PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Newest PC in my game is a NN Half-Orc Barbarian with Int 10, Wis 8, and a Cha 1

celestialkin
2008-11-02, 04:29 PM
Amazingly, my players managed to throw another monkey wrench into my game. However, this time they threw the whole monkey in as well.

The PC who functioned as party leader, and kept things mostly sane and on course recently died. Afterward we took a break to make his new PC, and he decided to roll his new character completely randomly using the Chessex race/class/alignment/etc dice set. He ended up as a NN Half-Orc Barbarian with Str: 20, Dex: 10, Con: 14, Int: 10, Wis: 8, and a Cha: 1... :smalleek:

So, I introduced him as a cousin of one of the other PC's half-orc follower who was recently locked at the local jail for xxxx(I let the PC decide that part). The first thing he did was fling poo at the jail guard and the PCs...

When the remaining PCs asked what he was locked up for, he said "I was just scratching myself down there, and they threw me in here!". Yeah..

I then looked up what the average creature with a Cha of 1 was in the PHB (in the ability scores section near the front), and it turns out the PC has the same Cha score as your average Zombie or Construct.

Can the experienced DMs and players here please tell me what you feel a Cha of 1 would represent for a character (both PCs and NPCs)? I figure that the slightly higher Int and Wis scores means he is in some ways better than a zombie, but I have no clue how or why.

Also, does anyone else have experiences with PCs with such a low Cha score, or possibly any score that low? Either as players themselves, with party members, or as a DM? I'd love to hear about them, and possibly learn from you experiences.

wadledo
2008-11-02, 04:35 PM
One of the first rules of PC creation is that stats Can not go lower than a 3.
A one means he's a catatonic bag of meat, until somebody casts eagles splendor on him.

celestialkin
2008-11-02, 04:41 PM
A one means he's a catatonic bag of meat, until somebody casts eagles splendor on him.

Well, he rolled a 3 (four 1s on 4d6 subtracting subtracting the lowest). It became a 1 after the Half-Orc racial changes.

wadledo
2008-11-02, 04:44 PM
Well, he rolled a 3 (four 1s on 4d6 subtracting subtracting the lowest). It became a 1 after the Half-Orc racial changes.

A half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3. This also applies to Cha.

golentan
2008-11-02, 04:44 PM

I always heard that was just for Int, where a one or two was non-sentient/animal level intelligence.

I would use the guideline that a 2-1 is the equivalence of an moderate to low functioning autistic. I found that in a D20 modern variant somewhere: it gave illnesses for low stats of the appropriate category.

lord_khaine
2008-11-02, 04:45 PM
thats int you are thinking about, thats not allowed to go below 3, since thats where the limit for animal intelligence is.

edit. dam ninjas..

RTGoodman
2008-11-02, 04:48 PM

I've only ever seen that for Intelligence (in the half-orc racial write-up).

Charisma, by the RAW, "measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness." With that low of a score, the character can barely ever have ANY effect on people, positive or negative. He's basically a fly on the wall whom no one ever acknowledges or listens to or follows. Also, attractiveness is only a part of Charisma, but with that low of a score he's probably pretty ugly.

Also, look at the skills Cha governs - Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Perform, and Use Magic Device - he's TERRIBLE at all of those unless he's put a LOT of time into working on them.

wadledo
2008-11-02, 04:53 PM
Ah, true, I apologize.
Here is the rules for Ability Score Loss. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#abilityScoreLoss)
0 is catatonic, so he'd be more of a fly on the wall who is overpowered by the personality of a slug.

Khosan
2008-11-02, 05:06 PM
He's so ugly that people find looking at this (http://www.iwozhere.com/SRD/images/50103.jpg) more preferable, and his voice is probably as displeasing to hear as this woman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_Perez).

UglyPanda
2008-11-02, 05:22 PM
If I were the DM, I'd just offer him a reroll for his CHA. It's not unreasonable to offer rerolls for ability scores 6 or lower. Nearly every monster with a CHA of 1 can't speak, and a -5 modifier pretty much means that a character can't communicate intelligently to others. Even crocodiles have a CHA of 2 and they're incredibly unfriendly animals.

