt through the station. Like a large ship bumping it or a massive object hitting it.

Simultaneously Cyrus, Frae'al and Vetris recieve calls from different sources.

@Frae'al: "This is Station Management.. Report."

@Vetris: Mandalore: "Good job, looks like whatever you guys did worked, The GLAVRA module seems to have come out near the station. Looks like we're in the clear."

@Cyrus: Zayt falls over suddenly overcome by a strong sensation of failure, guilt, remorse, and anguish. Feeling it strongly through your bond your vision swims with the intensity of it.

RandomLunatic
2009-09-26, 12:03 AM
Frae'al was just putting the finishing touches on the supspension modification when the station rang at the same tiem as her commlink. "Um, well, we just tried to reset the thing. This was all on the Force-users, so let me check," Frae'al told the Manager, ending by muting the comm. "How'd it go?" she asked Cyrus.

Do you mean Repair? Mechanics is the SAGA version.
Repair: 1d20+24=37 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2265392/)

Elven-Ginsu
2009-09-26, 12:41 AM
GLAVRA seems to have come out of the station. Vetris says as she's keeping an look out.

Ridai
2009-09-26, 02:45 AM
Cyrus clutches his head and struggles to concentrate while feeling the barrage of emotions. "Vetris, please contact Keva and tell him or her to go looking for Valencia Coorvo." As he screwed up earlier and the communication lines pretty much broke down soon after, he can't do much more than that at the moment. The Jedi goes over to Zayt.

"Zayt, listen to me. Concentrate, shut it out." He uses their bond to show him how or outright shield him directly.

Probably Force Defense [roll0]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-09-26, 08:46 AM
@Random Lunatic: Yup.. been GMing far too much SAGA apparently

@Cyrus: Zayt curls up defensively, but as you show him how to defend himself from the unwanted contact his breathing seems to ease and the sensation fades from you both. "It's very sad.. lost and sad..." Zayt whispers

@Frae'al: Between you and Muus you get the repulsor field and seating configured a bit better should you have to take a ride shortly, you doubt it will be boring... but it should be survivable and not snap everybodies necks.

@Vetris: "Everyone stand down we're all clear.. Vetris look after your charges for a bit longer and ask them to investigate the GLAVRA unit at their leisure. I leave it to their descretion."

RandomLunatic
2009-09-26, 09:16 AM
Frae'al gets back on the comm. "It looks like we just managed to dump the computer module responsible for this into space. I'd suggest sending somebody to get it."

Ridai
2009-09-30, 05:15 AM
"Let's just get out of here for now." Being one of the still somewhat fit people, Cyrus offers to pilot the vehicle whatever way out of the chasm it can handle.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-02, 01:14 AM
"Sounds good," Frae'al says, boardign the speeder and strapping in.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-02, 03:20 AM
The only way out.. by everyone's estimation.. is down. Everyone straps in and it gets very crowded.

@Cyrus: Give me a pilot check when you are ready to get the "speeder" safely to a landing spot, hopefully aiming for one with apparent exits.

Ridai
2009-10-02, 05:17 AM
Cyrus starts the engine and accustoms himself to the new hanling of the vehicle first. After a minute or so, he pilots the whole crew carefully down towards what hopefully is a usable exit.

Pilot check [roll0]

Elven-Ginsu
2009-10-02, 05:15 PM
"General Mandalore asks us to investigate GLAVRA at our leisure."

@Cyrus "I will try to contact Keva... but she's been hard to... get a hold of."

@DM tryin' to get a call to Keva.

sorry everyone, I've been forgetting to check posts. Video games are stealing my soul ;P

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-02, 07:21 PM
@Elven Ginsu: Know how that goes.. trust me a few minutes of sunlight a day are worth it, just for your health. :smallwink:

@Everyone: Cyrus slowly edges the speeder to the edge of the platform. Everyone confirms readyness and he goes over the edge.

Plummeting, accelerating at approximately 1 gravity you whir past obstructions and massive gears and struts, panicking at first Cyrus takes a few precious seconds to get used to the decidedly odd controls as they react in ways you wouldn't expect. Pushing off obstructions with the repulsors he manages to slow your fall and keep you clear of anything disasterous. Seeing a large maintanance hatch and walkway near the "bottom" of the station he angles towards it. Pushing the repulsors for all they're worth he manages to brake considerably before impacting the narrow walkway.

The resultant impact is jarring but non-lethal. The nose of the repulsor however takes a bit of damage as it bounces off the walkway. Tilting at a high angle the speeder comes dangerously close to tipping over the side again but settles back onto the walkway. As it hits again with considerably less force but more finality the repulsor engine fails entirely with a whiff of burning components, the speeder is still. A round maintanance hatch from the nose of the speeder breaks free and rolls around for several seconds before slowly falling.

Now on a walkway (next to some sort of large hatchway) far from the explored sections of the station what do you do?

RandomLunatic
2009-10-02, 08:21 PM
"Everybody good?" Frae'al asks as she unbuckles herself and goes to check if there is any hope at all for the repulsorlift.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-02, 08:27 PM
Celeb replies "I don't wanna go practice mom I wanna sleep in!"

Crosis looks a bit more cognizant and says... "Let's not do that too often"
Elena and the scientists stretch and check themeselves over, finding nothing teribly wrong but sore muscles and crimped necks.

Elven-Ginsu
2009-10-02, 09:29 PM
I'm fine how 'bout yourself? So what do we do now?
She looks around scanning over the area.

Ridai
2009-10-03, 03:54 AM
That was definitely the needed wake up call for Cyrus' mind after having his energy sapped. He takes a deep breath and climbs off the speeder. "Not quite the textbook landing I was hoping for. I'll check out the hatch." And that is what he does. He first checks any control panels that might be there and if it can get it to open (but waits with actually opening it until the others are ready). Then he reaches out in the Force to get a clue about Valencia Coorvo's location (and whoever is with her).

See Force [roll0] [roll1]
I'm assuming we are still using level 11 stats, otherwise See Force has a +14 modifier.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-03, 11:55 AM
"Blast!" Frae'al says, surveying the damage. "Hope you're all up for a walk, 'cuz this isn't going anywhere."

While Cyrus goes into another trance, Frae'al presses her ear up against the hatch and listens for sounds of movement beyond. With several thousand droids suddenly cut loose, who knew what could happen.

Listen: Take 10>21.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-06, 08:04 PM
Checking over the large control panel you see a series of 3 levers seem to control the door. There are also several buttons and a small readout however. Aside from the large door there's nothing else around that the controls could be for.

Frae'al listens to the door and detects a solid thrumming noise coming from the door itself, possibly indicating that the door is indeed powered. Beyond the thrum there is another higher pitched noise.. almost like crystalline music..?

@Cyrus: If Valencia Coorvo is around you can't detect the faintest hint of her, you get the feeling she is very.. very far away, Farseeing might be a more appropriate skill to roll on than See force.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-06, 09:45 PM
A generator? Frae'al muses. She goes to look at the control panel, trying to divine how it works. But before actually trying to open the door, she asks Cyrus, "You still with us?"

Ridai
2009-10-07, 01:52 AM
"I'm here, don't worry. Just trying to fix my screw-up from earlier on." Cyrus sees if he can find Valencia with a quick search, but doesn't spend more than a few moments on it as the group is ready to move on.

Farseeing [roll0]

Elven-Ginsu
2009-10-08, 11:43 AM
Vetris stands there as if listen to someone on her com. Her body language is tense like she getting yell at. Then you hear her say.."Yes...Well I don't know...um I have to ask... he didn't tell me...He's looking...no ma'am..no ma.....no.. ok ... over and out. The Fierce indeed!" Oy Cyrus you find the girl yet? I just got an earful, apparently Keva been looking for her. So I as so as you can find her lemme know that'd be great." She shakes her head and sighs.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-08, 06:45 PM
@Cyrus: You aren't able to more than a faint sense of Valencia, you get the feeling she is indeed quite far away if she is out of your range.. likely not on or around the station at all.

@Frae'al and Vetris: Looking around you additionally note that the 3 levers on the control panel would seem to be rather pointless unless they literally acted to physically move something... which considering the obvious technically advanced nature of the space station would tell you that it's a emergency lock or interface of some sort.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-09, 02:00 AM
Wondering how much would still work after GLAVRA's ejection, Frae'al starts working controls more or less at random trying to gets response from the panel.

Ridai
2009-10-09, 10:15 AM
Cyrus shakes his head and there is a hint of frustration on his face and in his voice. "I'm sorry, I can sense Valencia, but she feels so far away from the station that I can't tell where she is." The Jedi turns towards the door and waits. There will be plenty of time later on to make amends for his mistakes.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-09, 11:22 AM
Without looking up from the panel, Frae'al remarks, "You mean like your assesment of GLAVRA's location?"

Ridai
2009-10-09, 12:14 PM
"It feels different. GLAVRA's previous location felt like it wasn't anywhere in our three-dimensional space, Valencia just seems to be very far away without any kind of vector pointing towards her. But sure, it's a possibility and who knows what the heck else is possible on this station."

RandomLunatic
2009-10-09, 06:21 PM
Frae'al "Hmms" in agreement and keeps working the controls.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-09, 07:24 PM
@Everyone: Playing with the controls, Frae'al determines that the levers each seem to make loud ominous noises, as if they were each unlocking restraints to opening the passage. Unlocking all three and pressing the button would seem to open the door. However from the warning lights on the small readout that go off after each lever is pulled you are thinking there might be some element of risk to it, you don't know what's in there but it's triple locked behind a big vault like door and sealed near the bottom of an alien space station ring meant to dock with ships... So it might be some sort of industrial sized emergency airlock.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-09, 07:51 PM
"What's this thing saying?" Frae'al asks in a query primarily directed at Celeb or Joor.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-10, 12:43 PM
Celeb seems out of it, but Joor walks over and after puzzling it out for a moment says "Radiation warning would be my best guess.. Their root for light and danger are there in anycase, My guess would be this is an unshielded airlock of some sort. Though why a radiation warning? I could not say as we are in deep space and the station is well physically "shielded"..mmm perhaps too well shielded.. the earlier radiation that was going to kill everyone on the station may have set off a sensor .. which would mean it's no worse in there than the rest of the station frankly."

RandomLunatic
2009-10-11, 12:29 AM
"There's some sort of machinery on the other side; maybe a generator. That could be it. Still, it's not like we have much choice, so let's hope you're right," she added, hitting the button to open the door.

With the door open, she started flipping through radiation level overlays on her visor, focusing on the ones that can cause damage to carbon-based lifeforms.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-11, 09:39 AM
The door opens in staggered jerky movements. Servos long unused strain and stutter, but work to move the surprisingly thick door to the side. Inside a swirling morass of heat and light (and yes some mildly dangerous radiation) makes it difficult to see. Though through the glare you make out another door that looks like one of the stations airlocks opposite from where you stand, and along either wall crystals which seem to be the source of the radiation, light and heat.

The crystals seem to have grown over both side walls in an almost organic fashion, just starting to colonize the floor and ceiling. Giving off a veritable rainbow of colors, they quietly radiate enough heat to make it quite uncomfortable in the room (but not quite damaging), Frae'al notes that the radiation level is definately unsafe, but not lethal unless you spend a few hours or more in the room.

@Cyrus: As the door opens you are overwhealmed with conflicting emotions, love, anger, pretty much the full gamut of human experience emotionally, forming a static that makes it quite hard to think, to seperate your own self from the confusing cloud of emotion around you. OOC: Game effect wise any force abilities are at severe penalties, and you are dazed and can't take much more than move actions and free actions. (so you can move and talk but that's about it... and if your talking you might slur a bit. Not too big a deal though as your not fighting anything in here:smallwink:

Zayt, Elena and Celeb pass out entirely. Crosis goes to his knees like someone just sapped him. Eyes unfocused and wavering like he too is about to fall over.
"Gah! the hekt is taht?"

RandomLunatic
2009-10-11, 12:36 PM
Frae'al looks at the faltering collection of Force-Sensitives. "You know, just once I'd like to go somewhere without having to carry one of you. You guys help them and let's get out of here fast. The radiation's not lethal but it's not doing us any favors to be standing in it."

Once everybody is in the room she seals the first door and then opens the second, far one.

Ridai
2009-10-11, 04:22 PM
Cyrus stumbles and clutches his head, letting out a groan. "Dammit, like plugging my brain into a freakin' mainframe." He presses the words through clenched teeth and walks forward, towards what looked like a door before sensory overload kicked in.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-13, 10:53 AM
@Everyone: Everyone stumbles through the heat hazed room. Feeling like you are being baked inside and out, it is fortunate that you don't have far to go. The Jedi and Force sensitives have it rough, as the sense of confusion seems even stronger in the room. Several of the scientists and Vetris aid them as they stumble. Cyrus struggles on further than most, then seems to get a helping hand and makes it to the door.

@Cyrus: You realize you are probably halucinating, but you would swear your Barabel master was the one helping you through the room... weird to say the least.

@Everyone again: Frae'al recognizes the controls to the airlock from her earlier extra-vehicular excursion and opens the door with all the haste she can, but the slow opening mechanism seems to take forever in the swealtering heat. Finally getting the door open you are relieved to get into a normal looking, though oversized airlock. Only after you make it inside and shut the thankfully quite insulating hatch, do you all notice the space suits in the airlock are probably not going to be doing you any good, as they appear to have melted onto the walls. The room otherwise appears functional, though without protective gear only Vetris and the Givin would be able to survive the lock depressurizing.

Ridai
2009-10-13, 02:07 PM
Cyrus can only guess if it just was a psychological reaction that he saw Master Sunderflame or if the network of crystals somehow tapped into his memories or even the bond between him and his master. The latter seems more likely, as his "self" and the avalanche of emotions were so difficult to separate. It that was the case, could something of him have become part of the network?

Cyrus breathes heavily. There is really only one reasonable course of action anyway and that is everyone except those able to survive in deep space exit the room while the others leave and get help. The rest takes shelter in the airlock afterwards and waits. He feels to exhausted to state the obvious and instead takes a break.

RandomLunatic
2009-10-13, 02:24 PM
Frae'al slumped against one of the walls, alternately panting and swearing. "Vetris," she said finally, "Call for a pickup."

Elven-Ginsu
2009-10-13, 11:29 PM
All right I'll see what I can do. Vetris calls for ride

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-14, 01:51 AM
You don't have to wait long, less than a minute after calling an audible bump against the airlock, followed by the indicators on the airlock registering a connection and atmosphere on the other side of the outer hatch. The hatch gets opened from the other side and a squad of Mandalorians rushes inside. Seeing the condition everyone is in they quickly take everyone back through to their ship and comence emergency medical treatment. A little disoriented both by the heat and the quickness of the medical response everyone is slightly surprised to see the tunnels leading off in several directions that seem to indicate a ship of significant size. The medical facility is a no nonesense affair, with the exception of the Givin, everyone seems to be getting a full treatment for radiation poisoning of some sort. There's no sense of movement from the ship and a few minutes of being checked out and given shots and told to drink fluids (which taste like salty water for the most part) You recieve a visit from Mandalore, apparently checking in on your recovery.

"Good job everyone, I have no idea why you left via an irradiated airlock in an unused part of the station, but I won't complain with the good results you've gotten. Looks like nothing is going to kill us all if you take a bit of a break, lunch is on me. Relax, we need to talk a bit.. but that can wait if you don't feel up to it..."

RandomLunatic
2009-10-14, 04:40 PM
"It happened to be there," Frae'al offers. "And I trust you won't be offended when I say I'm not really hungry right now," she added, making a face.

Ridai
2009-10-17, 04:44 AM
"I don't mind." Cyrus just waits for what Tav wants to say for now.

Time to go back and read everything Stardancer and Voidflame had to say. I can barely remember anything of it.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-17, 05:17 PM
@Cyrus: considering what you've been through in character it's probably understandable:smallwink:

"So do you guys figure I still owe you some payment.. or is the being alive thing.. oh and the gear I gave you.. sufficient?

