PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Urgent!

Xero Kunai
2008-11-01, 10:27 PM
So, I recently got one of the HERO system books, it's fifth edition I think.. Anyway, I have no idea how to make a character, the book is really vague and.. can anybody help me? Any explanations or such?

RTGoodman
2008-11-01, 11:29 PM
Well, it's not immediate help, but my big suggestion is to find someone IRL (in real life) who knows the rules and get them to help you. I know the forum is good for help, but for all its good points HERO System is VERY complicated if you've never played anything like it.

I can't really help (I played all of one session, and that was two years ago), but having someone sit there and help you with each part REALLY helps.

Xero Kunai
2008-11-02, 10:55 PM
Well, the game's over the net, and I don't know any one in real life nerdy enough to do anything close to that.

Darrin
2008-11-02, 11:09 PM
So, I recently got one of the HERO system books, it's fifth edition I think.. Anyway, I have no idea how to make a character, the book is really vague and.. can anybody help me? Any explanations or such?

The chargen process for Hero System can be a little daunting... quite a few people use spreadsheets and calculators to keep track of all the points. I don't think anyone would be able to help you, though, unless you knew what the point limit was. Once you have a point limit, I'm sure at the very least some people could throw some sample builds in your direction.

newbDM
2008-11-02, 11:18 PM
Well, I did not even know this system existed until I read this thread, but perhaps you could contact the GM?

Perhaps he would be willing to chat with you, help you through email, or perhaps even help you over the phone?

I imagine teaching the basics to new players is a universal job for DMs/GMs regardless of system.