PDA

View Full Version : If you were an animal...

Bronathair
2008-10-31, 11:34 PM
What animal would you be if you had a choice? It's kind of a question that's always been at play in every person's life. When you were a kid you could just use your imagination and you'd be good to go... but now that we're grown up imagination doesn't work and so we've got nothing.

All mumbo jumbo aside, I'd want to be a cat... probably a Panther.

Volug
2008-10-31, 11:35 PM
I truly wonder >.>

reorith
2008-10-31, 11:35 PM
i'd be a coyote so i could lick my groin and call no man master.

puppyavenger
2008-10-31, 11:36 PM
a pet, well cared for dog. Why, because it'd be like being stoned 24/7, always completely happy.

FireFox
2008-10-31, 11:37 PM
A red fox because they pretty much live everywhere, eat almost everything, and are cunning enough to escape an early death in this modern era.

Jayngfet
2008-10-31, 11:38 PM
I'd be an alligator snapper. Badass, can rip through flesh, live longer than any man, call no one master. And I can outright attack or stealth(a swimming hole during woodstock had like 20 of them full grown).

Reinboom
2008-10-31, 11:38 PM
A hydra.
Or a cat.

Or a cat-hydra.

Human is good too.

Cat-hydra-human that is.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-31, 11:41 PM
a dog. defintely. My dog just lies there in the sun all the time. :smalltongue:

FoE
2008-10-31, 11:45 PM
I would be a butterfly.

Because no one suspects the butterfly. :smallamused:

Collin152
2008-10-31, 11:47 PM
Cat.
Get to be aloof, mysterious, and make people sneeze.
Plus I look adorable.
It's all a step up.

AetherFox
2008-10-31, 11:49 PM
I suppose a snake. Morespecifiacally, the Fierce Snake.

It sits around all day, chilling out. If you p*ss it off, you can strike with deadly accuracy, speed, and one bite of venom can kill 100 humans in 45 minutes flat.

Plus, you can climb trees, swim, never have to call anyone master, and you're a snake! You really can't get much more badass.

reorith
2008-10-31, 11:52 PM
I suppose a snake. Morespecifiacally, the Fierce Snake.

It sits around all day, chilling out. If you p*ss it off, you can strike with deadly accuracy, speed, and one bite of venom can kill 100 humans in 45 minutes flat.

Plus, you can climb trees, swim, never have to call anyone master, and you're a snake! You really can't get much more badass.

i think we need to come to a fundamental definition of badass.

TigerHunter
2008-10-31, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't know what to do without opposable thumbs and sentience. I'd stay human.

phoenixineohp
2008-10-31, 11:55 PM
I'd be an alligator snapper. Badass, can rip through flesh, live longer than any man, call no one master. And I can outright attack or stealth(a swimming hole during woodstock had like 20 of them full grown).

Do you mean alligator as in relative of crocodiles, or alligator snapping turtle, as in the massive turtles that sit and lure food into their mouths in natures version of home delivery?

I would be a butterfly.

Because no one suspects the butterfly. :smallamused:

One of my all time favourite Simpsons jokes. Homer arrives as an unwilling missionary to a tropical island and is glad to see the beautiful, delicate butterfly in the harsh land.... until it rolls up and inserts itself under his skin, traveling to his brain. :smalleek:

Ahem. Topic? Right.
Cat. One of 3 or 4 types. But pretty much a cat.
Or snake. Or bird of prey. Which is odd, being a veggie. :smallconfused:

Zarrexaij
2008-11-01, 12:07 AM
I would be a butterfly.

Because no one suspects the butterfly. :smallamused:I KNOW WHAT YOU DID.

You caused the deaths of 3 million people by a flap of your wings. :smallfrown:

Sorry, had to make a Butterfly Effect reference.

I'm not sure what animal I'd be, but probably one with an inferiority complex or one who is greatly misunderstood and shy. Like a raven, perhaps.

Jenkins
2008-11-01, 12:19 AM
Wolverine. Those things can kill a moose and moose ain't easy to kill. Also, they can scare off bears. Just sayin, that's badass.

