PDA

View Full Version : Ravnica:: City of Wolves! [game begins!]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Uncle Festy
2008-11-01, 09:10 PM
Welcome to Ravnica, a city where your guild affiliation represents not only who you are and what you do, but your family, thoughts, ideals and principles. Yes, your guild is very important to you.

In this city there are ten guilds, each a political faction in its own right, struggling to maintain control and power over the city.

The guilds existed harmoniously with one another for years. The counsel of elders included representation from each of the guilds and these members respected and listened to one another.

Those days are gone. Civil war has broken out. Assassins have become commonplace and friendship amongst guilds is basically unheard of. Each member of the council is dead. It is up to you, the new leaders of your guilds, as your first grasp at power, to seek retribution for the death of your elder.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen and anything in between, to…

RAVNICA: CITY OF WOLVES!
Narrator and Conarrator, respectively: Uncle Festy and Alarra

This is a werewolf game of political intrigue. Each guild will have the responsibility of rooting out and eliminating the two guilds that they believe are responsible for the death of their guild elder. The actual win condition of each of the guilds will be detailed further on. There is no 'common enemy' that everyone wants to root out as in traditional werewolf games and it will be your task to sway the masses (covertly, of course, since there are those looking to kill you as well) to your political agenda to effect the daily lynching. Backroom deals and hidden alliances should become the norm.

((Credit for all the fantastic flavor text above and in the Guilds section goes to my co-narrator, Alarra. Thanks! :smallsmile:))

The Rules:

The Guilds
Each of the nine guilds below may use a bane, kill or scry at night. However, they must use all three before they can use any of them again. All the members of the guilds, with the exception of Izzet, start the game knowing the other members of their guild. Scry interference rules will be in effect.

The Dimir
House Dimir is often referred to as 'the Unseen'. There are many that deny its existence as a guild at all, believe it to be a story told to frighten children. It is a guild that exists in shadows and secrecy. It's ranks are made of assassins and evil necromancers.

The Golgari
"Nature's most raw beauty is the circle: perfect in its continuance, with no break between death and life." This guild focuses on bringing the dead back to life and making the living dead. They reanimate plant matter and appeal to elves that have a looser view of what is 'natural'.

The Boros
The Legion of Boros is the militaristic law enforcement for the city of Ravnica. They embody both community devotion and emotional fervor that can often make them appear autocratic zealots.

The Selesnya
Depending on your point of view, the Selesnya Conclave is either a selfless, nurturing, spiritual group or a brainwashing nature cult. They reside in an ancient tree in the center of the city. They focus on nature and growth.

The Orzhov
To find the Orzhov, the saying goes, follow the gold. The Guild of Deals contains both Ravnica’s richest citizens and its most oppressed. It consists of undead living their lives to excess and indentured servants trapped by crushing debt. Holding this fragile social order in place is a veneer of religious pomp and ritual, though few believe the Orzhov worship any god other than coin.

The Gruul
The Gruul feel civilization is a mockery, an elaborate cage that suppresses desire and makes the weak seem powerful. The Gruul live moment by moment, and they “encourage” others to do the same. Once a strong guild, the Gruul are now merely a loose assemblage of beggars, gangs, and raiding parties.

The Azorius
The Azorius Senate represent knowledge and law. They gain control by restricting knowledge, forming convoluted laws that only their intellectuals can understand. They care about the common people, but do not believe in such mundane concepts as civil liberties.

The Simic
The Simic Combine is a guild of researchers. They spend their times in labs, focusing on progress. They lack emotion and social skills and are entirely scientifically minded.

The Rakdos
The Cult of Rakdos is a guild focused on the destruction of others. Pain, fire, bloodshed...they use these tools to further their goals and destroy those around them.

The Izzet
The Izzet are tinkerers and researchers, responsible for most of the public works that make the city run. They value knowledge and are the only people that really understand how and why magic works.

The Izzet guild has three members, who do not begin the game knowing each other.
-Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Each night, Niv-Mizzet chooses a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) negative ability.
-Tibor
Each night, Tibor will choose a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) neutral ability.
-Lumia
Each night, Lumia will choose a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) defensive ability.
Alarra and I will have the list, but I'm not sure we're releasing it. The players having these roles will get more info about what their abilities can do, but not all of it.
-Djinn Illuminatus
Each night, the Djinn chooses a player and a target. Whatever action the player (or their guild that player is in) is using that night will be copied and directed at the target.

Win Conditions
Cult of Rakdos: When most Rakdos die, they do so in a manner that gets revenge against the ones who slight them. When they're taken alive, though, they are brought before Azorius courts by Orzhov lawmages. Ergo, with the fall of the Guildpact, the time has come for vengeance!
Golgari Guild: Jared had always had a philosophical opposition to the preachings of the Selesnyan Conclave, and coupled with the recent Orzhov crusade fund there are two likely suspects for recent aggression against the Golgari.
Gruul Clans: The Gruul Clans have waned under the structure enforced by the Azorius Senate for over ten thousand years, and have been in constant conflict with the fanatics serving Rakdos. NO MORE!
Boros Legion: Argus Kos set a good baseline when he killed Momir Vig to prevent the success of Project Kraj, and the military police of Ravnica have decided to target the Simic in conjunction with their latest war with the Cult of Rakdos.
Selesnyan Conclave: It is as the Chorus has proclaimed all along, the assassins and spies of the Dimir have brought great evils upon the streets and spires of Ravnica. This, combined with the Simic Combine trying to plague the people with their false healing, and the time has come for a crusade.
Simic Combine: With the loss of Novejin and Momir Vig, the Combine is struggling to recover. It requires subjects to experiment upon, harvested from the ranks of the Gruul Clans. Furthermore, retribution must be had against the Golgari for their lack of cooperation with the late Momir Vig.
Azorius Senate: Leonos II, successor to the madman who had brought ruin to the Guildpact in a bid for absolute dominion, seeks to repair the damage he had inflicted. His plan involves curbing back the Boros Legion, and removing the last of House Dimir.
Orzhov Syndicate: Selesnya draws worshippers away from the Church of Deals, and they only existed to sustain the Guildpact. With the Guildpact broken, the Gruul Clans are no longer protected from Syndicate slavers. The time has come, the Ghost Council decrees, for a great culling to begin.
House Dimir: Szadek, Lord of Secrets, decreed that the angels must become extinct, and so the Boros must be eliminated. However, equally important is the annihilation of the Golgari: Savra knew where Duskmantle was, and may have told others where it was.
The Izzet - The Izzet guild doesn't really care much about the political upheaval of the city. Their leader is still alive, and no one has been killed (well, more then from the usual scientific accidents). As long as they get to keep experimenting, they don't care who wins. The Izzet is victorious if at least one of their members survives.
Credit to Ganurath for all the non-Izzet win conditions and flavor text stuff. Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Note on recruitment:
Just a clarification on the recruiting numbers. We will be 'closing' it at 30 people, and the next 8 to sign up will go onto the waiting list. However, if 39 or 40 people sign up a person will be added to each of the guilds (all except izzet at 39, all, including izzet, at 40),. If more than 40 sign up, they again go onto the waiting list. The idea here is just to make sure that there is an equal number of people in each guild.

Player List (18/40)

Shadowcaller Lynched Day 7, Selesnyan Conclave
Murska Lynched Day 1, Cult of Rakados
Malmagor Andrigal Lynched Day 6, Simic
Twila Killed Night 6, Boros
Shas'aia Toriia Lynched Day 3, House Dimir
PirateMonk Killed Night 3, Simic
Ganurath
Deathslayer7
Haruki-Kun
Reinholdt
Tired N' Drowzy
Emperor Demonking Lynched Day 2, House Dimir
Dr. Bath
Zar Peter
Istari
Darkcomet
Banjo1985
Radikalskippy
evnafets Lynched Day 5, Golgari
Recaiden Killed Night 3, Selesnya
Catseye2121 Autolynched Day 6, Simic
Selrahc Killed Night 6, Orzhov
Dallas-Dakota Killed Night 4, Gruul
Vampiric
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins Autolynched Day 7, Orzhov
Mustiado
Aemoh Killed Night 5, Azorious
detrevnisisiht Autolynched Day 3, replaced by FF Fanboy Killed Night 7, Rakdos
Hero 1.0
PhantomFox Lynched Day 4, House Dimir
Hap_Hazard Killed Night 7, Boros
Jontom Xire
Duos Killed Night 6, Lumia
Dirk Kris Autolynched Day 3, replaced by Griever
Vibrant Autolynched Day 2, replaced by Slaanesh Autolynched Day 6, Rakdos
GAThraawn Killed Night 7, Selesnya
Mordokai
Helgraf
Atreyu Killed Night 3, Rakdos
DarkCorax Killed Night 5, Selesnya

Shadowcaller
2008-11-01, 09:13 PM
Im in of course.

Murska
2008-11-01, 09:14 PM
I'm in aswell.

Madmal
2008-11-01, 09:15 PM
2 ww M:tg games closed up? hmmm..

well, anyways, i'm in.

Twila
2008-11-01, 09:17 PM
Count me in.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-11-01, 09:20 PM
Definitly count me in.

(Hopes to join the ranks of the Orzhov).

PirateMonk
2008-11-01, 09:20 PM
In .

Ganurath
2008-11-01, 09:36 PM
How did this evade my notice? So in.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-01, 09:37 PM
*follows your lead* in

Shas aia Toriia
2008-11-01, 09:41 PM
Sorry, but would it not make more sense for the win cons to be to kill everybody from 3 opposing guilds?
i.e.
Azorious win when Gruul, Rakdos and Golgari all die.

Haruki-kun
2008-11-01, 09:43 PM
I'm in. Can't wait to see you narrate a WW game, Festy. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2008-11-01, 09:55 PM
In with slivers! (again)

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:58 PM
Hm. Am I in? I dunno, I'm already in one and Memesville's coming up.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-01, 10:17 PM
I loved Ravnica. I had Niv-Mizzet as my background on my comp for a while.

Sounds fun. I'm in.

I think I found a statistics error, too.

Rokados only wants to be killed by one guild.

Selesnia wants to be killed by three. Maybe one Selesnia hater should be changed to Rokados.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-01, 10:58 PM
@^: Well, not quite, but you're right, there was an error. It's fixed now.
@DC: So are you in, or not?

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking about it.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-02, 04:58 AM
Sign Me Up.

