PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape

Bronathair
2008-11-08, 12:39 PM
Anybody still play it? I tried to pick it up again recently... but it's not that hard to master, especially now that they have the grand exchange. to be honest I got bored with it very fast. But nonetheless, my guy is named Running_Bron

(Basiclaly I can't afford a WoW account so runescape was my second best option)

Nameless
2008-11-08, 12:46 PM
I don't care what anyone say's, it's awesome. :D
Paying for membership is so worth it. :P

If they had graphics like Guild Wars or even WoW, it would probably be conciderd a good game by most. :smalltongue:

T-O-E
2008-11-08, 12:50 PM
Yes, I've played it.
The thing I loathe about most MMORPGs is the sheer number of jerks flaunting their levels, items and intellect (or hence their lack of).

Ego Slayer
2008-11-08, 01:02 PM
The first thing that absolutely amazed me when I switched from RS to WoW was the sudden heightened level of maturity. I was insulted and annoyed more times in a week of playing RS than I have been in a year of playing WoW. :smalltongue:

That said, though... I did reach 94 and was a member for some time. :P I left right about the time they made changes to the trade system... this didn't please me in the least. Also, c'mon... I'm surprised they didn't fix the death system a long, long time ago. :smallconfused: I believe I mostly decided to quit 'cos I was wearing 3k+ gold in gear and accidentally died 'cos someone in RL needed my attention for all of two minutes... I got back to the death spot in time to either see someone picking up my gear or it vanishing. :smallsigh::smallsigh::smallsigh:

Optimystik
2008-11-08, 01:47 PM
If you're gonna go for a free MMO, I'd suggest Maplestory over RuneFail.

Better yet, pick up the old NWN plat or diamond edition on the cheap and play in some PWs. :smallsmile:

Ganurath
2008-11-08, 01:49 PM
The first thing that absolutely amazed me when I switched from RS to WoW was the sudden heightened level of maturity. I was insulted and annoyed more times in a week of playing RS than I have been in a year of playing WoW. :smalltongue:

That said, though... I did reach 94 and was a member for some time. :P I left right about the time they made changes to the trade system... this didn't please me in the least. Also, c'mon... I'm surprised they didn't fix the death system a long, long time ago. :smallconfused: I believe I mostly decided to quit 'cos I was wearing 3k+ gold in gear and accidentally died 'cos someone in RL needed my attention for all of two minutes... I got back to the death spot in time to either see someone picking up my gear or it vanishing. :smallsigh::smallsigh::smallsigh:*gets out his cane* I started playing when Magic was still Good and Evil, held out for the Clan Wars between Sabres and Messiah, and quit when they brought in Wilderness. I was there during the alpha strike on... that one island you get to from... Port Sarrim, was it? The place with the bananas... And I bore witness to the Massacre of Al Kharid! It was beautiful, my brother was the one who strategized it. Everyone in the Sabres logged off at the intended meeting point, the only one online was my brother. Then, the Messiahs came, talking big, demanding to know when the others would be arriving. Then, my brother sent the signal across AIM to launch the attack. It was like one of the ambushes in Dune, it was beautiful...

I miss the good ol' days.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-08, 04:08 PM
*gets out his cane* I started playing when Magic was still Good and Evil, held out for the Clan Wars between Sabres and Messiah, and quit when they brought in Wilderness. I was there during the alpha strike on... that one island you get to from... Port Sarrim, was it? The place with the bananas... And I bore witness to the Massacre of Al Kharid! It was beautiful, my brother was the one who strategized it. Everyone in the Sabres logged off at the intended meeting point, the only one online was my brother. Then, the Messiahs came, talking big, demanding to know when the others would be arriving. Then, my brother sent the signal across AIM to launch the attack. It was like one of the ambushes in Dune, it was beautiful...

I miss the good ol' days.
Good old day's. Years and years ago....

Also is it bad that I'd spread it to pretty much my whole grade back then toghetter with another kid?

There was me, that kid and another kid playing. *logs onto runescape at school*
other kid : Hey I know that game, it's cool, how high are you?
Another kid : Hey I play that to!
Random kids : How do you join?

*was totally a kick-ass geek trend-setter back in the days before therapy and high school*

Scratch the kick-ass, that's just me trying to inflate mah ego.

Fan
2008-11-08, 04:54 PM
I'm on right now..
Yourrat4 if anyone wants to play. :D

Nameless
2008-11-08, 05:11 PM
If you're gonna go for a free MMO, I'd suggest Maplestory over RuneFail.

Better yet, pick up the old NWN plat or diamond edition on the cheap and play in some PWs. :smallsmile:

DON'T change parts of names to try and show your point, it's annoying and childish, please.

:smalltongue:

@Troll: Yes, the people in the F2P worlds can be extremely annoying, it's best to either ignore, or act extremely patronising, that's usually how I deal with it. :smalltongue:

Fishies
2008-11-08, 06:40 PM
If you're gonna go for a free MMO, I'd suggest Maplestory over RuneFail.:

So many things wrong with this... :smalleek:

Yes, the people in the F2P worlds can be extremely annoying, it's best to either ignore, or act extremely patronising, that's usually how I deal with it. :smalltongue:

You still get a lot of annoying idiots on P2P servers, as well, though... try: Castle Wars worlds, Slayer tasks with a cannon, fighting over crowded spots, etc. etc.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-11-08, 09:27 PM
DON'T change parts of names to try and show your point, it's annoying and childish, please.

Agreed. Even though I don't play Runescape anymore, I can understand its appeal as a free MMO with a considerably large player base. Nonone should be able to tell you what is and isn't fun for you.

And yeah dallas, thats pretty much what happened to me back in middle school. Except I wasn't one of the spreaders, but rather one of the victims. :smalltongue:

Arian
2008-11-10, 01:32 AM
The GitP RuneScape Clubhouse (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17014) is not yet wholly deserted. :smallsmile:

mikeejimbo
2008-11-10, 01:48 AM
Yes, I've played it.
The thing I loathe about most MMORPGs is the sheer number of jerks flaunting their levels, items and intellect (or hence their lack of).

I find that Jagex has some of the worst player base in this regard.

Moonshadow
2008-11-10, 06:06 AM
If you'd rather play Maple over RS, you must be some sort of masochist.

Maple has 100x the jerks and drama that RS does.

Crispy Dave
2008-11-10, 01:58 PM

I wouldent say that unless you mean PTP worlds vs. maplestory

anyway I recently played it due to the new pvp worlds and that kept me busy for a few days.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-10, 02:06 PM
I guess this would be a bad time to mention I've always called Runescape "Fisher-Price's My First MMO"?:smallbiggrin:

I used to play it a few years ago, got bored and quit, ending up in a few other F2P games and finally WoW - I saw someone playing it yesterday though, and was honestly amazed at how well the graphics have improved in the intervening time...

someonenonotyou
2008-11-10, 04:21 PM
I use too play RuneScape but it got stupid and i stoped a after they went to runescape2 and a just tried recently agian cause everyone like this this is such a great game but it was even worse

Fishies
2008-11-11, 09:46 PM

Maplestory is also better at exchanging real world currencies for virtual pixels. I know people who spent $100+/a month on that game.

Flame of Anor
2008-11-15, 01:47 AM
I used to play it a while ago, but then I stopped. I came back when I heard it had changed, but it was so messed-up I quit immediately. The good old days of PvP in the Wildy are gone forever, for one thing. Another that bothers me is that there's no more "buying addy platelegs" or "selling rune scimmy 48k" or "follow for free stuff" or whatever (don't tell me the price is wrong, I never was high enough to use rune) in the main square...that player-to-player trading really made it feel real and alive, and the Grand Exchange just killed it.

The graphics are kinda okay, though.

And Ganurath, please, please tell your old Runescape stories! The alpha strike on Port Sarim...the Massacre of Al-Kharid...I always love to hear stories of people doing cool things in MMOGs!

EDIT: P.S. Stop it with Maple v. Runescape! You're going to get the thread locked if you keep escalating like this!

Athaniar
2008-11-15, 01:09 PM
While it has been quite a while since I played it, there are many aspects of it I enjoy, including the skill system, the music, and the general storyline. Still, I prefer World of Warcraft, but if they could upgrade the graphics again to match it, well...

Oh, another reason why I don't play it is the player-base, of course. That is probably a plus for P2P games.