PDA

View Full Version : Ink's Thanks to the Playground

Ink
2008-11-09, 12:15 AM
Hello everyone!

I hate to take up space to make a new thread about me, but I need and want to say thanks to all the good folks here. Earlier this year I was in an accident and ended up in a coma for some time. Atreyu made a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83692) about it, and so many people on this forum replied with well wishes, prayers, and enquiries. I'm deeply moved from reading the thread. I feel touched and privileged by your thoughts, your concern, and your friendship. Thanks, everyone. If you spent a thought on me, please know that I'm grateful, and thank you.

Haruki-kun
2008-11-09, 12:16 AM
*hugs*

Ink, we're just so glad you're back. :smallsmile:

B-Man
2008-11-09, 12:17 AM
Welcome back to the Playground Ink!

* hugs *

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 12:18 AM
Hey, no problem man, glad to spend thoughts on cool people. It's just one of the great things about this forum that if someone is hurt or in a bad situation, people will show up to offer condolences and kind words.

Glad you're back.

Ego Slayer
2008-11-09, 12:19 AM
Squeeeeeeee!! *huggles Ink* ^^; So happy to see you post. Worried lots so I'm glad to finally see you back. :smile:

Madmal
glad to have you back with us.

UncleWolf
I didn't have internet for that time so I didn't know, but had I known, I would have wished you the best of luck. It is good to have you here.

Nychta
2008-11-09, 12:23 AM
Squeee! *hugs*

So so so glad you're back and well :biggrin:

Recaiden
2008-11-09, 12:31 AM
I never knew about that thread, but I'm really glad that you're okay and came back to the playground.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-09, 12:35 AM
Iiiiiiink! I was wondering when you'd be back! *hugs, demands that he post more art*

BRC
2008-11-09, 12:47 AM
Inks Back!

Quickly! Quickly! Somebody get me party hats! And Balloons! And Cake!

ThePhantom
2008-11-09, 12:48 AM
Hurray for Ink's return!

FdL
2008-11-09, 12:55 AM
Glad you're back, man *hugs*
I was worried for you. It's good that you're well now and that you're with us again.

Serpentine
2008-11-09, 01:09 AM
(don't you hate it when you write a response in the wrong thread?)

Great to see you back and healthy again, Ink! Any lasting effects? Any cool scars to show us? And have you had any contact with the driver? Incidentally, I seriously considered dropping in to visit you when I was gonna be in Sydney... Then you woke up :smallsigh: :smallwink: :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-09, 01:31 AM
Good to have you back Ink!
*hugs*

And any cool scars?

Ink
2008-11-09, 02:04 AM
Great to see you back and healthy again, Ink! Any lasting effects? Any cool scars to show us? And have you had any contact with the driver? Incidentally, I seriously considered dropping in to visit you when I was gonna be in Sydney... Then you woke up :smallsigh: :smallwink: :smalltongue:

And then you decided not to cause then you'd have to talk and listen to me, right? :smallwink:

Scars? Quite a few, but not very noticeable. The biggest effect is being in a wheelchair now after having steel plates inserted, but I'm slowly walking again, or at least trying to. As for the driver, I've talked with him and his parents. They came to visit me in the hospital a couple of times. He seems like a nice kid.

Inks Back!

Quickly! Quickly! Somebody get me party hats! And Balloons! And Cake!

I'm not allowed to eat cake, unfortunately. Party hats and balloons I can do.

And hey, thanks for the welcome, everyone. Angel hugs all around!

UncleWolf
2008-11-09, 02:16 AM
And then you decided not to cause then you'd have to talk and listen to me, right? :smallwink:

Scars? Quite a few, but not very noticeable. The biggest effect is being in a wheelchair now after having steel plates inserted, but I'm slowly walking again, or at least trying to. As for the driver, I've talked with him and his parents. They came to visit me in the hospital a couple of times. He seems like a nice kid.

I'm not allowed to eat cake, unfortunately. Party hats and balloons I can do.

And hey, thanks for the welcome, everyone. Angel hugs all around!

Hope you can walk soon(in the meantime though, you can always go to parties dressed as Dr, Strangelove:smallwink:). And when they rebuilt you, did they have the technology to make you faster, stronger, and smarter? Well, faster and stronger anyways. :smalltongue:

Seriously though, its great that you recovered(and even better that you came back to us).