Dr. Bath
2008-11-02, 06:40 AM
I'm in.

Zar Peter
2008-11-02, 06:53 AM
Yes, I can... IN!

Istari
2008-11-02, 07:51 AM
In with similes :smallcool:

Darkcomet
2008-11-02, 08:52 AM
Okay, put me in.

banjo1985
2008-11-02, 10:34 AM
In as a lost and confused pokemon in the wrong card game.

Skippy
2008-11-02, 01:05 PM
I'm in, as the Dread Slag

Belkarsbadside1
2008-11-02, 02:35 PM
I'm in. This was my favorite series

evnafets
2008-11-02, 02:45 PM
Sounds interesting. Sign me up!

Recaiden
2008-11-02, 04:16 PM
Definitely in.

TFT
2008-11-02, 04:21 PM
I am in for this game

Selrahc
2008-11-02, 04:24 PM
*Joins the game*

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-02, 05:10 PM
Sweet! Just 7 more!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-02, 05:12 PM
Haven't signed up for anything in a while I think.

So check me in..... Or maybe I have and am denying that I'm in to many games.:smallbiggrin:

Vampiric
2008-11-02, 05:14 PM
In! At least, I hope there's still enough room :smallsmile:

evnafets
2008-11-02, 05:21 PM
In! At least, I hope there's still enough room :smallsmile:

Well given that there were 30 places, and you had post #31, you're a shoe in.
Given that there are a few comments in the middle that boost the post count (like this one for instance) there will still be a few places left - 5 or so?

But act fast - they're filling quickly!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-11-02, 05:41 PM
Yes, I'm taking one of those empty spaces.

Mustiado
2008-11-02, 05:52 PM
I'll take one as well, if still available.

Belkarsbadside1
2008-11-02, 06:21 PM
I'm in. This was my favorite series

I am so sorry, but I am just to busy. I decline my offer to join the game
*scurries away*

Aemoh
2008-11-02, 06:48 PM
Naturally, IN.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-02, 07:20 PM
3 places left.

detrevnisisiht
2008-11-02, 07:27 PM
in .

Heroic
2008-11-02, 07:52 PM
IN! Before its full!

Alarra
2008-11-02, 08:42 PM
Just a clarification on the recruiting numbers. We will be 'closing' it at 30 people, and the next 8 to sign up will go onto the waiting list. However, if 39 or 40 people sign up a person will be added to each of the guilds (all except izzet at 39, all, including izzet, at 40),. If more than 40 sign up, they again go onto the waiting list. The idea here is just to make sure that there is an equal number of people in each guild.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-02, 08:47 PM
Thanks, Alarra! I was going to mention that, but you said it much better then I could. :smallbiggrin:

PhantomFox
2008-11-02, 09:03 PM
Was out for the weekend. Am I too late to get in at the start?

Uncle Festy
2008-11-02, 09:13 PM
Yerp, you're in.
We now have 30 players! Wow, that was fast.
If anyone else wants to join, we'll put them on the waitlist. If we get – you know what? Alarra explained it really well. Just look up a couple posts, and you'll get your explanation.

evnafets
2008-11-02, 09:42 PM
Just a suggestion that you put a comment to that effect in the first post.
We wouldn't want people to be put off because they didn't read the thread fully and think that there is no more room...

... actually forget that. If they're not smart enough to read the thread fully, I don't think they deserve to play this game :smallbiggrin:

hap_hazard
2008-11-02, 10:15 PM
I'll like to be on waitlist. :smallsmile:

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-02, 11:12 PM
So when does the game start? I'm anxious.

Jontom Xire
2008-11-03, 03:40 AM
Ack! Why do I only see these things once they are already full!!

So in...on the waiting list.

Come on, let's have a few more players sign up so we can turn waiting list into player list!

Duos
2008-11-03, 08:32 AM
Put me on the waiting list. House Dimir is pleased.....

Dirk Kris
2008-11-03, 08:50 AM
...shoot, missed sign-ups.

OK, add me to the auto-lynch list, please.

Vibrant
2008-11-03, 08:55 AM
Waitlist me, please! :smallsmile:

GAThraawn
2008-11-03, 09:17 AM
Sounds like I ought to be on the waitlist for this, too.

Madmal
2008-11-03, 09:40 AM
Put me on the waiting list. House Dimir is pleased.....

House Dimir? they don't exist, you fool.:smalltongue:

Duos
2008-11-03, 10:58 AM
Of course they don't. But, as a conspiracy buff, I am allowed to comment on the alleged existence of a guild that may or may not exist. Now scoot, or I'll Gruul rush you.:smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2008-11-03, 12:06 PM
Six players on waiting list so far, if I counted correctly.

I'll play, but only if you manage to get enough players that the game can start without waiting list. I want to start the game, not come into it later. So, if you manage to get one or two players more, I'm in. If not, well, I'm not in :smalltongue:

Hope that wasn't too complicated :smalltongue:

Helgraf
2008-11-03, 12:43 PM
Umm, put me on the auto-replace list, I guess.

Zar Peter
2008-11-03, 12:47 PM
What about you make two games which start at one time? That said... if you get enough players for both...

Shadowcaller
2008-11-03, 01:03 PM
What about you make two games which start at one time? That said... if you get enough players for both...

I don't know... It would be very easy to mix up those night actions.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-03, 01:06 PM
It could work if Alarra and Uncle Festy each run their own game alone.

Alarra
2008-11-03, 01:11 PM
Looks like we only need one more person to sign up in order to add all of the people on the waiting list into the game. So....someone go poke a friend and make them come sign up! :smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-03, 01:54 PM
Go go gadget llama!!!

Alarra
2008-11-03, 02:14 PM
Alright...currently we have 39 players, so everyone on the waiting list has been added to the main player list. One more person can sign up and be added to the game now, and then we will start a waiting list again.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-03, 08:04 PM
*sidles in*
That's the nice thing about having your co-narrator be a mod – they can edit your posts for you. :smallbiggrin:
Anyhow, the game is –*technically – supposed to start today. If I get time to write up an opening post (or Alarra wants to do it for me) we can start then. If not, we'll start as soon as one of us finishes the opening scene. Speaking of which…
*runs off to talk to Alarra about the opening scene*

Shadowcaller
2008-11-04, 05:53 AM
Hmm... After reading the victory conditions I see that some of the victory conditions don't really make sense plot-wise, I'm sure they do game-wise thought but why would Simic want to kill Dimir?

Alarra
2008-11-04, 05:58 AM
Because they think Dimir killed their elder.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-04, 06:01 AM
Because they think Dimir killed their elder.

I see... *curses himself for missing that in the opening post*

Fan
2008-11-04, 06:01 AM
Read the books people!
Albiet it should be The Boros wanting to kill Dimir due to

Him taking down selesyna, and attempting to kill Mas Slesyna to gain her power.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-04, 06:05 AM
Read the books people!
Albiet it should be The Boros wanting to kill Dimir due to

Him taking down selesyna, and attempting to kill Mas Slesyna to gain her power.

I have, thats why the Dimir/Simic didin't make sense (atleast if your going only after the books) since they seemed to work thogether just fine there. But then again, Dimir was nothing more then a puppet to The Azorius at the time so...

Fan
2008-11-04, 06:06 AM
I have, thats why the Dimir/Simic didin't make sense (atleast if your going only after the books) since they seemed to work thogether just fine there. But then again, Dimir was nothing more then a puppet to The Azorius at the time so...
Spoiler that for the people who have not read the books.
Also yes, thats why I'm agreeing with you.

Ganurath
2008-11-04, 11:39 AM
It's spelled Rakdos. Also, I really don't want to nitpick, but some of these don't make sense. Gruul want to kill Boros? Orzhov want to kill Simic? If I may put forward a more... linear alternative. Spoiler alert.

Azorius targets Golgari and Gruul, as the Guilds of Chaos must be culled to restore Order to Ravnica.
Dimir targets Boros and Selesnya, as Argus Kos was the only one Szadek let himself be vulnerable to, and the Chorus has enough strength of spirit to challenge the guild's dominion of undeath.
Rakdos targets Simic and Azorius, because a lawmage was flying around Novejin before it attacked Rakdos.
Gruul targets Orzhov and Dimir, because with the latest power vacuum in the clans the Scab Clan has taken over, and the word is now payback against slavers and deceivers.
Selesnya targets Izzet and Rakdos, because rats have been attacking Vitu Ghazi and the nephilim attack started at the site of Izzet ruins.
Golgari targets Azorius and Simic, because the Senate did nothing about the kidnapping of the guildmaster's son, and the Simic clearly had it in for the guildmaster for not cooperating with their Xanatos Gambit.
Boros targets Dimir and Orzhov, because it's about time a counterattack to the decamillenial was launched, and it's rather suspicious that the Orzhov walked away from the nephilim, Rakdos, and Kraj with only superficial (Utvara) damage.
Simic targets Rakdos and Izzet, because Rakdos killed Kraj and Niv-Mizzet killed multiple nephilim.
Orzhov targets Gruul and Golgari, because with the Guildpact broken, the Chaos guilds are no longer neccesary, which means an opportunity to start slaving and crusading in earnest.
Izzet targets Selesnya and Boros, because that retired wojek and that funny tree ruined a perfectly good experiment, and killed dragons!Of course, that's just my opinion, and does involve the Izzet getting caught up in the mess.

Reinholdt
2008-11-04, 12:35 PM
Or we could just say the game is balanced this way, and sometimes that's more valuable than following the setting exactly. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-04, 12:36 PM
Or we could just say the game is balanced this way, and sometimes that's more valuable than following the setting exactly.

Yeah, my point exactly. I'm sure Uncle Feasty and Alarra have put a great deal of thought behind those victory conditions for balance... right?

Madmal
2008-11-04, 01:50 PM
and it seems this game isn't set on a definitive part of the storyline
since niv-mizzet dissapeared after destroying two of the nephilim, and yet, his role is showing here.

Alarra
2008-11-04, 07:05 PM
I know nothing about the books or the storyline or who would be attacking who. Festy figured out that list. If yours is more appropriate flavor-wise, and you can make it balance...meaning Izzet is not in the mix and no guild is targeting a guild that is also targeting them, (so selesnya, golgari, boros, simic, and orzhov would have to be changed, especially since you currently have azorius and orzhov with the same two targets as one another, which is an alliance waiting to happen...) and run it by Festy, we'd be willing to consider a switch. :smallsmile:

Duos
2008-11-04, 09:16 PM
Hmmm. Well, I see an easy solution to the target problem, using an RPS model, but I'm not sure how to fit the guilds together... O.K., here we are.

