PDA

View Full Version : Whats the coolest paladin mount you can think of?

Kris Strife
2008-11-01, 02:35 AM
I came up with the idea of a paladin (immortal/turned to stone/time warped) in modern day riding a celestial motorcycle. White and gold instead of black and chrome. What's your idea? Any time period, I just liked the motorcycle for modern day.

chronoplasm
2008-11-01, 02:46 AM
A celestial pangolin.

Alysar
2008-11-01, 02:48 AM
A meteor

chronoplasm
2008-11-01, 02:51 AM
A tavern wench.

A giant sword you ride around on like a surfboard.

A cart pulled by Tucker's Kobolds.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-11-01, 02:54 AM
I've always been fond of dragon mounts. Usually when I play high enough level paladins I make them take Leadership(and often Epic Leadership) just so their cohort becomes their special mount.
At lower levels though, I do love dire wolves and boars. One time I had a celestial giant eagle, that was good fun.

Kris Strife
2008-11-01, 02:56 AM
A giant sword you ride around on like a surfboard.

I actually tried that with an animated shield while falling, failed my dex roll though

edit: woot! hafling itp!

jcsw
2008-11-01, 02:57 AM
An invisible bicycle.

Kris Strife
2008-11-01, 03:23 AM
I've always been fond of dragon mounts. Usually when I play high enough level paladins I make them take Leadership(and often Epic Leadership) just so their cohort becomes their special mount.

My paladin was half gold dragon, so that would be weird and creepy yet fitting.

Wih
2008-11-01, 03:25 AM
A Rust Monster.

BobVosh
2008-11-01, 03:28 AM
Celestrial dire feral platypus for a gnome. Any other silly templates you can think of.

Townopolis
2008-11-01, 03:58 AM
Animated hobby horse.

You'd probably want to ride it sidesaddle, otherwise it could get really uncomfortable.

As for a serious answer, I'm partial to percherons, though shire's are pretty spiffy looking too. I prefer the percheron because shorter length generally means a bit more agility. On the other hand, shire's have feathers, and percherons don't, and feathers are pretty cool.

Exotic mounts just don't appeal that much to me, at least for a human paladin, and most of mine are.

Bayar
2008-11-01, 04:33 AM
Clockwork Steed. Brass Steed.

Wield an oversized wrench and wear a set of Clockwork Armor.

Paladin Engineersare awesome.

Kizara
2008-11-01, 04:46 AM
A 10ft Pole.

Ba-dum-dum-tish.

For a serious answer, I can't think of anything I'd rather have then a good-sized dragon. Really, what is awesomer then a dragon?

KIDS
2008-11-01, 04:49 AM
I'm planning to get a Celestial Monstrous Spider (Large) with a jungle-themed paladin. I hope the DM lets me...

Otherwise, the bicycle one was great!

starwoof
2008-11-01, 05:01 AM
I came up with the idea of a paladin (immortal/turned to stone/time warped) in modern day riding a celestial motorcycle. White and gold instead of black and chrome. What's your idea? Any time period, I just liked the motorcycle for modern day.

Nope, I can't think of anything cooler than that.

Except maybe a giant celestial boar.:smalltongue: That's what I would ride as a pally!

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-01, 05:08 AM
Dragon, pegasus, and unicorn are all classics, and all really cool.

Kiero
2008-11-01, 05:10 AM
Call me strange, but what's wrong with a horse?

Drider
2008-11-01, 05:12 AM
A Buer from Tome of magic (the lion thingy)

Lyndworm
2008-11-01, 05:14 AM
A Titanic Celestial Horrid Dire Mammoth. Oh yes.

Zack

Kris Strife
2008-11-01, 05:18 AM

Nothing, but some times even a paladin wants to have style... And being lawful, they gotta follow the Rule of Cool.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-01, 05:30 AM

They can't fly, for one. A mount that doesn't fly is worth its weight in rocks loaded on your back after level 5 or so. (So, you know, immediately upon acquiring it.)

Daracaex
2008-11-01, 05:32 AM
Snuggles, though good luck getting the paladin on him and alive at the same time.

Malfunctioned
2008-11-01, 06:21 AM
I'm planning to get a Celestial Monstrous Spider (Large) with a jungle-themed paladin. I hope the DM lets me...

Otherwise, the bicycle one was great!

I think I remember reading about one awesome campaign were the insane paladin was granted a Celestial Monstrous Spider as a mount.

EDIT: Just had a thought, Celestial Ascomoid

WychWeird
2008-11-01, 06:24 AM
Piggyback on an ice golem

Erm... I think I may have missed the point :smallredface:

Dragor
2008-11-01, 06:26 AM
Yourself.

Enjoy working out that one.

