PDA

View Full Version : In the hospital-or why babies are impatient

EmeraldRose
2008-11-09, 10:02 PM
So, today I am 29.4 weeks pregnant, and rather than having another uneventful 10 weeks, my water broke this morning. Two hospitals later, I am here pretty much until I have a baby.

So far, no contractions, and baby and I are both fine, so the hope is we will wait out as long as we can. Every day we get gives son#2 a better chance.

Fortunately, the hospital has wireless, so as long as I do not go into labor, I will be laying here bored out of my mind. And likely on here all day tomorrow. :smalltongue:

Copacetic
2008-11-09, 10:08 PM
I'm swoeey.:smallfrown:

Hope you fell better though, and Son Number 2 is awight.

Haruki-kun
2008-11-09, 10:10 PM
o.O

Holy....<.<

Best of luck, ER, we'll be with you, er... from all the way over here.

*hugs*

UncleWolf
2008-11-09, 10:10 PM
He'll be alright. Have you decided on a name yet?

averagejoe
2008-11-09, 10:13 PM
My younger sister was born premature, but she was just fine, and has been for sixteen years. I'm sure it will go okay for you; even so, my thoughts go with you.

UncleWolf
2008-11-09, 10:15 PM
My younger sister was born premature, but she was just fine, and has been for sixteen years. I'm sure it will go okay for you; even so, my thoughts go with you.

My sister and I (we're twins) were born over a month early. We are both doing great. 17 years and nothing has happened.

Riffington
2008-11-09, 10:16 PM
Good luck!
I hope you are bored long enough to let the steroids work...

EmeraldRose
2008-11-09, 10:17 PM
Nope no name decided yet, throwing a couple around. Things will be ok, it's just a little earlier than expected.

I did most of my freaking out this morning, so, just tired now.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone :smallsmile:

Sneak
2008-11-09, 10:18 PM
I was born at 32 weeks, and I turned out just fine. Right, guys? Right? RIGHT?

Anyway, good luck. :smallsmile: At least us playgrounders will be able to spend lotsa time with you tomorrow.

SDF
2008-11-09, 10:19 PM
2 hospitals? What happened with the first one? 0.0

His/her middle name should be Danger. Hee hee.

Collin152
2008-11-09, 10:19 PM
And he shall be called "Boaz the impatient"!
Boaz means swiftness.

Copacetic
2008-11-09, 10:21 PM
....I just realized the title says "... or why babes are impatient"

I thought it said "..or why babes are important"

*headdesk*

ocato
2008-11-09, 10:22 PM
Babies is jerks. Get your husband/boyfriend/significant other to put his mouth to your tummy and tell that baby to behave. If you don't put your foot down now, you've lost him for life. In fact, if I were you, I'd have the doctor smack him on the butt when he comes out. That oughta teach him.

Jokes aside, good luck with your baby making. I've heard good things about it as a whole mechanism for propagating our species. Also, if you haven't come up with a name, Colin is classy and cool.

FoE
2008-11-09, 10:25 PM
My nephew was born prematurely. We all expected the gestation period to last a couple of days, but he started eating his way out of his momma's belly after about 10 hours! The loveable little scamp. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-11-09, 10:29 PM
2 hospitals? What happened with the first one? 0.0

His/her middle name should be Danger. Hee hee.

Well, we went first to the local Urgent Care, as it was like half a mile fom our house. They kinda freaked out and said "go to the hospital!!!1!!!!!111!!!!!" So, went a few more miles to the closest hospital, and they checked and said, "yup your water is broke" and that they'd have to transfer me to another hospital w/ a level 3 neonatal unit. Since the baby is so premie. So, got an ambulance ride to the other one and they basically said, "get comfortable, you're here until you have a baby."

DraPrime
2008-11-09, 10:31 PM
Nope no name decided yet, throwing a couple around. Things will be ok, it's just a little earlier than expected.

I did most of my freaking out this morning, so, just tired now.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone :smallsmile:

You know, you could name him after the greatest poster to ever leave these forums :smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2008-11-09, 10:32 PM
I dunno, The_Logic_Ninja Rose is a bit of a hefty name to live up to...

DraPrime
2008-11-09, 10:34 PM

Not what I meant :smallannoyed:

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-11-09, 10:34 PM
Do you have any requests? Want us to find funny and/or inspirational YouTube videos for you or something?

