PDA

View Full Version : Memunim(new deity homebrew)

ArlEammon
2008-10-29, 02:48 AM
Name: Memunim
Portfolio: Magic, arcane knowledge
Alignment: chaotic good
Domains: magic, spells, illusion, charm, knowledge

Memunim

Size/Type: Medium Outsider(good, chaotic)
level 20 outsider (360 with con bonus)
level 27 Sorcerer (374 with con bonus)
level 20 Rogue (360 with con bonus)
level 21 illusionist (298 with constitution bonus)
Hit Dice: 88 HD, 1,392 hit points
Initiative: +15(+11 dex, +4 improved initiative)
Speed: 60 ft.
Armor Class: 106(+15 energy field, +11 dexterity, +10 robe of the exalted archmagi, +29 natural armor, +16 divine rank, +15 deflection bonus)
Grapple+28
Attack: +9 long bow +11 ranged (2d8+9)
Full Attack: +31/+26/+21/+16 long bow(2d8+9)
Space/Reach: 16miles/16 miles
Special Attacks: spells, supernatural abilities at will, salient divine abilities
Special Qualities: salient divine abilities, immunities, all domain powers as supernatural abilities at will, 21 fire resistance, 47 spell resistance, may perform automatic actions regarding all arcane knowledge
Damage Reduction 46/epic
Saves: +65 reflex, +70 fortify,+70 will
Abilities: 26 strength, 32 dexterity, 30 constitution, 40 intelligence, 30 wisdom, 40 charisma
Skills: Houserules, no skill slots for gods.
Feats: dodge, mobility, spring attack, point blank shot, shot on the run, run, quick draw, improved initiative, far shot, craft wand, craft staff, craft rod, craft wondrous item, combat casting, combat reflexes, skill focus(Arcana), spell focus; evocation, transmutation, abjuration, conjuration, illusion, greater spell focus; evocation, illusion, abjuration, transmutation, craft magic weapons and armor, meta magic feats; enlarge, quicken, empower, silent, widen spell and still, eschew materials, forge ring, spell penetration, greater spell penetration, repeat spell, fleet of foot, sacred spell, leadership, expertise, improved trip, weapon focus: short bow, disguise spell, energy subsitution
Epic Feats: enhance spells x 2
Environment: Chronia
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 52
Treasure: As character
Alignment: chaotic good
Advancement: N/A

Combat:
0-16th level spells at will as supernatural ability. 1 17th-33rd level slot spell per day.''

History:
Memunim was a global thief, the best at what he did, and evil. However, he made the mistake of stealing a holy relic from the lord Pelor's temple. The light blinded him, and he eventually became so humble that he was rewarded with the chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the gods forever by retrieving another relic that had been stolen. Memunim tracked an arch lich down, attempting to use the artifact, the Heart of Power, to ascend to Overpowership.

The lich, Vecna, was an avatar of the same named evil deity that fooled the gods into killing the native god of magic, Mollari. Accusations of betrayal to outsiders of the universe spread, and eventually, Mollari was executed by the god of war for treason. Wildly powerful runes were found inscribed throughout Mollari's celestial city in the heavens, powerful enough to outdo all the works of the gods. The god of war, Hachimon took this as immediate proof that rumors of rebellion were true, and Mollari was put to death.

Memunim undertook a dangerous mission to locate the liche's philactery and destroyed it. However, as he saw a knife sticking out of his back, he turned to see the party necromancer attempt to steal the philactery for what the adventurers didn't know was his lacky all along. Tosk, the necromancer took the remains and thought to bring it to his master, the planeswalking lich, Vecna. Memunim, through sheer force of will, took back his life force from fate long enough to fill Tosk's neck, back and head with arrows as he attempted to leave the crystal room. So impressed was Pelor that he allowed Memunim to take Vecna's reward instead.

The result was a confrontation between the party members of Memunim and Vecna's avatar that caused all of them to lose their lives, including the Archlich himself. Now the eyes and hands of Vecna stand as permanent reminders of how powerful he once was. Kas also laid his hands on the holy relic, only to discover that Vecna had cursed Kas for telling Vecna where the part members could find Vecna's ritual chambers. Kas was destroyed, and no one was left to claim the Supreme Crystal.

The Great Treaty between the warring gods allowed no native deity to enter the material plane without extremely unusual circumstances. The soul of Memunim was watched by the gods as he entered into the ritual chambers and tossed the Supreme Crystal into a mysterious vortex of oblivion. The Crystal would remain in a permanent state of existence and non-existence forever until the Chosen One would liberate the Crystal and bring a new force of Good into the universe.

Memunim was instead granted the power of Mollari at his weakest state of existence...

Recap
Memunim murders, steals for living... Memunim cursed by Pelor. Memunim turns from evil and healed. Memunim hunts down Vecna, who causes trouble with the gods by turning them on Mollari. The necromancer Tosk, a follower of Vecna and a group member of the Vigilants of Pelor, betrays, and murders Memunim after he destroys Vecna's philactery.