Reaper_Monkey
2008-11-01, 06:34 AM
Two halves of a coconut! =D

Seriously - Erm, Hydra (Twelve-Headed, obviously) or possibly a purple worm would be pretty damn awesome...

However:

Clockwork Steed. Brass Steed.

Wield an oversized wrench and wear a set of Clockwork Armor.

Paladin Engineers are awesome. (fixed)

Yes, oh yes! This, this is the epitome of awesome!
I think that settles it; a Clockwork Thirteen-Headed Hydra mount with wings (needs ta fly too), whilst wielding a massive wrench (one headed weapon for the size class bigger than you, with feats to make it awesome and so it can be still wielded one handed), wearing clockwork armour and goggles on your head! - The grind of gears could be heard from miles away, a steady rhythm signalling the constant passing of time, each second counting down to your last...

*Starts to spec this out* This is so going to be my next character!

Satyr
2008-11-01, 06:51 AM
If you are small, you can ride on an Elf. Sometimes you will have the feeling it almost understands every word you say.

Likewise, enslaved demons are a great way to show how tough you are as a paladin.

If you are a member of small, underground dwelling species, you can ride a giant dire star nosed mole. Especially if you are a Pladin of Cthuluh.

Drakefall
2008-11-01, 07:04 AM
An animated house. The chimney can create a smoke screen.

Chronoplasm's surfing sword was a pretty awesome idea if you can get the DM to let you ride it without having to roll to stay on...

Hmm... the coolest mount of all time, ever I can think of is probably Binky. Now that's a horse.

Zenos
2008-11-01, 07:05 AM
Two halves of a coconut! =D

Seriously - Erm, Hydra (Twelve-Headed, obviously) or possibly a purple worm would be pretty damn awesome...

*snip*

A Fremen Paladin?

Bryn
2008-11-01, 07:09 AM
A nuclear bomb, à la Dr. Strangelove.

A bear.
A robot bear.
A steampunk mechanical bear.
A clockpunk mechanical bear.
A bear that shoots frikkin' laser beams out of its eyes.

A weird dinosaur thing (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/tmrrp2store.jpg) for desert Paladins.

A hat with wings on it.

A purple worm. For innuendo purposes.

Zenos
2008-11-01, 07:13 AM
A tank huge animated object that shoots lasers lightning bolts from its turret head. With white and gold plating. And an organ in the back. That shoots fireballs when played.

lordbrocktree
2008-11-01, 07:48 AM
a celestial nightmare

Ionizer
2008-11-01, 07:50 AM
A Giant/Dire Hedgehog!:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/OChul.jpg

OR! A CELESTIAL Giant/Dire Hedgehog:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/OChul2.jpg
Yes, I posted those before in a "Guess O-Chul's Mount" Thread, but they were way too awesome not to be posted again.

ashmanonar
2008-11-01, 08:01 AM
I think I remember reading about one awesome campaign were the insane paladin was granted a Celestial Monstrous Spider as a mount.

EDIT: Just had a thought, Celestial Ascomoid

Ahh, the Big Damn Campaign by SilverClawShift? I love reading that.

WychWeird
2008-11-01, 08:08 AM
As I really enjoy playing Buckawn (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/fey/buckawn.htm) characters (see avatar!) - I might be tempted to create a Buckawn Paladin with a Maine cat (http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/blog/ny-maine-coon3-tn.jpg) as a mount :smallbiggrin: It may not be the coolest but it certainly appeals to me!

Edit: My apologies - the cat pedigree is filtered

brant167
2008-11-01, 08:44 AM
A Rhino with the winged template... perfect for a half ogre paladin of freedom with a few ranks in preform drum.

Dogmantra
2008-11-01, 09:02 AM
The animated corpse of the BBEG.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-01, 09:44 AM
Hm. I'll give my top 4.

4.)Armored Attack Bear (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/pjanosko/bear_cavalry.jpg).
3.)Gold or Silver Dragon (http://fc41.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/258/4/a/Dragon_Rider_by_super_ninja_monkeys.jpg)
2.) Celestial Dire Bat (still predominantly black, though)
1.)The Celestial Motorcycle (couldn't find a good pic for this one).

Malfunctioned
2008-11-01, 09:48 AM
Ahh, the Big Damn Campaign by SilverClawShift? I love reading that.

That was it!

Man, that thing is seventeen levels of awesome :smallbiggrin:

EvilElitest
2008-11-01, 09:52 AM
a blackguard would weir a pair of fast running gnomes as roller skates
from
EE

Starsinger
2008-11-01, 09:57 AM
Unicorns, nothing like having a Mount that can heal you.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-11-01, 09:59 AM
Gelatinious cube! Your enemies would never suspect your mounted if you take the time to clean it out every now and then. Also, it's a mount genetically designed for dungeons.