Irreverent Fool
2008-11-02, 05:25 PM
I don't know where I read this, but someone had written a well-thought out breakdown of what low stats represent... thinking about it, it's probably in an official book (or the RAW somewhere). It said that a charisma of 1 indicates that the creature is just barely able to differentiate between itself and its environment, or that the creature simply sees itself as the center of the universe and is incapable of thinking otherwise. Zombies and golems don't really do anything if left on their own. Undead have a built-in condition that they attempt to destroy living things, but aside from that, they just kind of mill about. Golems won't do anything unless they've got an order to do it.

If a creature has an intelligence score and a charisma of 1, I'd say they're probably a sociopath. They are concerned only with themselves and have no empathy for others whatsoever. I disagree with the idea that they'd automatically be ugly and be flinging poo at people. If that's how the character wants to play it though, I'm not going to say he's wrong.

If such a character happened to be highly intelligent, or even slightly intelligent, he might attempt to blend into the society and do quite well at it. He might be meticulous about his appearance because he knows it affords him an advantage. The thing to remember is that he simply doesn't care. The only thing he cares about is his continued existence and the fulfillment of his base desires. If he gets caught and thrown in jail, what does he care? He's got a place to sleep and the occasional meal. He's going to try to avoid being caught, since he likes his freedom, but if he thinks he can get away with doing something he wants to do, he's probably going to do it.

And there's no reasoning with him. Ever. That's my take on it anyway.

If I were the DM, I'd just offer him a reroll for his CHA. It's not unreasonable to offer rerolls for ability scores 6 or lower. Nearly every monster with a CHA of 1 can't speak, and a -5 modifier pretty much means that a character can't communicate intelligently to others. Even crocodiles have a CHA of 2 and they're incredibly unfriendly animals.

Tin golems have a charisma of 1 and can speak! (Yes, I know you said nearly. I'm just on a Tin Golem kick right now.)

I think the thing is that most monsters with a charisma of 1 also have a negligible intelligence. Crocodiles (and most animals) do have some few societal rules among them. One of them being 'we don't eat each other'. Granted these rules aren't set in stone. Captain Charisma here doesn't give a poo and would probably chow down on a still-living party member the instant lunchtime came around and they were out of meat if he was confident that the others couldn't kill him.

obnoxious
sig

Lemur
2008-11-02, 05:30 PM
The character is probably a bit of a Quasimodo, and should probably have some sort of physical deformity, or maybe just have really bad hygiene. He shouldn't be flinging poo though, his intelligence is too high for that.

This guy is more than a fly on the wall, he should evoke disgust from most people regardless of what he actually says. The difference being that people ignore a fly on the wall without thinking about it, whereas for this guy, they will make a conscious point of trying to ignore him, such as averting their gaze or interrupting him in the mid-sentence. Also in combination with a below average wisdom, this guy should probably take this crap from people without complaint (or at least no audible complaint, just muttering about his stapler being taken after the responsible party has left the room)- he'd be pretty spineless.

Flickerdart
2008-11-02, 05:34 PM
I believe that there was already a 1 CHA thread. The consensus was that the character would only see things in two ways: enemy and ally, with "ally" being creatures of its kind, and "enemy" being food. He would not be able to convince anyone of anything, or even talk unless he really has to. Nobody would like him, animals would growl at him. He's not stupid (average int), or that absentminded (slightly below average wis) but he has no personality. At all.

Irreverent Fool
2008-11-02, 05:43 PM
The character is probably a bit of a Quasimodo, and should probably have some sort of physical deformity, or maybe just have really bad hygiene. He shouldn't be flinging poo though, his intelligence is too high for that.

This guy is more than a fly on the wall, he should evoke disgust from most people regardless of what he actually says. The difference being that people ignore a fly on the wall without thinking about it, whereas for this guy, they will make a conscious point of trying to ignore him, such as averting their gaze or interrupting him in the mid-sentence. Also in combination with a below average wisdom, this guy should probably take this crap from people without complaint (or at least no audible complaint, just muttering about his stapler being taken after the responsible party has left the room)- he'd be pretty spineless.

Some of the most unpleasant-to-be-around people I've known are quite physically attractive or at the very least not ugly. By contrast, someone can be hideous and be very charismatic. I don't think he'd be spineless, but the 'taking crap without complaint' (my stapler...going to set the building on fire) bit fits, I think. If they're not going to do anything about it and it doesn't actually affect him, what should he care?