Haruki-kun
2008-11-01, 12:48 AM
I'd be a Lion. They just eat and sleep. Must be an easy life. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2008-11-01, 01:02 AM
A hydra.
Or a cat.

Or a cat-hydra.

Human is good too.

Cat-hydra-human that is.

I think the term you are looking for is a Sphinx. :smalltongue:

I'd want to be a Timber wolf. Not one of the puny modern ones but one of the HUGE, extremely intelligent timber wolves of a previous age.

thubby
2008-11-01, 01:07 AM
dog, something like a retriever maybe.
hawk is certainly attractive.
or a turtle, turtles are awesome :smallcool:

if we are going to get weird, a Cerberus or chimera would be interesting, so long as i get the legs

thubby
2008-11-01, 01:08 AM

i thought sphinxes were the cat-lion-birds.

pingcode20
2008-11-01, 01:09 AM
I would be an Octopus.

Why? Because then I could be, under the sea, in my garden, in the shade. :smallcool:

Totally not just because I was reading the Octopi thread a moment ago.

ghost_warlock
2008-11-01, 01:18 AM
I suppose I'd have to say that I'd be a thylacine. :smallfrown:

Raiser Blade
2008-11-01, 01:18 AM
I would be a Camel Spider (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU&feature=related)

Reinboom
2008-11-01, 01:34 AM

I'd want to be a Timber wolf. Not one of the puny modern ones but one of the HUGE, extremely intelligent timber wolves of a previous age.

When I say hydra, I mean the actual hydra. Just for biological immortality. And so I can keep splitting to reproduce myself. Other than that? Catgirl. All the way.

UncleWolf
2008-11-01, 01:38 AM
When I say hydra, I mean the actual hydra. Just for biological immortality. And so I can keep splitting to reproduce myself. Other than that? Catgirl. All the way.

For the Sphinx, I was referring to H.P. Lovecraft's version in The Tomb(I think that was the one with Harry Houdini as the main character). It was just one head among dozens.

skywalker
2008-11-01, 02:06 AM
Now, see, this is a tough question, because it cuts right to the core of human thought: Do I want to be a dog, or do I not? Because, as others have mentioned(or made obvious), a dog does call someone master. The question is, do you accept having a master so that you can live a simple life of luxury, free food, and other enjoyment? Or do you pick something for its freedom? I don't know... I think the further question is, do I retain some self-awareness? Because if I had once known that I was free to make my own choices, being a dog might suck. On the other hand, if I never knew, it might not be so bad, you know?

Wow... Good question.

WinterSolstice
2008-11-01, 02:26 AM
Maybe an Eagle. I like seafood as much as anybody, flight would be nice, and they mate for life, which is more than can be said of most humans.

Possibly a Panda, I'd be endangered so I'd receive top-notch medcare and dietary supplements. I'd also be super-adorable....but still have the capability to maul someone.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-01, 03:25 AM
I'd go with fennec fox, but there are several other animals which I'd sooner be rather then human as well. (TigerHunter, I'm pretty certain that other animals are sentinet as well. Also, life wouldn't be quite that easy, Haruki, especially if you're a lionesse.:smalltongue:)

Raiser Blade
2008-11-01, 03:35 AM
(TigerHunter, I'm pretty certain that other animals are sentinet as well.)

Animals are sentient but I think he means he wouldn't want to be an animal because they aren't nearly as smart as us humans.

InaVegt
2008-11-01, 03:41 AM
I'm going with Human.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-01, 03:41 AM
Personally, I tend to agree with Temple Grandin about animals being as intelligent as human while being intelligent in different ways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin . (shall we use PMs to discuss this further?)

Bouregard
2008-11-01, 03:49 AM
Fantasy creature: Dragon. Yep. Only addition would be I offer my service to a king as treasury guardian and head executioneer. Perfectlive for a big dragon :)

Real animal: Raven. You could fly. No natural enemy. Fine live.