Megaraptor. ...C'mon, I'm not the only one who's though of riding a giant velicoraptor into combat!

T-Rex...I know I'm not the only one who thought of this and a winged T-Rex is almost as cool as a dragon.

Hmm...All I got.

Fhaolan
2008-11-01, 10:22 AM
Animated hobby horse.

You'd probably want to ride it sidesaddle, otherwise it could get really uncomfortable.

As for a serious answer, I'm partial to percherons, though shire's are pretty spiffy looking too. I prefer the percheron because shorter length generally means a bit more agility. On the other hand, shire's have feathers, and percherons don't, and feathers are pretty cool.

Exotic mounts just don't appeal that much to me, at least for a human paladin, and most of mine are.

Agree on the Perch, or a Belgian which is similar in most respects. Mainly because the only Shire I've actually spent a lot of time with was psychotic thanks to being overtrained. Before that it hadn't occured to me that it could be a problem, but this poor horse was trained up to a very high level, in several different disciplines, so knew *far* too many signals many of which conflicted. We never knew exactly what she would do because we didn't know which set of signals she'd respond to at any given time, and she knew more signals than any of her riders did...

Now RL aside, I've always wanted to do a Goth Paladin riding a Dire Bat. Just for the image. Like an old-style album cover. :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 10:22 AM
Tarrasque mayhap?
Only trouble is the DM might rule that it is asleep most of the time. . .
Does neothelid count? Because winged or not, it would still kick ass.

Lord Herman
2008-11-01, 10:39 AM
Mount Doom.

*runs from pun police*

Random NPC
2008-11-01, 10:45 AM

how about your mom

oooooooh :smallbiggrin:

But in all seriousness, riding a Longcat would be epic

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 10:51 AM
Mount Doom.

*runs from pun police*
:smallsigh:
Make that an ANIMATED Mount Doom, and We may allow that.

Tengu_temp
2008-11-01, 11:04 AM
A giant, floating stone head that has your diety's face. It looks angry.

Unicorns, nothing like having a Mount that can heal you.

Not all paladins would be okay with the prerequesites, though.

FMArthur
2008-11-01, 11:13 AM
A meteor

Seconded. That would probably be the most awesome thing a character could do in D&D.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-01, 11:16 AM
Now RL aside, I've always wanted to do a Goth Paladin riding a Dire Bat. Just for the image. Like an old-style album cover. :smallbiggrin:

I had not considered this. I think I'll add it to my list of mounts.
...Because, you know, my avatar...

Hal
2008-11-01, 11:17 AM
Wasn't there the ol' "Intelligent Sword with levels in Paladin whose special mount is a person" setup?

Lord Herman
2008-11-01, 11:21 AM
How about... a pogo stick?

TempusCCK
2008-11-01, 11:21 AM
I have been given the opportunity to use velocoraptors and tryanosaurs as my mount, and I declined. My response was something like...

"What? No way, have you seen Jurassic Park?"

Dinosaurs will turn on you at a moments notice. Never trust them.

Bayar
2008-11-01, 11:24 AM
Continuing with the mechanical line of mounts:

Any dragon or cool thing, with the Effigy creature template or Elder Eidolon template (Complete arcane / Lords of madness IIRC).

Example:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ca_gallery/85481.jpg

Not all paladins would be okay with the prerequesites, though.

Elven female paladin and get it free.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-01, 11:33 AM
A giant, floating stone head that has your diety's face. It looks angry.

You're also required to wear nothing but a red leather harness, and to have blinding chest hair.

Ponce
2008-11-01, 11:37 AM
A nuclear missile.

And then I'd roll up a crusader.

SilentNight
2008-11-01, 11:39 AM
Celestial or half-celestial giant eagle.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-11-01, 11:41 AM
I have been given the opportunity to use velocoraptors and tryanosaurs as my mount, and I declined. My response was something like...

"What? No way, have you seen Jurassic Park?"

Dinosaurs will turn on you at a moments notice. Never trust them.

This, admittedly obvious and real, risk is negated by the sheer awesome of riding a T-rex through the wall of the BBEG's lair to swallow him/her/it whole.

horseboy
2008-11-01, 11:43 AM
You know, ever since 2nd I've been wondering, what does a centaur paladin get for a mount. :smallconfused:

KnightDisciple
2008-11-01, 11:44 AM
What about a modified iron golem, with drills on it's arms?
Then you get kicking shades (http://api.ning.com/files/3ua75cGBZuKpofsQj6mcIuhKz8OMS*HnzD7vRgBzzF4_/KaminaMotivational.jpg).

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-01, 11:44 AM
You know, ever since 2nd I've been wondering, what does a centaur paladin get for a mount. :smallconfused:

They get charging smite.

