PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man X9

afroakuma
2008-10-31, 03:16 PM
If they were to publish another main series X game, what would you like to see in it?

Characters, bosses, level ideas, etc.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-10-31, 03:30 PM
I think they should return to the roots of the series, rather than keep adding more. X1 and X4 were the best. (It'd be a lot like Megaman 9 in that regard if they did...)

Volug
2008-10-31, 04:17 PM
Mega Man 10 please

afroakuma
2008-10-31, 04:20 PM
What sort of bosses would they include?

In X9 or 10?

Fri
2008-10-31, 05:04 PM
God... god, please no.

Megaman Legends 3 please. MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3! WHY CAPCOM WHY!

And X was supposed to end long time ago.

Though, if you see them from gameplay point instead of story/setting point, that would work.

Question: other than the setting, what do you think the main difference between X series and original series. The others are different enough (Zero series, ZX, Exe, command mission, or legends)

afroakuma
2008-10-31, 05:29 PM
X is supposed to be faster-paced and darker. The general style is also supposed to be more about powering up and being severely outclassed.

In Classic, you start on top and exploit your heroicness by taking down robots that are sliiiightly less than your equals.

Triaxx
2008-10-31, 08:56 PM
Legends? The 3D one? Isn't that really just begging to arrive on the Wii? With a combination of the RE4 over the shoulder shooting and MP:3's move and shoot?

blakyoshi7
2008-10-31, 11:22 PM
I don't know much about "Legends" (How do you expect me to keep up with all Mega Man's spinoffs? I wasn't born back when Mega Man was good!) but considering Mega Man 9 and and the general success of things like the Virtual Console, this may just be the best time possible to start reviving series no one has ever heard of.

I'm seconding Mega Man 10. I didn't think the first Mega Man X was all that great, and we need more old-school NES graphics these days so 2D games can be considered worthwhile again. It's not all about graphics, people!

Triaxx
2008-11-01, 06:58 AM
X was 2D, and I thought it was pretty awesome. Especially after falling into pit, after pit, after pit, after pit, after pit, after pit... etc, ad nauseum. *cough*

FMArthur
2008-11-01, 11:33 AM
X series is done and should be left alone - should have been left alone even before the last couple were made. The Zero series and now the ZX series continue the same sort of gameplay, and actually advance the Mega Man story (as a single continuity). What Mega Man needs is Legends 3. I'd kill for it.

afroakuma
2008-11-01, 05:04 PM
I played through some of the first Legends and didn't see what all the fuss was about. Then I exchanged it for Tactics.

KillianHawkeye
2008-11-01, 06:51 PM
X series is done and should be left alone

Really? So how did they finally defeat Sigma? I've only played up through X7 and a little bit of that RPG one (Command Mission or Control Mission, I can never remember).

The problem with Sigma is they've created this villain that will never stop and never die. I mean, at least Wily eventually died (but for some reason he keeps coming back, too).

--

Anyway, Mega Man Legends was a great series (if you like Mega Man and you like RPGs). Good level design, and the RPG elements were great, mostly. The cost of upgrading all of the weapons was a little high in some cases, and towards the end you had to spend a few hours collecting Zenny if you wanted to max yourself out. But the best thing about the games was the story. They all had great stories, with interesting and lovable characters and a superb overall sense of humor. The Bonne family, especially, was very humorous and over the top. Also, I can NOT reccomend The Misadventures of Tron Bonne highly enough! Hilarious game!

Innis Cabal
2008-11-01, 07:02 PM
They boringed him to death.

X7 and X8 were by far the worst of the series, and Axl's introduction into the series was a let down.

No love for Forte. No love at all.

afroakuma
2008-11-01, 10:13 PM
Bass was fine in 7. 8 should never have happened. "Evil energy" my left nostril.

Axl was a disaster. Everything after X5 shouldn't have bothered trying for a story. And X7 was just a bad game.