PDA

View Full Version : In a Blood-stained Sweater...

AugustNights
2008-11-02, 02:48 AM
This is a large scale request, and it was suggested to me that I move to the threads.

If you haven't Seen "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny," here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM) is a link.

After Viewing Lappy9000's post in "The Dead Shall Rise Again!" thread, I have decided to build The Ultimate Showdown an encounter. The problem is that this is a lot of work to find/build all of these things.

Would anyone be able to help out with some of this?
Simply pointing me in the direction of previously built versions, or ideas for any of these characters would be awesome.

Old Godzilla [I think I saw something on this earlier here?]
Bat Man [I've heard of Bat Man wizards, but am not familiar.]
~BatMobile
~ Robin
Shaquel-O'neil [I think I'll be Building a Half-Giant Sword-Sage/Monk for this]
Arron Carter
Undead, Abraham Lincoln
Optimus Prime (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5240138&postcount=19)
Dudley Do-Right
Snidely Whiplash
Nuclear Bomb
Scruff-McGruff [Hybred Werewolf, Eberron Detective Class.]
Jacki Chan [High Level Monk/Bard]
Indiana Jones (Thinking of Re-hashing the Lasher for 3.5)
5 Care Bears
Special Agent Derrick Vann (Samuel L. Jackson.)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Santa Clause [I've seen this before I'm sure.]
Back the the Future's DeLorean[Maybe a Psionic Construct?]
Eric Bauman
LowTax
Tobias Funke in Blue.
Goku (On Nimbus)
R2D2
C3PO
Jawa
Judohobo
Chuck Norris
Gandolf the Grey
Gandolf the White
The Black Knight (with out limbs)
Benito Mussilini
The Blue Meanie
Cowbow Curtis
Jambi the Geanie
Robo-Cop
Terminator
Captain Kirk
Darth Vader
Super Man
Lo Pan
Red Power Ranger
Blue Power Ranger
Pink Power Ranger
Black Power Ranger
Yellow Power Ranger
White Power Ranger
(Though not Depicted, Might as well be thrown in) Green Power Ranger
Bill S Preston
Theadore Logan
Spock
Doc Ock.
The Rock
Hulk Hogan
The Alien (From Alien)
Freddy Krueger
Jason Voorhees
Alien Hominid
Captain James Hook
Harry Potter
Han Solo
(If you are going to have Han Solo...) Boba Fett
Pac-Man
The Invisible Man

and finally Mr. Rogers

EDIT: To add all characters missed.
Added Optimus Prime Build

~Thanks

Tuataralad
2008-11-02, 07:32 AM
Seems interesting. I seem to remember spock was in there too, in between The Rock and Hulk Hogan, but I could be wrong.

afroakuma
2008-11-02, 08:28 AM
if you're going by those who can be seen in the animation but aren't song-mentioned (By the way you have Superman there twice) then you also need Tobias Funke.

Zeta Kai
2008-11-02, 10:48 AM
The Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Showdown_of_Ultimate_Destiny) has a good rundown of the participants, & some good analysis. And here (http://artists.letssingit.com/lemon-demon-lyrics-the-ultimate-showdown-6ztn912) is a transcript of the lyrics, for further review by all.

Lappy9000
2008-11-02, 11:31 AM
I inspired something :smallbiggrin:

And sure, I'll start searching for some stuff.

Scaboroth
2008-11-04, 03:11 AM
Dude, are you serious? R U SRSLY? This battle would take, like weeks to play out! Where would you even get that many players!

Ascension
2008-11-04, 03:18 AM
Dude, are you serious? R U SRSLY? This battle would take, like weeks to play out! Where would you even get that many players!

More accurately, the fight would rage on for a century.

Lady Tialait
2008-11-04, 10:34 AM
I can't do any homebrewing for this, No time you see.

But, I call Jombi the Genie...I want in the group that took down chuck norris.

Tanaar
2008-11-04, 10:52 AM
Would this be a genuine homebrew system, work off an existing system, be based on a current system, or something else? Unless full-homebrew, which system?

Would it play out the same way as the animation did, or would characters be free to act of their own initiative?

If its unscripted, I *call* Chuck Norris. Relative to 3.5 D&D (as Monk isn't out for 4.0 yet), I think we can agree he's an 18th-20th level Monk, maybe Monk/Fighter, possibly full Fighter with Unarmed Strike uber-specialization. I'm thinking something like Monk 13/Fighter 4/Paladin 3 (Chuck Norris fears nothing). I think there's feats in CW&CA that would allow more perfect blending of those classes. POW!