Thane of Fife
2008-11-01, 12:00 PM
You know, ever since 2nd I've been wondering, what does a centaur paladin get for a mount.

You can't have centaur paladins in 2nd. Humans only.

Personally, though, I'm a big fan of the traditional warhorse. Although having a Zaratan as your mount would be amazing.

"That's no island, that's my mount!"

Callos_DeTerran
2008-11-01, 12:03 PM

Personally, though, I'm a big fan of the traditional warhorse. Although having a Zaratan as your mount would be amazing.

Aren't Zaratans the giant swimming turtles from Arms & Equipment guide?

horseboy
2008-11-01, 12:06 PM
You can't have centaur paladins in 2nd. Humans only.He was polymorphed for being a vane, jack ass clothes horse. :smallamused:

DM ruled so long as I kept the "Human mind" part I could stay a paladin.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-01, 12:08 PM
Celestial T-Rex wielding Febreeze.

Next question. :smallamused:

Starsinger
2008-11-01, 12:09 PM

... the ability to treat your lower half as a separate entity?

Thane of Fife
2008-11-01, 12:19 PM
Aren't Zaratans the giant swimming turtles from Arms & Equipment guide?

They are indeed giant swimming turtles. Giant swimming, island-sized turtles. I can't comment on what 3rd edition book they're from.

He was polymorphed for being a vane, jack ass clothes horse.

DM ruled so long as I kept the "Human mind" part I could stay a paladin.

Right. Maybe a griffon would work? He could carry you around in his talons.

Yukitsu
2008-11-01, 12:30 PM
I went with a flying celestial space crocodile. Because style counts.

Random NPC
2008-11-01, 12:40 PM

You mean like all males :smallconfused:

hamishspence
2008-11-01, 12:43 PM
yes, and at 80 ft Space they are a very big monster. however in 3.0 monsters were at lot bigger- when Epic 3.5 update turned gigantic monsters into 50ft space it may not have been the wisest decision.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-11-01, 12:53 PM
They are indeed giant swimming turtles. Giant swimming, island-sized turtles. I can't comment on what 3rd edition book they're from.

Yeah, I remember the Zartan now. Technically it'd be the mount for three paladins though because you need that many to pilot it. :smalltongue: (And yes, it's Arms and Equipment Guide)

If your going to go for COLOSSAL! creatures though, why not a soarwhale?

Calinero
2008-11-01, 01:26 PM
Dire Celestial Gelatinous Cube. It would be awesome.

O-Chul.

A gazebo. An Awakened gazebo.

Rift_Wolf
2008-11-01, 01:31 PM
A pixie paladin with a celestial cocktrice mount!

Doomsy
2008-11-01, 01:41 PM
A giant.

MASTER BLASTER RUNS LAW TOWN!

Zenos
2008-11-01, 02:07 PM
Celestial Cachalot (a kind of whale). If not, a celestial Dragon Turtle. Have fun being the terror of all Evil seafarers.

Celestial Fel Beast (You know, LoTR...)

Flickerdart
2008-11-01, 02:16 PM
A gazebo. An Awakened gazebo.
I was reading through this thread, and hoping nobody said that...and then you did. :smallmad:

Ascension
2008-11-01, 02:19 PM
Gold Great Wyrm. Or at least it lets you think it's your mount. In actuality, you're its cohort. Regardless, the effect is great. Especially if you're also dressed in gold armor.

Alternatively, Bahamut. Why settle for less than your god?

chiasaur11
2008-11-01, 02:27 PM
A Gorilla with a jetpack and machine guns in each hand.

Inyssius Tor
2008-11-01, 02:34 PM
Alternatively, Bahamut. Why settle for less than your god?

"Not you; I named the drake Bahamut."

ThrustVectoring
2008-11-01, 03:00 PM
Pegasus, all the way. Bonus points if you use it to bull rush people on ladders/trees/etc. After lance charging them, of course.

Bayar
2008-11-01, 03:20 PM
The ultimate mount.

Paladin sticks a rocket up his ass. Goes flying towards the mobs and deals double damage with lance. The party has to roll will saves so that they dont roll on the floor laughing.

Orak
2008-11-01, 03:39 PM
The coolest thing I have done with a paladin mount was as a DM and not as a player. I presented an option for choosing a mount in the form of a dream. It went as such.

You awaken driving a trap pulled by a tired nag along a rural dirt road. Sores cover its back where the harness has worn away the fur and skin. It is early morning and the last of the fog is burning off. Small shacks dot fields of oats and corn in this dusty stretch of farmland. A eagle shrieks as it flies overhead, hunting its first meal of the day before the world fully wakes.

In a partially tilled field there is a large black draught horse pulling a plow. Steam rises from his back as he pulls against the yoke, tilling up the earth with his tremendous strength.