Serpentine
2008-11-09, 02:39 AM
And then you decided not to cause then you'd have to talk and listen to me, right? :smallwink:Also I wanted to stare at you as you slept O.O

As for the driver, I've talked with him and his parents. They came to visit me in the hospital a couple of times. He seems like a nice kid.That's nice :smallsmile: Glad there's no really hard feelings, and he's... faced up to his mistake, whatever that was (I forget what caused it), or something like that.

And when they rebuilt you, did they have the technology to make you faster, stronger, and smarter? Well, faster and stronger anyways. :smalltongue:Alternatively, do interesting things pop out of you when you say "Go go gadget [whatever]"?

Castaras
2008-11-09, 04:45 AM
INK!

*doesn't huggle, because she realises he's still recovering*

*waves* Good to see you back. :smallbiggrin:

Exachix
2008-11-09, 04:46 AM
Yay! Welcome back!

Alarra
2008-11-09, 04:51 AM
Welcome back! You were very missed and I'm so glad you're recovering as well as you are. *big hug*

Mordokai
2008-11-09, 04:53 AM
Good to see you back man. Hope your recovery is a speedy one and that it leaves you with as few marks as possible.

PhoeKun
2008-11-09, 04:54 AM
Welcome back, Ink. I don't believe we've ever really talked, but I'm still very relieved and happy to see you back amongst us. ^_^

Zar Peter
2008-11-09, 05:01 AM
* joins in the jubilation about Ink's comeback *

Glad to see you again at last! All the best for recovery and getting out of the chair!

SweetLikeLemons
2008-11-09, 05:30 AM
I am so glad that you are back! Keep getting well, please.

onasuma
2008-11-09, 05:35 AM
You cant eat cake? That is clearly deserving of kind of mass sorrow from everyone around here.

On a happier note: Yay! Ink is back! And mostly working!

SMEE
2008-11-09, 06:02 AM
Welcome back Ink. :) It's good to see that you're recovering well. :smallsmile:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-11-09, 06:54 AM
I'm EXTREMELY glad to see you on the path to recovery, Ink. You've crossed my mind more than once since that previous thread faded into the background, but then I assumed no news was good news.

One has to wonder...Why aren't you allowed cake? Do they fear your metal plates will become choclate covered or something? :smallconfused:

Archonic Energy
2008-11-09, 06:55 AM
:smallsmile:
Welcome back Ink Trias,

as you can see we kept the SMBG H/H seat warm for you...
you're even in the top 10!

InaVegt
2008-11-09, 06:58 AM
Welcome back, Ink.
AHI45RANPHK
I'm afraid I must've missed the thread about the bad news, but I'm glad you recovered anyway.

Ink
2008-11-09, 08:20 AM
One has to wonder...Why aren't you allowed cake? Do they fear your metal plates will become choclate covered or something? :smallconfused:

Haha, no, the metal plates have nothing to do with it, it's something else entirely. I'm off all dairy right now and trying to be really healthy.

:smallsmile:
Welcome back Ink Trias,

as you can see we kept the SMBG H/H seat warm for you...
you're even in the top 10!

Thanks, my archony friend. I'm happy to be alive, both in the real sense and the H/H sense. By the way, ever heard of clearing out your PM box? :smallwink:

wxdruid
2008-11-09, 08:55 AM
Welcome Back Ink, Missed you! Hope you recover quickly. :smallsmile:

dish
2008-11-09, 09:03 AM
Even though we've never interacted, I am so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

No cake? :smallfrown:
Umm, in that case I bring you:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/dishuiguanyin/elephants-on-parade.jpg
A parade of elephants.

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-09, 09:16 AM
I also didn't know you very well, but I'm very glad to hear you're ok! Welcome back!

Indurain
2008-11-09, 09:32 AM
Hey Ink, I was going to give you a parade of elephants to celebrate your comeback, but I've been beaten to the punch.

Seriously, it's so great to hear from you. You were in our thoughts all summer. All the meetups I went to this year, your name was brought up and our best wishes went out to you.

So glad to hear you're back. If you're not going to eat your cake though, can I have it?

Serpentine
2008-11-09, 09:58 AM
You can have it, but you can't eat it.