On to new buisiness. It looks like there's a heck of a lot more to this station than anybody knew, I don't suppose any of you feels like taking a job figuring it out further. For the Station manager you understand, I'm just giving you her recruitment speech. No presure on that though, I understand you guys now have a fully functional ship, and a big Gallaxy to get back to. Though in the interim apparently you've lost some of your passengers, who it seems have either already hired on to other ships or are already signed on for figuring out the station. (For reference you hear the Republic scientists all too readily agree to further the research on the station as they are asked.)

Also in reference to the good job you've done, there is work off station I could use you for as well. Tracking down an old Jedi Archeologist, or general bounty hunting... If you're heading by Yavin I also have something for you to deliver if your interested.

In any case I'd like you to take Vetris with you, she could use some experience out in the gallaxy. And the Sith as well.. he might prove both useful and ameniable to turning" (said with a wink to Cyrus)

"Other than that you folks are free to go as soon as the medics clear you.. which by the sound of it will involve staying a day or so.. so get comfy and think about my offer. If you need anything just ask."

RandomLunatic
2009-10-18, 01:48 AM
"The original agreement was for investigating the rebuilt portion of the station and determing the cause of the rogue droids. Nothing about VIP extraction," Frae'al pauses just a moment to let the argument sink in. "But I'll keep it cheap-sort of a package deal. I want a good long-ranged weapon-we both know an Assault Blaster doesn't count, I mean a real honest-to-goodness reach-out-and-touch somebody weapon. A good stun baton, because stun bolts don't work on anything around here. And one of those commlinks you guys use for each of each of us, besides Vetris, obviously.

"On an unrelated note, could I get the instruction manual for this?" she asked, picking up the helmet for her armor.

"As for your second question, I really need details before I can give you a commitment. And a chance to confer with my associates. But details would be good. Why don't you just go down the list? I've no particular preferences right now."

Ridai
2009-10-18, 05:21 AM
"Obviously, finding another Jedi and stopping by Yavin are of interest to me, especially with all the disturbing visions in the past days. In case the others don't mind going to Yavin, I'll need to know what exactly that delivery is as well as it's purpose. Apart from that, unless you happen to have something useful to me lying around collecting dust, I don't want any equipment. And there is more about GLAVRA going crazy and the Sargasso, but that is something to discuss in private, I believe."

Elven-Ginsu
2009-10-19, 06:46 PM
So when do we eat? I'm starved.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-25, 06:19 PM
"Foods on the way.." He looks over his shoulder and not a moment later several food carts are brought in. Sighing he continues, answering Frae'al first
"Those com's are just for my people, unless your offering to join up. Vetris can explain how your helmet com works if you need."
Then turning to include the rest of the group.
"Details of the jobs.. well the Jedi is an old Archeologist who hangs out in the outer rim, middle of nowhere basically. Pretty much a Hermit, kept his head down for most of the rebellion but not a bad sort, very powerful telekinetic if memory serves, he's not too interested in helping out anyone anymore, but I HOPE he wouldn't be outright hostile. Might take some convincing to come and take a look at the station though. The delivery to Yavin is basically an old holocron I found.. might be important, might be dangerous, might be old Sith cooking recipes for All I know, I'd suggest taking it to your higher ups for a looksee. All I ask is for you to tell me what you find out. The bounty hunting is basically tracking down a bunch of pricks I wish I had time to deal with personally, but who aren't honestly worth the time of certain other more expensive bounty hunters. Trust me these are the sorts even a Jedi won't object to dealing with violently. There's a bunch of em.. details are.. on your datapad already come to think of it... Payment wise I'll get you the smallest gauss rifle I can find.. might take a day or so.. not that that's an issue... So far as other Jedi dodads.. I actually do have something you'd find useful, though as pricey as it'd be I'd say you'd owe me for the next several jobs, if you are interested Cyrus. Oh and we might as well talk here, trust me this is the safest place you could ask for, these guy's ARE Mandalorian Medics :smallwink: so trustworthy goes without saying."

RandomLunatic
2009-10-25, 11:26 PM
"I didn't mean just the helmet comm, I meant the whole thing," Frae'al clarified.

Frae'al looked over the collected foodstuffs and selected a sandwich to begin munching on as she went looking for the bounty info Tavin had spoken of. She could not see how... unless it was the Marks folder from earlier. Which would make some degree of sense. More than most of the things that happened around here.

Swallowing, she spoke again. "We should go to Yavin first to get rid of Cyrus's XJ, before the mass and drag shoots our fuel bill through the roof. After that, I dunno. Where in the Rim is this guy?"

Ridai
2009-10-26, 04:52 PM
"If you say so." Cyrus scratches his head. "The reason GLAVRA actually got strong enough to cause this kind of havoc is because the two are hard at work fixing the Sargasso because everytime you go and visit Calantha, it worsens quite a bit and the repair process powered GLAVRA in turn. If you could stop visiting Calantha at least for some time, the Sargasso can be fixed and things like GLAVRA going crazy probably won't happen again, in addition to the Sargasso not growing so large that it will someday engulf everything." The Jedi doesn't eat anything and just sips on the fluids given to him against the rads.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-28, 02:20 PM
@Frae'al: "The Helmet coms work on some.. uh resonance somethin or other we picked up from a race we fought on the rim, I'm not completely familiar with the science of em but they work at long range at no delay sorta like the holonet, but they're a millitary asset, so unless you wanna join the Mandalorians, not gonna happen. Though hey we can always use another bounty hunting infiltration specialist.:smallwink: Also I've just been informed a few of the weapon designers are having a competition to fix you up with a long ranged weapon of some sort... what you get for requesting a weapon from me on this ship, most of the Mandalorian empires leading experimental weapon designers are aboard, this should be interesting.."

@Cyrus: "I'll take that into consideration, but frankly I'd probably do more damage to the gallaxy if I didn't leave occasionally. .. though I'll TRY to make my trips less frequent and less damaging on the whole gallaxy.:smallsmile:"

RandomLunatic
2009-10-28, 04:52 PM
"The Helmet coms work on some.. uh resonance somethin or other we picked up from a race we fought on the rim, I'm not completely familiar with the science of em but they work at long range at no delay sorta like the holonet, but they're a millitary asset, so unless you wanna join the Mandalorians, not gonna happen.
Frae'al sighs. No, damnit, I was talking about the armor. I want to know how to use all the feature you put into it."

Also I've just been informed a few of the weapon designers are having a competition to fix you up with a long ranged weapon of some sort... what you get for requesting a weapon from me on this ship, most of the Mandalorian empires leading experimental weapon designers are aboard, this should be interesting.."
"Wow, I feel so special. I can hardly wait." And ofr once, she did not even sound sarcastic.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-10-31, 05:39 PM
"Again, Vetris can tell you all about how the armor works, it's not too dissimilar to our standard begginers armor training rig, which she should recognize:smallwink:. As to the competition, that will likely be in the morning.. I'll let my lil sister handle the preliminary judging, you can pick from the finalists.

Though you guys should get some rest and relax for awhile, feel free to discuss your options, you can leave when the medics say so. The holoscreen here is pretty nice if you can agree on a station. I'll be around, have Vetris call for anything else that might come up."

Mandalore leaves and the medical technicians seem content to let you rest and eat.

Ridai
2009-11-01, 01:36 PM
"As much as I'd like to focus on the station, doing the jobs and gearing up might be necessary before further exploration of the station might be necessary. Had my share of fights in the past few days, so I'd prefer to do the delivery and tracking the archeologist down first. Got a few things to do on Yavin, too." Cyrus just rests and meditates on what happened in the past days and what effect they had on him. Stardancer's and Voidflame's presence produces an abnormal amount of Force-sensitive people on this station and judging by how dramatically his ability to sense the Force's currents has improved, it also seems to strengthen him.

Cyrus wonders how the masters will react upon hearing about the station and what has happened, as well as him now having an apprentice. He had been offered to train young order members before, but turned them down because he didn't feel that he was up to the task. Now there is no way around it, he will have to guide Zayt and at least teach him enough to control his powers and use them responsibly, in case he doesn't want to join the order.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-01, 03:45 PM
"Be sure to advise the contestants I'm left-handed," Frae'al tells the retreating General. "I wouldn't want anybody to be DQed for something stupid like that."

I was afraid he'd say that, she thought when Cyrus spoke. In all likelihood, it would lead to more "I don't know what's going on," while Frae'al could only pull her fur out in frustration. Still, Yavin was almost the exact opposite direction of the bounties listed. "I suppose," she said.

She also tried to get the Mandalorians to drop her off near the bazaare-she had some shopping to do.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-01, 06:33 PM
Looking at the door.. it doesn't look likely that the medics are going to let you go before they are satisfied that you are healthy. Apparently Mandalore telling you to rest for a day is taken as a serious order around here.

OOC: You can talk more in character.. if you wish to fast forward the day however feel free, the medics will however stop you from leaving even surreptitiously until the next day, so they can ensure your bodies are recovered from the radiation poisoning. For reference with the treatment of the medics everyone will be at full HP and well fed by the time you leave. Though this is your chance to snoop around the Mandalorian's holochannels if you want... also talking with any of the NPC's that weren't the scientists is an option. For reference Elena is just tired, Zayt is worried and Crosis is sullen.

The next day you will recieve an escort off the ship, (and Frae'al had a appointment to go to to be the final judge of a weapon tech competition apparently:smallbiggrin: theoretically everyone could go... after leaving the ship there is literally a single empty docking bay between you and your ship, so feel free to comence whatever the next days plans are if your not attending the "event".

Oh and theoretically GLAVRA is stil floating outside the station, waiting to be dealt with, if you don't want to leave it to the gentle mercies of the mandalorians...

RandomLunatic
2009-11-03, 10:50 PM
Frae'al asks Vetris to show her how to operate the armor's more esoteric faetures.

At soem point during the lesson, at which point they a presumably off in a corner by themselves to avoid disturbing others, Frae'al says softly so that only Vetris can hear, "Crosis is on a ship populated by those he hates most. We need to keep an eye on him tonight. If you take first wathc and wake me halfway through, I'll take the second."

Ridai
2009-11-04, 12:43 AM
Cyrus spends the rest of the time meditating or helping Zayt get a grip on his powers (and teach him a thing or two about the Force, the dark side and why he has to use his powers responsibly).

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-06, 01:55 AM
Time passes. Vetris helps explain all the options on Frae'al's new armor. Cyrus spends some time teaching Zayt, Everyone gets some rest and by the morning everyone is feeling much better.

Crossis, seemingly giving in to his fate watches the Holo for several hours, watching some sort of fighting ring program untill he passes out.

After resting you are awakened the next day by several mandalorian guardsmen who say they are there to escort you to the testing range, or off the ship as is your decision.

Vetris, Crosis and Elena choose along with anyone else who wants heads off to the Crimson Starlight. Arriving at the ship you find That the ship appears to be ready to leave, though there is a notable mess opposite the ship.. signs of a massive conflict of some sort, badly scorched walls that indicate use of high explosives... melted wreckage consistant with a small army of droids liters the area. Cyrus's XJ X-wing is alrady prepped, though not attached yet, and everything appears to be in order. Amira and Bouda are there, though there is a distinct lack of any Bothan pilots.

Those choosing to go to the testing facility.. You walk for what must be several kilometers, noting the massive amounts of space within the ship. Hallways not much bigger than what you find on far smaller ships strech out, few rooms off the corridor you are in add to the illusion of endless tunnels. finally reaching your destination, you are guided into a massive chamber. A weapon range and armory, housing several hundred Mandalorians and enough armaments to equip an army 10 times that large. Everyone stops to note your arrival, and you are guided to the center of the range where two weapons are set up. Mandalore is there as is Commander Sayala. Mandalore gestures to the two weapons. "These are the finalists, the Mercatur SS77 and the Ebonfire 288, test em out and let's get this contest decided. though BOTH finalists are going to see production, everyone is interested what the target audience prefers.

The weapons appear to both be approximately the size of a large blaster rifle, heavy and durable looking. The Mercatur is a steely looking contraption with a panel of blinking lights, the Ebonfire is a matt black compact menacing looking weapon.

There are an assortment of holographic targets to choose from... simulating a much greater range than is available on the ship. The collected weaponsmiths hush as you approach the weapons and everything goes quiet.

Ridai
2009-11-06, 07:25 AM
"Can you tell Tavin that I'm interested in what he has to offer and would like some more information about it? I'll go prep the ship, maybe R2-X1 is back to normal so we can use him for the Hyperspace jumps. Have fun." Cyrus leaves the ship with the others. Once they are back in their hangar bay, he reactivates R2-X1 and runs several thorough tests to see if his behavior is back to normal. There is still some stuff to do, like deciding who sleeps where (the Jedi can just trance, so he doesn't need a bed), see if everything is configured properly, the XJ-Wing still has to be attached etc. GLAVRA floats somewhere out there, too, and Cyrus will have to find a solution that doesn't involve it being destroyed by the Mandalorians.

Still, all of this doesn't involve getting caught in detonation radii or having to deal with walls of blaster fire, which is a good thing.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-06, 01:07 PM
Turning to address the collected Mandalorian, Frae'al says, "Now before we get to the fun part and perforate some holographic targets, I'd like a designer for each of the weapons to step forward and tell me why I should declare them the winner. Then we'll put their claims to the test," smiling a toothy smile as she finished.

After the sales pitches, she announced the rules. "Testing will be done in ten-round groups fired from a cold barrel. One group will be fired from each weapon for each the standing, kneeling, and prone positions, and then the procedure repeated. One such set will be fired at each five, ten, and fifteen hectometers*. The order will be randomized prior to each pair of groupings."

Frae'al produced a decicred peice. "Heads, we start with the Ebonfire," she announced, flipping the coin into the air...

*-1 Hectometer=100 Meters

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-09, 01:51 PM
@Frae'al: The designers have little to say, leaving the persuasion to their designs effectiveness.

The Ebonfire was designed with stealth and recon in mind, a solid long range sniper style weapon, no bigger than a carbine. folding stock and snap out tripod bracing allows for more stable shots at long range, but it also makes a serviceable blaster in close. Most power and ammo issues will be familiar and compatible with standard blaster technology.(according to the designer)
The Mercatur, which by crowd reaction is the favorite, was built upon a simple design philosophy, maximum damage and accuracy at extreme range. With only a 3 round magazine, and large specially built tungsten/cadmium projectiles for maximum acceleration and mass, it can be used in the field with less optimal ordnance, accelerating anything with metallic magnetic characteristics to GREAT speed and distance. This one requires a proficiency in projectile weapons, so you'll be a bit awkward with it.

Testing them you immediately notice the difference, the Ebonfire uses a thin purplish black blaster like plasma projectile, that has a slight fall off in accuracy with range, but is still quite impressive, burning needle thin holes in targets at full range. The Mercatur is shockingly powerful and seems to be at nearly point blank range over the distances you are testing at. However the sonic boom accompanying it's fire is somewhat distracting. The kinetic damage it inflicts is also very impressive. Awkward and loud, it nevertheless offers hover tank busting firepower at ridiculous ranges

@Cyrus. R2 X-1 seems to be a little snipy and upset about being turned off, but otherwise is fully functional. Vetris relays the information and tells you that she has been ordered to go and pick up the holocron for you.

@Vetris: Relaying Cyrus's information results in your being ordered back to the flagship to pick up the Holocron and "stuff". Mandalore also would like a few words with you about your continuing mission.

Elven-Ginsu
2009-11-11, 02:13 PM
Guess I'm running errands for people and giving Frae'al more tips about her armor."You know Frae'al the Mandalorians are always recruiting, You'd be a great asset. ":smallbiggrin:

RandomLunatic
2009-11-11, 05:28 PM
"Thanks for the offer, but I'm really not a fan of fighting." Plus, I already made that mistake once before.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-16, 02:15 PM
@Frae'al: The Mandalorians look to Frae'al to choose one of the weapons. Mandalore seems somewhat bored with the thoroughness of Frae'al's testing methodology, but stays there having a conversation with several of the weapon designers.