Beyond the in an open field a courser hurtles across an open field, mane blowing, wild and free. It stops and whinnies, declaring his rebellion against the constraints of the world.

The farmland gives way to a town and cobblestones replace the dirt roads. Stone building rise up to replace the wooden and thatch huts of the farmland. The building funnel you into the heart of the town. In a park, standing proud is the statue of the towns founder, riding atop a rearing stallion, forever carved ready for battle.

You have seen your mount in this dream, pick him and he will ride with you when you wake.

The obvious mounts in the dream are the draught horse and the swift horse riding in the field. The less obvious ones are the stone statue of the horse, the eagle flying by and last but not least the nag pulling the trap.

Depending on which symbol they choose they will awake with a different mount. The draught horse is an exceptionally tough mount, a celestial heavy war horse. The courser is a faster than a normal light riding horse. The stone statue has the same stats as a figure of wonderous power. The eagle is a griffon and the nag is a juvenile bronze dragon.

TengYt
2008-11-01, 03:49 PM
Five Celestrial Gnomes.

J.Gellert
2008-11-01, 03:57 PM
Fantasy... the party mage, Shapechanged into a Tarrasque. Group tactics!

Modern, a gold and silver Bugatti Veyron. Though that's likely against paladin code.

skywalker
2008-11-01, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I remember the Zartan now. Technically it'd be the mount for three paladins though because you need that many to pilot it. :smalltongue: (And yes, it's Arms and Equipment Guide)

If your going to go for COLOSSAL! creatures though, why not a soarwhale?

Those (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zartan) get serious bonuses to disguise!

Altho your mount might be hard to find, on occasion.

:smallwink:

Thurbane
2008-11-01, 05:32 PM
Monstrous spider, just to watch the other horses freak out when you try to put it in a stable...

...or maybe it gets a bit frisky with the horses:
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/dnd%20spider%20horse.jpg

chronoplasm
2008-11-01, 05:36 PM
A mechanical centaur with a top half that detaches from the lower body and hovers around while the lower half charges and shoots lasers?
I'm totally going to stat that up as a monster.

Bayar
2008-11-01, 05:38 PM
A mechanical centaur with a top half that detaches from the lower body and hovers around while the lower half charges and shoots lasers?
I'm totally going to stat that up as a monster.

Simple. turn it into an effigy and make it so that top half is like a humanoid that has levitate and the bottom part uses the stats for a horse. Combine them for a centaur.

Kobold-Bard
2008-11-01, 05:57 PM
I've always liked the idea of a Celestial Lion.

It just seems pretty awesome.

DrizztFan24
2008-11-01, 11:38 PM
A Paragon Psionic Awakened DuckBunny....or the party druid, The ultimate utility mount.

Knaight
2008-11-02, 12:05 AM
A phoenix(half elemental template for fire elemental, giant eagle). Then give them this sword:
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Knaighte/PhoenixSword.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Knaighte/PhoenixSwordHandleDetail.jpg

Lemur
2008-11-02, 12:07 AM

How about a zaratan riding another zaratan, riding another zaratan...

Or a platform supported by 4 elephants, riding on a zaratan.

WinterSolstice
2008-11-02, 12:26 AM
A golden Gyrocopter:smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 12:39 AM
A golden Gyrocopter:smallbiggrin:
If we are going to go for mechanical mounts how about the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte.
If you don't know what that is, do a search for it.
Then **** your pants, because it is just that awesome.

Kris Strife
2008-11-02, 12:50 AM
If we are going to go for mechanical mounts how about the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte.
If you don't know what that is, do a search for it.
Then **** your pants, because it is just that awesome.

I take it you didnt read my original post did you? Mechanical is just fine.

Enlong
2008-11-02, 12:52 AM
Ursa Arkadios, Archduke of the Highbears.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 12:52 AM
I take it you didnt read my original post did you? Mechanical is just fine.
Then the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte it is. The only thing more awesome would be a FLYING Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte.:smallbiggrin:

Kris Strife
2008-11-02, 01:02 AM
Then the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte it is. The only thing more awesome would be a FLYING Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte.:smallbiggrin:

I'm not sure a paladin would be allowed to use a Nazi tank as a mount, though that would be up to the DM, but Nazi + Paladin = Miko to me

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure a paladin would be allowed to use a Nazi tank as a mount, though that would be up to the DM, but Nazi + Paladin = Miko to me
Make it a 4th Edition Paladin, then they can be a Paladin of the Nazi god Heet'L'r, AKA, He of the Chaplin Mustache Who Is Not Chaplin.

Ascension
2008-11-02, 01:16 AM
Simple. turn it into an effigy and make it so that top half is like a humanoid that has levitate and the bottom part uses the stats for a horse. Combine them for a centaur.

