PDA

View Full Version : Giant ITP MMORPG

Hell_Bane
2008-11-07, 02:39 PM
Wouldn't that be a hoot? A MMORPG with stick figures and funny powers/abilities...

Samurai Jill
2008-11-07, 03:03 PM
Yes. Yes it would.

TBone
2008-11-07, 03:11 PM
ive thought about this a bit, and came to the conclusion that it would be awesome until all of the content was obliterated after a month and there was nothing left to do. Would almost have to be a randomly generated world, with some of the best writers for dialog in the business.

d'Bwobsling
2008-11-07, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't that be a hoot? A MMORPG with stick figures and funny powers/abilities...

It would be helpfull if you typed out your words so I would know what you are talking about

Samurai Jill
2008-11-07, 03:18 PM
No, wait- what am I saying? They've done it already (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?loginid=cfdd63bd551d49e1b362f8f9da524913 ). Bump the graphics up a notch, and you're done.

Kaytara
2008-11-07, 03:19 PM
It would be helpfull if you typed out your words so I would know what you are talking about

In this case, your criticism is unwarranted. On a forum of a comic based on a game, it's not far-fetched to assume the people have so base knowledge of games...
MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (or something along those lines)
And I've never played one in my LIFE.

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-07, 04:35 PM
No, wait- what am I saying? They've done it already (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?loginid=cfdd63bd551d49e1b362f8f9da524913 ). Bump the graphics up a notch, and you're done.

AND there is a clan for GITP that is desperately recruiting folks.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-11-07, 04:43 PM
AND there is a clan for GITP that is desperately recruiting folks.
Are we desperate? I didn't realise.

NerfTW
2008-11-07, 10:46 PM
Play Dungeons and Dragons online.

Download a patch that alters the skins of the characters to be stick figures.

Done.

(Whether or not a game can be patched like that depends on how much they want to control PVP. Because obviously a heavy PVP game where you can change enemies to look like giant neon signs, and make trees invisible causes a few problems.)

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-07, 11:17 PM
Are we desperate? I didn't realise.

Maybe not. SlightlyEvil has been indicating that we are low on participating hobopolis divers. Though perhaps that's just the specialness of that particular piece of content dying away. I never see anyone in chat anymore.

Tekren
2008-11-12, 05:51 PM
Me either. It's very sad.

Especially since I am 'jonesing for another run.

Inhuman Bot
2008-11-12, 06:45 PM
Maybe not. SlightlyEvil has been indicating that we are low on participating hobopolis divers. Though perhaps that's just the specialness of that particular piece of content dying away. I never see anyone in chat anymore.

hobopolis? I want to come again, when I can make it there without it being restarted once I make it to there..

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-12, 06:53 PM
Ok, kmail SlightlyEvil about waiting on the next hobopolis dive.

Gargor
2008-11-12, 07:43 PM
IT would be kool, but since its basically DnD i think we would have a copyright problem there. I was thinking of a smash-bros style fighter for OoTS would be cool.

Mortugg
2008-11-13, 01:18 PM
How funny to find this thread right now.. Just a few days ago, I had the idea of creating an OotS style tileset for Nethack (http://www.nethack.org/) or even going so far to create a whole new interface for the game with basic animations for the actions and all that.
Of course I'm aware of the fact that Nethack is an enormous game and it would take me probably centuries of programming and drawing, but heck.. that would be somehow cool :smallsmile: