PDA

View Full Version : If you could use any 3 Invocations, which ones would you pick? (3.5)

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-08, 09:26 AM
I was just thinking about a "which 3 spells would you pick if you could have any you wanted" thread which was active a while back, and I thought it would be interresting to see which Invocations would be popular if people could have them.

I'd pick Call of the Beast so that I could talk with animals, Retributive Invisibility due to how useful it could be, and Path of Shadow for transport. (Hellspawned Grace and Word of Changing would be great as well.)

If you're not familiar with Warlocks, here's a list of their abilities: http://www.devinweb.com/invocations.htm (each Invocation can be used an infinite number of times/day as well).

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-08, 09:50 AM
Path of the Shadows
Retributive Indivisibility

And I'm not sure. Fell Flight would be nice, but so would Call of the Beast. And Impenetrable Barrier would allow for some truly interesting possibilities. All Seeing Eyes would also be quite nice (being able to read and thus translate every language, even those that no one has been able to translate (like Linear A) and arguably being able to break any cypher).

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-08, 09:52 AM
Good point about All Seeing Eyes. I was thinking about Fell Flight, but then I remembered PoS is much better for getting about (at least if you need speed).

(V) I wouldn't; I hate spiders.:smalltongue:

streakster
2008-11-08, 09:55 AM
Fell Flight
Charm
Spidershape

I've always wanted to fly, having friends is good and a great way to solve problems, and Spidershape because who doesn't want to be a giant spider sometimes?

Optimystik
2008-11-08, 10:37 AM
Retributive Invisibility - Most handy spell ever
Otherworldly Whispers - to cheat on exams! :smalltongue:
Fell Flight/Leaps and Bounds - to impress my friends! Does Tumble have a synergy bonus with Perform? Its should!

If I could have a 4th, it would probably be Witchwood Step, so I'd be near impossible to catch.

Knaight
2008-11-08, 10:45 AM
All Seeing Eyes
Path of Shadow
Fell Flight

Starbuck_II
2008-11-08, 11:24 AM
Fell Flight: Always liked the idea of flying
Viodsense (blindsense would be cool)
Charm: I wouldn't mind more friends.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-08, 01:04 PM
Optimystik, Tumble can be used as a Perform check (having 5 ranks in it gives a +2 Synergy bonus to Jump and Balance checks, but it wouldn't work here due to not using skill points).

Danin
2008-11-08, 01:31 PM
Fell Flight or Path of Shadows (Both are cool, but in the end I think being able to fly would win out)
Devil's Whispers (Totally only used for the powers of good:smallamused:)
Otherworldly Whispers (Because knowing is half the battle!)

mabriss lethe
2008-11-08, 01:35 PM
Mask of flesh: You slap somebody ugly and steal their face. What's not to love about this?

Crawling eye: Great at parties

Devil's Whispers: Even better at parties. Also one of the best pickup lines ever.

monty
2008-11-08, 02:00 PM
Fell Flight, because flying is good.
Retributive Invisibility, because being invisible is good.
Dark Foresight, because precognition is good.

Dogmantra
2008-11-08, 02:36 PM
Devil's Whispers: It would just be a useful thing to have around
Devil's Sight: No need for torches, or even to spend money on lighting at all
Flee the Scene: Great fun, become a sporting prodigy!

golentan
2008-11-08, 03:23 PM
Fell Flight
Retributive Invisibility
Spidershape

All very cool invocations.

Draken
2008-11-08, 03:38 PM
I would go for:

Dark Discorporation - Sure, you fly. I turn into a swarm of bats and fly.
Tenacious Plague - Because I am creepy like that. >>
Otherworldly Whispers - Because you aren't just betting to know stuff better, you can also blame the voices.

Cybren
2008-11-08, 04:11 PM
Voidsense (Are you afraid of the dark?)
Beguiling Influence (these aren't the droids you are looking for)
Flee the Scene (that was just my shadow!)

Morandir Nailo
2008-11-08, 04:35 PM
Path of Shadow
Retributive Invisibility
Devil's Whispers

The perfect "Power Behind the Throne" setup. Jump from place to place, totally invisible, and whisper suggestions in the ears of world leaders, who will then think that they came up with the ideas *bwahahahahahaaaaa* :xykon:

Mor