PDA

View Full Version : The battle of ultimate evil

Finn Solomon
2008-11-09, 09:01 AM
Okay. A fatal-fourway, epic struggle until the end of time and space. Winner gets to rule the entirety of the multiverse, of destroy it if he/it so prefers.

Combatant 1: The Dread Cthulu. Ageless. Sanity-shattering. Cosmic horror. Tentacley. Allergic to being rammed in the face with a boat.

Combatant 2: Darkseid (DC). Almost all-powerful. Has a name synonymous with pants-wetting terror. Wants to grind all of creation under his conquering heel for all time. Still can't think of a better colour combination than blue and grey.

Combatant 3: Lucifer (Vertigo). The First of the Fallen, the Sheperd of Suns, the Lightbringer. First created being, second only to the Name. Unfathomable power, rules (or doesn't rule) over his own personal universe. Adversary of all mankind, supreme king of hell. Possesses no sexual organs.

Combatant 4: Galactus (Marvel). Eater of empires, Swallower of oceans, Devourer of worlds. Part of the three primal forces that make up the Marvel universe. Has sacrificed untold trillions of living souls to his eternal hunger, was there when the universe began and will be there when it ends. Wears a ridiculous hat.

In this titanic clash of unknowable forces, who will emerge as the victor in the battle for reality itself?

paddyfool
2008-11-09, 07:18 PM
It would all go by writer fiat.

Seeing as I'm the writer on this post:

Round 1:
-Darkseid vs Galactus. Darkseid and Galactus have fought before. Galactus won, more or less, but found his victory pointless, since he couldn't eat Darkseid's planet. However, Darkseid will now have seen Galactus' abilities first-hand, and be ready to counter them. Should they meet again, then... Darkseid.

-Cthulhu vs Lucifer. This is a cheap shot, but... wouldn't Lucifer catch Cthulhu napping pretty much 7 days a week, 365 days a year?

Round 2:
-Darkseid vs Lucifer... gonna have to hand it to Lucifer. He just has more style. Not to mention, Darkseid's planetful of godlike minions get their butts handed to them with monotonous frequency, whereas all the demons in Hell... not so much. And Lucifer was able to evict the lot of the latter with very little fuss (albeit a few repercussions).

Tirian
2008-11-09, 07:47 PM
Seems to me that Darkseid is the only one of the four of them who is actually evil. The other three are antagonistic towards human society, but not any more evil than an earthquake or a bee sting.

But if you put the four of them in a room, then clearly Lucifer is the one one who is going to come out. Darkseid and Galactus are both written as rawr! kind of threats, but they always always lose. I don't know if Galactus can be destroyed or if he is a fundamental part of the universe, but if Reed Richards can beat him then Lucifer can take him with a thought. And when Lucifer was running Vertigo Hell he had dozens of Cthulhus under him that he was playing like they were so many marionettes.

chiasaur11
2008-11-09, 07:55 PM
Probably true.

However, you put Doom in there, and I change all relevant bets.

Mama Doom's boy tends to do really well against "force of nature" type foes.

sentaku
2008-11-09, 09:12 PM
Seems to me that Darkseid is the only one of the four of them who is actually evil. The other three are antagonistic towards human society, but not any more evil than an earthquake or a bee sting.

But if you put the four of them in a room, then clearly Lucifer is the one one who is going to come out. Darkseid and Galactus are both written as rawr! kind of threats, but they always always lose. I don't know if Galactus can be destroyed or if he is a fundamental part of the universe, but if Reed Richards can beat him then Lucifer can take him with a thought. And when Lucifer was running Vertigo Hell he had dozens of Cthulhus under him that he was playing like they were so many marionettes.

If Darkseid has access to the anti-life equation (the one that can dominate anyone's will) then I think the match up of him vs Lucifer would be interesting if done right.

Fan
2008-11-09, 10:19 PM
If Cthulhu is awake then they all lose even if they all gang up on him.
Simply because when he awakes the rest of the pantheon destiend to end all things, not just kill them END them, and erase them from existance like they never were there

kpenguin
2008-11-09, 11:27 PM
At the level these guys are playing at, Cthulhu is relatively easy to beat: just blow up/move around some stars. Thus, the stars are prevented from lining up just right and Cthulhu will never wake up.

Waking up only when the stars align is a really sucky weakness.

chiasaur11
2008-11-10, 12:04 AM
If Cthulhu is awake then they all lose even if they all gang up on him.
Simply because when he awakes the rest of the pantheon destiend to end all things, not just kill them END them, and erase them from existance like they never were there

Galactus did that too.

Then Richards undid it with Time Travel and awesomesauce. And really, big C isn't even the boss of his particular club.

Kris Strife
2008-11-10, 02:07 AM
Doomsday. No mind for Cthulu to wreck, no soul to be corrupted by Lucifer, and can kick Superman and Darkseids butts simultainiously, so I don't see Galactus posing a threat. of the four, it depends on the location really, but just because of the eye beams of death and contingency plans, Darkseid.

chiasaur11
2008-11-10, 11:56 AM
Doomsday. No mind for Cthulu to wreck, no soul to be corrupted by Lucifer, and can kick Superman and Darkseids butts simultainiously, so I don't see Galactus posing a threat. of the four, it depends on the location really, but just because of the eye beams of death and contingency plans, Darkseid.

Umm... He isn't part of the fight.
Also, if he was, Galactus would just eat him. Because, you know, Galactus. He ate the universe once.

Grod_The_Giant
2008-11-10, 03:44 PM
If Darkseid has his whole planet, he might have a chance. Otherwise, I don't think he's quite on the level of Marvel's cosmic powers. Strong, but not quite.

Fan
2008-11-10, 04:41 PM
Galactus did that too.

Then Richards undid it with Time Travel and awesomesauce. And really, big C isn't even the boss of his particular club.
too bad that the sotry line you are refering to is a what if series.
Also They wouldn't know to move some stars, also BTW Galactus can only devour one planet at a time. More than enough for Cthulhu to awaken even if just for a short time.
A new challenger appears!
AZAROTH!

chiasaur11
2008-11-10, 05:24 PM
Also They wouldn't know to move some stars, also BTW Galactus can only devour one planet at a time. More than enough for Cthulhu to awaken even if just for a short time.
AZAROTH!

Not What If, my fine Final Fantasy fanatic.
It was in the Simonson run of Fantastic Four as the actual, definite, sure to come in twenty or so years future of the Marvel universe, with Galactus going mad with hunger and creating a black hole that sucked in all of reality. Needless to say, Richards was having none of it, so he and his merry band hopped in the timesled and activated the Ultimate Nullifier, saving history, and getting themselves in trouble with the time cops.

No, seriously, a time traveling Judge Dredd type had them arrested and everything. And Reed invented a computer virus that messed up TIME ITSELF.

It was awesome.

sentaku
2008-11-10, 06:01 PM
Well looking over the thread, it seems that the winner is Reed Richards

Jack_Banzai
2008-11-13, 08:01 PM
AZAROTH!

I take it you mean Azathoth?

Yulian
2008-11-13, 10:15 PM
If Darkseid has access to the anti-life equation (the one that can dominate anyone's will) then I think the match up of him vs Lucifer would be interesting if done right.

Which he currently does. He broadcast it all over Earth 1 via the internet, phones, and TV. Even the Spectre and the Radiant cannot do anything to his minions (something about their powers being predicated on people having free will).

Suddenly he comes up in the stakes. Not sure if Galactus could resist it.

- Yulian