PDA

View Full Version : [Creature +2 Spells; 3.5] Wait...thats no rat! (PEACH)

Luean
2008-11-02, 09:37 AM
Actually, im a little bit afraid of posting my creation :smalleek:
This is my first attempt at homebrewing and im no native speaker, so feel free to correct my mistakes.
Constructive critique is alway welcome.

This creature was a running gag in one of my campaigns a few years ago.
My players where playing detectives and tried to find a killer. They were known to have regular contact with the captain of the townsguard, so they used their forgery skill to create an "official" letter that would let them search the houses of suspected people. They told them, that they are looking for "Droosies", small creatures which are nearly undetectable with normal means and are able to make people sick.

So here it is:

"Now those fools won't laugh anymore, after i set my creatures free in their town! With my little creature here...wait...where are they..." - Sheri'San, strange wizard who created the Droosy

Droosy
Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 2d10 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 15 ft.
Armor Class: 16, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 size, +3 dex, +1 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-10
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d3 -4 + poison)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d3 -4 + poison)
Space/Reach: 2˝ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Fluffy Fur, Greater Invisibility, Feather Step, Odorless
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: Str 2, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Balance + 8, Listen + 6, Spot +6
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Enviroment: Towns
Organization: Solitary, Pairs or Families (3-5)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: —
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

You catch a glimpse of small, fluffy creature, just before it vanishes in front of your eyes.

Droosies look like small balls of fur, with bunny like ears. They usually walk on all four legs, but are able to stand on their backpaws and use the front pair as hands. Droosies are very social and often live in families of 3 or more. They live in houses and on the streets in towns and steal food whenever they can. Droosies communicate by using humming sounds, but they often understand the language of the town they live in. People who have Droosies in their house are often sick, because of Droosypoison in their food.

Combat
Droosies usually don’t fight. They use their natural abilites to hide and run away, when they sense danger. If they are forced to fight, they will use their abilies to sneak around the attacker and use their poison and flee when the attacker is unable to fight.

Fluffy Fur
Droosy fur acts like a natural protection against bludgeoning damage, giving the Droosy DR 1/piercing & slashing.
In addition, Droosys take less damage from falling. They take damage as if the fall were 10 feet shorter than it actually is.

Greater Invisibility (Su)
A Droosy remains invisible even when it attacks. This ability is constant, but the Droosy can suppress or resume it as a free action.

Feather Step (Su)
A Droosy leaves no trail, cannot be tracked and makes no noise while moving.
This abilty makes it also impossible to find a Droosy with tremorsense.

Odorless
The skin of a Droosy secretes a substance that makes it completely odorless, making it impossible to find a Doosy with scent.

Droosy Poison
On a succesfull bite attack, Droosys inject a poison (Fort DC 11), that lets their “victims” experience stomach distress, making them nauseated for 1 round.
If a Droosy injects its poison into food, the food stay poisonous for 1d4-1 (minimum 1) days, before it dissolves.
If eaten during these days, the poison effects the body in a different way. Whoever eats the food, becomes sickened for the next 1d4 days (Fort DC 11)

And here are two spells for Droosy hunting

Reveal Droosy
Divination
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creatures touched
Duration: Concentration
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell enables the touched creature to see, hear and smell Droosies as if they didn’t have their natural protection abilities.

Mass Reveal Droosy
Divination
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Self
Area: 20-ft.-radius spread centered on you
Duration: Concentration
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell allows everyone, who is in the area of effect, to see, hear and smell Droosies as the Reavel Droosy spell does.

Edit: Added rules for poisoning food

Zeta Kai
2008-11-02, 10:52 AM
Fluffy Fur
Droosy fur acts like a natural protection against bludgeoning damage, giving the Droosy DR 1/piercing & slashing.

Now, I haven't read the DR rules in a while, but I believe this would grant DR1 versus magic attacks, as well. Is this intentional?

BTW, cute critter.

Luean
2008-11-02, 11:02 AM
The SRD (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/abilitiesAndConditions.html#damage-reduction)says:
Spells, spell-like abilities, and energy attacks (even nonmagical fire) ignore damage reduction.

So i thought, it would be ok this way.

Oh, and thanks ^^

DracoDei
2008-11-02, 12:12 PM
Needs rules for poisoning the food. The bite poison is nice, but it is so short-term, not to mention being ingested rather than injected, that it needs separate rules for its effects when applied to food.

Luean
2008-11-02, 01:25 PM
Added rules for poisoning food. The DC should be the same, if im not mistaken.

Is it better this way?