Guild A targets guild B and C. Guild B targets guild C and D. Guild C targets guild D and E... All the way to guild H targeting I and A, and guild I targeting A and B. Each guild is targeted by two guilds and is the target of two guilds. No chance of team up since guilds with a common target are also enemies, I.E. A and B cannot team up against C, as A must then kill B. Now if you excuse me, I have a book of logic puzzles that need solving.
*Ninja poof!*

Uncle Festy
2008-11-04, 09:19 PM
Um…
Look at a guild, any guild. Now look at it's targets. Now look at the next three below it (ignoring the Izzet, looping back to the top at the end). Compare.
Do you see it yet? :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

evnafets
2008-11-04, 09:23 PM
Hmmm. Well, I see an easy solution to the target problem, using an RPS model, but I'm not sure how to fit the guilds together... O.K., here we are.
[snip]

Yes all well and good, but completely missing the point.
The complaint is that the current "balanced" designation of targets does not match with the storyline. Attempts to come up with a distribution matched on storyline (to date) have not been balanced.

Yes its easy and logical to go A,B,C but the end result is no better than pretty much exactly what we currently have with regards to storyline :smallsmile:

Duos
2008-11-04, 10:25 PM
Well, consider the network i showed to be more of a frame. Just map it out and plug in the guilds in a way that fits. If you REALLY want to get technical, there isn't really a way to balance the guilds in a manner consistent with the books, because: The Grull hate everybody, The Orzhov have no real role in the books, The Azorius are plotting to destroy all of the other guilds, and the Golgari, Simic, and Rakdos all hate the Boros and, in the end, each other. You COULD try to map it out by color, though.

Ganurath
2008-11-04, 10:26 PM
Um…
Look at a guild, any guild. Now look at it's targets. Now look at the next three below it (ignoring the Izzet, looping back to the top at the end). Compare.
Do you see it yet? :smallbiggrin::smallwink:Ach, I see it, and my poor Vorthos heart, it breaks. What's more, with symmetry, there's no potential for political complexity beyond who scries and kills what first. Now, the following list is balanced, flavorful, and a bit less linear:Cult of Rakdos: When most Rakdos die, they do so in a manner that gets revenge against the ones who slight them. When they're taken alive, though, they are brought before Azorius courts by Orzhov lawmages. Ergo, with the fall of the Guildpact, the time has come for vengeance!
Golgari Guild: Jared had always had a philosophical opposition to the preachings of the Selesnyan Conclave, and coupled with the recent Orzhov crusade fund there are two likely suspects for recent aggression against the Golgari.
Gruul Clans: The Gruul Clans have waned under the structure enforced by the Azorius Senate for over ten thousand years, and have been in constant conflict with the fanatics serving Rakdos. NO MORE!
Boros Legion: Argus Kos set a good baseline when he killed Momir Vig to prevent the success of Project Kraj, and the military police of Ravnica have decided to target the Simic in conjunction with their latest war with the Cult of Rakdos.
Selesnyan Conclave: It is as the Chorus has proclaimed all along, the assassins and spies of the Dimir have brought great evils upon the streets and spires of Ravnica. This, combined with the Simic Combine trying to plague the people with their false healing, and the time has come for a crusade.
Simic Combine: With the loss of Novejin and Momir Vig, the Combine is struggling to recover. It requires subjects to experiment upon, harvested from the ranks of the Gruul Clans. Furthermore, retribution must be had against the Golgari for their lack of cooperation with the late Momir Vig.
Azorius Senate: Leonos II, successor to the madman who had brought ruin to the Guildpact in a bid for absolute dominion, seeks to repair the damage he had inflicted. His plan involves curbing back the Boros Legion, and removing the last of House Dimir.
Orzhov Syndicate: Selesnya draws worshippers away from the Church of Deals, and they only existed to sustain the Guildpact. With the Guildpact broken, the Gruul Clans are no longer protected from Syndicate slavers. The time has come, the Ghost Council decrees, for a great culling to begin.
House Dimir: Szadek, Lord of Secrets, decreed that the angels must become extinct, and so the Boros must be eliminated. However, equally important is the annihilation of the Golgari: Savra knew where Duskmantle was, and may have told others where it was.You like?

Madmal
2008-11-04, 10:43 PM
A few flaws i see on Ganurath's idea:

Golgari: Jared's Ex-wife, Fonn, is a Selesnyan Ledv. And i find it odd to enter in conflict because of that (they were in very good terms in the book), even if not for that, for his son.

Gruul: I find it more likely for the Gruul to wage war against the Orzhov, given that Utvara used to belong to them, iirc.

Azorius: Why would the new grand arbiter need to cut down the Boros? they've already suffered losses without the angels, and they are the enforcing arm of the law that they represent

what? i find it a necessity that this project should be sake of one of the most awesome sets of M:tG, cause it's outr dutie as-Oh, shiny!

V: *experiments the effects of bamsticks and paraelementals on the slivers* yay! fun!

Reinholdt
2008-11-04, 10:44 PM
*sics slivers on everyone*

Deathslayer7
2008-11-04, 10:57 PM
completely has no clue as to what this storyline refers too.

Ganurath
2008-11-04, 11:05 PM
A few flaws i see on Ganurath's idea:

Golgari: Jared's Ex-wife, Fonn, is a Selesnyan Ledv. And i find it odd to enter in conflict because of that (they were in very good terms in the book), even if not for that, for his son.

Gruul: I find it more likely for the Gruul to wage war against the Orzhov, given that Utvara used to belong to them, iirc.

Azorius: Why would the new grand arbiter need to cut down the Boros? they've already suffered losses without the angels, and they are the enforcing arm of the law that they represent

what? i find it a necessity that this project should be sake of one of the most awesome sets of M:tG, cause it's outr dutie as-Oh, shiny!

V: *experiments the effects of bamsticks and paraelementals on the slivers* yay! fun!Golgari: Admittedly, this was a weaker point flavor-wise. However, I should note that Fonn is Jared's ex, so they were broken off. Combine with what happened to him at the end of Dissension, and I see a relationship that's especially sour.

Gruul: Ah, but the conflict between Gruul and Rakdos is more important and immediate for the Gruul than that, and a lot of chiefs would figure that if the Orzhov get their strength from the laws, then by destroying the source of laws, the Azorius Senate, they cripple the Syndicate. That, and the Orzhov are targetting the Gruul and it can't go both ways.

Azorius: They have lost military power, this is true, but tend to create as much havoc as they prevent. With the angels no longer requiring the Legion as followers and the Guildpact no longer requiring magical balance, law enforcement can be handled by the much more disciplined Azorius Senate.*watches as slivers are butchered by Rakdos clowns, plagued by Golgari undead, devoured by Scab-Clan Gruul, purged by Boros pyromancers, converted by Selesnyan quietmen, experimented upon by Simic biologists, fined by the Azorius Senate, slagged by Orzhov thrulls, disappeared by Dimir agents, and blown apart by Izzet mages*

Duos
2008-11-05, 07:43 AM
No! Not the Slivers! they were actually an interesting concept! And one of my best decks is a sliver deck! *sics Time Spiral block on the guilds*

DarkCorax
2008-11-05, 09:48 AM
Has a 40th player signed up? if not I'll take that place.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-05, 02:42 PM
No! Not the Slivers! they were actually an interesting concept! And one of my best decks is a sliver deck! *sics Time Spiral block on the guilds*Time Spiral slivers = FTL.

It's all about Legions and that other set before it (I don't know what it's called, but my cousin gave me a bunch from back then).

I have a soul foundry-essence sliver combo that pwns. I've won a game with a bunch of slivers, each gaining me life equal to four times the amount of damage that they deal... Capped off with magma sliver, they start to hit 20 damage... It's crazy.

Duos
2008-11-05, 03:07 PM
Stronghold, I believe it was. And yeah, they did have some awesome ones, like flying sliver and muscle sliver. It also had Crytalline sliver, which made your slivers untargetable, and talon sliver, which gave first strike. But Time Spiral had some GREAT slivers, unless you weren't paying attention. Like, they color-shifted Muscle Sliver into Sinew sliver (1/1 for two, all slivers get +1/+1), which is awesome value. Pulmonic sliver ( 3/3 for five, all sliver get flying and go to the top of your library instead of your graveyard when they're killed), Necrotic sliver (2/2 for 3, pay 3 and sac a sliver to destroy target permanent), gemhide sliver (1/1 for two, all slivers could tap to produce one mana of any color), and of, course, Venemous sliver, my favorite, which was 1/1 for one green and gave all sliver poisonous 1. Which STACKED. so you could kill someone on turn three with three 1/1 creatures. (Poisonous was where you if you got 10 poison counters your lost, remember?)

Reinholdt
2008-11-05, 03:10 PM
Err... um... ok?
*only knows about early slivers*
*Becomes untargetable!*
*Flees!*

Inhuman Bot
2008-11-05, 05:50 PM
(autolynch replacment list is empty? can I has a spot on it?)

Uncle Festy
2008-11-05, 07:46 PM
Ach, I see it, and my poor Vorthos heart, it breaks. What's more, with symmetry, there's no potential for political complexity beyond who scries and kills what first. Now, the following list is balanced, flavorful, and a bit less linear:Cult of Rakdos: When most Rakdos die, they do so in a manner that gets revenge against the ones who slight them. When they're taken alive, though, they are brought before Azorius courts by Orzhov lawmages. Ergo, with the fall of the Guildpact, the time has come for vengeance!
House Dimir: Szadek, Lord of Secrets, decreed that the angels must become extinct, and so the Boros must be eliminated. However, equally important is the annihilation of the Golgari: Savra knew where Duskmantle was, and may have told others where it was.You like?

Well, at first I was going to go on about how it's not really balanced, but you know what? Screw that. I've been trying to convince Alarra to let me inject some individuality into the guilds, and she's already signed off on this plan. So full speed ahead! I say OK! Let's see what happens… :smallamused:
Since I'm going to be gone Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I'll start the game on sunday. Sorry for the delay, but I'd like to be around when the game starts.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-05, 09:18 PM
Excellent, Festy. Looking forward to it.

