PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum Dipping

Draz74
2008-11-10, 08:59 PM
Let's say I have an Azurin healer character who takes no levels in Incarnum classes, but takes the Shape Soulmeld (lifebond vestment) feat.

Without spending more feats on Incarnum, he can't bind his Lifebond Vestment to any chakra for additional benefits, can he?

... Even with additional feats, can he do so? There isn't a feat that opens the heart chakra, right? (I don't actually have the book, so I don't know whether Lifebond Vestments can be bound to any chakra besides the heart.)

How much does not-binding-to-any-chakra gimp most Soulmelds, anyway?

Fax Celestis
2008-11-10, 09:15 PM
Word From Designers is that the Open Chakra feats also allow you to bind to them. Open Heart Chakra and Open Soul Chakra are epic feats.

EDIT: Also, Lifebond Vestments can be bound to your Arms chakra, accessible via feat as early as 12th level, which makes the Lifebond Vestment's healing ability usable at 30' instead of touch.

Draz74
2008-11-11, 05:32 PM
Thanks! I'll have to consider that, though I think my build is too feat-starved to fit in an Open Chakra feat anyway.

Blackfang108
2008-11-11, 05:45 PM
Opean Heart Chakra is an [EPIC] feat. Not sure what level offhand, but Heart&Soul are both [EPIC] for sure.

Most of them aren't too gimped without binding, depending on what you want to do with that.

for instance, I have a character with the item that gives me a +2 bonus to my natural armor, plus additionals for every point invested in it.

Im using it on a character that doesn't have hands and has a paltry bonus to begin with.

(Along with taking three levels of sorcerer to pick things up.)