PDA

View Full Version : Bards and rogues

Iuliano05
2008-11-02, 09:25 AM
I was just wonder what are some really good Prc's for Bards and Rogues. only stipulation is both characters are Lawfull Good. and no way of changing it. I was looking at the good assassin from exalted deeds for fun but it doesnt seem all that great.

BobVosh
2008-11-02, 09:34 AM
Just like to point out bards can't be lawful. That said...

Rogues:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=529135

Bards:
http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-140225

If you can tell us more about em that would help. Caster bard, disarm bard, TWF rogue, UMD rogue?

Oh and if Exalted Cheese is open look at "Words of Creation"

hamishspence
2008-11-02, 09:49 AM
Unless they take Devoted Performer feat. Evn if you never enter paladin, having a Lawful bard might be fun.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-02, 10:26 AM
I'd get rid of that alignment restriction to be honest (it never really made that much sense to me).

hamishspence
2008-11-02, 10:29 AM
I think it was associated with the Rootless Wanderer" concept- a person who never settles, goes from place to place, living by musical talent.

While it doesn't have to be Chaotic, it doesn't really scream Lawful either.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-02, 10:43 AM
I tend to see alignment restrictions as irrelevant for classes which don't have a Divine connection to be honest (eg: I never got why Barbarians had to be non-lawful).

hamishspence
2008-11-02, 10:46 AM
" Give IN to your Anger!" very chaotic in style- berserk rage. though thats more frenzied berserkers which have to be Chaotic- Barbarians- merely non-lawful.

In Icewind Dale trilogy the "the weak deserve only to be robbed" attitude of them also seemed both Chaotic and Evil in book 1.

monty
2008-11-02, 10:52 AM
And how about a barbarian who spends time every day meditating, focusing on his emotions to channel his anger into physical power? That could certainly be Lawful.

hamishspence
2008-11-02, 10:54 AM
That is what we call a Monk :smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2008-11-02, 11:04 AM
If you go caster bard, head into Sublime Chord. No alignment restrictions there. Typical build would be Bard9/Virtuoso1/SC2/Virtuoso8, although variations on that occur with Lyric Thamaturge in place of some of those Bard levels. Its really really skill point intensive to squeek in though.

If you go melee bard, nab either Devoted Performer or Song of the White Raven and multiclass into Paladin (DP) or Crusader/Warblade (SotWR) respectively after about level 4. This'll keep your best Bard song (ICourage) at max levels while keeping your BAB high and giving you suplimental abilities that are more melee-centric. Doesn't need a PrC, as its a mechnically strong blending of 2 base classes.

For Rogue, again, the strongest option mechanically is to take the Daring Outlaw feat and multiclass into Swashbuckler, possibly with a 1-2 level dip into Swordsage depending on taste. This is better than you'd get from just about any PrC. Definitely consider TWF with a pair of small blades, like short swords or daggers.

monty
2008-11-02, 12:34 PM
That is what we call a Monk :smallbiggrin:

The difference being that a Lawful barbarian would actually have the capacity to be a competent fighter.:smalltongue:

hamishspence
2008-11-02, 01:01 PM
both have fast movement, don't like heavy armour. Mmm, parallels!

Though non-lawfulness is kind of a pity- a Chaotic monk variant exists- maybe a Lawful barb should.