Our hospital doesn't have internet, but my wife had our baby so fast it didn't even matter. I was in Kuwait at the time, so I think we're going to have to have another kid eventually so I can find out what the birth experience is like. Actually I was cleaning my M4 as my child was born, as I found out later by email. (Random chatter for you to pass the time reading.)

Will keep you & your family in my thoughts/prayers/meditations (whatever your preference is).

If you haven't done the "What D&D character are you?" quiz yet, that's a good way to pass 20 minutes. http://easydamus.com/character.html

Vibrant
2008-11-09, 10:35 PM
(((((((EmeraldRose)))))))) and (((((((AndreFairchilde)))))))), too. :smalleek:

Sit tight, Baby ER/AF!!!! That's an order!! :smallredface:

UncleWolf
2008-11-09, 10:46 PM
Dragonprime, didn't you say that you were leaving us?
*sniff*
You're Back!
*ties up and staples to the playground*

Mordokai
2008-11-09, 10:51 PM
My sister and I (we're twins) were born over a month early. We are both doing great. 17 years and nothing has happened.

Emphasis mine.

Well, that is debatable :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin: Good luck to you ER, hope everything turns out for the best, for you and the kid :smallsmile:

SurlySeraph
2008-11-09, 11:32 PM

My sister and I were born six weeks early, and we're 18. I beat you! :smalltongue:

Best of luck, ER. I'm not sure that birth is best described as "fun", but... have fun.

Kjata
2008-11-09, 11:32 PM
Not what I meant :smallannoyed:

I lol'd so hard when i read the Logic Ninja Comment, then when i calmed down i read that, and cracked up again.

Felixaar
2008-11-09, 11:37 PM
Nope no name decided yet, throwing a couple around.

I heartily reccomend both Felix and Buzzkirk.

You'll be in my thoughts, though :smallsmile: best of luck.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-11-09, 11:40 PM
Well, I hope everything's ok, for you and your family. :smallsmile: Glad to hear you and the baby are fine.

The Orange Zergling
2008-11-09, 11:50 PM
I, too, misread the title as "why babies are important". :smallsigh:

I think my brother was born late and I was born early... or maybe it was the other way around. I forget. Anyway, good luck, I hope everything comes out okay. ba dum pish

UncleWolf
2008-11-10, 12:01 AM
What do you want the name to mean? I could easily make a huge list of names if you want.

Skippy
2008-11-10, 01:21 AM
You know, you could name him after the greatest poster to ever leave these forums :smalltongue:

Yes, I agree! Mr. Saturn is a good name! (Just remember, lose the underscore. It can become confusing...)

Also (and as I already said in WWCentral), my thoughts and prayers are with you, ER!

Jibar
2008-11-10, 03:00 AM
It's Baby Week that's done this. The yet-to-be-born heard it coming and decided he should be here in time.
That's the only answer.

Good luck ER, and when the baybee comes good and healthy you make sure to show us lots of pictures.

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-10, 03:13 AM
Good luck, ER! I'm sure everything will be alright.

thubby
2008-11-10, 03:17 AM
best of luck.

name him/her Bor :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2008-11-10, 03:19 AM
Good luck with the baby! :smallsmile:

bosssmiley
2008-11-10, 04:32 AM
from SprogBlog (by RoseChild ver2):

W00t! First post. Mum maintains I'm still in Beta, decided to release early for feedback.

-----

Good luck Emmy. Hope the excitable little anklebiter calms down and decides to take things a little more slowly when it gets out into the big, wide world. :smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-11-10, 04:40 AM
Don't worry about it ER, one of my cousins was born ten weeks early too and he's fine.
But good luck and best wishes no matter what happens.

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-10, 05:06 AM
I think that Zeb is a mighty fine name for a boy. :smallcool:

Them doctors is good these days. I have no doubt that Junior will be fine.

Get your rest and save your energy for the delivery. We'll be waiting here for you when you're ready to be on your feet again, so to speak.

SMEE
2008-11-10, 05:08 AM
Good luck ER.

Hope everything runs all right. And as Zeb said, doctors are good today and Junior will be fine. :smallsmile:

dish
2008-11-10, 05:22 AM
ER, hope those doctors do the best they can to keep you both safe, and to keep the baby inside as long as possible.

Hugs and best wishes to all the family.

thubby
2008-11-10, 05:27 AM
has anyone else noticed we keep calling her ER, when she's in the hospital?
:smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2008-11-10, 05:28 AM
Them doctors is good these days.