Volug
2008-11-01, 08:08 AM
Personally, I tend to agree with Temple Grandin about animals being as intelligent as human while being intelligent in different ways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin . (shall we use PMs to discuss this further?)

Huh, I never thought about htat... Even though I did technically go with that idea I never thought about it >.>

FireFox
2008-11-01, 08:15 AM

Oh yes, I personally quite liked Grandin's work and theories; they make sense and seem like they would be true.

Castaras
2008-11-01, 09:09 AM
Hmm.

That's hard.

Probably Catgirl, like Reina. With being completely human and being completely cat being options as well.

DigoDragon
2008-11-01, 09:51 AM
Cat-hydra-human that is.

How about a Pyro-Cat-hydra-human? Best of all three PLUS fire! And who doesn't appreciate a good flame? :smallbiggrin:

Hmm.
Probably Catgirl, like Reina. With being completely human and being completely cat being options as well.

Like a shapeshifter? Switch forms at will when it suits us? I'd go for that option (unless fantasy creatures count, then I'd go dragon all the way like Bouregard). Though I'd assume I'd be a catboy instead if we're keeping our gender.

Castaras
2008-11-01, 09:51 AM
How about a Pyro-Cat-hydra-human? Best of all three PLUS fire! And who doesn't appreciate a good flame? :smallbiggrin:

Like a shapeshifter? Switch forms at will when it suits us? I'd go for that option (unless fantasy creatures count, then I'd go dragon all the way like Bouregard). Though I'd assume I'd be a catboy instead if we're keeping our gender.

Yup, that option exactly.

Beholder1995
2008-11-01, 10:19 AM
I'd like to be something cool and sophisticated, like a mink or a panther... but I think I'm really more of a weasel or ferret. :smalltongue:

As for fantasy creatures... do I really need to say it?

Gray Jester
2008-11-01, 10:57 AM
Hmm... Well, if I had to choose an animal, I'd say human. Animal other then human? Bonobo. They've got it pretty good, and are still pretty intelligent in the same way.

For fantasy animals... I'm not sure. Probably a doppleganger or some other shapeshifter: all the advantages of previously mentioned things, such as cat-people, and none of the having to stay in one form. I'd probably favor a cat-person form, though, simply for reflexes and whatnot, although maybe I'd sprout wings now and then. :P

wxdruid
2008-11-01, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't mind being a Siberian Tiger. That would be fun.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-01, 11:15 AM
In regards to fantasy creatures, I'd probably want to be a Kitsune.

FireFox
2008-11-01, 11:44 AM
Fantasy wise, I'd like to be a phoenix. One of the most symbolic creatures ever, and they're just cool.

Volug
2008-11-01, 11:45 AM
Going fantasy now?

Werewolf of course >.> So I can be both Human and Wolf when I want =\

I'll probably be human most of the time though.

Robz_defheadz
2008-11-01, 11:49 AM
Shark.

Immune to all known diseases, live for a long time eat dolphins. What more could a guy want?:smallamused:

Mando Knight
2008-11-01, 11:50 AM

Fantasy-wise, I'd pick shape-shifter... or Dragon. ...Wait, Gold dragons do both...

Real animal? Probably a feline or hawk.

reorith
2008-11-01, 11:52 AM
Shark.

Immune to all known diseases, live for a long time eat dolphins. What more could a guy want?:smallamused:

you forgot how sharks have two wangs.

Exachix
2008-11-01, 12:21 PM
Fox. DUUH!

Or kitsune so I can shapeshift.

Robz_defheadz
2008-11-01, 12:32 PM
you forgot how sharks have two wangs.

does the awesomeness never end?

Winter_Wolf
2008-11-01, 12:47 PM
Either a wolf, or specifically either a husky (Siberian or Alaskan) or Samoyed. Because you just know if you only specify "dog" you could end up as a breed you wouldn't want to be associated with.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-11-01, 01:07 PM
A kitty, or maybe a Lemur. Kittys are my favourite, but they get turned into fur so that would suck :smallfrown:

Tamis
2008-11-01, 01:18 PM
Real animal: Raven. You could fly. No natural enemy. Fine live.

