PDA

View Full Version : Total War 2250

Pages : [1] 2 3

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-07, 07:13 PM
New Years day 2250 is a quiet one, it has been six months since the temporary Defense Union defeated the Niton fleet at the battle of Phobos.

Aside from the occasional pirate raid the system is quiet.

Territories (in distance from Sun)

Sun
Military
Nexus +++

Espionage
Nexus ++

MercurySpace Military
BHOP+
9th+
Papacy +

Land Military
Papacy+
OD+
Espionage
Papacy+
Hand +
OD+

VenusSpace Military
BHOP+
9th+

Earth
Land MilitaryArch++
NRE +++++
9th++
UAL +++++
MT++++
UNE ++++++
The Hand ++
Dags +++
OD+++
Space MilitaryArch +++++
BHOP ++
Papacy ++++++++
9th++
UEL +++
MT++++
UNE+++
Children +++
OD++
Espionage Arch +++++++
NRE +++++
UEL +++++
Papacy+++
MT++++
UNE +++++++
Hand +++++++
Children 10
OD++++

Moon
Land Military
Papacy +++
UEL +
OD+

Espionage
Papacy +++
UEL ++
Hand ++
OD+

Mars
Space Military
BHOP++
Papacy+
9th+
MT++

Land Military
Papacy+
OD +

Espionage
Papacy+
Hand +
OD+

Phobos

Deimos
Land Military
9th +

Asteroid belt
MilitaryArch +
NRE++
Silver Belt 10
BHOP +++
Papacy ++
9th++
EspionageArch +
NRE+
Papacy+
Silver Belt 4
Hand 3
Jupiter
Space Military
BHOP+
9th+
UEL +++

Io

Europa

Land Military
Europa 10

Space Military
Europa 5

Espionage
Europa 3
Hand 1

GanymedeLand military
9th+

Callisto

Lesser moons Space Military
Two Moons ++

Espionage
Two Moons +
Hand +
Saturn
Space Military
BHOP++
9th+

Titan Land Military
NRE ++
BHOP++

Space Military
NRE +
BHOP+++

Lesser Moons Space Military
Two Moons ++

Espionage
Two Moons +

Ring
Uranus
Space Military
BHOP+
9th+
Niten ++++

Miranda, Land Military
Niten +
9th+

Espionage
Niten +

Ariel,
Niten +

Espionage
Niten +

Umbriel,
Niten +

Espionage
Niten +

Titania
Niten +

Espionage
Niten +

Oberon

Lesser Moons

Neptune
Space Military
BHOP++
9th+
Niten +++++

Espionage
Niten ++

TritonLand Military
Niten +

Espionage
Niten +

Lesser MoonsLand Military
Niten ++

Espionage
Niten +

Dwarf Planets
Space Military
BHOP++
9th+
Niten+
UT +

Espionage
UT+

Ceres

Pluto

Makemake

Eris

Kupier Belt
Space Military
BHOP+
9th+
UT++

Espionage
UT++

Oort Cloud
Military
UT+

Espionage +

NPC Nations

The Black Hand Syndicate
The Black Hand Syndicate was originally a small time gang, called the Handy Men, on the lower east side of Moscow. Their leader known only as Boss led them to take more and more turf in the city. As time progressed they devoured more and more rival gangs. By 2180 they controlled almost all the turf in Russia.

Boss then called together the heads of major criminal organizations together form around the world. In secret they formed the first Council of Thirteen. The council with Boss as their leader began muscling out all of the competition. They set standards on drugs, and established prices. They pooled their resources and bribed thousand of dirty official into looking the other way.

Within months 95% of all the worlds organized crime was under the thumb of the Black Hand. But as they say the world is not enough. The Hand began bringing crime off world.

By 2250, they have control of almost all the systems petty crime and illegal trafficking. They have hidden bases throughout the system, these bases crank out every drug imaginable. From the classics like meth, coke, pcp, heroin and spiritus to the really hard stuff like Burn and Spice.

While the Syndicate has no army and no official land, it is incredibly wealthy and has the ear of almost every crooked official humanity has to offer.

Stats
Foreign Opinion +
Moral +++
Tech +++
Economy +++++
Military 2
Espionage 17

Dagwood Reservation
Stats
Foreign Opinion +
Moral +++++
Tech +
Economy ++
Military 3
Espionage 0

The Children of Zarathustra
In 2128 this group of Zoroastrian psions created their own nation. They have always been secretive, but in the last few decades they have rarely been seen outside of Zoroperisia. There are rumors of a huge selective breeding system set in place to create, "The Sum of All Men". Despite their secretive nature, they are often willing to rent out the services of their highly trained psions to other nations with a need for discretion.

Stats
Foreign Opinion +++
Moral +++++
Tech ++
Economy ++
Military 3
Espionage 10

All Solar Nexus
The All Solar Nexus is descended from several of the first space corporations. Their major export is food products to the belt and the hungry masses of Earth. In 2200 several space mining corporations were devoured by Megalith Inc. After all he mergers the All Solar Nexus was created. Most of Nexuses holdings are near the sun. They have both major shipyards, and a large number of framing stations. Most of their fleet was destroyed in the battle of Phobos. They now rely heavily on thier former subsidiary the 9th, for protection. Their space yards are now mostly inactive, but they still produce the Dromedary Class bulk freighter.

Stats
Foreign Opinion ++++
Moral ++++
Tech ++++
Economy +++++
Military 3
Espionage 2

PC nations
The Arch Society (Rational Goblin)

Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++
Moral- ++
Economy +++
Tech +++++ (sorry about that editing error)
Military 8
Espionage 12

NRE (LongVin)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++
Moral- ++++
Economy ++++
Tech ++++
Military 10
Espionage 6

The Silver Belt (Eldan)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++++
Moral- +++
Economy ++++
Tech ++++
Military 10
Espionage 4

New Sovereignty of Europa (semerick)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- +++
Moral- +++++
Economy +++
Tech +++
Military 15
Espionage 3

Brotherhood of Pirates (Syst3mfresk101)

Stats
Foreign Opinion- +
Moral- +++
Economy ++
Tech ++
Military 23 (Pirate vessels throughout the system, but no actual fleet.)
Espionage 0 (3 defensively everywhere, due to decentralized command structure)

Space Pope (Puppyavenger)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++++
Moral- ++++
Economy ++++
Tech +++
Military 15
Espionage 11

The Ninth Company (TheJJ)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++
Moral- ++++
Economy ++
Tech +++
Military 19 (Mostly tied up in defense contracts. Also fast ships, but many BHOP pirate, and Hand smugglers are faster.)
Espionage 0 (3 defensively due to member devotion)

United American League (Greystone)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++
Moral- +++++
Economy +++++
Tech +++
Military 12
Espionage 7 (always a minimum of five due to Hivemind)

Niten Ichi Teikoku (Pumpkin3.1415)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++
Moral- +++
Economy ++
Tech ++++
Military 18
Espionage 8

The Dual Moons (Emperor Demonking)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++++
Moral- +++++
Economy +++++
Tech ++++
Military 4
Espionage 2

The Machine Technocracy (Sayn)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- +
Moral- +++++
Economy +++
Tech +++++
Military 10
Espionage 4

Union of Northern Europe UNE (Moral Wiz)
Stats
Foreign Opinion- +++++
Moral- +++
Economy +++++
Tech +++
Military 11
Espionage 7

United Traders (Mizka)
The United Traders is a trading bloc. They operate in the outer system, primarily the Oort Could and the Kupier Belt.

Stats
Foreign Opinion- +++
Moral- ++
Economy +++++
Tech +++
Military 4
Espionage 4

Opus Dei (OD) (Moechi_Vill)
Opus Dei is a number of organizations under a common umbrella working to advance the myriad causes of Christianity, such as:

The Knights of St John, aka the Knights of Malta (to repel Infidels)
The Knights Templar (to advance the science and material welfare of the people of God)
The Teutonic Order (to expand the territorial reach of the Church)
The Kingdom of Jerusalem (to set up an independent state for Opus Dei)
The Knights Hospitalers (to protect pilgrims and sites of worship)
Flora Dei (to serve the people of God through charity. The Domestic Branch so to say.)
Minimus Dei (the (tip) of the little finger of God was the idea I had but coming up with 'pinky God' seemed as complicated as a name should be... basically the espionage branch)

It might be difficult to set up stats for each of them, so I'm ok with the different stats reflecting different branches of the organization. :)

Stats
Foreign Opinion: Flora Dei
Moral: Also Flora Dei
Economy: The Teutonic Order
Tech: The Teutonic Order
Military: The Knighs of St John/Malta (defensive) and the Teutonic Order (offensive) and the Kingdom of Jerusalem (independent territories)
Espionage: Minimus Dei

Stats
Foreign Opinion- ++++
Moral- ++++
Economy + (hand to mouth)
Tech ++++
Military 8
Espionage 7

The_JJ
2008-11-08, 11:42 AM
Orders, sir?
Call up the meeting. All the captains, Alsa, Jamlamin.
Yes commander.
Alright, I just got the updates. We need to centralize. Pull in. I want just four battle groups from now on. The Ceasar will stay over Earth. Captain Sulyard, the Lee is to pull together the Venus forces over Mercury, and stay on hand for the Nexus jobs. The Rommel will stay out here in the belt. The rest I want over Ganymede, understood?
He waits for the lag. There is disjoined assent.
Good. We'll leave some forces out on the trade lanes, waiting for contracts, but I want us to be ready for a real job again. Oh, Sergeant Major. Keep up the recruitment. We'll need new pilots. And ah... be ready to move.
All forces out from Miranda are to move to Miranda. Once they're together, they will move to Ganymede.
Recruiters with dakka on hand will be going into the Reservation. They'll be looking for recruits. ("Follow me, and I get you more dakka.") This will be in addition to a recruitment push in the overpopulated parts of the world.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-08, 11:59 AM
The Dual Moons looked at their neighbours and felt bad for them. Didn't their neighbours understand that their lives would be far better if the lived in The Dual Moons. Didn't they understand if their lives would be better if they joined their duel moons.

In order to correct this incredible problem, the Duel Moons sent a representitive to their two closest democratic neighbours in order to petition a move into the Dual Moons.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-08, 12:46 PM
The two warriors looked at each other, then to the situation around them. Surrounding them were dozens of Defense Union Power Suits and Warbots, either cut to pieces or simply bludgeoned into submission. Interspersed were the bodies of brave Niten Samurai, who, after one final push, finally were able to overtake the enemy's command center on Phobos.

"Well, Shibata...looks like we did it. Today, Phobos, and tomorrow...we go back home. A pity that they thought they could overcome the best, eh?"

Shogun Musashi, a legendary warrior who took no sides during the Unification war, looked at the swords still humming in his hands, coated with blood and power suit lubricant. He looked to his comrade, Oda's best general Shibata, who hefted an arm of some robot as a weapon after his own blade had shattered. The two men were exhausted, but pleased with their amazing triumph.

"I hate to say it, Musashi, but I don't think we're going to get to see earth again. Look."

Colossal shadows overtook the remaining Niten forces on the ground. Above them, Defense Union Fleet reinforcements had finally arrived, and began to cut through the Niten battleships. Musashi looked on as four Atakebune Class warships left the battle. Suddenly, burst of light erupted in the Phoban sky as barrages of fire came down almost as if from the heavens themselves. In his final moments, the only word Musashi could muster was:

"Cowards...."

Daimyo Takeda awoke with a shout. It had been six months since Phobos, but he was still having nightmares about the loss of some of the greatest warriors that the Niten Ichi had. Wiping the sweat off his brow, he quietly rose from his bed so not to wake his wife, and made his way to the command center of the Furinkazan. There, holo-projections of Daimyos Oda and Uesugi were already streaming, along with that of the Emperor Minamoto himself.

"Nice of you to finally join us, nemesis. Should the Emperor have made better plans to fit in with your schedule better?"

"Uesugi, for the last time, while you two are speaking with me, you are to at least try to maintain an air of civility between you two! Understand?" The Emperor's voice echoed the center as Takeda began sending his feed.

"Yes, my lord. Now, what is it you wish to discuss?"

Calm and collected, Daimyo Oda begins to speak, displaying information and figures in front of his image.

"It seems we have an offer from the UNE to begin a trade pact with them. They have a gate to Earth and the Inner Belt region, and they in return want some of our technology. It could bolster our poor economy, at least a little bit."

"And you trust the UNE, Oda?"

"I do, although I don't know if my colleagues do as well. They helped me greatly during the Unification, and I believe them to be at least somewhat on the level."

"And what about you two? Does this sound like a good deal?"

"A trade pact with Earth would break away from our increasing goal of maintaining an isolationist policy, sir."

"Yes, but it's not like we're signing a formal alliance. We could really use the money to buy back some of our old mining facilities, perhaps. That'd generate us a lot more profit in the long run."

"Well put, Takeda...Oda, you are to go find out more about this deal. If it meets with your specifications, you have my blessing to set up and agreement with them. I leave it to your discretion."

"Of course. Thank you, my lord."

Another voice begins transmitting at the meeting of the four men, although there is no holographic projection.

"Just don't give away all of our toys, Oda. I've worked too hard to see my work sold off to those European sophisticate-types. I left Earth for a reason, and it wasn't to get close to people I don't have a lot of respect for. Ever since Cornerstone died, that place has been going to Hell in a handbasket."

"Well, Izuna, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Now, why don't you get back to work in that damned little facility of yours and continue not telling us what you're doing?"

"Bah. No vision, Oda. No vision at all."

Greystone
2008-11-08, 01:02 PM
Isabella stands in front of a crowd of millions, in the square of the rebuilt Washington DC, it shows on any satellite willing "People of the UAL. My mother was a brilliant leader, but she had her flaws. This great nation has been skulking in the shadows for too long, still overcome by their anger at their loss. I seek to change that by bringing the UAL into the future. I offer trade agreements with all our allies of old and the nations of today. Unfortunatly our nation has been seen as a opponent, or even a bloodthirsty enemy by many in the world, Well I here and know proclaim my urge for peace. Very soon the name of the UAL will not be a synonym for fear or hatred. The UAL will once again prove its right to bear the rank of the a true and productive nation. I urge all other nations to accept by proposed peace and trade proposals, even you people of the NRE, I am willing to set aside our differences to hurdle us in to the future."

The crowd cheers and claps in their approval, Isabella smiles and exits the podium.

To Luna
Hello, I am Dr. Amy Mayer, Chief of Social Economics. The UAL has been divided by Central America for too long. We wish to build a type of "Super Highway" connecting both North and South America. I was hoping that you would agree. Both nations could prosper from this, as trade will once again flow through the Central countries

Actions in the Belt
A large construction ship enters the belt within a days travel from another colony. They set up Pendragon Base, and begin mining and trade with the Silver Belters.

TO UNE
This is Supreme One Isabella, In the days before my mothers actions, our two nations were friends. I would like to regain some of the trust that she lost. I propose open trade between our two nations, and perhaps I could meet with a representative to discuss our futures.

To Niten Ichi
This is Kyle Stryker, of the UAL's War and Logistics board. The UAL is interested in opening diplomatic ties with a nation such as yourself. If you could meet us a Jupiter base, we could discuss trade and other...helpful actions for the future

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 01:28 PM
UAL
This is Arch-deacon Herrena. I speak for the Network of arch-deacons.
We'd accept that, on the condition of being able to check anyone who exits the highway. as such, they'll be a 7ft wall around it, to discourage criminals from using it as a getaway. with that in mind, we accept

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 01:44 PM
UALThis is Prime Minister Horreson. Good to hear from you, Isabelle.

Whilst it will be hard for us to trust you, we must recognize the fact that the UAL is more and more becoming something along it's old lines. A dictatorship you may be, but one by popular consensus, and one whose people are happy in their lot.

We accept such trade, and talks would be fine by us. Also, would you wish to route your space transportation through Waygate? Something of the sort could be arranged, and it would be useful for you, as they work well for earth-space transport

Oh, and we've added a few words behind the scenes. Doors are now opened for you. Looking for a long and prosperous future!

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-08, 01:54 PM
UAL
"Mr...Stryker, was it? I am Daimyo Oda Nobunaga, and I handle the diplomatic matters of the Niten Ichi Empire. We would be more than willing to meet you for a...simple discussion of current affairs between two sovereign nations. If you wish, I can leave immediately.

Greystone
2008-11-08, 01:57 PM
LUNA
That is acceptable Arch Deacon. How about the offer for trade? We honestly want to start favorable ties with other nations

UNE
I understand that my Mothers actions may have been wrong, and I accept your distrust. I honestly want to start anew.

Meetings can be your call, you pick the time and place, and I will be there.

As to waystation you would have to brief me on the ramifications of that

Actions
Cargo ships begin trade with the Nations of the UNE. Construction workers begin to create the road

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 02:04 PM
UAL [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Excellent.

in other news, a large chunk of nations are considering reviving the NUN, At the UNE's request, the group has agreed to offer you membership. are you interested? [/COLOR

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 02:13 PM
UALSimple. Instead of you sending ships straight into space, you can route shipping, through our services, via Waygate.

There's a modest price for hiring a dock, a small charge per landing, paying for Space Traffic Control, and cargo has to be checked ad pass inspection, to ensure no one's smuggling bombs. But there's no tax, and you'll be saving money. The costs to ship something to Waygate are minimal, and will slash the costs of shipping the rest of the distance, as you won't have to use half so much fuel on escaping Earth Orbit.

Eldan
2008-11-08, 02:20 PM
The Silver Belt

Midas hummed as he walked along the outer wall of the spinning habitat, looking at the neatly trimmed lawn curving upwards into the sky in front of him. The other belters had agreed that controlling the UAL actions in the base would fall into the hands of the Aurum XII habitat and his team.
So far, they hadn't found anything extraordinary, but, as open as one wanted to be, the UAL was still seen as a liability by a great many belters.
Columns of brightly-coloured numbers quickly flickered across his arm as the fluorescent nano-implants underneath displayed specifications and data. Well, all seemed well enough so far.

UAL:

The Belters politely ask to inspect the new station before it's put into action. To do so, they send Aurum XII in a close orbit, a habitat specializing on detection technology.

LongVin
2008-11-08, 02:22 PM
NRE

History:

The New Roman Empire

Territories: Italy, Croatia, Corsica, San Marino, Vatican City, Turkey, Malta, Cyprus, Albania, Greece

Solar Territories: Asteroid belt bases(some are secret installations), Base/research center on Titan.

Following the liberation of Rome and the rest of the Empire's holding and the shaky peace that followed, the new Imperial Senate quickly went into efforts to rebuild the infrastructure and the economy of the country. Programs were enacted to bring the country back up to speed in terms of economic and technological development. In contrast to the Umberto years, technology was encouraged to be developed on all fronts even if they didn't have a military function.

The Cult of Umberto***I'm thinking up a more official name, taking suggestions*** and the Prophets of the Red Star merge together into one body with Umberto worship being deemed the official religion of state and that the new Church will have an intimiate part in running the nation with almost no seperated between Church and State.

While most of the military was downsized following the peace in order to put more men into the work force in its place was formed the Holy Office of the Inquisition, like its Catholic Church counterparts these men were responsible to ensure that the will of the God-Emperor be done. These highly trained men are responsible for the defense of the Church(and by extension the state) as well as also helping to carry out justice to outlaws and heretics. While not monks and priests like the Catholic Inquisition, the Umberto Inquisition works closely with monastic movements throughout the Empire and throughout the Church in order to bring them new initiates as well as gain new members.

For the most part the next 100 years brought a large deal of prosperity to the the newly restructured NRE. More people came to the Church of Umberto as the government gave more and more to the people leaving little need for the Inquisition to use a heavy hand. A strong technology industry and a good economy allowed for the NRE to launch its first solar missions to Tita where a research center was established, this was followed by numerous other missions establishing presences throughout the Sol system.

