PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed: What system?

Icewalker
2008-11-03, 06:59 PM
I'm looking to buy Force Unleashed, upon extensive suggestions from friends and others. Seems like an awesome game.

But I have a few systems that can run it, and I'm not sure which to get it on.

The two it really comes down to a choice between is PS3 or Wii. I don't know anything about the Wii's control system, whether it is preferable. Nor do I know how much the PS3 graphics are improved, but I'm mainly interested in the gameplay.

So...advice?

Tormsskull
2008-11-03, 07:03 PM
So...advice?

I can't suggest either since I got mine for Xbox 360. Be forewarned though, the game is very short. Awesome, good replay value, but short. If you're not huge on playing the game over and over, I might recommend renting it.

Revanmal
2008-11-03, 07:16 PM
If you put much stock in what Yahtzee says, go for the Playstation. Wii is blander, less intuitive, and the lightsaber is hard to control.

Demented
2008-11-03, 07:19 PM
The only thing I know is that Yahtzee didn't have kind words for using a wiimote as a crudely-implemented lightsaber.

Volug
2008-11-03, 08:03 PM
Get it on your favorite system.

pingcode20
2008-11-03, 08:04 PM
I've played TFU on the Wii - the control system isn't much good.

Bosses are almost universally handled via Action Command sequences (Shake left. Shake right. Shake right. FINISH HIM! Shake right.) which look kind of neat, though, even if they're a little easy.

I don't have any of the other systems, so I can't vouch for them.

Also, the main character looks like a shaved Legolas.

ocato
2008-11-03, 08:05 PM
Rent it.

It's a novelty pleasure of hacking through stormtroopers and force lightning nuking robots. It's fun, the story is interesting, and it will be enjoyed. But it's about 8 hours long (and I searched every nook and cranny for holocrons and lightsaber crystals). So, I highly suggest you rent it. And while you're there, maybe rent Dead Space. That one is fun in a mindless way too.

Gaelbert
2008-11-03, 10:36 PM
If you put much stock in what Yahtzee says, go for the Playstation. Wii is blander, less intuitive, and the lightsaber is hard to control.

I have it for the Wii and have never had any trouble with the control system. In fact, I've had a great deal of fun with it. I haven't tried any of the other systems, though.

Mando Knight
2008-11-03, 11:24 PM
I have it for the Wii and have never had any trouble with the control system. In fact, I've had a great deal of fun with it. I haven't tried any of the other systems, though.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/3/36/132Ditto.png

I've heard that all of the versions use God of War-style action commands to deal with the bosses... Also, nothing's more fun than throwing around legions of anonymous troopers left and right...

Icewalker
2008-11-04, 12:21 AM
Eloquent expression of opinion there, Mando.

So, seems like most of the comments are either 'no difference' or slight problems with the Wii controls. Guess I'll be going with the PS3 version. Likely tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

Gaelbert
2008-11-04, 12:31 AM
Eloquent expression of opinion there, Mando.

So, seems like most of the comments are either 'no difference' or slight problems with the Wii controls. Guess I'll be going with the PS3 version. Likely tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

Fool! You will never know the joy of snapping a storm trooper's neck by twisting your wrist! or the sore feelings in your arm the day after an extended playing session...