PDA

View Full Version : Heroes - Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb fired!

Bluelantern
2008-11-03, 04:17 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117995152.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

=p

so... what does this means for Heroes? at least in your opinion?

Telonius
2008-11-03, 04:20 PM
Huh, what just flew over my head?

Yeah, that about covers it. :smallfrown: I hope they prove me wrong.

Person_Man
2008-11-03, 04:24 PM
I'm assuming that it means they have the rest of Season 3 in the can, and that they will either cancel the show, or give it to new producers for Season 4.

A $4 million cost overrun per episode is huge. If we see season 4, I assume that they'll either ax half of the long running staff (who demand higher salaries) and/or see much lower production values.

JMobius
2008-11-03, 04:27 PM
That makes me wonder what they were spending all that money on..

Fawkes
2008-11-03, 04:28 PM
Well, that sucks.

Or does it? Maybe they were ones who were charge of everything that sucked. Does anyone know what they wanted that the studio didn't like?

Bluelantern
2008-11-03, 04:29 PM
A $4 million cost overrun per episode is huge. If we see season 4, I assume that they'll either ax half of the long running staff (who demand higher salaries) and/or see much lower production values.

And that gives high chances of destroying the show.

Firing actors will displease a great deal of fans, even though I do think that the show is overloaded with characters. Even if they do so, the budget cut will likely mean even less power display >.<

Person_Man
2008-11-03, 04:53 PM
And that gives high chances of destroying the show.

Firing actors will displease a great deal of fans, even though I do think that the show is overloaded with characters. Even if they do so, the budget cut will likely mean even less power display >.<

Agreed.

But it would be do-able. The only core characters that I think they absolutely need to keep would be Claire, HRG, Peter, Silar, Hiro, Ando, and maybe Parkman. At the end of Season 2, I would have said Mohinder as well because he was the narrator (both overtly and as part of his characterization - he constantly explained how things work and why they are happening), but for some reason they decided to make him an ego maniacal idiot instead. Everyone else (Tracy, Nathan, Angela, Arthur, Elle, Haitian, various supporting family members/villains/etc) can be killed or put on a bus. Hire 6 new main characters, and give them interesting powers. Have Parkman and/or Silar and/or Peter and/or Claire become the new BBEG. Give them some sort of Xanatos Roulette plot, and have the remaining Heroes spend a season trying to figure it out.

Piedmon_Sama
2008-11-03, 04:54 PM
And Wolverine fans across the nation roll in the schadenfreude. XD

Collin152
2008-11-03, 06:06 PM
Silar

My name is Sylar! (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RS3dEFX1Zuk)

afroakuma
2008-11-03, 06:15 PM
The cost overruns weren't 4 mil... each episode runs 4 mil, and they were running over that.

Meshakhad
2008-11-04, 09:31 AM
I know Heroes is an expensive show, but it's also one of NBC's top shows. But I think they can cut costs (specifically, salaries) without massacring half the cast.

Simply declare a moratorium on introducing new regulars, and let the show's natural attrition rate take its course. It's expected that regular characters will die - four actors who were listed as regulars have left the show due to character death - Tawny Cypress (Simone), Santiago Cabrerez (Isaac Mendez), Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins), and David Anders (Adam Monroe). In fact, they could double the rate (currently one per half-season), and the fans wouldn't bat an eye.

Another way to cut costs is to give Matt Parkman more screen time. His powers do not use any special effects.

Dihan
2008-11-04, 10:49 AM
One character is set to die before the end of this season, some sources believe it to be...

This is your last chance to turn back...Hiro Nakamura

Person_Man
2008-11-04, 12:20 PM
I know Heroes is an expensive show, but it's also one of NBC's top shows. But I think they can cut costs (specifically, salaries) without massacring half the cast.

Simply declare a moratorium on introducing new regulars, and let the show's natural attrition rate take its course. It's expected that regular characters will die - four actors who were listed as regulars have left the show due to character death - Tawny Cypress (Simone), Santiago Cabrerez (Isaac Mendez), Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins), and David Anders (Adam Monroe). In fact, they could double the rate (currently one per half-season), and the fans wouldn't bat an eye.

Another way to cut costs is to give Matt Parkman more screen time. His powers do not use any special effects.

Given the state of network television today, I wouldn't be surprised if they made the theme of next season "Heroes: Survivor" and killed off one character a week based on audience response.

Green Bean
2008-11-04, 02:13 PM
I'm honestly not sure what to make of this. On one hand, ditching two of your top writers is not really a sign of a stable or healthy show. On the other hand, Loeb's other works demonstrate many of the flaws that people are complaining about in this season of Heroes. I guess only time will tell if the rats are deserting the sinking ship of if they're ditching the dead wood.

Hopeless
2008-11-07, 05:34 PM
One character is set to die before the end of this season, some sources believe it to be...

This is your last chance to turn back...Hiro Nakamura

God I hope not even if he's been treated as an idiot even after the events of season 1 and 2 he Parkman and Peter are the main team, now that a certain someone has lost their powers whats next for them?

Mewtarthio
2008-11-07, 07:12 PM
My name is Sylar! (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RS3dEFX1Zuk)

...Wow. The third season Sylar suddenly looks a lot weaker. Please say that the two axed guys were responsible for taking away Evil Sylar.

RTGoodman
2008-11-07, 07:18 PM

I don't even really watch Heroes, but I'd be okay if they cut "Kath and Kim" and "My Name Is Earl" to keep up a show that so many people like. :smalltongue:

As long as NBC keeps "The Office," "30 Rock," and "ER," I'll be alright. (Of course, "ER" ends this season and "The Office" hasn't really been funny for more than an episode in a season and a half, so...)