You could argue that humans would be your natural enemy. They're extinct in quite a lot of European countries you know.

I'd be a wolf, scaring the bejebus out of dogs and a big family that has your back ('cause I'd be the alpha female). Also wild and free.

Raz_Fox
2008-11-01, 01:21 PM
Real Life: Do I have to say it? Fine, I'd be a fox. Surprise surprise. :smallamused:

Fantasy: Becoming a Gryphon would be awesome. I get to fly, I've got the sheer physical power of a lion, and I'm cuter than a dragon.

Collin152
2008-11-01, 01:59 PM
Fantasy Creature?
Hmm...
Blink Dog?

Copacetic
2008-11-01, 02:02 PM
Real Animal? Ti-tigon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigon). Because you are bigger than other other unhybrid cat, and are fertile, unlike ligers or tigons.

Fantasy? S-H-A-P-E S-H-I-F-T-E-R

Atomsized
2008-11-01, 02:21 PM
I would be a squirrel. I would be able to climb anywhere, jump anywhere, and have unparalleled (or something like that) balance.

For fantasy, i would probably be a moogle.

EDIT: Moogles are fantasy! :smallwink:

Ravyn
2008-11-01, 03:20 PM
For a real creature, I'd probably go crow. Particularly a New Caledonian crow--avian intelligence personified, and they make their own tools. How cool is that?

Fantasy creature? Were-ferret. Cute, cuddly, goes well in small places, and utterly unpredictable.

Lupy
2008-11-01, 03:23 PM
A pet budgerigar. My whole day: eat, sleep, play with toys, clean myself.

It'd be great!

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 03:48 PM
I'd be a Solenodon!
http://pikaia.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/solenodon_cubanus.jpg
It's a triple threat! Tiny, and ratlike, but has Rattlesnake like venom!
Truly an awesome animal.

Twila
2008-11-01, 11:58 PM
For a real animal I'd be a cat or a wolf.

For fantasy I'd be a dragon or a shape-shifter.

fraud
2008-11-02, 12:41 AM
a centaur! Truly awsome animals.:smallbiggrin:

If you were talking about real animals I'd be a Ring-Tailed-Lemur. After doing a report on them for school I realised how smart and awsome they are! Truly awsome real animals:smallwink:

Sub_Zero
2008-11-02, 07:16 AM
I'd wanna be a duck-billed platypus, they're so cool :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-02, 09:31 AM
A persistent pelican!
Or a fish in a bowl.
Or a very lazy dog.

Ilena
2008-11-03, 10:27 AM
a centaur! Truly awsome animals.:smallbiggrin:

Yes you know where its at! but ya definately centaur, if not then horse, horses are awesome :P

Zeful
2008-11-03, 11:15 AM
I'd be a wolf, one of the old breeds that Mastiff Hounds are decedent from.

Fantasy, Human-wolf Duomorph (two forms. If you know a real word with such a meaning then tell me). It's not really fantasy, but I don't want to infect other people or have a hybrid form (human me with a tail or something would not be attractive).

late for dinner
2008-11-03, 12:23 PM
Man there are so many

Real: Elephant, because nobody messes with an elephant, and when they do, it takes a lot to bring one down. I was watching "Planet earth" and it took an entire pride of lions to bring a small one down. I would be huge. and if you made me mad, I would step on your head.

Rat, They attack anything no matter how big, they can scale brick walls, they can tread water for 3 days straight, and 80% of the time they can walk away from a fall of 5 stories.

Dolphin, I have just always liked the dolphin/killer whale. they are amazing creatures and really smart.

Monkey, I am suprised no one has said this one yet.

Fantasy:

Gryphon, Pretty much a flying lion bird. It can maul you and peck your eyes out.

Unicorn, Doesnt the world end if a unicorn is killed???? They must be really powerful...my Halo emblem is a unicorn.