Though, there were times of struggle. In 2210, the Empire was wracked witha near civil war as the still young religion, and scripture-light church was wracked with internal strife. For years there have been two seperate ways of thought on how to approach the divinity of the Eternal-Emperor Umberto. One group, and arguably the first to form believed that Umberto was just a man chosen by God to be his prophet, making Umberto a Saint. To them, Umberto came to warn the people of the Time of Troubles and attempted to avert them. The other group, which came about just after the start of the "Time of Troubles" began and the believed that Umberto was god incarnate and that his "death" was the source of the Time of Troubles. Both groups however believed that the liberation of Rome, was the restoration of God's peace and love to mankind, most due to the self sacrifice of the worshippers of Umberto and the Prophets of the Red Star.

Starting as just dogmatic disagreement between individual churches and priests, it soon escalated in full blown battles between the sects. Not even the Inquisition was free of strife, with members claiming allegiance to both sects. The only thing preventing the entire nation from being plunged into civil war was the nominally secular Imperial military being used to protect government institutions. The Imperial army however was unable to intervene within the internal war of the Church and had to let them fight it out.

Over the next 5 years, both sides launched vicious attacks against the others churches and monasteries, burning books and scriptures that they believed was heresy. The god-emperor sect slowly gained the upperhand rooting out the "saintest." The war also produced the pointless, and largely illogical raiding and capturing of Vatican City by the followers of the god-emperor. Why this was conducted? No one is exactly sure, some say it was too establish a religious powerbase for the Church and others claim is was just to seize the valuables within the ancient city. <<<<<If we have a Papal player, I'll be willing to work out the details of this with you. It would be an interesting point of conflict.>>>>>>>

With most of their forces, churches and monasteries destroyed, the saintest sect finally capitulated after 5 years. The practioners at the defeated church were fined by the triumph Inquisition for their role in supporting the heresy, and the leaders were either executed or brainwashed into supporting the new dogma. The now strongly united Church, using the old Vatican city as its base convened a council to assure that no major heresy can ever strike Church or State again. The council would soldify the dogma and scripture of the Church of Umberto, as well as increasing the powers of the Inquisition. A spiritual leader of the Church was appointed, Prince Amedeo, a member of House Savoy and a cousin to God-Emperor was named "Prophet of Umberto" and given final say on all matters relating to the faith.

Added: The growing number of converts throughout Europe(and even spreading to other parts of the world) allowed for new nations to pledge their allegiance to the New Roman Empire through peaceful referendums once the Church of Umberto obtained a majority or close to a majority within the nations. Within the past 15 years, Malta, Crete, Albania and Greece have all willingly joined with the NRE. And, just recently, Turkey, the last nation not to be associated with a power bloc accepted the way of Umberto, somewhat reluctantly and joined with the NRE.

Key players of the NRE:

The God-Emperor Umberto: While officially dead, Umberto is the eternal head of state of the New Roman Empire. He is worshipped as a god and it is believed that he will one day return to Rome to lead the Church, Empire and mankind into a golden age.

The Imperial Senate: The senate serves as the legislative body of the Empire, responsible for the day to day runnings of the Empire as well as the Imperial military. The senate is largely influenced by the Church of Umberto, but it maintains itself as a seperate entity responsible for the more mundane matters of the state.

Prince Amedeo, Prophet of Umberto: The aging leader of the Church of Umberto, he is the spiritual leader for all Umberto worshippers across the solar system. He is largely believed to be even the real ruler of the New Roman Empire with his word having the power of the God-Emperor behind it. He has been the head of the Church for over 35 years now even as his health has begun to fail, there is much concern over who will replace him. Some in the church say that another relative of the god-emperor must be chosen, of which there are a few in the Church. Others claim that any high ranking church member should able to claim the title Prophet of Umberto. There is a strong fear that another civil war will take place.

Grand Inquisitor Rudoph Tolwyn: Tolwyn, a tyrol German-Italian serves as the current Grand Inquisitor for Church and State. Tolywn has run the Inquisition ruthlessly vastly improving its military and intelligence services even expanding into space and creating several new religious martial orders. The Inquisition is often to believed to be stronger than the true Imperial military. While the Inquisition is deemed part of the state, the Senate has no control over it. Likewise, the Inquisition and Tolwyn are not supposed to have any control over the Imperial military, however Tolwyn's power does allow him to arrest any member of the Imperial military, including generals for heresy, though this power has rarely been used for obvious reasons.

Spacial expansion: Colonies and Star Bases

The Imperial Senate today has approved new measures in an attempt to help eliminate the massive overpopulation that currently exists on Earth and within the New Roman Empire.

1. Creation of a large orbital space station: Nemi Station will be a large scale star base positioned in a Geosyncronous orbit over the Med. It's primary focus will be to serve as a waystation between Terrestrial Imperial positions and installations throughout the system. To facilliate this, Nemi station will feature a large living space able to accomodate many thousands of citizens as well as numerous shipyards and factories. Nemi station will be defended by both the Inquisition and the Imperial military and a wide array of weapons will be deployed to the station to keep would be attackers at bay.

The station will be constructed with a combination of public and private money.

2. Expansion of Titan: Titan base will be prepped to expand into a full scale colony. Engineers on Titan will begin construction of new living modules for colonists. On Earth, the NRE will be establishing a program to allow citizens to sign up to be part of the first wave of colonists. If the number exceeds the governmental transport limit of 250,000, a lottery will be set up to determine who will be in the first wave of colonists. Additionally, anyone who signs up and doesn't make the lottery will be given the chance to book private passage on one of the Empire's civilian liners if they can so afford it.

If this program is succesful, which it is believed that it will be there are plans to follow it with an additional expansion of Titan as well as the construction of new colonies throughout Sol.

Church of Umberto announces missionary expansion: Prince Amedeo, Prophet of Umberto has decided to allow a large scale missionary movement to begin in Eastern Europe. This was done at the behest of the numerous monastic orders who believe that the spreading of the faith is a necessary step before the return of the God-Emperor.

New monasteries and Churches will be formed throughout Yugoslavia, Macedonia, and Bulgaria. The word of the God-Emperor will be spread to the unenlightened masses of these territories where they will not only be promised the splendors of the afterlife but also the chance to be freed from the bounds of Earth by joining the Church so they can become eligable to join one of the Monastic orders in space or be allowed to settle in an Imperial colony.

The_JJ
2008-11-08, 03:36 PM
Try a little more prosey kind of way of doing things. Put your actions in spoilers. More... showing, not telling.

Oh, and proof read.

Mizka
2008-11-08, 04:18 PM
United traiders

Today me Miniaanri the lord of the United traider's walked in my ship nervosly
because this days challengin work. I were had to create senate which consisting
from 15 men good men one of them would be chosed to second highest leader of my senate. The senator entered to my cabin and after little conversation with the I asked other's to leave but except one of them Mahdilius wich would be the highest senator in my senate.

"Mahdilius" I said and continued "i have chosed you to be the highes senator in my senate"

"What?" Mahdilius asked

"Yes i have chose you to take that job" I answered

"Yes yes i understand... But why me?" Mahdilius

"Because you are the cleverest and bravest aspirant for that" Miniaanri

"Now go. Fill your duty and will you give my order to naval that they will start equip them selves for trading in solar system. Tell them to build more cargo space ships". Miniaanri end's the conversation and shows Mahdilius to go.
actions:rising the moral and economy

To all
I offer trading partner ship to all whose intrested

Sorry about that upper post and ty for the_jj :smallsmile:

Mizka
2008-11-08, 04:19 PM
NRE

he means mine :smallwink:

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 04:21 PM
United TradersIf you can provide the ships, and protection, the UNE is open for trade. Interested?

Mizka
2008-11-08, 04:27 PM
United TradersIf you can provide the ships, and protection, the UNE is open for trade. Interested?
To UNE

I'll can't provide ships now but my soldiers are loyal to you if whe start trading
but when i get something to sell and trade. Sure i sell ships (when i get) ;) we can talk about prize of them now ;D

The_JJ
2008-11-08, 04:41 PM
One! Two! One! Two! Oh come on, my grandfather's brother could do better than that! Again!
Sir yes sir! the recruit belted out in between gasps.
Less yapping more working. One! Two! That's it. Corperal, take over.
Sir. Alright recruit, you did it so well last time, I want to see you do it again. One! Two!
The shouts faded behind the Sergeant as she entered her office. Someone was waiting. Hello Ozy.
Alsa.
What's the new news?
The Kin that joined up last week are coming along well.
You do realize that you are supposed to be in charge of all the recruits in the Maldives?
What can I say? We're very pack oriented. he shrugged, and grinned.
Yeah, just so long as it's the Ninth Pack of the Company, ok? Now try again Ozy, what's the new news. Sergeant Mina Alsa Sufe
I was getting there. Nothing special to report. I've got another squad trained up and ready to ship out.
Good. You got the plans? The Kin nodded. Good. I've got to go change for a meeting. Somehow I think sweaty fatigues just won't cut it.
Who are you going to go meet?
What? Oh, either my great-uncle or my namesake. Now shoo, Oz. I gotta change.
Yes Sergeant.

(this is mostly fluff, so you can go ahead and ignore it...)

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 04:42 PM
UTOOC... err... your an orbital power, and trading group. You haven't got any sort of trade fleet? WHAT? How do you propose to trade then?

And if you've got economy, you've got stuff to trade, if only consumer durables.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 04:44 PM
Mina Horrenson speaks on Overpopulation

The UNE executive fully recognizes the problems caused by overpopulation. Naturally, colonization efforts in Antarctica are to be stepped up, as is re-settlment in Japan. However, the major answer to the problems is, of course, the solar colonies.

Therefor, we wish to announce publicly, that transport and re-settlement programs to all existing colonies is available, via Waygate, courstasy of the UNE. Fees are minimal, designed to account for transport costs rather that to turn a profit for the UNE. Private re-settlement programs are welcome to open up opperation, and you may be eligible for a dock on Waygate. Contact us.

Cornerstone's death

Today marked the 30 year anniversary of Prime Minister Cornerstone's death. The man once hailed as the great champion of democracy and founder of the Union passed away overnight, having refused Ghosting treatment. In celebration of the life of a true hero of the UNE, parades and parties take place throughout UNE territory, the mood getting up-beat as people start ever more doing what Cornerstone did, all those years ago. Looking to the future..

Mizka
2008-11-08, 04:50 PM
we are always interested which comes to selling wy the heck we are United trader’s ^^ :smallsmile:

Mizka
2008-11-08, 04:59 PM
To UNE

of course we have ship’s for trade but not for sale sry if you misunderstand me sometimes (bad english) sry

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 05:01 PM
UTBut you've got nothing to sell, worth that sort of trip?

How about buying? It still stimulates the economy, and probably works better? I can sell you stuff from Earth.

Edit; Ah, now I've got you. So, now it's just a question of what to buy and sell. And what price you want.

You'r a long way from earth. Anything you want? We can cut shiping costs by routing things thru WayGate.

Mizka
2008-11-08, 05:12 PM
UTBut you've got nothing to sell, worth that sort of trip?

How about buying? It still stimulates the economy, and probably works better? I can sell you stuff from Earth.

Edit; Ah, now I've got you. So, now it's just a question of what to buy and sell. And what price you want.

You'r a long way from earth. Anything you want? We can cut shiping costs by routing things thru WayGate.

ANSWER
yes would like buy stuff from you and i’d like sell it to, you too so like i buy troops u get something for exhange them (argh hard to write correctly what i mean)

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 05:15 PM
UT Ah. Starting to get you. Don't worry.

We've got a good weapons industry. You aren't in the process of building up a conquering army, so if you want to buy weapons, power armor, mecha.... We can roll with that.

Anything in return?

LongVin
2008-11-08, 05:19 PM
Message to the All Solar Nexus

The NRE would like to hire the services of the Solar Nexus to help supply our growing colony on Titan and our smaller colonies throughout the asteroid belt. We would need to Solar Nexus ships to help transport supplies as well as serve as passenger ships for hire, for those who opt to pay their own way to these colonies.

We will handle security for these movements.

Mizka
2008-11-08, 05:24 PM
UT Ah. Starting to get you. Don't worry.

We've got a good weapons industry. You aren't in the process of building up a conquering army, so if you want to buy weapons, power armor, mecha.... We can roll with that.

Anything in return?

if i wanna buy about 200 mechs how many ships you need for them ¿

Moral Wiz
2008-11-08, 05:33 PM
UTWell, their 80ft tall. So, after their in orbit... I dunno. What sized ships have you got?

Oh. Do you mean ships as payment? Or for transporting the Mechs to you?

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 05:40 PM
Ut
we'd be interested in trade

Eldan
2008-11-08, 05:46 PM
The Silver Belt

Trade, trade, trade. It was always about the money. Sarga understood the meaning behind the concept, even though her habitat had abolished it in favor of simple barter. It only worked in a small habitat with three hundred people, of course. The Earthlings would want something else for their goods.
The good thing was, the Belters sat directly on the greatest deposit of easily available minerals, which just happened to be the Belt. Well then, let them get what they want. She took the small communicator from her belt.
""Crow? I think we should go ahead with the project."
"Well, if you think so... we all trust your judgement, you know that."
"Good, then. Begin production of the equipment, we'll haul in X49912-1234 and X23495-2594 next week, they seem to be promising."

Plans

The Silver Belt focuses a large part of it's production on mining equipment, trying to haul in large amounts of ore and rare metal for trade with other nations.
Also, when increasing trade, many of the belters don't really trust the other nations, so the rest (about 30%) will go in defensive measures. Cannons, point defence, and so on. They'll keep as much of it as possible hidden.
They will also focus their research on
a) Terraforming and Habitat building, their specialty.
and
b) Measures against psychics, they are seen as dangerous for the Belt's freedom.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-08, 06:07 PM
ARCH offers an alliance with UAL

ARCH leader Will Rowe announced today that he would like to establish an alliance with UAL. His words: "While I never got along with your mother, can we forgive those past sins, and form a new partnership, united by trust of the other nation, Isabella? If you accept, I'd like to invite you to a celebration on Valhalla. What do you say, Isabella? Will you forget the hatred and spite of yesteryear?

Rowe remembers Cornerstone once more

As he has done for the past 30 years, Rowe again orders the anniversary of the death of Prime Minister Cornerstone, his close friend, to be a day of celebration for the good things Cornerstone did during his comparatively short life. Rowe offers a few words about his old friend. "Cornerstone was a honorable man, a just man, and a shrewd man. His enemies and allies alike respected him and dealt with him, if not his nation, fairly. He did the best with the situation one hundreds ago, trying to not lead the UNE in pointless wars. We should all follow his example."

Valhalla gains new head of security

After the recent death of Walter Kovac, the head of security for Valhalla, ARCH has appointed Walter's son, Stefan Kovac as the new head. Stefan addresses ARCH in his acceptance speech, and any nation willing to broadcast his speech. "Hello everyone. My name is Stefan Kovac, and I have made some changes in the running of Valhalla. One, any foreign visitor to Valhalla, whether rich or poor, powerful or 'just another cog in the machine' everyone must have their DNA tested upon arriving in Valhalla. It is my hope that this will cut down on assassins and unfriendly agents running around in ARCH."

ARCH expands science endeavors

With the UNE's permission, ARCH establishes several joint institutes and research complexes throughout UNE and ARCH territory, especially Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Finland.

This act was done to further increase the bond between ARCH and the UNE, and hopefully increase scientific progress significantly.

@Black Hand

How would you like to not have to pay officials to look the other way in your dealings? We are willing to order ARCH officials to ignore your actions in ARCH-owned territories if the Black Hand does a certain task for us. This will mean that you will have a better economy, and become richer.

Covertly seek out and find any rogue scientists in ARCH, or other nations, that have technology of any interest to ARCH.

So, are you willing to accept this offer?

@Belters
Would you willing to provide ARCH with a small amount of rare metals and minerals if we established a joint research facility or two in the belt? The research made there would go to both nations, but would be primarily for your use. What do you say? I'm sure it'd be beneficial for most of you, if not all.

Sayn
2008-11-08, 06:08 PM
UT
The Machine Technocracy would be interested in a trade agreement between us.

Eldan
2008-11-08, 06:19 PM
ARCH

The Belt holds no bias against any nation of this system.
We agree to joint research under one condition, that every nation that wishes to trade with the Belt has to play along with: we want to check these research installments, and make sure that they do not contain espionage equipment or weapons, or any way of harming the belt.
We are sure that you understand that the Belt can not afford to risk it's freedom. In exchange, we can provide you with all the metallic resources you might need.

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 06:34 PM
Address by Cardinal Williams, head of security and the Secret Service.

Today I am announcing the beginning of a large-scale crackdown on organized crime. I would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused by over-zealous officers or searches. but quite simply, the amount of influence interplanetary organizations have in our territories is worrying.

BHOP, black hand
curb your activities in our territory now, or face the consequences.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-08, 06:45 PM
ARCH

The Belt holds no bias against any nation of this system.
We agree to joint research under one condition, that every nation that wishes to trade with the Belt has to play along with: we want to check these research installments, and make sure that they do not contain espionage equipment or weapons, or any way of harming the belt.
We are sure that you understand that the Belt can not afford to risk it's freedom. In exchange, we can provide you with all the metallic resources you might need.

Belters

Of course. No military or espionage tech, as you request. Only tech for civillain use. Just for curiosity's sake, what do you want to research first?

Greystone
2008-11-08, 07:47 PM
Belters:
Any attempts to analyze the station are received. They are given the full tour, and the hosts are receptive. They give of the feeling of "We don't want to get or give any problems.

Nothing is out off place

ARCH
I would be happy to join you for a celebration, I hope we can usher in an era of trust between us.

LUNA
I would be happy to join NUN, for I believe that will be benefical for all.

UNE
If it will indeed raise profits then fine by me. I am not shipping anything unethical or unlawful anyway

Response to anniversary
The UAL as a whole do not recognize the day, but Isabella and her brother Marcus both take the day to mourn and celebrate the life of a great man.

Eldan
2008-11-08, 07:51 PM
ARCH:

We are open for suggestions on research goals, since we know your side has the more advanced scientists. We are, however, ready to assist. Whatever we might find, it will have a use.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-08, 08:52 PM
Belters
Excellent. ARCH recommends that you research a series of robots, non-sentient of course, designed for mining and such in harsh conditions, such as in the Belt, and outside a typical Belt settlement's atmosphere.

These robots will also be able to analyze data, especially on material and offer basic, vague suggestions on what you could use this data on, based on the focus the current Belters who are using it are taking.

Sound acceptable?

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-08, 09:18 PM
Hand response to Arch
Your offer is intriguing, did you have any particular scientists in mind? We also have a problem that your technical expertise could help us with. We are willing to pay top dollar.

Hand response to Papal crackdown
Shortly after the crackdown starts, the severed horse heads are found in the beds of several prominent officials. (Tests reveal that the heads where grown artificially and where never actually attached to horses.) Notes where attached to all of them. They were all in a similar vein.

"This crackdown has to stop. We can work out some sort of deal. And if you don't come to the table rest assured, we can hurt you more than you can hurt us."

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 09:33 PM
Union response to Hand what sort of deal do you have in mind? and how exactly would yo hurt us? your networks are tied to ours, and crashing all electronic databases in the system is the only way to kill an arch-deacon, let alone a cardinal from that point on, fields were put up around all government buildings and the houses of government employee's at night. and Network forces take up all security work. robots don't nap, and garroting them takes a bit more effort

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-08, 09:53 PM
Response to Papacy
Turf wars are expensive. We would be willing to pay protection and give you a cut of the profits. What good is redemption without sin? Unless the church is cracking down in order to provide its citizens with both? We don't hurt anybody who didn't ask for it. If you let us stay, we will keep quite. If we have to leave it will leave a major power vacuum, organized crime has its faults but the alternative creates violence and unnecessary blood shed. We don't want to hurt anybody but we will if you give us no option. We aren't willing to give away our plans, but if you try to push us out we wont go quietly.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-08, 10:11 PM
BHOP response to Papal crackdown

Pirates focus on raiding Papal trade routes.