The attribute scores don't need to describe everything about the character. It's easier with the physical attributes, but the mental ones -- especially charisma -- are far too nebulous to allow them to define traits. The character may or may not care about his hygiene and he may or may not be willing to let people interrupt him in mid-sentence. Those are personality traits. Personally, I don't like smelling my own stink or feeling grease on my face.

Using charisma to define traits is akin to saying that the guy with 20 constitution and 20 strength regularly eats garbage for breakfast, breaks everything he touches, runs 20 miles a day (or 120 in D&D) and is a 6'5" chiseled Greek god with a wavy mane of blond hair. Such a character could just as easily be lazy and apparently fat, having come into his abilities naturally. Even though he's got a high constitution, he might have a delicate palate, and even with his extra HPs, he might scream like a girl at the tiniest scratch.

obnoxious
sig

kbk
2008-11-02, 06:10 PM
I think my first reaction would be to throw something that drains charisma at him. It wouldn't kill him, just put him into a catatonic stupor.

The poster who described it in terms of autism is probably the closest. Think of it as if the person has no social skills, and doesn't understand or comprehend emotion or social networking. He probably doesn't talk to people, but maybe he talks to the things that interest him. As a barbarian, what interests him might be his weaponry and armor. He could compulsively clean his gear, sharpen his sword, etc. I wouldn't say he's overpowered by other people's social influences, that's willpower (under wisdom). If anything they are largely ignored by him.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-02, 06:11 PM
Shouldn't really allow it, but since you are, it's obvious the character has a disorder that impairs social functioning.

Depending on how the player wishes to play the character, you could approximate any of...
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- General anxiety disorder
- Agoraphobia (not in the sense of being afraid of open spaces, but in the sense of being afraid to leave home)
- Demophobia
- Xenophobia
- Scopophobia

Cha 3-5 would already qualify for these. Cha 1 probably means it's more than one, or an especially severe version of one.

Make sure to work with the player to see that the character is still playable and fun, and try to ensure that the disorder isn't treated as comic relief but as the serious problem it is (if for no other reason, then to be a good person). This shouldn't be a way to screw the player over (any more than the abysmal Cha score already does).

FMArthur
2008-11-02, 06:42 PM
Cha 1 character: "I ask the guard politely to let me through"
DM: "Your rude gestures, foul language, and your accidental implication that his mother is a whore with whom the entire world has slept with have resulted in the guard calling for help in beating you to death."

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-02, 06:46 PM
DM: "Your rude gestures, foul language, and your accidental implication that his mother is a whore with whom the entire world has slept with have resulted in the guard calling for help in beating you to death."

That doesn't make sense, though. Even people with Tourette's syndrome don't involuntarily act like that.

Really, the idea that the character is somehow intrinsically offensive is not realistic at all. The character is just naturally incapable, but can actually overcome/compensate for this with time and effort (by investing skill points).

starwoof
2008-11-02, 06:54 PM
Sounds a bit like the new joker to me.

Doomsy
2008-11-02, 06:54 PM
Amazingly, my players managed to throw another monkey wrench into my game. However, this time they threw the whole monkey in as well.

The PC who functioned as party leader, and kept things mostly sane and on course recently died. Afterward we took a break to make his new PC, and he decided to roll his new character completely randomly using the Chessex race/class/alignment/etc dice set. He ended up as a NN Half-Orc Barbarian with Str: 20, Dex: 10, Con: 14, Int: 10, Wis: 8, and a Cha: 1... :smalleek:

So, I introduced him as a cousin of one of the other PC's half-orc follower who was recently locked at the local jail for xxxx(I let the PC decide that part). The first thing he did was fling poo at the jail guard and the PCs...

When the remaining PCs asked what he was locked up for, he said "I was just scratching myself down there, and they threw me in here!". Yeah..

I then looked up what the average creature with a Cha of 1 was in the PHB (in the ability scores section near the front), and it turns out the PC has the same Cha score as your average Zombie or Construct.

Can the experienced DMs and players here please tell me what you feel a Cha of 1 would represent for a character (both PCs and NPCs)? I figure that the slightly higher Int and Wis scores means he is in some ways better than a zombie, but I have no clue how or why.

Also, does anyone else have experiences with PCs with such a low Cha score, or possibly any score that low? Either as players themselves, with party members, or as a DM? I'd love to hear about them, and possibly learn from you experiences.