If we're going with something scripted, Gandalf the White. Inarguably Wizard/Archmage level 20+. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2008-11-04, 11:06 AM
Nope, Chuck Norris is an Unarmed Swordsage.

Ascension
2008-11-04, 11:09 AM
Nope, Chuck Norris is an Unarmed Swordsage.

Definitely an Unarmed Swordsage.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-04, 12:47 PM
Definitely an Unarmed Swordsage.

The only move he ever uses is a roundhouse kick. I'd say an epic-level Monk with really high strength fits him much better than any class that actually has a variety of options in combat.

AugustNights
2008-11-04, 02:56 PM
First of all: Thanks for so many replies.

Second: My current plan is to throw the PCs into this fight. So I will be collecting and creating stat-blocks for all of the listed Characters. This is for a 3.5 DnD campaign, so that's what I will probably be looking for.

Third: Almost finished with Optimus Prime...

Prometheus
2008-11-04, 10:44 PM
Be sure to make some of the characters small fries and some of them ones that no one can hope to challenge alone. Power should probably be roughly proportional to screen-time and to perceived power level.

Lincoln should be badass, because he deserves to, but he is hard to stat.

Tanaar
2008-11-05, 12:11 PM
What, you've never seen Walker Texas Ranger? He's more than proficient with pistol, too. Fighter for Weapon Specialization: Unarmed Strike, plus bonus feats. And Paladin for fear-immunity and Smite Evil.

lord of kobolds
2008-11-05, 12:20 PM
Chuck norris should clearly be a major deity, at least in power.

AugustNights
2008-11-05, 07:34 PM
Proposition Chuck Norris: Fighter20/Sword Sage10/Paladin 10
5 Ranks of Salient Powers,

With the following Quality:
Epic Mob Weakness-
All of Chuck Norris's Damage Resistances, Spell Resistances, Bonuses to Armor Class, Saves and Immunities are Reduced to 0 when caught flat footed by a mob containing at least 20 members. Further, Chuck Norris cannot benefit from any of his Salient Powers, Special Qualities or Supernatural Abilities if he is aware of this mob. At least three of the Members of this mob Must be capable of over coming damage reduction.
Special: Chuck Norris takes triple damage if this mob contains the following three feats in any of it's members; Lightning Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Bane Of Enemies [Cowboy].

shaddy_24
2008-11-05, 07:54 PM
I've found a list of builds that includes a few of yours, as well as a whole bunch more. They're all built for level 20 ECL.

Here it is! (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=424838) It's got Bowser, Mario, the Power Rangers, Optimus Prime, a whole lot more... It's awesome.

AugustNights
2008-11-06, 12:40 AM
That's Great shaddy_24! This will really help.

And I present you with my Optimus Prime Rough Draft. [P.E.A.C.H.]
This uses Blitzmidfielder (http://dndonlinegames.com/member.php?u=21531)'s Transformer Class (http://dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php?t=58906&highlight=Transformer).

Optimus Prime [Adamantine Golem (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/golem.htm#adamantineGolem)/Transformer (http://dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php?t=58906&highlight=Transformer)]

Size/Type: Huge Construct
Hit Dice: 54d1040 (337 hp)
Initiative: -1 (Dex)
Speed: 20 ft. (can’t run)
Armor Class: 37 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +30 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +45/+73
Attack*: Slam +58 melee (8d10+21) 19-20/x2 or Laser Rifle +46 Touch Attack (10d6)
Full Attack*: 2 slams +58 melee (8d10+21) 19-20/x2
or Laser Rifle +46/+41/+36/+31 Touch Attack (10d6)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample
Special Qualities: Construct traits, magic immunity, DR 20/epic and adamantine, system, prime,
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +19, Will +29
Skills: Climb 82, Diplomacy 73, Disguise 69, Hide 54, Intimidate 69, Jump 84, Knowledge (History) 70, Knowledge (Engineering) 70, Listen 15,
Sense Motive 62, Spot 67, Tumble 9, Search (Engineering) +12
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Leap Attack
Weapon Focus (Slam), Improved Critical (Slam), Weapon Specialization (Slam), Weapon Focus (Laser Rifle), Weapon Focus (Engergon Axe), Improved Grapple, Great Dexterity, Leadership, Improved Natural Attack (Slam), Polyglot,
Overwhelming Critical (Slam), Devastating Critical (Slam), Additional Magic Item Space (Amulet, Component for 'Prime'
Abilities: Str 51, Dex 10, Con Ø, Int 26, Wis 30, Cha 25
Environment: Tokio (Ultimate Showdown)
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 37(?)
Treasure: Creation Matrix, Laser Rifle,
Alignment: Lawful Good (Arguable, however Prime has his own rules that he follows.)

