PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) druidshapeshift as prereq for PrC's?

darth pikachu
2008-11-09, 07:21 PM
Would the druid shapeshift (alternate class feature from PHBII) count as wild shape for getting into prestige classs such as natures warrior or warshaper from CW? I always liked the ability, and these prestige classes, especially warshaper, look like they could be fun.

Quietus
2008-11-09, 07:46 PM
Would the druid shapeshift (alternate class feature from PHBII) count as wild shape for getting into prestige classs such as natures warrior or warshaper from CW? I always liked the ability, and these prestige classes, especially warshaper, look like they could be fun.

By RAW, anything that specifically requires Wild Shape would no longer be acceptable. Few DMs would tell you no, however.

DSCrankshaw
2008-11-09, 07:49 PM
By RAW, anything that specifically requires Wild Shape would no longer be acceptable. Few DMs would tell you no, however.
Heck, most DMs will be so happy that you're not ruining their games with some of wild shape's more absurd brokenness that they'll be happy to. However, you need to be aware that these prestige classes are designed around wild shape. It may not always translate so well.

Cheesegear
2008-11-09, 09:13 PM
However, you need to be aware that these prestige classes are designed around wild shape. It may not always translate so well.

Confirmed. I once made a MoMF out of a Druid with Shapeshift. Since I could Shapeshift whenever I want, I managed to argue that I could MoMF whenever I wanted.

Also, Natural Spell at first level. Break The DM™ go!