@Vetris: You get back to the Mandalorian command ship only to be met by a short old silver haired man noticeably not in armor. He is dressed in silvery robes, but oddly enough he has an old styled flight jacket on that looks like it's been through several wars. "The holocron and payment for Cyrus, Tavin is regrettably busy playing with guns :smallamused: " He says as he hands you a green cubic crystal and a smaller metallic orange diamond like crystal to you.

@Cyrus: Celeb asks you "So anything else we need to take care of before leaving? We have the whole evil GLAVRA thing to deal with still.. but everything else appears to be in order.. right?"

RandomLunatic
2009-11-17, 01:52 PM
"well, you certainly know how to make this a hard decision. But, I'm going to go with the Mercatur," Frae'al said after firing the last shot, making a mental note to find a guide to sniping with ballistic weapons somewhere on the HoloNet.

Ridai
2009-11-17, 05:07 PM
"What happens on this station could have grave consequences for the galaxy as a whole, so I'm not sure if you could say things are in order, but at least the most immediate problems have been solved for now. Still, lots of preparation ahead of us." Cyrus sighs. He'll have to improve a lot in every way very fast and hopes to find guidance back on Yavin. "I have a bad feeling about this."

Elven-Ginsu
2009-11-18, 01:32 AM
Vetris looks around for Cyrus. After finding him hands himm the holocron and crystal. "Here payment from Tavin."

Ridai
2009-11-18, 06:35 AM
Cyrus raises an eyebrow in surprise as Vetris gives him the crystals. "Thanks." The Jedi puts the holocron safely away and examines the orange crystal. "I guess Tavin isn't a fan of actually giving a general description or waiting for someone's decision. Let's hope this thing is as useful as he claims it to be."

Cyrus is a bit wary about the orange crystal, thoroughly analyzing it through the Force first. He first makes sure everything on the Crimson Starlight is ready and that the XJ is in place before he thinks about how to best fit the crystal into his lightsaber and attuning it.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-21, 03:02 PM
@Cyrus: The orange crystal has a fascinating harmony with the force, wrapping you in a field of some kind as you probe it. You sense yourself through it, like reaching out to it magnifies and rediricts your senses.. though reflecting only yourself. You find yourself oddly eager to see what that would do if put into a light saber. It is obviosly cut perfectly to be used as a focusing crystal. In fact you sense it's been used as one before.. for a very long time.. many users.. alot of history there.

@Vetris and Frae'al: You find yourselves back in the docking bay with the Crimson Starlight just a few minutes later. Having finished up your brief foray into the mandalorian flag ship. Cyrus seems oddly enchanted with a small orange crystal, and the Crimson starlight appears ready for launch.

@Frae'al: You are additionally pulling a small load of ammo the weaponsmiths made for your new toy, they had to lend you a hovercart, as it weighs over 200 pounds, the good news is you don't have to worry about ammo for the Mercatur anytime soon. 500 individual pieces of ammo for it, ready to be loaded.. definately don't want to bring them all with you though as they're almost a pound each weight wise.

Ridai
2009-11-21, 04:51 PM
Cyrus snaps out of it when he realizes how much the crystal affects him. He turns it between his fingers for a moment and decides to put it away. "That's an awful lot of responsibility." And then actually does as he decided to do.

Cyrus gets aboard the Crimson Starlight and prepares for take-off. Still got to sort everything concerning GLAVRA out.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-21, 10:53 PM
"Would you give me hand unloading all this?" Frae'al asks Vetris. After getting all the ammo taken care of, she heads up to the cockpit.

"Do you really think I'll be needed for this? 'Cuz there's some stuff I need ot take care of on the station before we head out, and if I do that while you're getting GLAVRA, we can get out of this crazy place faster."

Ridai
2009-11-22, 06:07 AM
"Alright. Now I'll just have to figure out what to exactly do with GLAVRA." After everyone who needs to take care something on the station left the ship, Cyrus starts the engine and pilots it to where GLAVRA currently is.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-23, 02:38 PM
@Cyrus: You pilot the ship out the lock. As you do you note several things.. That the coordinates for GLAVRA are sent to you as soon as you clear the field over the docking bay. And that the ship sending you the coordinates is a massive shadow on your right that stretches literally for miles. The unmistakable outline of an Executor class Super Star Destroyer, apparently the large ship you were just on, just a docking bay over.

R2-X1 pulls up a display allowing you to easily locate the small object by it's coordinates. As you approach you note it looks like little more than an extra large escape pod. No signs of armament or propulsion of any kind, a single airlock on the end of it's cylindrical frame, with a few other strange dishes and communication arrays. Your astromech pips that it has life support so once you connect you can just walk over. Connecting to it proves moderately challenging, as you are unfamiliar with the Crimson Starlights controls, but you manage without incident, once more with some help from the astromech.

@Frae'al and Vetris OOC: OK what are you guys up to?

Ridai
2009-11-23, 04:31 PM
Let's take a look then. Cyrus enters the pod harboring GLAVRA.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-24, 04:35 PM
@Frae'al and Vetris OOC: OK what are you guys up to?
Wouldn't you like to know?:smallamused:

J/K, J/K

Frae'al heads to the bazaar to get paint. Paint in a dark shade of gray, almost black, sometimes known technically as "Low-Visibility Gray". Because building a needler to take targets down quietly and then painting it in bright, attention-grabbing colors visible from orbit was defeating the entire point of the exercise. She also got primer too.*

Shopping done, she then placed a call to the Station Manager. "Sorry to bother you, but if you can spare Asyr Dan'kar for a bit, I need to speak with him. I shouldn't need more than 5 minutes."

((*-Haggling: Take 10 on Diplomacy for 18.))

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-27, 05:24 AM
@Cyrus: Entering the "pod" for you can't bring yourself to consider it a true ship considering it's size is somewhat eerie. The metal mesh floor and simple spartan construction of what amounts to an airlock and a single control room beyond beckons. The airlock opens at your approach and stale air wafts out, devoid of any organic scent, but still smelling acrid, like burnt wiring. Looking around the interior you see a few boxes mounted on the walls.. likely housing life support and a generator of a variety you can't begin to guess at. In the middle of the room however the "occupant" of the room, a coffin sized metal box dominates the space. Controls looking like a smaller version of the crystal screens you saw earlier sit atop the box. A slight hum of power in the air, having little to do with the machines in the room is the only sound. Though you get a strong feeling of apprehension and an almost certain feeling that there is something alive in the box, alive and connected to the force.

@Frae'al: You easily find some plain Gray paint of the variety you sought at the Bizarre, costing a small fortune before you start haggling you manage to get it down to something more reasonable. (50 credits for a single bucket.. still expensive though not the total rip off he started at)

Contacting the Station Manager you are unsurprised when she immediately answers "What do you require of Asyr, I believe he might be busy.. though I imagine I could contact him if it's personal, though frankly it's more likely you need some information, which I can frankly get you myself, for free in exchange for your consideration of a job offer, I could use a consultant of your skills aboard, I guarantee higher pay than most comperable jobs, interesting issues and competant backup, without having to deal with the niceties and laws common on many worlds.. just think about it."

Ridai
2009-11-27, 07:46 AM
Cyrus goes to check the controls to see what options it offers as well if he can communicate with GLAVRA that way. He touches one of them and thinks: I'm not here to harm you, I'm here to talk about your future.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-27, 11:43 AM
"I will consider it," Frae'al said. "But it's a personal matter I need to speak to Asyr about." Which is why I specifically asked for him in the first place, She added silently.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-27, 03:32 PM
@Cyrus: Placing your hand NEAR the panel seems to be more than adequate for communication, as you get an immediate sense of resignation and doubt with the mental communication

"If you are here to kill me I only ask you make it quick.. and warn you not to trust that abomination of the force, it is a force of elemental destruction, not a man as it looks, The Galaxy needs to be warned of the danger it poses to us all. My controls can deactivate my energy feeds, which will lead to a slow painful death if that is what you prefer."

Placing your hand actually on the panel seems to bring up any number of options, which though you don't read the output strangely enough you seem to be able to intuit what they mean.

Shutting down GLAVRA, maintenance and reactivation are all possible. As is access to the core unit and the unit's removal from it's enclosure. With but a stray thought you read the unit's condition and see that it is far from at peak performance according to the guidelines set on it by it's creators. The red bars indicating a far from healthy mental state are beside others that indicate it is still following it's core programming.

@Frae'al: There is a pause in your communication and a few moments later..

OOC Hanging upside down on a ledge a small figure stops what it is doing to crouch upside down and hold it's position. It tilts it's head in question and a moment later..

"Frae'al.. um I am a tad busy right now. I assume it must be important. What is the range on these darn communicators anyway? In any case go ahead."

Ridai
2009-11-27, 04:26 PM
Again, I'm not here to kill you and I'm aware of the being that is part of Mandalore. It needs to be stopped. The question is how. Cyrus stops for a moment. Are you aware that your masters aren't on this station anymore?

RandomLunatic
2009-11-28, 12:53 AM
"Sorry. I'll make it quick. The Crimson Starlight's officially registered to you, but you're going to be staying here for the forseeable future. Can you see what difficulties this arrangement might cause?

"Now, I'm not asking you to just fork it over-how much was the registration fee? A hundred creds? I'll buy it off you."

Narthlotep
2009-11-28, 06:52 AM
I'm back until the 29th.. otherwise this is a freak posting... So where in the multiverse is Asyr hiding out on roofs?Techinally, the whole lot of us are listed as owners. If there's any legal entaglements, just tell them that i'm a silent partner in a very low-key transportation buisness. By the time you get anywhere near civilization the records will say that. So, just don't forget that I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere if I eventually need a ride.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-29, 01:10 AM
"Right. Well, it's your call..." Frae'al said, souding dubious.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-11-29, 10:09 PM
@Asyr: Holy crap hows it going? Sorry for the slow response.. I've got less internet access at work than I'd like at work.. which cuts down my time online considerably. For reference I figure the station master has Asyr doing some recon for future research projects having to do with the origins of the station.. meaning you somehow got to a strange planet named "Avalon" 1/8th of the way across the Galaxy.. transported much the same way Kell got to Yavin.. Any clue when you'll have internet access again.. after basic etc I'm guessing... in any case nice hearing from you, the game will hopefully be here when you come back.:smallwink:

@Cyrus: "I realize my predicament, More time has passed than I could originally have guessed.. I was perhaps a bit confused and disoriented, though YOU ARE those I was entrusted to protect, at least you are their ancestors.... The being cannot be stopped with physical force.. I see that now. It simply adapts, getting stronger, pulling in more power as it needs it. I will give it's method of defeat what thought I can but it certainly won't be easy. If you are not to kill me do you intend to take me with you? I could perhaps be separated and removed.. though it would take a considerable amount of work to transfer my life support and my capabilities would be much reduced without access to the Hyperspace antennae this pod connects to. Though i would be able to advise you somewhat and continue my original goal, keeping safe those descended from my makers."

Ridai
2009-11-30, 04:39 PM
Me and my companions will have to keep you a secret and we'll have to figure out what measures might be necessary to avoid your detection. Just so you know, I don't want to harm Mandalore, I only want to stop the being granting him it's power before it can endanger even more people. So, what needs to be done to get you out of here?

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-01, 01:25 PM
@Cyrus: "My transport will require a droid or lift capable of lifting approximately 12 times your weight to carry me and my life support gear. I can intruct you in how to safely dismantle my housing. I am unsure but I believethe being possessing this Mandalore is indeed part of him, I'm unsure if any parting can be accomplished, but for saving me I will at least help in any way I can. Though I begin to suspect if he has a weaknes it is not in the realm of violence."

Ridai
2009-12-02, 09:24 AM
Alright. I'll have to go back to the station to get suitable equipment to get you out of here, I'll be back shortly. Just as a heads up, a Mandalorian is travelling with us, so we'll have to keep quiet about finding a solution for handling that being around her.

Cyrus goes back into the Crimson Starlight. If the pod can be reasonably taken into the dock, he does so, if not, he leaves GLAVRA where he found it for now. On the way back, he contacts Frae'al. "Frae'al, I'll need a labor droid capable of lifting a bit over a ton for a short time. Can you keep an eye out for that? I'm on the way back to the station and then to the Bizarre right now."

RandomLunatic
2009-12-02, 11:04 AM
"Oh, hang on Asyr, I got a comm on the other line," Frae'al said, switching over. "Okay," she told Cyrus. "What do you need it for?"

Ridai
2009-12-02, 11:57 AM
"I'm going to get GLAVRA out of it's pod. Apparently we're it's creators' descendants, getting ejected cleared it's thoughts and it agreed to help us in any way it can. Way better than just blowing it to bits, I guess."

RandomLunatic
2009-12-03, 01:56 AM
"Really? You still out in space with that or have you dragged it back to the docking bay yet?"

Ridai
2009-12-03, 02:36 AM
"Currently in space but on the way back. Got to guesstimate if I can reasonably get the pod in there without breaking something on it or the ship first."

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-03, 11:50 PM
@Cyrus: You are reasonably sure the boarding clamp would not hold under full gravity.. so you'd be safer leaving it in space for now.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-04, 03:07 AM
"If you're still in space, then you can save some time and money by dialing the artificial gravity down to, oh, .35 Gs and picking it up. Between the four of you, it should be doable." Frae'al was silent for a moment in contmeplation. "Blast, if you guys want to be really lazy, I bet you could turn the grav off and push it around with the Force. Just remember momentum's keyed off mass, 'kay?" Of course, anybody who had taken a physics class ever knew that. But with the potential consquences of a one-ton mass flying around in microgravity, it was worth mentioning.

Ridai
2009-12-04, 06:48 AM
"I'll try that, gotta look through the ship's systems first. I'll comm you once we have a result." Cyrus ends the call and begins to search through the systems for where he can regulate the artificial gravity. He then gets whoever is also aboard the ship as well as R2-X1 to the airlock, telling them he needs their help with getting GLAVRA through it onto the ship. After dialing down the gravity to about .2G, he goes back to GLAVRA and asks it for the necessary steps to get it out of it's casing.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-05, 11:31 PM
@Cyrus: Sustaining nothing more than a few weird looks and getting some help from your astromech, Amira, Bouda and Eris, you have little dificulty getting GLAVRA out by following it's several steps for detachment.

As the final cover is undone it lifts off to reveal a green glowing light into the now dark room (It was apparently easier to just shut everything down than find the specific gravity controls on the Pod) Pale green radience eminating off a huge matrix of green brain like material in a biological tub weighing just over 800 pounds (by Eris's math). It is lifted and pushed into the adjoining ship, where Eris had thoughfully dialed down the gravity as well. Placing it in the back of the tiny cargo hold Eris even thoughtfully reattaches the crystal screen, and reattaches some metal into a cover, hiding the creepy big glowy pile of goo under a clean durasteel case.

@Frae'al: You encounter all manner of odd beings and "things" in the Bizarre. Looking for anything else in particular before heading back?

RandomLunatic
2009-12-06, 01:07 AM
Binders and/or Stun Cuffs if they are not obnoxiously overpriced.

Frae'al went back to Bay 505, and while waiting for the Starlight's return, started collecting the the major pieces of wreckage left over from the battle that had taken place in the hangar and placing them in one of the crates left over form the part deliveries. She would salvage the valuable parts and the rest...she could find uses for.

Ridai
2009-12-06, 04:53 AM
Alright, here you are.

Cyrus comms Frae'al. "It worked, we are on the way back now." He disconnects the pod from the Starlight and steers it back into the docking bay.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-10, 12:50 AM
@Cyrus: Landing without problem, You are back in the landing bay. The ship once more secured.

@Frae'al: Picking up some simple restraints proves simple given the variety at the Bizarre, finding them reasonably priced and functional proves more challenging. Basically a Streetwise check (DC 20) to get standard out of the book prices, or a repair check later (DC 20) to fix the "slightly used" versions would both get you them at standard prices, both checks get you a 30% discount.