Stronghold, I believe it was. And yeah, they did have some awesome ones, like flying sliver and muscle sliver. It also had Crytalline sliver, which made your slivers untargetable, and talon sliver, which gave first strike. But Time Spiral had some GREAT slivers, unless you weren't paying attention. Like, they color-shifted Muscle Sliver into Sinew sliver (1/1 for two, all slivers get +1/+1), which is awesome value. Pulmonic sliver ( 3/3 for five, all sliver get flying and go to the top of your library instead of your graveyard when they're killed), Necrotic sliver (2/2 for 3, pay 3 and sac a sliver to destroy target permanent), gemhide sliver (1/1 for two, all slivers could tap to produce one mana of any color), and of, course, Venemous sliver, my favorite, which was 1/1 for one green and gave all sliver poisonous 1. Which STACKED. so you could kill someone on turn three with three 1/1 creatures. (Poisonous was where you if you got 10 poison counters your lost, remember?)Yeah, I had a crystalline sliver, 4 muscles, two flying, two essence, a magma, an overlord... Hell, I even had a queen. Soul Foundry is amazing with pretty much any sliver, and it's a good way to get the overlord or queen out without needing every color. Ward Sliver was by far my favorite on SF, though... Having protection from whatever you want is amazing... They essentially can't be blocked... I can see why they banned slivers after TS, though. Such a pity.... I never bought any TS, and now nobody wants to play my sliver deck because they got banned in tournaments.

Duos
2008-11-06, 09:17 AM
*snip*
I can see why they banned slivers after TS, though. Such a pity.... I never bought any TS, and now nobody wants to play my sliver deck because they got banned in tournaments.

This is EXACTLY what happened to my ravager/affinity deck, I feel your pain. Although, Ravager/affinity was so brokenly strong, they banned the ravager, its cleric, its lands, its pets, its mother, its uncle Earl... There's horror stories everywhere. On a related note, did you see the name of the next expansion? http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/1549_ALA_logo_640.jpg
I think they saw this thread. ^.^

Ganurath
2008-11-06, 12:08 PM
This is EXACTLY what happened to my ravager/affinity deck, I feel your pain. Although, Ravager/affinity was so brokenly strong, they banned the ravager, its cleric, its lands, its pets, its mother, its uncle Earl... There's horror stories everywhere. On a related note, did you see the name of the next expansion? http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/1549_ALA_logo_640.jpg
I think they saw this thread. ^.^1. My brother always plays slivers, and I kick them in the teeth on a consistent basis with peasant decks. Y'all are clearly doing something wrong.
2. Alara has been out for a while now, actually.

Duos
2008-11-06, 03:04 PM
Really? None of the locals stores have it. And I don't have the time to drive an hour each way to the nearest big card shop... I'm slowly falling out of the loop. Help me!:smalleek: I don't want to be one of those guys who talks about how much better everything was back when people traded Shivan Dragons for Moxes!:smalltongue:

Griever
2008-11-07, 02:22 AM
I'll replace your autolynch.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-09, 10:00 PM
:(

Not starting yet?

Uncle Festy
2008-11-09, 10:06 PM
>.<
I was totally not being really lazy this weekend.
Assuming all goes well (and that's not a given, considering the number of tests I have this week), the game will start tomorrow.
Now I just need to remember all the stuff I was going to ask Alarra about…

Uncle Festy
2008-11-11, 09:43 PM
So, um, yeah. Recruitment is over.
I'll ask Alarra to randomize the roles (I'm not very good at it) and then the game will start (I hope) tomorrow.
This is taking a while, isn't it… :smallsigh:

PhantomFox
2008-11-11, 09:53 PM
*wanders in*
pieces of paper and a hat. Always works for me.
*wanders out*

Dr. Bath
2008-11-12, 01:35 PM
So, um, yeah. Recruitment is over.
I'll ask Alarra to randomize the roles (I'm not very good at it) and then the game will start (I hope) tomorrow.
This is taking a while, isn't it… :smallsigh:

Ok, well, I won't be here tomorrow or until Sunday, so could you not auto-lynch me please? That would be nice, thanks.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-12, 09:56 PM
((All role PMs are now out. If you don't have one, PM me.))

"So… tell me, what is our status now that the Sisters have been… eliminated?" Savra sat behind her desk, speaking to her second in command.
"The guilds are gearing up for war, Queen Savra. All of them."
"I must say, I'm unsurprised. This city has been a bubbling mass of high tensions for centuries. This is no more then an excuse to do what everyone's wanted to do for years."
"Shall we join them?"
"I don't see why not. After all, what kind of evil leader would I be if I didn't send us to war at the least provocation?"
"Not a very good one, my Queen."
"That's what I thought." Savra drummed her fingers on her desk for a few moments, which made an odd *click*ing sound. "Is everything ready?"
"Just about."
"Good," she said. She stood, and grinned – not that there was any other position her face could take. She stepped forward, her feet clicking on the floor. And Savra, Litch Queen of the Golgari, walked out of the door.

Day One Begins!
Day One Ends Saturday, In Just Under 72 Hours
((Note – the Djinn Illuminatus has been added to the game to create a 4th member of the Izzet. See the first post for more details.))

Skippy
2008-11-12, 10:04 PM
A goblin walks in the alleys of Ravnica, trying not to get himself killed, but also seeking to make himself a living, and trying not to end as food for a dragon.

Knowing not what to do or where to go, he strolled aimlessly around the city.

Helgraf
2008-11-12, 10:21 PM
Al-Harad regarded the bustling city with a jaundiced eye. So much life, so much death. Colors twisted on the breeze, caressing all they touched, swirling and knotting, writhing like a nest of serpents.

It was a bad omen. Yet opportunity might be found in such times, and so might the dune be ascended.

Madmal
2008-11-12, 11:21 PM
virusoid.

the plant-like lifeform wanders around
virusoid.

banjo1985
2008-11-13, 05:13 AM
The small furry animal wonders into the game and begins to rub against furniture. Said furniture promptly disintegrates.

Mildly curious about thes events, the small furry animal begins to rub up against Ganurath to see if it happens again.

Jontom Xire
2008-11-13, 05:45 AM
Hmmm - with so many factions, the first day point becomes worse than ever.

I point at Helgraf, and hope he isn't a potential ally.

Duos
2008-11-13, 08:00 AM
The Transguild Courier is not working properly. we blame Aemoh for this problem.

Dirk Kris
2008-11-13, 08:24 AM
A young, attractive woman wanders into town, careful to avoid the cold white light of the moon. She carries herself tall, proudly. A thick golden bracer adorns her left arm, something she constantly pulls her sleeve over. She wears a hooded cloak, shoulder-length blonde hair free about her face. She absently tucks a strand of hair behind one ear, revealing a slightly pointed tip. Seeming to remember something, she pulls her hair back down, ducks her head, and keeps going. She seems to have a destination in mind, but not a path, as she keeps changing directions. She bumps into a goblin (radikalskippy) and barely notices him. One cool gray eye peers over an aristocratic nose at the sky for a moment before she ducks into an alley to watch the more open square ahead.

((totally random, BTW))

EDIT: Oooooooh, bandwagons. Helgraf, I choose you!

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-13, 09:31 AM
A well-kept man enters from some unknown part of town. He looks intelligent and quite agile. Bits of frost are speckled across his head, slowly melting under the heat of the city. He looks about to see the small goblin aimlessly walking around. "Are you lost, my friend?" The man asks. "I know this city fairly well, and I could give you directions should you require it. What is your name, and to what guild do you hold your honor?"

Murska
2008-11-13, 09:37 AM
I point at Shadowcaller as a traditional "I don't have a clue but he's in the game, right?" point.

@V Throne of bones? What a waste. Bones are good building material and can be used to create barracks, storages, nice carvings, but they're not that good as thrones. And skulls? Well, maybe one or two but I certainly don't need ALL of them...

Shadowcaller
2008-11-13, 09:39 AM
I point at Shadowcaller as a traditional "I don't have a clue but he's in the game, right?" point.

((You don't have a clue?!

Don't make me laugh Murska, we all know that your planning to take over this entire city and use our skulls as materials for your throne of bones.

Edit: Hey, I even got proof, behold Murskas true form!))

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/eyeofsauron.jpg

DarkCorax
2008-11-13, 10:44 AM
The winged man flies up to one of the tall spires and looks over this sector of the sprawling city. On the ground far below he spots he spots a man, Tired N' Drowzy, talking to a goblin.

PhantomFox
2008-11-13, 11:05 AM
I don't know anything about this setting, though I'm going to look it up soon. Until then, Ganurath

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-13, 11:05 AM
Twila * *

Murska
2008-11-13, 11:06 AM
((You don't have a clue?!

Don't make me laugh Murska, we all know that your planning to take over this entire city and use our skulls as materials for your throne of bones.

Edit: Hey, I even got proof, behold Murskas true form!))

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/eyeofsauron.jpg

Meh. That version is faulty, and all.

Besides, I gots the whole set, green, red and blue. Not yellow though, it looks crappy. And they're not on the internet and I can't bother to host 'em so I can't post 'em here. :smallcool:

Heroic
2008-11-13, 02:00 PM
I point at Murska

Mordokai
2008-11-13, 02:02 PM
No you don't! :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2008-11-13, 02:14 PM
Actually, he did. Just over in Smash Bros. :smallannoyed:

Heroic
2008-11-13, 02:24 PM
Now I did :smallbiggrin:

Ganurath
2008-11-13, 03:17 PM
Hmmm - with so many factions, the first day point becomes worse than ever.

I point at Helgraf, and hope he isn't a potential ally.I'll second that point at Helgraf in an effort to counter the multiple points at yours truly, and to prevent potential competition from having access to his genius.

Also, for those who are confused by Malmagor, virusoids are the mindless mooks of the Simic Combine. Dismantling doesn't kill them, though, as scene in the third book. I wonder if fire would prove more effective. They are rather moist...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-11-13, 03:33 PM
A lone man walks around the city. That's all, just a man. No deep arcane magic. No planeswalking spark. Just a man.

So far.

As he's walking along, he bumps into Ganurath.

Pardon me, sir, but watch your step, or it won't be yours much longer.

((Sorry 'bout that, just the day 1 random guessing.))

Helgraf
2008-11-13, 04:06 PM
I'll second that point at Helgraf in an effort to counter the multiple points at yours truly, and to prevent potential competition from having access to his genius.

