PDA

View Full Version : Against Methodia (IC)

phoerix
2008-11-10, 05:31 PM
You are sitting a secretaries office, waiting to answer a summons from Strytra Achepet, the commander of Gatewatch and the army guarding the gate. A low noise sounds from the closed door across from you and the secretary stands up, walks over to the door and enters it. She returns almost immediately and smiles.

She ushers you warmly into the doorway. Strytra is waiting for you in the spartan office standing and shows you to a few chairs set up across his desk before retaking his seat. He is an old aasimar, still lean with exercise and sharp eyes. "Thank you all for coming," he begins, "I have a job that I need done, and I need it done outside of the normal hierarchy for the army. As I'm sure you know, the Gate has been quiet for some time now, and we're expecting a big push sometime soon. Gatewatch, however, is where our concern lies primarily."

He stops and points to a mountain of papers on his desk, neatly arranged and aligned. "We've been noticing a rise in arson; specifically against military and supply targets. We need you to take a look and find out what you can and take care of this problem if possible, and if not, call us for reinforcements and lead us to flush out the problem. You will, of course be repaid for your services, should you accept."

He pauses again, "Feel free to take some time to talk and think about this, I realize most of you don't know each other, but please don't take too long, and if you decide against it, I trust I'll have your word this remains a secret."

Deathslayer7
2008-11-10, 06:24 PM
Zach

My duty lies in protecting the citizens. To do that, I am under the orders of the gatewatch hierachy.

If you so choose to deem me most effective stopping this problem, then I will go.

I accept your terms and conditions. Nor shall I tell anyone about it.

AetherFox
2008-11-10, 07:17 PM
Jason Ythera

Jason stares blankly ahead, jumping as the door opens and closes. He appears spaced out, staring foreward. When the Commander offer the task at hand, Jason looks slowly up at him, and whispers with a raspy voice.
"I suppose I don't... have as much freedom with... this choice as others..."

BoomerangFlash
2008-11-10, 09:35 PM
"Well, I don't see any particular reason to decline this job. Commande Rolt glances around at the others and squints his eyes. Every job has its difficulties, I suppose. I look forward to being bound to these two other people and four creatures for this mission. Rolt sighs slightly in exasperation. Hope the pay for this job is good.

KingRexII
2008-11-10, 11:30 PM
Nestor Loch

With a deliberate and dispassionate voice, the grim and gruff human-like creature says, "Anything for the good of Basileia Agathos and its honorable people." He assents with a bow of his head before retreating back into the group.

Kantolin
2008-11-11, 05:21 AM
Misenbach Wolfgang

The half orc shifted his bare feet a bit, tapping the floor. The chairs were actually a bit unusual for him - they were short enough for him to touch the ground, but not short enough for his typical sitting position. As a response, he occasionally readjusted his footing, trying unconsciously to get comfortable.

He hadn't been asked to, and thus wasn't wearing a shirt - he was extremely muscular as was typical for his kind. His thick brown pants were long and very well made, and his red eyes focused on the others in the room - just for a moment apiece.

Out of one of the multitude of pockets he had on his pants, an extremely small lizard poked his head out - it was maybe two inches long. The moment it realized it was being looked at it, it timidly dove back into the sanctity therein.

Wolfgang inhaled, and released his breath before speaking - his voice fairly jovial. "Doesn't seem like ya got no objections for yer job - if it's military problems, den dat sounds like someone's preparin' t'attack."

He paused, placing one hand to his chin and idly toying with his thick beard - he had quite a bit of body hair and a thick (albiet very short) full beard. "But yer right 'bout one thing - I don't think I've met most o'dese people b'fore. Name's Misenbach Wolfgang, glad t'help."

His accent seemed partly dwarven - although it was still the broken common many orcs spoke. He leaned back a bit, keeping an eye on Rolt in particular after his statement, waiting for others to introduce themselves.

bue52
2008-11-11, 06:52 AM
Roderick looked around, he knew that he was going to accept the offer, however, he was not too certain about the team though, as he looked around observing, though unsure how competent or how smooth the mission would be, Roderick was certain that as long as everyone did their job, there was no reason why they should fail. Smiling to himself, he says " I am willing to take up this mission, hopefully, everything would run smoothly."

phoerix
2008-11-11, 05:05 PM
He smiles, "Good, now we've already found a lead for you; one Hest le'Der. He normally operates out of the Merchants quarter, so I would look for him there. Start by trying to observe him and find out if he'll lead you to the headquarters. Afterwards, apprehend him and move one from there."

He pulls out a sealed envelope, bulging slightly on one side. "This is a letter empowering you with authority to do almost anything you want to down there, however, you will be answerable to me over its use."

He smiles to lighten the mood a little. "Now I'll let you go and start. Come back if you hit a wall or are completed." The old commander stands up and helps you out to a waiting paladin who starts to lead you out of the building.

KingRexII
2008-11-11, 05:39 PM
Nestor Lock (Elan)

As they leave, he says to the others, "My name is Nes, and my psionic powers are at your disposal." Drawing from some pool of spying knowledge whose source had long since disappeared, he suggests, "Large numbers, even in the Merchants quarter, may look suspicious. Perhaps two or three of us will go there while the others can try to find out more by asking around -- maybe visit the less reputable parts of the city or talk to those that saw the fires at the military and supply sites."