Ever since they revoked my license.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-10, 05:49 AM

Yeah, I had a giggle at that too. Then I realized going to the ER is something you usually wouldn't be looking forward too. :smalleek:

DraPrime
2008-11-10, 07:22 AM
Dragonprime, didn't you say that you were leaving us?
*sniff*
You're Back!
*ties up and staples to the playground*

Im not back. I just popped in to try to get a baby named after me. So I will atop posting in...

NOW!

Pepz
2008-11-10, 07:35 AM
I'd say the kids should be named Emmy'); DROP TABLE Studens; -- . All the school you'll send her too will have lot's of fun with her :smallcool:

seriously, good luck and all the best!

St.Sinner
2008-11-10, 07:40 AM
Good luck and best wishes, EmeraldRose. Stay healthy!

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-10, 08:29 AM
My sister and I were born six weeks early, and we're 18. I beat you! :smalltongue:

12 weeks early. 19. I win.

Good luck and best wishes, EmeraldRose!

banjo1985
2008-11-10, 08:42 AM
Good luck ER, Andre too. Try playing some really awful music so that the little guy will want to stay in there longer. :smallbiggrin:

Hope everything goes well for you.

Charity
2008-11-10, 09:09 AM
I wont tell you the horror story of my wifes second pregnancy Em.

The outcome was our lovely daughter whom is whole, smart and gorgeous and my brave wife was slightly less whole, but just as smart and gorgeous.

Congrats Em and Caesar babies are the prettiest.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-10, 09:17 AM
Once again, good luck!

Also, if its a girl, Liv or Amy.
If its a boy, William..:Wait, you already named your first child after me....:smalltongue: Erm, I´ma going with Zeb on this one.

UncleWolf
2008-11-10, 09:24 AM
You could always name him Percival, now there is a good name. Maybe Peredus.

EmeraldRose
2008-11-10, 10:33 AM

The ER, much like the urgent care, were insistant that we did not need to be there, but had to go straight to the Labor and Delivery floor. Apparently, no one wants to have the risk and resposibility of a woman who has come in and said "my water broke". :smallbiggrin:

The hospital I am in now has me in a antenatal unit. Which I find amusing, as it is either 'pre-natal' or 'really, don't natal' :smalltongue:

Still doing the same, no contractions, baby is still kicking me and sitting on my bladder. Still breech, even though he managed to twist and face the other way. Not too much fluid left, but the hope is still there that the leak will heal over, and he'll produce more fluid, and just hang out for awhile.

Ultrasound this morning estimates him at about 3.2 lbs, give or take a little, so not too bad for the age. He's measuring nearly a week bigger than gestational, so also good. He was doing some practice breathing, so hopefully his lungs may be better off than expected.

I now have a lovely picture of his face, and he looks very much like his big brother (who is only blazingly excited that he will not have to wait until January for his baby brother.) :smallbiggrin:

As far as names, I am leaning towards naming this one after his daddy, so we may actually have an Andre Jr (disclaimer: not actually naming him Andre of course, as that would be kinda wierd...knowing the character as I do. Though Andre did try this one :smallwink:)

Gonna go take a shower and try to feel human again.

Castaras
2008-11-10, 11:11 AM
try to feel human again.

You poor thing, don't worry, feeling human shouldn't last too long, and you'll be better in a jiffy. :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

Good luck with your little 'un! You will be well, as will junior. Or else... :smalltongue:

Madmal
2008-11-10, 11:31 AM
yeah...first...holyyyy....something.:smalleek:

seriously, never heard of people born that far from the date(well, except from the news, but really, meh to those)...early worms the lot of them...jumping of the plane before the whistle....

I think i had be taken out...something about a big head....probably some of the reasons i don't like doctors...:smallsigh:

well, good luck with the anxious one, and i'm putting a vote for "non-junior", it gets confusing.

evisiron
2008-11-10, 11:38 AM
Good luck, and hopefully the heal-and-hang idea will go through.

Name wise, instead of Jr, spell the first name backwards. :smallsmile:

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-10, 11:43 AM
First I wish to add my generic pap comments to the marching tide (mixed metaphore there? Can a tide march? Anywho...) of well wishing.

I wish I could be more significant here but to be honest I have exactly 0% empathy ratio here, what with being male and not having even been near a person while they are in your situation. So I shall ramp up the well wishes to compensate for the fact that I have no idea what you are going through. I am also sure that the reassurance about the safety of births at 30 weeks is far more significant and reassuring coming from the health care professionals of the hospital rather than from me.

