PDA

View Full Version : 4E Bard

maurmink
2008-11-05, 04:51 AM
I myself was very dissapointed to find that the Bard was not included in the 4th edition Player's Handbook. So I just started playing a Laser Cleric flavored like a bard.

Im sure many of you are familiar with the new Ampersand Article, where they feature the bard, with powers 1 - 10.
The first I thought when I read it: That's cool.

I'd love to play it in my game, but the thing is that we are nearing paragon fast.
So my question to the forums is this: Can you guys build the next 20 levels of powers for the bard?

Thanks,

Roderick_BR
2008-11-05, 05:47 AM
As a very quick fix, WotC suggested reflavoring the warlord's inspiring abilities as bard abilities, since both classes main abilities are about talking to allies to inspire them.

Meek
2008-11-05, 09:08 AM
As a very quick fix, WotC suggested reflavoring the warlord's inspiring abilities as bard abilities, since both classes main abilities are about talking to allies to inspire them.

This.

Pick one Inspiring Attack. Keep it a [W] attack. Switch to whatever Ability score is necessary.

Pick another. Change the [W] to a d6 or a d8 and make it Range 5 or 10. Switch it to whatever ability score is necessary.

Now you have two powers for that level for the "Bard"

The [w]s in martial powers more or less balance to the hard die on magic attacks, so this functions better than one would think.

It's not what you asked, but it might ultimately be easier, both to make and to have your DM approve.

RTGoodman
2008-11-05, 01:02 PM
Yep, refluffing Warlord (and Cleric) powers should work fine - after all, Bard is a Leader just like them, and Power Source doesn't really change all that much.

I would say you could throw in a Wizard power at each level, too, to capture the Controller "sub-role" of the Bard, but it might not be necessary depending on which Cleric or Warlord powers you use.