BoomerangFlash
2008-11-11, 08:36 PM
Rolt Strakeln

Rolt stares at the ground for a bit, thinking, before clearing his throat and saying, "I don't know about you things, but I do best at muscling information out of people. I can't really see so well, so I'd appear to be really conspicuous actively looking through a crowd to locate him. Rolt pauses for a moment, then speaks up again: "I don't know anything about any of you, so it's really up to you to how you think your abilities would best be used.

AetherFox
2008-11-11, 09:01 PM
Jason Ythera

Jason shifts a little uncomforably in his seat.
"I... I suppose I could go... People, they tend to cooperate... with me a lot."
His eyes flicker around the room as he says this, never resting on one person for more then a second. His face lightens as he looks out the window and sees Viterus, his hawk, looking in.

bue52
2008-11-11, 09:48 PM
"I can check out with the locals about the events that has happened, and if there is a need, I can help out in the negotiating table too. Oh and by the way, my name is Roderick." AS Roderick speaks, he tries to recall whatever he can about Hest le'Der

Bardic Knowledge check:[roll0]

AetherFox
2008-11-11, 09:52 PM
Jason Ythera

"Right... I'm Jason."

Deathslayer7
2008-11-11, 10:42 PM
Zach listens to the others aruge on what to do, staying quiet himself. He listens to them try and plan out what they want to do.

When others start introducing themselves, Zach introduces himself as well.

You may call me Zach he says simply to the group. But I cannot allow you to capture Hest le'Der by yourself. I suggest we strictly gather information for the day, then plan on what to do next.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-11-12, 01:04 PM
Nalini nodded slowly. "This is obviously a job that will require some subtlety. Charging in with hardly a thought won't help at all. Does this man have a address?"

Kantolin
2008-11-12, 07:20 PM
"I'm not da best at stealth m'self. But most people won't notice a lil' lizard keep'n to'mself, so I can just 'ave Halt 'ere follow'm - either on his person, or 'elping whomever ends up findin' him."

At the term 'Halt', the lizard that had ventured out for another look dove back into the pocket and remained there firmly. Wolfgang smiled.

"I like th'idea of keepin' a low profile, Nes, and yer right too Zach." He said, in large part to try his tongue around the names - which came fairly easily. "Not too much for recon m'self, though, so I'll 'ave t'jus support someone else."

Deathslayer7
2008-11-12, 08:31 PM
So it is agreed then? Strictly observation only? Keep interaction to a minimal. I cannot be responsible for all of you, but I wish to keep casualities to a minimal, both us and civillians.

So gather any information you can about this man. Use your resources. I'm sure some of you know people who know something about him. Zach smiles slightly as he says this.

We shall meet at The Wandering Inn you are done. I'll go there now and have rooms arranged for us. Just tell the innkeeper that your are a friend of Zach's and she will give you a key.

Any objections?

AetherFox
2008-11-12, 08:35 PM
Jason Ythera

Jason nodds and turns his attantion to the general.
"Do we know... where this man... Hest... lives?"

Deathslayer7
2008-11-12, 08:40 PM
ooc: i thought we already left the general? :smallconfused:

we only know that he operates out of the merchant district Jason. It would be best to do your searching for him there.

ooc:
i also assume we have a description of him?

AetherFox
2008-11-12, 08:43 PM
Jason Ythera

Jason stands up and gives an ackward sort of bow to Zach.
"Very well then... I will do... as you ask. Permission to leave... general?"

Deathslayer7
2008-11-12, 08:48 PM
I am no general Jason, nor do I have any control over you. But know that if the general calls me out on any trouble you do, I will call you out on it personally. Then neither of us will be happy.

That goes for all of you. Do I make myself clear? *hard stare at all of you without blinking* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0COvT23AU9s&NR=1)

If there are no more objections, then I will go get our rooms ready.

KingRexII
2008-11-12, 08:56 PM
Nes feels oddly comfortable being ordered around. He places his hand underneath his necklace, whose central stone suddenly comes to life. It sprouts legs and jumps onto Nes's hand. "I'm off to the Merchants Quarter, then."

He turns and leaves.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-12, 09:11 PM
Zach will open the letter of authority and read out loud the entire letter.

bue52
2008-11-12, 09:34 PM
"Ok, I'm fine with it." Roderick says, then, turning towards Nes he hurries to catch up, "You mind if I join you to the merchant's quarter's? I think it may be good if we try to hide our tracks when gathering information, I've heard that Hest le'Der has people out there to 'take care' of him, and I'm sure that would mean the news of people trying to find him would reach his ears if we are not careful."

phoerix
2008-11-12, 09:37 PM
"By order of Strytra Achepet,

The bearers of this letter act in my name concerning the matter of the recent arson and vandalisms. Offer your full cooperation in accordance with the law.

By the Lord Holos Bonos,
Strytra Achepet"

Inside the envelope there is a rough sketch of a human male with a short beard and short hair. A scar runs along one cheek lightly.

AetherFox
2008-11-12, 09:40 PM
Jason Ythera

Jason steps out into the sunlight and winces slightly as it hits his unnaturally pale skin. He whistles three low notes, and watches as Viterus, his faithful companion, comes flying towards him.
"You're here, Viterus, good. The General... he wants me to follow... a man. Your help here... would be ideal. Can you fly up, and look for this man?" Jason sends a picture of the man through their empathetic link.
"Thank-you Viterus... I don't know what I'd do... without you."
Viterus gives a small caw, then flies into the sky.

With Viterus gone, Jason moves towards the others and says,
"I will... move through the market area... on my own, so we... draw less attention. Should we meet up... let us go to the closest public area... to tell what we know."