*All Melee Attacks except Energon Axe Adjusted for Power Attack -1/+1

As an adamantine golem Optimus Prime does not have any distinguishable odor.
Optimus Prime’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Trample (Ex)
As a standard action during its turn each round, the adamantine golem can literally run over an opponent at least one size category smaller than itself. The trample deals 8d10+30 points of bludgeoning damage. Trampled opponents can either attempt attacks of opportunity at a -4 penalty or Reflex saves (DC 57) for half damage. The DC is Strength-based.

Magic Immunity (Ex)
An adamantine golem is immune to all magical and supernatural effects.

System (Ex)
Optimus Prime has effectively been awakened as per Awaken Construct Spell.
His mental abilities are increased by 15.
He is capable of Speech, and higher forms of thinking.
Optimus Prime meets the 'WarForged' Prerequisite for Transformer class.

Prime (Su)
Optimus Prime is a carrier of the Creation Matrix, and all constructs around him are aware of this. All constructs within a 10 mile radius gain a +2 to attack, skill checks, and saving throws. Transformers gain an additional +2 bonus while in Vehicle form.

Great Defender (Ex)
Optimus prime may use an immediate action to take the damage dealt to any of his allies within 15ft. once a round. The Enemy is treated as if attacking Optimus Prime flatfooted, and gains all the bonuses to attack as such. On Optimus Prime's next turn (after he uses this ability) he must take a full defence action.

Roller (Su)
Roller is a seemingly autonomous buggy that Optimus Prime can see through.
Optimus prime feels all things that Roller Feels.

Hydro-Foils (Ex)
Optimus Prime may hover over water, this effectively allows Prime to walk on water, as long as he is in Vehicle mode, and moving.

Short-Range Optic Blast (Su)
Optimus Prime may spend a full round action releasing two optic blasts that deal (6d8 Force Damage each) with a Reflex Save DC 57 for Half damage to any 15 radius within 30ft of the Optimus Prime.

Energon Axe (Su)
Once a year Optimus Prime may activate his Energon Axe. This is an effective 1 handed weapon. The Energon Axe is makes touch attacks, and deals 5d8 damage + Strength. It also deals half this damage to the targets armor. Optimus Prime may use this weapon for 10 rounds after activating this power.

Transformer Class Abilities:

Vehicle Form (Su)
Optimus Prime may Transform into Freight-liner at will.
While in Vehicle Form, Optimus Prime gains +5 Natural Armor and DR 5/Magic and Bludgeoning. Optimus Prime can transport two larges or 6 medium creatures and has no bonus land speed.
Optimus Prime can not make attack of opportunity in Vehicle Mode.
Optimus Prime can only make charge attacks in Vehicle Mode, with his natural slam attack. Applicable changes to damage effect the Vehicle mode slam attack, like Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Improved Natural Attack, etc.
Despite the Optimus Prime's penalties to attacks, the he always threatens spaces.
In Vehicle mode, Optimus Prime always flatfooted unless moving, in which he gains the maximum Dexterity bonus to AC.
Optimus Prime has a +20 bonus to Disguise checks to look like inanimate objects in Vehicle Form.
Optimus Prime can not Jump in Vehicle Form unless he can launch himself from the ground in some way.(I.E. a Ramp?)
Optimus Prime can not Appraise, Craft, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Forgery, Heal, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Sleight of Hand, Swim, Tumble or Use Rope while in Vehicle Form.
Optimus Prime can be carried or towed in Vehicle form, but can not Ride.
Optimus Prime does not suffer encumbrance in Vehicle Form.
Vehicle Form only has a reach of melee 5 ft.

Endurance (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains the effect of the Endurance feat in all forms.

Improved Overrun (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains the effect of Improved Overrun feat in Vehicle Form.

Headlights (Su)
Optimus Prime may project a cone of Bright light 60 feet long in front of it.

Like a Rock (Ex)
Optimus Prime has a +4 on ability checks to resist being Bull Rushed or tripped when on the ground in Vehicle Form.

