PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I should do this 3.5

Stormageddon
2008-11-02, 01:49 AM
My DM is letting me DM for a adventure because he's getting tired of it. I plan to set the party against a rival "Evil" party. the PC party consists of:

LvL 3 Rogue/5 monk Human
LvL 5 scout/1 ranger (swift hunter)/1 fighter/ 2 shadow dancer Human
LvL 5 cleric/1 fighter/2 hunter of the undead Human
LvL 7 sorc/ 1 rogue Human

I was planing on pitting them against:

LvL 8 Barbarian Half-orc
LvL 9 Beguiler human
Lvl 6 Cleric Drow
LvL 8 Dusk Blade Elf

I just began the rival party creation and think I might have made the bad party to hard. I want a party that isn't too easy but isn't going to wipe the floor with the the PC party. What do think? Any suggestions?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-02, 01:53 AM
I'd make most of the Evil party CR 6 undead. Makes them immune to most of the party's offenses. Toss in an Evil Cleric of 8th level who spends his actions preventing Turning and buffing.

Fiery Diamond
2008-11-02, 02:24 AM
Um, I'm not sure why "undead, yay!" is a good suggestion - we don't know anything about the setting. First try to give advice with classes.

That looks like it won't be too hard for them.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-02, 02:26 AM
Um, I'm not sure why "undead, yay!" is a good suggestion - we don't know anything about the setting. First try to give advice with classes.

That looks like it won't be too hard for them.First, the Cleric is specifically anti-undead. Second, a party of the same level of the PCs is generally CR+4. Uses all of their resources, and 50/50 shot of a TPK. Make it difficult and requiring improvisation, not impossible.