PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for a costume

Deathslayer7
2008-10-30, 11:36 PM
So, last minute i was invited to a halloween party, and i have no idea what to wear as a costume. Note that I like the homemade ones and not costume bought.

I was thinking something that used my giant straw hat i got from mexico but i need some ideas. Anyone have any?

Thanks in avance.

UncleWolf
2008-10-30, 11:44 PM
If you have the right stuff, you could go as a female Mariachi.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-30, 11:45 PM
would be a good idea to post that i am male and in fact not female. :smallwink:

and i lack the accessories to make that work, although i do have a guitar. :smalltongue:

mainly the shirt.

FoE
2008-10-30, 11:49 PM
And yet again it turns out there are no girls on the Internetz. :smalltongue:

A hobo is an exceedingly easy costume. Just rub some dirt on your face and wear some old, torn clothes. Get a stick and make a bindle.

UncleWolf
2008-10-30, 11:51 PM
*cough* Sorry.

Go as a Soggy Bottom Boy then. (Just watch Oh Brother Where Art Thou)

Deathslayer7
2008-10-30, 11:51 PM
I did that a few years ago. :smalltongue:

Had a sign around my nake that said will work for candy. Then on the back, I had ummm. lets say naughty things, yeah, naughty things written on the back. Specifically, naughty sounding names that involved a different type of work. :smallamused:

It is an inside joke between my high school classsmates and me, and even now in college. :smalltongue:

^: what's that supposed to mean? :smallannoyed:

FoE
2008-10-30, 11:54 PM
A zombie? You won't have time to shop around for a lot of make-up, but again: ripped-up clothes, a bit of dirt and liberal use of ketchup will do the trick. (Have the ketchup trail down from your mouth and be all over your shirt, like you recently fed on delicious human flesh.)

Alternatively, just go the vampire route. Vampire teeth should be easy to find. Wear lots of black and maybe sunglasses. You could even dye your hair if you're not a brunette.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-30, 11:55 PM
i might be able to get some makeup from some friends of mine. Friends that have so much blackmail on me it isnt funny.

Shhh! We do not talk about that!

Sorry.

Anyway, what I'm really lacking is the white-greenish makeup. If i could find that tomorrow... possibly.

FoE
2008-10-30, 11:58 PM
Incidentally, the Soggy Bottom Boys are a band comprised of the main characters from the film "O Brother Where Art Thou?" If you've ever heard "Man of Constant Sorrow" or a cover of it, that was the Soggy Bottom Boys' only hit.

Raien
2008-10-30, 11:58 PM
Yeah, a zombie is super easy to do, as long as you have some clothes you don't mind tearing up and getting bloody. And fake blood is pretty cheap, as is white makeup to pale yourself up and darker makeup to put around your eyes. If you have a female friend who has blue eyeshadow, put some chapstick on, then put the blue makeup over it to look like you're oxygen-deficient.

Also, spirit gum on your face with crushed up corn flakes covered in fake blood makes excellent looking raw burns.

Not that I've dressed up as a zombie a lot or anything.

thubby
2008-10-31, 12:00 AM
a bandito?
ohohoh, a zombie bandito

UncleWolf
2008-10-31, 12:01 AM
i might be able to get some makeup from some friends of mine. Friends that have so much blackmail on me it isnt funny.

Shhh! We do not talk about that!

Sorry.

Anyway, what I'm really lacking is the white-greenish makeup. If i could find that tomorrow... possibly.

For the make-up, all you need to do is mix powder with some lotion, add a very, very tiny drop of green food coloring and that would be good for zombie. For a vampire, just do the same instructions, except no food coloring. For blood, all you need is corn syrup and red food coloring.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-31, 12:04 AM
a bandito?
ohohoh, a zombie bandito

i laughed at that. :smallsmile:

Although i do lack the white pants and belt holster. Could do it with black and buy a bag of cornchip before i go. :smalltongue:

@wolfbane: may i ask what ytpe of powder did you use? :smallconfused:

UncleWolf
2008-10-31, 12:22 AM
I didn't use it, a friend of mine did, and I'd assume baby powder, but you'd need a lot of it. Enough to make a paste.

streakster
2008-10-31, 12:23 AM
Ninja. Easy as pie. Just wear a black long-sleeved shirt, black pant and shoes and socks, and tie a black t-shirt into a ninja hood. If you have them, black gloves. Boom, you're done.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-31, 12:38 AM
possibly, but ninja is unoriginal.

Zakama
2008-10-31, 02:16 AM
Get a wetsuit and go as a Mexican Scuba diver? Believe it or not I did this once...

Anteros
2008-10-31, 02:26 AM
possibly, but ninja is unoriginal.

You're going to be hard pressed to find an original halloween costume on such short notice. Especially if you're in Vegas where everything has been done. One thing you may want to keep in mind is whether your costume will interfere with certain...other...activities that may take place that night if you have good luck at the party. I've found that tons of makeup and dirt smeared on are generally bad for this situation. :smallbiggrin:

Raien
2008-10-31, 02:29 AM
You're going to be hard pressed to find an original halloween costume on such short notice. Especially if you're in Vegas where everything has been done. One thing you may want to keep in mind is whether your costume will interfere with certain...other...activities that may take place that night if you have good luck at the party. I've found that tons of makeup and dirt smeared on are generally bad for this situation. :smallbiggrin:

I actually had one of my friends (well, friend with benefits) get upset that I left his party without saying bye once...he said he was really looking forward to some zombie sex, lol. Then again, I have friends who are *really* into zombies.

RMS Oceanic
2008-10-31, 04:29 AM
Have you ever considered going as your own evil twin, or a clone or doppleganger of yourself? You'll get full marks for accuracy of costume.

pingcode20
2008-10-31, 04:48 AM
Have you ever considered going as your own evil twin, or a clone or doppleganger of yourself? You'll get full marks for accuracy of costume.

You've still got to be careful. Everybody knows Evil Twins wear conspicuously opposite-coloured clothing, and you'll need to borrow a marker to get the compulsory goatee and/or twirly moustache.

Then you have to arrive hunched over with your fingertips in a sort of Monty Burns-esque fashion.