Hoping all is well as there is nothing else I can flippin' well do.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-10, 11:44 AM

Technically since you did post, you haven't left yet. :smallbiggrin:

And have fun ER. I have only beein the hospital once. It was awesome, until they had to operate on me. :smallsigh: I was probably about 10ish. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-11-10, 11:47 AM
Nah, we wouldn't actually call him Jr, I'm not much for that either. Fortunately Andre has a name which can be shortened into a name we had already been considering, so it works out :smallwink:

Also, Cassie, I am feeling very much my normal dragony self again, I think I managed to wash off all the human-ness. :smallbiggrin:

InaVegt
2008-11-10, 12:12 PM
Good Luck, Emerald and Andre.

My younger bro was born at 26 weeks, and has become sixteen just over a week ago. He has very few problems. (He's on the small side, but not crippling so. He is a tad unsteady, but again, not crippling so. And he seems to lack the ability to become overweight.)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-10, 12:17 PM
The ER, much like the urgent care, were insistant that we did not need to be there, but had to go straight to the Labor and Delivery floor. Apparently, no one wants to have the risk and resposibility of a woman who has come in and said "my water broke". :smallbiggrin:

The hospital I am in now has me in a antenatal unit. Which I find amusing, as it is either 'pre-natal' or 'really, don't natal' :smalltongue:

Still doing the same, no contractions, baby is still kicking me and sitting on my bladder. Still breech, even though he managed to twist and face the other way. Not too much fluid left, but the hope is still there that the leak will heal over, and he'll produce more fluid, and just hang out for awhile.

Ultrasound this morning estimates him at about 3.2 lbs, give or take a little, so not too bad for the age. He's measuring nearly a week bigger than gestational, so also good. He was doing some practice breathing, so hopefully his lungs may be better off than expected.

I now have a lovely picture of his face, and he looks very much like his big brother (who is only blazingly excited that he will not have to wait until January for his baby brother.) :smallbiggrin:

As far as names, I am leaning towards naming this one after his daddy, so we may actually have an Andre Jr (disclaimer: not actually naming him Andre of course, as that would be kinda wierd...knowing the character as I do. Though Andre did try this one :smallwink:)

Gonna go take a shower and try to feel human again.
You know its a boy for sure?

EmeraldRose
2008-11-10, 12:22 PM
Yep, definitely a boy.

Thanks again for all the stories from people who are premies, or know premies, or had premies. I really appreciate all the support from everyone!

*hugs the Playground*

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-10, 12:39 PM
*hugs the Playground*

Wow, big arms. Even so, no streching like that!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-10, 12:40 PM
Yep, definitely a boy.

Thanks again for all the stories from people who are premies, or know premies, or had premies. I really appreciate all the support from everyone!

*hugs the Playground*
*hugs back as part of the playground*

I was a late one m'self...

EmeraldRose
2008-11-10, 12:42 PM
Wow, big arms. Even so, no streching like that!

I'm a mom, we are hug experts. :smallwink:

But I promise, no more stretching...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-10, 12:43 PM
So the only way Cobra could become better at hugging is becoming a mom?
Or is he one already?:smalleek:

:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2008-11-10, 01:05 PM
Wow... And here I thought my mom keeping me in her long enough to go vote and spend the rest of the day in an art gallery after her water broke was impressive.

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

wxdruid
2008-11-10, 01:30 PM
EmeraldRose, best wishes on a safe delivery and a wonderfully healthy baby boy. :smallsmile:

Exachix
2008-11-10, 01:46 PM
*missed thread* *hits thread on next pass*

Good Luck Emerald Rose! We're all by your side!

Well, not right by your side.. that'd crowd the hospital.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-10, 02:33 PM
Would YOU do it? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohfJCYobSkk):smalltongue:

Metal Head
2008-11-10, 04:18 PM
Technically since you did post, you haven't left yet. :smallbiggrin:

And have fun ER. I have only beein the hospital once. It was awesome, until they had to operate on me. :smallsigh: I was probably about 10ish. :smalltongue:

:smallsigh:

Stupid dragonprime making me post his stupid replies for him because he doesn't want to post....

"Stop ruining my chances at having a baby named after me!"

There, that's what he said. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go charge him $5.50 for wasting my time.

wadledo
2008-11-10, 04:23 PM
Best of luck with the baby stuff, Rosey.:smallwink:

Lupy
2008-11-10, 06:23 PM
Good luck ER! I'm sure things will be fine!

