PDA

View Full Version : Put your oil plant somewhere else!

Vizen
2008-11-03, 03:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5fhUetf5s

"What is it?" you may ask, as you stroke the cat on your lap and take your mind momentarily off of world domination.
Well, allow me to tell you.

There's a waste oil plant in a town called Pukekohe, of which the owners want to relocate to the peaceful country village where my friend lives. It has been planned to be put in a field directly opposite his house, on the site of where a recently shut-down tavern is.
The decision could possibly go through because of the Franklin District Council's zoning rules. The site is zoned as "business". Because there is only one application of business type in the Franklin District, an oil plant can be zoned as business and could theoretically be placed 100 metres (about the same distance in yards) from a primary school, and 30 metres from the closest neighbour's bedroom window.

This video is one of the efforts my friend and his father have made to publicise the council's insane zoning rules.

My friend shot and edited the video, at the direction of his father, who is the main character in the film. They used a hired singer and a group of children from the school as the vocalists. My friend is the one in the rap section, playing the drums, and walking with his dad at the end. My friends dad also wrote, produced, and recorded the song.

tl;dr: Watch the video, what do you in the playground think about this? Would you allow this in your town?