KingRexII
2008-11-12, 09:53 PM
Mind if we do a little history magic and say that both Nes and Roderick got a chance to see the sketch?

Nes greets Rodericks questions with silence. Instead Roderick hears a clear, but stilted voice in his head.

"I don't mind at all, Roderick. And don't be alarmed -- I'm talking to you through my psicrystal that's in my hand. From here on out, talk to me by thinking of my crystal, and it will get to me. It will help us cover our tracks and make sure that people don't see us working together. The only catch is that you need to be close to the crystal to do so. In fact...

The crystal jumps off Nes's hand onto Roderick and begins to scuttle around.

"Need a new cloak clasp? He can also just hide in your pocket, but if he's somewhere on your person, it can relay to me what you're seeing."

Nes continues to keep his eyes in front of him, barely acknowledging Roderick's presence outwardly.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-12, 10:11 PM
Zach will go to the wandering woman and order 4 rooms for their party. He hands her a few gold pieces in addition.

Please have dinner ready for us, and if possible, may we use the private dining table?

Of course replied the innkeeper

Thank you.

With that settled, Zach will then head to the Church's temple, and gather as much information as he can. (Take 20, all day.) (which is a result of 20).

He will also try to remember what little he know about the nobles.

[roll0]

AetherFox
2008-11-12, 10:21 PM
Jason Ythera

Jason walks down the streets attempting to keep an eye and ear out for any signal of the man, as does Viterus.

Jason:
[roll0]- Listen
[roll1]- Spot

Viterus:
[roll2]- Listen
[roll3]- Spot

bue52
2008-11-12, 10:53 PM
The bard was surprise by this turn of events, it would definitely make things easier, doing what Nes had instructed, the bard took out a cloak and uses the hood to cover his face, he goes in the opposite direction of Nes, telling him through thought: I'll go to the western part of the merchant's district, and see what I can find, we'll meet up in an hour's time at the northern district, probably at a shop or something like that, thanks to your psionic powers, this would not be any trouble then, well, wish me luck.

And with that, Roderick moves towards the western side of the merchant's district, listening and questioning about Hest le'Der, though he tries to be as subtle as possible.

Gather Information check:[roll0]
And in order to prevent Hest le'Der's men from realising that people are starting to search for him, a Bluff check to come up with a story and possibly escape notice: [roll1]

KingRexII
2008-11-12, 11:19 PM
Nes orders his psicrystal to hold the ends of the hood together, forming a makeshift clasp. He then heads toward the eastern side. Nes thinks, Good luck.

Knowing that his abilities to shunt suspicions from his inquiries would be suspect at best, he doesn't actively ask for their mark's whereabouts. He browses the stalls and shops, always staying in touch with his crystal and keeping his eyes and ears open.

FYI -- since the psicrystal is presumably more than 30' away, Nes loses Alertness.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kantolin
2008-11-13, 03:55 PM
"Haha, don't worry, Halt, it'll be fine."

It looked a bit like Wolfgang was talking quietly to himself in orcish, as the half-orc simply explored the streets. He was also in the merchants corner, and figuring he was a bit too recognizable and unskilled at the subject to directly ask about his quarry, he simply explored, acting as an extra set of eyes.

"Come on, Halt, I could use your help."

Gradually, likely unnoticed, the lizard hesitantly crawled away from the half-orc, onto a wall. The lizard made it a point to stay hazily near Wolfgang, but this meant the pair could still cover a bit more ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haltbar is beyond alertness range for Wolfgang as well.

Wolfgang Spot: [roll0]
Wolfgang Listen: [roll1]

Haltbar Spot: [roll2]
Haltbar Listen: [roll3]

BoomerangFlash
2008-11-13, 05:50 PM
Rolt takes a seat while the others go off to do their various things. He takes out a piece of stale bread and begins to nibble at it whilst thinking. After a few minutes he pops the rest of it in his mouth and stands up. Guess I'll head out too then...

After exiting the area, Rolt too heads on over to the Merchant's Quarter. He heads on over to one who doesn't look too wealthy and waits around until he is not conversing with a customer or fellow merchant. He drops three Platinum Pieces onto the counter nonchalantly, one of which rolls off and falls to the ground; he snatches it from the air and quickly puts it back up on the counter. Now then, my good sir. I would like to make an exchange: these coins of mine for some knowledge from you. Do you know a fellow merchant by the name of Hest le'Der? If you do, I'd very much like for you to divulge any useful information you may have of him: his affiliations with guilds, any sort of recent events he is or has been suspected to have been involved with, etc. I assure you, there is a good deal more platinum pieces where those came from.

Diplomacy - [roll0]

AetherFox
2008-11-13, 05:57 PM
Jason Ythera

Great work Viterus! Come back, lets tell the others.

Jason moves throughout the streets as Viterus flies back to him, until he finds Nes and Wolfgang.

"Viterus has... found him. I suggest we meet... Jack back at the... inn to tell him what... we know."

phoerix
2008-11-13, 06:15 PM
The man looks at the coins brightly and palms them quickly, looking around with a practiced eye, gauging the interest around you two. He usually hangs out in a place called Parsons Alley, and has headquarters in a chapel at the end of the building. He whispers slowly, hiding his mouth in the beer in front of him. He has three or four guards with him most times, and its rumored that he has something to do with those recent arsons He adds, looking at the purse the coins came from, And theres a very interesting rumor, one that most don't know yet...

bue52
2008-11-13, 09:39 PM
Focusing on the crystal, Roderick sends his thoughts to Nes......
I heard that there are rumors about the arsonists gathering at Parson's alley, I believe it is the best place to go, why don't I go to Parson's alley first and you come in a little later, hopefully that way no one can feel suspicious, especially since so many of us are out there looking for Hest le'Der.

