PDA

View Full Version : Stick inducted to Toy Hall Of Fame

whackboy
2008-11-08, 08:54 AM
the following yahoo news article was of particular interest to me since i love OOTS. hahaha!! :biggrin:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081107/ap_on_fe_st/odd_toy_hall_of_fame

have a great day!

Emperor Ing
2008-11-08, 08:57 AM
If you think about it...
they JUST added it?! c'mon people! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Silence
2008-11-08, 09:01 AM
A stick. Seriously?

Da King
2008-11-08, 09:06 AM
Where's the rock?

Earl of Purple
2008-11-08, 09:07 AM
One of my favorite toys is the box. I still play with one if I can get it.

Also, don't you laugh when a child is given an expensive new toy and they play with the box it came in?

InaVegt
2008-11-08, 09:17 AM
Where's the rock?

I play scissors.
Nerf Rock
Paper is fine.

Madmal
2008-11-08, 09:30 AM
One of my favorite toys is the box. I still play with one if I can get it.

Also, don't you laugh when a child is given an expensive new toy and they play with the box it came in?

*whistles innocently while remembering the wooden box from their family's first fridge*

Castaras
2008-11-08, 12:51 PM
Cardboard boxes FTW.

Cats like them as well. It's quite funny having stolen your parents wine box, that you get your cat getting itself stuck in it. :smallbiggrin:

rayne_dragon
2008-11-08, 02:48 PM
My roommate was telling me about this. I'm somewhat unerwhelmed by it all.

Besides who cares about the toy? The wrapping paper is more fun. :smallwink:

Semidi
2008-11-08, 03:02 PM
What about bubble wrap? Best. Toy. Ever.

Jack Squat
2008-11-08, 05:30 PM

I definetly agree.

I have a roll of it down in the basement :smallcool:

Rockphed
2008-11-08, 05:36 PM
We feel that this is a negative indication of the intelligence of the people who run said hall of fame. Having failed to recognize the stick as a great toy, and their apparent lack of box-love, simply shows that they are not up to date with the up and coming crowd.

Kinda like how Friday nights seem to be a TV black hole. In the 60s, star trek was put in the Friday night slot, and bombed within a season. Lately, the record is 4 shows. As George Takai put it, "Hip, up-and-coming people don't stay home and watch TV on friday night. They are out being Hip and Up-and-coming." We feel hip. We like sticks. Therefore, we will take our sticks and beat people with them.

KerfuffleMach2
2008-11-11, 12:42 AM
For you guys asking "What about the cardboard box?", it does mention in the article that the box was inducted in 2005.

As for that bubble wrap, we sell 150 ft. rolls of it at work for $20. With my discount, I could get it for about $15. :smallcool:

@V: Actually, people can go online and nominate toys. I think that's how toys get in. Number of nominations. If you wanna nominate a toy, then here's the link. (http://www.museumofplay.com/NTHoF/nominate.php) I've already nominated a few.

ocato
2008-11-11, 01:01 AM
...the ATARI was inducted before the BABY DOLL.

Clearly someone got on this committee through some sort of Affirmative Action quota requiring people who have had lobotomies.

I'm not insulting the Atari, but to call it a more quintessential, classic, and beloved toy than a baby doll is like saying yu-gi-oh is a more obvious and important childrens show than Sesame Street.

SnowballMan
2008-11-11, 06:28 AM
I definetly agree.

I have a roll of it down in the basement :smallcool:
<begins planning raid on Jack Squat's basement>

Best moment at work = 5ft of Bubble Wrap + Forklift

lordofthe_wog
2008-11-11, 07:08 AM
Best moment at work = 5ft of Bubble Wrap + Forklift

Oh the possibilities.
The very awesome possibilities.
Do tell.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-11-11, 07:16 AM
Ok guys. I've just heard the news. This is important, people must know. If we stick together, and branch out to gitp community (I have fliers in my trunk to help) we can make sure we don't leaf the moderators alone until they sticky this thread! Stick it to the man! viva la stick:smalltongue:

bluewind95
2008-11-11, 11:04 AM

I have to agree. So do other people, apparently, since I saw, at a toy store, an electronic bubble wrap simulator. It had little buttons and it made popping sounds. I wanted to get my hands on it, but I settled for a night vision device. Perhaps I'll get the electronic bubble wrap later. Imagine that. Endless bubble-popping.