PDA

View Full Version : "Do not bounce"

Icewalker
2008-11-09, 01:29 AM
Inspiration (http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5626/horriblemotivatorbouncebz7.jpg)

Nitroglycerin Ooze
Medium Ooze
HD 10d10 +95 (140 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Init: -5
AC 5; touch 5; flat-footed 5
(-5 Dex)
BAB +7; Grp +10
Attack +7 Explosive Glob
Full-Attack +7 Explosive Glob
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Explosive Glob, engulf, reform
Special Qualities Blindsight 60 ft., Contact Explosive, Flammable
Saves Fort +11 Ref +7 Will -2
Abilities Str 16, Dex 1, Con 26, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills
Feats Toughness x5 (B)
Environment Any
Organization Single, Blast Wave (2-8)
Challenge Rating 11
Treasure 1/4 normal
Alignment Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement 11-15 HD (Medium), 16-21 HD (Large), 22-28 HD (Huge)

The strange colorless oily blob sits there. It sways ever so slightly in the air, and seems to give off a vaguely tangy scent.

Nitroglycerin Oozes, known more commonly as Blast Oozes, are the creations of some mad alchemist. They are extremely uncommon, but even more dangerous.

Explosive Glob (Ex): As a ranged touch attack with a range of 10 feet, a nitroglycerin ooze may fling a blob of itself at an enemy. This deals 3 damage to the ooze. The target takes 2d6 damage, half fire and half force. Those in adjacent squares to the target take half of this damage.

Engulf (Ex): Although it moves slowly, a nitroglycerin ooze can simply mow down Medium or smaller creatures as a standard action. It cannot make an explosive glob attack during a round in which it engulfs. The nitroglycerin ooze merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Opponents can make opportunity attacks against the ooze, but if they do so they are not entitled to a saving throw. Those who do not attempt attacks of opportunity must succeed on a DC 19 Reflex save or be engulfed; on a success, they are pushed back or aside (opponent’s choice) as the cube moves forward. Engulfed creatures receive double damage from the ooze's Contact Explosive ability, and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body. The save DC is Strength-based and includes a +1 racial bonus.

Contact Explosive (Ex): When hit by a strong enough bludgeoning force, there is a chance that a nitroglycerin ooze will violently detonate. Whenever a nitroglycerin ooze takes force of bludgeoning damage, it must make a Fortitude save DC equal to the damage dealt or explode violently before receiving the damage. This explosion deals damage equal to half the current hit points of the ooze, or equal to the full hit points to any creature engulfed. Half of this damage is fire damage, half force damage. The radius of the explosion is 5 ft. per 10 hit points the ooze currently has.

Reform (Su): When a nitroglycerin ooze is destroyed by its contact explosive ability, it regenerates back into existence after 1d6 rounds, at only 5d10+40 hit points. This removes any status effects upon the ooze. The ooze regenerates in the square it was when it exploded unless this is no longer possible, in which case the ooze forms in the nearest open square. If a creature of size medium or smaller is currently in the square where the ooze would reform, they must make a Reflex save or be automatically engulfed at +5 DC.

Flammable (Ex): If a nitroglycerin ooze comes into contact with fire, it incinerates and quickly burns up. If lit on fire, a nitroglycerin ooze takes 3d6 damage from it per round, as well as dealing this damage to any creature engulfed within it.

[hr]
Inspired by that lovely little warning label on the silver briefcase.

:smallbiggrin:

Kellus
2008-11-09, 01:30 AM
Silly Icewalker! Everybody knows that wonderflonium is only good for stopping time!

Still, nice monster. :smalltongue:

rayne_dragon
2008-11-09, 10:28 AM
:smalleek:

Worst Ooze ever. I mean it in a good way though, as in "I would not willing fight this monster in melee combat".

Pirate_King
2008-11-09, 03:32 PM
Kind of off-topic, but when I saw the thread title "Do not bounce," the first thing I thought of was Wonderflonium from Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

Zeta Kai
2008-11-09, 03:48 PM
Kind of off-topic, but when I saw the thread title "Do not bounce," the first thing I thought of was Wonderflonium from Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

:smallsigh: Do people even read any more? Wonderflonium is the whole inspiration for this monster.

DracoDei
2008-11-09, 04:13 PM
Personallly I would replace the force damage it deals with bludgeoning... I really don't see this thing hurting ghosts, or bypassing DR with the non-fire part of its damage.

Also, fire should detonate it I would think...

golentan
2008-11-09, 04:19 PM
It shouldn't really be half fire damage, Nitro doesn't give off a whole lot of heat as it goes up. It's pretty much all the shockwave.

But really nice monster.