I don't see why he is flinging poo when he has average intelligence. Charisma is how ugly you are and somewhat social skills. An average-ish intelligence and slightly low wisdom score just makes him a diminished version of the Elephant Man.

I've never had someone with a charisma score that low in D&D but in one of my CoC games a character had a very low Appearance (just what it sounds like) because he was burned pretty badly. People generally were apalled by his appearance but usually got used to it after a while. Or were real a-holes about it.

Flickerdart
2008-11-02, 06:58 PM
Sounds a bit like the new joker to me.
Are you kidding? The Joker has a Charisma way up there. There are so many fans of him, even though he's an evil lunatic.

monty
2008-11-02, 07:10 PM
Are you kidding? The Joker has a Charisma way up there. There are so many fans of him, even though he's an evil lunatic.

Pretty much. I'd say he's high in all the mental stats; it's just that he's sadistic and completely insane.

Khosan
2008-11-02, 07:14 PM
Pretty much. I'd say he's high in all the mental stats; it's just that he's sadistic and completely insane.

He might have a pretty low Wis. Not that perceptive, and he is insane.

Asbestos
2008-11-02, 07:48 PM

DM: "The guard, incapable of understanding your urine based form of communication, has you arrested for public indecency."

celestialkin
2008-11-02, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys. I have not laughed as hard, or as long as I have while reading some of what has been posted in this thread. :smallbiggrin:

As for why I let it happen, well it just seemed like fate has set all those die rolls for this PC. My game is a lot more fun oriented, and humor tends to be a big part of things (even when I try being somewhat serious in certain plots). The two other players who were there that day repeatedly said "The best character ever!" during the second half of the gaming session while the new PC was there.

Although it might not be politically correct (which our group rarely is), I am quite sure that his disability will probably be milked for every bit of comedic potential by the players. I will try not to do it myself, though. However, I will put in situations in which the PC needs to deal with certain social and negotiational situations, to play against his weakness, while also putting in situations that play to his merits (very high Str score bruiser, with now qualms about anything and no moral concerns).

DM: "The guard, incapable of understanding your urine based form of communication, has you arrested for public indecency."

Dude, I got a headache and tears from laughing at this.

Drakefall
2008-11-03, 09:58 AM
I'd say just give him a CHA of 5. That suits his poo flinging ways perfectly, people won't find him attractive but they'll at least give him a listen and won't run away screaming... unless he's throwing poo. That way he can be rude, vulgar and far from the most eloquent communicator but still be capable of some form of sentient communication beyond the binary language of feces (urine = 0, poop = 1?).

Oslecamo
2008-11-03, 11:06 AM
Sincerly, CHA 1 is below simply flinging poo to others, it's more like someone with severe brain trauma who can barely speack.

Anyway, remember what the zeros in mental scores stand for:

0 Wis means you can't perceive the world around you. That's why there aren't much 0 Wis creatures around there.

0 Int means you can't learn anything new. That's why animals can only learn a few tricks, and most constructs and undeads simply follow orders.

0 Cha means you can't perceive yourself. You have no personality, and that's why zombies and constructs go around with their arms rsen up and don't care about pain and being destroyed. They barely notice they exist!

So, that half-orc barbarian would be an almost mindless killing machine who can barely put two words togheter and doesn't give a damn about his personal hygiene or well fare.

cenghiz
2008-11-03, 11:11 AM
Ultra:belkar:?

He's not an idiot. He can think on average(INT) and he understands what's best for him(WIS). He simply doesn't care about others at all. Society is nothing but a grouping from what he takes stuff like food from time to time.
infectious,
sig

paddyfool
2008-11-03, 11:28 AM
No, Belkar definitely has personality, and is pretty good at Intimidate checks despite it not being a class skill for Rangers.

I'd like to second (third? fourth?) the autistic and incoherent suggestion as one route. Sadly, I can only think of one character in fiction who'd have that alongside decent Int and Wis - Father Jack (in Father Ted). Alternatively, if the player wants to actually be able to communicate at all (and I for one find roleplaying characters who can't to be incredibly frustrating), you'd best bump him up to at least a 3. Which would put him at about the Savage Hulk level of ability to communicate and function socially, imho, which might be just high enough to be fun.