The party members of Memunim, their names being Goldstar(the paladin), Dracos(the fighter), Ardra(The druidess), Marcus(The ranger) and Abram(the wizard) confront Vecna's avatar and kill it, all dying in the process. Memunim's spirit defies death and tosses the Supreme Crystal into the Vortex. The Crystal cannot be destroyed, and so exists in a permanent state of existence and non-existence at the same time until the Chosen One liberates the Crystal.

Goals:
Memunim is given the status as god of magic. Memunim is the most unorthodox god of the Pantheon with a good alignment. He seeks to bring enlightenment to the world in non-magical establishments through magical ways. He invented artifice, although another god has that portfolio. Players may seek to follow Memunim if they want to have a spell caster without the stigma of being an evil spellcaster, if they seek to expand their arcane knowledge into areas other than magic (psionics), or if they want to change alignments and have more acceptance among those who know them. (even non-mages have this option)

Lappy9000
2008-10-29, 07:40 AM
Name: Memunim

Don't give deities stats; the PC's will try to kill them :smalltongue:

Seriously, though, interesting angle, but the history is worded poorly in places and somewhat hard to follow. It could benefit from another proofread, but I can point out some specific examples if you want.

In the crunch department, I am utterly useless here....

Zeta Kai
2008-10-29, 11:34 AM
I liked the story, but I agree with Lappy that it could/should be edited for clarity. Perhaps a rundown of the main participants in the story could be added at the beginning. It's an intriguing tale of epic deeds, & it deserves a polish.

As for the stats, He seems a little powerful, but if that's the power level that your shooting for then more power to you. The stats seem pretty solid, & I find no major flaws. Dieties aren't my specialty, but it looks good.

Lastly, what is Memunim's motivation? Boccob, Vecna, & Wee Jas already have magic & knowledge preety well under wraps. So what makes Memunim a diety that characters would choose? What sets Him apart? What is His goal? These are questions that should be answered before you throw Him into a game.

ArlEammon
2008-10-29, 09:58 PM
Here's an improved version

streakster
2008-10-29, 10:24 PM
Memunim!

Doo doo doo doo doo!

Memunim!

Doo doo doo doo!

Memunim!

...Yeah, I'll stop. As Lappy said, though - careful about giving stats to anything you don't want dead.

Lappy9000
2008-10-29, 10:58 PM
Memunim!

Doo doo doo doo doo!

Memunim!

Doo doo doo doo!

Memunim!

Doo doo doo doo doo

Doo doo doo

Doo doo doo

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!

My apogies to Armin. The fixed version is much better :smallsmile:

Scaboroth
2008-10-31, 03:51 AM
DAMMIT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevYBsShxNs)
Now that's going to be stuck in my head for days!

Lady Tialait
2008-10-31, 10:31 AM
ROLFMAO! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A)

Erm, other then that, this is a fine God, but as everyone else said, don't put stats on anything you want dead.

MythMage
2008-10-31, 05:46 PM
ROLFMAO! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A)

Erm, other then that, this is a fine God, but as everyone else said, don't put stats on anything you want dead.
I think you mean anything you don't want dead?

I disagree, at any rate. There are other reasons to stat. It allows you to be consistent about what abilities an entity has, as well as allowing you to compare it to other powerful entities. And, I suppose, he might want his PCs to kill or at least come into some measure of conflict with this god (such as perhaps having the god fight them to a stalemate or else disable them for dramatic effect). There are plenty of myths and fantasy stories about mortals killing gods, so it hardly seems unreasonable (if uncommon in practice) to go that way for some epic-level games.

That said, you're getting better with your stat blocks, Armin. Just keep working at it and you'll get it right eventually. I don't think this is CR 52, but I'm afraid it's almost impossible to measure accurately at that level, since different parties will vary wildly in ability. He seems rather more powerful than most deities of his divine rank, at any rate. I would cut down the spells to just the levels for which he gains bonus spells, as Divine Spellcasting normally does.

ArlEammon
2008-10-31, 06:08 PM
I think you mean anything you don't want dead?

I disagree, at any rate. There are other reasons to stat. It allows you to be consistent about what abilities an entity has, as well as allowing you to compare it to other powerful entities. And, I suppose, he might want his PCs to kill or at least come into some measure of conflict with this god (such as perhaps having the god fight them to a stalemate or else disable them for dramatic effect). There are plenty of myths and fantasy stories about mortals killing gods, so it hardly seems unreasonable (if uncommon in practice) to go that way for some epic-level games.

That said, you're getting better with your stat blocks, Armin. Just keep working at it and you'll get it right eventually. I don't think this is CR 52, but I'm afraid it's almost impossible to measure accurately at that level, since different parties will vary wildly in ability. He seems rather more powerful than most deities of his divine rank, at any rate. I would cut down the spells to just the levels for which he gains bonus spells, as Divine Spellcasting normally does.

Thank you for your advice Mythmage.. :)