Also, for those who are confused by Malmagor, virusoids are the mindless mooks of the Simic Combine. Dismantling doesn't kill them, though, as scene in the third book. I wonder if fire would prove more effective. They are rather moist...

Well now I have to point at you to ensure my own safety. Bah.

Ganurath

Istari
2008-11-13, 04:35 PM
A young elf strides in "Where can I find a place to relax around here?"
Also Helgraf because he's above me

Vampiric
2008-11-13, 04:53 PM
When is pointing at Malmagor Andrigal not a good idea?! :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2008-11-13, 05:12 PM
((When Murska's still in the game.))

A flying sliver appears. The first of many.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-13, 05:51 PM
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/ElliottVarn.pngThe helpful man sighs as he waits a whole hour (A day is, I'm assuming, 10 hours in game. The day has a 72 hour real life total. I've been waiting more than seven hours.) without a response from the goblin. He turns to see the strange plantlike creature walking through the streets. The man turns and walks to the virusoid. "Malmagor Andrigal..." He mutters as he spies a branding on the creature.

Skippy
2008-11-13, 08:38 PM
The little goblin enters a tavern, where he accidentally bumps a table, spilling Vampiric's beer.

hap_hazard
2008-11-13, 10:11 PM
Murska. -fill-

Ganurath
2008-11-13, 10:41 PM
A lone man walks around the city. That's all, just a man. No deep arcane magic. No planeswalking spark. Just a man.

So far.

As he's walking along, he bumps into Ganurath.

Pardon me, sir, but watch your step, or it won't be yours much longer.

((Sorry 'bout that, just the day 1 random guessing.))The half-orc sneers and flips out a light blade (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=83619). "And you'll mind your tongue by the same reasoning. Or did you assume you were the only guild man in the Quarter?"

((Changing point to Murska for a superior defense.))

Helgraf
2008-11-13, 10:57 PM
The half-orc sneers and flips out a light blade (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=83619). "And you'll mind your tongue by the same reasoning. Or did you assume you were the only guild man in the Quarter?"

((Changing point to Murska for a superior defense.))

My name is Helgraf, and I approve of this action.
Murska

Murska
2008-11-14, 01:38 AM
Hey! This isn't fair. I mean, everyone's a wolf in this game so you don't even have a REASON for it. :smallmad:

EDIT: Apparently Helgraf's my best bet.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-14, 01:46 AM
hap hazard because i don't fell like joining any bandwagons. And he was the first person above me that didnt have a bandwagon on them*.

*Note: i didn't check to see if Ganurath did. :smalltongue:

TFT
2008-11-14, 01:54 AM
Hey Vampiric, hows it goin?

Ganurath
2008-11-14, 03:18 AM
Hey! This isn't fair. I mean, everyone's a wolf in this game so you don't even have a REASON for it. :smallmad:

EDIT: Apparently Helgraf's my best bet.Actually, at least three of us have a very good reason: You're not me/us.

Jontom Xire
2008-11-14, 03:51 AM
I realised last night the flaw in this game. With so many different factions and no scries anywhere almost every day is going to be like a first day lynch. There's no point at looking for voting patterns since no-one knows who they are pointing at and even if you identify a group of people voting as a block you have no idea if they are a friend or enemy. Or even just pointing at the same person coincidentally.

Aemoh
2008-11-14, 04:46 AM
*hello point at Shas'aia Toriia*

Alarra
2008-11-14, 05:48 AM
There are scries Jontom, every team can scry once every 3 days. I'd say that's a lot of scries actually.

Selrahc
2008-11-14, 06:16 AM
Murska or Helgraf. Hmmm...
Vampiric

Murska
2008-11-14, 06:32 AM
Actually, at least three of us have a very good reason: You're not me/us.

Which three? You, Helgraf...

Jontom Xire
2008-11-14, 06:58 AM
I have just spreadsheeted all the relationships between all the guilds and scored as follows:

I want you dead or you want me dead = -2
We both want the same person dead = 2
We are both being attacked by the same person = 2
I want someone dead who wants you dead, or visa versa = 1

Scoring like that, the results are:

Most shafted: Azorius and Orzhov only score 5
Most loved: Gruul clans score 9
Strongest alliance: Simic and Dimir who have a relationship score of 5 relative to each other. Curiously most everyone else hates them one way or the other :smallbiggrin:

Curiously, Selesnyan want dead both the guilds that are attacking Gruul. Something went a bit wrong there.

I may have scored oddly. I may have missed out a dimension where a guild wants dead someone who is a friend in some way to me. But those are my conclusions.

Murska
2008-11-14, 07:35 AM
I have just spreadsheeted all the relationships between all the guilds and scored as follows:

I want you dead or you want me dead = -2
We both want the same person dead = 2
We are both being attacked by the same person = 2
I want someone dead who wants you dead, or visa versa = 1

Scoring like that, the results are:

Most shafted: Azorius and Orzhov only score 5
Most loved: Gruul clans score 9
Strongest alliance: Simic and Dimir who have a relationship score of 5 relative to each other. Curiously most everyone else hates them one way or the other :smallbiggrin:

Curiously, Selesnyan want dead both the guilds that are attacking Gruul. Something went a bit wrong there.

I may have scored oddly. I may have missed out a dimension where a guild wants dead someone who is a friend in some way to me. But those are my conclusions.

Actually, Selesnyan wants to kill Simic and Dimir, only one of which wants Gruul dead.

Jontom Xire
2008-11-14, 08:15 AM
Win Conditions
House Dimir: Szadek, Lord of Secrets, decreed that the angels must become extinct, and so the Boros must be eliminated. However, equally important is the annihilation of the Golgari: Savra knew where Duskmantle was, and may have told others where it was.
[

Could have fooled me! You're right about the Gruul though. I meant the Golgari.

Jontom Xire
2008-11-14, 09:27 AM
Now then,

what this game needs is a willing victim..errr..volunteer to step forward and announce their guild. As everyone either votes to kill or save them we can start to work out who is what rather than just randomly pointing without a clue.

I recommend that someone from Gruul step forward as they are the most popular and hence less likely to get killed.

And do it at the start of the day so people have a chance to contact you.

Just so everyone knows, my guild is as follows:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

owFVkDFLw1AQx2NKFCIOdXMQTlwcSjYRF4U6lIBO+gWuybPv0f fuhbyXxnwDF8Wu
Dn6CFgQnoYNIB5eOxcXFxclBEHE1aVFwPO73v9/dXa3UHLf+tff2nKjb0cLgu72c
Yo9EhIE9s+H69lIIqEAQWM6gqVNt4JB1hKYAQsiF4WA1oJRFWV g+o1padjAV0MqE
jBtwzCQzVCDBgaZIYo8BUgwnFZlmmWwAGsgZ8KrDiCnBTCWMtF JzTbkAxyQp/quQ
Ck1lQhoGOdcgDBDLbIqy4tTcMiM5ytO/yZoAQQolLIuhjUaYwPf98/2a51Tn/r6i
7nYHzrU78ajbvzx6Gnqv7y/Tu9WNxwvnZtc2xyNvOl783Jn0t+7X0o/Nhx8=
=xr5A
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Anyone willing to tell me their guild will get the public key that decrypts this message :)

And there's not much point in lying since by doing so you might make us enemies where otherwise we could have been friends.

Haruki-kun
2008-11-14, 09:30 AM
((Don't know anything about the setting, so I'm at a loss for RP.

Pointing at Vampiric for now.))

PhantomFox
2008-11-14, 10:30 AM
Ooh, I think we have a tie right now. Helgraf and Murska, no?

Hmm, Helgraf for now, let's give Murska a break. Got an impressive wagon in Smash, let's not lynch him in two games at once.

Helgraf
2008-11-14, 11:05 AM
Whereas I just got lynched in Final Fantasy, so I'm fair game? I don't like that logic Phantomfox.

PhantomFox
2008-11-14, 11:07 AM
I'm not in FF, and don't pay attention to it. You got lynched there too?

Ganurath
2008-11-14, 11:49 AM
Now then,

what this game needs is a willing victim..errr..volunteer to step forward and announce their guild. As everyone either votes to kill or save them we can start to work out who is what rather than just randomly pointing without a clue.

I recommend that someone from Gruul step forward as they are the most popular and hence less likely to get killed.

And do it at the start of the day so people have a chance to contact you.

Just so everyone knows, my guild is as follows:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

owFVkDFLw1AQx2NKFCIOdXMQTlwcSjYRF4U6lIBO+gWuybPv0f fuhbyXxnwDF8Wu
Dn6CFgQnoYNIB5eOxcXFxclBEHE1aVFwPO73v9/dXa3UHLf+tff2nKjb0cLgu72c
Yo9EhIE9s+H69lIIqEAQWM6gqVNt4JB1hKYAQsiF4WA1oJRFWV g+o1padjAV0MqE
jBtwzCQzVCDBgaZIYo8BUgwnFZlmmWwAGsgZ8KrDiCnBTCWMtF JzTbkAxyQp/quQ
Ck1lQhoGOdcgDBDLbIqy4tTcMiM5ytO/yZoAQQolLIuhjUaYwPf98/2a51Tn/r6i
7nYHzrU78ajbvzx6Gnqv7y/Tu9WNxwvnZtc2xyNvOl783Jn0t+7X0o/Nhx8=
=xr5A
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Anyone willing to tell me their guild will get the public key that decrypts this message :)

And there's not much point in lying since by doing so you might make us enemies where otherwise we could have been friends.*steps forward*

I'm a half-orc with an attitude that draws a blade at the first sign of trouble, of course I'm Gruul. Scab-Clan, if you want to get specific.

Duos
2008-11-14, 11:56 AM
Now then,

Actually, I recommend Izzet step forward. They're actually true neutral- They don't have anyone to kill, no-one targets them, AND they have a win condition that can be fulfilled without causing anyone else to lose.

Jontom Xire
2008-11-14, 12:12 PM
Yes, but duh! That's why they SHOULDN'T step forward! If the Izzet step forward it won't change voting patterns in the slightest so we won't be able to learn anything from the resulting voting patterns.

Duos
2008-11-14, 12:18 PM
It's not the wanting to kill them, it's the fact that the Izzet get actual (albeit random) power roles. People will contact the Izzet, wanting them on their side, and the Izzet get to trade the information of that persons alignment for a use of power, becoming information brokers. After a while, people know more roles, and with all the scrying that will be going on tonight, the initial revelation of a person's alignment quickly becomes unnecessary, and they'll get killed by their opponents.

