PDA

View Full Version : DoomSayer 3.5e(Divine Aura)

BelGareth
2008-11-07, 02:37 AM
This is a Negative Energy Manipulator, Divine Class with Auras. Tell Me what you think!
This is Version 2 here is my original:
The Inflictor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5238809#post5238809)
As you can see its somewhat different but the same concept is there.

I updated the Draining Aura so as not to be so Broken
Also, updated the Maximize so it works in conjunction with negative healing.

DoomSayer

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|
Baneful Aura

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|
Negative Manipulation

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|
Negative Knowledge

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|
Negative Healing

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|
-

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|
-

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|
Negative Resistance

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|
Weakening Aura

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|
-

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|
-

11th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|
-

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+8|
-

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+8|
Negative Maximize

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+4|
+9|
-

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+5|
+9|
-

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+10|
Negative Immunity

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+10|
-

18th|
+9+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|
-

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|
-

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|
Draining Aura
[/table]

{TABLE=HEAD]LEVEL|0 lvl|1ST |2ND |3RD |4TH |5TH |6TH |7TH |8TH |9TH
1st|4|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
2nd|4|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
3rd|4|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
4th|4|3|1|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
5th|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
6th|4|3|2|1|-|-|-|-|-|-
7th|4|4|2|2|-|-|-|-|-|-
8th|4|4|3|2|1|-|-|-|-|-
9th|4|4|3|2|2|-|-|-|-|-
10th|4|4|3|3|2|1|-|-|-|-
11th|4|4|4|3|2|2|-|-|-|-
12th|4|4|4|3|3|2|1|-|-|-
13th|4|4|4|4|3|2|2|-|-|-
14th|4|4|4|4|3|3|2|1|-|-
15th|4|4|4|4|3|3|2|2|-|-
16th|4|4|4|4|3|3|3|2|1|-
17th|4|4|4|4|3|3|3|2|2|-
18th|4|4|4|4|3|3|3|3|2|1
19th|4|4|4|4|3|3|3|3|2|1
20th|4|4|4|4|3|3|3|3|2|2
[/table]

Skill points at 1st: (4 + INT Modifier) x 4
Skill points at Each additional level: 4 + INT Modifier

Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, diplomacy, Intimidate, knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (Religion), knowledge (the planes), Profession, Spellcraft.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: DoomSayers are proficient with all types of armor and shields (except Tower Shields) and with Simple Weapons.

Spells: A DoomSayer Cast Divine Spells, which are drawn from the DoomSayer Spell list. A DoomSayer can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. A DoomSayer knows all spells on his list according to Level. To cast a spell A DoomSayer needs a Wisdom score of 10 + the spells Level, the difficulty class for saving throws is 10 + the spells level + the DoomSayers Wisdom Modifier. The DoomSayer receives bonus spells if he has a high enough Wisdom score. DoomSayers do not need rest for their spells, instead they must meditate at a given time each day.

Baneful Aura(su): A DoomSayer gains the supernatural ability to project a Baneful aura to all of his enemys. This is a Mind affecting ability, any creature moving into the aura gets a save to ignore the affects Will DC = 10 + half the Doomsayers HD + DoomSayers Cha Modifier. This Aura has a range of 30 ft with the DoomSayer at the center. This Does not affect Allies of the Doom Sayer. Creatues must make a save every round for the affect. Upon failing a creature Receives a negative bonus to Hit, all saves and AC equivalent to the DoomSayers Cha modifier (this negative bonus does not affect the save), this bonus cannot exceed the Doomsayers HD. This Aura Can be activated as a free action.

Negative Manipulation(su): From the DoomSayers constant connection to Negative energy he is able to Manipulate objects and creatures imbued with it. As a standard action the Doomsayer can attempt to 'suck' the energy from constructs [undead], the DoomSayer must attempt a melee touch attack on a creature of the undead type. If successful the DoomSayer Deals Negative levels Equal to his Cha modifier to the Undead creature. This cannot exceed the DoomSayers HD, these Negative Levels are permanent. This affect bypasses any immunity any Undead have to Energy drain or Negative Levels.

negative Knowledge(ex): The DoomSayer gains insight into anything regarding Negative Energy from his close workings with it, A Doomsayer making a knowledge check regarding Negative Energy gains a +4 bonus.

Negative Healing(Ex): The Doomsayer is able to manipulate the Negative Energy so well he is able to 'Heal' with it. Any Necromancy spell the Doomsayer can cast which deals damage he can instead use to Heal. These are not as affective as Regular Healing spells and as such only heal the Dice indicated with no bonus from levels. For example a Inflict Serious would only heal 3D8 points of damage.

Negative Resistance(ex): The DoomSayer gains a Resistance to Negative energy, a DoomSayer does not receive any affects for being in a Negative Energy environment (the Negative Plane for example).

Weakening Aura(su): The DoomSayer develops the ability to physically weaken his opponents, This is an Enchantment affect with a Fort DC = 10 + Doomsayers HD + DoomSayers Cha Modifier. This has a range of 30 ft and can be activated as a free action replacing the Baneful Aura. Only one Aura can be active. All creatures who fail receive a negative bonus to STR, CON, and DEX equal to half the DoomSayers Cha modifier. Creatures must make a save every round while inside the area of affect just as the Baneful Aura. (the save uses the original Fort save)

Negative Maximize(ex): The DoomSayer Can Maximize Any Necromancy spell he casts as a full round action once per day. This can even be used in conjunction with negative healing.

Negative Immunity(ex): The DoomSayer becomes immune to Negative Energy attacks, any negative energy attacks, spells, spell like ability's, supernatural ability's and ability's.

Draining Aura(su): At 20th Level a DoomSayer can Drain multiple enemy's essence at once. This aura can be activated as a free action (only one aura can be active), All Enemy's within 30 ft who fail a Fort save gain a negative Level at the end of their turn. Fort DC = 10 + 1/2 DoomSayers HD + Cha modifier. This is an extremely hard Aura to manifest and requires concentration to hold, A DoomSayer must take a Standard Action to maintain the Aura, and make Concentration checks as applicable. This does not affect Undead creatures or creatures of the negative Energy plane.

Spell List

0 Level - Inflict Minor Wounds, Guidance, Light, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level - Bane, Cause Fear, Command, Doom, Inflict Light Wounds
2nd Level - Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Shatter, Sound Burst
3rd Level - Bestow Curse, Blindness/Deafness, Contagion, Inflict Serious Wounds
4th Level - Death Ward, Inflict Critical Wounds, Poison, Dismissal
5th Level - Command, Greater, Inflict light Wounds, Mass, Slay Living
6th Level - Banishment, Forbidance, Harm, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Mass
7th Level - Destruction, Inflict serious Wounds, Mass, Word of Chaos/Holy Word/Dictum/Blasphemy
8th Level - Inflict Critical Wounds, Mass, Symbol of Death, Holy Aura/Shield of Law/Cloak of Chaos/Unholy Aura
9th Level - Energy Drain, Implosion

Kredine
2008-11-07, 06:03 AM
I quite like this class. Seems rather cool. If you don't mind I might use it in my campaign I'm running at the moment

BelGareth
2008-11-07, 10:47 AM
by All means I'm just having some fun.:smallbiggrin:

Kredine
2008-11-07, 06:45 PM
Woop for having fun =].
My current campaign is using homebrew races for every npc =].
Trying to create enough homebrew classes to have completely homebrew game. =].
Unfortunately I haven't even finished one.