@Vetris: You continue your vigilant watch of the Hanger bay. The Ship comes back in and Frae'al returns from her shopping trip. A moderately confused Asyr also returns, led by hurrying Mandalore, who leaves him there.

@Asyr: Welcome back, and You were brought back via the same method Kell took to get to Yavin, so a bit of confusion on your part may be in order. For reference "Avalon" is a planet with an ancient once very advanced civilization now in ruins and terrifyingly big predators (which you avoided) apparently the Mandalorians wanted you to do some recon and match up the planet and the station timeline wise by taking samples for comparison. You recieved a half dozen Thermal detonators for your time.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-10, 05:56 PM
Going to Take 10 on the Streetwise check for 20, and buy a half-dozen pairs of binders used. 6x50x.7=210.

Ridai
2009-12-11, 11:51 AM
Cyrus waits for everyone to be ready, so they can leave the station. He plans to attune and put the crystal he got into his lightsaber on the way to Yavin.

Narthlotep
2009-12-11, 08:27 PM
Asyr stows his gear in preperation of leaving the station, then starts on preflight checks.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-12, 02:26 AM
Frae'al quickly got her things aboard and secured for launch. Then she retreats to the engine room during the departure to monitor the their performance. Of course, they should be fine, but life seldom cared for what should be. Especially around here.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-13, 08:39 PM
@Everyone: You gets ready to depart, final checks are made and unless anyone has any last minute objections you launch from the station. Getting permission to leave takes a few minutes, and you end up waiting in a que for exit from the station's large and very slow to open shield.

Once outside the protection of the station's "shield" you find that your vessel's own debris shields are indeede functional, as you have to push through a loose wall of dust, small particles and assorted trash to get to open space.

Once in the clear you can't help but be slightly impressed by the shear size of the debris field, the small moon of a station is barely visable within the cloud of detritus, and the cloud stretches irregularly for almost as far as the sensors can scan. Several planets worth of mass, mostly in very small pieces, but with some chuncks over a mile longdrifting aimlessly in deep space, slowly being pulled togeather by mutual gravity.

Double checking that you are clear you see that the strange gravity signature of the "Hyperspace Sargasso" is currently not detectable.

All you have to do is set a course and jump to hyperspace. OOC: astrogation check and select a destination. The astromech can take a 10 if noone wants to get risky, but it will be taking the long slow route for safety reasons.

Narthlotep
2009-12-13, 09:09 PM
Over the ship's intercom, Asyr asks: So where are we off to? Is it still Yavin first or does anyone have a more pressing place to go to?

Sorry to burst the astromech's bubble, but Asyr will do the astrogation, unless anyone objects. Even taking 10, I'd get a 27 on the check, which is generally good enough to get from point A to B... Assuming that no one decides to be annyoing and decide to try and go to the deep core, I'll start calculating a series of jumps to Yavin IV.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-13, 10:18 PM
"Not me," Frae'al responded. Let's ditch this holocron already."

Once in hyperspace, Frae'al was quick to co-opt an unoccupied section of the ship for use as a workshop. The first order of business was the strip and repaitn the needlers in a color scheme more agreeable with a stealthy takedown. Then the binders needed to be fixed...

...and then possibly a couple other things, depending on how much time I get. Taking 10 for 31 on repair checks.

Ridai
2009-12-14, 04:53 PM
Being who he is, Cyrus doesn't really have to answer that question and instead focuses on attuning and installing the orange crystal.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-20, 06:37 PM
@Frae'al: You manage to get the corner of the cargo bay set up reasonably well, though it's no honest workshop it will do for your needs. Resurfacing and making cosmetic changes to some of your weaponry takes little time, though the Mercatur gives you some problems as whatever material it's made from seems to resist paint and liquids from sticking to it, managing to cover it with some adhesive and then paint it leaves you wondering if the lack of color, paint or decoration means the outer material is important to the weapon's function. The binders prove to be easy, though boring and tedious work.

@Cyrus: The Orange crystal feels strangely "right" as you place it in the lightsaber. As you complete it's assembly there is a strange feeling of something happening before you can test it. Immeadiatly Zayt pokes his head out of his room and asks what just happened. He is shortly followed by a curious Elena, Amira and even Crosis and Bouda make a point to walk past as if sensing something subconsciously. When asked none of them know what they sensed, though it's clear they felt something. Elena states it most clearly as she tells you "It was like that sense of something big happening, like destiny or something of importance, like suspense being lifted, like finding out who did it in a mystery or some breakthrough. Strange I don't feel it anymore though.. just for an instant there."

Elena alone stays to see what the lightsaber looks like though, everyone else scatters as soon as it's clear nothing is going on.

@Everyone: The trip lasts approximately one week, feel free to use the downtime, or just let your character relax a bit:smallbiggrin:. Any actions or anything else you want to have accomplished, if not major can be assumed, if in doubt you can check via the OOC thread.

You arrive slightly ahead of schedule. Dropping out of hyperspace the ship appears to be running smoothly.

The Yavin System consisting of, The Sun, distant lifeless planets, The Gas giant Yavin itself and it's moon(s). Orbiting around Yavin IV a New Republic space station, along with a small fleet of frigates, corvettes and what looks like a small, narrow keeled Star destroyer... . A few moments after entering the system a queery from the space station asks for your ship to identify itself.

Ridai
2009-12-21, 05:30 PM
Cyrus raises his eyebrows in surprise and looks down onto his lightsaber. More ambitious Force-users might see this as a great opportunity. Cyrus sees a powerful object to be used with great caution. "There definately is a reason why responsibility and self-restraint are integral to the teachings of the Jedi." After breathing out slowly, he ignites the lightsaber and explores it's basic handling and capabilities.

Narthlotep
2009-12-22, 08:53 PM
-:OOC:- Sorry if this messes with continuity, but seeing as I'm most likely the designated pilot, I'll answer the new republic query.

New Republic forces, this is the independent freighter Crimson Starlight. We wish permission to land, we are transmitting IFF codes now. Asyr comms to the NRN station, along with the registry codes, manifest, and passenger listing.

over the ship-wide com system; We are at the Yavin system, and I'm sending all the pertinent documentation to the NRN. We should get landing clearance soon.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-24, 01:08 AM
@Asyr: After a moment the Response from the station comes through.

"Crimson Starlight you have permission to dock, you are cleared to dock with the station or land on planet at the Jedi Praxeum docking beacon. Welcome to Yavin Four."

@Cyrus: technically you did this a bit earlier.. but anyway...

The Lightsaber hums to life, a brilliant deep bronze metallic color. The blade itself seems otherwise normal visually, but something feels different, smoother, in touch with the force. Pushing your feelings out through the blade seems easier, quicker, more responsive with less effort. Almost effortlesly and without thought you find the blade going through your usual practice forms with ease as though it allows you to better focus.. opening you up to the force more directly than usual.

Basically your costs to use force powers are halved while wielding the crystal and it provides you with a bonus on enhance senses, See force and enhance attribute(+4). It also gives you a +3 bonus to hit with it.(but not damage)

Ridai
2009-12-24, 04:59 AM
Cyrus asks Amira and Crosis to wait on the ship at first to avoid any unpleasant surprises when they land at the Jedi Praxeum, provided they want to go into there. He will have a lot to report and explain as is, so it's best if he asks his superiors if they allow them to even walk around in the more "public" parts of the Praxeum.

Zayt will be able to see how the Jedi live for the first time and learn more about what it means to be one, so he can decide for himself if that is the path he wants to take.

Just "how dark side" are Amira and Crosis? Judging by her character sheet, Amira seems to only have a light taint (1 DSP) even though the Dark Jedi teachings are still more or less in place.

And holy omfgwtf lightsaber crystal, Batman!

Narthlotep
2009-12-24, 11:15 AM
Over the ship-wide com equipment, Asyr asks, "We have permission to either dock at the new republic naval station or land at the Praxeum. Personally, I don't care where I land, but I'm thinking that not being on a station would be a nice change of pace. Does anyone object to me taking us down to the surface?

Provided no one decides to object, Asyr starts landing procedures.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-24, 12:23 PM
Frae'al does not object. What she does do is seek out Cyrus and give him a set of datacards. "Here. I copied everything I got off the nutcase's computer. I don't know how much it'll help you, but..." She shrugged.

That done, she went to find Vetris. "Do those comms you use allow you to get in touch with Eclipse Station form here?"

Ridai
2009-12-24, 03:58 PM
"Thanks, these should come in handy.", Cyrus answers as he accepts the datacards. He doesn't object either when he hears what Asyr has to say.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-24, 05:19 PM
"Do you guys, the Order I mean, let outsiders go through their archives? Because GLAVRA asked about what became of Eclipse's builders. Of course, I didn't know anything for the time frame given-one half to three quarters of a billion years ago, but I said I'd look."

Ridai
2009-12-25, 05:15 AM
"I'll mention it during my report to avoid any confusion, but it shouldn't be a problem once the Order knows about Eclipse Station and what is going on there. I'll get you the information myself if I have to."

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-26, 09:32 PM
@Frae'al: You don't find Vetris on the ship.. apparently she decided (in and out of character) to remain behind. Of note however Asyr has one of the com-links in question...

@Cyrus: Amira and Elena are both in the tainted category, aside from some potential conflicts for personal views you doubt anyone would have a problem, given their backgrounds you think Luke will like getting a report on them before you let them wander around by themeselves, but frankly turning tainted jedi back to the light is one of his missions in life.

Crossis.. being an outright sith from a different discipline of teaching entirely might be a bit riskier. He's also further down the dark path (you would guess he's outright darkside or close to it) and not feeling very repentant by your (and Zayt's empathic abilities') judgement. Though he is a hard one to read...

Arriving on the landing platform of the Yavin Jedi Praxeum proves to be a bit more taxing than you would have thought. (or remembered) The Landing field has been expanded and small freighters of many types and descriptions, several wings of XJ-X-wings and an an assortment of other fighters seem to be busily loading and unloading people, equipment and supplies. Off to one side medium and small bulk freighters seem to be unloading a great deal of supplies and large construction equipment. The entrance to the academy looks busy with literally hundreds of people, many in the brown apprentice robes of jedi in training. A large number of New Republic millitary personel and contractors are also be present.

After you find a spot to land, and the boarding ramp lowers, a single bulky reptillian form in a Jedi intructor's uniform waits at the bottom of the ramp with his arms crossed.
"Cyrus what have you gotten yourself into.." he mutters darkly as he blocks anyone from leaving of the ship.

@Cyrus: Yes for reference you see your old master and combat instructor waiting at the bottom of the ramp, and that doesn't bode well. He's not last person you'd want to see, but you doubt he's here for a friendly chat either. Also from experience you know he's the 3rd last person at the academy you ever want to be in a serious fight with, only Kyle Katarn and Luke are better with a lightsaber.. Though you also know from experience he's not a bad guy and can be quite reasonable, mind you he also only fakes being the typical Barabel thug, he's actually remakably sharpwitted and very hard to fool.

Narthlotep
2009-12-26, 11:34 PM
Asyr asks Cyrus over his comlink: "Hey Cyrus, are we going to be here for long-term or not? Depending on how long everyone wants to wander about is going to determine how paranoid I'm going to be about locking down the ship."

Seeing the buzz of activity going on around the ship, Asyr powers down the engines and starts running a diagnostic on all systems. It's always been a good policy of mine to check everything, just to be sure that nothing unexpected will show up on the next takeoff.

Ridai
2009-12-27, 05:16 AM
Before landing: "Not very long-term, but with Crosis and GLAVRA onboard, some good safety measures are probably in order."

On the boarding ramp: "Something of perhaps intergalactic proportions, Master Sunderflame." The Jedi bows. "Something I believe Master Skywalker needs to hear about as soon as possible."

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-29, 12:30 PM
Master Sunderflame nods and says. "Thought as much when Master Skywalker told me to come down here and deal with whatever trouble he foresaw you bringing to us. He said he wouldn't be available for a bit with everything going on and to trust the force and my own judgement, which basically means you have to explain it to me first. So what's the crisis and how time sensitive is it?" He then adds. "There's been a Korsku nest of trouble here and to make matters worse the New Republic has gone out of their way to be helpful in the search for jedi candidates. Seems they finally figured out how to make bunches of those force detector thingies the Empire used to try to wipe out the Jedi and they started offering a reward for any found, gave em a free ride here and offered to help with the extra room we're gonna need. Problem is we just lost a few masters and there's not enough teachers to go around. Whenever we finish up with the crisis you brought us, we might need you to start helpin out, don't suppose your ready to take your master's test yet:smallamused:."

Ridai
2009-12-30, 08:47 AM
"Basically I stumbled upon an apparently more than half billion years old space station with a Force-based AI connected to a network similar to nervous system made of Force receptors through which it could control nano machines in such a way that Eclipse Station seemed almost like a living organism.

The crisis itself is the current Mandalore who we met there, who has some part of a dead god called Kad Ha'rangir within himself, who in turn did this to kill another god called Arasuum. Mandalore constantly visits his love interest, who apparently exists somewhere outside of reality, and distorts reality each time he does so, creating what is known as the Hyperspace Sargasso in and around the station that fried the XJ-Wing's hyperdrive and allowing me to have a chat with what amounts to the avatars of the light and dark side of the Force, as they put it, who are also the sources of most of this information. They are trying to fix the damage Mandalore causes in reality, Hyperspace and the Force, but if he doesn't stop, the Sargasso will grow until the damage might end up being irrepairable. Oh, and all Mandalorians are walking dead zones in the Force. So yeah, that's the problem in a nutshell. The Sith activity I ran into on the station is almost negligible compared to that.

We took the AI with us after we had to eject it from the station when it ran amok and after it had the chance to understand what is currently going on. As for the master's test, right now might be a good time because I probably won't be back for quite some time once I'll leave with the others again." And Cyrus didn't even mention close to everything that has happened on Eclipse Station.

Narthlotep
2009-12-30, 04:30 PM
Well, since Cyrus told me to have fun with security, fun I will have.

Once the diagnostics are complete, Asyr will start writing a security interlock program for the ship, in which if any access is forced or the door locks are tried more than 4 times within a 24 hour period without using the proper code, it would delete the drive controls, astrogation computer, targeting computer, and power management coding, along with sending a distress call to our com gear.
Yeah, who would believe it, the Bothan is paranoid. I'm going to take 10 on the computer use roll, for a grand total of 27 on the roll.

Over the com to Cyrus: "I'm getting on it. I hope you remember the access code to the hatch, because once we lock it, if anyone forces it, the ship is gonna be more or less worthless for a very long time. and in case you forgot the code, I'm going to send it as a data transfer to everyone's com gear."

Then once I finish the programming, I send the security code to our party via their com gear. The code is : 31891319151419201181198720 It's nothing more than the ship's name; Crimson Starlight with the letters replaced by numbers, run together into a nice, long string. Simple, but effective, considering the asininely huge number of different variations a 26 digit number can be.

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-31, 03:01 PM
Master Sunderflame looks at Cyrus a moment then steps towards him and raises his hand to your forehead, apparently checking your temperature. "Nope, Not Space sick.. that complicates matters. So basically weirdness having to do with the force, other dimensions, mandalorians and ancient stuff with a dash of Sith for flavor. Bottom line is what did you bring with you and how long can it wait. The AI sounds potentially dangerous, what else might you have brought with you. We're more than a bit pressed for people and time at the moment, seems the Empire is wanting to press matters and The New Republic is trying to millitarize us, while Luke is trying to keep us an independant organzation.. So what can we do about the immeadiate problems?"

"But funny you should mention mandalorians.. not too long ago I was fighting along side some of them that helped defend the academy while Luke was away, didn't seem like they were up to anything but trying to help out, they were traveling with a couple of Jedi, Masters Destry and Kell Risha and some Houk mercenaries. Mentioned that the vicious little Mandalorian woman leading them was gunna be the next Mandalore. I'm thinkin that might be related to your troubles now.. very interesting."

