PDA

View Full Version : Monk Levels from PrCs

LibraryOgre
2008-10-29, 10:36 AM
Looking at the Cloud Anchorite (from Frostburn) for another thread got this idea popped into my head:

If a certain class's abilities stack with monk levels, but you happen to not be a monk, do you get those abilities regardless?

Nothing says you have to have monk levels to get these, just that they stack with them... and you could stack 1 on top of 0 to get 1.

Starbuck_II
2008-10-29, 10:41 AM
Looking at the Cloud Anchorite (from Frostburn) for another thread got this idea popped into my head:

If a certain class's abilities stack with monk levels, but you happen to not be a monk, do you get those abilities regardless?

Nothing says you have to have monk levels to get these, just that they stack with them... and you could stack 1 on top of 0 to get 1.

Nope, 90% of Prc say: they do not grant progression it if don't have it.

But huh, the Cloud Anchorite is different.

Fax Celestis
2008-10-29, 10:42 AM
Since the Cloud Anchorite doesn't explicitly state the usual "no effect if not already possessed" clause, I am willing to go with the 0+1=1 concept here.

only1doug
2008-10-29, 10:54 AM
I've seen some that specifically state that 0+1=1, If i were GM'ing i'd have to decide on a case by case basis.

I would probably allow stacking a PRC that gave 0+1=1 with one that didn't, as your first PRC gives you enough monkiness to count towards the second.