PDA

View Full Version : 9 Martial Discipline Epic [Feats]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-11-02, 05:46 AM
-The 9 Epic Martial Feats-
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/RacesNClasses_Gallery/108652.jpg
Tessla Zenith and Kalanna Razorbite, masters of Devoted Spirit and Desert Wind disciplines, respectively.

Adamantine General [Epic]
You have the power of a full battalion in your own simple strength of arm, you are a true master of the Iron Heart discipline.
Prerequisites: Balance 24 ranks, Str 25, Improved Sunder, Ironheart Aura, Power Attack, Stormguard Warrior, ability to use the strike of perfect clarity and adamantine hurricane maneuvers.
Benefit: You gain a bonus to attack rolls equal to your Int modifier while in an Iron Heart stance or using an Iron Heart strike(the bonuses to not stack if using an Iron Heart strike while in an Iron Heart stance). Whenever you use the adamantine hurricane maneuver the reach of your attacks increase by 5 feet.
Whenever you use the Power Attack feat, the extra damage dealt by your attack is equal to 2 for every 1 you take from your attack roll, or 3 damage for every -1 to attack if wielding a two-handed weapon. If using an Iron Heart maneuver to sunder an opponent's weapon and the sunder is successful, you can effect them with the same maneuver. If the maneuver only effects your sunder attempt, you may instead use any other Iron Heart strike you have readied without expending it. Lastly, you gain a +4 bonus on attack rolls to sunder a weapon, or attempts to avoid having your weapon sundered.

Deadly Shadow Assassin [Epic]
As a true master of the Shadow Hand discipline, you are barely there, but your deadly strikes are always felt.
Prerequisites: Hide 24 ranks, Move Silently 24 ranks, Dex 25, Gloom Razor, Shadow Blade, Weapon Finesse, ability to use the five-shadow creeping ice enervation strike and enervating shadow strike maneuvers.
Benefit: You can create streaking masses of shadow around your form, providing you with a 50% miss chance against all attacks (as displacement). Activating this ability requires a standard action.
When using strikes of the Shadow Hand discipline and a Shadow Hand associated weapon, the attacks made with them are made as touch attacks. When using the five-shadow creeping ice enervation strike, instead of rolling randomly for one secondary effect, you may choose two effects to affect the target.
You are immune to all spells with the shadow subtype and to effects that involve the use of shadows (such as the breath weapon of a shadow dragon). This is an extraordinary ability.

Devoted Knight of the God-King [Epic]
You are the divine beacon and martial hero of your deity, to the point where you and your god often converse directly.
Prerequisites: Intimidate 24 ranks, Cha 21, Devoted Bulwark, Faith Unswerving, True Believer, ability to use the strike of righteous vitality maneuver, and immortal fortitude stance.
Benefit: You add your Cha modifier as a divine bonus to attack rolls and AC. Three times a day, by taking a standard action to pray to your deity, you can use miracle or true resurrection as a spell-like ability. You gain the alignment subtypes of the alignment of your deity, even if you do not share their alignment exactly. For example, Thurkin the Slaughterer is a CN crusader of Erythnul, but he still gains the Chaotic and Evil subtypes.
Lastly, once per encounter, if you attack a foe that has at least one alignment component opposing one of your own, with a Devoted Spirit strike or boost, they must make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to 20+your Cha modifier or become paralyzed for 1d4 rounds.

Incarnation of the Blazing Inferno [Epic]
Your mastery of the Desert Wind discipline grants you ultimate power over the element of fire itself.
Prerequisites: Tumble 24 ranks, Dex 25, Desert Fire, Desert Wind Dodge, Scorching Sirocco, ability to use the inferno blast and wyrm's flame maneuvers.
Benefit: You gain immunity to fire damage. Whenever using a Desert Wind associated weapon or in a Desert Wind stance, all melee attacks you do in a round deal an additional 3d6 points of fire damage(6d6 on a critical hit), which stacks with any maneuvers that also deal fire damage. Once per round, by making a successful Tumble check to move through an opponent's threatened space, you may do so as a swift action instead of a move action.
You possess the ability to transform yourself into a creature of pure fire. You can transform yourself into an elder fire elemental, just as the wild-shape class feature, but you are only capable of turning into fire elementals. You may switch between this form and your own as a swift action at will. This is a supernatural ability.
Once per round, you are capable of creating a tremendous halo of flames to emanate from your body in a burst. As a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity you can use this ability. When used, all creatures within 30 feet of you take 15d6 points of damage, half of which is fire and half is pure untyped surging energy. By making a Reflex save (DC 10+half initiator level+Wis modifier), victims only take half damage. This is a supernatural ability.