Mando Knight
2008-11-03, 12:27 PM
Fantasy, Human-wolf Duomorph (two forms. If you know a real word with such a meaning then tell me). It's not really fantasy, but I don't want to infect other people or have a hybrid form (human me with a tail or something would not be attractive).

Shapeshifter... therianthropy... lycanthropy... Link...

Zeful
2008-11-03, 12:37 PM
Shapeshifter... therianthropy... lycanthropy...

Those mostly imply more forms than I'd like (shapeshifter), or the ability to make others into creatures like myself (-thropy suffix). I was looking for a word like polymorph (many forms) or monomorph (one form) that would describe simply two forms.

Link... The wolf form was cool.

Telonius
2008-11-03, 01:15 PM
Real animal: I'd prefer to stay as a human. If I had to pick, then dolphin. Nearly as smart as us, and spend their time in the water all day.

Fantasy creature: Dragon.

itsmeyouidiot
2008-11-03, 03:31 PM
I kinda wish my life were more like my cat's.

Everyone is nice to him, he gets to wander the neighborhood, he has multiple houses to visit when he's hungry (he only spends significant amounts of time here when I waste my money buying wet food :smallconfused:), he can kill all the small animals he wants (and will go through large amounts of trouble bringing them to the yard, much to my roommates' annoyance.), and spends much of his day lazily hanging on the windowsill.

I sometimes wish I could just spend all my time doing nothing, you know?

Belkarsbadside1
2008-11-03, 03:34 PM
I want to be an owlbear.

Supagoof
2008-11-03, 03:35 PM
Rhino for real. Uber-tough like the elephant, but not sought after for the ivory.

Pixie for fantasy. Tricky, quick and flies. Spend the rest of my days having endless fun. :smallbiggrin:

Vagnarok
2008-11-03, 06:20 PM
I really like being a human, but if I had to choose, I guess I'd pick some kind of raptor... Maybe a harpy eagle.

For fantasy animals, I'd have to say that I'd be a Kird Ape from MtG.

Aystra
2008-11-03, 08:36 PM
I would like to be either a fox or a raccoon. :smallsmile:

Collin152
2008-11-03, 08:40 PM
Those mostly imply more forms than I'd like (shapeshifter), or the ability to make others into creatures like myself (-thropy suffix). I was looking for a word like polymorph (many forms) or monomorph (one form) that would describe simply two forms.

The wolf form was cool.

Shapeshifter implies states that you shift shapes, nothing more.

blackfox
2008-11-03, 08:42 PM
My RL name means 'lion,' so it could be that, or it could be an ordinary stripey housekitty. Or a black fox. Depending.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-03, 09:37 PM
I'd want to be a white tiger. I don't know there official name. But they are the most beautiful kitties.

Zeful
2008-11-03, 10:07 PM
I'd want to be a white tiger. I don't know there official name. But they are the most beautiful kitties.

Albino is the phrase your looking for. For years I just thought they were Russian tigers (because Russia was a place were there is never not snow on the ground in movies).

Matticus
2008-11-04, 02:21 AM
Albino is the phrase your looking for. For years I just thought they were Russian tigers (because Russia was a place were there is never not snow on the ground in movies).

There's a recessive gene in Bengal tigers which makes them white and black instead of orange and same. Bit different to albino, but they're definitely the coolest cat out there.

I'd like to be a duck. Ducks look nice, but they're really vicious. Good fun.

Coidzor
2008-11-04, 03:05 AM
Totally a Raccoon, since they're clever little dickenses and one of the few animals that does well with a glut of humanity mucking about the place.

Fantastical, definitely a werewolf that is actually based off of wolves rather than crazy europeanist propaganda.

edit: @ Matticus, it might be Leucism, where pigmentation is eliminated but not entirely (animals still have eye pigments, usually, generally avoid most of the health problems of albinos)

starwoof
2008-11-04, 03:24 AM
Totally a Raccoon, since they're clever little dickenses and one of the few animals that does well with a glut of humanity mucking about the place.

Oh me too! Raccoons have thumbs!

Alternatively a panda, because they are basically just really big raccoons!