Eorran
2008-11-03, 12:23 PM
I agree on the autistic viewpoint. Look at what Charisma governs: Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform... Beauty is tangential to Charisma. Example: Xykon. epic-level sorcerer, his Cha is through the roof. He's not pretty, polite, or even a skilled speaker, but he can still lead an army though sheer intimidation. (Look at how he recruits Redcloak at the end of Start of Darkness to see a great example of his force of will).
By contrast, someone with a low Charisma can't exert his views on others. In the extreme, he can't communicate his views to others. This is not a result of low Intelligence or Wisdom - he can make sense of the world around him to a degree - but he can't make anyone else understand his viewpoint.

Erom
2008-11-03, 12:44 PM
Full Metal Jacket. The scene where Gomer Pile finally snaps. Where he just stands there sweating, rolling his eyes around and grunting. That guy, except slightly smarter, crazy all the time, and not suicidal.

I think it fits pretty well. He's smart enough and perceptive enough to learn how to operate and maintain complicated machinery like a rifle, but he's a total psychopath. He will grunt and break things, not because he is too stupid to talk, but because he's too crazy to care about talking.

Yakk
2008-11-03, 02:34 PM
If cha 0 is "cannot distinguish self from surroundings", cha 1 is close to that.

And not in a zen like way.

Wisdom 8 means that the half orc is also somewhat bad at observing other people, but not nearly that crippled.

Autism might model this reasonably. You have next to no self awareness, and no ability to project thoughts to others in a coherant way. You have built a really basic model of what other people act like, but you presume that they are about as empty inside as you are.

People talking to you is uninteresting, because there is not much there to talk to: they are behaving pretty much in a nonsense way. A cha 0 being would find someone trying to talk to it as utterly meaningless: you are a tad above that point. You do notice them talking to you, it just seems pointless to respond.

Now, you could play with this. What if the PC is actually a puppet? Maybe they are the thrall of a psionic NPC (like a mind flayer), who has bred and sucked the self out of the PC. The PC is then programmed with a basic set of instructions for scouting purposes, and the psionic controller occasionally pokes into the PC and fixes up some programming.

This NPC may end up being a bad guy, or might end up being the real PC for the player.

Person_Man
2008-11-03, 03:01 PM
I second the notions that a Cha 1 PC would be severely autistic (or something like it). As a comparison, most animals have a Cha of 4-6. This PC's ability to express himself is four times lower then that of a toad.

Also, I house rule that all PCs must have stats no lower then 3 after racial adjustment. I normally use point buy. But if we rolled it, then they must re-assign a higher roll to that stat.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-03, 06:30 PM
Some of y'all got some weird ideas about autism. "Next to no self awareness" ? How about "heightened self-awareness because other people have all these weird rules that you can't quite figure out because they keep changing them on you" ?

Autism could be modeled by low Charisma, but only because the effect is "poor social skills", and not because autism means you're (almost) not aware of yourself as distinct from your surroundings. Cripes.

daggaz
2008-11-03, 06:54 PM
Sincerly, CHA 1 is below simply flinging poo to others, it's more like someone with severe brain trauma who can barely speack.

Anyway, remember what the zeros in mental scores stand for:

0 Wis means you can't perceive the world around you. That's why there aren't much 0 Wis creatures around there.

0 Int means you can't learn anything new. That's why animals can only learn a few tricks, and most constructs and undeads simply follow orders.

0 Cha means you can't perceive yourself. You have no personality, and that's why zombies and constructs go around with their arms rsen up and don't care about pain and being destroyed. They barely notice they exist!

So, that half-orc barbarian would be an almost mindless killing machine who can barely put two words togheter and doesn't give a damn about his personal hygiene or well fare.

Wow. somebody finally cut thru all the BS on this thread and quoted the truth for low scores, instead of what they percieve it to be. But i disagree with the final determination. WHy are they a killing machine? THey simply have no personality, and cannot percieve the difference between themselves and others.

More likely, most of the time, you could tell this person to do X, and they will do it, regardless of consequences to themselves or others. And sometimes, they may not. As such they are forced to be True Neutral. The idea of laws and organisation, of rules either societal or internal, is completely foreign to a person of with almost no sense of self, as they missing the very first step in understanding these things, the idea of self, the first item to measure the world by. But likewise, they are not seeking disorder, have no distaste for the orderly. Thus, they are neutral. As well, while they might understand the difference between good and evil (wisdom), they have no power to actually make a decision for themselves regarding it. And so again, they are neutral, unable to purposely make a bend in either direction.

