PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else see some resemblence between the elections and Battlestar Galactica?

late for dinner
2008-11-04, 05:22 PM
I have been hooked on the seasons of Battlestar Galactica and I was watching it and found some paralells to what is going on in the US elections...Baltar is working with the cylons and trying to get the humans and cylons to get along. He was also using "Change" as his main campaigning tool when he was running for President. Kind of like Obama...Obama is using the Change slogan and also is going over seas to meet with terrorist (cylon) leaders to get along with Americans (in a nutshell)

McCain is more like The original president: Wants to continue what they started out to do (find earth) Doesnt want to be friends with Cylons, (terrorists) anyways, that is kind of what I saw in this presidential race...anyone else see similarities??

Graybacca
2008-11-04, 05:24 PM
Yes totally

Illiterate Scribe
2008-11-04, 05:32 PM
Oh no he's going to surrender to the cylons but maybe that was right as Romo Lampkin aka Antonin Scalia said at his trial when backed up by Colin Powell's son ... :smallannoyed:

Anyway, you might want to read the forum rules re:political discussions.

Roland St. Jude
2008-11-04, 10:32 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Real world politics is an inappropriate topic on this board. Please review the Forum Rules.