PDA

View Full Version : Name help

someonenonotyou
2008-11-03, 09:54 AM
Hey people i just got a new kitty i dont like cats really but i had to take it it was starving so any way now i need a name i just want to call it stupid cat but i think i should have a name so what do you think i should name it

AKA_Bait
2008-11-03, 10:26 AM
What does it look like?

Jack Squat
2008-11-03, 10:27 AM
First, "I" is capitalized, and punctuation is your friend. When reading that my inner voice sounded like it was hopped up on caffeine and sugar.

Second, how about Schrödinger?

Haruki-kun
2008-11-03, 10:28 AM
Call him Khan. That way, you can get mad at him and yell out... "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!"

Ilena
2008-11-03, 10:32 AM
Or Shalkan if hes male ... :P

smellie_hippie
2008-11-03, 10:43 AM
First, "I" is capitalized, and punctuation is your friend. When reading that my inner voice sounded like it was hopped up on caffeine and sugar.

Seconded... but I had been hoping to be original with this recommendation.

Castaras
2008-11-03, 11:00 AM
First of all, Male or Female?

evisiron
2008-11-03, 11:06 AM

Thirdeded. :smallbiggrin:

How about Puss w/o Boots?
Unless he has boots. In which case I am lost.

someonenonotyou
2008-11-03, 11:06 AM
umm...i dont know?

ghost_warlock
2008-11-03, 11:12 AM
I'm rather fond of the name Quasit Mouser. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-03, 11:16 AM
You don't know what sex it is?
I also like Schrödinger. :smallbiggrin:

reorith
2008-11-03, 11:48 AM
schrödinger ftw.

a

c
a
t

i
s

f
i
n
e

t
o
o

valadil
2008-11-03, 11:52 AM
Can you post pictures? I'd wanna see the beast before naming it.

I've always wanted to name a cat Lucifer or Dogbert.

Linkavitch
2008-11-03, 12:08 PM
Fluffy. Or, if it's not fluffy, Flatty. Although I like Schrödinger and Khan also. Actually, no name it Mr. Scruffy. (Can't believe no one's suggested that yet.)

Dirk Kris
2008-11-03, 12:13 PM
Name it after something you enjoy, like a musician or band.

Or something witty.

What DOES it look like?

someonenonotyou
2008-11-03, 12:37 PM
Ill get a picture when i get home so you can see looks like

RS14
2008-11-03, 12:44 PM
Norwest (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20040704.html). :smallbiggrin:

rayne_dragon
2008-11-03, 07:22 PM
Most important rule for naming cats - all cats will adopt a personality based on their name. Cats named after something annoying or destructive will exhibit that behavior. Cats named after something nice will be the exact opposite, making their name ironic.

Examples:
A cat named Devil will act like a little devil.
A cat named Angel will act like a little devil.
If you name your cat Icarus he will jump around on everything, until he gets neutered then he will get fat and lazy.

Good luck finding a name that will result in a cat that won't drive you crazy. =P But that's the fun of having a cat, isn't it?

Gray Jester
2008-11-03, 07:24 PM
I hear if you name your cat Waffles it grows to be vicious and a destroyer of worlds.

So I vote for Waffles.

blackfox
2008-11-03, 07:59 PM
Waffles is only a destroyer of *me.* :smallsigh: He attacked the cord things on my hoodie today and it was a really cute lolcatworthy moment, BUT I have scratches all over my hand.

I second Schrödinger and Lucifer and vote for Trouble or Scorn. (Cookie for the reference.)

Hm.
BlackFox's List of BlackFox-Approved Cat Names
Trouble and Scorn, obviously
Dammit (My college friend has a cat named this... it just takes one less word to yell at the cat.)
Caffeine
Zonker (cat must be vaguely yellow, have a kitty goatee, and be addicted to catnip)
Hubris
Waffles, I guess
Darth or Vader or Darth Vader
I'm gonna totally rip off Sneak's hamster and say PG-13
Tribble, but only if it's one of those REALLY REALLY POOFY FUZZY FURBALL KITTENS (+3 cute points.)
Psycho (Full name: Psycho Kitty, Qu'Est-Ce Que C'Est)
Snark(y)
GLaDOS (if it's female)

Silence
2008-11-03, 08:18 PM
"Toodles" FTW.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-11-03, 08:20 PM
Koshka.