Ridai
2009-12-31, 05:17 PM
"Yes, we ran into Sayala and her temper, too. I guess that adds another potential problem to the evergrowing list. As for what I bring with me: a holocron from Mandalore he basically gave me so that the masters can take a look at it, visions of the Praxeum being attacked by the Empire and the capable people aboard this ship I worked with during the various investigations on the station, including, well, a Sith and an ex-Sith. As for what we can do, I honestly don't really know. The AI is currently looking for ways to get rid of the being connected to Mandalore, but apart from that, the days on the station have pretty much been a mess made of confusion and frustration. After we have taken care of a few other things, like searching for another Jedi in the Outer Rim and getting him to help with figuring out all those mysteries, we'll pretty much head back to Eclipse Station and try get some more insights about what is going on. I don't think there is any immediate danger, it's more like another lingering threat to the galaxy as a whole."

RandomLunatic
2009-12-31, 06:58 PM
Frae'al read the message, shook her head and muttered something under her breath about "defective Bothans". She headed up to the cockpit.

"Asyr," she said, "It does no good to lock and mag-seal the door if you leave the window open. Likewise, it doesn't matter what kind of security you have if you use a password a drunken Rodian can guess." Sentients' usage of the names of pets, relatives, or themselves as passwords was a problem which frustrated IT departments and delighted slicers the galaxy over. Frae'al's own password cracking program had an option which took any personal information known about the owner and tried those names in several different arrangements before trying to brute force the problem. The fact it worked often enough to merit its inclusion spoke volumes to the lazy and forgetful natures of beings everywhere...

"The ship's name is going to be the first or second thing they try. So you don't ever just use a name. You play with it. Like... take the first four letters from each word, and render them in base 13. For," reading off her datapad, "...thirty-one, fifty-nine, one-oh-one, sixty-one, seventy-one, fifteen*. What makes it nice is not only is 13 the base, but how many digits end up in the final product. So what else do you have set up here?"

*-Or 3159101617115 for those who do not understand nibblese.

Narthlotep
2009-12-31, 08:17 PM
Asyr hangs his head for a second, then looks up to where Frae'al is.

"Ok, you do indeed have a valid point. How about you come up with the doorlock passcode and I'll worry about coding the rest of my paranoid fantasy anti-shipjacker program. That way, we can be fairly sure of having this bucket of bolts for when we decide to exit. Do you have any more suggestions for making our ship not worth jacking?" Asyr asks. " That, and broadcasting the code is a guaranteed way for someone to get it. I'll hand-deliver the codes to everyone, provided we have enough flimsiplast around here to write it out. One more thing. Why did you hook up the AI to our ship? I just hope that GLAVRA can survive with no real power, as I'm going to do some preventive maintenance on the power supply, engines and power distribution systems."

RandomLunatic
2009-12-31, 10:03 PM
Taking the questiosn out of order, Frae'al explained, "I hooked GLAVRA into the ship because in my fantasy, I like the idea of getting the benefits of slave rigging with far more intelligence than any slave-rig system on the market, and none of the vulnerability.*" Leaning around Asyr, she asks, "Can I see?

"Hmmm...you're thorough, that's for sure. But I'm not sure I like the idea of somebody being able to walk up and ground us for hours or even days with a few keystrokes." This, of course, was the classic problem with any form of security-the more secure you made it, the less convienent it was to the intended user. The art was in finding the right balance of the two. "What if we just wiped the navicomputer, and set it to blow the power couplings when it goes into lockdown while setting the diagnostics to display all green while in lockdown? That keeps the theives from getting anywhere far without grounding the thing totally, or for days."

*-Of course, in time, we may be forced to rename the Crimson Starlight as the Corellian Engineering Ten Thousand, or CETT.

Narthlotep
2010-01-01, 02:13 AM
Moving to one side to let Frae'al have a better look, Asyr starts his defense of how he wrote his security program.
"Devious, very devious. However, with the way I have it written right now, all it would take is a bunch of time rewriting the code, not have to rewrite code and replace power couplings. That, and the fact that our diagnostic equipment is little more than an bank of elaborated continuity testers wired into all the systems in series. At best we would could install a battery backup on the board, and divorce it from the system it's supposed to monitor."

Asyr sighs, then continues. "The only part of the diagnostic board that we could even somewhat gimmick to do what you propose would be the atmosphere detectors. All anyone really ever looks at on those is the pressure reading anyways. We could rig a small charge to poke a hole through the hulls and have the atmosphere sensors within their own sealed environment. All that would take are some personal breathers and thin transparent plastic to cover the sensors and hold an atmosphere, along with a very small shaped charge and detonator.

And if your main concern is that they can ground us so easily, then we can always copy the code that would be deleted, and either hide it in some horribly arbitrary place within the ship's computer, or on our persons through datapad memory cards, then it is a simple copy-and-paste job to fix what our security program deletes. Hell we could even have GLAVRA look after a copy."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-01, 03:52 AM
@Frae'al and Asyr: Text that noone has input starts scrolling accross the screen.

"I am still getting to know your security protocols. However it seems that your simple system is rather easy to interface with. I would suggest using me to aid in securing the ship as I can identify you all telepathically and manipulate the consoles to read anything I want. The controls seem easy enough to use. Though I will need some practice before I will be any good at flying or using the weapon's systems. This may save you from having to worry about the ship's safety at least, I will work on other contingencies, though your ideas are welcome as you are more familiar with the current technologies than myself. Also I generate more than enough power to run myself, so power requirements are not an issue."

@Cyrus: "Pretty sure her name was Keva not Sayala.. Anyway ok we have a bunch of problems we can shelf for now and a Holocron to look at. Otherwise it's just a matter of making sure this AI doesn't kill us all and the other passengers are equally trustworthy, so who all is aboard and what's their deal?"

Narthlotep
2010-01-01, 04:55 AM
Asyr opens a new text window (one that currently doesn't have thousands upon thousands of lines of code in it) and writes this: Thank you for your input GLAVRA, though the whole telepathic communication thing is a little creepy to me. If you want, I'll show you how to run simulations through our ship's computers to practice flying and weapons control, without going through the paperwork required for actually flying and shooting stuff.

Asyr then saves the program that he's working on and gets up from the console. "Well, I think it's about time for this computer geek to get some caff and a bite to eat. Want to come along to the galley?" I ask.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-01, 04:16 PM
Frae'al was grinning like a youngling on Life Day morning as the text started scrolling on the screen. "See? Is this great or what?" After Asyr got up, Frae'al lept up into the vacated seat. "Actually, I think I'm going to have a working lunch. Would you be so kind as to run some up here, please?" As she said that, she turned in her seat to give Asyr what was probably supposed to be a warm smile, but being composed mostly of fangs sort of ruined the intended effect.

After the Bothan had left, Frae'al turned back to the console, looking at various schemes to secure the ship. What she would have liked was a setup that physically prevented access to the ship. but that was mostly a hardware issue, which she would have to look into when she had money. So she had to settle for preventing the ship itself from being stolen, from memory dumps to booby-traps to self-sabotage.

Narthlotep
2010-01-01, 04:35 PM
Ok,so what do you want to eat? I'll be a bit though, because I am going to eat down in the Galley, and I'm not that great at cooking. Asyr grins, then walks off towards the galley, humming to himself. Hmm.. instant noodles or a sandwich? Decisions, decisions.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-01, 05:50 PM
Oh, that's okay," Frae'al said. "What'cha making?"

Narthlotep
2010-01-01, 06:03 PM
I'm going to raid the fridge and see what leftovers there are and make some sort of improbable sandwich or stir-fry with instant noodles. Do you have any requests, other than bringing it up here so you can watch Glavra work? Asyr says, grinning. Oh, and be careful and don't get too much drool on the keyboard.. I didn't invest in a key protector. Oh yeah, now I remember. Do you like your caff hot, cold adluterated with anything?

RandomLunatic
2010-01-01, 06:50 PM
Pasta sounds good," Frae'al said. And hard to screw up, no matter your culinary talents. "I take my caf light, no sugar. And a pinch of habana, although if there is any on the ship I haven't noticed it yet."

Ridai
2010-01-02, 06:40 AM
Cyrus gives a quick summary about who is aboard, including names. "Apart from Crosis who will stay on the ship, I guarantee that the others won't cause any trouble. And well, then there is Zayt who I'm bonded to through the Force and displays large potential as an empath. I've been teaching him about the Force and the Jedi, but it's up to him if he wants to become a Jedi, after he took a look around."

Narthlotep
2010-01-03, 01:45 PM
((O.O.C: I assume that I get down to the galley without anyone deciding to confront me.))

Asyr opens up the fridge door, and takes a look inside. Well, we have plenty of leftovers, everything ranging from Air Cake to Verdian vine beans. Now for some classic bachelor cooking. Mix what smells good together with instant noodles and hope its tasty.
I'm not sure which attribute cooking is based off of, so DMFtA, you are going to have to roll for me.

Ohh look! Instant Shig. I just hope that Ventris doesn't get too mad at me for sniping some. Asyr thinks to himself while brewing up some caff for Frae'al and himself, along with "stir-frying" a bunch of leftovers together with instant noodle. ((O.O.C. Instant noodle is more or less a fancier way of saying "Top Ramen" or any other quick to make, prepackaged noodle soup.))

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-03, 06:31 PM
@Asyr: cooking with more than enough materials and no real stress means you can take a 10, and I'd say cooking is off wisdom. Given that your getting above a 10 in any case I'd say it's at least edible if not particularly tasty. :smallbiggrin:

You complete the Veridian-Shig composite meal and it's not half bad, could definitely use some spicing up, but definitely acceptable space traveler's fare.

@Frae'al: GLAVRA seems interested in going over your security arrangements. Pointing out loopholes and issues in the programming, though more interested in assisting you that doing it himself, he basically is acting as a combination compiler/ stress tester. With his help you find yourself having an easy time making a truely devious security program. GLAVRA is giving you an assist for your Computer Use roll to set up the security program. Roll for it and specify what you want the program to do.

@Cyrus: "Hrmmm nother "old" Sith visitor, we had one named Thrazzius just a bit back, actually warned us to be on the lookout for more, gave a rundown of their capabilities and basically warned us not to trust any others we see. He seemed a nice enough sort... though that just means you have to keep a close eye on this Crosis guy.
I can show the Kid around and make arrangements for the others though. You keep an eye on this Sith and we should be free to move about.. soon as we see to this AI and make sure it's not going to kill us all:smallwink: Though we should have a talk with Master Skywalker this evening, I'm thinking he'll want to talk with some of your new recruits, and discuss their situations... soon as he has time which I figgur will be at dinner."

Narthlotep
2010-01-04, 04:44 AM
Well, since it's done, I might as well see what the AI and Frae'al are up to.
Asyr then loads his creation into a serving dish, then grabs a couple of bowls, eating utensils, cups and the pot of caff and places them on a tray. He then walks back up towards the cockpit.

Well, the food's done. Up to you to decide how edible it is. And how has GAVLRA been doing so far?

RandomLunatic
2010-01-04, 01:30 PM
"Oh good," Frae'al said, accepting a bowl and taking a taste. After a moment, she said, "Well, I don't think I'm turning green, so I guess it passes."

Waving a hand at the computer console she had ben working on, she said "Mostly, it's been kibitzing, but even so it's been a great help. Currently, I've got it set up so that the doors all lock and will not open whenever none of us are within twenty meters of the Crimson Starlight. The sole exception being the cargo bay ramp, which can be unlocked either on site or remotely by a code I have yet to define.

"If it detects signs of intrusion, GLAVRA's to lock the ship down completely, alert us by commlink with a count and, if possible, indentification of the intruders, and throw a randomly-generated list of errors when diagnostics is run. Meanwhile, the real reason the ship won't start is that the fuel pump rate has just been overridden to zero, and will remain there until one of us overrides the lockdown." And that was about the best that could be expected of a purely passive security system-stall intruders long enough for more active measures to catch them.

Taking 10+Aid Another=31

Ridai
2010-01-04, 06:52 PM
"Taking Zayt on a tour 'round sounds good. Oh, and Frae'al wants to do some research in the archives on the creators of Eclipse Station and GLAVRA. Well, I'll inform the others about the meet then."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-08, 03:02 PM
"Right, but first let me check out this ancient AI of yours.." Master Sunderflame then heads over to where Cyrus shows him the GLAVRA installation in the cargo hold. After a few minutes of telepathic contact he looks up and with a wary glance at Cyrus.
"I don't trust it much farther than I could throw it, but it seems friendly enough and without any ability to affect anything outside your ship's computer it should be safe enough, just might wanna leave somebody to keep an eye on it who could handle it if needed. If one of your crew is willing to do so you can leave the ship.. I don't see any problem sides that Crosis guy, who you can handle."

A few moments later Master Sunderflame leaves the Ship with Zayt in tow. Elena and Amira (with Bouda) disembark, loosely following in their wake.

Crosis peeks into the passageway and looks at Cyrus "Old Master huh? Seems very reliable, So if I stretch my legs a bit you'll be watchin me like a keshhawk.. fair enough.. shall we."

Celeb similarly interested in leaving waits for Frae'al by the door, not so subtle in his desire to follow her to the archives.

Ridai
2010-01-08, 06:57 PM
Since he is stuck with Crosis, Cyrus asks Asyr and Eris if one of them wants to stay on the ship and keep an eye on GLAVRA. Whether or not he gets to leave the ship, the Jedi will have to make sure Crosis doesn't try anything stupid.

Narthlotep
2010-01-08, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I'll stay. I don't see any reason to walk outside until you get back.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-09, 12:57 AM
"That wasn't half bad," Frae'al told Asyr, finishing her lunch and wiping her muzzle with a napkin. "GLAVRA, I'm going to go do that research," she said to the computer console. "If you'd give me a map of the path your creators traveled, it might be helpful."

Taking her dirty dishes down to the galley, she then headed out, wearing onyl her equipment harness, two SoroSub blasters, and her new holdouts concealed under patches of fur grown long for the purpose. Heading into the bastion of the Republic's most visible defenders of Law and Order, she was not going to make it any harder for them to look the other way than strictly necessary.

"Hey Cyrus," she asked on the way out. "Where did you guys put the archive anyway?"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-09, 01:53 AM
@Cyrus: The Jedi archive is deep within the great temple, where the old rebel command computers had been located during the battle of Yavin. It's also RATHER secure so you might want to suggest going without too much in the way of weaponry.. that being said just asking to go in will generally get you pretty far. (except for forbidden Holocrons and millitary secrets)

@Everyone: Eris makes mention of checking out the medical facilities hereabout, she's wanted to do some more extensive tests on herself and she imagines they might have some of the equipment here to answer some question's she's had. You all note that as she leaves she takes along her things..

Ridai
2010-01-09, 05:27 AM
Considering what happened to her on the station, Cyrus just acknowledges what Eris says without asking any questions. The Jedi tells Frae'al how to get to the archives and adds: "You might want to leave your weapons here or at least most of them if you want to go in there. Might send the wrong signals, particularly at the archives." And, well, there are loads of Jedi around to keep people safe, but that should be obvious.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-09, 08:03 PM
"Still not feeling better?" Frae'al asked Eris on the latter's way out.

Going back to Cyrus, she said, "I figured as much. That's why I got rid of everything except the two blasters. Is that not enough? Should I go furthur?" She unhappily disarms down to whatever level Cyrsu advises before leaving for the archive.

Ridai
2010-01-10, 05:40 AM
"One blaster is enough. An obvious one. I know you don't like it, but chances are that if there is trouble inside the Praxeum, which I doubt, there will be at least one knight around who'll notice it before it happens."

RandomLunatic
2010-01-10, 12:39 PM
"I'm more the do-it-yourself sort," was Frae'al's only comment as she retreated to her cabin to divest herself of surplus firepower before leaving.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-12, 03:29 PM
@Frae'al: You leave, none too subtley shadowed by Celeb. Passing through crowds of Jedi, apprentices, children and millitary personel, you doubt you'll be needing the one blaster you brought. Through it all Celeb appears more fascinated by the huge field of space craft and the construction equipment than the massive Temples and pyramids around him. You approach the largest of them, the Great Temple, home of the Jedi archive. Going up steps that seem to go on forever you note with some envy that Celeb isn't even winded by the climb.