KingRexII
2008-11-13, 10:06 PM
Nes sends his thoughts to his psicrystal in order to transmit it to Roderick. Agreed. I have heard the same murmurings. Go first and see what you can see. I'll come around ten minutes later.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-14, 12:06 AM
Zach grimaces as he learns the rumors that Hest hangs out around Parason's alley. A quick thought and he changed his mind and immediately headed towards the place.

Kantolin
2008-11-14, 07:01 AM
Misenbach Wolfgang

Wolfgang was simply wandering. It was the merchant's quarter, so once in awhile he'd poke his head into any of several various shops. The stores here, however, didn't interest him terribly - a distinct lack of delicious foods, which was dissapointing.

Still, he turned as he noted Jason moving towards him, and nodded at the information, agreeing with his suggestion. The first thought that ran through his head was 'Viterus?', but at the moment the question wasn't what was most relevant.

"Das good... 'n good idea, let's sync up, den."

Stopping and fetching Halt (Who eagerly returned to the relative safety of one of a dozen pockets), Wolfgang either followed or led Jason back.

BoomerangFlash
2008-11-14, 07:36 AM
Rolt takes out his patch and adds 1 Platinum Piece onto the table until there are five more. "Now what's that... very interesting rumor?"

phoerix
2008-11-14, 10:21 AM
Once again the merchant makes the coins disappear, and scans the area almost unconsciously. Rumor is, he's just the lackey boy. There's been some new faces in the Quarter, and it's been looking like Hest is the one following orders. That chapel he goes to, The man shudders slightly, its not natural... it might even be dedicated to Him. The man makes a sign to ward off bad luck. I do know that security is quite good over there, I had the misfortune of loosing most of my trade when the new party came to town, and my men couldn't even see what hit them. With that, the man downs the rest of the drink, gets up and leaves the room, a little shaky on his way out, nodding his thanks as he leaves.

bue52
2008-11-14, 10:33 AM
Very well, see you soon I guess Roderick thinks into the crystal as he enters the alley, trying to see if there is any place he could hide and still have a good chance in listening to the conversation.

phoerix
2008-11-14, 12:43 PM
As Roderic walks into the alley, he notices a chapel at the end, and four houses lining the alley walls, two on each side. Standing outside the chapel are three halflings and a human male, visibly guarding the door.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
Note, I won't usually be rolling on checks here, I just had to this time

One of the halflings breaks off from the group and goes to meet Roderic. As he gets closer Roderic noticed he is carrying a crossbow aimed at him and has a rapierat his waist. The halfling calls out "Who are you and what are you doing here?" The others are watching idly as their companion advances on the human.

BoomerangFlash
2008-11-14, 04:18 PM
Rolt becomes completely unaware of his surroundings and falls into deep thought for several minutes. He's practically a statue, unblinking and barely moving. "Him...? Those monsters! "

Rolt quickly exits and starts heading for the inn. "I'll just go there and wait for the others. There's no way I can infiltrate the church alone." Rolt makes himself comfortable and rests.

bue52
2008-11-14, 09:39 PM
There is a chapel at the end of alley, and four houses lining the alley walls, two on each side Roderick thinks into the crystal, when he reached the point of the halfling threatening him with the crossbow, he then tells Nes, I think I may need back up, I'll try to infiltrate the church, that is probably where they are gathering. And I am in a little sticky situation.

Now in front of these people, Roderick obviously did not show panic, instead, with a faint smile, Roderick says, "Now, now let's not be hasty, I know what you do here, and obviously, I'm here to join you, if you do not mind, I think you may find my expertise of good help to you."

Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

phoerix
2008-11-14, 09:53 PM
Now only a few feet away, the diminutive halfling stops. Who are you here to see? He peers up and frowns, lowering his eyebrows. I don't remember news of any new recruits.

bue52
2008-11-14, 10:01 PM
"Well, I am not on the latest update of recruits, they would probably add me to the list a week later, thanks to all the organisational hazards, if you know what I mean" Roderick says, then he whispers into the ear of the halfling, "Pulled some strings to get here, its tough getting a job, so it'll take some time before I'm officially here."

phoerix
2008-11-14, 10:25 PM
The halfling nods sagely, oddly comedically. Yes, I remember trying to get in. You'd think that it would be a bit easier, considering the scarceness of people of our afiliations... The halfling begins to lead Roderic down the alley, calling out to one of the remaining group in hushed tones, so his voice wouldn't carry out the alley, Milo, we've got a new recruit. No news because he's a sneaky fellow, just the kind of man we need. Milo, the shortest halfling of the three, and not even half as tall as Roderic, nods and the guards move aside, allowing Roderic passage into the chapel.

As a note, I might at some point just give up and start calling them hobbits :)

KingRexII
2008-11-14, 11:14 PM
Nes transmits back Stall. I'm ten minutes behind you. If I see anyone else from our group, I'll bring them along. He begins to run toward Roderick's location, hailing anyone from his group that he sees. He also concentrates (Take 10 for 25 total) to gain his psionic focus. He slows down when he gets closer. He tries to hide his advances toward the alleyway.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 12:00 AM
Just note, that Zach is heading to parson's alleyway as well if that is parson's alleyway. :smalltongue:

AetherFox
2008-11-15, 12:36 AM
Jason Ythera

Jason sees Nes coming down the streat signaling to him and gets the message.
They must have found him too.

