PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Civilization 2 Question

Fri
2008-10-29, 07:52 PM
Right, so I just got this game, and after an almost non stop two days marathon of running games after games I think I finally get the hang of it. Awesome game, by the way. But I want to ask you freelance galactic conquerors a question, since I'm too lazy to register on the official forum.

So, I kept wanting to have a diplomatic victory, since that what we Terrans do :smallbiggrin: (that or influence victory. But our retro fashions and reality shows are so irresistible that I semi-accidentally got one already).

There's just this one thing. After some games, I realized that some times I don't have this 'green line' thing between me and my ally, eventhough we're allies. He help me as usual, He got ally status on my relation screen, but no green line in treaties screen.

It's particularly frustrating on this one epic game, which after a bloody intergalactic war, me and my one ally were finally able to force the rest of the galaxy to tremble against our might. But then I realized that the victory screen said that I need to have an alliance with one other civilization. That is my original ally.

Help a fellow galactic emperor here?

SolkaTruesilver
2008-10-30, 01:17 AM
It's either a bug, or you have missed something. I'd bet on the second part, since I think you already have confirmed allies with other computers..

(R you sure they did no simply cancelled the ally status? AI are a bitch when it comes to Ally Victory, because they don't want YOU to gain that victory, so they will sometimes retract from such treaties to prevent you from winning)

If it's still a bug, I'd recommend posting on the Galciv2's forum, where the devs could look it up..