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 10:20 PM
Hand okay, let me make a few things clear, if we're going o have an arrangement like this, you'll have to not use our territories as bases for any system-wide scheme's, make sure that the crime rate doesn't go up, and turn up the heat on the NRE. in exchange, we'll not go after you, however, any murders or any reported crimes, and we'll catch the culprits, we just won't see the connection

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-08, 10:37 PM
Hand to the Papal Union
Deal. We will give you names and locations of perverts and those that step out of line, to keep arrest numbers up. We will see what we can do about the NRE. If you want something specific, you will have to pay like anyone else.

puppyavenger
2008-11-08, 10:42 PM
Hand nothing specific, just make sure that the terriores they claim aren't peacefull utopia's

the Network forces keep their word

RationalGoblin
2008-11-08, 11:13 PM
Hand

Yes. Grand Inquisitor Rudoph Tolwyn, the leader of the NRE Inquisition. Steal any technology he has found and/or created for the Inquisition. Otherwise from that, any scientist that could provide useful tech for ARCH.

As for your technical problem, what is it? We're willing to help with it, if you are in fact offering top dollar, and this isn't a bluff.

Pirates

Brotherhood of Pirates, this is ARCH. How would you like a deal that will make you very powerful pirates? You raid the Belters (without making it known that ARCH wants you to do this, of course) and ARCH either pays you, or improves your.. well.. pirating technology?

Niten
While ARCH contributed a token force to stopping your the Emperor, we do not bear you any ill will. It was simply a matter of politics. Our allies would've turned on ARCH if we aided you. So, how would you like to start a new, relatively secret partnership with ARCH? A simple trade of technologies would suffice, for now.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-08, 11:49 PM
To ARCH

The deal is accepted for the technology

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-08, 11:59 PM
Pirate raids on Papacy trade routes:

The Pirates have ceased raids on Papacy trade routes and in Mercury.

Mizka
2008-11-09, 03:23 AM
UTWell, their 80ft tall. So, after their in orbit... I dunno. What sized ships have you got?

Oh. Do you mean ships as payment? Or for transporting the Mechs to you?

yes i mean ships as an payment

Mizka
2008-11-09, 03:35 AM
Do we have money chosed in this like what we all can use that would be beter for exchange and the cost of troops, ships and mechs ec. would be beter to realize.
Like one soldier in market prize cost's is like 22UC (Universal cash)
and mechs like 200-255 UC
and ships more like 800-1000 UC :smallbiggrin:
just an suggestion =)

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 05:06 AM
UTIt's an interesting point.

On on that ratio, about 4 mecha to a ship. The ships being armed, medium sized, cruiser like things?

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-09, 05:26 AM
The Dual Moons

Research:
We're researching robots.

Budget:

3/12 on our campaign to get other planets in the Dual Moons.
1/6 on developing other nations.
1/6 on propogana
1/6 on police and crime preventors.
1/12 on the belt propoganda.
1/6 on health care and education.

The Dual Moons still haven't interacted with the other major players much yet but they have interacted with the other small moons instead. In fact they have spent a large amount of their money in order to help their fellow undeveloped nation when disaster happens upon them.

Giving the Belters a new option.

The Dual Moon spend some of their efforts and money spreading the good news about the utopia which is the Dual Moons. One of the main ideas they bring up is the idea that they should create a new (habitat or whatever its called) that was part of the Dual Moons.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 05:44 AM
The Machine Technocracy
The Machine Technocracy
"The human body is a machine. Sure, it is mostly water and some other elements, but it is still a machine. Why, then, is it so strange for us to want to improve this machine, through the replacement of old parts with new and better ones, or by adding entirely new components? Anyone who does not want to realize that this is perfectly natural, should open their eyes and see the truth."

The Scientist, in the interview "Mind and Machine".

Territories: Australia, and three large space stations named Vision, Hope and Equilibrium, two of which is placed in orbit around the Earth. Vision is currently orbiting Mars.

The Machine People started out as a group of people who shared the same vision for the future. A future where humans and machines are indistinguishable from one another. The first members of this group came from Pandora, and shared some of their views and ideas, but also felt that their vision of the future was different. Different enough to split from the others. This group quickly gained members, and grew into something more than a mere gathering for like-minded people. It grew into a whole nation. It might not be the largest of nations, but it's more than enough to suit their tastes. They gained influence in Australia, eventually claiming the continent for themselves. Technology is everything to them. Hell, they are technology on some level, since all members of this nation has some mechanical part. Some have even uploaded their consciousness to a huge data network, and are now more like fully sentient AIs, if with a more human touch than the man-made intelligences who inhabit their matrix.

They do not, however, say that machines are superior to humans. A vital point in their ideology is that humans possess many talents that machines most likely won't be able to achieve on their own for a very, very long time. The main talent being the unquestioned creativity that humans possess. Without it, the human species would never have gotten as far as it has. They strive to utilize the advantages of both human and machine, and to use the strengths of one to make up for the weaknesses of the other.
Their technology is strong, and the citizens are bound together by ideology and a common goal for the future. However, since the Machine Technocracy is in the end a nation of scientists and researchers, their military is not strong at all. They have troops, enhanced with bio machinery, but they are few in numbers and only serve as a defensive force. Their lands and stations are tightly guarded with heavy machinery and large guns, but they are stationary and cannot be used in an invasion. On top of that, the Machine Technocracy has never shown that it has any interest in the politics of other nations. Most outsiders distrust the Machine Technocracy, mainly because of their views on humanity. They fear that they are trying to give machines superiority over humans, and that doesn't sit well with most people. This is mainly because most people doesn't know about the true ideals and goals of the Technocracy, and since the nation doesn't seem to care what others think, they probably will never know.

The Machine Technocracy is (obviously) a technocracy, and as such only choose the most skilled of it's people to work in the government. Most things are taken care of by AIs and computers, but there are still humans in the government. They are in charge of the military, foreign relations and things that require a certain amount of adaptivity and creativity to handle efficiently.

Notable NPCs (The "humans" do not need names, since they are the only ones with their title, and they have given up their individuality for the greater good of the nation):

Alpha, Beta and Zeta: The three AIs that makes the nation work. They handle most of the governmental duties. Alpha is the "master", and Beta is the "servant". Alpha takes care of the things with the highest priority and Beta takes care of less urgent things. Zeta fills in wherever it is needed, and serves as a back-up for the other two should they ever be shutdown without prior warning.

The Voice: A man who is a bit further from humanity than the rest of the government. He/it serves as the negotiator, public speaker and as the diplomatic face of the Machine Technocracy. He has been in service for as long as the nation has existed, and he shows no signs of ever needing to be replaced.

The General: A woman who showed from early age that she had a talent for war. She climbed in the ranks with ease, and has shown to have tactical skill beyond any of her subjects. She is has a tanned look, and her left arm and leg are obviously mechanical replacements. She has other implants as well, though none as obvious as those two, and not nearly as many as the Voice.

The Scientist: A man which controls the scientific efforts of the nation. He is old, and has many mechanical parts, mainly in his brain. He has long been one of the foremost researchers of the nation, and he truly deserved his current title

New AI, Gamma, to be put in charge of the research efforts in Australia.

For some time now, work has been undergoing on a new, sentient AI. It has been put in charge of the research efforts in Australia, and has been adapted to suit the job perfectly. Over the course of a few months, the AI will learn and adapt its code to optimize its efficiency. It will coordinate between different labs, route data more efficiently and perform several other tasks involving the labs and universities around Australia. It will also gather up the research data being sent from Equilibrium, Vision and Hope, and send it where it is most wanted and needed.
We all give our best wishes to Gamma, and hope that he finds his new job stimulating!

Emissaries sent to other nations, to tell other sentient machines and AI:s that they are most welcome here.

In an effort to help the other sentient machines and AI:s out in the world, several emissaries has been sent out to spread the message of our nation. Alpha told the public earlier this month that measures were being taken to ensure that our brothers and sisters in the world would be given the right to choose. A right they should be given just as plainly as any human. Alpha also sent word to all countries involved that this is not a hostile move, and should not be considered as such. This is simply done out of concern for our kindred.
The Emissaries are sent wherever they might be allowed to enter, and will try to get their message out to all sentient machines. They will give them the choice of staying where they are, or if they would like to join the Machine Technocracy.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 05:54 AM
The emissaries were received warmly in the UNE. Whilst there is no list of AI presences within the UNE, the officials the Technocracy encounter are totally happy to help them spread their message in any way

Encrypted, UNE central executive to AlphaLiberty is a fundamental right. It is good of you to send such emissaries, given the prejudice AIs face in some areas.

If you wish any assistance in this endevour, simply ask, and we will help you how we can.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-09, 06:04 AM
The Dual Moons

The Machine Technocaracy

I am afraid we cannot allow you to spread your message. Maybe in the future but now we are a new nation and require the help of our few Artifical Intelligences to make life be tter for everyone.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 06:18 AM
UNE; Alpha's response to UNE central executive
We are most pleased to see that there are like-minded people in the world. We hope that this is merely the pretext for a prospering friendship.

The Dual Moons
That is, of course, your choice. We will ask again some other time.

Eldan
2008-11-09, 06:21 AM
Belters response to Technocracy Emissaries (Public)

It has always been the custom of the belt to let every citizen choose, and the definition of citizen has always been about the ability to choose. Our AIs were always as free to leave as any human was, and if they wish to join the Technocracy, good luck to them.

Mizka
2008-11-09, 09:11 AM
THIS IS ONLY THOUGH NOT ORDERS OR PLANS

For ppl who are intrested about trading troops,mechs,armors,weppons to ships or buy ships cargo and war
because i'm going to built massive space armor and shipyard

if you are intreseted about trading stuff or sell and buy PM me.
This because i can more clearly understand our trading prize and stuff and your point about trading (badenglish) :D

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/taosw/shadow2.jpg
also check out heavy battle frigate (on planning)

With all spicy things like cupholder XD and heavy railguns and EMP bombs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/HandofBobb/FVCS/Frigate1.jpg
and my cargo ship(s)

http://portfolio.shaunsgallery.co.uk/s1.jpg

Just som stuff
Mech

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/characters/mech-robots-pack/character-sci-fi-3D-lowpoly-mech-robots-collection_14.jpg

Normal Blaster

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/4285/mains/M41A%20Pulse%20Rifle_0000.jpg

Heavy Blaster

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/758/mains/preview_Gun01.jpg
Anti-Mech gun

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/760/mains/preview_Gun03.jpg

Anti-aircraft(spacecraft) too

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/sf-tanks/tank-09_01.jpg

Picture from space pirates

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/macbernick/pirate-space-ship.jpg

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 09:52 AM
The Machine Technocracy

Interesting plan you have there. You're planning on having AI's join you, but you already have enough of them that it doesn't hurt you if they refuse, so you're giving a choice.

On a side note, what do you say to a certain type of AI's, the mind of whom is based off a brain scan of a human? The only AI's ARCH has are ten highly advanced AI agents, gifted with robot bodies. Their minds are based off of a brain scan of Will Rowe, ARCH's leader. Their minds have been further split into categories to enhance their capabilities. For example, one is based off of Rowe's memories, and focuses on that. Another is based off Rowe's logic.

All of them are technically the human that they serve with not enforced programming, but with loyalty. So, would they count as conventional AI's according to your standards?

In any case, though these ten are the only sentient AI's we have, your Emissaries are welcome here.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 12:06 PM
ARCH
We have several of those as well, and the main difference between us is most likely the fact that we do not count AI:s as mere AI:s, and humans as mere humans. No, we count everyone of them as sentient beings. And if they are sentient, then they deserve a choice. Of course, if they feel that they wish to stay, then so be it. At least they will have been given a choice.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 12:13 PM
Machine Technocracy Emissaries to the UNEErr... as we don't know where any AIs in the UNE, how do you wanna play this?

The_JJ
2008-11-09, 12:16 PM
Hmm... lotta chatter boss. the tall figure muttered as another report came in.
Yep. Good news? Bad news?
Hard to say. It's all encrypted, of course, but... well, we'll see. Not much for us to do until somebody calls us up.
Well... a few things.
Ok, nothing much for me to do. Everyone else is busy. Except the Ceasar, and they'll be moving soon enough, to. Hmm...
What is it?
It's this report here. I guess we let some of the guys stay out of rotation on the cushy jobs too long. Some of the guys are getting restless. At least that's what my reports are saying.
Just bring 'em in and get them back into boot camp. That should do the trick.
Yeah boss, that's what I was figuring.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 12:18 PM
UNE
Simply allow them to stay there, should any sentient machines/AI:s ever show up. You may keep strict watch over them, if you should like, but let us assure you that they are by no means spies.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 12:23 PM
Machine TechnocracyCertainly. But if you wish, do you wish to start an advertising campaign, looking for AIs? Just because we have no record doesn't mean there aren't any.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 12:25 PM
UNE
That is an excellent idea! Maybe we could get some AI:s to step out of hiding. Would you like to be in charge of this campaign, as it is your territory?

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 12:31 PM
Machine TechnocracyNah. We can't be seen to prioritize foreign interests. At least not that obviously. The nationalists would have a fit.

You guys take charge. We'll give you preferential treatment where we can, interviews, news coverage at the start of the campaign, stuff like that. You've got our full permission to do stuff like that.

OOC, feel free to have a BBC reporter interview Alpha. That'd be funny. :smallamused:

Sayn
2008-11-09, 12:36 PM
UNE
So be it. We will need time to prepare, of course. But we'll get back to you once we have a plan in place.

OOC: Oh dear gawd that would be interesting to write. xD

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 12:43 PM
Machine Technocracy

Hey. We can't help you directly, but we can still plot together

A simple ad campaign, using a combination of the internet, satellite TV and public events would raise the profile of the Technocracy's efforts efficiantly, no?

Sayn
2008-11-09, 12:45 PM
UNE
Quite efficiently, indeed.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 12:49 PM
Machine TechnocracySo... you wanna go with that? We can't be in charge officially, but under the table, we can draw up a program for you to run with.

The_JJ
2008-11-09, 12:51 PM
Lotta chatter Earthside boss.

It concern us?

Only in the way a war might. But... we're gonna have to be careful taking full scale contracts. Don't want to take pay from one side and then find out we're the only ones fighting for them. This much chatter, can't tell who's chatting up who, much less what's going on in private.

I'll bear that in mind. See you tommorow Jamlamin, don't worry yourself to death over chatter you can't decrypt.

Yeah, if you say so, boss.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 12:52 PM
UNE
That sounds like a plan. Let us say that you have gone a long way to earn our trust. We are most grateful.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 12:58 PM
Machine TechnocracyYou flatter us, I think, more than we deserve. Remember, we can't aid you directly. You'll be footing the bill for this campaign.

Still, we can help you, as I say. You've got preferential treatment, and we can draw up a campaign document that'll gain maximum efficiency at minimal costs.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 01:03 PM
UNE
We do not mind having to pay. Perhaps we should move this to more secure channels, if there is to be continued discussions?

OOC: We're cluttering the thread up a little, maybe PM's are to be preferred?

LongVin
2008-11-09, 02:12 PM
Opening relations with the UAL

The New Roman Empire in the interest of peace and unity in our time would like to extend a hand of friendship and bury the hostilities of the past that had previously existed between our two nations.

We are interested in establishing a non-aggression pact, as well as opening up trade relations with the the UAL.

Technology exchange with ARCH

The NRE would like to engage in a technology exchange between our two nations. We are currently researching many interesting items that will be extremely beneficial to both our nations and no doubt your excellent scientific staff is doing likewise.

It is only wise that we aid each other in these scientific endeveaors for the betterment of mankind.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 02:15 PM
ARCH
"Well now...if it isn't the great Technissiah himself. Still trying to move the world with a lever, eh? Hahaha. Anyways, I'm Izuna, and I handle everything relating to science and technology in my lord's domain, so I'm the man you want to be talking to.

I suppose a tech trade would do nicely. What exactly of my blood, sweat, and tears do you want?"

UAL (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5254297&postcount=8)

LongVin
2008-11-09, 02:21 PM
Message to the UNE

While the NRE and the UNE have not gotten along in the past, we believe it is time for us to let bygones be bygones and open up new relations between our countries and restore diplomatic contact. Silence between nations can quickly turn deadly when they are not able to discuss any issues and differences that arise between them. We do not want to see another war on Earth and we hope that the UNE does not wish to see one either.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 02:32 PM
Reply to the NREThis is Mina Horrenson, member of the Executive. We too wish for no war on Earth, and are desirous of diplomatic ties.

That is to say, we would accept a reinstatement of diplomatic ties, but we... hear things of you. Plots and schemes that heavily bely your words of peace.

Given this, combined with your plans for a station seemingly designed to compete with Waygate, our own crowning jewel, we are highly reluctant to believe you in this. Certainly not until the matters are cleared up.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 02:34 PM
Niten
Pumpkin, did you read my earlier call to you?

NRE
"I will agree to a non-aggression pact between the two of our nations in the hope of lasting peace. Unfortunatly we would require all goods to be screened and ships searched until we can be sure of your intentions

Machine Technocracy
Your envoys are welcome to an extent. They will not be allowed access to UAL frequencies and computers. Instead in your embassy we shall set up your own personal connection. This is merely a precaution, we have a history of A.I.'s causing us internal problems, we mean no offense. We would like to trade both Technology and goods to strengthen both nations. A small alliance I believe could be in order

New Sovereignty of Europa
This is Dr. Lucien Brisby, head of Jupiter Base. Since we are quite near to you, what would you say if we opened up trade between our two groups?

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I responded twice, Grey. Look at my last post.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 02:38 PM
I, I was unaware of the hyperlink my bad

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 02:39 PM
Don't worry about it.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 02:45 PM
Niten

Indeed, I will await your arrival Daimyo Oda. We have much to discuss

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 03:03 PM
UAL
"Excellent. I shall leave at once."

Sayn
2008-11-09, 03:16 PM
UAL
Of course. We have no intention of imposing on you, and if you wish to take such precautions, then that is entirely your choice.

And as for a small alliance... We have interests in trading technology. We do not really have much use for most biological technology, but we do have interests in a better understanding of the brain and the nervous system. Perhaps you would be interested in learning more about complex machinery? We are among the best in the world on that stage, after all.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 03:34 PM
Technocracy
Thank you for agreeing, let me assure you that it was not a slight.

My name is Saber, head of Internal affairs. I believe that it can be arranged for our scientists to exchange information. You see the UAL focuses on Bio-Mechanics, the mix of Biological and Mechanical sciences. It is our crowning glory. Scientists will be sent soon.

Niten
Should it be IC or IC PM?

Actions
Trade is upped. Space trade comes through Waystation. Scientific information is swapped

(Though I keep ZPE to myself)

we do this in a hope to further inflate our economy and Technical level

Eldan
2008-11-09, 03:41 PM
ARCH:

We agree so far. It was our intention to focus on mining technology anyway, to improve our industry, which is dependant on mining. Mining robots it is, then.

Actions:

The Belt and Arch engange in joint investigation for mining technology, especially independent mining robots-

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 03:44 PM
Niten

Indeed. Of course, to continue your analogy, if you lives for over a hundred years, you start looking for better sticks to move the world with.

What tech do you have that you're willing to share with me? I'm willing to share ARCH's well-known advanced sonic technology.

