PDA

View Full Version : Proficiencies for a Kundala

SoD
2008-11-04, 03:46 PM
Yesterday, as I was absent-mindedly flicking through various books, I noticed that the Kundala doesn't have its weapon-armour proficiencies. I asked about it in the SQ&A, thinking it may've been a typo that was errata'd later. It's happened in my books before. But...apparantly not.

The general consensus was thus: Minimum proficiency with Light Weapons and Unarmed Strikes. That is guaranteed RaI. I'd toss in the same proficiencies as Monks, with the addition of Gauntlets, too. He probably won't use weapons past low levels anyways, so it won't be unbalancing, and the Kundala is somewhat weak. If you want more info, a new thread would probably be best, as my eye for balance is a bit off most of the time.

What are our thoughts? Any addittional additionals?

hamishspence
2008-11-04, 03:49 PM
Whats a Kundala? Oriental Adventures? Third party? 3.0 splat prestige class? Dragonlance?

Name is unfamiliar to me.

SoD
2008-11-04, 03:59 PM
BoEF (Book of Erotic Fantasy). Not sure if it's officially 3.0 or 3.5 though, but our campaign is 3.0/3.5 rules, with .5 overrulling .0 if they disagree about something.

What?

hamishspence
2008-11-04, 04:02 PM
third party, then. Haven't got it, that would explain it. Only third party book I have is Quintessenial Paladin 2, for customisable paladin code.

Fax Celestis
2008-11-04, 04:11 PM
I ran into this issue myself. I've sent an email to the designers, but no response.

Frankly, I'd go with Monk proficiencies, since they emulate that class to a large degree. I'd also likely give them the ability to wear light and medium armor (but no shields), since they don't get Monk AC and they have divine spells.