He follows a few yards behind, allowing enough distance for one or two crouds to meove between them, but not enough to loos sight of Nes.

bue52
2008-11-15, 01:16 AM
Nes, I've entered the building, everything is fine so far, I suggest you sneak in the place, I'll try to keep the crystal with me. Right now I'll try to get as much information as possible, but I won't feel comfortable being a double agent. I'll continue to keep you updated, by the way, is there someway I can transfer what I see to you? Anyway, I see another 3 halflings, so got to focus now, see you soon..... hopefully.

Roderick follows them at the same time observing the chapel and trying to see if there is anyway the rest of the group can come in and raid the place.
spot check[roll0]
Search[roll1]
Bluff[roll2] To hide the fact that I am searching around for openings and such. And if people notice my "fidgeting", I'll say that I'm looking around to familiarize myself with the place.

Kantolin
2008-11-15, 05:59 AM
Noting Nes rush past him, Wolfgang responded swiftly. "Hold him." He stated, surprising the diminutive Halt by lobbing the lizard onto Nes's clothing. Having a pair of eyes near the front would be helpful.

This did get him a sizeable flurry of irritation through his empathic link, but he knew Halt enough to know that the lizard understood, at least mostly.

Deed done, Wolfgang headed vaguely in that direction but stayed a bit further away than Jason, not wanting to seem like he was interested at all in the location.

KingRexII
2008-11-16, 08:04 AM
Calmly detached, Nes barely flinches as the lizard lands on his cloak. He says to those he passes by, "Roderick has successfully infiltrated the entrance to their meeting place. We need to be careful as we approach -- try to stay out of sight until we can coordinate something."

He sends back to Roderick, A few of us are on the way. Concentrate on keeping them occupied. Since my psicrystals on the outside of your person and can see, it can do the describing for you.

phoerix
2008-11-16, 05:57 PM
As Roderic enters the building he comes into a well-lit chapel where the pews have been moved to one side and where a large hexagonal table has been placed near the center. At the table five figures stand, talking to eachother and pointing to various bits on it. A tall thin human and a solidly built dwarf stand with their backs to the door and across from them two lithe red tieflings and another dwarf stand facing the door Roderic just came from. The human and first dwarf turn around to look at the intruder, Roderic notices a scar on the face of the human and recognizes from the description that he is Hest. The dwarf next to Hest frowns and asks hostilely, Who are you and what are you doing here?

KingRexII
2008-11-16, 09:28 PM
Nes suddenly realizes just how dangerous this could possibly become. He thinks to himself, Foolish man! Zach explicitly told us just to gather information and here I am, possibly getting us embroiled in a deadly mission. He sends over to Roderick, "Try to get out as quickly as you can, especially since Hest has seen your face. We'll be here to support you if something happens, but we don't want to act until we have the good ahead."

He describes to everyone with him what's going on inside the chapel.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-17, 10:23 PM
Zach walks along, and sees Nes and a bunch of others standing around in small groups. He quietly entered one and heard what was going on.

He cursed slightly under his breath. The fool! I told everyone strictly gather information! Why did he go in there? As Zach seems to be on the verge of anger, he calms down.

Nevermind. I will deal with this later. Now is not the time. It seems that we might have to act sooner than anticipated. I do hope he is all right.

Tell him if that if he needs help, we are outside.

Now keep in groups of two to three, and stay nearby, but don't attract attention to yourself. Wait for Nes' signal.

Zach then turns to Nes. If he needs help, let us know. Also, keep us informed.

He will then leave, and patrol the area nearby, standing alone and watching Nes and the others, but particulary Nes.

KingRexII
2008-11-17, 10:56 PM
Nes acquiesces to Zach's instructions, relaying his message to Roderick. He stays quiet, trying to stay in tune with his crystal.

bue52
2008-11-17, 11:07 PM
Roderick thanks Nes and Zach for the help and tells them his plan to be selling fake information to the gang, using half-truths and what not and hopefully lead them out into the open where arrest is possible, Roderick checks with Nes to see if the psi-crystal can act as a recording device., as he looked at his interrogator, he calmly states, " I am here as the new recruit, I have valuable information I'd like to dispense to you, if you do not mind, I'll start small before I tell some of the better military secrets that can help your cause. Firstly, the authorities are starting to suspect who you are, they have no direct evidence, but they believe that Hers't is one of the mastermind behind the recent arsons."
Bluff[roll0]
Diplomacy[roll1]

phoerix
2008-11-17, 11:37 PM
Hest frowns at the news slightly, but shrugs. The dwarf looks unimpressed. And I suppose the half-orc and human that have been asking after our friend Hest aren't friends of yours? I received word that there were two men asking after him. He stares stones at Roderic. Mighty suspect if you ask me. He nods and the tieflings start forward, splitting to head at Roderic from two sides, pulling out rapiers. What else do you have for me?

bue52
2008-11-17, 11:48 PM
"Information on these men essentially, I did say I'll start with something basic, I'll give you information on their strengths and weaknesses, the City guard has gathered a group to take you down, and they plan to do so in your next....erm, raid, though it hasn't been confirmed if they know where you will strike next. Which is probably what they are trying to find out about for the next few days."Roderick says.

Bluff[roll0]
Diplomacy[roll1]

phoerix
2008-11-18, 01:13 AM
The dwarf stops the tieflings, then says, Ok, so give us these weaknesses and strengths. His eyes stare up glinting at Roderic. The other dwarf has come around to stand between the leader and Hest, forming a line, and pulls out a small object and bows his head muttering to himself. The first dwarf smiles, and a wave goes through Roderic, And since you mean us no harm, you won't object to a Zone of Truth, or answering a few other questions now will you?