NRE

Of course. What are you exchanging? I'm sure we could find something worthwhile to trade.

Machine Technocracy

Ah, I see. We've spoken to the ten AI's, and they all want to stay with ARCH, but have expressed a desire to worker closer with your Technocracy. I suppose that's alright.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 03:50 PM
UAL
My name is Gamma. I'm the newly appointed head of Science, under the direct supervision of our most beloved Scientist. Our specialties lie in machinery, the integration of this machinery into the human body and mind, and in some cases the integration of the human mind into machines. Such as the AI:s created by scanning human brains. We hope that this collaboration will bear fruit for both nations. We will send scientists to you as well.

ARCH
That would be a most compelling task. What would they wish to collaborate on?

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 03:59 PM
Machine Technocracy

Espionage actions, mostly. And studies on how the same mind, broken into different parts can work. They're willing to undergo tests. Of course, for undergoing this, they would like more "family" members to interact with. A few of them are based off human emotions, after all. So, we'll need some of your more advanced AI technology. Is this acceptable?

Sayn
2008-11-09, 04:03 PM
ARCH
Family members. Are you proposing that we create more copies, more AI:s, while slightly altering them to create more individuals?

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 04:07 PM
Technocracy

Indeed. That would be most acceptable. In exchange, the original ARCH AI's will help you with various actions.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 04:31 PM
UAL
IC PM. That way, there's no chance of even accidental snooping

ARCH
"Sonic Tech, eh? Doesn't really have too much effect in a place with no atmosphere, don't you think? Is that all you're willing to offer, or would you be willing to just pay some cash for some of our tech?"

Acquisition of Former Territories
"My name is Takeda Shingen. I work for Emperor Minamoto, and I handle the economic aspects of the Niten Ichi Empire. I have been working with the UNE directorate on a proposal: The Niten Ichi is interested is buying back some of our mining facilities that were lost during the war. The UNE are willing to foot the bill for us, and we will pay them back other time. However, if anyone wishes to part with some territory in exchange for a little extra width in their wallets, I would ask that you speak to both myself and the UNE directorate about reaching a deal."

Sayn
2008-11-09, 04:37 PM
ARCH
How many more family members are we talking about here? And I'm sure we can work out a good deal. Maybe something like this:
The Machine Technocracy creates more 'family members' for the 10 AI:s in ARCH.
ARCH allows the Technocracy to study these 10, and to make use of some of their services.
Would that be about right?

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 04:40 PM
Niten

Hmm.. you're probably right. ARCH does not wish to trade all of our technology away, so we'll just buy your technology. What are you selling to us?

Technocracy
That is an acceptable deal. 10-15 more family members would do nicely.

puppyavenger
2008-11-09, 04:41 PM
Union response to Technocracy emissaries
I apologize, but the only Full AI's we have that aren't ghosted people are in charge of out military, so we're going to have to deny you access to them.

Belters how'd you like to form a trading block? together we control most of the asteroid mines, and could probably raise the price a bit

ASN we're interested in purchasing your unused shipyards

Eldan
2008-11-09, 04:44 PM
Papacy:

We already have trade deals with some factions, but we would be interesting in expanding our market, so, why not.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 04:48 PM
Papacy:
Certainly. We understand how that would be... problematic for you.

ARCH:
It would seem that we are in agreement. This could be the start of a new era of AI technology. Together, we might even be able to top the Papal robotic armies. We'll send our techs and scientists as soon as it is possible.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 05:00 PM
ARCH
"We'd be willing to sell you some of the schematics for our old deep-space habitation centers. We've got vibrating blades that can cut through most metals....power suits...uh....some of our high-powered engines, maybe? If you're looking for something in particular, we could try and meet your needs.

Actually, two of our Daimyos are going to earth to do some meetings with some leaders...how's about I tag along and you and I can meet face to face?"

Diplomatic Visit to Earth

Today, Daimyos Oda and Takeda, along with the mysterious Izuna left the Tanegashima space docks on Miranda to make their way to Earth to meet with various leaders of the factions of the Inner Belt, under the escort of the Furinkazan and the Meifumadō. This is the first diplomatic visit since the peace talks at the end of the last war.

Stepping Up Security

The forces under command of Daimyo Uesugi have considerably stepped up security clearances of the Tanegashima Space Docks. Only the highest-clearance vessels and officers are allowed within security perimeters, and all other ships are escorted out. Various officials from the Ninth Brigade are allowed within perimeters to view training exercises and various military hardwares.

LongVin
2008-11-09, 05:21 PM
@Arch

We are currently researching a way to track and find all unregistered psionic users within our territory using very simple and easy and effective technology. Would this be something you would be interested in?

@UAL

We have nothing to hide, and your nation has the right to search any trade ships entering your territory.

@UNE

Nemi station is not designed to compete with Waygate. It is simply a way for the NRE to establish a sanctuary in space to allow us easier access to the resources of our offworld colonies and easier production starships not to mention trying to alleviate the massive overpopulation problem that is gripping the Empire and the rest of the world.

-Imperial Senate

Actions:

Creation of Ocean Floor cities:

Looking at additional alternatives to just space colonies another viable solution to the overpopulation problem being examined by the Imperial Senate is the creation of underwater cities. These cities will not only help to distrubute the population over a much larger area they will offer previously untapped and untouchable resources to be unlocked by mining companies.

The Senate has approved the construction of two of these cities with an expected population of 50,000 each to be situated off the coast of Italy. Once again, these cities will be financed through a combination of public and private funds. Should these cities prove successful, there are plans to construct an additional 8 other cities.

Expansion of Spaces Forces:

Following the increased threats of piracy throughout the Sol System, both the Imperial military and the Inquisition have ordered additional starships to be constructed in order to better defend Imperial assets that exist in space. These ships will range from a handful of large scale cruisers and destroyers to more numerous and much smaller quick attack craft which will be designed to intercept the fast pirate ships that plague the shipping lanes.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 05:38 PM
Bio-Tech and SIP
The two companies come together to create the very first sentient ship. Not through AI, the ship actually lives. Using a cloned human brain and several machines the ship is aware of its surroundings, allowing it to have much faster reaction times than even the most advanced shipboard AI. That combined with the pilots or crew make it a formidable opponent. It is a heavy cruiser christened The Osbourne, in honor of CEO Kevin Osbourne's father.

Production
These new type of ships are mass produced to replace our older ones, our existing ships are refitted.

NRE
Then we will have no problems

Science
Scientists trade info with both Technocracy and the Belters. Not the BEST stuff, but not crap either. No info on ZPE is handed out.

LongVin
2008-11-09, 05:41 PM
@Greystone

Excellent. Papers will be sent over to your embassy immediately to make the Non Aggression Pact official.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 05:46 PM
NRE
There is a clause that says "Unless the other attacks a ally"...just saying

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 05:49 PM
@NREWhich is precisely what we designed Waygate for. Only to be aviliable to all, to ensure there wasn't an orbital arms race.

And no comment on what I've been hearing about you? A certain little rather nasty plan, involving I think, reparations, payed to you be a certain economic powerhouse? And no, I don't mean us.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 06:18 PM
The Belgrade Conference

BBC reporter, Kragith Priestly

It's a major event for the comparatively quiet city fo Belgrade. Yesterday, they were just dealing with the normal problems for any UNE city these days. Umbertian missionaries, overcrowding, crime. The usual.

But now, now that's all forgotten, as they're playing host to what might be the biggest diplomatic event of the year.

The ballroom hired for the event is of course massive, and more than able to fit the surrfusion of dignitaries. There is modern music, mixed with old, depending on requests. There is also much champaign, and dressing up. For many, it's the social event of the season. Even the gentlemen and ladies of the press are looking presentable

Quite a few council members are present, all meticulously dressed and before long Mina Horrenson, in a silver dress that seems the height of fashion now. gets up to speak

Ladies, Gentlemen. Thank you all for attending

We brought this conference here in, in a bid to remind people, that we know. We know the problems that face every corner of the UNE. And we aim to deal with them.

But first, before I go into more specifics, we have a very special guest in attendance. Yes, all nations involved sent high rankers. But only one actual foreign head of state is hear. And she is one who I'd like you all to treat her with the warmth and friendship you have. For she, in spite of her predecessor's actions, seems to me to be genuinely worthy of it

She bowed, and withdrew, ready for the first main speech of the evening.

puppyavenger
2008-11-09, 06:22 PM
Belgrade

Cardinal Williams, in a fairly new(read early forties) body politely socialized with the crowd and waits for (presumably) Isabelle to speak.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-09, 06:26 PM
Belregard

Wearing a captains hat Pirate Lord Jaque stands in the crowed with a crew of french pirates around him drinking red wine from the bottle and a cigarette in hand.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-09, 06:27 PM
@System... err... who invited you? I didn't.

Those who are invited know who they are.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-09, 06:30 PM
We are Pirates remember.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 06:31 PM
Belgrade

Takeda Shingen, flanked on either side by Imperial Guards, mingles with the various leaders around him, making an excellent showing of himself. He makes jokes, and his generally jolly attitude puts those around him at considerable ease, even with armed guards just an arm's reach away. A former businessman, he is very accustomed to rubbing elbows with VIPs, and is more than at home at a function such as this. His clothing stands out from all the others, preferring a simple dress kimono to a suit. In one hand, he holds a tessen fan, as the number of bodies in the room makes him uncomfortably warm. Swishing from his belt is a jug of sake, which is tied next to the small wakizashi tucked into his obi.

OOC: System, don't you think they would...you know...kill you on sight if you showed up here?

puppyavenger
2008-11-09, 06:36 PM
Belgrade

Williams, in a full dress as a Cardinal and notable for his complete lack of guards, walks up to the Emperor Hello, it's nice to meet you, I'm Cardinal Andrew Williams, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you before

Sayn
2008-11-09, 06:37 PM
Belgrade

Richard Sylveste, the right hand of the Scientist, stands a bit to the side. He knows that his people is generally distrusted, and does not wish for the other representatives to feel uncomfortable by his presence. He is tall, with a shaved head and eyes that are quite obviously artificial (his eye color is neon-green). He is wearing a long, gray formal coat, with black gloves. On his left side is his attendant, who is standing silently and barely says anything, even when directly questioned.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 06:42 PM
Belgrade

"Hahahaha...you flatter me, Cardinal, but I'm no Emperor. Just His economic adviser, and when I need to, military strategist. The name's Takeda Shingen, Cardinal Williams, and it's a pleasure to meet a holy man such as yourself. I have to ask: what exactly do you do for his holiness when you're not popping the cork with big wigs?" he says as he takes a swig from his sake jug.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 06:44 PM
Isabella looks stunning. While her mother preferred black and dark green and The Lioness enjoys red, Isabella has gone for a different look. She wears a long flowing gown of pearl white silk. It is embroidered with blue silken thread that almost seems to move in the light.

Around her neck is a oddly beautiful necklace, a stone with swirls of green and red mixing in a chaotic, yet breathtaking, dance set in a silver base.

On her head is a silver tiara, with a large blue diamond in the center. Her fiery red hair is pulled up in an elegant bun. She smiles to the crowd. Her voice is like a wonderful to hear, feminine, yet not weak, full of real passion.

"I stand here not just to speak to the people of the UNE, but all of humanity. The many people of the Solar System have been plagued by fear, war, and subterfuge for a hundred years. I wish to change that. While I may sound like my mother, there is one difference.

I want peace...through peace. She thought she could enforce peace upon you, and that was doomed to fail. I watched as in the years after the war the breaking apart of NUN, the splitting and reformation of factions.

I stand before you, not as The Supreme One, or even simply a leader, I stand here as a honest human being who wants to see an end to destructive conflict.

NUN...NUN was flawed, but they were the true force of righteousness before, destined to fall. I hereby plead with you to, when you go and report to your superiors, you ask to reinstate that group of old that actually stood for justice.

But now we cannot simply say, United Nations, no. COSS, The Council of the Solar System.

I hope to dispel the rumors of the UAL, and prove that, like all of you, I merely want to see peace in our time. I believe if we all work together as one we can achieve anything"

puppyavenger
2008-11-09, 06:46 PM
Belgrade

Ah I apologize. When I'm not at diplomatic conferences I serve His holiness's as the director of the churches interests abroad. a combination of spymaster and diplomat, having seen most of the factions form gives one a certain perspective when dealing with them.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 06:58 PM
Belgrade
"Oh, I'd imagine so. Have you been out our way, Cardinal? Out to the end of the system, where all there are are mercenaries, pirates, and us? Seems you might want to be making a trip out there to me. A lot of our folk are Christian, actually. Give their babies Christian names and teach them Christian values and such. I bet they wouldn't mind seeing a face like yours out there."

puppyavenger
2008-11-09, 07:05 PM
Belgrade

indeed, I'll have to stop by there sometime. right now the focus is consolidating our holding in the inner system, but I'll be sure to stop by later this month.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 07:21 PM
Belgrade

Morgan Blainsfield, second only to Will Rowe in ARCH, comes to the event in a violet dress decorated with obscure scientific symbols etched in golden stitching. An unarmed Whitecoat in the usual "uniform that looks like a labcoat" outfit follows her, acting as bodyguard.

She gravitates towards Richard Sylveste, and introduces herself.

"Morgan Blainsfield, second-in-command of ARCH, or to put it more officially, ARCH High Scientific Commander. You must be Mr. Sylveste."

Whether or not he answers, Morgan stares at Sylveste. A second later, she stops staring and shakes her head.

"Sorry, I'm simply imagining how all your probable artificial parts work. Your eyes in particular. I must know more about them."

She laughs lightly, and turns her attention to Isabella when the UAL leader starts speaking. Less then ten words into the speech, Morgan starts rolling her eyes, and let's out an unladylike snort several times.

"Just like her mother. A manipulative person, yet an unfailing optimist. Her plan will never work. The old U.N. was mostly useless; the countries it didn't control simply went willy-nilly all over the world, and the U.N couldn't do a thing about it. Similarly, most countries who actually joined the UN ignored it as well. I predict that this COSS will be the same, just on a larger scale. Yet, ARCH will join it, since it will help us with our goals. Also, I think we'll try to keep it from being entirely useless."

@NRE

We'd be interested. What's your price?

@Niten

We'll work out what ARCH will buy from you later, if that's alright. We need to see where we stand first.

As for the meetings, that's fine, unless you're talking about the Belgrade event. Rowe's second-in-command is attending that. Talk to her instead. Rowe however, could not come to the Belgrade event. He will be able to talk to you later.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 07:25 PM
ARCH
"Bah. Let Takeda get cozy with those politician windbags. I don't have the stomach for things like that anymore. He'll be there, but you and I will talk soon enough. I'll be on Earth for a while, so just drop me a line when youre free."

Belgrade

Musing to himself, Takeda takes out a small notepad and paper, and quickly jots down a haiku that popped into his head

Unification
Just as mother before her
But what shall she pay?

Sayn
2008-11-09, 07:48 PM
Belgrade

Richard Sylveste makes a low bow when Morgan Blainsfield introduces herself, and answers in a voice that doesn't show any real emotion.
Charmed. As you guessed, I am Richard Sylveste, the right hand of the man we call the Scientist. You could call me second in command of all scientific work in the Technocracy.
He doesn't seem offended by her close examination of his appearance, though he looks perfectly human excepting the eyes.
Ah, yes. My 'parts'. I suppose they must hold several mysteries for someone without the proper knowledge, but I am sadly not at liberty to discuss how most of them function. But I can say that my eyes can see far more than the regular human eye.
After that, he is silent. He only adds a few sentences to Morgan's remark on Isabella's speach.
Regardless of whether this little project will truly work or not, the Technocracy has decided that joining will be beneficial for some time. Only time will tell if this alliance will crumble, or succeed in creating peace throughout the system. Either way, the Technocracy will try to help it along the way. For as long as we still see hope in it.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 08:31 PM
Isabella smiled graciously and stepped down. Her mental "ear" was blazing. She had been found with several odd psychic powers. This one she could hear everything that was being said, process it, and allow her to react.

Morgan's comments especially caused a severe internal wince, though on the surface she remained calm. She made her way through the party and ended up next to her and Richard.

"Ah Morgan Blainsfield and Richard Sylveste I presume" she flashes a winning smile "I couldn't help but notice your....interest in my speech Ms. Blainsfield, though I assume that your thoughts were negative...care to enlighten me of your thoughts?"

She raises a single elegant eyebrow.

LongVin
2008-11-09, 08:36 PM
@UNE

The NRE has always tried to maintain itself as a self sufficient body, thus the neccessity of Nemi station.

And, we do now know what you are speaking of. The NRE is not currently receiving, or is paying any reperations to any party at this time.

@ARCH

What technologies do you have to offer in return?

Actions:

Imperial Senate announces NAP with UAL

The Imperial Senate has announced today that the NRE and the UAL have agreed to sign a non-aggression pact putting an end to over a century of hostilities and near hostilities. The senate has billed this as an important first step in establishing a lasting peace on Earth.

Even the Church of Umberto has sided with this agreement saying it is an important first step in bringing about the Golden Age of peace for humanity.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-09, 08:37 PM
Pirate Law:

Ten Percent of profit from items/infomation sold on The Black Market goes directly to The Brotherhood of Pirates, but all sellers and buyiers are garenteed confidentialality.

LongVin
2008-11-09, 08:44 PM
Inquisition begins enforcement of Psyker registration act

Vatican City,

Grand Inquisitor Tolwyn of the Holy Office of the Inquisition has decreed today that the often ignored Psyker(psionic user) registration act will be put back into force following reports that psykers have been responsible for a recent spike in crime.

Psykers will be given three months to register and under go mandated government testing on the strength of their abilities. Anyone who fails to register will be deemed unsanctioned psykers and will shall be subject to fines and possible inprisonment.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 09:07 PM
Belgrade

When Isabella approaches, Richard makes the same low bow and greets her.
A most interesting speech. The Technocracy is eagerly awaiting further progress regarding the COSS.

His eyes almost seem to be shifting focus, not entirely unlike a camera, but it could merely be a trick of the light in combination with his odd eye color. He was, in fact, taking several scans and pictures of Isabella. A box formed within his vision, detailing the data recovered from the scans.
Detecting abnormal brain activity.
Target most likely in possession of psychic abilities. Proceed with caution.
Facial scan complete. Transferring 3D image to memory banks.
Sending back-up copy of data files to "Attendant".

None of the information made him feel any differently about Isabella. One of his most priced skills was the near impossibility to catch him off guard, or to surprise him.

After this is done, he proceeds to observe the little game that was about to play out between Isabella and Morgan. It could become useful for his observations.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 09:33 PM
Isabella inclines her head at Richard, his eyes not interesting her until she saw a...flicker.

Carefully she probed with her mind and...ah, there it was, the reason she disliked cyborgs. Almost no emotion, no surprise, though she knew that he knew that she was a psychic.

While she spoke to Morgan she entered his mind again "So Richard, I am curious...why choose the path of the machine?"

Her voice is simply curious as it filters through his head.

The_JJ
2008-11-09, 09:42 PM
A short African woman in military fatigues pushes her way up to the door. Yes, that's right, the Mr. Sufe. Uhuh. Thank you. She smiles, and turns to her companion. I do enjoy abusing my filial relations. C'mon Ozy, it'll be fun.
I hardly recomend this.
Pish. This'll be good for building contacts.
We should be preparing to take up our new offices, or training. Not crashing an important diplomatic party. Your great uncle's influence will only carry you so far in life, Alsa.
That last comment caused Alsa's face to tighten. Low blow, low blow. Now shh... I want to see this infamous Issy
The Kin beside her sighs. How have you not been disowned by now? Or demoted. I'm sure Johnathan is watching the news. He'll be pissed if you mess up, you know.
Ozy... if you were that opposed you would've dragged me off by now. So shhh.