Selrahc
2008-11-14, 12:18 PM
I don't see why it's in anyones best interests to step forward. The teams all have scry actions, and that is what can get them making informed votes, and get alliances up and running easily.

If you step forward, then you are going to be a red flashing target for the two teams that need to eliminate your faction.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-14, 12:43 PM
I led the bandwagon against Murska, but only followed the Helgraf one that makes me feel less guilty about voting for Helgraf.

Although, I don't think Murska is long for this world in Smash Bros.

Reinholdt
2008-11-14, 12:43 PM
((But a green light for all your allies. It's sort of a sacrifice yourself to get alliances formed type thing (since you will die during the night. Maybe not right away, but you will.)

Whether it's a good idea or not... hard to say. But it would probably be more interesting than randomly voting.))

Zar Peter
2008-11-14, 12:50 PM
* Is confused *

I point at Muska...

Twila
2008-11-14, 04:55 PM
I point at Helgraf

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-14, 05:23 PM
Shadow

Don't know if he's in the game, but he's a wolf!:smalltongue:

PirateMonk
2008-11-14, 07:31 PM
Shadow

Don't know if he's in the game, but he's a wolf!:smalltongue:

He isn't, but Shadowcaller is.

GAThraawn
2008-11-14, 07:47 PM
Well, I do like me a bandwagon. Murska it is!

Shadowcaller
2008-11-14, 07:56 PM
Helgraf, to keep it even.

Recaiden
2008-11-14, 08:03 PM
I, uh, Helgraf?

Darkcomet
2008-11-14, 08:05 PM
Murska, to keep it even.

Format shamelessly stolen from Shadowcaller :smalltongue:.

Istari
2008-11-14, 08:10 PM
First day randomness FTW!!!

2008-11-14, 08:13 PM
Completely ill-equipped with knowledge or reasoning of the setting he's thrust himself into, Fullbladder wanders the streets, simultaneously damning his bad aim and the multiverse in general.

In his bumbling anf mumbling, he almost half recognizes Ganurath, and for a time follows behind that one.

detrevnisisiht
2008-11-14, 09:34 PM
*coin flip* Helgraf

PirateMonk
2008-11-14, 09:46 PM
First day randomness FTW!!!

It's not just first day randomness. With no set bad guys, the only repercussions to killing people at random is that it slows down your progress towards victory and jeopardizes your chances of allying with other factions.

Darkcomet
2008-11-14, 09:47 PM
Not to mention the Izzet, who have to be extra careful not to lynch one of their own.

Helgraf
2008-11-15, 01:52 AM
Now why are you trying so hard to put me under, folks? I'm dead in almost every game; hell, I got killed by a golf ball in Grave Robbers. A *golf ball*, for crying out loud!

Two games in two days. Not my record, but annoying nevertheless even though I recognize it's the 'risks of playing the game'.

Don't suppose Fullbladder or Selrahc or any of the Ganurath wagoneers might be convinced to vote for Murska - or any of my "random pointers" might move to another target?

Mustiado
2008-11-15, 03:13 AM
I guess I'll vote for Murska...

Selrahc
2008-11-15, 06:45 AM
Don't suppose Fullbladder or Selrahc or any of the Ganurath wagoneers might be convinced to vote for Murska - or any of my "random pointers" might move to another target?

Well I'm actually voting for Vampiric, but yeah, I could change my vote. PM with your best offer.

EDIT: Also, I don't think you are dead in Graverobbers, I think that was a bit of random silliness by the narrators.

Murska
2008-11-15, 06:50 AM
Hmf. I didn't really want to bandwagon anyone, and at least not you since you're dead in other games as well, Helgraf, but I was sort of forced to it due to your 'spontaneous' decision to join with Ganurath and try to off me instead... :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Helgraf... Where does it say you got killed by the golf ball? All I see is that you were hit by it and the playerlist doesn't note you being dead either.

hap_hazard
2008-11-15, 09:53 AM
Cool. Bandwagon. Murska.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-15, 09:59 AM
Helgraf

Murska
2008-11-15, 10:20 AM
Cool. Bandwagon. Murska.

Don't cheat. You voted for me already. :smallwink:

Istari
2008-11-15, 12:35 PM
So is the day over yet?

PhantomFox
2008-11-15, 01:09 PM
It says days are 72 hours, so in about 9 hours from now.

Ganurath
2008-11-15, 02:36 PM
Completely ill-equipped with knowledge or reasoning of the setting he's thrust himself into, Fullbladder wanders the streets, simultaneously damning his bad aim and the multiverse in general.

In his bumbling anf mumbling, he almost half recognizes Ganurath, and for a time follows behind that one.((10,000 years ago, Ravnica (essentially Fantasy Coruscant) was torn by conflict between the factions of Order and Chaos, the biggest fighters in which were Cizarim or something like that, a giant cyclops who had actually unified the Gruul Clans, a feat comparible to unifying the Orks in 40K who championed Chaos, whereas Law was fought for by Razia, a fiery angel who lead her race to try to create peace. Supposedly, although there is no record of this, the fighting was brought to a pause by the arrival of a psychic vampire, Szadek of House Dimir, which gave an Azorius Senator the chance to propose the Guildpact. The details I know are sketchy due to what happened in the book (the actor playing the giant cyclops was using a magic belt that forced him to remain in character, and that did not entail waiting for six more guildmasters) but ultimately ten guilds signed on with different roles: The Selesnyan Conclave would be the living spirit of the law, the Boros Legion the enforcers of the law, the Orzhov Syndicate would provide a check by which citizens may defend themselves against the law, the Azorius Senate would arbitrate the law, the Gruul Clans were charged with defending nature (they did poorly,) and although it isn't common knowledge the Cult of Rakdos and House Dimir were to strengthen the magic of the Guildpact through opposition, direct and indirect in each respective case. It's never explicitely stated what the Simic, Izzet, or Golgari are meant to do, but I'm guessing that due to what roles they play the Golgari manage maintainence (they give out free food to the poor, don't ask what,) the Izzet facilitate progress (plumbing, magitech, preventing natural disasters,) and the Simic provide medical aid and development, although recently they have claimed to take over the original role of the Gruul Clans.

Flash forward 9,000 years. Svogthir, the best necromancer in Ravnica, is otherthrown as leader of the Golgari by the Sisters of Stone Death, a coven of gorgons that had their numbers reduced from five to three during the coup. Rakdos Rebellions occur every couple of decades, and every generation the Boros Legion switches from police mode to military mode to kick them back into their volcanic headquarters. It's at about this point the once proud and noble Gruul Clans have been truly broken, now less associated with protecting nature and more associated with the Beggars Union and slave rebellions against the Orzhov. Niv-Mizzet, guildmaster of the Izzet League, is the last of his race, and his inner circle's initiation involves mindraping them into becoming geniuses (they don't call him the Firemind for nothing.) It should be noted that Ravnican years are shorter than our years, I'd estimate roughly half the length. All the numbers you've seen have been in Ravnican years.

Now, we move to the recent events of the last few decades. Savra of the devkarin elves has become the high priestess of her race. There was a Rakdos Rebellion within this generation, so expect a lot of prejudice and hostility in the ranks of the Wojek, the policing subdivision of the Boros Legion. Momir Vig, last of a nearly dead ethnic group of elves, recently became the guildmaster of the Simic Combine. The Izzet recently attempted an experiment to wipe out the plague in a reclamation zone called Utvara that had interesting results, a Schism in the sky.

Current events: Given how Savra is alive and in charge of the Golgari at this time, it can only be assumed we are either on an alternate timeline or that we're somewhere in the storyline of the first book, where Savra recently staged a coup against the Sisters of Stone Death with the help of the newly ressurected Svogthir, who was using the necrotized body of a certain giant cyclops (actually, just his torso, not sure where the rest came from.) She then killed Svogthir after he killed two of the sisters, and absorbed his power. The surviving sister was made privy to Savra's plans for her, and she liked it. Preperations are being made for the Decamillenial festival at Vitu-Ghazi, where the Chorus of the Conclave will renew the Guildpact.))

Shadowcaller
2008-11-15, 02:42 PM
((10,000 years ago, Ravnica (essentially Fantasy Coruscant) was torn by conflict between the factions of Order and Chaos, the biggest fighters in which were Cizarim or something like that, a giant cyclops who had actually unified the Gruul Clans, a feat comparible to unifying the Orks in 40K who championed Chaos, whereas Law was fought for by Razia, a fiery angel who lead her race to try to create peace. Supposedly, although there is no record of this, the fighting was brought to a pause by the arrival of a psychic vampire, Szadek of House Dimir, which gave an Azorius Senator the chance to propose the Guildpact. The details I know are sketchy due to what happened in the book (the actor playing the giant cyclops was using a magic belt that forced him to remain in character, and that did not entail waiting for six more guildmasters) but ultimately ten guilds signed on with different roles: The Selesnyan Conclave would be the living spirit of the law, the Boros Legion the enforcers of the law, the Orzhov Syndicate would provide a check by which citizens may defend themselves against the law, the Azorius Senate would arbitrate the law, the Gruul Clans were charged with defending nature (they did poorly,) and although it isn't common knowledge the Cult of Rakdos and House Dimir were to strengthen the magic of the Guildpact through opposition, direct and indirect in each respective case. It's never explicitely stated what the Simic, Izzet, or Golgari are meant to do, but I'm guessing that due to what roles they play the Golgari manage maintainence (they give out free food to the poor, don't ask what,) the Izzet facilitate progress (plumbing, magitech, preventing natural disasters,) and the Simic provide medical aid and development, although recently they have claimed to take over the original role of the Gruul Clans.

Flash forward 9,000 years. Svogthir, the best necromancer in Ravnica, is otherthrown as leader of the Golgari by the Sisters of Stone Death, a coven of gorgons that had their numbers reduced from five to three during the coup. Rakdos Rebellions occur every couple of decades, and every generation the Boros Legion switches from police mode to military mode to kick them back into their volcanic headquarters. It's at about this point the once proud and noble Gruul Clans have been truly broken, now less associated with protecting nature and more associated with the Beggars Union and slave rebellions against the Orzhov. Niv-Mizzet, guildmaster of the Izzet League, is the last of his race, and his inner circle's initiation involves mindraping them into becoming geniuses (they don't call him the Firemind for nothing.) It should be noted that Ravnican years are shorter than our years, I'd estimate roughly half the length. All the numbers you've seen have been in Ravnican years.