Ivory Raven Warmaster [Epic]
You are a great inspirational leader and true master of the White Raven discipline.
Prerequisites: Diplomacy 24 ranks, Cha 21, Clarion Commander, Leadership, White Raven Defense, ability to use the war master's charge maneuver and swarm tactics stance.
Benefit: Each of the followers granted to you by the Leadership feat are not required to have NPC classes, and are capable of being characters with levels in normal PC classes such as wizard and rogue. Your effective leadership score improves by 4. Whenever you use a White Raven strike, boost or counter, all allies within 30 feet of you gain a bonus to attack rolls and AC equal to your Cha modifier until the beginning of your next turn.
You gain the service of a loyal creature which embodies the original symbol of the White Raven discipline, a massive ivory raven. Treat this creature as a 20 HD advanced giant eagle, but is capable of speaking all languages you are. If using your ivory raven as a mount, you may you your Diplomacy modifier for all Ride checks. If this creature dies, you may affect it with a true resurrection once per day after 8 hours of meditation.
Lastly, you are capable of telepathically communicating with all allies within 100 feet of you. This is a supernatural ability.

Throw of the Gentle Sun [Epic]
You are a calm, centered master of the Setting Sun discipline, using the full strength of your foes against them.
Prerequisites: Sense Motive 24 ranks, Wis 25, Distant Horizon, Falling Sun Attack, Improved Unarmed Strike, ability to use the tornado throw and fool's strike maneuvers.
Benefit: You gain flurry of blows class feature as a monk with a level equal to your initiator level, and can only be made with Setting Sun associated weapons. Your unarmed strike deals damage as a monk's of a level equal to your initiator level.
Once per round, when a foe makes a melee attack against you, you may make an attack roll against them. If your attack fails, they attack as normal. If your attack overcomes their AC, you can grab them and hurl them to the ground, negating the attack. You make opposing Str checks, and if you succeed they are thrown to the ground and are considered prone and take 10d6 points of damage. If you fail your Str check you may instead make a single attack against them at you full attack bonus.
You radiate bright illumination out to 20 feet, and shadowy illumination out an additional 30 feet beyond that. Activating and deactivating this ability is a free action. This is a supernatural ability.

Unbreakable Stone Maw [Epic]
You are the paragon of the Stone Dragon discipline, an unbreakable wall of a stone dragon's jaw.
Prerequisites: Balance 24 ranks, Con 25, Shards of Granite, Shield Specialization, Shield Ward, Stone Power, ability to use the mountain tombstone strike maneuver, and the strength of stone stance.
Benefit: You add any AC added by your armor as a bonus to your touch AC, and on checks or rolls to resist bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attempts against you, just as the Shield Ward feat allows you to do with shields. You may add the better of your Str or Con modifiers to all Str and Con related checks. Once per round as a free action, you may take a penalty to your attack rolls equal to your character level and add that as a bonus to your AC until the end of the round. Lastly, you gain DR 10/adamantine, which stacks with any maneuvers that grant DR/adamantine.

Utter Diamond Clarity [Epic]
Your mastery of the Diamond Mind discipline makes the whole world around you seem much slower. You use this mastery to deal precise and deadly blows.
Prerequisites: Concentration 24 ranks, Int 21 or Wis 21, Perfect Clarity of Body and Mind, Unnerving Calm, ability to use the time stands still and diamond nightmare blade maneuvers.
Benefit: You move with constant swiftness and alacrity, and have the effects of the haste spell on you at all times. This is a supernatural ability. You may add your Int or Wis modifier(whichever is higher) as a bonus to melee damage rolls. As a swift action, you can make a Concentration check with a DC equal to 10+your initiator level to regain all expended maneuvers. You gain a +5 bonus to all attack rolls during any full attack action, including the use of the time stands still maneuver. Lastly, you may make a Concentration check in place of any skill or ability check based on a physical ability score.

Vicious Tiger King [Epic]
You have the powers of the greatest martial warriors of the Tiger Claw discipline, one of which grants you some of the abilities of a true tiger.
Prerequisites: Jump 24 ranks, Dex 21, Str 21, Power Attack, Reaping Talons, Two-Weapon Fighting, ability to use the feral death blow and raging mongoose maneuvers.
Benefit: You add your full Str modifier to off-hand attacks and suffer no penalties for wielding two weapons when using weapons of the Tiger Claw discipline. The damage die for all Tiger Claw discipline weapons you wield increases one die size, and you are capable of using the Power Attack feat for all Tiger Claw associated weapons, even if they are light weapons.
You possess the ability to transform yourself into a creature not unlike a tiger. You can transform yourself into the hybrid form of a tiger, much like that of a lycanthrope(without the additional animal HD). You may switch between this form and your own as a swift action at will. This transformation does not include the curse of lycanthropy. This is a supernatural ability.

teamfireyleader
2008-11-02, 06:59 AM
All these feats are overpowered but i think that if you changed the main skill requirement to 33 ranks it would be better.

Morty
2008-11-02, 07:07 AM
All these feats are overpowered but i think that if you changed the main skill requirement to 33 ranks it would be better.

Those are epic feats. I don't know squat about ToB, but compared to what casters are capable of at epic levels, those aren't overpowered at all and they seem rather good.

Zeta Kai
2008-11-02, 10:29 AM
I agree, these are really nice, & non-casters need some more epic love. Great job, Krimm.