PhantomFox
2008-11-10, 06:54 PM
Some more well wishes to you. I'm praying everything will turn out well.

Syka
2008-11-10, 07:19 PM
Buh...babies. :smalleek: I'm still not sure I ever want one. The Motherly Instinct is all "Aw, reproducing is fun!". Then my Sane Mind is all "Um, do you REALLY want to go through that? Really?" >>

That said, good luck! Both my sisters and I were 2 weeks early, exactly. All of us. oO

Cheers~

Mr. Moon
2008-11-10, 09:55 PM
Oh us.

Does this mean you can't use your pregnant avatar for clone baby week?

EmeraldRose
2008-11-10, 10:11 PM
I suppose I could put it up...would be a good idea.

*goes to switch*

Mr. Moon
2008-11-10, 10:16 PM

We made a typo.

We said clone. What we ment to say was baby.

We need to stop multi-tasking.

*goes back to fix typo*

Fri
2008-11-10, 10:17 PM
Babies are cute as long as we're not responsible for it :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2008-11-10, 10:20 PM

We made a typo.

We said clone. What we ment to say was baby.

We need to stop multi-tasking.

*goes back to fix typo*

No worries. I'm not sure what to do for baby week. He'll more than likely be here by then...

I'll figure something out.

Inhuman Bot
2008-11-10, 10:24 PM

Heh....
so true.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Copacetic
2008-11-10, 10:29 PM
Babies are cute as long as we're not responsible for it :smallbiggrin:

Amen Brother.

Also, More positive Wishes for ER. Best of Luck.

TigerHunter
2008-11-10, 10:30 PM
Best of luck! Also, we demand pictures once he's out.

Mr. Moon
2008-11-10, 10:40 PM
Why would we want pictures of him right after birth? No, then he'd be all red and blood covered and yucky. Not cute at all.

Towel the kid off, first. Then photos.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-10, 10:46 PM
and some clothes. :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2008-11-11, 12:15 AM
Here's the big question, though...

How soon is too soon to sign 'em up for WW games?

thubby
2008-11-11, 12:36 AM
Why would we want pictures of him right after birth? No, then he'd be all red and blood covered and yucky. Not cute at all.

Towel the kid off, first. Then photos.

I pity the fool what thinks babies can be uncute

UncleWolf
2008-11-11, 12:39 AM

Your Mr. T ?

Collin152
2008-11-11, 12:42 AM
Your Mr. T ?

Can noone else pity the fools?

Thes Hunter
2008-11-11, 12:46 AM
As I said in the chat before the wifi got so rudely dropped.

*HUGS!*

I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

UncleWolf
2008-11-11, 12:48 AM
Can noone else pity the fools?

No, not in the way that he can.

Vonriel
2008-11-11, 12:51 AM
<Generic Reassuring Comment>

Seriously though, my sister is 17 years old now, and was born after only about 6 months. The only two things she has against her is a tendency to get sick a bit more easily than the rest of the family (She tends to catch the current sickness-of-the-month twice, the first time to pass it to the rest of us, the second time while it's on the way out) and her teeth are incredibly weak - there have been times when the enamel has just peeled off of them. Other than that, she's currently in line to be the captain of the swim team at her high school, and was one of the better players on the softball team. :smallwink: I'm sure he'll be fine.

*hugs and blankets* Really, seriously, keep yourself safe and healthy, mmk? This will all be over in its own time. :smallsmile:

Hooded1
2008-11-11, 01:03 AM
I also send my best wishes and prayers.

Alleine
2008-11-11, 01:11 AM

obviously you've never heard them cry, and never smelled them.
Uncute to the max.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-11, 01:17 AM
or been on an 91/2 hour flight with a baby crying :smallmad:

Coidzor
2008-11-11, 01:44 AM
They definitely have a cuteness factor that is inversely proportional to how active/destructive they are. When they're sleeping is probably the optimal time, or so it is said.

But they're good little vampires that siphon off our life force in order to grow up and become us... :smallsmile:

Edit:... Say, when is that hormone that causes the bonding between mother and child supposed to be released anyway? Might it be happening right now?

thubby
2008-11-11, 01:57 AM
obviously you've never heard them cry, and never smelled them.
Uncute to the max.

oh yes i have, i even changed her on occassion.

Edit:... Say, when is that hormone that causes the bonding between mother and child supposed to be released anyway? Might it be happening right now?

some time after the hormone that makes me want to *facepalm* after reading this

Ink
2008-11-11, 04:22 AM
ER, I wish you all the very best for the days ahead, and the same for Andre. Please take care of yourself, stay healthy, and be safe. Try not to get too bored in the hospital room... that's difficult!