EmeraldRose
2008-11-09, 10:06 AM
Ink! It's great to see posts from you! I'm so glad you're recovering, and hope your PT isn't too terribly torturistic (is that a real word?). Anyway, rest and recover, we want you back among us as soon as you can :smallbiggrin:

*hugs*

banjo1985
2008-11-09, 10:31 AM
Great to see you back Ink! Nice to know you're recovering well and that you're starting to get up and about again.

As you can't have cake, I'm going to post you a bagel or something, frozen or something so it doesn't rot on the trip! :smallbiggrin:

Amiria
2008-11-09, 12:00 PM
Ink is back ! Great news !

I was worried a bit because it was very quiet again after that one post in St. Sinner's old thread.

* hug * http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/amiriasmiley.gif

Welcome back !

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-09, 12:11 PM
Haha, no, the metal plates have nothing to do with it, it's something else entirely. I'm off all dairy right now and trying to be really healthy.
No milk? All weep! For Ink is truly lost:smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2008-11-09, 12:19 PM

Huh, you'd think that the doctors would want you to drink milk. Unless the milk would make the bone grow around the plates. That make it hard for them to remove the plates later. Are they going to remove them?

EDIT: Just actually realized what you wrote. Please ignore me. (and there should be a few cake recipes that don't have milk in them)

Lord Herman
2008-11-09, 12:39 PM
(and there should be a few cake recipes that don't have milk in them)

How about pure chocolate cake? Made of 100% cocoa? As in, there's nothing but cocoa in it?

Em Blackleaf
2008-11-09, 12:58 PM
INK! :smallbiggrin:

*Huggles*

Welcome back!

Midnight Son
2008-11-09, 01:25 PM
Good to hear you're doing well, Ink. Welcome back and all that.

Archonic Energy
2008-11-09, 02:16 PM
Thanks, my archony friend. I'm happy to be alive, both in the real sense and the H/H sense. By the way, ever heard of clearing out your PM box? :smallwink:

actually i did that before i found you were back... :smallredface:

H/H creates too many PMs :smallamused:

Klose_the_Sith
2008-11-10, 04:52 AM
Woot! A person I don't know has recovered!

Charity
2008-11-10, 05:11 AM

He hates housework in all its myriad forms...

It's good to see you back Ink, and great to hear you are recovering well... we'll make you some non dairy cakes matey don't worry.

Felixaar
2008-11-10, 05:23 AM
I'm not allowed to eat cake, unfortunately.

Woah, is it really worth living then? I kid.

I don't know you personally but I can atest that everyone at GenCon was very worried, so you must be a pretty cool guy. Glad to hear you made it back to this crazy world. :smallsmile:

Nychta
2008-11-10, 05:30 AM
Non-dairy: Replace butter with equivalent amount of olive oil. You may find it strange, but it works, and is often moister than dairy cakes. In some cakes you can replace milk with water or soy milk.

And this is how I survived 10 years without dairy. You've proven you're tough - this will be eeeeasy :smallbiggrin:

If you miss ice cream, sorbet is good.

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-10, 05:44 AM
Ink! How fantastic it is to see you up and about (ish). We'll continue to wish for a full recovery and there's no doubt in my mind you've got the moxy to do just that.

*starts making plans to have Ink at GenCon 2009* :smallcool:

St.Sinner
2008-11-10, 07:43 AM
So glad to hear you're back. If you're not going to eat your cake though, can I have it?

No chance. The cake-eating job is taken!

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-11-11, 12:24 AM
Welcome back, Ink! It's good to hear that you're doing a lot better! :smallsmile: I'm sure there are a lot of great non-dairy desserts you can still enjoy.

Thes Hunter
2008-11-11, 01:17 AM
Welcome back Ink!

Ink
2008-11-11, 03:56 AM
I appreciate everybody's valiant efforts to stuff cake down my gullet, but really, I'm good. :smallwink:

*starts making plans to have Ink at GenCon 2009* :smallcool:

You're gonna move GenCon to Australia? Aww, you guys!

Thanks again, everyone.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-11, 11:23 AM
Okay, so the world in on the back of a giant turtle right? So all we need to do is have Valiant Turtle or Happy Turtle or whoever is holding the world today to shift around enough to jostle Australia next to the U.S. Then Ink can drive to Gencon. While we're at it, lets just have them reform that Pancreas or Pangaea thingy, so we can all hang out together.