PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2

Moonshadow
2008-11-04, 07:01 AM
I know a lot of people that have this game, and I've been considering downloading it off Steam for a while now.

Only problems is, my processor is only a tiny bit over the minimum requirements needed, and I've only got the touch pad on my laptop, not a real mouse.

Should I still consider getting it?

Archonic Energy
2008-11-04, 07:26 AM
you're probably better off asking your question here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58949),
my 2p's worth is "yeah" it's fast, fun, furious, not to demanding system wise & it's FUN

there's nothing like being a heavy being healed by 4 medics while holding off a whole team while an Engineer puts a dispenser behind you...

... or sniping 3 medics without their heavy's noticing... :smallamused:

Khanderas
2008-11-04, 07:35 AM
I am teh suck at this genre.
I rarely feel the need to play this kind of game.

Once in a while I start it up, and lose 5 hours without knowing how.

Moonshadow
2008-11-04, 07:43 AM
Thank you, but thats not exactly assessing my main problems, which are the point of this thread <_<;;

Khanderas
2008-11-04, 08:53 AM
I shall no more try to be clever on the internet, people never get it.

Yes you should get it, as that is the main question. There are very few posters / readers on this sub-forum who would tell you not to.

As for your physical specs, I have not had any slowdown problems whatsoever, even on my old comp, although playing a FPS with a touchpad is not gonna cut it. I generally do not like touchpads but when you gotta strafe and aim and such... get a mouse or trackball is my firm vote.

13_CBS
2008-11-04, 09:57 AM
If your processor is barely over the minimum requirements, I'm not 100% sure if this is the best game for you. Smaller maps, such as 2fort, can get very intense, and all the particles flying around (rockets, flames from flamethrowers, minigun bullets, etc) will not only lag the server but also your computer.

However, for games, it's mostly the video card and RAM that matter, so your processor shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Crispy Dave
2008-11-04, 01:37 PM
I play it below the processor requirements and im usually fine so I would go for it. You should really pick up a mouse if you want to play it you can get a laptop usb mouse for fairly cheap.