Arriving at the entrance you find yourself having to ask directions, as the Laberinthine inner passeges seem difficult to navigate. Looking around at the former Massassi Temple and one time Rebel base you note that with all the room the inside of the temple it is a virtual city. The nice woman you asked shows you to the turbolift that takes you back down about 20 floors and to the entrance to the Jedi archive.

It looks more like a very well protected public Library than anything, except for the librarians in Jedi robes. Most of the computers are quite modern. You find a set of screens just off the entry way that should suit your purposes. With a touch of concern you see Celeb make his way deeper into the Library, a look of awe on his face. Several librarians see him go and just shake their heads instead of stopping him, apparently bemused by his wonderstruck attitude.

@Cyrus: Master Sunderflame and most of the crew leave the ship. Zayt closely following your former master as he tells mildly embarassing stories about your apprenticeship here. After everyone else is gone Crosis looks at you expectantly. "So where to, you wanna look around.. I can settle for a jog around the landing field.. need to stretch my legs is all, I've little interest in this Jedi academy as either enemy or ally, I just need to find a way to get back at the Mandalorians... hmm maybe that archive does sound promising, or you Jedi have a practice field for fighting, might be I could use some more practice.. and I'm not 100% convinced you could take me.. how bout a friendly match heh?"

Ridai
2010-01-12, 05:40 PM
Cyrus declines and instead opts for a tour around the complex.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-12, 08:21 PM
Frae'al suppressed a smile as Celeb wandered into the bowels of the archive in a sort of daze. Figuring there was a limit to how much trouble he could get into here, she went over to nearest available screen and set to her own work.

The first thing she did was call up a current galactic map. Frae'al knew that the various celestial bodies were not static, but revolved around the galaxy's hub, slowly but surely and predictably. So she regressedthe current back 500,000 years, to the lower end of the range GLAVRA had provided, and overlaid the path of Eclipse Station in green. Then she backed up another 250,000 years and repeated the procedure, only with a red line this time. Then she advanced to the present day, watching the lines distort with time. Then she ran it back and forth a couple of times, because it actually was sort of neat to watch. Then she keyed in a search for everything of the appropriate age near any of the red or green tinged zones.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-14, 02:55 PM
@Cyrus: Crosis trails behind you unobtrusively (sulking?) as you walk around the Praxeum, though the appellation Academy is looking more and more appropriate. The extensions to the landing area almost quadruple the total amount of ships that can land, and you can't help but notice it still seems crowded. The Massive main Temple still dominates the grounds, the lesser temples (housing yet more training and meditation areas) seem different, vegetation missing around their bases leads to the whole area having a much sharper, crisper look. You also notice the addition of several very buisiness like weapon emplacements around the grounds. An unmoving AT-AT in the distance stands in the excercise field, apparently being used for some form of rope climbing excercise, though it's very presence indicates you vision of the Imperial assault here has already come to pass.

The addition of several large living areas, still under construction, lends more than a hint of constructive chaos, as workmen and construction droids toil to install ducts and power conduits in what will be a new temple like building if the exterior is any indication.

Getting closer to the areas you frequented, you see a group of advanced students engaged in lightsaber kata under the watchful gaze of Master Katarn. Seeing a few of your contemporaries teaching small groups around the temples, you make your way back towards the landing area. There you see a rather heated discussion between a New Republic Commander and a red haired woman plainly dressed with a lightsaber on her hip. Without trying to you can't help but note the terms "incident" and "patrols" before you pass out of hearing range. Getting back without further incident you are impressed with the bustling energy of the whole area, though the teachers certainly seem pressed to deal with the influx of students.

@Frae'al: The computer runs the simulation, which shows several possible paths of the Eclipse station acording to the data you input. Seeing the results though you are still a little worried about the level of "probability" involved with the simulation. Though you do note that the path cleanly passes through quite a few regions of the core worlds, in fact it passes near both Coruscant and the world of Desevro in several of the possible permutations. The inhabited worlds along those lines are quite numerous, in perhaps the 10's of thousands of worlds with native polulations, without counting anything from the path that's from outside known space.

In the process of making queeries to the computer's astrogational information you note that there is an Astrogation update having to do with some sort of recent mass of error's encountered over the last month. Though few had serious problems some had their travel time increased and more found themeselves considerably off course. Corrections to navigation computers is compusory and the source of the errors is unknown. Though the reported error's were more severe closer to the core.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-14, 05:27 PM
Noting the astrogation anmolies with detached curiosity, Frae'al keyed in a search for everything potentially old enough to fit, starting with the worlds identified as being close to the endpoint of station's odyssey, and working backwards.

Narthlotep
2010-01-17, 03:33 PM
Asyr types into a message window to GAVLRA, Hey, what research was Frae'al going to do for you anyways? between games of solitare and other bored bothan activities, like looking at the traffic stream around the ship, listen in to unsecured com traffic, and look at public files on the Praxeum and new republic servers.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-17, 04:50 PM
@Asyr: "Frae'al was doing some research on the route through the Galaxy The Eclipse Station had made and comparing it to modern population statistics to determine why it had not encountered any other intelligent life during it's search for a new home for my people. I have a passing curiosity to determine if the descendants of my people still live. My own suspicion is that several modern races may have been created, or been influenced genetically by my people. This might partially account for the great variety of intelligent races now in the gallaxy."

@Frae'al: The archive is rather limited on things of the (very broad) age category you reference. Some of the earliest records are of an ancient Rakatan Empire. (also called the Infinite empire) which is believed responsible for some of the strange force related architecture and relics found around the gallaxy. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Empire It is still off date wise by almost a factor of 10, though it did have somewhat similar technology to what you saw on the Eclipse station.

However it is interesting to note that the core worlds are indeed close to the endpoint, The Rakatan Empire was right along the route of the Station. Their homeworld is a short ways from the route about a third of the way through the Eclipse Station's journey.

Looking through the archive for anything older, the only other ancient race mentioned are the Celestials, whose civilization was already on the decline before the Infinite Empire displaced it, and the information about them is so sketchy as to effectively be myth and legend. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestials#cite_note-TEA-1 Leaving you with precious little to go on for that time period.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The day wears on to evening and Master Sunderflame returns along with everyone except for Celeb. Informing everyone that Luke will be having dinner at Meeting room 2A, he extends an invitation to join him to finally discuss the jedi orders response to what you found on Eclipse Station...

Ridai
2010-01-17, 05:20 PM
Cyrus follows Master Sunderflame to the meeting room.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-17, 09:57 PM
"What? Me too?" Frae'al asked, surprised. "Uh, sure. Just give me a moment, pleaese."[/color[ She ducked into the 'fresher to quickly touch up and make herself more presentable. She emerged a moment later, having taken a bursh to her fur and done a pretty good job for the lmited time spent on it.

[color=blue]"Lead on."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-22, 03:38 AM
Sunderflame leads Cyrus and Frae'al to the meeting room. Taking along Elena and Crosis your small party makes it's way through the landing area up to the main temple and follow him into the living quarters region of the Temple. It looks little different from no frills living areas around the gallaxy. Quaint gardens at intersections provide the small differences needed to navigate the maze of pasageways and you find yourselves quickly brought before a set of double doors to a small meeting room. Inside Master Skywalker is with Mara Jade and the remnants of what looks to have been a sizable "Welcome to the Praxuem official Dinner" With a none to subtle banner over the table saying just that. Significant quantities of food remain unserved on the table they are seated at and you get the sense that the formal event is very much over by their tone and relaxed posture. Seeing you enter Luke gets to his feet looking tired and motions for you all to make yourselves comfortable and help finish off whatever appeals to you while it's still fresh.

"SunderFlame I understand you have something to report?"

"Yup, seems your vision was about right, but the gallaxy ain't ending just yet. We have a Mysterious Ancient Space Station, alot of oddities and force related phenomena and a crazy old artificial intelligence that seems nice enough. Cyrus can fill you in on the details, but essentially there's an issue with the Force, Mandalorians and hyperspace going all funny due to an old god/being whatsamohoozits being in the new Mandalore. Likely somebody is gonna haveta go do some gallaxy saving... once we figure out how."

Then as an afterthought. "Oh and Cyrus you mentioned a lightsaber and a Holocron, might as well put everything on the table and start somewhere eh?"

"Um what about the.." Crosis begins.

"Yeah about the True Sith, we have somebody else with a report on that as well, he should be here shortly. Though their existance isn't new to us some of the mysteries they offer are of quite a bit of interest.. namely in what happened to them, and if it might happen to us next, We'll table your part in this till his arrival, it should be illuminating for all of us."

@Frae'al: Mara Jade subtley offers you a seat next to her and while the others are speaking in a low voice says. "Defel huh, whatever is happening out there I leave to them, but there have been a few odd occurances around the Academy.. er Praxeum that you might be able to help me with in the very immeadiate future, we've had some odd findings around the perimeter, Don't suppose you'd mind nosing around for anything unusual. So far the Force has been less than useful in figuring this out, I'm thinking it's time for a more mundane approach, if you can keep things quiet, we don't need a panic.. Interested?"

Ridai
2010-01-22, 05:58 AM
"Right, I'll get those out of the way first." Cyrus puts the holocron and his lightsaber on the table. "Both the holocron and the crystal were given to me by Mandalore. He doesn't know anything about the first and didn't say anything about the latter other than it is powerful, which I can confirm."

RandomLunatic
2010-01-22, 01:01 PM
Frae'al looked thoughtful for a moment. One on hand, trying to extract money from a largely ascetic order seemed to be about a fruitful as pulling teeth from a stingfly. On the other hand, accodring to what she had heard, Mara had been some sort of Imperial agent, and then a smuggler, before she had become a Jedi-so surely she knew how the game worked?

"Perhaps. Can you make it worth my time?"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-22, 02:43 PM
@Frae'al: Mara Jade Skywalker arches one eyebrow and gives a vicious smile. "Certainly... name your price. The job is simple skulking of the area looking for anyone who shouldn't be here, mostly around the outer edges of the Praxeum. The subject of your investigation is to see if there are any more imperial survivors from the invasion... becouse we've been finding fresh imperial types dead for the last two days and noone knows who's killing them. If some student or other is going all vigilante, I'd like to know who and why. If we could get a few of these guys captured.. and we would if they got a touch closer to the security line, we might actually get some useful information about them."

@Cyrus: Luke takes a look at Cyrus's lightsaber first. Igniting it he gives it an experimental wave before deactivating it and looking thoughtful. "I think I may have heard of this crystal. I'd want to check with Tionne first but my guess is that it's one of the two famous crystals from the Great Hyperspace War, either the Heart of the Guardian or the Mantle of the Force. Either way that's a heck of a force resonance." He hands it reverently back to Cyrus. "Now lets see about this Holocron, alot of strange Sith holocrons have been found recently.. though this looks Jedi, Early old republic perhaps..." As he handles it, inspecting all the surfaces, a blue glow starts to emmanate from within it. A robed, cowled figure appears and says.

"I am the Guardian of Secrets Tel-Ramon Ravous, How might I serve the Jedi Council."
Luke looks at the figure and motions for Cyrus to ask it a question... Luke seems to be concentrating on the Holocron as he closes his eyes and listens.

RandomLunatic
2010-01-22, 05:23 PM
Frae'al returned Mara's smile with one of her own. "How about 20 thousand?" she offered. "And if you'd be willing to go to forty and toss in a pair of night-vision goggles, I'd like to bring Asyr in on this. He's a good with untamed environments, and for all his disadvantages, he's not a bad sneak. Plus, I think he's bit bored."

Once the price had been set, Frae'al was all business. "Have you been able to tell what time of day the killings took place? How about what's been killing them? And where have you found the bodies? Especially the most recent one."

Ridai
2010-01-23, 06:27 AM
"When was this holocron created and what kind of information does it contain?"

Narthlotep
2010-01-24, 09:27 PM
Asyr types. "Well, the current management of Eclipse station sent me to a planet called Avalon to look up what I could about the originatiors of the station. I'll upload everything I learned there for you, if you want."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-26, 03:19 PM
@Asyr: Glavra responds in type "That is indeed the planet from which my people originated. I would enjoy any information you could share on the subject. Though none of those there were those I am concerned about. My people left in a mass exodus aboard the station when a mad tyrant came to power. No free thinking people were left."

@Cyrus: The holocron's holographic figure Replies that "I may only share my knowledge with the permission of the current Jedi Council or it's head. I sense that he is both present and checking my veracity. Well then I contain secrets pertinant to the foundation of our knoledge of the force and it's nature. I was created almost 500 years after the founding of the Order to insure the continuity of sensitive information. If you would give permission I might share any number of important secrets, if you judge those present acceptable for these secrets..."

Luke inclines his head in a nod.

"Very well then, what other knowledge do you seek."

@Frae'al: "That sounds a bit steep, but Defel don't work for cheap.. 20,000 and if you want help you get to share, and if you have assistance make sure they know they aren't to share any information around except for to me.

It seems the killings are happening around twilight, The infiltrators come in and someone kills them with a combination of lightsaber, cutting trauma that's less messy than most vibriswords, and simply broken necks. Best guess is a commando trained jedi wannabe, but we don't have any leads on who it could be. We don't want you to confront whoever is doing it.. we just want to figure out who is doing it. If you happen upon the imperial agents trying to infiltrate though by all means capture them for interogation if you can."

RandomLunatic
2010-01-26, 10:36 PM
Frae'al nodded solemnly. "Sounds good. You've got a deal."

She perked up her ears to overhear what she could from the holocron while gazing balefully at her barely-touched wine glass. On the one hand, she needed a clear head for the night ahead. On the other, it was pretty good wine. One shouldn't hurt, she finally decided, taking another sip.

"Odd," she said. "If he's using a sharp weapon, he should turn up covered in blood." At least he could change his clothes and mostly be done with it. Frae'al could easily spend hours in the 'Fresher after a messy close-quarters kill. "You sure that's not happened lately? Or somebody losing a lot of uniforms?

"At any rate, if you could manage it, I'd like a map showing your patrol routes and where you've found the bodies. I think it'd help know hwere to start looking."

Ridai
2010-01-27, 05:16 PM
"Give us an overview of this foundation you mentioned."

Narthlotep
2010-01-29, 09:35 PM
*More conversation with GALVRA* Do you have a genetic template for your people? I could run it against the logged genetic data within the New Republic data library. We could figure out, accounting for genetic drift and a few other factors which species were either direct descendents of or modifications to the genome. Asyr types to GAVLRA, and begins the tedious process of accessing the New Republic mdeical net and asking for processor time to do a little research.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-02-03, 05:43 PM
@Frae'al: Mara Jade offers you a small mini-datapad with the rough areas of the patrols and the positions of the location of the bodies found. "We didn't have anyone asking for a new uniform, well without explaination.. and given the repeated kills, they would likely be needing.. mmm about 6 new sets of robes. No one's been reported covered in blood or given any sign they might be responsible though.. and we've used more than just physical evidence, whoever is doing it is shielding themeselves from myself, others and Luke, though Luke hasn't had the time he would like to concentrate on it given recent events."

@Cyrus: "The true nature of the force... From what we have discovered it is a quite literal energy field that living beings can exude and in some cases control. It's independant existance from life has not been confirmed, but some contend that life is or isn't neccessary for the existance of the field. Intelligence isn't required for specific uses, though for broad use it seems a prerequisite, and sentients have proven far stronger and in possession of much broader skills at minipulating it. States of heightened emotion result in greater power, self imposed emotional balance results in greater control. The Dark and Light sides of the Force embody these two approaches.

Some have offered individual impressions that the Force is itself a being of Will. Personality. or even Agenda. And have attributed to it it's own Identity. Cases of this are particularly common amoung more primitive societies. Groups and cultures in great danger or hostile environments have a notably higher occurance of force sensitivity.

Would you like further information?"