Make a save please, DC16

bue52
2008-11-19, 12:46 AM
"Very well, I agree to it, but only if you keep the methods of which I obtain my information, its rather embarrassing." Roderick says as his mind screams into the crystal. I need back up asap, I can only hold him off for so long, if possible send people up to arrest the leaders, as you guys barge in I'll try to prevent them from leaving as long as I can, but please I do not have much time.

bue52
2008-11-19, 12:52 AM
OOC: Oops forgot my will save

Will save:[roll0]

KingRexII
2008-11-19, 11:34 PM
Nes hears Roderick's telepathic screams. He signals to Zach, gesticulating that they should get into position and get ready to burst in any minute.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-19, 11:54 PM
Seeing Nes's signal, Zach will head over and deduce a plan with him.

phoerix
2008-11-21, 11:33 AM
The dwarf pressed forward, nodding at Roderick's "terms". Are you working with the army to bring us down, and how much do you know about us?

bue52
2008-11-21, 11:03 PM
"No I am not, I'd say they know of your names, but do not know where you are, though, by now they may know where you are gathering, but they probably do not have enough forces yet, as they do not know your numbers, so I think if they want to capture you, they will take their time to gather reinforcements." Roderick says.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-21, 11:06 PM
Zach talks to Nes, and then the others.

Our first priority is to disable those gaurds so they cannot raise an alarm. If they raise an alarm, Roderick can possibly fall into even greater danger.

Does anyone have any abilities that can perhaps raise our chance of success?

Kantolin
2008-11-22, 01:53 PM
Wolfgang nods. "I've got a few things - for gettin' in unseen'n helpin' us get a good sneak on dose guards. I can make two people invisible - shift light so dey can't be seen - an' I can make someone go from solid t'liquid, which'd 'elp dem move around not likely t'be noticed an' would help'm sneak through cracks and da like. All three of dese things only last 'bout five minutes, though."

He eyed Halt, who was watching him. "Also, Halt can go with someone goin' in - he's small enough so he won't get seen either, although he can't do much disablin'."

He shook his head. "'Course, once ya get past dat, I's not good at disablin' itself. M'magic's supportive, y'see."

Deathslayer7
2008-11-22, 08:07 PM
Good enough. Can you cast it on us? Also, we will need a distraction.

ooc:
i will offer to go, but i'm not the sneaky type. but RP wise, I wouldn't let someone else go. :smalltongue: Who else wants to go with me?

the plan (no peeking!):

two of us go invisible, one of us distracts the guards, and Nes can mindblast the last one. Sound good?

Deathslayer7
2008-11-23, 11:21 PM
With a semi-sold plan decided on, Zach will quietly cast a spell of his before waiting for Wolfgang to cast his spells, and whoever wishes to accompany him.

casting divine favor

phoerix
2008-11-24, 12:08 AM
The dwarf smiles, slowly some tension releasing out of him. And do you know my name?

bue52
2008-11-24, 07:18 AM
" Unfortunately, I do not, it is not in my interest to know your name, though I think it would be rude not too know come to think about it." Roderick says. Guys it'll be nice if you guys started moving, I'm having a hard time keeping them here and not be suspicious. sending his thoughts to the crystal.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-11-24, 10:32 AM
Nalini heard the psychic scream, and immediatley dropped the rather inane conversation he was having with a stall owner, sprinting towards the chapel, where it had come from.

As he came up to it, he saw the aasimar, the half-orc, and the elan standing around a door. As he hurried up, he heard snatches of conversation about invisibility, Roderick, and other various things.

"I take it one of our companions has been apprehended, and is in need of rescuing?"

He eyed the door, and thought about how many magic traps he had run into in days past. Nalini reached into his pocket and grabbed his holy symbol, started muttering, flipped his other hand in a few mystically significant ways, and stared at the door.

Casting Detect Magic, and staring straight at the door.

KingRexII
2008-11-24, 05:35 PM
"Yes -- Roderick is in there. We're planning on how to storm the place with minimal hurt. See anything magical on that door?"

He talks to the others: "Cast your invisibility spells. We should hurry; we need to go in now."

Mr.Bookworm
2008-11-24, 05:49 PM
"I... don't know. There's a faint magic aura. My magic extends quite a bit, so it could possibly be something else. Hang on, I'll be able to tell you more in just a few seconds."

Still concentrating on that door.

phoerix
2008-11-24, 06:19 PM
Inquisitive a wee overmuch are we now? You were right; it is not in your interest to know. The dwarf leans back on the table, pulling out a longspear and casually playing with it on the floor. If you knew my name, security would have to have a talking to and you would likely have been killed already. I would suggest you not inquire further into it. He looks right into Roderick's eyes with a piercing stare.

bue52
2008-11-24, 09:09 PM
"Very well," Roderick says, and at the same time he thinks into the crystal, Guys, sorry for the added pressure, but we will have to take the leaders down in one go, I cannot get anymore information without endangering myself, and sadly, I cannot even get the name of the big boss, so we'll have to finish everything today. Roderick was nervous, yet calm at the same time, he was confident of his teammates leading him out of this sticky situation, he was more nervous of the "disciplining" which he will suffer for disregarding orders.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 10:40 PM
May we safely assume that the spells are cast? And I still need a partner? I think? :smallconfused:

Kantolin
2008-11-24, 10:57 PM
Wolfgang focused, channeling arcane energy - first on Zach, then Nalani. He whispered a few words in orcish which seemed to echo throughout the area.