Drawback: The combination sequence requires a full-round action, a stock animation sequence, and the recitation of some cheesy motto (to be chosen upon construction of the effigy).

Kris Strife
2008-11-02, 01:20 AM
Make it a 4th Edition Paladin, then they can be a Paladin of the Nazi god Heet'L'r, AKA, He of the Chaplin Mustache Who Is Not Chaplin.

Gah, 4th ed. no thanks. I looked through 4th ed and it was too close to WoW for my standards.

Funny idea though!

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-02, 01:23 AM
Gah, 4th ed. no thanks. I looked through 4th ed and it was too close to WoW for my standards.

Funny idea though!You responded to Godwin's Law with the D&D equivalent of it. Nice.

Drawback: The combination sequence requires a full-round action, a stock animation sequence, and the recitation of some cheesy motto (to be chosen upon construction of the effigy). That, or just override it with TROMBE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYmkexfyAE)

Kris Strife
2008-11-02, 01:28 AM
You responded to Godwin's Law with the D&D equivalent of it. Nice.

I thought Godwins law only applied to arguments?

Besides, I was calling 4th ed pen and paper WoW since the class preveiw book.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-02, 01:36 AM
I'll be honest and say that there's so many apparent WoW references in 4e D&D that the designers probably did it just for laughs. It's still an overdone argument that has nothing to do with the topic.

AslanCross
2008-11-02, 01:57 AM
I've always wanted to see a paladin riding a celestial dire lion, but apparently that's not anywhere as cool as the other suggestions I've seen here. D:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-11-02, 03:30 AM
-a pseudo-dragon riding a kobold that's riding a red half-dragon that's riding a redspawn berserker that's riding a red dragon that's riding the Aspect of Tiamat.

TheThan
2008-11-02, 03:44 AM
A meteor
A Bison (real game)
A kracken
A http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rancor]rancor
A Krayt dragon (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Krayt_dragon)

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-02, 03:47 AM
A litter. Being carried by Chuck Norris, O'Chul, Ah-nold, and Bruce Lee.

OzymandiasVolt
2008-11-02, 04:29 AM
Half-pyroclastic dragon bulette with ripper claws, and heavy feather-bladed platinum barding with Symbol spells carved into the shoulders and headplate.

Man that campaign was fun.

Uin
2008-11-02, 05:52 AM
My Cleric/Crusader/Red Ruby Vindicator was riding a Rod-of-Wonder-summoned Rhino last session.

Draco Dracul
2008-11-02, 09:50 PM
An animated Death Star.

Flickerdart
2008-11-02, 10:09 PM
An animated Death Star.
Awakened Death Star.

What are the rules for non-warhorse/pony Paladin mounts? I seem to recall rules for Lesser Nightmares for Blackguards, therefore we can adapt them to Paladins riding some sort of crazy things. Like Tarrasques.

Minchandre
2008-11-02, 10:17 PM
Unicorn.

Or Unicron.

One of those two.

Draco Dracul
2008-11-02, 10:20 PM
Mogo, what mount could be more awsome than an Awakened Death Star? A Greenlantern living planet.

elliott20
2008-11-02, 10:23 PM

most men do, my friend.

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-02, 10:41 PM
I'd say this http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/motivator0f9cc9b43be95a9351312.jpg

or http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/mavericking/TengenToppaGurren-LagannMECH.jpg would be pretty epic, though they proably couldn't see you on that second one.

Kris Strife
2008-11-03, 12:20 AM
What are the rules for non-warhorse/pony Paladin mounts?

What ever the DM says they are.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-03, 12:29 AM
What ever the DM says they are.There are technically rules as written for alternate mounts in the DMG, just a bit hard to find.

Using a Cohort as a Special Mount (a way to get intelligent mounts such as unicorns or pegasi) is covered on p. 200. Rules for unusual Paladin mounts without the benefit of another feat are on pp. 204-5. Basically, they work like Animal Companions in that some mounts can be used with a lower "effective Paladin level" for purposes of special bonuses or when you can acquire them.

Kris Strife
2008-11-03, 12:33 AM
I'm well aware that they exist, but rule 0 still applies.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-11-03, 12:38 AM
-a pseudo-dragon riding a kobold that's riding a red half-dragon that's riding a redspawn berserker that's riding a red dragon that's riding the Aspect of Tiamat.

Hmmm, the evil Draconic mount equivalent of an Osturduckencorphail.

elliott20
2008-11-03, 03:33 AM
I would just like to say this

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/drive-sword-demotivational-poster.jpg

_Zoot_
2008-11-03, 04:51 AM
I think that Mount Doom is by far the best mount mentioned so far....

But i would love to have a kraken...
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o329/_Zoot_/Kraken.jpg

Tengu_temp
2008-11-03, 08:03 AM
That Damn Crab.

