PDA

View Full Version : Holy box there's a comic about the Cobra Unit

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-09, 03:16 AM
Just for clarification, I mean the boss squad from Metal Gear Solid 3, The Pain, The Fear, The End, The Fury, The Sorrow, and The Joy, back when they were formed in Word War II. Not GI Joe's villains.

http://www.thecobradays.net/index.php

As The Last Days of FOXHOUND's biggest fan, why the hell wasn't I informed of this?

Bonus: unlike the LDoF guy, this person can actually draw.

SnowballMan
2008-11-09, 05:07 AM
A little set up would have been nice. I was thinking this was a comic about the bad guys from G.I. Joe.

Though the phrase "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling Nazis." made me laugh.

idksocrates
2008-11-13, 06:57 PM
bleck, too much text.

(pot calling the kettle black)

Fri
2008-11-13, 10:54 PM
what hooked me on last days of foxhound were the writing/humor, not the drawing though.

Ascension
2008-11-13, 11:34 PM
Looking at the archives, it apparently updates approximately whenever the guy feels like, which is not often. Pass.

Besides, as previously said, the draw of Last Days of Foxhound was the humor.

Enlong
2008-11-14, 10:25 AM
Looks like a really sweet comic. I'mma follow it, I think.
Also, I don't much care about a sporadic update schedule; if I did, I'd have given up entirely on Captain SNES about a year ago.

Edit: though the lack of updates since August is disconcerting. Then again, there's precedent for really good comics that have been gone longer.

Edit Edit: And, what, there's no good humor here? I find that hard to accept, after having read throgh a couple dozen comics.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-14, 12:49 PM
The humor's good. Chris Doucette would say it needs more swearing, but considering the creator's focus is obviously on the art (started as a project on DA), it's a pretty funny and decently-plotted comic, gratuitous fourth wall self-mockery aside.

And maybe I found it after it had gone on hiatus, looking at the dates...oh well. I can still enjoy bishie!Sorrow for the amusing idea he is.

Enlong
2008-11-14, 06:45 PM
The humor's good. Chris Doucette would say it needs more swearing, but considering the creator's focus is obviously on the art (started as a project on DA), it's a pretty funny and decently-plotted comic, gratuitous fourth wall self-mockery aside.

And maybe I found it after it had gone on hiatus, looking at the dates...oh well. I can still enjoy bishie!Sorrow for the amusing idea he is.

More swearing? You have been reading The Fury's lines, right?

Turcano
2008-11-14, 07:12 PM
I don't like the characterization much, but it's okay on its own merits (sporadic updating notwithstanding). I prefer Doucette's portrayal as the one freak-based SP unit that did get along, but that doesn't really make for the funny times as well as impulsive psychopathy.

Nevrmore
2008-11-14, 07:14 PM
Checked it out a few months ago, not my style. The fact that the author (who is a girl, by the by) made The Fear an inexplicable bishounen who looks nothing like he ever did in the game was just the first sign of the juvenile humor and the stupid romances.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-15, 02:36 AM
More swearing? You have been reading The Fury's lines, right?You have read The Last Days of FOXHOUND (http://www.gigaville.com/listcomic.php), right?