Luke nods and seems interested.. but seems to be somewhat distracted as he listens.

@Asyr: The screen types out by itself at approximately the rate you can read it..

I have genetic information on all of the station personel and knoledge of all the genetic engineering techniques employed as of my shut down. Getting genetic information that would be conclusive would entail quite a bit of digging, but I would be most pleased to share any information to those ends.. though with my people's abilities I fear almost any humanoid species could result from sufficient modification, though perhaps we could at least extrapolate some probabilities.

Narthlotep
2010-02-03, 09:41 PM
Asyr types, "Then let's get to work. I really don't have much better to do, and you'll advance the new republic's knowledge of genetic engineering by leaps and bounds, and you will get information about what happened after you went into hibernation mode. It looks like a major win-win situation for everyone involved."

RandomLunatic
2010-02-04, 12:23 AM
"I can only imagine how much Master Skywalker must have on his plate right now," Frae'al said sympathetically as she accepted the datapad and started looking it over, looking for the areas that, through terrain and poor position of patrols, created prime gaps for infiltration. In the hard merchandise's-already she was applying bounty hunter terminology to the job, even though it was not hunting in the strictest sense of the word-shoes, Frae'al would wait on those routes for the Imps, and ambush them when they blundered into her waiting arms. Hopefully the location of both paths and bodies would bear the theory out.

"How do you want me to report my findings to you?" she asked Mara Jade. "And do you have any nocturnal game animals around here?" Noticing a pronounced delay in response to her last query, Frae'al looked up from the datapad at Mara. "In case somebody thinks to ask what I'm doing out in the rainforest after dark," she explained.

Ridai
2010-02-04, 05:09 AM
"The last bit fits those 'avatars'." Cyrus is about to nod too when he notices Master Skywalker's distraction. "Is something the matter, Master Skywalker?"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-02-09, 07:14 PM
OOC: again sorry for the delays.. real life is ever being a pain, and there have been several new players showing interest in playing. We'll see how everything goes, very very shortly ;)

@Frae'al: "The forest after dark has more than it's share of large predatory beasts.. though anything truely dangerous has been hunted out of the area. Using hunting the creatures wouldn't be a bad cover.. but theoretically if you keep out of the way of our patrols, the only ones you'd have to explain it to are the guys you are after and the imperials trying to sneak in, who haven't even made it to the patrols or several surprises I've got in store for them :smallwink: You can report back via com at this frequency or just report in person."

@Cyrus: Master Skywalker looks at the doors to the meeting room and says "Come on in."

@Keth Fayar: Having miraculously found your way back to this part of the Gallaxy you managed to convince the Warden that you could do a bit of scouting. Arriving at Yavin 4 you finally manage to find Master Skywalker, in a audience hall within the Great Temple, amidst the debris and extra food from a "Welcome to the Praxuem" Dinner. Present are Mara Jade, a young Jedi and Master Luke speaking to a holocron. The presence of a short shadow being mostly hidden by the table speaking to Mara might also be detected. Spot DC 16 check.

Also of note is the fact that you got here by following the hyperspace route through the Deep Core.. (see other game thread) something your plucky astromech pointed out as impossible with no end of complaining. Your beat up X-wing has also made it, though it could use some repairs, it's space worthy.

Jade_Tarem
2010-02-10, 12:26 PM
Keth steps quietly into the room. "I'm sorry to interrupt, Master Skywalker, but I was told you wanted to see me?"

Spot: [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2010-02-10, 05:28 PM
"I don't anticipate any problems with your patrols either. But I like to have a fallback."

Unless somebody drops a major bombshell sometime soon, Frae'al is going to make small talk, finish dinner, head for the ship, kit up, and slip off into the jungle.

Ridai
2010-02-13, 02:09 PM
Cyrus asks the holocron to elaborate once Master Skywalker and the newcomer discussed whatever they want to discuss.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-02-21, 12:05 AM
@Everyone: Master Skywalker nods at Keth then whispers. "I've not had much time of late and from what I've forseen you might be best served sharing your insights with those present, as they've been pretty good about problem solving recently, and they might need your help shortly as well. Though the holocron was just getting to the important part I sense.."

The Holocron figure of Tel-Ramon Ravous continues after waiting for a tense moment and addresing Cyrus continues. "The Avatars you mention.. are perhaps in a sense the personification of the force, many have seen them over thousands of years and their forms are as different as the perceptions of those sensing them. But the greatest of heroes, force sensitives and jedi masters sometimes truely achieve a brief oneness with the force and exibit powers and abilities beyond their normal grasp, in essence becoming an avatar of the force for a brief moment."

Luke nods at this as if thinking back to several times in his career...

"But the greatest conflicts within the balance of the force have taken place behind the scenes, relatively unknown. Champions of the force are chosen by the force to redress imbalances, Often championing either side of a particular conflict, sometimes simple good and evil, dark and light. Sometimes subtler conflicts between philosophies and methods. These champions often mention a great temple of light. One of the purposes of this Holocron is to point out this location to future Jedi Masters in times of need, should the Temple need to be found. The Temple has resided on the world of Alderaan since before the founding of the Republic."

@Frae'al: You stick around for a moment overhearing what transpires before slipping out the door and finding your way out to the landing pad.

Your preparations are aided by Asyr, as he readies himself to go out "hunting" with you.

Ridai
2010-02-21, 05:00 AM
Cyrus shakes his head. "Alderaan has been completely destroyed." After a short pause, he continues. "Mandalore is or was a champion of light, but apparently the results were mixed, as he feels he was used or perhaps betrayed by the Force." He turns back to the holocron. "Anything else?"

RandomLunatic
2010-02-23, 10:08 PM
Meeting Hall, Jedi praxeum
The Temple has resided on the world of Alderaan since before the founding of the Republic.Oops. So much for Jedi precognition.

Crimson Starlight, Lading Pad, Jedi praxeum

"Now, if anybody at all asks, the story's that we're out hunting," Frae'al said, bringing Asyr up to speed on the plan. "The way I figure it, our merchandise is staking out the prime approach routes to the praxeum and jumping the Imps as they come. Based on the star and moon light, I think this is the best approach for tonight, though I'd like your thoughts-sometimes I forget I can get away with things you can't.

"Anyway, we'll slip around the patrols by this route, and stay sharp for those surprises Mara mentioned. It'd be rather embarassing to get caught by our own side.

"We slide over to the infiltrator's path, and start moving up it. If we spot the merchandise, we'll get close enough for an ID and call him in. If we spot the infiltrator wihtout seeing the merchandise, we'll use him to flush it out. Then we'll try to save the guy if we can talk the merchandise into giving him up so he can be properly interrogated, but we won't kill ourselves trying-and we're not allowed to fight the merchandise. If we've already found the merchandise, we'll jsut tranq the Imp. Which reminds me," and Frae'al reloaded the repainted needlers with knockout rounds.

"Anyway, if and when we get a hold of the infiltrator, we'll try to convince him we're the scouting party for a group of mercs interested in collecting a reward the Empire's offered to anybody who can extract their stranded personnel from Yavin IV. Of course," she said with a smile, "We'll need to know how many there are, where they are camping out, and that sort of thing. We'll tell him we'll need to get in touch with our buddies to set the details up, and organize a rendezvous the following night to pass them along. That should be enough time for the Republic to figure out what to do with the opportunity."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-02, 01:28 PM
Master Skywalker turns his attentions to Keth. "So I have sensed you have something to report that might be at least tangentally connected to this, I believe it's time we heard your story, about where you have been all this time."

The image from the Holocron seems to take a while assimilating the short statement from Cyrus, a worried look hard to see on his shrouded face. "That is indeed troubling, from all I have learned of those of mandalorian prediliction, never have they had a force sensitive amoung their ranks, especially not as their leader. Is this perhaps a new twist on things.. Have you any more details, why was this mandalore chosen?"

//////////////////////////////////////////

@Frae'al: You and Asyr head into the wilds of the Moon of Yavin. Asyr makes himself scarce in the target area, making use of his climbing skills to get a good snipers location amidst the large trees.

Hide and Spot check, with optional move silently if you are patrolling around, a will save will also likely be required at some point, so may as well roll it out now.

Ridai
2010-03-02, 03:00 PM
"The light side's avatar said she had trouble in her struggle wih the dark side and had to make up for what she called the... Skywalker debacle. Though now that part of a godlike creature fused with him, Mandalore is more of a force hole by now. Including all other Mandalorians I met on Eclipse Station."

RandomLunatic
2010-03-02, 03:17 PM
Taking 10 for 37 Hide, 36 MS, 25 Spot (+Motion Detector).
Will 1d20+5=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2425624/)

Jade_Tarem
2010-03-04, 02:16 PM
Keth

Keth takes a deep breath at Skywalker's aside, and speaks quickly and softly so as not to interrupt the holocron or Cyrus. He nods at the device's conversation. "Depending on how time critical this is, you may want me to share the full story with as many as possible at the same time, but the short answer is that I ended up trapped in Sith Space - and I don't mean the backwaters of Korriban, I mean *true* Sith Space. The details I heard were sketchy, but as nearly as I can determine, our big Sith Wars of the past weren't fought with the leaders of their empire - they were fought with the rejects. There's a massive stretch of galaxy in or beyond the Unknown Regions where the Sith Empire has ruled for thousands of years, completely separate from our neighborhood. Until recently. The final message that the ship I was staying on received before I jumped back to known space was that the Empire had fallen - something over there managed to rout a rather large army of Sith Knights and their Lords, and it's started causing planets to disappear, to boot."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-18, 11:30 AM
@Keth and Cyrus: Master Skywalker's eyes widen slightly at your news then whispers. "Well perhaps we should show a bit of caution and keep this somewhat quiet, though I'll definately be sending some more people to investigate... Since you've already uncovered much of this perhaps it is fitting you continue to look into the cause and see if whatever it is that wiped the Sith out is going to continue into our region of the gallaxy. With our limited resources perhaps you both joining up might prove useful, I have a feeling alot of this is connected at some level. Questioning these "Mandalorians" might be another good idea, If Mandalore is indeed a "Hole in the force" and bonded to some "diety like entity" perhaps we should be looking to redress the basic balance of the force via these temples as opposed to tackling things head on. Unfortunately it seems this is more the job for a few talented Jedi than a fleet or two, especially with the empire tying up our resources.. myself included. What do you both say to going on another mission?"

@Frae'al: You spend several hours quietly waiting at your calculated ideal ambush point. Asyr has dissapeared into the canopy high above to act as a support sniper. Creeping from shadow to shadow you invisably patrol the area alert for anything. Finally a noise and what looks like a person in Jedi Robes slipping through the jungle catches your attention. Having difficulty tracking him you use your motion tracker to help keep you focused on him as he approaches. As he gets within 100 meters you see him clearly in a patch of moonlight (Technically "Planetlight" reflected off Yavin) As you ready your ambush and Asyr checks in quietly that he has him in his sights... the figure suddenly flies apart. Gore flying into the air his upper torso flops to the ground several meters from his lower half.

Looking over the area you don't initially see anything that could be responsible, then you hear distant voices.

(Masculine booming voice in blue, feminine in dk orange)
"Why are We Bothering with them Again?"
"You heard the Bossman, no unexpected interuptions for our operation, having imperial agents around would just complicate things."
"I Wish a Challenge, Not simple Slaughter of the Weak."
"Agents like these are dangerous enough with their subtlety, not raw force like you ya brute, think of it as my fight, your just keeping me company:smallamused:"
"As you say Incindis, I Shall Bide My Time then."

Still searching for any sign of the source of the voices you literally see nothing but the dark jungle. Asyr reports that he sees a reflective surface nearby. Taking a moment to inspect what it is (through high powered scope) he then reports a rapidly dissapearing sheen of frost on the ground over the region...

Ridai
2010-03-18, 04:30 PM
"I see further investigation of this matter as my duty."

Jade_Tarem
2010-03-18, 09:25 PM
Keth thinks for a moment. "I'm ready to go on another mission, but my XJ needs serious work. Jig could probably use maintenance, too."

RandomLunatic
2010-03-18, 11:08 PM
Frae'al's first thought was that the Imperial Academy must have had some pretty lax standards, what with the way the guy was making his attempt under the full light of the gas giant instead of waiting for it to set like any sane sentient would do.

Her befuddlement was ripped apart as fast as the infiltrator was. She quickly flipped through her visor's various view modes-light amplification, IR, and UV, just to name a few-trying to catch a glimpse of the attacker, annoyed the motion scanner was not reading anything.

Frae'al listened to the conversation, then Asyr's report. SHe asked for a vector to the ice patch, then circled around to put the light reflecting off Yavin behind her and crept closer, trying to obtain a more substantial report than "an invisible guy ripped the infiltrator apart".

Hide 1d20+27=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2447378/)
MS 1d20+26=46 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2447381/)
Halfling Cloaking Device engaged! :smalltongue:
Spot 1d20+18=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2447383/)

Ridai
2010-03-19, 03:03 AM
"The XJ shouldn't be a problem. The group I'm part of owns a ship and there is still a lot of room for more passengers."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-30, 05:57 PM
@Keth and Cyrus: Master Skywalker asks that the two of you share your knoledge of recent events with each other, and that he will be available should you need anything else, such as a new XJ or two or any spending money. Telling you he will try and see you again tomarrow with anything more useful he might concieve of in his meditations, he parts ways with you offering the advice that perhaps showing Keth the Ship and the "computer" you brought with you might prove important, he then excuses himself to go put the holocron away in the secure section of the library, though he let's you know it will be available to the two of you should you request it.

@Frae'al: You circle around and stealthily approach. Getting up to the location you do see a small patch of rapidly melting ice and a cold spot in the air that apparently has nothing to do with ambient temperature. The ground shows traces of the attackers.. visable in the cooling blood of the fallen imperial, heavy set bootprints and a smaller human looking set that looks to have been moving toward, then back away from the academy. The larger set of boot prints looks to indicate a significant weight... much more than any human, bulkier than most sentients by far. (bigger than a Wookie.. perhaps a Whipid or large droid?) You can dimly see the markings of their path, though they haven't left enough tracks that they'd be recognizable by morning. (Between the local fauna already eager to make a mess of the scene and the fact that they seem to be moving with enough care that should you not know just where to look you'd miss the occasional telltale droplet of blood.)

Ridai
2010-03-31, 12:36 PM
Cyrus guides Keth back to the Crimson Starlight and GLAVRA. "It's good to have a more experienced Jedi around, there are more Force-related mysteries on that station than you can shake a stick at. The "computer" is one of them, but a helpful one."

Jade_Tarem
2010-03-31, 06:45 PM
Keth follows, frowning intently. "Well, I'll have to apologize in advance for adding to your stack of unexplained phenomena. I can't wait to meet this AI of yours, though."

RandomLunatic
2010-04-03, 10:46 AM
Frae'al tried IR to see if whatever was responsible for the unseasona;l icing had left a trai of cold air behind it, which would serve a useful adjunct ot more conventional tracking methods. Then she started to carefully follow the trail.

((Survival 1d20+5=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2465565/)
Hide/MS 1d20+27=28, 1d20+26=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2465567/)))

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-04-06, 09:59 PM
@Cyrus and Keth: Getting to the "Crimson Starlight" you find the entrance momentarily barred. The boarding ramp slowly descends before you can contact anyone aboard to ask however, and you find yourselves on the referbished tramp freighter within moments.

Once aboard you are met by Crosis.

@Keth: Crosis is a somewhat skinny looking dark haired human male who fits the scumbag/scoundrel archtype to a tee. Weasely or not the predatory gleam in his eye is unmistakable and his lean frame upon closer inspection has the indications of a hard life and combat training.

"So we get another babysitter? We rate more than a single Jedi runt huh?" He says as he casually plays with a Crystaline throwing knife while lounging against a bulkhead.