Red Sock
2008-11-11, 07:36 AM
They definitely have a cuteness factor that is inversely proportional to how active/destructive they are. When they're sleeping is probably the optimal time, or so it is said.

But they're good little vampires that siphon off our life force in order to grow up and become us... :smallsmile:

I don't think it's a hormone. It's more of a thing that is hardwired into the brain. Cruel tests with monkeys prove it!

EmeraldRose
2008-11-11, 10:44 AM
ER, I wish you all the very best for the days ahead, and the same for Andre. Please take care of yourself, stay healthy, and be safe. Try not to get too bored in the hospital room... that's difficult!

I'm trying. I'm finding out exactly how little there is on daytme tv. Also, whenpeople come by, i am very talkative. :smalltongue:

I have some books and some movies, and everybody here, which is helping. :smallbiggrin:

How long were you in the hospital Ink? What kept you sane?

An update: still stable, made it past the 48 hour mark, and nothing has really changed. The new mark to shoot for is 1 week.

Hopefully nothing will change and I'll still be here and I'll still be here bored next week...

Also, sorry about the typos, I have a picc line in the back ofmy right hand now, which is making it a little tough totype....:smallyuk:

Syka
2008-11-11, 08:35 PM
The hormone in question is oxytocin I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

It helps encourage bonding. It's also released after sex, which is why it's hard to not develop feelings for someone with whom you are intimate, and it's released more for women which is why more women then men seem to become attached after sex (although, all things being equal, men are actually more romantic and fall in love more easily).

The Harlowe Monkey tests were incredibly cruel (yay IRB's!) but it taught us a lot. Until those, people thought that a child's bond with it's mother was based on the fact that's where they get food. Those studies proved it wasn't the food- it was the comfort. Even baby monkeys raise with the wire mother ran to the cloth mother when given the choice.

Oxytocin, though, I believe is only with the mother for her child, not the child for the mother.

Cheers~

ETA: By the way- do Nano! www.nanowrimo.org. It'll definitely fill up your time. ;)

UncleWolf
2008-11-12, 08:53 PM
So, ER, is there any more news?

PhantomFox
2008-11-13, 12:20 AM
Last I heard (this morning) there was no change, thankfully. The more time the baby gets, the better.

banjo1985
2008-11-13, 04:28 AM
Good to hear. The longer the little guy/girl drags it's feet, the healthier it should be when it decided to arrive!

Best wishes to you both.

Ink
2008-11-13, 09:19 AM
I'm trying. I'm finding out exactly how little there is on daytme tv. Also, whenpeople come by, i am very talkative. :smalltongue:

I have some books and some movies, and everybody here, which is helping. :smallbiggrin:

How long were you in the hospital Ink? What kept you sane?

I was in there for a bit over two months. The jury is still out on sane, I think. I spent my days watching Dr. Phil reruns, doing lots of reading, listening to music and playing chess. And of course having all the visitors helped too. There's not much else that can be done in a hospital room, and I wasn't able to move much either. I say think of all those days when you'd get up to go to work while wishing you could just lie in bed all day, and pretend this is an extended vacation. :smallwink:

The Bushranger
2008-11-13, 12:51 PM
*hugs ER*

You've got my prayers.

EmeraldRose
2008-11-13, 01:05 PM
I was in there for a bit over two months. The jury is still out on sane, I think. I spent my days watching Dr. Phil reruns, doing lots of reading, listening to music and playing chess. And of course having all the visitors helped too. There's not much else that can be done in a hospital room, and I wasn't able to move much either. I say think of all those days when you'd get up to go to work while wishing you could just lie in bed all day, and pretend this is an extended vacation. :smallwink:

Two months huh? *looks at Ink with respect* I think I'd go nuts...at this point we're hoping for a couple weeks, but I suppose if he can make it a month that'd be awesome :smallbiggrin:

Had another ultrasound this morning, and he's still breech. Has a little more fluid than he did on Monday, so that's a good sign. Still moving around like crazy (just of course, not moving into the position he should be in). Still no contractions, no fever, etc, let's hope it stays that way a while longer...

Thanks again to everyone who has checked in with me, and sent funny links and stuff. I really do appreciate it :smallbiggrin:

*hugs*

Headless_Ninja
2008-11-13, 01:15 PM
Hey, best of luck. Make sure to keep in touch!