Now, we move to the recent events of the last few decades. Savra of the devkarin elves has become the high priestess of her race. There was a Rakdos Rebellion within this generation, so expect a lot of prejudice and hostility in the ranks of the Wojek, the policing subdivision of the Boros Legion. Momir Vig, last of a nearly dead ethnic group of elves, recently became the guildmaster of the Simic Combine. The Izzet recently attempted an experiment to wipe out the plague in a reclamation zone called Utvara that had interesting results, a Schism in the sky.

Current events: Given how Savra is alive and in charge of the Golgari at this time, it can only be assumed we are either on an alternate timeline or that we're somewhere in the storyline of the first book, where Savra recently staged a coup against the Sisters of Stone Death with the help of the newly ressurected Svogthir, who was using the necrotized body of a certain giant cyclops (actually, just his torso, not sure where the rest came from.) She then killed Svogthir after he killed two of the sisters, and absorbed his power. The surviving sister was made privy to Savra's plans for her, and she liked it. Preperations are being made for the Decamillenial festival at Vitu-Ghazi, where the Chorus of the Conclave will renew the Guildpact.))

A good summary Ganurath, I could not have said it better myself.

2008-11-15, 03:38 PM
Ganurath is trying to make my head pop with information about the setting, which I did read yet I'm not sure if it stuck, so I'm pretty much persuadable.

I've been persuaded to point at Murska, anyway.

Ganurath
2008-11-15, 03:47 PM
Ganurath is trying to make my head pop with information about the setting, which I did read yet I'm not sure if it stuck, so I'm pretty much persuadable.

I've been persuaded to point at Murska, anyway.OOC: Feel free to PM me if you want information on specific guilds, although understand that the information on House Dimir is somewhat limited due to their secretive nature.

evnafets
2008-11-15, 05:14 PM
Meh. I don't like bandwagons. So I'm not gonna point at Helgraf OR Murska.

evnafets points at Istari for not reading the rules about how long the day is.

(now THATS a random first day point)

Helgraf
2008-11-15, 05:47 PM
Hmf. I didn't really want to bandwagon anyone, and at least not you since you're dead in other games as well, Helgraf, but I was sort of forced to it due to your 'spontaneous' decision to join with Ganurath and try to off me instead... :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Helgraf... Where does it say you got killed by the golf ball? All I see is that you were hit by it and the playerlist doesn't note you being dead either.

I was the night kill and ZP was killed by a special effects card.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm confused. I _thought_ I was the night kill; trying to get clarification on my living or dead status in that game.

Selrahc
2008-11-15, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Rogue Monk was the night kill, and you were just a bit of narrative silliness(Which seems to have backfired :smalleek:).

Uncle Festy
2008-11-15, 06:38 PM
((*pokes head in*
Day should end in a couple hours.
@Ganurath: Thanks for that, and nice summary. Mind if I take you on as Flavor Consultant? Frankly, you seem to know more about the setting then I do. :smalltongue:
In any event, assume it's an alternate storyline branching off from the first book –*the Golgari/whoever else was involved succeeded in preventing the renewal of the guildpact, which is why the guilds have devolved back into all out war. Unless there's some reason that wouldn't work that I've forgotten? I really should reread the books…))

Madmal
2008-11-15, 06:50 PM
Virusoid....

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-15, 09:48 PM
The red-haired man, yawning after another day of arduous work, decides to head in for the night. He makes his way through the streets, towards his towering apartment building. The sun finally makes its way over the horizon. The man lays down, prepared to wake up an hour later and slip away under the cover of night.

Recaiden
2008-11-15, 10:16 PM
Murska, because he does too well.

Virusoid?

Uncle Festy
2008-11-15, 10:49 PM
((:smalleek:
Ok, I totally did not mean to be out this long.
Update comes as soon as I finish counting votes and writing the scene. Feel free to send in night actions as of now, if it's absolutely necessary (I'll be shortening the night to make sure I can update on time).))

Uncle Festy
2008-11-15, 11:24 PM
For a day of complete chaos, the city is pretty quiet. But slowly (and quietly) the lynch mobs form. The guilds are riling up the populace to fight for them, and the mob is converging on three people.
"Lynch Ganurath!"
"No, don't lynch me! I'm an orc! That's speceist!"
"… ok, lynch Helgraf!"
"Wait, I've already been killed in a bunch of other games! That's not fair!"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Look, I'm breaking the fourth wall. Just roll with it."
"How about we lynch Murska? He's usually evil, isn't he?"
"Hey, I'm not evil! I'm just a demon worshipper who wants to sacrifice you to my dark master!"
The mob stares at Murska for a long, drawn out moment.
"Oops."

Summary
Murska was lynched. He was a member of the Cult of Rakdos.

Day One Ends. Night Begins.
Night Ends In ~ 22 Hours.
((Narrator's note: In the future, any changed vote where the voter does not cross out his old one will not count and will not reset the autolynch timer. In addition, any votes against a player not in the game will not count for anything.
Sorry about the short night, but if I want to give more then 24 hours, the night will have to be closer to 48… unless Alarra would be able to cover for me? Hey, Alarra, would you mind PMing me the times that you're usually on? Thanks.))

Ganurath
2008-11-16, 12:01 AM
As your Flavor Consultant, I will say this to start off: There is only one A in Rakdos. And only the Golgari actually refer to themselves as a guild, they're all named formally as such:

The Selesnyan Conclave
The Azorius Senate
House Dimir
The Cult of Rakdos
The Gruul Clans
The Boros Legion
The Simic Combine
The Orzhov Syndicate
The Izzet League (arguably the most religious guild for a bunch of nerds)
The Golgari Guild

There are also various guilds that aren't signed on to the Guildpact, such as the beggar's guild (a Gruul front outside the wilder areas like the Undercity and reclamation zones) and the thieves guild (suspected as being a front for House Dimir.) Ach, look at me ramble.

detrevnisisiht
2008-11-16, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Uncle Festy;5302773]
Murska was lynched. He was a member of the Cult of Rakdos.[/QUOut]
Yay? * *

Ganurath
2008-11-16, 12:35 AM
Murska was lynched. He was a member of the Cult of Rakdos.
Yay? * *If you're Azorius, Boros, Gruul, or Orzhov. Boo if you're Rakdos. Meh for everyone else, with a slight lean toward Boo because the first four guilds are that much closer to winning.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-16, 12:39 AM
The Simic Combine

I'm going to have to make a HL2 joke now, aren't I.
:smallsigh:
:smallwink:

Jontom Xire
2008-11-16, 03:52 AM
There are scries Jontom, every team can scry once every 3 days. I'd say that's a lot of scries actually.

Ah, actually I missed that in the rules. Apologies.

So now, what to do now it's night phase?

Ganurath
2008-11-16, 04:53 AM

I'm going to have to make a HL2 joke now, aren't I.
:smallsigh:
:smallwink:I'm working on a massive summary of all of the Guilds regarding their leadership, hierarchy, funding, military, and traditions in a Word document. In review, there are a lot of disturbing implications about the Orzhov Syndicate and House Dimir...

Uncle Festy
2008-11-16, 09:36 AM
@^: Awesomesauce. Can't wait to read it. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2008-11-16, 09:53 AM
Aww. For once a game I really wanted to play in. :smallfrown:

If only Ganurath's first un-overwritten point would've counted. *sigh*

@V Well, Helgraf was leading in points up until like hours after I thought the day would have ended so I sort of thought I'd make it.

Selrahc
2008-11-16, 09:57 AM

Well you could have tried bribing me. The offer was there for both of you.:smallamused:

Ganurath
2008-11-16, 11:49 AM

@V Well, Helgraf was leading in points up until like hours after I thought the day would have ended so I sort of thought I'd make it.In the second novel it's stated that the Utvara Gruul killed off all Rakdos influences in the reclamation zone due to fierce tribal warfare between the two guilds. I find my being held responsible for your death hilariously poetic.

Alarra
2008-11-17, 01:48 AM
The night was long, the citizens of all of the warring factions having spent the evening strengthening their members or gathering information. You wake warily, expecting to find some new problem has beset the town. However, everything is quiet and still.

A Terrarion (http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/RAV/en-us/Card83629.jpg) sits in the center of the town square. You have no idea where it has come from or how it might help you to better seek your revenge, but it is curious.

Day 2 begins

Will end in approximately 48 hours.

Dr. Bath, Dallas-Dakota, Malmagor Andrigal, Mordokai, and Vibrant failed to point yesterday. (or failed to point at someone playing in the game :smallwink:) Please vote today to avoid being autolynched.

Ganurath
2008-11-17, 01:59 AM
Malmagor Androgial is either a Simic virusoid given the speech mannerisms, or a Dimir doppleganger impersonating a virusoid, known as Lupil among the Boros angels who pursued genocide against the homicidal hiveminds. So, either someone who wants me dead or someone who wants my allies dead. Yeah, not gonna have any of that.

Oh, and being Gruul, I'll try to smash the Terrarion.

Mordokai
2008-11-17, 04:36 AM
Random (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1814409/) point at Vampiric. Since I don't have anything to work with and since I want to avoid autolynch.

And I think I better get over this as soon as possible. I'm one of the Izzets. You don't need to know which one, all you need to know is that I'm neutral. Who wins this... it doesn't matter to me. All I want is to survive. But survival is hard, when you are wandering around blind. So, I ask one member of any guild to come to me, so I can get as many info as possible. I understand trust is something rarely given and rarely received in WWs, but at the moment, you have little to work with and even less to act on. You decide to trust me, you can get a whole lot of information much sooner than by waiting three nights, so you can get a single scry. It's entirely up to you to decide, whether you'll trust me or not. Even if you don't, all I ask is not to be lynched or night killed, since all you do by doing that is wasting a valuable kill attempt at somebody that doesn't bring you any closer to your goal. However, if you decide to do so... there is little I can do to stop you. If the other three Izzets want to contact me, all the better. However, if you do decide to do so, I want to know your role. Ideally, all three of you will want to get in contact with me and by knowing your role, I can ferret out any possible imposters.

