PDA

View Full Version : Artificer, endgame help! (feats!)

Alcopop
2008-11-09, 10:51 PM
Hey guys,

Im having a lot of trouble finding the right feats for my level 14 (going to 15) artificer. (planning for 20)

Heres my current base Feats;
Monkey Grip
Power Attack
Exotic Weapon
Rapid Infusion
Quicken Spell

Basically when not playing support monkey, which is what i usually do on my team, I hold my oversized bastard sword in one hand a quickened wand of <insert spell here> in the other and go nuts.

The Concept is a young very shy elf who never speaks. She is always standing behind a golem (shield guardian) who does the talking for her (e.i. "The Mistress Suggests...") done via putting an expeditious messenger inside the golems head (telepathic link, golem set to follow its commands :D ). She is apathetic most of the time but enjoys the challenge of the hunt and aspires to build an evil industrial empire. (N/E)

Apart from some exceptions in the above list the books i'm allowed to use are the Core Books, Eberron Campaign Setting, Players handbook 2 and AFTER level 15, Complete Arcane.

Note: We have a tough and cheesy team but a very evil GM

My team consists of a Half Dragon, Lolth touched, Half Orc, Dusk Blade/Ranger/Fighter/Barbarian. Who's concept revolves around being an experiment from the vile races to wipe out elves (go figure, i'm playing one)
(C/E)

A Ogre War Hulk... who doesn't do much but smash stuff. really well.
(C/E)

A bubbly happy Human Assassin called sparkles.
(?/E)

A Human Disciple of Dispater obsessed with sacrificing things to Dispater.
(L/E)

And finally the late drow bard, who got sacrificed to Dispater...
(C/dead)

We're awaiting a True Necro in replacement of the drow.

The last thing i should mention is that for a level 15 some of us are very rich. 4 of the above characters (me being one of them) recently obtaining 500k through setting up a bet with all odds against us and winning! (within 3 days, we pulped a Formanian Queen, Greater Stone Golem, 2 dragons, Elder fire elemental, Orcwart, pimped out Choker, Squad of trolls and dinosaurs, Purple Wurm, Giant Scorpions and.. well thats all i can remember. And all but the Orcwart had max HP)

Ok, heres the feats im considering for the character (though other ideas are welcome!),

Extend then
Persistant Meta-magic

or

Craft Contingent Spell (I would also use the Extra rings bonus feat to make me immune to dispels)
something else

or

Twin Spell
something else

Im really, really torn about the options. Persistant would turn me into an absolute combat juggernaut. but we already have a team of them. Contingent would basically mean we can't die but eats gold and exp like nothing else. and twin means i can really start pimping out my wand usage. All suit the concept well enough as-well...

Any Advise or Thoughts on the matter?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-09, 10:55 PM
DROP THE MONKEY!

Drop EWP, too. Both feats are a waste.

Alcopop
2008-11-09, 11:01 PM
DROP THE MONKEY!

Drop EWP, too. Both feats are a waste.

Beyond using a wish and having my GM in a good mood... i can't

I know those feats arn't the best options but i took them mostly for flavor and concept (I didn't go into this campaign knowing it was going to be this difficult but even so concept is usually more important to me then making broken characters).

The Glyphstone
2008-11-09, 11:18 PM
PHB2 has rules for Retraining - your GM should go for it, especially if you dangle it in front of him as a potential plot hook.

Keld Denar
2008-11-09, 11:42 PM
There is a super hax combo for artificers, but I don't remember what exactly it was. There is a feat that allows an artificer to burn action points instead of charges from magic items, and a spell that gives you one bonus action point per round, and lasts rounds per level. You get a wand of that spell with 1 charge, and then like, a Staff of Time Stop with 1 charge, and a Staff of Delayed Blast Fireball with one charge and whatever cheese you want. Maybe a Staff with Greater Celerity too. Then just cast the one spell, Celerity Time Stop, cast a few DBFs in the TS, then ready an action on the last round to cast TS. DBFs go off, TS goes off again, repeat ad absurdum.

All you need is that one feat, and a hand full of Wands and Staves...

Alcopop
2008-11-09, 11:55 PM
PHB2 has rules for Retraining - your GM should go for it, especially if you dangle it in front of him as a potential plot hook.

Wonderful idea, unfortunately i'm only allowed access to Complete Arcane after level 15, so i wouldn't be able to retrain into any of the CA feats i mentioned (As you can only retain into what's accessible at the level of the feat your retraining)