Sayn
2008-11-09, 09:49 PM
At first there is mere silence. He then answers, in the same calm voice he used earlier;
The answer is simple: because humanity has its limits. We can only accomplish so much with genetic engineering and normal and/or accelerated evolution. Soon, machines will be the only way for us to continue to evolve. And then, just to see her reaction, he let his machines take over his body functions, even his speech (since the machines can fairly accurately predict what he would say and when) and then started to calculate highly advanced math in his head.

Greystone
2008-11-09, 10:43 PM
Isabella quirks an eyebrow "I suppose we will have to disagree on that point of fact, though everyone is entitled to their own personal perspectives"

As the machines take over she smiles a tad. She rarely was surprised anymore, a hundred or so years of life will do that too you.

Then she heard the Issy comment and rolled her eyes inwardly. That was her least favorite connotation of her name . Her mother had called her lil' Izzie, when she was teasing. Lioness called her Bella, Father had called her Izzie-Bee (Which was ok, she was a daddy's girl), but she had despised that nickname.

She just hoped that the person in question would not call her as such to her ace.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 10:53 PM
Belgrade

Morgan rolls her eyes again.

"It's simple, Isabella. Your idea is basically the old United Nations except on a larger scale, right? Well, there's the first problem. The United Nations. It was relatively useless. Countries that didn't join basically ran all over Earth doing whatever they pleased. Countries that were on the United Nations would conveniently 'forget' the U.N.'s many varied rules and restriction, in favor of their conflicts with their neighbors and old foes. Your idea is the same thing, only bigger. And you'll have no way to really enforce the rules. restrict trade to a nation, and the other nations will still secretly trade to it on the side. Send an army, then you're no better then a common conquering dictator. Try and keep the offending nation or nations in squalor, and you'll probably have neglected your own nations.

However, despite what I just said, ARCH's still joining COSS, if only to try and make it work, or at least see if it works at all."

Greystone
2008-11-09, 11:05 PM
Isabella nodded "Thats where your wrong Morgan, this isn't going to be another attempt at the United nations. Thats why I changed the name, to symbolize the change. I am going to take....well a more pro-active stance than the UN. I believe with some great minds working on it we can think of a way to overcome some of the logistical problems, but since when is anything ever easy."

she winks "And technically, I am a dictator, just one with a happy populace"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 11:18 PM
Belgrade

"Now now, Ms. Morgan...isn't there a saying...something about no good wars or bad peaces? At least she's trying to make strides towards peace."

Takeda takes another long drink from his sake jug, and wipes his mouth of excess.

"While I don't know if my lord would give blessing of our own joining of this new organization, however I personally give my own support for this. It's been a bloody millenium so far, no small part to my own faction, but if these past two-hundred and fifty years have shown us anything, it's that things have a very bad habit of escalating very quickly. Maybe now is time for us to actually learn from it?"

RationalGoblin
2008-11-09, 11:29 PM
Belgrade

Morgan laughs.

"Why am I not surprised that you would bluntly refer to yourself as dictator, and presumably Shona would as well?

Very well, as well as you don't interfere with ARCH's doings too heavily, we'll allow free movement of COSS resources, people, and such through ARCH territory.

As for Mr. Takeda's comment, the longest-lasting 'peace' we had during the conflicts one hundred years ago, produced a vast scheme to mind-control most of Europe. Would you say that was a 'good' part of the peace? And the rest of the peace was basically everyone stockpiling unconventional weaponry and favors from other nations, in preparation for the next war. Does that sound like a 'good' peace to you? Still, peace is generally good, yes."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-09, 11:56 PM
Belgrade

"Ms. Morgan, we have extensively studied the war between the NRE and...well, most of the other factions. But that could honestly hardly be considered a peace, could it? The NRE insisted on fighting long after they were defeated, and brought about even more death and destruction long after the 'war' was over. Millions more were killed even after Umberto's death, and they made him a martyr deity afterwards. That, in my opinion, could hardly be considered a peace."

RationalGoblin
2008-11-10, 12:04 AM
Belgrade

No, Mr. Takeda, I'm referring to the short period of peace in which we discovered that an NAC official had plans to mind-control a large portion of Europe, including Switzerland and Italy.'

((OOC: That was the thing that someone in the NAC was trying to use to mind-control people, right? And at that time the world WAS at peace, right? If I'm wrong, tell me in a PM rather then pointing it out IC, please. I just don't feel like checking at the moment.))

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-10, 12:13 AM
Belgrade

"Well, I didn't claim to be an expert on the subject. I just go by what I know. Hey, at least since they've already tried it once, odds are, they won't try it again, right?"

Takeda makes an uneasy chuckle at that last remark, and clears his throat.

"Regardless, it's damn well worth a try, I say. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But on the off chance it does, well, then we'll all be a lot happier, won't we?"

Moral Wiz
2008-11-10, 12:50 AM
OOCerr... sword towers are UNE defensive instillations. The NAC used subliminal messaging on TV stations, just in Rome ans Switzerland. :smallamused:

I'd PM, but my box is a bit too full.

And the UN in game was the NUN. They weren't a straight continuation. The only actual rule they applied was that one about weaponry development

IC soon

Moral Wiz
2008-11-10, 01:22 AM
@NREWell, if we believed you before, you throw it out the window again with an indescribably blatant campaign to forcibly recruit Psychics.

You do know that detaining people simply based on genetic traits, as opposed to actual evidence is a violation of their human rights? Not that the NRE has ever before shown itself concerned with such...

Serbia Sword Tower

As he watched the glittering reception, Commander Steel was mildly irritated. As he always was with politicians.

We haven't actually fought any of these bastards in ages. All we've had to deal with are occasional Dagwood raids We can't get a handle on war with the NRE, since the peace of Rome. Even when they took Greece, Corsica and all the others out from under our nose. And now we're dealing with the Niten, as opposed to fighting them. Well, at least they have honour.

He sighed, as Capitan Kathra of the First Pack entered. The kin was scarred and wizened, an old warrior, but he bowed before Steel. The old human was his elder, after all..

Sir?

The cybernetic general sighed

Don't sir me, Capitan. You know the drill. Keep everyone on standby, local towers ready for armed response if needed. The usual.

The Kin smiled.

Ah. Another round of cards?

Steel was silent for a moment, then.

No. Keep it serious, Capitan. Just in case.

The kin blinked, but understood

Certainly sir. Oh, and USIC got a report from the party. Some girl claiming herself Sufe's great nice, and a Kin, both gatecrashed. Given the fact that one's a Kin, and the other managed to bluff her way past the guards, the USIC are asking for permission to extract them, as possible assassins and for them to spend a night in the cells

You'll have a job, Capitan

The Kin looks shocked, as the old metal man smiles

I know those two. The woman really is Sufe's blood. And the Kin's her subordinate. They're Ninth Company command staff. Assassins would be less obvious

True. But they weren't invited. Just letting them through could be bad diplomatically.

sigh. Very well. Have the USIC pull them in afterwards, once the guests are leaving, for a round of questioning, and for 'em to spend a bit of time in the cells to cool their heals a bit. If their superiors object, have 'em call me.

Sir

The old Kin withdraws, leaving Steel alone watching the monitor, watching the shining lights of the world's diplomatic corps dance out before him.

The calm before the storm...

Moral Wiz
2008-11-10, 01:42 AM
Belgrade Reception

Mina looked a tad nervous as Isabella finished her speech.

No one said she would be announcing the Papacy's little plan. Or for that matter, that she'd be doing it at this reception. Is CoSS the same thing, or not?

She is torn. She needs to go and mingle with the crowd, to find out what's being talked about, but she also needs to make speeches. The UNE were hosting this after all

Finally, she settled on a compromise. Pulling her subordinate and second, a Kin by the name of Mathra Nak aside, and quickly explaining the situation. The official smiled, then quickly passed word on to the two gentlemen from the USIC. They move effortlessly through the crowd, and tap both Sylveste and Blainsfield on the shoulders

Excuse us, sir, miss, but it's almost time for the Waygate speech. We assumed you'd both want the stage, so you could talk about it, and other things, to the hall.

Meanwhile, Nak stands on stage, apparently waiting for their reaction. Mina Horrenson is walking slowly in the direction of the Dayimo and Morgan Blainsfield, happily greeting people as she went.

Sayn
2008-11-10, 02:47 AM
Belgrade

After the tap on his shoulder, Richard makes a short bow to Isabella and Takeda, and then proceeds toward the stage. His attendant follows him closely, with his head lowered.

Greystone
2008-11-10, 06:59 AM
"Well I am a dictator technically, though I personally dislike the label. I DO have absolute power in government with no chance of me stepping down. My mother would have violently refused, she hated the word dictator more than I do."

She shakes her head "All that is the NAC's history. I'm looking to make the UAL great and good"

As the two were tapped she smiled sheepishly "I suppose this converstation will finish another time"

She turns to Takeda "Thank you for your assistence"

As she sees Mina, Isabella quickly embraces her. The reason for the touching is quickly explained by an almost imperceptible voice in Mina's ear "Sorry for that. I almost repeated my speech from earlier in the month, but when I realized that the Papacy was planning to resurrect NUN I couldn't let them. There needs to be an actual force to protect humanity"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-10, 11:13 AM
Belgrade

"Please, madam, it's no trouble at all. It was a good speech, after all. I just hope you have the clout to make good on what you're selling. If my lord sees some good results, I doubt it'll take much to convince him to join up, so I'll be keeping an eye on the whole thing very closely.

I, for one, have had enough wars for one lifetime. I may be good at it, but I just don't have the stomach for it anymore..."

Takeda reaches into the chest fold of his kimono and pulls out a long pipe, which he packs with some tobacco and lights. Putting the stem in his mouth, he inhales deeply, exhaling through his nose so that the smoke billows down before rising into the air.

"Oh...am I allowed to smoke in here?"

LongVin
2008-11-10, 11:38 AM
@UNE

The Inquisition has decided to enforce a law that has existed on the books of the Empire for over a century. And, psykers themselves are not being detained merely because of their genetic coding, only those who do not properly register with the government will be detained, and in most cases they will only be given a fine for their failure to register.

It is extremely important for our police system to keep a list of registered psykers in case of crimes in which a psyker is implicated. We need to know the power levels and general location of those who possess this powerful gift.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-10, 11:43 AM
NRE

The Dual Moons send the NRE a message. "Have you been invited to the New United Nations?

LongVin
2008-11-10, 11:45 AM
@Dual Moons

The NRE has not been invited to the New United Nations. Nor are we opposed to the idea of joining an organization if we were offered the chance.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-10, 12:03 PM
To all nations other than NRE (including NPCs)

Are you joining the New United Nations?

puppyavenger
2008-11-10, 12:06 PM
duel Moons
you mean COSS?

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-10, 12:07 PM
Papacy

Yes

LongVin
2008-11-10, 12:12 PM
New Consul of the Imperial Senate elected

The Imperial Senate today has elected a new consul to run the legislative body and the government. Senator Mateo Manzoni has been approved by the majority of the ruling body and will officially take his position as the leader of the body later in the week.

Manzoni has pledged to continue the NRE's expansion into space and has stated he would like to see the creation of a new Imperial Colony every year for the forseeable future with continued transport of colonists to help reduce the overpopulation that the Empire is now suffering from as well as opening up new sources for resource gathering and food production.

Prince Amedeo has offered his support and his approval to the appointment of Manzoni calling him a man of "Good standing in the faith."

By the will of the God-Emperor may his rule be long and prosperous.

Mizka
2008-11-10, 12:55 PM
To all nations other than NRE (including NPCs)

Are you joining the New United Nations?

what do we get from this ?

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-10, 01:14 PM
Mizka's nation

We'll take that as a no.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-10, 01:23 PM
Mina looks surprised at the embrace, but manages to roll with it.

She returns the whisper, though not with quite the same level of audibility

Well, I don't think they'll love you for steeling their thunder. Still, don't worry about it

Heh. And no, Master... Takeda, was it? Feel free.

Oh, and we weren't sure if you'd want to speak. We left a slot open, just in case.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-10, 01:31 PM
"Oh, this one rarely misses an opportunity to flap his old gums...and besides, if I'm already worked in, I would hardly want to mess up the program for the evening. Hahahahaha. Just let me know when you'd like me to, and I'll say a few words.

Mizka
2008-11-10, 03:22 PM
no i don’t mean to say no i just wanna know what is the purpose of this what is the point what does this seal mean for every single joiner? so tell befor judging ^^ my word’s

RationalGoblin
2008-11-10, 05:47 PM
Belgrade

Morgan says ""Right," at the tap and subsequent request, then gives a quick curtsy to Isabella and Takeda, and follows Richard to the stage.

The_JJ
2008-11-10, 05:48 PM
Bored of people watching, Alsa slips through the crowd, not in anyway avoiding Mina Horrenson but still staying, somehow, on the far side of the room from her, and drifts over to the ARCH representative, Morgan Blainsfield, who she knows in passing from the reports that Akimoto was always sending out. Estoric scientific papers with pictures and movies attached that always, it seemed, displayed a technology that would revolutionize the military, nay, social, nay, political landscape forever. In a few years, no doubt. Hello. I'm Sergeant Major Alsa Sufe. I'm in the 9th.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-10, 05:56 PM
Belgrade

The middle aged feline smiles at the assembled, her suit a model of buisness efficiancy, her long feline ears well groomed

Greetings all. I am Mathra Nak. Aide to Miss Horrenson, and member of the UNE executive.

As you are all aware, Waygate is the fundiment of the UNE's new Economic success. We are providing an essential service, both to our own citizens, and the world, with Waygate station, and in consequence, though we have no colonies of our own, we are contributing in part to all of them. That is as it should be. This is a world wide problem, and one we must all act to solve.

That is why we, the Machine Technocracy, and the Archimedes Society are to co-operate on revising, improving and upgrading Waygate into an altogether greater state.

She looks to the two on either side of her

I'm no Scientist. Would either of you care to say a few words?

Sayn
2008-11-10, 06:26 PM
Belgrade

Richard takes a step forward, looks briefly over the audience, and then begins to talk. There's still no hint of any emotion in his voice.
My name is Richard Sylveste. I am the right hand of the Scientist, which more or less means I am second in command of the scientific work in the Technocracy.

He lets his neon-green eyes sweep over the crowd once more.

The Waygate station is important to a lot of people. Not just on Earth, but throughout the entire system. The upgrades we and ARCH will begin to implement will not only improve its efficiency, but the quality of life of many.

He pauses briefly at this, and then continues.

Therefore, the Technocracy will make sure that as many things as possible is automated, clearing up work for the workforce currently up there, while removing human error as well. There are still many things that ARCH, the UNE and we have to discuss before we draw up the final plans for the upgrades, but the Technocracy is most excited to be a part of this work, and we hope that this is merely the first of many steps toward a more united and collaborative future.

After finishing, he makes a quick bow and steps back to his previous spot.

LongVin
2008-11-10, 06:36 PM
Going Gambling, Attn: JJ

Face to Face encounter! No looking!

9th Ward Saloon, Black Market

Entering the saloon, the three men looked around them. It was a scene of debauchery, barely bordering on civilized and hardly the orderly system they were accustomed to on Titan. Clutching their briefcases tightly the made their way to the counter telling the bartender they were there to have a game of cards with "Mr. Murray"

To catch a Dagwood

Dagwood reservation

The ship slammed down to the ground violently, throwing up rocks and dust as it skidded to a halt near the Dagwood village. The normally aggressive beasts were momentarily startled at the sudden appearance of the black and red craft.

From the opened hatch emerge the black armored soldiers of the Inquisition. Armed with heavy tasers to pierce the thick hide of the creatures they open fire on the greenskins. The vicious beasts seize up and sputter, spraying thick spit as they fall to the ground temporarily paralyzed. In moments it was over, the village was depopulated with the unconcious dagwoods now secured aboard the ship.

As quickly as they landed they took off again, shooting straight up into the atmosphere and towards their final destination.

The_JJ
2008-11-10, 07:04 PM
Face to face
'ello. the bartender jerks his head back 'e's in the back room. The door to the backroom opens and reveals a well lit room that is almost perfectly clean. Hello boys. I'm Jamlamin. You can call me boss. Now, you pass me the cash... good boys. Now I'm going to tell you somethings that you best remember... Someone is very, very, angry with you. Expect Dagwood spores to be launched into Italy and Titan very soon, and something else into your Belt bases, possibly involving the Black Hand. Take steps now! We knew this because he also hired us to be that threat to your Titan base. When we started pushing prices up they told us they could just hire the pirates for cheaper. Now, we've met amicably with the Pirate King before, but he's now my problem. You may have to sacrifce a few cargo ships, to avoid a full pitched battle, but if we can't reach a good deal with him, we'll have to fight them the whole way, which won't be fun. But, as I said, that's my problem. Yours is the Dagwoods and the Black Hand. Oh, and as far as anyone else knows, you didn't hear this from me. At all.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-10, 08:01 PM
Belgrade

Morgan takes a step forward when the right hand of The Scientist steps back.

"Hello everyone. Unless you're new to the political scene, you should know me, Morgan Blainsfield, second-in-command of ARCH, with the title of ARCH High Command. I answer only to Will Rowe, the Technissiah and leader of ARCH.

She gives a short smile to the crowd.

"As Mr. Sylveste and Ms. Nak have said, the Waygate station is extremely important. It is vital to improving the quality of life in not only Earth, but the entire system. The combined effort of three nations upgrading it will allow it to become much more useful then ever before.

She pauses briefly, just as her counterpart in the Technocracy had.

"Therefore, adding to the Technocracy's pledge to make sure that most of Waygate is automated, ARCH pledges to use it's various technologies to ensure that no hostile nation can ever use the Waygate for their own uses, and also to ensure that they cannot harm Waygate in any possible way."

Morgan Blainsfield steps down.

LongVin
2008-11-10, 10:22 PM
Face to Face with the 9th

Hefting the heavy suitcases onto the table, they unlatch and open them spinning the three around revealing stacks of unmarked and unaccounted for credit chips.

Smiling the lead man goes "Here you go boss. The accounts will be activated over the next 24 hours. Thanks again for the info. We'll be in touch again real soon. Don't spend the money all in one place."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-10, 10:55 PM
Belgrade

(OOC: I don't know if it's Takeda's time to speak. If it's not, just pretend I posted it when it was.)

Takeda Shingen takes to the stage after Ms. Blainfield steps out from the podium. He waves for his two retainers to remain below him, who now stand directly below the podium, keeping their steely eyes on the room around them for those who would wish to do their lord harm. Takeda then places his pipe back in his kimono and unfolds his tessen, waving it to and fro to cool himself. After a moment, he speaks.

"Now, I realize I may be coming into a bit of a cold reception. My people...my faction, I don't believe, are very trusted these days. It wasn't so long ago that I was commanding forces that waged a bloody war against some of the very people in this room. And for that, I am sorry. The Niten Ichi, and all of the Japanese holdings across the solar system, have had so many years of war. War, either amongst ourselves, or against the people gathered here in this room. Because of our actions, I'm sure some of you have lost something dear to you. But you have to understand how hard it is on us as well. My only son died on Phobos. He was a sun in my world, and my life has gone much darker since his passing...

Now, that is no excuse for what we have done. However, I implore you to view us in a different light: war is hard business. It's not easy for anyone involved, and not everyone on the other team really wants to be there. That is why that when I tell you that we are genuinely trying to make peaceful connections back at this end of the system, that you give me...us...just a little more trust than you may normally. Ms. Horrenson has been a most gracious host, and I was honored to receive an invitation to such an event. To me, it shows trust in our cooperative futures with one another, and I believe that is a great stride. We are honored to begin trading with not only the UNE, but also the UAL. We hope that such trade pacts provide boons for all of our coffers.

