PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Classes that grant immuninities

Thurbane
2008-11-09, 07:11 AM
I had a character concept for a Paladin of Freedom 3/Dragon Shaman 5, and I realised that he would be immune to paralysis, sleep, frightful presence of dragons and compulsions. Is there a PrC or another class dip I could take to net him immunity to fear, and also possibly Mettle?

Epinephrine
2008-11-09, 08:27 AM
Legendary Leader (Heroes of Battle) grants immunity to fear at 1st level. Doesn't grant Mettle, but has progressive Luck bonuses to saves. They also get a Commander aura at 1st level, and a 2nd aura at 5th.

Pious Templar (C.Divine) gets Mettle at level 1.

Saph
2008-11-09, 08:35 AM
Poison immunity's my personal favourite. Despite what some people were saying in the Monk thread, I've found it very useful with my druid in our WLD game.

- Saph

jcsw
2008-11-09, 09:12 AM
Voidmind Template (+3LA): Immunity to mind affecting, immunity to ability damage. Also has some nice stuff.

One of several undead templates: Immunity to Mind Affecting, Immunity to (non-item affecting) Fort Saves, Immunity to Death Effects, Immunity to Critical Hits, Immunity to Healing.

Starbuck_II
2008-11-09, 09:15 AM
I had a character concept for a Paladin of Freedom 3/Dragon Shaman 5, and I realised that he would be immune to paralysis, sleep, frightful presence of dragons and compulsions. Is there a PrC or another class dip I could take to net him immunity to fear, and also possibly Mettle?

Hexblade gives Mettle I believe.

Bayar
2008-11-09, 09:47 AM
Poison immunity's my personal favourite. Despite what some people were saying in the Monk thread, I've found it very useful with my druid in our WLD game.

- Saph

Yeah, you have a lot of poisons there. And diseases :smallbiggrin:

Prometheus
2008-11-09, 09:51 AM
Monks offer immunity to success.

Wizards offer immunity to challenges.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-09, 10:09 AM
Monks offer immunity to success.

Now, now. That would be True Namers. A monk, when properly built, can enjoy some limited success but a True Namer just can't. :smallwink:

Flickerdart
2008-11-09, 10:17 AM
Now, now. That would be True Namers. A monk, when properly built, can enjoy some limited success but a True Namer just can't. :smallwink:
Now, now. There was a thread on the Wizards boards that had them sort of not suck with a lot of optimization.

Now, CW Samurai are just doomed.

hotel_papa
2008-11-09, 12:33 PM
Making him/her/it warforged will grant immunity to poison, and the option of feats and the warforged juggernaut class which give him many of the immunities granted to constructs.

Ponce
2008-11-09, 12:37 PM
Be a warforged.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-09, 12:38 PM
Be a warforged.

Be an undead warforged for added fun.

jcsw
2008-11-09, 12:44 PM
Be a ghost warforged for yet more fun

Glyde
2008-11-09, 01:40 PM
Half-Dragon Feytouched Ghost Warforged?

Copacetic
2008-11-09, 01:46 PM
Half Giant Half Celestial Half Golem Half-Dragon Feytouched Ghost Warforged?

Fixed it for you.
Grants immmunity to logic.

jcsw
2008-11-09, 01:46 PM
Greenbound Half-Dragon Feytouched Ghost Warforged?

(Greenbound makes you a plant, and therefore doubly immune to crits!)

Heliomance
2008-11-09, 02:02 PM
Shove on Half Fiend and Half Celestial for added Immunity to Logic

jcsw
2008-11-09, 02:03 PM
And Anarchic for good measure!

Heliomance
2008-11-09, 02:04 PM
Not to mentiaon Axiomatic

Adumbration
2008-11-09, 02:12 PM
Guys, I think he wants to know classes, not templates, since his character is already made. He just needs something to class into later on, I figure.

Keld Denar
2008-11-09, 04:35 PM
Greenbound Acidborn Half Red Dragon Troll?

RAWR IKEA TARRASQUE!!!

mabriss lethe
2008-11-09, 05:04 PM
Binders slowly gain a fair number of immunities as you progress in the class.

Soul guardian class feature nets you....
6th lvl: immunity to fear
9th lvl: Slippery mind
13thlvl: immunity to energy drain and negative levels
19th level: immunity to mind affecting spells and abilities

Pact augmentation gets you the choice of....
improved saves
energy resistance
DR
and a few other bonuses

Several vestiges give you nice immunities and defenses

Acererak gives you immunity to cold and electricity damage

Agares gives you fear immunity

Aym gives you fire resistance

Balam gives you the ability to reroll any save attack or skill check 1/5 rounds.

Buer gives you immunity to disease and poison

Dahlver-nar gives you immunity to wisdom drain/damage madness, insanity and confusion effects

Dantalion gives you what might be called an immunity to hostility

Haagenti gives you immunity to spells like polymorph or petrification

Huares gives you a 50% miss chance on AoOs made as you move past someone and mindblank

Ipos protects you from the negative effects of a hostile planar environment

Marchosias gives you a gaseous form and everything that entails

Shax gives you freedom of movement and immunity to electricity

Albonor
2008-11-09, 05:07 PM
Hellreaver grants mettle at level 4 and fits perfectly with your concept. He also is immune to fear while in his "righteous fury (level 1)that last as long as you don't waste all his fury points. and strikes good with any melee weapon...and...and....and. That PrC kicks butts...

ChaosDefender24
2008-11-09, 05:41 PM
Dragon slayer from Draconomicon works
So does Death Delver from Heroes of Horror but it's awful

Thurbane
2008-11-09, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the advice - I was looking for classes rather than races/templates, but it's all good...

AmberVael
2008-11-09, 06:48 PM
One level of Cleric, taking the Dream domain, will net immunity to fear. If you take the Pestilence domain, you will also become immune to disease.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-09, 10:46 PM
Necropolitan. Grants the Undead type with it's laundry list of immunities, and unlike other Templates, is added by a ritual, so it can be done after char creation. Costs 1 level+1,000 XP, but can re-earn them easily.

Flickerdart
2008-11-09, 10:55 PM
Someone should make a pie chart for those templates...let's see how all those halves look in a circle.

Darrin
2008-11-09, 11:29 PM
There are a couple soulmelds that offer immunity. You can pick them up with a dip into Incarnate or a couple levels of Chameleon (floating feat allows you to shape all the basic soulmelds). Picking up the Shape Soulmeld feat would also work.

Pauldrons of Health: Immune to disease, sickened and nauseated effects. Binding it to your shoulders makes you immune to energy damage.

Planar Ward: Immune to most mental control/effects.

Necrocarnum Mantle: Immune to disease.

Shedu Crown: Immune to bull rush.

Threefold Mask of the Chimera: Cannot be flanked.

There are some regional feats for Forgotten Realms that make you immune to certain fear effects like shaken (very useful when combined with Quick Recovery or Cumbrous Will). The Lolth-Touched template also makes you immune to fear.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2008-11-09, 11:40 PM
For a one-level dip, Dragon Slayer (DCN) is definitely worth a look, as is Tattooed Monk (CW) if you can meet the requirements.

Occult Slayer 5 is amazing for immunity to mind-affecting and forcing a caster level check for the entire Divination school.