Level20Commoner
2008-11-02, 10:58 AM
"Once per round, when a foe makes a melee attack against you, you may make an opposed attack roll. [...] If your attack is above theirs, you can grab them and hurl them to the ground, negating the attack."

Would a nat 20 count as 'above theirs'? If not, then you probably wouldn't get the opportunity to use this ability very often. My question notwithstanding, a very kewl idea; not all of the base classes have epic level progressions (though its not hard to figure out why, :smallamused:)

Zeta Kai
2008-11-02, 11:27 AM
My question notwithstanding, a very kewl idea; not all of the base classes have epic level progressions (though its not hard to figure out why, :smallamused:)

Well, with epic spellcasting, borked though it may be, every full caster has all the epic options they need. Like I said, the non-casters need some epic love, & this is a big step in the right direction.

Level20Commoner
2008-11-02, 11:42 AM
Well, with epic spellcasting, borked though it may be, every full caster has all the epic options they need. Like I said, the non-casters need some epic love, & this is a big step in the right direction.

I think KB was brave to attempt such a supplement, but I do not agree with the thrust of his attempt. I would have tried to fashion something similar to the system you mentioned, but for maneuvers (I don't blame KB for not going that route though; it would have been a lot of work).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-11-02, 04:14 PM
I was making an attempt at making feats roughly on the same tier of power as the epic warlock feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a) WotC came up with a little while ago. I felt it was a boost in power epic characters need, instead of things like Epic Weapon Focus, which compared to my ideal epic, is an unideal name.

Edit: Also, I altered the Setting Sun feat a bit to make it more reasonable for fighting epic monsters.

Stycotl
2008-11-04, 10:57 PM
i'm actually designing an epic spellcasting system for martial initiators, but it is taking a long time on account of how much stuff i have to redesign, and how little i can actually devote myself to it every week.

so, i may eventually get it done and post it on the forum.

but anyway, this stuff is pretty cool, and hardly anyone does initiators as well as krimm.

aaron out.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-11-05, 06:46 AM
i'm actually designing an epic spellcasting system for martial initiators, but it is taking a long time on account of how much stuff i have to redesign, and how little i can actually devote myself to it every week.

so, i may eventually get it done and post it on the forum.

but anyway, this stuff is pretty cool, and hardly anyone does initiators as well as krimm.

aaron out.

Such kind words. Kind... very truthful words.:smallbiggrin:

Also, you might want to check this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95516) out. That is, if you missed it.

zugschef
2008-11-13, 05:50 AM
first off, again nice work!

i've already posted this in your thread about epic progression for martial classes; i hope you don't mind if i post it here, too.

posted my ideas for epic blade magic in stycotl's thread. check it out if you like: epic blade magic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5284463&postcount=41). would be nice to get some feedback. =)

LunarWolfPrime
2008-11-22, 07:36 PM
TOB Rules :smallsmile:

Agrippa
2008-11-24, 09:19 PM
I think you're doing a good job Krimm but I'm waiting to see if Jaerom Darkwind finishes his epic initiator feats (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=948233). From what he's posted so far they seem pretty good to me.

Risek
2008-11-28, 02:50 AM
Sweeet.
These remind me of the epic warlock feat WotC released, although I kinda feel that they aren't all equal in power (not that that matters really...).

I think Adamantine General should add the character's Int modifier to attack, not merely a +4, but otherwise it looks good.

I kinda think that Incarnation of the Blazing Inferno is much weaker than the others, but I like the fire immunity and the movement. Sure the extra damage is nice, but fire resistance and immunity are like the most common of the lot. The wildshape could be scary, especially if the swordsage has Dancing or Raging Mongoose.

Utter Diamond Clarity my epic PC is definitely taking in a few levels.

Keep up the good work!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-11-28, 03:12 AM
Sweeet.
These remind me of the epic warlock feat WotC released, although I kinda feel that they aren't all equal in power (not that that matters really...).

Yeah, I loved those so much I decided to use them as a template for these, in a way.

I think Adamantine General should add the character's Int modifier to attack, not merely a +4, but otherwise it looks good.

Hmm. Not a bad idea, I think I might just change that.

I kinda think that Incarnation of the Blazing Inferno is much weaker than the others, but I like the fire immunity and the movement. Sure the extra damage is nice, but fire resistance and immunity are like the most common of the lot. The wildshape could be scary, especially if the swordsage has Dancing or Raging Mongoose.

Yeah, I've always kind of thought that too, but I've never had anyone complain about it. I'll spend a little time tonight coming up with something to tack on.

Utter Diamond Clarity my epic PC is definitely taking in a few levels.

Keep up the good work!

:biggrin:Thanks, I love it when people use my homebrew.

Kallisti
2009-07-27, 04:58 PM
:biggrin:Thanks, I love it when people use my homebrew.

You got it! Utter Diamond Clarity is epic win, so consider it used...

Frosty
2009-08-13, 07:42 PM
Devoted Knight of the God-King looks...very very nifty. The requirements are many, but 3/day miracle or true res for free? Hell yes.