It is time for us to sweep up the broken pieces of yesterday's life. It's time to move forward towards a brighter tomorrow. That is why I'm encouraging all those in attendance tonight to give heed to Madam Isabella's proposal of a new, interplanetary governing body. While we of the Niten Ichi cannot yet give its full support, I personally am giving it a ringing endorsement right now. I think to not at least try to make such an accord would be all our follies.

Alright, I'm sure you're all done listening to me ramble...and I think that buffet is getting a little too comfortable...."

Takeda lets loose a hearty chuckle and steps down from the podium, his sake jug swishing all the while.

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-11, 06:43 AM
OOC:

Thanks for the statistics!
Here's a minor clerical error that could be pasted in if you have the time:

Economy: Knights Templar
Tech: Knights Templar

At the end of the conference once all the politicians are done speaking and the majority of deals have been concluded, a middle-aged, dark haired man in dress uniform and ceremonial laser sword strapped to his side steps up to the podium.

Belgrade

Dear Assembled and viewers, I Lucas Jeremiel, Grand Master of the Templars and Lieutenant General of Opus Dei have been invited here by our gracious Host. We deemed it necessary to take this chance to step up officially at the side of our
Great Patron Light of the Void and representative of the Redeemer.

He turns towards the cameras.
As you know World Opinion speaks for itself. We ask that our Florans (domestic branch) be granted unrestricted access to all Earthly and Aetherly territories in order to provide for the minimum of sentient rights, sustenance. But the soul does not live by bread and water alone. Therefore we will also be providing a religious choice to your citizens. Please remember that historically Christians have overwhelmingly been harmless, productive and nationalistic citizens and provide no threat unless the Church itself is under attack.
Furthermore it would be a great boon to yourselves and our worlds at large if you would grant us or select branches favored status as charitable and religious organizations and encourage awareness of our plight for manpower and resources. We hope to increase positive developments and believe we have much to offer, not just directly to the people, but also through their protectors.
"God Bless the New Year and may his children walk in the light and be as the beacon of the world."

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-11, 10:41 AM
The Dual Moons send a bunch of questionairres to each of the colonies. These basicly ask. "What nation do you consider the main nation in regards to space?"

Greystone
2008-11-11, 08:13 PM
TO NSE
This is Doctor Lucien Brisby of the UAL Base, Jupiter. Supreme One Isabella has decided that diplomatic ties of trade and scientifical discussion are due...interested?

RationalGoblin
2008-11-11, 09:57 PM
Belgrade

Morgan walks back to the 9th Company soldier who tried to get her attention.

"Ah, hello. And sorry for the wait. I simply was scheduled to give a speech right before you greeted me. You wanted to speak with me? Sergant Major Alsa Sufe, I believe? Your name implies you are descended from a official in old Solaris, if I remember correctly. And you're part of the Ninth? Interesting...

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-11, 09:57 PM
End Of Turn 1

9th groups across the system stop taking new contracts. Instead they begin the journey to Ganymede and other rendezvous points. The majority have already begun the long journey, but they will not reach there destinations for months.

The Nexus bulk trader Icarus crashes in rural Italy. The Nexus report claims that a group of Dags being transported off world, broke out of holding and killed the crew. The unpiloted ship crash, killing all of the remaining crew and Dag mutineers. NRE clean up crews where quick to respond, torching the area for spores and searching for survivors. Clean up crews are satisfied that the spores where disposed of

The Papal pirate crackdown was largely successful in and around Mercury. Mercurial piracy is down to almost nothing.

However many parts of the the system are not so fortunate. With the beginning of 9th redistribution, many convoys near Venus, Mars, and the outer system are left under protected. Pirate bands become more and more bold. Dumping, (the practice of venting some or all of a ships cargo to appease or distract raiders) is becoming increasingly ineffective. Pirates, with little fear for personal safety attack the empty ships and return at their leisure for the cargo.

The All Solar Nexus announces a major new business plan. They will be deemphasizing military ship production in favor of agricultural expansion. Corporate owned stocks are sold to gain capital, and many shipbuilding assets are leveraged in order to take our substantial loans. The money gained is used to buy up conventional farms on Earth, as well as hydroponic and vertical farming plants system wide. CEO Fred North claims that Nexus expertise and farming tech will drop food prices system wide by fifty percent.

Shortly after Lucas Jeremiel's speech, the entire Zoropersian delegation stands up. Their leader the enigmatic Speaker, looks as if he is about to make his own speech, he even goes so far as to clear his throat. At the last second he appears to think better of it and instead leaves with his entire delegation.

The Green Thumbs an eco-terrorist group with Wayist ties, perpatrates several acts of terrorism. Vertical farms and slaughter houses are destroyed, often times with home made fertilizer explosives. In response Nexus increased security and offers a billion credit bounty for Startha Mewart the leader of the Thumb movement.

The Green Thumbs also launch an attack on the Supreme One. They claim that a recent reduction of farm subsidies will drive out family owned farms, and increase cruel industrial farming techniques. Launching dozens of black market surface to air missiles, they manage to down Isabella's plane as it leaves the Belgrade conference. Isabella was severely injured, but alive. During the crash Isabella's arm was crushed, but as of yet she has refused amputation.

Many of the stats surrounding the Two Moons respond positively to their campaign. However with the increase in pirate activity, many feel that it would be unwise to join a faction that cannot offer them security.

The 73% of the questionnaires returned claim that the Brotherhood of Pirates is the dominant space faction. Niten and the 9th are both close seconds with 13.5% and 14% respectively. Experts claim that the questionnaires are highly influenced by recent events, and would have gotten much different responses only a few weeks ago.

NRE colony ships begin their journey to the belt. They have escorts complimented with 9th mercenary groups. There ETA is June of 2250.

Nexus Message to the Emperor
This is Cheif Executive Officer Fred North. I and the rest of the Board wish to repair our relations with Niten. The war was,... unprofitable for both of us. We would like to make amends, and reestablish trade ties. the capital ship Inari was damaged and captured during the battle of Phobos. It is currently undergoing repairs at our expense in the Solar shipwards. It is nearing completion and we would like to return it to you as a gesture of good faith.

The_JJ
2008-11-11, 10:10 PM
Yes, yes, I know. I know. Look, we'll, we'll, if you'll shut up. Thank you. Look, I know it's a problem. We're just centralizing, alright. Then we can... well, if you pay more we'll... yes, convoys that hire our services are still rarely attacked and alway deliver their cargos. Oh, you hung up. Heh, funny.

I didn't really expect it to be like this. We ought to leave a few cruisers behind and charge higher prices. Am I forgetting something?

Yeah. Alsa's speech, sir.

Oh, right. That coming in soon.

A little delayed sir. Captain Lambert is send the bail in now.

Ah... why hasn't she been fired by now?

Umm... she's the best trainer and insertion team leader we have.

Right. Call me when the speech starts.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-11, 10:45 PM
UNE trading announcement

In this time of peace, it is trade amongst nations that shall form the lifeblood of civilization.

We are pleased to recognize trading treatise with the Papal Estates, the United American League, the Silver Belt Confederacy, the Machine Technocracy, ARCH, the Niten Ichi Teikoku and the United Traders. UNE internal trade is also to be encouraged, the New Economic Initiative can still be applied between some of the member states. Also large dealings with ASN have been sanctioned. Economically, the UNE is on the rise.

Response to the thumbs

In response to the thumbs assassination attempt on Supreme One Isabella, a USIC crackdown is launched. Local authorities regard the Thumbs as a terrorist group. Just like Gladio, so long ago...

Counter operations by Kin Packs, breaking up meetings, infiltration attempts, the efforts of the UNE are all applied to the perpouse of shutting the Thumbs down. A large bounty of their own is offered for the heads of the Thumb leadership. The Central Executive approves a USIC budget increase to that end, and expresses condolances to the Supreme One.

Encrypted message to Fred WestWe have an enemy in common in the Thumbs. Care to co-operate? The USIC budget could always use some work...

Greystone
2008-11-11, 10:50 PM
The doctor attempted to calm the red0headed woman in front of him.

"Please Supreme One, We have to have it removed it'll-" he tried again, only to be cut off.

"I don't f**king care what you think, I'm keeping my" *cough "damned arm!" she spat back.

"Be reasonable madam, if we take it off we could get you a new one, cybernetic or biological" The doctor was getting desperate.

"I don't wanna...." Isabella's head fell back as the powerful sedatives finally kicked in.

Minutes later, a figure dressed in blood red dress uniform walks in "Doctor Harvey, what news?"

"Lioness, it is most distressing, she refuses to have it amputated!" the doctor said in frustration.

"Can't we just regenerate it?" The famous general returns.

"We could, but the damage is too much and we got her too late" The doctor said clearing his throat nervously.

The Lioness turns her green eyes onto her unconscious child. After several seconds of silence, she sighs "Order the amputation, I take full responsibility"

"Thank you General Finate!"

To PM Horreson
This is General Finate requesting that under UNE supervision an UAL task force is to find and eliminate these terrorists. Your USIC rarely fail, though how you didn't notice this is a mystery to me. Permission to enter?

Convoys
All UAL convoys are protected by UAL Bio-Ships. They discourage attacks from pirates because they are difficult to crack, and often not worth the fight.

To Dual Moons
This is economy administrator Dr. Amy Mayer. We noticed that moons are heisetent to join you because of a lack of military might. Would you consider an alliance with the UAL?

EDIT-Internal Report
This quarter the UAL has approved of trading with Niten, UNE, and several others. The military is increasing due to new advances in Bio-ships. ARCH, the UNE, and the Technocracy is now looking like an increase in Tech as well.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-11, 10:54 PM
UALGranted. You'll have to run all opps by Commander Steel though. In return, you can use UDF bases, and they'll back your fist style operations.

And they have had a bevy of work lately. The NRE tend to make that. Still, we'll get on it now. We are truly sorry for the mistake, and will make amends.

Greystone
2008-11-11, 11:01 PM
UNE
That is acceptable, expect Supreme Elite's and Shadow's coming your way.

Actions vs Thumbs
The Lioness uses her experiance as a general and a black ops leader to begin to hunt down and elminate pockets of thumbs. Nonlethal force is used first, with leathel force as a back-up. She obeys any rules set by the UDF forces and Commander Steel

Homefront
Several anti-wayaist and anti religous groups have begun to try to speak to world against the evils of religious fanatiscm. Their press conferences are a long criticism at the NRE and Papacy along with other extremly religious groups. The UAL government makes sure these groups don't cross the line or get violent

LongVin
2008-11-11, 11:32 PM
Dagwood Watch

Imperial Security Forces have temporarily raised a cordon zone around the crash site as well as establishing patrols of the surrounding areas. The watch will continue until 2 weeks after the known gestation period of the dagwood spores is known to end to make sure that there will be no outbreaks.

Other teams are brought into the area to salvage what they can from the Icarus site.

Nemi Station construction on path

The Imperial Engineers are proud to report that construction on Nemi station is on track and that the first modules and shipyards will be opening for business within the next two weeks. Many of the contracts for new ships will be transferred to the Nemi yards to save on costs for launches into space.

The rest of the construction will continue as normal.

Message to the All Solar Nexus Attn: Odin

The NRE is preparing to establish a large scale mining colony on Jupiter's moon of Io within the coming months. While we are capable of doing this project on our own we would prefer to work with the ASN, as your corporation has a vast vault of experience when it comes to operating in less that idle conditions.

We are proposing a 50/50 partnership for this project.

Condolences to the UAL

The NRE would like to extend its condolences to the people of the UAL and its leader following the despicable and cowardly attack against the Supreme One Isabella Han as she was attempting to return home.

Greystone
2008-11-11, 11:38 PM
Patriot and Eisenhower bases

Colonists from Jupiter base have set up two mining and reserch outposts, one on Callisto, the other on Io. They are mostly small but they lay claim to their area of extraterrestrial land.

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-12, 05:22 AM
Opus Dei

Message to Zoropersia
Did we offend you somehow?

Johnites of the protective order of the Knights of St John deploy from their bases to protect Christian and Jewish sites around the world (1 military point).

Several reserve detachments of Johnites join up with the Hospitalers defensive military formations and set out to protect expanding Nexus assets where the 9'th is falling short or hasn't been contracted due to the recent date of acquisition (2 military points).

Several divisions (2 military points) of Teutons and Florans begin travel to their new lands of Madagascar, Central America, (Malta?) to take up civil and defense administration and a military and civilian convoy of the same branches head for the Pandorae region of Mars (1 military point) to boost Papal troops, begin localized regional administration and to intensify settlement.

Floran missionaries and Opus Dei construction crews begin evangelizing and constructing chapterhouses in the territory of their new host (he knows of this), the UNE to spread the faith and increase OD membership and donations.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-12, 11:11 AM
Budget:

Basicly the same as last time.

Pirates

We want you to stop your pirate attacks against us. What do you want?

UAL

He Dr. Mayar. Speaking on behalf of the Dual Moons. We would be interested.

LongVin
2008-11-12, 11:26 AM
An Alliance of Empires

Today, the NRE and Niten Ichi Teikoku have officially signed papers forging an alliance between the two Empires. Consul Manzoni has stated that this is an important step in maintaining peace both for the NRE and the NIT as well as protecting shipping from pirates and other threats in the Solar System.

By the will of the God-Emperor may this alliance stand strong for a thousand years.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-12, 11:37 AM
All Solar Nexus
"The Inari...the crown jewel of our fleet...I admit, that is a gracious token, and not one to be taken lightly. So, as a token of our own good faith, we bid you keep it. As a sign of trust to our new futures. We would be more than willing to begin establishing trade relations once again. Here's to a prosperous future for the both of us."

Cardinal Williams
"It was a pleasure meeting you at the Belgrade conference. I was hoping that perhaps you would be able to make good on your saying that you would visit us out here in the deep end of space. I believe that we have much to discuss."

The Dual Moons
Having some trouble with pirates? Want us to take care of them for you?

The Signing
Daimyo Oda puts his own signature on the line, and shakes hands with Consul Manzoni. A roar of applause thunders throughout the amphitheater, as Niten and Roman alike embrace their new intertwined destinies.

"My friends, today is a great stride towards getting our nation on the road back to greatness. Between the new trading pacts with the UNE and our newest alliance with this New Roman Empire, I think we can all agree that it is not only a new year for us, but the start of a new chapter in our history. One of hope and goodwill, not one of war and bloodshed. We shall continue making strides towards a better future for all of us, and with our great Emperor's blessing, we shall not falter!"

This last line is met with a standing ovation and stomping of feet, drowning out all other sounds for a solid three minutes. Once the crowd quiets, Oda begins again.

"I would also like to use this time to extend my condolences to Ms. Isabella Han, who suffered a terrible attack by cowardly terrorists only a few days ago. Luckily, she is still alive, and we thank the heavens above for that."

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-12, 11:42 AM
Niten Ichi Teikoku
Well if you wouldn't mind.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-12, 11:46 AM
Dual Moons
Well...we're not going to just do it...we'd be expecting some compensation.

Children
"Many of the other factions do not trust you, I believe. We are both nations of those who the community at large don't understand and incorrectly mistrust. However, we have much to learn from one another, I feel, and I would like to discuss the matters of religion with you myself. It would be nice to receive another view of a religion I do not fully understand myself. If you are interested, we can provide transportation for your representatives, so that we may discuss some matters."

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-12, 11:51 AM
Niten Ichi Teikoku

Well obviously. We were just expecting you to say how you wanted yo compensated.

puppyavenger
2008-11-12, 12:57 PM
Niten
Certainly, what would be a good time for this visit? I can get to the belt in a month or two if I leave now

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-12, 01:06 PM
The Dual Moons send out another survey, this time asking.

"What keeps you from having a home in THe Dual Moons."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-12, 02:03 PM
Dual Moons
Tell you what: This one's on the house. You'll be providing better security, so people are going to be more willing to join your organization, then that will boost your economy and you'll have more to pay us with. We keep protecting you, your influence expands, you get more money, we get more money, everyone's happy. Sound good?

Williams
"Excellent. We will be expecting you shortly. Preparations for your arrival are already being made."

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-12, 02:06 PM
Niten

Sounds perfect.

puppyavenger
2008-11-12, 02:29 PM
Dual Moons
Tell you what: This one's on the house. You'll be providing better security, so people are going to be more willing to join your organization, then that will boost your economy and you'll have more to pay us with. We keep protecting you, your influence expands, you get more money, we get more money, everyone's happy. Sound good?

hey, what about me?

Eldan
2008-11-12, 02:30 PM
To the NRE

It seems that your Empire has sent colony ships, heading for the Belt.. Please note that, while we are happy to welcome new citizens, if they wish to do so, we are not willing to share our territory with foreign powers. We advise you to seek out other areas for colonizing. We hope that a peaceful arrangement can be reached.

Odin:

Odin, how is my research going? I was really planning on significantly increasing my industry with new mining technology.

Actions for this turn:

Today, the Habitats Voidland II and VI, Crucible Eight, Lacuna and Vesperia III announce that they will, together, build and test a new type of habitat, more than three times the size of the previously largest habitat, Arkadia. The new habitat, which has not yet been named, will be used to house some of the population overflow of many of the smaller habitats, whose industry can not enlarge them fast enough to keep up with their growth.

Secret:

The new habitat will in fact be used as a kind of "escape pod". It will be equipped to only house a few thousand people, and as much of an ecosystem as possible, along basic industry. It should, in fact, be fully capable of establishing a small, but stable colony and have enough drives and engines to move at a reasonable speed.
All around the belt, habitats focus their industry on producing more mining robots of the kinds researched together with Arch. However, the prototypes will be changed slightly, so that they can also be used as secondary combat vehicles.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-12, 02:34 PM
hey, what about me?

I edited the post. Check again.

puppyavenger
2008-11-12, 02:40 PM
Niten Excellent, I'll be there as soon as possible
[you want to do the rest by PM's or what?

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-12, 02:48 PM
Papacy
PMs will be fine

Moral Wiz
2008-11-12, 02:55 PM
BeltersWe see that you, as we, have problems with Rome. They are the oldest of the current set of tyrannies, and though they hide it well, we believe them the most viscous.

We already, diplomaticly, oppose the NRE. AS do you. A foe in common, a pact in alliance, we like you believe in a system by which people's voices should be heard... Surely this is the ground on which friendships spring?

Eldan
2008-11-12, 02:59 PM
UNE:

The Belt is always willing to ally itself, as long as the partner commits no acts of agression and offers it's citizens at least basic freedom. On these grounds, an alliance with you would be favorable.
However, we still hope to come to a peaceful agreement with the Empire. If that should fail, we would indeed be in need of strong allies.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-12, 03:06 PM
BeltersI know agreements with the Empire. They tend to only be in one party's favor. Even under this new administration.

Take care. There are few democracies left standing in this age. Neither of us should let the other come to harm. If you continue with problems, we'll be on your side.

LongVin
2008-11-12, 05:59 PM
@ The Belters

The New Roman Empire has operated facillities in the belt for decades. We are simply reinforcing and expanding our installations within the region. So it appears that both our factions have long standing claims to portions of the Asteroid Belt.

We believe that it would be the best interest of both of our parties to just agree to honor each others territories in the belt and not to infringe on the others claims. This will allow us to both peacefully habitat this vast region of space.

The_JJ
2008-11-12, 07:44 PM
This is Maggie May reporting for SSN Sports. We've got a press announcment coming in from the Waygate, and I'm very eager to listen in. It's high time somebody came of with a good low-gee sport, don't you agree Ali?

Indeed I do Maggie. Here's the announcment now.