He paused for a moment just before he touched Zach on the shoulder - he could almost see it. There were patterns between people, patterns in magic, and they were almost in his grasp. Still, he could not at this moment utilize them.

He stepped backwards, unable to see either. "It's done." He said, figuring they couldn't know. "We'll follow a bit behind ya."

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 11:02 PM
Thank you Wolfgang. Let's go. As planned. he says to the group. Give us a moment to get to the others first before you two attack them.

With that, he heads into the alleyway with whoever follows.

Which would be Nalani, Wolfgang, and Nes, with anyone else waiting, and doing what they want I suppose.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-12-01, 11:00 AM
Nalini crept after the aasimar, hand shifting down into his pocket to reassure himself that his symbol was there, while drawing his crossbow with the other hand. He muttered some words over it, and runes carved into the wood of the crossbow flared into silent blue light for a second, then faded to a glow so slight that you almost couldn't tell it was there.

I'm in the alley with Zack (IC I don't know his name, of course), and have the psychokinetic ability of my crossbow activated.

phoerix
2008-12-02, 11:37 AM
These men that are looking for our dear friend Hest, do you know how far away they are? Do they know where we are? Hest shifts at the mention of his name, but continues to stare down Roderick with his shorter friend.

bue52
2008-12-02, 08:45 PM
"Well, I would have to say, they probably would know by now, that at least, you all are having a meeting, if I am not wrong, with their current resources, they cannot clarify whether or not you are even meeting right now, and from what I know of the leader, he would be unwilling to recklessly enter without any foolproof plan, and judging by the amount of information I judge they have, I highly doubt they would dare make a move till next week, and the earliest I think they dare make a move is three days later." Roderick says.

OOC: Do I still need to roll bluff checks and/or Diplomacy checks?

KingRexII
2008-12-03, 11:23 PM
He turns to those with him. "Get ready to start blasting when I disappear."

Nestor manifests a power to protect himself1, tightens his cloak close around himself to cover at much of his body as possible, and starts to crawl toward the chapel. He keeps his distance as he calls out to the guards, "Help me! I've been attacked by bandits."2 He hopes that keeping most of his body covered helps the ruse a little.

All right, I can't believe I'm actually trying this...

1He manifests Force Screen to get +4 Shield AC
2[roll0] (So... circumstance bonus for the cloak? :P)

Current effects:
Force Screen 5/5 minutes

Deathslayer7
2008-12-04, 11:25 AM
Zack will ready an action to attack a guard when he sees something happen.

phoerix
2008-12-04, 11:46 AM
The guards look blankly at the crawling man inching toward them. Finally the leader shrugs and they all head off towards Nestor, walking at a slow pace. Are you hurt and where are they?

KingRexII
2008-12-04, 02:51 PM
Flying? Charging? Nes is crawling on the ground. Unless you're talking about someone else?

Nes begins to cough violently. "They went that way," feebly pointing away from the church. "They've curse me --" Nes coughs some more toward one of the halflings, making sure to 'accidently' get some spittle on his skin. "They gave me some sort of disease. I need a cleric quick." Internally, he's hoping that he's not hamming it up too much.

Another circumstance bonus to bluff due to coughing fit?
[roll0]
EDIT: :smallfrown:

bue52
2008-12-05, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, I'll be away for a week or so, but I'll be bringing my laptop overseas, though whether or not I can get internet connection, is another story.

phoerix
2008-12-08, 11:15 AM
Recoiling from the spittle, the guards in the alleyway glare. Well you're safe now, get going. The human pulls out a loaded crossbow from his cape and the others all pull out rapiers.

Sorry for dropping the ball again, this is my last week of school for a while and I've got 2 days of hell thursday and friday, but until then it should be fine.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-12-08, 07:22 PM
Nalini, watching from the alleyway, stepped out, moving towards the guards.

Move Silently check if I need one.

[roll0]

He stopped five feet away from the guard holding the crossbow, and pointed his own crossbow at the guard.

"Don't move. You may not be able to see it, but I assure you that a quite solid steel and wood crossbow bolt is pointing right at your head. If you so much as twitch, I'll fire. Understand?"

Intimidate check: [roll1]

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: Crap on a crap sandwich covered in crap.

Deathslayer7
2008-12-08, 07:59 PM
Seeing that Nes was found out, Zack will shine light into the partys' eyes off his sword, giving them a moment to orientate themselves, and then stab the leader of the group.

attack: [roll0] aiming for the kidney area. Flat-footed.
damage: [roll1]
intiative: [roll2]

phoerix
2008-12-09, 12:11 PM
The guards are stunned, flatfooted and entirely horrified that someone so obviously outnumbered would preemptively strike them. Hearing the voice come out of nowhere only adds to the confusion and horror.

Zack's blow catches Milo and deals a strong cut to the halflings face.

I'll update the map once everyone moves. You all have a surprise round, and then it will fall to initiative.

Current Initiative

(1d20+4)[20] Gilbert, halfling # 1
(1d20+3)[20] Luke, halfling #2
Zack [18]
(1d20+6)[17] Saddam, human
(1d20+9)[12] Milo, halfling #3 (this is the leader)
Nalini [9]

Don't forget to update all your saves and everything else that is modified with Zack's aura's

Deathslayer7
2008-12-10, 12:32 AM
Those of you who are within 15 feet gain a +4 bonus to AC.

