PDA

View Full Version : 3.5, Two Odd builds

Nevermore
2008-10-31, 12:56 PM
Ok, since as of my Changeling Bard post the party has once more been decimated and a fifth player has joined, the Bard is nolonger necessary; We have Streepo, the Kobold Barbarian, a Human druid, a half orc Psionic warrior, a dwarven wizard and an Elven Cleric of Fenris. That and the Kobold plans on taking eventual bard lvls; thus I had to radically rethink my plan when my turn to dm is up.

Party is now lvl 4

Wood Elf Barbarian 1 Fighter 1 Ranger 2

Str 16
Dex 19
Con 12
Int 12
Wis 14
Char 8

Feats:
All class feats
1st lvl: Weapon Prof heavy repeating crossbow
fighter bonus feat: Weapon Focus "
Ranger Bonus Feat: Track
3rd lvl feat: Cross bow Sniper
Combat Style: Rapid shot

Skill points primarily into Spot, listen, search, he's not going to be amazingly stealthy. Favored enemy will be Aberrations.

His equipment consists of A MW Heavy repeating x-bow, a MW great Sword, a +1 Chain shirt, possibly mithril, a club and lots of alchemical grenades, especially thunder stones as well as potions.

The other option I'm considering is:

Catfolk Ninja 2 (Sudden strike house ruled to sneak attack) Barbarian 1

Str 14
Dex 17
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 17
Char 8

Feats:
Improved Natural Armor
Quick Reconoiter

Equipment +1 Spear
Bracers of Armor +1
Potions
The normal stuff.

Skills focusing on sneaking, perception and dealing with traps.

thoughts?

Telonius
2008-10-31, 01:14 PM
I hadn't ready your initial posts, so sorry if this advice doesn't work based on your campaign's constraints...

My initial thought was, go with the Ninja. Your group lacks a skillmonkey and a trapfinder.

Secondary thought, this is going to be a very large party. And it sounds like you might need lots of magical items. Artificer might be something for you to look into. You could play a blastificer build if you're looking to do archery-like damage. You could collaborate on crafting with both the Wizard and the Cleric, and UMD scrolls made by either of them. It also gives you trapfinding.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-31, 01:19 PM
Thought #1: Warrior, druid, cleric, wizard, barbarian.
You're lacking a much-needed skillmonkey.
Thought #2: Ninjas are bad news. Go with a rogue.
Thought #3: Rogue/Fighter isn't a bad idea, if you really want to rock the battle scene. rog2/fit2, going for rog3/fit2, focusing on Expertise feats.
Thought #4: A level dip into barbarian, though useful, is not neccesary. Don't do it if you can't take the dead level.

Nevermore
2008-11-02, 10:06 AM
Alright, the elven crossbow master is out.
The Barbarian lvls are far from dead; whats wrong with d12 hd, full BAB, good Fort, Uncanny dodge, more bonuses vrs traps and Rage when the crap hits the fan?

Anyway, since the game takes place in alot of swamps and along rivers a third build was pointed out to me.

Poison Dusk Lizardfolk Green Dragon Shaman

Str 14
Dex 15
Con 19
Int 14
Wis 8
Char 10

Feats:
Power Attack
Skill Focus Bluff
Jack of All Trades or Ancestral Weapon

Bluff 6 ranks
Hide 6 ranks
Move Silently 6 ranks
Search 6 ranks

+1 Spear
MW Chainshirt
all the other trappings

The druid likes to sit back, as does the Wizard. This character can go into melee and next lvl it can sit back to breath weapon. At lvl 6 Ability focus breath weapon. With super high con the save dc for the breath weapon is very high. It also has 4 vital skills the party does not have. As for Swim I get a nice racial bonus and breathe underwater at will.