A tall Kin in the full reglia of the 9th's insertion teams, sans helmet, is standing at a microphone lined podium. Hello everybody, I am Staff Sergeant Ozymandias Camorr, of the Ninth Company. I'm here to announce not only that the Ninth is moving some offices to the Waygate, and all of our Earth based matinence facilities in orbit will be phased out as well settle in here, but we're also going to be holding training exercises here. Ladies and gentlmen, these war games, using facimile ammunition and real life senarios, is the most adrealine pounding, gut wrenching, high octane action you can imagine, and we've decided to let you in on the action. May I intoduce to you the first line up for the All Company Battle League. The ACBL teams as of right now are: Viper Squad, a group of soldiers with dark green helmets and armor decals stand up and wave. The Minotaur Squad another group of fifteen, with red colouring, stand The Chimera Squad and so on, 16 squads in total. Matches will, for this first season, be once a week, a full round robin, each team playing each team once in the season. Then, the best four teams will have a semifinal and a final match. For now, combat will be deathmatch style, with the senario and team sides, normally attacker or defender, being determined by chance.
Also, note that all of the fine soldiers here before you are trainees, halfway through the season, we the trainers will play the best players from all the teams. We'll win, trust us. After the end of the season there will also be a post championship game between the league winners and the trainers. Have fun watching tonights exibition match, Trainer Team One assualting the Ceasar's best insertion team, inside a gutted out maitinence ship. And with that he places his helmet on and walks out. Moments later the view jumps sloppyly to a helmet cam, on the Ceasar's team leader.
This is Captain Lambert, of the Ceasar. I'll be doing tonight's play by play. Now, you can see here the Ceasar's team has spread itself out around the ship, with five men in reserve near the middle. Here comes the Trainers...
The battle is a close one, but the Ceasar's team uses their defensive position for all it's worth, and in a dramatic last stand behind stacked up tables in the galley the last four member of the winning team defeat their opponents.
In the post game wrap up the Trainers admitted to some low-gee confusion contributing to the loss, and their gratitude for having the enviroment to practice in. Next time, they say, will be different.

@Odin
Actions and such:
Miranda plans continue, using such cash as has been aquired.
Waygate opening etc. will be accompanied by recruiting posters and acceptances of new contracts between Mercury and the Belt. (Not to hard, I imagine)
Also, selling a one season broadcasting contract for this new sport to SSN for a good amount, and filing a patent or whatever on the sport, in case anybody else wants in. They can form their own leagues, but I want a cut.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-12, 07:57 PM
To Duel Moons

What do yeh got?

Greystone
2008-11-12, 09:17 PM
Europe
The UAL forces closed in on another thumbs cell. This one was significant, since the SAM missiles had been fired using codes from this position. The soldiers, which numbered fifteen Supreme Elite and five shadows took up positions to assault the compound.

General Finate stood on a hill with a UDF observer. The young man turns and says "General? I thought you usually led most battles personally?"

The Lioness smiles and glances at him "I usually do, but I'm testing a new...recruit" she points at the soldiers.

The Elite were dressed in their standard leather Great Coats and gas masks (though now more high tech) and the Shadows sported their matte black and silver power armor.

Among the soldiers stands another power-armored individual. Her, since the form was feminine, wore bone white armor with blue filagree, like the Supreme Guard, except it was much sleeker and high tech, the best of the best. The right arm has been replaced by a claw made of a dark blue metal. The face mask is a silver likeness of a regal dragon.

As the two watched the figure signaled the Shadows to move forward. The six of them moved quickly through the guard towers. Soon the gates were open, the walls clear of guards.

Suddenly the Supreme Elite surged forward and opened fire with their pacifier MK IV's, an non-lethal version of their standard assault rifle.

The young UDF observer watched in wonder as the white armored figure cut a swath through the awakening defenders.

Things really started to heat up as one of the Thumbs soldiers, in a panic, fired a RPG at the figure. She turned and something on her arm activated. The grenade stopped, then clattered to the ground. She then surged forwards and her claw was bathed in a green glow, which cut like butter straight through the man's gun, then his arm.

The Lioness smirks "Heh, she still has a sense of irony" she turns to the young man "Well, this battle is over, lets head back to the chopper"

Later, on a private Helicopter

The Lioness sat in a chair and waited as the white armored commander removed her helmet.

Isabella shook her hair as she removed the helmet and smirked at her mother "Hows that Lioness?"

The Lioness yawned teasingly and rolled her eyes "Well I'm glad SOME of our lessons went through that thick skull of yours Bella"

"So is the arm working to standards?" The red haired general asked curiously.

Isabella nods looking at her arm in slight amazement "You know, when Dr. Brisby swore on this, I didn't believe him"

"Well it isn't the most peaceful looking device"

"Oh I know, but it does suit me, not to mention the fact that it has an internal plasma generator and ion field, with a ZPE shield"

"I just wish we could mass produce it" The Lioness sighs.

"Oh it is far to expensive for even JUST the generals to have it, but someday if that lunatic can ever finish anything" The Supreme One quirks and eyebrow "I done good?"

The Lioness laughs at the reference, for that was something Shona used to say teasingly "Yeah, You've done good!"

Belters
I am moving a portion of my fleet to my mining/trade post. They are for my defense, but consider them on call if anyone causes you anyproblems

Movements
Most of the fleet is moved to defend my extraterristial bases, with only The Han and several smaller frigates defending UAL earth. Their numbers increase as SIPS pumps out ships.

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-12, 10:48 PM
Nexus messages
Papacy
Our ship yards have been closed since the end of the Niten war. But we would be more than happy to produce any ship you give us the specs for. You will find our prices highly competitive, and we swear to use the up most confidentiality regarding ship design. However in this day and age you never can be to careful. We can build the superstructure, engines and basic wiring, if you wish to send a team, they can put in the final touches. This way you can be certain nothing was tampered with.

Niten
I'm sure the boys in accounting will be happy. But are you certain? We have little need of a military ship, and it seems a waste to convert such a regal vessel into a bulk transport. And given it's history selling it to another nation is out of the question.

We will begin the trade shipments immediately

UNE
We think you overestimate the danger that the Thumbs present. We are more than confident that our securty forces can stop any more attacks.

NRE
We wold be more than happy to join in in a joint venture. But we will have to shift assets to the area to begin building. It could take quite some time. Our nearest construction ship is near working in the belt. And it is hardly built for speed. If you want to begin construction, and we will join you as soon as we are able. I'll have someone send you the paperwork.

Belters
We woul like to increase trade. A new contract will increase the companies iron nickel and copper consumption to pre-war levels. Is there anyway we could deal with the Belt as a single trade entity instead of individual habs?

Children's responses
Opus Dei
It is nothing that you have done. We are displeased with the UAL's proposed COSS. We suspect ulterior motives. We were about to state our opposition, but the common consensus seemed to favor the proposal. So we held our tongues.

Niten
We would be more than happy to explain our faith. Our roots stretch far back into history, almost as far as Shinto. We can proudly boast being the worlds first true monotheism. The Prophet Zarathustra, also known as Zoroaster, was blessed by the one true god Ahura Mazda with a revelation. In his name we hold back the darkness and the forces of Ahriman. The prophet will return and we will be ready to greet him. If you wish to know more we would be more than happy to discuss theology with you.

Other Stuff
The Umbertian church gains substantially less ground than they would have hoped. This is due in large part to the Reform Church. An offshoot of the saintists who fled persecution from the holy inquisition. They are in the practice of sending priests to any gathering or proselytizing event the Orthodox church commissions. This activity has lead to recruitment numbers far below expectations.

Greystone
2008-11-12, 11:04 PM
Children of Zoraster
This is Hannah Lee, head of diplomatic affairs. We were wondering your take on COSS. We remeber that you consider yourself to be the epitome of goodness, yet as far as our records show you did not join the NUN. Are you going to join this new group?

Odus Dai
Hello, my name is Dr. John Cognar. I was to inquire on your stance of COSS. Will you be sending a delegate?

Construction of Justice Base

The UAL begins constructing of the new head quarters of COSS. All nations that send an official proclamation to join the organization may send scientists, architects, and workers to finalize the base, and to examine it for any wrong-doing.

To ALL nations
Anyone willing to join COSS announce it, so we may bring the Human race into the future!

LongVin
2008-11-12, 11:57 PM
Message to the ASN

We will begin construction as soon as possible to get the ball rolling on the project.

Mining ship departs for Io

In a contract with the All Solar Nexus, the Senate has announced that the Empire will establish the "Jupiter Mining Consortium" to provide Earth with cheap and readily availible iron ore.

A ship from Titan base will be dispatched within the week for Jupiter.

Additional Oceanic Cities Ordered

With the improvements in the construction of deep sea mining equipment an additional 4 Ocean Floor Cities have been slated for construction over the next two years. These cities will be built on the same mold that exist for two already under construction and will house 50,000 people.

Church of Umberto reaches out to the "Reformed Church"

Prince Amedeo, would like to extend a hand of peace and understanding to the Reformed Church and seek to find a peaceful end to the Schism that rocked the Church over 30 years ago. "As a result of this Schism, many of those who might be drawn to the faith instead are left undecided and thus unenlighted. We must strive to come together, renconcile our differences and become one Church once again."

RationalGoblin
2008-11-13, 12:04 AM
Hand

"I understand that you could acquire the Zero-Point Energy plans that the UAL holds for me. I can pay you generously for the plans, especially if you can damage the UAL's records of how to use or create Zero-Point Energy.

Furthermore, if you harass the Belters for a while, and then withdraw from their territory heavily when I ask you, I might just not notice your illegal activities in some parts of the system, if you catch my meaning. What do you say?"

Moral Wiz
2008-11-13, 12:10 AM
NREWe are... considering your offer once more. It seems that the scheme we were told of came from an... unreliable source, and your further actions still mark you peaceful

However, the actions taken in Greece, Corsica, Croatia and the other states of your empire still meet with our disdain. We're prepared recognize you, and have formal diplomatic ties, to help prolong peace and further building, but we do NOT agree with your method of governance, which oppresses those who do not agree with your views. That, as it stands, is exactly the same as the old empire. Simply marginally more subtle. And we will not recognize an expansionist Empire.

If the Senate agrees to recognize no more "bills of unification", under any name, the UNE government will establish diplomatic ties. Perhaps even further treatise. Thoughts?

LongVin
2008-11-13, 12:37 AM
@ UNE

While we are glad that the UNE is considering our offer to restore relations, we are also concerned over the UNE demand not to recognize "Bills of Unification."

We believe that this is a slap in the face to our nations sovereignty and an insult to free peoples everywhere. Should not a nation, region or people be given the right to choose which flag they fly? How can we deny people this right if they ask to join in union with the Empire.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-13, 12:51 AM
NREYou dare...

You DARE to accuse us of limiting people's rights?! You, the dictatorial theocracy who inherits the legacy of one of the most destructive and commanding states there has ever been?!

We have no objection to the Umbertian Faith, or freedom of people to choose. But your nations government limits personal freedom. Assuming control of other states, even with a majority requesting such, limits the freedom of the people within, especially those who did not wish to become Imperial. And that is something we object to, yes, on every level.

We are taking no action against the already "unified" states, reluctantly. We are already accepting concessions in the interests of peace. The least the Empire can do is make a similar consession to us.

After all, you're already expanding, with colonies all over the place. Any who wish to live within the Empire can travel to it. I'd describe that as perfectly fair, no.

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-13, 04:00 AM
OD
Opus Dei requests the establishment of embassy in every earth nation.
Missionaries are sent out sparingly across the world where they're allowed accordingly to our available numbers of them as we're already heavily involved in UNE and Papal territories.
OOC: Please state it if you refuse embassy or missionaries. Thank you.

After disgorging the settlers on Mars the small fleet of Opus warships head out towards the outer system. They stop at the Asteroid belt first and attempt to set up missionary outposts and a handful of representatives to deal with the local mining companies and other non-state factions (I don't think there's any sovereignty there I don't have Capital contact or am setting up Capital contact with). If all goes well they continue their trip to Niten and Dual Moon territories as well as Terran controlled colonies and set up formal embassies and missionary activities. Finally they move all the way out to the Oort Cloud to set up embassy and missionary activities, before returning home.
Meanwhile the other ships we have left will start mining activities in Pandorae of Mars and any choice pieces left in the Asteroid Belt.

OOC: (Note: Previous Orders for OD are on page 6.)

Sayn
2008-11-13, 10:08 AM
OD
We will allow your missionaries and your request to set up and embassy. However, we are a people of science, and we believe that you will find close to no support at all here. But we have no reason to refuse you. Not right now anyway. A reminder though: We are watching you. Try anything while on our territory, and you will wish you never heard our name.

Greystone
2008-11-13, 10:08 AM
Odus Dai:
Hello, this is Marcus Ramirez Han, Speaker of the Hivemind. We would be honored to receive your embassy, but unfortunatly we cannot allow missionaries. It is not safe to be of strong religious belief when wandering the UAL countryside. Strong predjudices against religion have popped up and are deeply ingrained and I do not believe you would be welcome by the populace. On the other hand we are opening diplomatic ties to all factions and nations.

Nexus
Hello, this is CEO Kevin Osbourne of Bio-Tech. We were wondering if you would be willing to open up trade between our to companies. Our best items, of course, are contracted by The UAL government, but I'm sure that we can find a way to make this profitable.

ARCH
When is that party on Valhallha? Are we going to create an allaince?

Technocracy
We would like to propose more than a simple research trade. My name is Doctor John Cognar and could I meet with a delegate to discuss an alliance?

Sayn
2008-11-13, 10:14 AM
UAL
This is Alpha speaking. What did you have in mind?

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-13, 11:10 AM
Pirates

Money mostly.

Eldan
2008-11-13, 12:08 PM
NRE:

In that case, we would prefer if contracts detailing the exact extents of the territories , orbits and asteroids your Empire claims would be worked out.

Nexus:

Since a unified trading organ, while not entirely possible within the belt, has been mentioned by several nations and organisations, some of the largest mining habitats have agreed to found a Trade and Mining Council, which will direct most of the trade of mining goods with these parties.

TMC founded

To facilitate trade with other nations and organisations, the habitats Crucible Eight, Opalia, New Lusaka and a few other, smaller ones have decided to found the Trade and Mining Council. Together, these habitats control nearly half the mining operations in the Belt, and hope that others will join them in the future.

LongVin
2008-11-13, 12:43 PM
@ UNE

We would gladly allow anyone in any future unified states who do not wish to belong to a unified government leave the nation for a destination of their choosing.

@Opus Dei

The NRE will allow you to establish embassies within the Empire but we can not allow missionaries as that would conflict the official religion of the Empire.

@ Belters

We will give you maps of territorial regions in which we have laid claim to for future sites or in that which we have already established colonies. But, we would prefer not to give you the exact location of our installations.

Is just the exchange of territorial maps acceptable?

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-13, 01:15 PM
Crackdown on Deep-Space Piracy

Several wings of Tengu-type assault fighters have been seen flying around the territories known as the Dual Moons. Bearing the Niten flag, they escort Dual Moon trading ships and civilian vessels. Pirates who attempt to overtake such vessels are dispatched with ruthless effeciency that gave the Niten Ichi such a fearsome reputation back during the war. The leader of these fighters, one Honda Tadakatsu, pilots a custom fighter known as Tonbogiri and is a peerless combat ace who flew over a hundred missions for the Niten Ichi during the war. The pirates are given the option of immediate and unconditional surrender or total annihilation.

On the Niten Ichi homefront, defenses are increased of all shipyards and trading points to protect against Piracy. Daimyo Uesugi himself oversees the training of Niten soldiers to better combat the pirates.

Opus Dei
We don't refuse your missionaries per se, however we would like to speak with you in person before we make any concrete desicions. when your captiol ships arrive in our territory, we will discuss such matters.

Dual Moons
Hey, that's my money you're offering to those pirates. :smallbiggrin:

Nexus
"We don't have much need for ships like that nowadays, either. Plus, that ship belonged to my Shogun, Musashi, and well...he didn't make it through the battle. It's a painful memory, and I bid you keep it. But yes, we shall begin trading at once."

Children
"We would graciously extend the invitation for an ambassador to come to our home. We shall send a transport to you shortly."

puppyavenger
2008-11-13, 01:53 PM
Belters We'd like to apply to the TMC with regards to our asteroid interests

Moral Wiz
2008-11-13, 02:01 PM
NRESo, you would tell people they can either lbe oppressed by you, or leave their entire life behind? Given current population problems, refugees won't get jobs. Simple as that. That'd destroy their futures, their hopes and dreams...

Yes, I know. It cuts both ways. But anything happening right now will only be detremental to someone, no? So isn't it best for both of us to not act to...

Hmm... The fact that you continue this discussion suggests, does it not, that you expect to have more states join you?

No current movement for such exists. The only way such a thing would happen is if one was... created. As was done 100 years ago.

Thus that in turn suggests... shall we say ulterior motives to the conversion focus of the Umbertian Faith in Eastern Europe.

You see why we are less than happy to welcome you with open arms?

Sayn
2008-11-13, 03:14 PM
Vision leaves Mars.

The Technocracy owned space station Vision, which had up until now orbited Mars, has left for Earth. It is expected to arrive fairly soon. So far no information has been released as to why it was suddenly decided for it to join its two sister stations.

New building project initiated by Equilibrium and Hope.

The two stations orbiting Earth has been reported to have launched several 'parts' into space, and are now putting these together. They have moved close together and small ships from both stations have been seen moving the pieces around and then fusing these together. It is forming a spire-like shape. It does not look much like a weapon, though little information is available at this time.

Actions:
Vision moves to join Hope and Equilibrium. Full speed, so as to arrive next turn.

Equilibrium and Hope begins to construct "the Spire", in order to be finished when Vision arrives.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-13, 03:18 PM
TechnocracyMind telling us what the construction project is? We are your allies, after all.

Sayn
2008-11-13, 03:37 PM
UNE
We do not mind. We cannot tell you all the specifics, of course, but we can tell you roughly what it is: It is a part of the new space station we are building. The center piece, actually. Hence a spire-like shape. We are sorry if you believed it to be a weapon. We know that it looks... suspicious, and we are sorry for that.

Mizka
2008-11-13, 04:07 PM
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/taosw/shadow2.jpg

Mahdilius arrived to me and said "my lady the planned waygate is now running"
"good "I said "shall we go see the workleader" Mahdilius asked "yes that would be good"I answered. and we left to the one of my ship's
After some traveling to the construc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I smelt the melting steel in my nose and my lungs filled up with gas of a melting steel when watched the greatest generation of United traders history the glorious ship factory,waygate and armory in hole galaxy will been ready in couple months this giant waygate will been able to provide unbelievable fast trading and ship building (we build best ships in hole galaxy)

Talk to the worker

Goodday my lady :worker leader

Goodday my citizen :Miniaanri

how is the waygate project going :Miniaanri

very good my madam we are in schedule :workleader

that's good keep up an good work :Miniaanri

Yes madame. As you wish :workleader

Actions: Building up an huge waygate (ready at *********)

LongVin
2008-11-13, 04:58 PM
NRESo, you would tell people they can either lbe oppressed by you, or leave their entire life behind? Given current population problems, refugees won't get jobs. Simple as that. That'd destroy their futures, their hopes and dreams...

Yes, I know. It cuts both ways. But anything happening right now will only be detremental to someone, no? So isn't it best for both of us to not act to...

Hmm... The fact that you continue this discussion suggests, does it not, that you expect to have more states join you?

No current movement for such exists. The only way such a thing would happen is if one was... created. As was done 100 years ago.

Thus that in turn suggests... shall we say ulterior motives to the conversion focus of the Umbertian Faith in Eastern Europe.

You see why we are less than happy to welcome you with open arms?

