PDA

View Full Version : Clerics of evil alignments?

Mindleshank
2008-11-05, 08:54 PM
So clerics that are villains in a campaign are usually evil. However, i wanted to make my villain more than just a cleric. So, to get to my question what is a good way to build an evil cleric and make it more than just a cleric without going into other classes like fighter. In other-words i want a straight cleric but with prestige classes which make him more evil.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-05, 09:03 PM
Ur-Priest.

Vortling
2008-11-05, 09:19 PM
Storm Lord.

Riffington
2008-11-05, 09:24 PM
Eye of Gruumsh?

Piedmon_Sama
2008-11-05, 09:33 PM
Rainbow Servant!

Keld Denar
2008-11-06, 05:58 AM
Ordained Champion (CChamp) of Hextor. Can be as simple as Cleric6/OC5/Cleric9 or PrC to taste after that.

Thurbane
2008-11-06, 06:21 AM
Diabolist (BoVD)
Master of Shrouds (LM)

Who_Da_Halfling
2008-11-06, 11:09 AM
True Necromancer?

-JM

Siegel
2008-11-06, 11:13 AM
True Necromancer?

-JM

you fail so hard

ShellBullet
2008-11-06, 11:13 AM
Blackguard? I am not sure about effectivines, but it's certainly has that evil charm.

AKA_Bait
2008-11-06, 11:25 AM
Honestly, it really depends upon who you are a cleric of and what PrC suits that god and your characters attitude. Almost anything can work. Evil is a state of mind, not a PrC.

Who_Da_Halfling
2008-11-06, 11:32 AM
you fail so hard

Well, it kinda works...

Ok, well at least then you can completely optimize it without being fairly sure you'll TPK the group (from what I understand, Ur Priest optimized is something that most DMs won't even allow for being so broken).

-JM

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-06, 03:44 PM
Well, it kinda works...

Ok, well at least then you can completely optimize it without being fairly sure you'll TPK the group (from what I understand, Ur Priest optimized is something that most DMs won't even allow for being so broken).

-JMAt level 14, you are so far behind in casting that if the party Fighter took leadership to get a Cleric, and his Cohort took Leadership to get a Wizard, he'd be bringing more necromancy to the table than you. As a Fighter. Mystic Theurge is better, and we all know about that one.

Idea Man
2008-11-06, 09:06 PM
Thaumaturgist isn't a bad choice. It's specifically built towards calling on outsiders (demons, devils, or something else), and is a good stepping stone towards greater power with minimal retributive damage. I would recommend using the feat to cast spells more quickly (swift spell, I believe), turning all summon monster spells from one round to one standard action.

Hal
2008-11-06, 09:51 PM
Are you tied to your villain being a Cleric? You could always make a Favored Soul for a villain. The fluff seems cooler, too. In this case, your villain didn't choose the evil god, the evil god chose your villain.

Thurbane
2008-11-07, 01:22 AM
Well, it kinda works...

-JM
The main problem with TN is that it requires multiclassing, and...

So clerics that are villains in a campaign are usually evil. However, i wanted to make my villain more than just a cleric. So, to get to my question what is a good way to build an evil cleric and make it more than just a cleric without going into other classes like fighter. In other-words i want a straight cleric but with prestige classes which make him more evil.

VerdugoExplode
2008-11-07, 01:47 AM
This is working on the assumption that you are the DM and working on that assumption the players are only going to know how evil this cleric by his description given to them by you. No amount of prestige classes will change that. A man running around in a pink tutu could have 8 levels of barbarian. For this villain, seeing as how he must be especially evil I must recommend a steady regimen of:
Puppy Kicking
Baby Eating
Candy Stealing
Card Cheating
Cattle Rustling
Hornswaggling, which I think is bad, I'm not sure

Regardless, no amount of class changing will alter your players perception of the villain. I doubt that telling them "This cleric has 2 levels in DIABOLIST!" will result in them saying "How evil! Such an evil being of pure evil must be stopped!" Rather describing how the villain has left villages as towering infernos of screaming pain and misery, how he bathes in the blood of children to gain immortality or how he is so suffused with evil energy that all the plants around him whither and die before their eyes are much more effective at describing how evil someone is.

Ganurath
2008-11-07, 03:27 AM
Gauntlets of the Blood-Lord, a relic of Hextor, automatically Maximizes all touch spells and grants a +4 luck bonus to melee touch attacks. Add in Improved Unarmed Strike and the Domination Domain and Heighten Spell, and you have a flippant despot who rules a city-state with an iron fist, gives the concerns of the PCs careful consideration when they challenge his power, and rises to approach the speaker... And then backhands them for 32+caster level damage, with half on a save DC of boned. "You will not blaspheme the Herald of Hell with your disobedience."