Expert Bull Rush (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains a +5 unnamed bonus to Strength checks when making a Bull Rush attempt or defending against a Bull Rush in Vehicle mode, as well as Strength checks to break down doors.

Powerful Charge (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains Powerful Charge as a bonus feat (Eberron Campaign Setting, page 57) when in Vehicle Form. He need not meet the prerequisite.

Off-Road (Ex)
Optimus Prime negates movement penalties in difficult terrain While in Vehicle form.

Mobility (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains Mobility (PHB, page 98) as a bonus feat in Vehicle form. He need not meet the prerequisite.

Trample (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains Trample as a bonus feat (PHB, page 101) while in Vehicle Form. He need not meet the prerequisite.

Extended Charge (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains +5 to its land speed when making a Charge.

Improved Resiliency (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains immunity to Nonlethal Damage and loses the ability to be fast healed or regenerated in Vehicle Form.

Improved Fortification (Ex)
Optimus Prime gains Improved Fortification (Eberron Campaign Setting, page 55) as a bonus feat in Vehicle Form. He need not meet the prerequisite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Roller [Iron Golem Vehicle]

Size/Type: Large Construct
Hit Dice: 18d10+30 (129 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 35 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +27 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 35
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+28
Attack: Slam +23 melee (2d10+11)
Full Attack: 2 slams +23 melee (2d10+11)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon
Special Qualities: Construct traits, damage reduction 15/adamantine, damage reduction 5/magic and bludgeoning, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to magic, low-light vision, vehicle
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 33, Dex 9, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: Spot 21, Search 21, Listen 21.
Environment: As Optimus Prime
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 13
Treasure: None
Alignment: As Optimus Prime

Roller has a Buggy Like body made from iron-like metals. Roller is 12 feet long and weighs about 5,000 pounds. Roller cannot speak or make any vocal noise, nor does it have any distinguishable odor. However it is capable of communicating with Optimus Prime as if by telepathy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#telepathy)as long as they are within the same plane.

Breath Weapon (Su)
10-foot cube, cloud of Sand, Dirt or Mud lasting 1 round, free action once every 1d4+1 rounds; This causes all creatures in the area to be blinded for one round, Reflex DC 19 negates. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Immunity to Magic (Ex)
Roller is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against Roller, as noted below.

A magical attack that deals electricity damage slows Roller (as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw.

A magical attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect on Roller and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause Roller to exceed its full normal hit points, he gains any excess as temporary hit points.

Roller is affected normally by rust attacks, such as that of a rust monster or a rusting grasp spell.

Vehicle (Ex)
Roller May not Leave his Vehicle form of a Large Buggy, as thus Roller Gains the Following:
Roller can transport one large creature or up to 3 medium creatures and has a bonus land speed of +10.
Roller can not make attacks of opportunity.
Roller can only make charge attacks with his natural slam attack.[I] Applicable changes to damage effect the Vehicle mode slam attack, like Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Improved Natural Attack, etc.[I]
Despite the Roller's penalties to attacks, the he always threatens spaces.
Roller is always flatfooted unless moving, in which he gains the maximum Dexterity bonus to AC.
Roller has a +20 bonus to Disguise checks to look like inanimate object.
Roller can not Jump unless he can launch himself from the ground in some way.(I.E. a Ramp?)
Roller can not use Appraise, Craft, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Forgery, Heal, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Sleight of Hand, Swim, Tumble or Use Rope.
Roller can be carried or towed, but can not Ride.
Roller does not suffer encumbrance, unless he is carrying over his maximum load, which is now 2x as much.
Roller only has a reach of melee 5 ft.
Roller's Breath Weapon is reduce to Kicking up Dirt, Sand or Mud.

Boy, this is really going to take some time...

AugustNights
2008-11-06, 08:20 PM
Does anyone remember that subtype that was introduced earlier? It was meant to be for creatures such as Godzilla, which would be handy considering he is the next monster block that I will be tackling.

Asheram
2008-11-08, 04:09 PM
Seems interesting. I seem to remember spock was in there too, in between The Rock and Hulk Hogan, but I could be wrong.

"Spock, The Rock, Doc Oc and Hulk Hogan."

TheGrimace
2008-11-08, 07:45 PM
If we're going with something scripted, Gandalf the White. Inarguably Wizard/Archmage level 20+. :smalltongue:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5256525#post5256525

I can argue with that, but I don't want to mess up this thread.
btw, this is not intended to be heated. note that I posted mine on silly message boards, I think that sends the appropriate message.