PDA

View Full Version : Factotums in Pathfinder

LibraryOgre
2008-10-30, 09:32 AM
Is it just me, or do Factotums become the ultimate one-level dip in Pathfinder, given that they make every skill a class skill (thus allowing for easy PrC entry and large bonuses)?

Gaiwecoor
2008-10-30, 01:34 PM
I've never actually looked at the Factotum, but based on that one feature ... yes, absolutely. A +3 to all trained skills (from being in-class) is always a nice trick, plus lowering the requirements for PrCs is extra nice. (Only requiring 1 rank for any skill traditionally requiring 4? Absolutely)

Any disincentive to doing this has pretty much been removed, too; since they're no longer penalizing multiclassing (for the campaigns that enforced that rule), it's easier to get the bonus without the ill effects.

Fax Celestis
2008-10-30, 02:38 PM
Exemplar's the same way.

The Glyphstone
2008-10-30, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but you can't qualify for Exemplar until level 10, I think, at which point you probably meet the requirements for any PrC you want already.

Fax Celestis
2008-10-30, 02:51 PM
Yeah, but you can't qualify for Exemplar until level 10, I think, at which point you probably meet the requirements for any PrC you want already.

Well, sure, but it's still a +3 bonus to all skills with another +4 to 1+int on top of that, AND an 8+Int skill selection for at least one level.

Zeful
2008-10-30, 04:56 PM
Is it just me, or do Factotums become the ultimate one-level dip in Pathfinder, given that they make every skill a class skill (thus allowing for easy PrC entry and large bonuses)?

Despite claiming to be 3.5 compatible. The Pathfinder ruleset is just as compatible with 3.5 as 4th is.

So if you want to play a Factotum in Pathfinder your most likely going to have to house rule it.

Gaiwecoor
2008-10-30, 05:59 PM
Despite claiming to be 3.5 compatible. The Pathfinder ruleset is just as compatible with 3.5 as 4th is.

My group has been playing with both PF and 3.5 material intermingled (classes, PrCs, feats) and it has worked out very well so far. Every once in a while we run into an oddity; this just looks like one of them. Any time there are conversions, something is bound to miss. That doesn't mean it isn't compatible.