So... the gauntlet has been thrown. Will you pick it up?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-17, 10:00 AM
*The llama knows a jar of Skittles when he sees one and waits for Ganurath to smash it so when the Skittles all fly out, Atreyu can snag some.*

Dirk Kris
2008-11-17, 10:29 AM
The waifish, aristocratic girl emerges cautiously into the sunlight. She leans against a tavern wall and watches the commotion with a disconnected glaze over her eyes. She nods slightly at Ganurath when he volunteers.
Suddenly, her nose catches a whiff of something familiar and unpleasant. Her eyes dart across the square, where she catches sight of Hero 1.0. Her eyes flash into an angry glare, and she retreats into the shadows of her hood.

((random point, since no one has pointed at him yet))

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-17, 11:03 AM
Ganurath - Votting an AL.

Vampiric
2008-11-17, 11:07 AM
Votting an AL.

Doing a what-now?

Deathslayer7
2008-11-17, 02:24 PM
random point at DD

Reinholdt
2008-11-17, 02:32 PM
((I rather dislike it when people point at other people for RPing. So I'll point at Ganurath purely out of spite.))

A Crystalline Sliver appears next to the Winged Sliver.

Istari
2008-11-17, 03:14 PM
A talon sliver approaches the city at which point it grows wings a flys up to join its fellows
Ganurath for sliver power random point

Ganurath
2008-11-17, 03:24 PM
A talon sliver approaches the city at which point it grows wings a flys up to join its fellows
Ganurath for sliver power random pointNo card found that matches your criteria. (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/index.aspx?term=sliver&Field_Name=on&Field_Rules=on&Field_Type=on&Field_Flavor=on&setfilter=Ravnica%20Block)

Edit: Also, since I'm already out as Gruul, pointing at me makes you suspect as either guilds that target Gruul or guilds that Gruul target. That is to say, make you a viable suspect for the use of the night kill. Just a thought. Well, more like a threat. *draws blade* Okay, now it's a threat.

Istari
2008-11-17, 04:03 PM
oh I wasn't paying attention.
Well since I don't like threats Mustiado

Duos
2008-11-17, 04:16 PM
I'm going to point at Emperor Demonking because it's what we all do. And I'll try to use the Terrarion to produce one red mana and one blue mana, using the additional mana to allow me to cast Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (http://www.hraj.cz/mtg/archiv/guildpact/niv-mizzet_the_firemind_04.jpg) and put Ophidian Eye (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGTIM/ophidian_eye.jpg) on him. (yes, I traveled into the future to get that enchantment.) On my next turn, I shall tap him, and infinite loop-ping another player to death! MWA HA HA HA HA!

PhantomFox
2008-11-17, 04:24 PM
Study the thingy Terrarion, and point at... um... Dallas.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-17, 04:24 PM
As the morning dawns, the red-haired man descends from a tall tower. He glances around, and quickly spies the Terrarion. Soon, Ganurath runs into view, attempting to smash it. "Stop!" Shouts the man. "This object may be of use to us. It contains energy, and can manipulate it when used correctly. If you agree not to smash it, I would gladly allow your guild partial access to its reserves." The man, out of the corner of his eye, spots Atreyu the Masked LLama, urging the orc on. "Sir, it appears you know what this object contains. It would not be wise to destroy such a valuable resource." The man approaches the object, and picks it up, shielding the Terrarion from harm.

EDIT: Also, Duos, that isn't an infinite loop. You'll either deck yourself, or your opponent will die.

Ganurath
2008-11-17, 05:10 PM
Ganurath gives the redhead an impatient look and picks up a rock the size of his torso. "I know how it works, too, and it works by being smashed. Now, hand it over!"

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-17, 05:21 PM
"Whoah, whoah, there! Slow down! I'm not looking for a fight," the man says. "Besides, smashing releases most of the energy in the form of heat. When hooked up to an extractor, this machine can produce many times more energy. As is the case, I will give you a choice. You can smash it now, hurting your hand with the glass shards, and releasing the energy into the outside world, unable to be used effectively." The man tosses the object into his other hand. "Or, you can allow me to hook it up to the machine. I will give the Gruul clan twenty percent of the energy produced, and you will end up with about twice as much energy as you would through smashing it. In addition, this energy is manufactured. You can apply it wherever you wish, with much, much more potential than thermal energy." The man tosses the object to Ganurath. "The choice is yours." The man rests his hand on the hilt of his sword, prepared for a battle. These Gruul folks always seem to resort to violence...

Ganurath
2008-11-17, 05:51 PM
The half-orc rolls his eyes and uses the torso-sized rock to smash the Terrarion. "Never heard of magic? All it takes to draw the power out is a focused WILL!"

Also, change point to Reinholdt Orzhov.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-17, 06:32 PM
"A poor choice indeed..." Says the man.

Darkcomet
2008-11-17, 06:50 PM
I'll go for Emperor Demonking today.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-11-17, 06:56 PM
Tch tch tch. Such a waste. 'Could've been put to much better use, I'm afraid.

This man comes up out of nowhere. You're not quite sure what it is about him, but something smells . . . off about him. Not quite the smell of death, but something remarkably similar.

Istari
2008-11-17, 07:09 PM
Also, change point to Reinholdt Orzhov.

Are you claiming that Reinhodt is Orzhov?

Darkcomet
2008-11-17, 07:10 PM
I'd say he is. It also matches with his claim of being Gruul.

hap_hazard
2008-11-17, 07:15 PM
Don't cheat. You voted for me already. :smallwink:

Eh. My bad. :smallredface:

Shas'aia Toriia.

Reinholdt
2008-11-17, 07:20 PM
((Perhaps. Except I didn't vote for Ganurath because he's Gruul. I pointed at him for trying to lynch a player over role-playing. It really takes the fun out of it for those who do enjoy RPing if they get lynched just for doing so.

It's not like I expected Ganurath to actually die or anything (Who would?). Heck it was more of a placeholder point until some bandwagons formed to choose from more than anything.))

Madmal
2008-11-17, 07:21 PM
Virusoid.
(retributional point at Ganurath)

Ganurath
2008-11-17, 07:33 PM
Are you claiming that Reinhodt is Orzhov?I'm claiming he has admitted/claimed such in private.

Alarra
2008-11-17, 07:54 PM
The terrarion explodes as the rock smashes into it, sending glass shards and swirls of color flying in every direction. As the dust clears, you can see Ganurath has been knocked to the ground and looks rather stunned.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-17, 08:34 PM
The red-haired man holds back a laugh. What a fool... He did not heed my warnings, and look where it has gotten him! The man begins to look around as the dust clears, searching for traces of energy. Taking a deep breath, the man prepares to tap into the remaining reserves. As he reaches his hand out, the energy flows around it. So much wasted...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-11-17, 09:11 PM
Eh. My bad. :smallredface:

Shas'aia Toriia.

Eh, I didn't vote, so hap_hazard seems as likely a target as anybody else.

PirateMonk
2008-11-17, 09:56 PM
Ganurath before he dooms us all with his smashing of valuable items.

Ganurath
2008-11-17, 10:09 PM
Ganurath before he dooms us all with his smashing of valuable items.Whew! Quite a rush that was. THAT is how a Terrarion works. Break the seal, big rush of energy.

Aemoh
2008-11-17, 11:33 PM
*random point at Darkcomet*

Skippy
2008-11-17, 11:46 PM
The Goblin stands again in the alley, after watching the aftermath of the explosion. He then walks to the place where there are still some remains of the Terrarion, and tries to sell it to Pirate Monk.

GAThraawn
2008-11-18, 01:34 AM
Well, I have to say I'm always a sucker for an EDK bandwagon. It's gonna happen sooner or later, might as well get it out of the way now.

Ganurath
2008-11-18, 03:58 AM
Changing point against, make it EDK.

Dr. Bath
2008-11-18, 05:39 AM
Ganurath. .

Jontom Xire
2008-11-18, 05:56 AM
I owe Ganurath for being brave enough to step forward and give us (me) all something to analyse voting-pattern-wise. So I vote for Emperor Demonking.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-18, 06:02 AM
EDK then, his claims seem valid, and if he's not, then I supose a member of the GRUUL would have stepped forward telling us that he's not one of them, no?

Selrahc
2008-11-18, 06:30 AM
Breaking shiny things is bad.
Whatever happened to him might be bad.
Ganurath to fight against the bad.

Recaiden
2008-11-18, 08:20 AM
Emperor Demonking

PhantomFox
2008-11-18, 12:17 PM
Ooh, tight contest. Garnurath to keep it tied. This will be interesting.

Helgraf
2008-11-18, 12:18 PM
EDK. Don't need no ties.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-18, 01:47 PM
The terrarion explodes as the rock smashes into it, sending glass shards and swirls of color flying in every direction. As the dust clears, you can see Ganurath has been knocked to the ground and looks rather stunned.

*The llama pouts as no skittles appear, then he growls at Ganurath.*

Duos
2008-11-18, 02:12 PM

The Transguild Courier scowls and shakes its fist.
"Curse ye! And I was going to win my match and move on to the finals with that!/'

Dirk Kris
2008-11-18, 02:34 PM
EDK attracts the attention of the woman, who scuttles away into the shadows when the terrarion explodes.

Ganurath
2008-11-18, 03:43 PM
*The llama pouts as no skittles appear, then he growls at Ganurath.* *tosses the llama (or dromad, if you want to get in setting) some candied fruit that he made the other day as an attempt to dissuade the loss*

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-18, 03:51 PM
The man glances about in the midst of the chaos, unable to focus during the shouting. "Stop!" The man screams. "Neither of these men have done anything wrong.... Except the orc, who chose to break the device... But that's another story. I do not believe the Gruul clan to have done anything wrong, and Emperor Demonking seems to want him to die. Why should wrongfully slay a member of the mighty Gruul clan? Their politics are not to be interfered with, and I have no problem letting this man live. He has hurt no one, save for himself."

Istari
2008-11-18, 03:56 PM
I'm starying out of this, no need to brodcast my possible guild to the world

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-18, 04:03 PM
Since EDK is unknown, he must be a Gruul-hater. We lynch him tomorrow.:smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2008-11-18, 04:05 PM
Since EDK is unknown, he must be a Gruul-hater. We lynch him tomorrow.:smallbiggrin:

Well, it seems more likely that we lynch EDK today...

Selrahc
2008-11-18, 04:07 PM
Why are you trying to convince people with the logic of "Hes a gruul hater, he must die"? About half the people in this game want the Gruul to die, and most of the rest are probably not too torn up, even if they do lose a potential ally.

If he hates Gruul, let Gruul kill him, they've got a night kill. I for one am not wasting my vote to save Gruul some work.