PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who plays WoW, just need a little technical help.

Felizginato12
2008-11-10, 02:00 PM
I haven't played WoW in a while but I am starting to play again due to the coming of Lich King. Today I decided to reinstall all of my WoW addons because I had not done so since the last big patch (the patch that introduced achievements, new talents, etc.) and all of my old addons were out of date. I went into my program files for WoW and deleted all of the old addons in there. However, when I logged on to WoW the adon button was still in the lower left corner of the screen and it still listed all of the old addons. So I went and downloaded all of my new addons anyways from Cursegaming.com. I extracted them all into the empty program files folder and started up WoW again. The same old addons were listed, all of them out of date.

Does anyone know what is going wrong here? It seems that even though I deleted all of my old addons they will not go away and still appear outdated.

Crispy Dave
2008-11-10, 02:10 PM
uhhh re-install WoW

thats probley not what you wanted to hear but it may be the only way

Arioch
2008-11-10, 02:18 PM
The new patch moved a lot of files from Program Files to Public Files. Have a look in

C -> Users -> Public -> Blizzard Entertainment -> World of Warcraft -> Interface -> Addons

That's what WoW cares about now.

If you already are looking there, I have no idea. :smalltongue:

Felizginato12
2008-11-10, 03:04 PM
uhhh re-install WoW

thats probley not what you wanted to hear but it may be the only way

Haha, yeah, did not wanna hear that. I was thinking about it but decided to ask first.

And thanks Arioch, I did notice that a lot of things were switched around when I went into my WoW folder, I was freaking out for a second. xD

I suppose i'll check there and if worse comes to worse I get to spend a few hours re-installing and downloading patches.

YAY!

Zherog
2008-11-10, 03:40 PM
Arioch's almost certainly got your problem nailed. I had the same problem at first, and it took me a while to realize it. Once I started using the public folder, everything was fine.

Felizginato12
2008-11-10, 06:43 PM
Yep, all is fixed. Thanks a ton!

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-11-10, 09:27 PM
The new patch moved a lot of files from Program Files to Public Files. Have a look in

C -> Users -> Public -> Blizzard Entertainment -> World of Warcraft -> Interface -> Addons

That's what WoW cares about now.

If you already are looking there, I have no idea. :smalltongue:

I don't have a C:/Users/Public folder...

bigity
2008-11-13, 09:42 AM
It's for Vista users only.

If you have XP nothing should have changed.

Khosan
2008-11-13, 09:53 AM
The standard GM response (just because someone has to do it and no one else has done it yet)...

"Please delete your WTF and Interface folders."

I swear there used to be a WDB folder or something you had to delete too.

Khanderas
2008-11-13, 09:59 AM
The standard GM response (just because someone has to do it and no one else has done it yet)...

"Please delete your WTF and Interface folders."

I swear there used to be a WDB folder or something you had to delete too.
I got the WTF folder delete too in response to why was some of the undead slaying set (blessing set, from the scourge invasion) blue and not purple.
But is it wise to clear the Interface folder ? It has an awful lot of Blizzard-addons nowadays as standard. Or maybe they redownload themselves.