Those within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to will saves.

and i assume that was my action for the suprise round.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-12-10, 03:49 PM
Nalini sighed, and drew divine power into his left hand, shifting the crossbow over to his right. He lunged towards the human, his hand sweeping out towards his head.

Awaken Sin, a touch attack.

[roll0]

If I hit, I deal 5d6 points of nonlethal damage, and if he's knocked out, it deals 1d6 points of Wisdom damage.

[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: *thumbs up*

One guard taken care of, hopefully.

phoerix
2008-12-13, 10:55 PM
Saddam staggers as the weight of his sins comes crashing on him as Nalini convicts him. Standing slowly, eyes tearing as he attempts to regain his composure. The two of the halflings move to flank Zach and flail their rapiers at him.

Luke
[roll0]
Gilbert
[roll1]
Ok, roll for initiative everyone else, Zach's up next...

Deathslayer7
2008-12-14, 01:34 PM
Zach will ignore the two for now, and attack Milo again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathslayer7
2008-12-14, 01:35 PM
confirm crit: [roll0]

phoerix
2008-12-15, 11:30 AM
Hearing sound of the scuffle outside the dwarf's face turns a murderous red. Hest looks down and over and puts a hand of him, restraining any outburst. After a moment, the dwarf calms down and asks Roderick in a perfectly level voice, Did you or did you not lead whatever it is outside bothering my guards here?

Mr.Bookworm
2008-12-15, 12:11 PM
Initiative roll:

[roll0]

bue52
2008-12-15, 11:08 PM
"I did not lead those people who are causing the commotion outside, it may be possible that I was being followed though I highly doubt so, on the other hand, is it possible that your own men are trying to rebel against you?" Roderick says calmly, as though trying to soothe a raging beast.

phoerix
2008-12-16, 11:38 AM
That would be possible; its why they're at the door, though Milo is a true believer. The dwarf tilts his head from one side to the other, weighing decisions in his mind. Sudden;y he nods, Hest, take our new recruit outside to find out whats all happening.

Hest nods shortly and begins walking toward the door, reaching Roderick, he pauses, waiting for him to follow.

phoerix
2008-12-22, 12:45 PM
The human runs foreward to Nestor and strikes with his rapier, still reeling from the pain of his sins. The leader of the group strikes back at Zach, snarling as he lunges.

Halfling (Milo)
Hit [roll0]
Crit Con [roll1]
Dam [roll2]
Crit Dam [roll3]

Human (Saddam)
Hit [roll4]
Crit Con [roll5]
Dam [roll6]
Crit Dam [roll7]
Top of the order again.

KingRexII
2008-12-24, 08:33 AM
Nes's face drops character immediately as their ruse failed spectacularly. He takes the hit with a grimace, but counters with a violent push back against his attackers. He points his finger, and a fiery burst of energy hits one of their attackers.

Casting Energy Push (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyPush.htm) on #3, choosing fire and augmenting power by two and using Power Specialization (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#powerSpecialization). I'll expend my psionic focus to deal the extra damage.

[roll0] (this is a ranged touch attack roll)
[roll1], Reflex save for half, DC 17.

If it hits, it pushes #3 toward the other walls by 5' + 5'/5 points of damage taken. If it's enough to push him into the wall (10 or greater points of damage from above), Energy Push slams him against the wall and deals an additional [roll2] damage.

EDIT: Slam damage gets no save.

HP: 23/28
AC: 23

Deathslayer7
2008-12-26, 12:02 AM
Zach manages to avade the blow before stirking back at the halfling.

[roll0]
[roll1]

phoerix
2009-01-01, 06:30 PM
A sound of rushing and stamping feet fills the alley. Four blue and steel clad men rush into the alley. A flapping followed by a booming voice from above. Halt! Under order of Strytra Achepet by power of Holos Bonos, this fight shall desist and you are all under arrest. The halflings and the human all take a step back and drop their weapons, the leader fumbling in his pocket. Suddenly an earsplitting screech emits from his clothes, and he falls to the ground, ears bleeding.

Inside the chapel, the screech is heard, causing a small eruption of activity. Papers on the table are gathered and some burned. The dwarf oversees the controlled chaos and then turns to Roderick. We are leaving, if you survive here, and my men lead me to trust you, I will find you and we will continue this later.

bue52
2009-01-22, 06:27 AM
" Very well, I'll see how everything goes." Roderick says, in his mind he starts to panic, how in the world is he supposed to keep up the facade and lead the rest to the criminals now?

phoerix
2009-01-22, 11:52 AM
"Take care." The dwarf warns as those remaining in the room converge around him. Turning his back to Roderick, he places his hands on Hest's back and the back of the other dwarf, while each other mimics into a huddle. The dwarf mutters a short incantation and they all disapear, a slight breeze moving through the room and displacing some of the remaining papers and the ashes of the burned ones.

Outside in the alley, the remaining halflings and human have fallen down, weapons far away from them. A tall aasimar lands near the bleeding halfling that has stopped breathing and searches in its pockets, pulling out a partly melted crystal and tossing it aside with disgust. Standing and nodding, he motions the soldiers to go cover the downed guards. Turning to the remaining group, who have all gathered to the side and produced their letter of authority silently.

Walking over to them, the aasimar takes and letter, reads it and addresses them, Is this all of you? I recieved word of a disturbance in this alley, and due to the recent arsons was under pressure to resolve this as quickly as possible. You are, I take it, the group brough in to resolve this recent insurgence of arson?