But its not TN like a dedicated monk. Its TN like an inanimate object as far as it cares about itself. And another character would despise this one for its personal weakness, or at least be particularly shocked and concerned momentarily, and neither type would trust it further than you could throw it yourself.

I suppose you could plea your case for a CN character as well, but really this kind of character should be run by a DM. There is simply not enough choice involved to justify a PC.

Draz74
2008-11-03, 07:13 PM
Wow. somebody finally cut thru all the BS on this thread and quoted the truth for low scores, instead of what they percieve it to be.

Nah. They actually got it wrong.

0 INT or 0 WIS or 0 CHA means you're unconscious and in a coma-like state, not the things that other guy wrote. The only thing that really models his descriptions is "Int -" (no Intelligence score), which is different from a zero Intelligence score. "Wis -" and "Cha -" don't exist; every creature has these ability scores. It's right there in the PHB.

I agree with the people who are saying that 1 Charisma on an otherwise-functional (mentally) character would be some kind of mental disability condition. Something that, to uneducated laymen like me who don't know much about the actual psychological details of autism, would seem pretty similar to stereotypical autism.

tokonaut
2008-11-03, 07:52 PM
0- charisma should mean crippling shyness, a face like emperor palpatine, and when he talks no one listens

0- wisdom should mean he does not get the jokes made at his expense, has no self esteem, and interprets everyone as shapeless blobs

0- intelligence should mean he is incapable of learning more than the most basic instincts hurt, hunger, and sleep and if told to do something will stand there drooling moving only when one or more of the three above needs has to be fulfilled,

so according to the scores you have created a fugly a** sasquatch/bigfoot. IMO

allonym
2008-11-03, 08:49 PM
So, you'll be wanting to insist upon a re-roll for this guy about now...?

Blue Ghost
2008-11-03, 09:26 PM
I imagine someone like Pikel Bouldershoulder from R.A. Salvatore's Hunter's Blade trilogy. Quite intelligent and aware of what is going on around him (though in your case, he may not be that aware), but unable to communicate anything except the most basic concepts. He should probably only know how to use a very limited set of phrases (though he can understand others very well). And probably quite hideous and unpleasant to talk to at that.

AslanCross
2008-11-04, 06:25 AM
0- charisma should mean crippling shyness, a face like emperor palpatine, and when he talks no one listens

0- wisdom should mean he does not get the jokes made at his expense, has no self esteem, and interprets everyone as shapeless blobs

0- intelligence should mean he is incapable of learning more than the most basic instincts hurt, hunger, and sleep and if told to do something will stand there drooling moving only when one or more of the three above needs has to be fulfilled,

so according to the scores you have created a fugly a** sasquatch/bigfoot. IMO

Actually, this is what RAW says:

Ability Score Loss

Some attacks reduce the opponent’s score in one or more abilities. This loss can be temporary (ability damage) or permanent (ability drain).

While any loss is debilitating, losing all points in an ability score can be devastating.

* Strength 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He lies helpless on the ground.
* Dexterity 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He stands motionless, rigid, and helpless.
* Constitution 0 means that the character is dead.
* Intelligence 0 means that the character cannot think and is unconscious in a coma-like stupor, helpless.
* Wisdom 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a deep sleep filled with nightmares, helpless.
* Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless.

Irreverent Fool
2008-11-04, 08:18 AM
People talking to you is uninteresting, because there is not much there to talk to: they are behaving pretty much in a nonsense way. A cha 0 being would find someone trying to talk to it as utterly meaningless: you are a tad above that point. You do notice them talking to you, it just seems pointless to respond.

I endorse this.

Asbestos
2008-11-04, 05:35 PM
After reviewing everything...

DM: "You open your mouth to speak, and then promptly collapse. Apparently you've forgotten to eat or drink anything for the past two days. If only you had been more aware of that dull feeling in your stomach."

or

DM: "You approach the guard, speak the words 'Red duck metal' and openly scratch your nether regions. The guard has you hauled off to the local asylum."

mabriss lethe
2008-11-04, 08:29 PM
yeah, definitely reroll cha. it sounds like a headache in the making.