@Frae'al: You continue cautiously forward. Your eagerness to follow the dwindling trail held in check by your need for stealth, you despair that the trail will go cold, literally. Scanning with IR gives no real help, if there were humanoids out here they were heavily insulated. Aside from the frost patch there aren't any other indicators of temperature oddities. Fortunately there are several more mundane clues, heavy treaded prints in the soft ground.. not yet filled in and the occasional broken bit of flora. Though as time goes by the clues are more sparse and you begin to fear you are folowing mere guess work when you see what looks like a concealed ship up ahead, camoflaged with jungle growth and netting.

It looks like a medium transport, not unlike what the rebellion used to use. Asyr is following you at a distance, to provide cover or carry word should something happen. He waves then motions that he sees the ship and ***** his head at an angle, questioning what you plan next without resorting to speech.

Ridai
2010-04-07, 07:59 AM
"I assume you're already looking forward to that archeologist once we find him, then." Cyrus continues with Keth to where GLAVRA is stored. "Well, meet GLAVRA. You can talk telepathically, just move closer."

He approaches the AI. This is Keth Fayar, a Jedi who will be joining us.

Jade_Tarem
2010-04-07, 05:44 PM
Keth nods sagely to Crosis. "That's right. Master Skywalker told me that a single Jedi just can't change your diapers fast enough."

When introduced to GLAVRA, Keth raises his eyebrow and thinks. Uh, Hi...?

RandomLunatic
2010-04-09, 12:23 AM
Frae'al gestures back to Move up, circle around, observe closer. And if that does not get the message across, she creeps closer, beckoning Asyr to follow.

After the reconnaisance is completed, she motions to fall back aways, and, once sufficiently removed from the grounded spacecraft, soflty asks, "You see something that looked like a long-range comm unit?"

((Hide/MS: 1d20+27=40, 1d20+26=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472560/)
Spot: 1d20+15=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472563/)
Know (Tech), to pick out comm unit: 1d20+10=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472564/)
And from here, proceed as outline in OOC))

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-04-18, 08:52 PM
@Cyrus and Keth: "humf.. might have a wiseguy here "just" what we needed :smallannoyed:" is Crosis's only (failed) attempt at a witty comeback

As you get further into the ship you finally enter the cargo bay with GLAVRA in it.. looking like nothing so much as an big old blocky box of plating with a simple console in the top/front. As you enter GLAVRA greets you telepathically with a "... Hello Cyrus and Master Keth is it? I was waiting for someone trustworthy to return. I have had some free time and I believe I may have discovered something. However as I am unfamiliar with much of the technology and my current sensors and abilities are somewhat limited and much diferent from what I'm accostomed I wished to discuss it with you before taking any drastic action."

@Frae'al: You creep further up, sight confounded by the camoflage netting.. which you notice is the powered type that baffles sensors and tries to give off false readings, copying the environment around it on several spectrums, which does not do wonders for your visor's ability to pick out details. Still from your angle you get a better view of the ship and note that it's about 60 meters of armored hull, with several turreted fixtures that look more like weapons than sensors. Taking advantage of the netting you creep directly up it's thick cabling to get atop the ship, where you see yet more turrets but no signs of a long range com transmitter or reciever. The amount of weaponry is somewhat startling though.. a little bit like a pocket cruiser, definately not up to taking on a major capital ship, it shows the type of modifications you normally associate with pirates or smugglers, with enough millitary hardware to make you doubt the ship is just black market supplied.

Then you hear a voice coming from an open hatch.
"How do we know they're going to have what we need?"
"I don't sense anything? You want us to take care of them?"

"No. Commence the Operation immeadiately, we'll let things unfold as they will, the interlopers won't escape I have something special in mind for them. I'll need you two to run interference once we reach the target."

Ridai
2010-04-19, 04:02 PM
Drastic measures? What did you find out? Cyrus crosses his arms as he waits for the response.

RandomLunatic
2010-04-19, 06:03 PM
((Is the speaker with the orange test the same one as earlier?))

I hate the Force, Frae'al thought bitterly. She dialed up Mara's commcode while backtracking to Asyr. [size=1]"We're blown. Let's move!"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-04-21, 12:28 PM
@Frae'al: ((Yes the orange text is the same female voice you heard earlier.))

Asyr seems ready to bolt or give covering fire to your retreat. Though he motions for you to not use your com.. rather emphatically.

As you get away from the ship, behind you the noise of the ships ramp lowering and the angry sounding stamps of what sounds like a Rancor exiting the ship. Out of the corner of your eye you just catch a hint of frosty white armor and a blue cape as a massive figure descends.

@Cyrus and Keth: "Drastic measures like evacuation of the academy or seeking to save myself by leaving first.. perhaps leaving you a message warning you to escape.. that sort of thing. I believe I have intercepted several signals, coming from around the academy, staggered and spread out over the jungle. I believe they are meant to be taken as background noise, but my ability to percieve and infer patterns brought them to my attention.
So are there some sort of stealth modules or sensor packages out past the academy.. or perhaps a local geological formation, or something to acount for this pattern."
(You recieve a mental picture of the area with thousands of red dots around the periphery of the academy, you then see the dots connected by patterns of light to show how neatly they are organized.)

"The signal they are giving off.. really a microsecond burst of com signal energy is much like the signal of some combat droids in storage.. effectively a passive signal that they are opperational and awaiting orders."

Ridai
2010-04-21, 12:57 PM
"Load the map and all details into this datapad and tell me what else you found out, quick." Cyrus gets his datapad out. Every moment counts.

Jade_Tarem
2010-04-21, 02:41 PM
"Combat droids?" Keth muses. "Depending on what kind they are, it's either a very good way to attack the academy, or a very bad one. We need more information."

Keth waits for Cyrus's download before speculating.

RandomLunatic
2010-04-21, 11:17 PM
While the SIth did not seem to beimmediately concerned with the, for whatever reason, perhpas breaking comm silence right next to the ship was not the wisest of moves. Frae'al decided the defer the matter until she gets somee distance and slips off into the night.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-03, 06:59 PM
@Cyrus and Keth: GLAVRA downloads the map and information onto Cyrus's data pad. Included are the type of signal, locations and exact directions to the one nearest the landing field, a little more than a hundred yards from the edge of the clearing.

@Frae'al: You continue hurrying quietly through the jungle. You hear the sound of your heavy pursuer falling steadily behind as it slogs through the brush rather directly.

As you get a bit further away Asyr comes up alongside you and tells you that the Sith whoever they are are apparently jamming, you'll have to make it another klick or two in order to get far enough away.. and the squelch he got from his com was painfully loud.. He thought they might hear you directly if you tried to com the academy.

Ridai
2010-05-04, 12:21 AM
"That is way too close for comfort. Let's get this to Master Skywalker ASAP. GLAVRA, don't even think about leaving on your own." Cyrus heads back to the Praxeum as fast as he can, enhancing his speed twice along the way.

Two uses of Burst of Speed.

RandomLunatic
2010-05-04, 07:03 PM
"Right. Let's head for the nearest stream, river, whatever. We'll lose him there," Frae'al said.

As she walked, she keyed up a message for Mara containing everything she knew.

The Infiltrators are being killed by the Sith, to prevent inteference in an unknown operation of theirs.

The commander in charge of the operation ordered commencement at ((insert appropaite time here)). Size, composition, and objective unknown. Overheard comment, possibly out of context, suggests goal is theft of unknown item. No corroboration, confidence low.

The three known participants are:

Female (assumed) Humanoid, referred to by partner (see below) as "Incindis" (Spelling unsure). Tasked to run interference, staging from a well-concealed ship at ((ship's coordinates go here)).

Male (assumed) alien, very large, >250cm. Partnered with "Incindis". Wears suit of (powered?) armor, ground frosts over when he walks on it. Tasked to run inteference, same staging point, last seen chasing me.

Male (?) of unknown species (overheard only). Local commander. Location and actions unknown.

We just cleared jamming and range and may still be being followed. Going comm silent.

Then she typed up a shorter one for Cyrus, Elena, et al, save for Keth, whose commcode she did not have, and Crosis, whose loyalty she did not trust. This one simply read True Sith attack imminent. No details available. Find Crosis.

With that done, she compressed the files for burst tranmission, which would put them on the air and to their destinations in about the blink of an eye, making a signal very tough to detect, intercept, jam, or track.

Jade_Tarem
2010-05-06, 05:07 PM
Keth mimics Cyrus, right down to the bursts of speed.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-13, 12:05 PM
@Cyrus and Keth: As Cyrus and Keth race across the academy grounds you attract a bit of attention from the students, workers and soldiers. Racing up the steep steps of the great temple (your legs are going to be feeling that particular workout:smallamused:) you arrive at the entrance you not long ago exited. Seeing both Mara Jade and Master SunderFlame just leaving at the entrance, apparently in mid conversation, you all suddenly get a communication from Frae'al. it reads per Random Lunatic's last post

@Frae'al: You hear the sounds of pursuit (of a large armored behemoth crashing through the jungle to be precise) fall away behind you and are well on your way back to the academy, and have just sent your message only to get a blare of static a few moments later as the jamming overtakes you. You hear the sounds of powerful engines roar overhead as the presumed Sith's medium transport, with the sensor camoflage netting coming apart and falling off as it goes, flies directly overhead on a path for the academy.

Ridai
2010-05-13, 03:37 PM
Cyrus visibly clenches his teeth when he receives Frae'al's transmission. He goes over to Mara Jade and Master Sunderflame and keeps his voice low. "We have a problem." He hands the datapad over. "GLAVRA discovered a whole lot of signals, a lot of them apparently combat droids, all around the Praxeum. Frae'al contacted me, saying that an attack by true Sith will happen any moment, Crosis might also have something to do with it according to her. Where is Zayt?"

RandomLunatic
2010-05-13, 05:11 PM
Frae'al took cover in case some of the camo netting might fall her way, shaking her head. They've either got a really cunning plan, or a death wish. She wrote up another message for Mara to send when the jamming cleared, which simply advised about the incoming ship, flagging it 'Urgent' and kicking herself for not thinking of it earlier.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-18, 07:17 PM
@Cyrus and Keth: Master Sunderflame looks concerned and tells Cyrus that the child is meditating with Master Qualoosh down in one of the meditation rooms along with several other young prospects. Mara Jade meanwhile is already on her com relaying information to Luke and the Praxeum security details she had sent out.

Around the academy loud mechanical sounds mark the activation of the defensive weaponry emplacements around and on top of the ancient temples. Automated Anti-personel, anti-vehicle and anti-starship weaponry starts to hum in readiness and people start to duck into buildings as others look around trying to deduce the emergency.

With a roar a medium transport comes in fast and low. At it's approach the weaponry immeaditaly opens fire, and the ships shields rock as it comes to a stop not more than 20 meters directly over your heads. The response from the ship is deafening, turreted batteries of laser canons respond and the entire area is chaotically lit with explosions and canonfire. As the smoke literally clears you see little damage to the buildings and temples, though the defensive weaponry appears to have been melted to so much slag by the ships weaponry. The ship however is not unscathed and it ceases fire from lost power and rocks unsteadily for a moment. A brief clear view of the ship's name ARMAGEDDON appears all too appropriate as it's melted and scorched hull turns and lowers somewhat, revealing the open docking hatch.. which is already vacant..:smalleek:

Behind you in the doorway a huge figure lands like a humanoid tank. Leaving a dent where he hit, he stands even taller and turns as he whips out an enourmous icy blue white blade of solid crystal, which seems to be his theme, as over 8 feet of armored glacial frost covered bulk takes up much of the entrance to the Great Temple. In the brief instant since his arrival the ground is already covered in a patina of frost that seems to be rapidly growing.

"Hold em off here big guy, I'm covering you, Bossman is after the package."

"Very Well." And the huge figure looks down at Master Sunderfury, Mara Jade and the two of you. "I AM NEMISIS, I believe the phrase I'm looking for is NONE SHALL PASS!"

You sense some movement being screened by Mr. Megalithic Icicle standing in the doorway as something or someone flashes past and into the Temple.

@Frae'al: You get to a clearing around the academy and see an odd sight. hundreds of droids unfolding out of small almost torpedo shaped lumps all along the edge of the woods. Long arms and legs telescopically extending, the tiny torsos snap out revealing a small sensor disc of a head. No signs of armament, or function on the oddly shaped bronze colored droids. But suddenly a smattering of them takes off at an energetic pace, leaving most of them standing at attention but apparently inactive.

Asyr comes to a stop and looks at you inquisitively.

In the distance you hear the unmistakable sound of bombardment, coming from the academy.

RandomLunatic
2010-05-18, 11:11 PM
Frae'al was of no help at all, unsure whether she was looking at part of the Sith attack force or the surprise Mara had spoken of over dinner. She tried to dredge up an identification, zooming in with thermal to look for the tell-tale hotspots of armed but concealed energy weaponry.

((Knowledge (Technology) 1d20+5=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2525442/)))

Ridai
2010-05-19, 05:04 AM
Cyrus' lightsaber is already drawn when the docking hatch opens. When the huge figure lands, the Jedi enhances his body with the Force, surprised how easily he does so thanks to the crystal. He ignites his lightsaber, the deep bronze blade humming lowly, as he examines his enemy.

Force power HP costs halved by the crystal.
Uses his first round to use Enhance Dexterity ([roll0]), +6 Dex) and Battlemind ([roll1], +6 to attacks and an additional +1 from Force Secret).

-4 HP from the two bursts of speed, -1 from Enhance Dexterity, -4 from Battlemind.

Current HP: 133/142
Current Dexterity: 27
Current Defense: 32
Current Reflex: +16
Current attack bonus: +37/+32/+27 (+35/+35/+30/+25 with Rapid Strike)
Current damage bonus: 5d8+12

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-30, 05:30 PM
@Frae'al: The droids look surprisingly mundane. On thermal the only real heat sources are coming from their motivators. A power core small enough that it would have a hard time keeping a housecleaning droid going for long, combined with a very minamilist design, leaves you wondering what these droids could even be for. You would be frankly amazed if the things had anything as power intensive as a hold out. The heads seem to have sensors, possibly signal receptors as well, they might not even be autonomous.

The material they are made out of appears odd though. That sort of reflective dark bronze doesn't make you think of protocol droids, perhaps some odd metallurgy being involved wouldn't surprise you.

What is surprising is the droids that are activated seem to be remarkably quick.. moving at speeds human athletes would have trouble matching. Their ability to move in an almost organic fashion speaks very well of their programming and ability to balance at a breakneck pace.

@Keth and Cyrus: Master Sunderflame, a sizable specimen of the Armored Barabel race eyes Nemisis for a moment before engaging him. With a quickness that defies his size he strikes with a half dozen lightsaber strikes in an impressive show of speed strength and skill, attempting to overwhealm the huge being. The huge blade of the Icy marauder intercepts each blow without giving an inch. Mara Jade fires several blaster rounds into his upper chest as she ignites her own lightsaber. The fact that instead of bothering to parry he keeps his gaze unfocused and just ignores the bolts entirely to remain focused on blocking anyone from passing through the door is moderately disturbing.

Seeing the fight several nearby Jedi rush up the stairs to help, only to suddenly get telekinetically ripped from their footing and chaotically flung about. Blasts of force lightning assault the steps of the great temple and a slide of loose masonry and injured Jedi makes a sudden trip back to the bottom of the temple. A high pitched maniacal female laugh follows, though it's source remains hidden.

What are you doing?

RandomLunatic
2010-06-02, 12:29 AM
"Oh, sith..." Frae'al said. She unreeled the liquid cable from its dispenser and handed one end to Asyr. "Take this up that tree, tie it off, and then start picking off the runners. I'll be joining you shortly."

And while he did that, Frae'al unlimbered the formidable Mercatur. She looked for densest concentration of droids in enfilade and lined them up. The jungle made an excellent backdrop for testing the homemade canister rounds, as the foliage would mark the path of destruction. Of course, she did wish her first stress-test of the unproven combination was less... stressful. And that she had taken time to figure out where to put reloads beyond the first three in the longgun itself.

She waited for the blasterfire to start, then pulled the trigger... and observed.

((Init: 1d20+4=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2544443/)
Fire in the hole! 1d20+12=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2544445/)))