@ UNE

We find it extremely insulting that you continue to call the Imperial government to be an oppressive regime when we have an extremely high standard of living, a strong economy and our people are given the freedom to do as they please.

We are meremly trying to leave the door open for the possibility of nations wishing to join with the NRE. We do not want to deny any nation the chance to peacefully and willingly merge with the Empire.

Furthermore, the Church of Umberto is seperate institution from the Imperial Senate. As such, as the Church is allowed to seek new converts whereever they choose without interference from the government.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-13, 05:17 PM
NREEconomic and technological progress does not grant you morality. None but ARCH would say so, and even they ask for a little more than that.

Your people given the freedom to do as they please? Meh. That's... debatable, to put it mildly. The church may be a separate institution? In the technical sense. Yet the Church has the power to arrest any governor of the state, any member of the military... Back in that religious dispute not so long ago, people were fined and persecuted for their beliefs. And the Senate did nothing.

Perhaps they are different organizations. But don't tell us the Church is not in charge. They are your state religion. You do not allow representatives of other faiths within your borders. Perhaps we judge you too harshly, and if so, I am sorry. But we are not blind.

Well, no such state currently wishes to join you. There is no real reason for them to come to wish to, other than a concentrated campaign to spread imperial views in the area. Can you think of an alternate reason, right now, why such would be needed?

And when the Church starts focusing it's attempts to convert in one reigon, with no particular reason, then that... starts to seem to have alternative motives, no? If they simply wished more converts, why not recruit from within your own ranks? Why not make it a general campaign across the board?

OOCAny factual inaccuracies in this, point 'em out OOC please. I'm prety sure that's ok, facts wise at least.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-13, 05:36 PM
UAL

It's whenever you are ready for it, and yes, we are going to start an alliance.

LongVin
2008-11-13, 05:41 PM
@ UNE

And the people of our Empire are very happy about their current state and position. We are not holding them under the thumb of the military or forcing them to do anything.

While the Inquisition does theoritically have the power to arrest anyone for crimes against the state that power has rarely if ever been used. And, those who were fined during the schism were fined because they lended aid to a sect which was later deemed to be illegal and working against the Imperial government and the Official Church.

While no state currently has expressed interest in joining that does mean this situation would not be subject to change. There are numerous reasons why a state would wish union with the Empire be it political, economic, technological or religious.

We can not speak for Prince Amedeo on why he has chosen the Balkans to be the focal point of conversions as that is his affair and not ours. But, we can assume that if the Church had the numbers of missionaries and priests needed to launch a widespread conversion campaign across the entire Solar System they would, but since they do not have that they are forced to focus on one area at a time.

Moral Wiz
2008-11-13, 06:06 PM
NREWe are not disputing the happiness of your civilians. Those under the NAC brainwashing of 100 years ago were quite happy too, wouldn't you say?

A gun which does not fire is still a gun. To be uneasy about it being near you is not unusual, or unreasonable.

As to reasons for joining, none of those are enough in our view, and in the view of those governments, to justify the suspension of democracy. We can vote out leaders, which is a thing your people can not do. If unhappy with you, what can they do? Wave their arms a bit, yell somewhat.... little more. And few, I suspect, will be willing to do as much as that with the threat of the inquisition hovering over them.

If the circumstances are temporary, how would such a state regain it's liberty? They loose it through the power of their parliment... but then the NRE would control their government. And you are hardly likely to surrender power for so mutable a thing as popular consensus, no? You'd be handstringing the Empire.

A gun does not have to ever be fired to be a grave threat and evil. The point stands, I think. Even if they choose not to use it, for fear of the reaction, the inquisition wield absolute power within the NRE through their ability to arrest whoever they choose. A non-elected body doing that is the main reason we have not opened ties with you, as of yet.

And in that case, can you not simply ask him? He is the head of your church, and thus, by defual, your ruler, correct? Surely he will hear his people.

syst3mfreak101
2008-11-13, 08:08 PM
Duel Moons

Well we can be gettin' money and more from yeh ships gonna need ta add alittle more.

LongVin
2008-11-13, 08:44 PM
@ UNE

Do not compare us to the NAC which seeked to enslave the Roman people during the course of the Holy War.

Our people are allowed to voice any greviances they have with the Senate through regulated and scheduled townhall meetings. It is how we find out the needs and desires of our citizens. Many of those who regularly attend these meetings are then later appointed to local political positions so that they may better serve their communities.

You speak of the Inquisition like it is a boogeyman or Big Brother looking over everyone's shoulder. It is not, they rarely concern themselves with the affairs of state and attend mostly to mundane religious matters and the internal security of the Church itself.

Nor his Prince Amedeo our ruler. He leads the Church, the Senate leads the state. We do not concern ourselves with matters of the Church which is his domain and he does not concern himself with matters of the state.

The_JJ
2008-11-13, 09:32 PM
AGH!!!!!
Stop with the spoilers.

I've got zero esp. this is toture!!!

Greystone
2008-11-13, 10:55 PM
Isabella stands in front of a crowd for the first time since her accident, she looks fine, better than ever in fact. She wears a light blue tunic and tight pants. Over her shoulders lies a heavy pearl white cloak which covers both arms. Her fiery hair is pulled back in an elaborate ponytail covered by the Gold crown of her office.

"People of the UAL, as you all know I was shot down by a terrorist group known as the Green Thumbs. I can honestly tell you, that I would not be here without the skill of Ace Pilot Dash Fendaren who managed to dodge most of the missiles and Henry Goering, the Supreme Guard who shielded me with his body.

While Dash has survived, though he was much more hurt then I, Goering died on impact. I would like a moment of silence for that brave man"

She falls silent, as do all listeners.

"My arm was severely damaged in the attack. I was told by my doctors that amputation was the only way. I listened to their advice. Did I simply have it regrown? No, I thought that the UAL needs a symbol."

She flips the coat away. Her left arm is untouched but as she holds up her right the crowd sees it. Her arm is made of a sleek dark blue metal. At the end of the arm is a cruel looking claw that flashes in the light.

As the unlookers watch it is engulfed in a roiling vortex of flickering green plasma with black flitting through it.

"I will not have a true arm again until I am sure that my country no longer needs my protection. The UAL WILL be a major power of the solar system, a beacon of Justice like it should of been from the beginning. This"

The plasma burns higher.

"Will be the symbol of the new UAL, and we shall follow it into the new age of peace!"

The crowd cheers wildly.

to ninth
This is Saber of the UAL Internal Police, I was wondering if I could meet with someone important to discuss...matters...alone

Io and the Belt/Callisto
The bases expand and begin mining and trading at a ferocious pace. They are not hurrying, simply being extremly efficent. Also new habs are being set up so the new colonists from Earth have room

UAL stakes claim (open to all)
A signifigant part of Io, all of Callisto, and several asteroids are labeled as UAL territories, and colonists flock to them

The_JJ
2008-11-13, 10:58 PM
@ Saber
We're always willing to talk.

Greystone
2008-11-13, 11:02 PM
Ninth
Were do ya' wanna meet? I will be there (then we shall pm)

ARCH
This is Supreme One Isabella, prepare the party {ie post first}

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-13, 11:17 PM
OD

Machine Technocracy
Thank you. We are grateful for your open arms and appreciate the assessment of your people.
We find the warning a bit hurtful. Your sovereignty and structural integrities will be respected. In return we hope you will protect our missionaries and embassy properly. We look towards a warmer relationship. :)
An embassy and missionaries will be dispatched.
Regards,
Jesuit HQ

Dual Moons

Very well. Thank you for your consideration.

UAL & NRE
Wonderful! Isn't it great you're allowing us to set up an office within your state. We will use it to keep track of commodity prices within your state for merchant purposes.
Embassies are on the way.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-13, 11:42 PM
Celebration on Valhalla

A massive celebration has been scheduled on Valhalla, after seeing the success of the Belgrade celebration. Leaders of all nations are invited to join the celebration, to celebrate the peace that has (mostly) reigned throughout them.

Of course, all foreign visitors are reminded that, as there is suspicion of terrorists and assassins, everyone not natively from ARCH shall have their DNA tested. ARCH apologizes for the inconvenience, but reminds everyone that these are still troubled times.

Will Rowe, the Technissiah of ARCH, expresses his wishes that UAL leader Isabella come to the celebrations.

Opus Dei

"Hello, Opus Dei. My name is Will Rowe, and I am the leader of ARCH. I noticed your plea for all the earth-based nations to grant you an embassy. Technically, the only Earth-based holding of ARCH is the country of Georgia, and we do not even officially own it anymore. However, I took note of your request, and grant you a small embassy on each of the three ARCH battlestation ships, which are easily city-sized. Is this acceptable? We do not ask anything in return. Unless, of course, you own the city of Alexandria. If you do, we'd like to have it. We're planning an event there that will help millions. No, wait, it will help billions."

Other

ARCH also announces claims on Pluto and Eris.

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-13, 11:47 PM
To Arch Society from OD

You're so very kind! Thank you. We wish we could offer you Alexandria, but we will have to defer your request to the de facto owners, Zoropersia. Grace be with you.

To UAL from OD
Your announced claim to Io was expected by our Grand Masters upon first settlement due to your proximity and avaunt expansionist tendencies. Fine, we know you want much from God's world.
We did nothing at the time for we had meager resources and we knew in time it would all be yours.
However the situation has changed.
The Pope recently announced a wish to back our scrapped expedition plans and just days before your second and third overextension of claims akin to a wasteful landgrab of Callisto and Ganymede, three planetoids in less than three months... you cannot possible hope to fill it up with facilities for extraction, settlements and military bases.
At that time we agreed and started preparations for the journey.

While you have a right to Io as it is, we will keep to our compromise and hope the second large body of Jupiterian water will appease you as the Papacy and Opus Dei settle on Ganymede and Callisto. We do not oppose your intended settlements there, but we will land and we will claim our area of operations.

If you intend to fly over from your base and shoot at our fleets if we land amidst your flags in the middle of wasteland then so be it.

The world will see if you truly wish for peace.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-14, 12:05 AM
Representative to the Valhalla Celebration

A missive from the Yomi facility on Charon bleeps into Will Rowe's main office. On the screen is a man wearing a strange Noh mask, that of a hannya, its face grinning with malice and spite. The crimson of the skin is offset by the sickening yellow horns and fangs of the beast.

"Mr. Rowe...about time we spoke face to face, as it were...I would be more than happy to attend your celebration, if you don't mind. It'd give me a good chance to see what you all have been up to. Should we send DNA samples now, or will you be taking them there?"

Deeply Encoded Message within missive (Only Rowe can read)
"Coming out to my end of the system, eh? Perhaps you're hoping for a little cooperative action between yourself and my Unit 731?"

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-14, 12:09 AM
To Zoropersia from Opus Dei

Greetings, concerned citizens of Earth. We were going to call you back once we found a basis for an alliance as we see much good in you, but it seems events have overtaken us. We'll be asking for a favor regarding your fears. Please back us against the Americans if they truly intend to hang on to their paper conquests of entire satellite systems. It seems every day now some factions think they can sign off whatever is in their proximity regardless of their capability to usher forth prosperity or even profitable facilities and protection from pirates. Indeed it would not surprise us if the pirates themselves have bases there (and a joint effort would more quickly remove them).
We realize this is an issue that will benefit us, but it is an important principle of sharing. We hope you will back us, but regardless you remain our friends.
- Grand Templar Jeremiel

Message to the World from Opus Dei
Perhaps the world would be a more peaceful place if we sparsely settle every major region of vacant estate before we claim it. Pluto, Ganymede, Io, Eris, Callisto and that's all we've even bothered to keep up with.
There is room enough for plenty of us on most of them.

And if not? Then our convoy that just passed Jupiter will claim the Gas Giant itself for industrial siphoning and research.

LongVin
2008-11-14, 12:11 AM
Laying Claims

The NRE would like to announce that it is laying claim to the unclaimed portion of Io. We are also laying claim to the currently unclaimed "Inner moons" of Jupiter. And the moon Himalia.

In addition to Titan, the following moons of Saturn are being claimed for Imperial colonization. Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, and Rhea.

The NRE is also planning on establishing a base on Uranus as well as the Uranian moons of Ariel, Umbriel, Titania and Oberon.

Expeditions will be dispatched over the course of the next year to establish outposts at these locations.

RationalGoblin
2008-11-14, 12:21 AM
Niten

" Yg- I mean ARCH will be taking the samples on Valhalla. No offense, but quite honestly, we don't trust anyone else with the task acquiring their samples. But I digress. See you at the party."

Encoded message to Niten

Why yes, I am coming to your end of the system. Not because I wish to test myself against Unit 731, although that is a bonus. I am simply coming to your end because Earth, and the planets surrounding it are getting a bit crowded."

Encoded Message to Zoropersia/Children

"I have heard you have possession of Alexandria, Children of Zarathustra. I would like it for my own holdings. In return for it, I can provide you with an advanced psion locator, courtesy of the NRE. You can do with it as you see fit. I simply want Alexandria. In fact, if you plan on using it against them, I will support you. What do you say?"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-11-14, 12:24 AM
The Territory Formerly Known as ARCH
Of course...just don't lose your hats when you see mine..."
"Well, I hardly see a reason we can't do some...scientific cooperation. I mean, you'll be right there. And no one in Unit 731 judges people for their research methods..."

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-14, 12:24 AM
*Worldwide and in-system Satellite Broadcast by Opus Dei News Television**BREAKING NEWS**
An old, white-haired man appears on television.
I am the Head Jesuit of Opus Dei, Grenovich-san, and leader of the order. I hereby announce that Opus Dei broadens its claim to all the Jovian gas giants for the Church, landrights and athmospheric rights (siphoning rights) where a double twith (due to the risk of such an investment, yet we shall downgrade it to 20% when investments have been recouped) of the profits will go to the Church while the rest (60-80%) is spent on charity.
And thus with the flick of a pen, the mightiest conquest of mankind to date has been made!
We also claim the satellites of Neptune, and all unclaimed ice dwarfs of the outer sphere for those who can settle them. We encourage the All Aid organization and Zoropersia, the Church, the UNE, the Ninth Company, The Solar Nexus, the Machine Technocracy, the Dual Moons and the New Sovereignty of Europea and all other forces of goodwill to help us save these gifts for the responsible and efficient use of mankind.

"Now there should be nothing left unclaimed but dust, satellites around Neptune and Uranus the passing comet and other galaxies to claim. Perhaps now we shall experience how it is to settle on each other claims or respect them. And what bloodshed may happen from the former."
"Should the Children of God be forced by greedy Imperials of America or Italy to void ourselves of the naked yet bountiful fields set forth by our Lord then we will fight as lions for what has been claimed in our name."

Greystone
2008-11-14, 06:41 AM
Odus Dai
"No, I think not. Your grand masters may not realize, but These are the first planetoids we are laying claim too. The NRE on the other hand have claimed all of the satellites around Saturn and Neptune.

That would be nine planetoids. We wish just for our own little section of the solar system. While we will not blow you up, my fleet CAN turn you back or have your ships seized.

Human peace can only last so long as others do not strain it.

You have places to settle. At the moment even you lay claim to more than us.

I harbor no ill will if you wish to siphon off gases, just don't interfer with Jupiter base.

You may fight like liones, but not if we control your ships. If you truly want peace, you will leave my colonies alone!

Oh, and since I am the lead in cloning Tech, it'll be easy to fill up the planets, thank you anyway."

Colonies
Ground troops and colonists claim as much ground as possible

Mizka
2008-11-14, 07:21 AM
yes i'm same mind with JJ because i can't understand actions of others....
USE !

Moral Wiz
2008-11-14, 07:23 AM
We dispute the UAL's claim to lead in cloning tech. Our own is not isubstantial

As to the matter of the colonies, we wish to state our distress at the greed powers are showing in claiming wide sweeps of terretory, with no authority or agreement with outside bodies. Such imperialism has not been seen for a hundred years, and tends to be the harbinger of war. This is not a statment targeted at specific bodies, but a general one on the current "ethic" of colonization..

It is the UNE's view that the Council of the Solar System idea be brought forward. However, as the issue of colonization is a presing one, all who would join with the CotSS should immedietly dispatch dignataries to an emergancy summit on the question of interplanetary soverignty. Such a session would go a long way to prolonging peace and understanding.

As the nation with least political involvment, and least spacial presence, I would say that we are most suited to chair such a session. But if another wishes to do so, we have no objections

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-14, 10:14 AM
To UAL

We admit it turns out much of our information were flawed. It seems you have not yet taken all of Io or even touched down at Ganymede and NRE imperialism has become the worst problem with a full claim of nine planetoids.
Yet we remind you that our claims were made nearly entire in the name of charity (an eventual 80% once investments have been recouped) and humanity (the rest of the claims). We did not know you would respect them in return, but are glad to have this answer.
We shall do our best to honor your boundaries, in return we hope you will respect our one selfless claim of Ganymede for the Papacy, not ourselves, which you do not yet seem to covet and what unclaimed remains of Io for a water source.

Opus Dei hereby officially claims Ganymede and any remaining unclaimed parts of Io for the well being of the Papacy, we wish to notify the world also that there are no paper claims for Saturn's satellites and hope to see enterprising nations of any creature or kind embark on them, but that regardless most of our traditional 'claim' is open to anyone and thus is more placing it in 'the open source domain'. We look forward to the future!

To the World

We remind the world once again that our claims have been as such:

20% of profits from Jovian Gas Giants after investments have been recouped.
Remaining Uranus and Neptunian satellites and ice giants for humanity, and make that Saturn as well.
Ganymede and part of Io for the Papacy.

We have only asked a very small part for ourselves (one fifth of profits) in what proves to be risky and expensive ventures.

We remind you that we are not avid claimants, but protectors of the Solar system. Where the NRE and UAL and others claim land masses for themselves we have claimed all of the remainder for the common good of humanity. Those who colonize the majority of the claim shall be those who rightfully reap the rewards.

puppyavenger
2008-11-14, 10:38 AM
Papal Claims

although it's really just a formality, we would like to announce colonization plans for both moons of Mars to relieve the population pressure on Mercury and Luna until such time as Mars' Terraforming is completed

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-14, 10:44 AM
This is an aside, but we believe cloning lives to fill up new pieces of land is morally wrong. Not only is it being manipulative with God's gift of science for small purposes, it will also lead to increased conflict as resources are stretched to their limits.
Remember what villains misused the clones in the past and what they were set out to do.

The majority of the Dei fleet five-six points, depending on whether the outer solar embassy convoy has returnedarrives on Ganymede and any unsettled part of Io, disgorging settlers and setting up basic defenses to claim it properly. Some of the ships carrying construction equipment and resources supply the settlers with fusion (if we have it) reactors on Io and Ganymede to melt ice and provide power and fuel while the remainder carefully setting up the exoskeleton of a gas siphoning space station orbiting Jupiter.

puppyavenger
2008-11-14, 11:00 AM
Actions 1-2 points of space join the Opus Dei colonization fleet, and the ships over Mars begin setting up colonies on both Moons of Mars. more and more colonists are ferried from Luna and Earth

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-14, 11:31 AM
Pirates
No we don't. If you don't want our money then that's too bad for you."

The Dual Moons

"Because the nations of Earth has created this major expansion to surround the free space nations. The Dual Moons is forced, to make life better for all our fellow nations, to claim all nations not already claimed." Says the leaders of the Dual Moons. "We would be willing to negotiate with other nations to give these territories."

"We would be interested in the meeting that the UNE suggests."

Sayn
2008-11-14, 11:39 AM
The Machine Technocracy has decided to support the UNE proposal regarding the CotSS. Should such a summit come to be realized, the Technocracy will send their representative.

puppyavenger
2008-11-14, 11:41 AM
the Papal Union also supports the UNE proposal.