Also, Murzik (with a rolled R like in Tim Horton's Rroll up the Rrim to win, or like Scottish pronounce their R's).

RandomNPC
2008-11-03, 08:36 PM
Schrödinger or Nyarlathotep

de-trick
2008-11-03, 08:45 PM
my vote for a name if its a guy cat is rosco, tramp, prince

my vote for a name for a girl cat would be baby, muffin, aero

Sneak
2008-11-03, 09:11 PM
Behemoth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Master_and_Margarita)

Lemur
2008-11-03, 09:43 PM
Cattack.

Or give it an overly descriptive name, based on the impression you get from it (i.e. the "Leonard of Quirm naming method"). Other languages get to do this, but not English for some reason. I ended referring to a stray cat that would show up at a work site as "Nightmare Murder Cat" under this system.

ocato
2008-11-03, 09:52 PM
As a cat, it will have three names. One is a regular every day name, like Gil or Puddin'. The second is a name the cat can be proud of, something grandiose. Anastasia, Filomena, Michelangelo, Cervantes. Something like that. The third name is a secret that only the cat knows. It's the name it gives itself, it's true name. The name of cats, for cats, and known only by cats.

This is the law of cat naming.

Grynning
2008-11-04, 12:54 AM
People always give cats cute names, so I'm fond of naming them something very fierce and masculine sounding, or stereotypical dog names. I knew some people with a cat named Fido, and it was very appropriate. My cat's name is Ozymandias, which doesn't sound intimidating in and of itself, but if you've read Watchmen...

dish
2008-11-04, 06:43 AM
As a cat, it will have three names. One is a regular every day name, like Gil or Puddin'. The second is a name the cat can be proud of, something grandiose. Anastasia, Filomena, Michelangelo, Cervantes. Something like that. The third name is a secret that only the cat knows. It's the name it gives itself, it's true name. The name of cats, for cats, and known only by cats.

This is the law of cat naming.

T. S. Elliot ftw.

If you don't know the sex of the cat, then take it to the vet. They will be able to tell you. You should take any new pet to the vet, as it will probably need treatments for minor parasites (fleas, worms, ear-mites, etc), and they can also do innoculations against common cat-ailments.

"Waffles" is a great name.

evisiron
2008-11-04, 09:26 AM
Most important rule for naming cats - all cats will adopt a personality based on their name. Cats named after something annoying or destructive will exhibit that behavior. Cats named after something nice will be the exact opposite, making their name ironic.

Examples:
A cat named Devil will act like a little devil.
A cat named Angel will act like a little devil.
If you name your cat Icarus he will jump around on everything, until he gets neutered then he will get fat and lazy.

Good luck finding a name that will result in a cat that won't drive you crazy. =P But that's the fun of having a cat, isn't it?

QFT. Why...why did she name her cat Demon?!

three08
2008-11-04, 09:33 AM
name it snuggles the doomkitty, of course, in homage to our lord and master, may his eye never come to rest upon me.

someonenonotyou
2008-11-04, 09:39 AM
Well my camra anti working but he like white and grey ans really fluffy/ poofy oh and hes Male

Waffles is best right now
Schrödinger is a good one to

so anyway any other name i want to name him soon so he can get use to it soon

Kcalehc
2008-11-04, 11:17 AM
Kamir

(depending on your accent it may sound suspiciously like 'come here')

blackfox
2008-11-04, 04:56 PM
Additions to BlackFox's List of BlackFox-Approved Cat Names
Loki

Gray Jester
2008-11-04, 05:10 PM
Wow, Waffles is in the lead? *grins evilly*

More names:
Dog
Fenrir (Both for ironic value)
Hel (Saves you some time when it scratches you)
EMP (Only if it has a tendency to do stuff to electronics)
Loki (Seconded)
Mort
Rincewind

Lyndworm
2008-11-04, 05:15 PM
Howabout Paul?

Zack

Pepz
2008-11-05, 04:04 PM
Master of the Universe

because every cat is.

or Asparagus

Mando Knight
2008-11-05, 06:20 PM
Its name must be Mr. (or Mrs.) Scruffy.

Vorkuta
2008-11-05, 06:26 PM
We have 3 cats, a silver long-hair named "Portia", a black long-hair named "Mercedes" and a male siamese named "Bant Lee". We like cars and cats. And double-entendres.

Collin152
2008-11-05, 06:31 PM
Mr. Bojangles.