PDA

View Full Version : Comic 424

TBone
2008-11-07, 02:59 PM
I may be wrong, but i am pretty sure panel 3 of comic 424 is the last time the Order of the Stick were seen together. That is nearly a full 1/3rd of the entire comics run, that the central party, has been fractured and apart. How long is this going to last?

randomnondescri
2008-11-07, 03:02 PM
Until the plot brings them back together.

d'Bwobsling
2008-11-07, 03:13 PM
Until the plot brings them back together.

Which may never happen

Lerky
2008-11-07, 03:15 PM
holy cow! you're right!:smalleek:

we've gone about 200 comics with the OOTS never seen together in one panel:smallfrown:

Kaytara
2008-11-07, 03:16 PM
Which may never happen

How do you imagine that would be possible?

Seriously, though, the defeat at Azure City was also a very BIG thing. BIG. It's only natural that it has lasting consequences and the mess takes a while to scramble out of... That's what I always say to topics like this.

[TS] Shadow
2008-11-07, 03:19 PM
*sigh* I know it's been a long time, but the party splitting up wouldn't be in the story if it wasn't important. A lot of stuff has already happened: V has left the party, Belkar is going to have his end soon *sob*, and I have a feeling that Celia and maybe (if the Giant loves me) the cleric of Loki will have a permanent stay on the team. I say they'll get back together by the end of the story arc.

NerfTW
2008-11-07, 03:21 PM
I think counting the Azure city battle is just inflating the numbers a bit for no reason. Especially since Roy and V are the only two not around during the actual split up. As for how long they'll stay apart, likely for one book, given that he started writing the comic to fit as books instead of maybe sort of fitting into a book like the first two.

They are likely going to be reunited at the end of the current book/arc, which would be around strip 670ish. (about 184 strips in the last two books, and the last book ended on 484.)

Belkster11
2008-11-07, 03:40 PM
Sorry, sorry, you were right. Apparently I clicked on the comic where Roy was on the dragon fighting Xykon.

David Argall
2008-11-07, 03:54 PM
Well, we can say that 445 was a case of the party being all "aware" of another party member. They all could see Elan and/or Roy. That is not that different from a normal party situation.

Of course, even that is 160 strips, and with no sign the end is anywhere near. High time they get back together.

Lissou
2008-11-07, 07:35 PM
How do you imagine that would be possible?

That's easy. Let's imagine Belkar dies before they're all reunited. If that happens, the 6 members will never be all together again.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-11-09, 12:07 AM
I'm reminded of the Dragonlance Chronicles. How long were they separated? almost 2/3 of the story. How awesome was the reunion? totally.

So it may not be that big of a problem.