A huge golem in samurai armor. With a fullblade. Lets you smite cleave evil even better.

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 12:16 PM
Rex, THE WONDER DOG!

Just felt the need to mention the best dog ever here.

Doomsy
2008-11-03, 05:39 PM
Mogo, what mount could be more awsome than an Awakened Death Star? A Greenlantern living planet.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Your move. And damn it, I overlooked the link to it earlier. Either way: ten million light years across and it throws galaxies like shuriken. Tippy would be proud.

Copacetic
2008-11-03, 05:43 PM
I think that Mount Doom is by far the best mount mentioned so far....

But i would love to have a kraken...
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o329/_Zoot_/Kraken.jpg

I once had a kraken as a mount in an epic campaign. I gave it a necklace of adaptation and a ring of fly. That's right, An AIR KRAKEN.

Other Cool mount ideas include: A Half Celesital, Half Gold Dragon Dire Polar Bear. Flying, Fire-breathing, Polar Bear. Tell me that wouldn't scare the crap out of you.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-03, 05:53 PM
I once had a kraken as a mount in an epic campaign. I gave it a necklace of adaptation and a ring of fly. That's right, An AIR KRAKEN.

I played a Half-Dragon Anthropomorphic Giant Squid Soul Eater with a necklace of adapatation once. I, personally, cannot think of anything worse than flying draconic land squid that want to steal your life force.

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 06:14 PM
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Your move. And damn it, I overlooked the link to it earlier. Either way: ten million light years across and it throws galaxies like shuriken. Tippy would be proud.

I still say Rex.

Once, he was EVEN BIGGER than the TTGL.

Yes, that is saying something.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-11-03, 08:25 PM
There was the intelligent artifact sword that took levels in paladin and had a paladin as it's mount...

I would have to go with a Drakkensteed (Dragon magic book). It is the end result of a Dragon taking the shape of a horse and then... umm... bowm chika bawmp.

Xallace
2008-11-03, 08:33 PM
I didn't read the whole topic. Someone mentioned a Tyrannosaurus Rex, right? I'm sure someone mentioned a Tyrannosaurus Rex. They're so awesome as a paladin mount that there's a whole prestige class dedicated to it and this is totally a blatant plug for the one I made.

But even if it wasn't, that'd be my choice.

That or anything the paladin could sky-surf on. Wall of Force? Heck yeah. Sentient Lightning Bolt? Awesome. Celestial Giant Robot? Even better. Heck, Celestial Monster Truck.

elliott20
2008-11-03, 11:06 PM
in a couple of Chinese martial arts games, you have characters that would stand on their sword and fly around on it. that could be a cool mount too.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-11-03, 11:16 PM
There's one problem with having an incredibly awesome mount: people will think you're its servant. Maybe even a parasite that it doesn't consider worthy of notice.

quick_comment
2008-11-03, 11:46 PM
Celestial Mind Flayer

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 12:10 AM
There's one problem with having an incredibly awesome mount: people will think you're its servant. Maybe even a parasite that it doesn't consider worthy of notice.

Dang.

That probably is true of many of these.

_Zoot_
2008-11-04, 01:15 AM
Not true of an AIR KRAKEN

thats what im going to have as my mount next time.:smallbiggrin:

Waspinator
2008-11-04, 02:33 AM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2053/mount2gw6.png

Ascension
2008-11-04, 02:34 AM
^ Dare I say that the thread has been won?

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 03:18 AM
^ Dare I say that the thread has been won?
A challenger has arisen, and it has treads!
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3842/bigggestratters5.gif (http://imageshack.us)
<spoiled for width>
To quote Xykon, "I think I just had an evilgasm."
A fitting mount for a Paladin of Tyranny.

Lyndworm
2008-11-04, 03:54 AM
A Nazi tank seems more like a Paladin of Slaughter to me. Disorganized with insane and impossible goals.

Zack

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 03:58 AM
A Nazi tank seems more like a Paladin of Slaughter to me. Disorganized with insane and impossible goals.

Zack
True, but the Nazis were elected to power, (though they seriously fudged the results) and that to me suggests a certain degree of Lawful.
Still, the Paladin of Slaughter can use it as a mount too, it is just that evil.

Kris Strife
2008-11-04, 04:36 AM

Zack

Nazi's were disorganized? They would definantly be lawful evil. They wanted to rule the world in an iron grip, aka tyranny which is LE.

Elm11
2008-11-04, 05:01 AM
THE PANTOMIME HORSE BRIGADE!!!1one!

Edit: that is the most AWESOME kraken image i have EVER seen

Waspinator
2008-11-04, 09:07 AM
I still think the steam-powered Orcish MechaGodzilla is cooler than ANY tank.

realbombchu
2008-11-04, 06:22 PM
A dire toad, or the Figurine of Wondrous Power: Opal Frog. Yeah, it sounds goofy, but it's also a great way for a low-level paladin to have a mount with a swallow-whole attack (I think), and it could ferry you across water whenever you need it to, since paladins can't usually swim. So I guess I'm being silly and serious at the same time here. I'm talking only low-level, though, because that's what I know best.

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 06:43 PM

Darn right.

Nazis lose you massive cool points anyway. Makes you too likely to get punched out by superheroic types.

OverdrivePrime
2008-11-04, 06:44 PM
I vote for a celestial phoenix. Silver/gold flames instead of red? Pure awesome.

After that, I say an epic lowrider. (http://www.buicks.net/show_and_shine/rriley/front-view.jpg)

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 07:05 PM
Even a 1000 tonne tank that could take down Steampunk Mecha Godzilla with a single volley? (if that paladin is to scale)

Tengu_temp
2008-11-04, 07:12 PM
In worlds that run on rule of cool robots always win with tanks.

largertyler
2008-11-04, 07:26 PM
I think the coolest would be one that wore terminator power Armour(warhammer 40) and had a tank with 11 barrels of pain! he would ride on top of it blasting stuff and his tank mount would blast stuff YA. That would be so cool...*yawn*, so cool....

HI LARGERTYLER! Come with me to a magical land of tanks and power armor! In the land of power armor there is no need for clothing other than power armor. No take it off slowly. Yes that pleases me. Now grease my power cannon. OOOOO.

and that would be the best
HEY wait you totally ripped that from robot chicken!
*ZOOM*

ObsidianRose
2008-11-04, 07:50 PM
An awakened horse paladin with a 2 intelligence human rider.

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 07:55 PM
Even a 1000 tonne tank that could take down Steampunk Mecha Godzilla with a single volley? (if that paladin is to scale)

Yes, Mecha Godzilla is much better.

I mean, it has both:

Coolness (Giant robot dinosaur vs big tank, Dinosaur robot wins in cool)

And Not Being a Nazi action. As any cool Nazi supertech always gets destroyed or stolen by a single plucky allied (usually American and wisecracking) saboteur before they reach the front. Look at Atomic Robo, Weird War Tales, Captain America, ect. That sort of thing happened ALL THE TIME. You'd have the tank for a week, tops.

Waspinator
2008-11-04, 08:16 PM
The steam-powered MechaGodzilla is from the Dragonmech Mech Manual. It can breath fire and has a flail that does 6d12+19. And it's 150 ft tall according to its game stats (I didn't really try to scale the paladin to match).

It's basically the most insane thing I've seen in a third-party D&D splatbook. I'm seriously tempted to run a Dragonmech game just to have an excuse to throw that thing at some players.

"After many hours of wandering the wilderness, you discover the cave that the group of merchants that you encountered claimed they saw a dragon emerge from. They described it as giant, metallic, and accompanied by a large group of orcs. Wondering why a normally good metallic dragon would associate with savages like orcs, you felt you had to investigate. As you enter the cave, you smell smoke and are hit by a wave of heat. You also noticed foot prints outside, which appeared oddly square-shaped. Clanking noises can be heard from the darkness. Roll for initiative." :smallamused:

Thurbane
2008-11-05, 12:59 AM
How about an A-bomb?

http://chromatism.net/current/images/pickensbomb.jpg

chiasaur11
2008-11-05, 12:09 PM
How about an A-bomb?

http://chromatism.net/current/images/pickensbomb.jpg

Cool, but non reusable.

mindblank19
2008-11-05, 12:15 PM
I dunno about paladin mounts, but the orc barbarian in my campaign plans to get a cave triceratops with spikes, poison, and acid spit. I do believe that's CR 10, but what level of paladin would you need to get it?

Arvo
2008-11-05, 12:16 PM
Dire Badger.

Or a Myconid.

Malfunctioned
2008-11-05, 03:50 PM
Cool, but non reusable.

What about an Awakened A-bomb?

Quietus
2008-11-05, 04:36 PM
What about an Awakened A-bomb?

Hm, suicide attacks? How many sets of dragon balls are there in this world?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-05, 04:37 PM
Another paladin. Think of it. Double the Lay on Hand goodness. Double the Smiting.

It would be like some zany gum commercial

Flickerdart
2008-11-05, 04:42 PM
Hm, suicide attacks? How many sets of dragon balls are there in this world?
True Resurrection. Although, it might not work on constructs.

Kris Strife
2008-11-05, 05:03 PM
Another paladin. Think of it. Double the Lay on Hand goodness. Double the Smiting.

It would be like some zany gum commercial

Double points if they're both female.